PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Utd v Arsenal August 13th

Pages : [1] 2

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 01:20 PM
We had our most humiliating game of a horrific season at Newcastle last season.

Time to right a wrong.

Sir Chesney

Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Clichy

Theo Song Wilshere Nasri

RVP Chamakh

No new signing will play in this mainly cos we wont have any

Joker
17-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Time to right a wrong.

Sir Chesney

Theo Song Wilshere Nasri

RVP Chamakh

If it's more of the same then the fans will very quickly turn against Wenger. We need at the very least 3 new players who can slot into the first XI if we harbour hopes of winning the league.

milla
17-06-2011, 02:06 PM

Time to right a wrong.

Sir Chesney

Theo Song Wilshere Nasri

RVP Chamakh

3-1 home win to Newcastle, RVP will get his usual +1 :coffee:

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Whats RVPs record atm in scoring in away games?

milla
17-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Whats RVPs record atm in scoring in away games?

9 in 9 or 10 in 10. Not sure. :coffee:

Ironing
17-06-2011, 11:19 PM
must win

fakeyank
18-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Newcastle to win 1-0

The Verminator
21-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I think I'll wait until a little closer to the game before making a prediction. ;)

Who knows what transfer deals will happen between now and then.

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 06:41 PM
0-4.

Gervinho double, Walcott and RVP.

Wilshere to put in a few GHEL specials on Barton.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 06:43 PM
0-4.

Harsh for Wilshere to go all GHEL on a team mate...

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Harsh for Wilshere to go all GHEL on a team mate...
Both will be Newcastle players, so who cares............

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Both will be Newcastle players, so who cares............

Swapping Wilshere for Jose Enrique? Hope so..............................

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Swapping Wilshere for Jose Enrique? Hope so..............................
Tiote tbh.

He is a Must Get.

That one fluke he scored against us is still more than Scott Parker will ever acheive in the game.

Plus he's pretty good otherwise too.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Parker was player of the season in one of the 920345435734987 awards at the end of the season.

Id say thats better than scoring a fluke tbh.

Parker>Titswhatever tbh

Anyway Demba Ba Black Sheep will probably play for Newcastle in this and hes pretty good. He'll score

LDG
30-06-2011, 11:54 AM
We may have to forfiet this match, as we won't have any players left :(

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Rather that than be humiliated like last season

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 12:59 PM
This is on ESPN

The Wengerbabies
11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Must win.

Also I'll miss this, probably for the best tbh.

Niall_Quinn
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
0-4.

No half-time predictions please - final scores only!

Coney
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
:lol:

fakeyank
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
I can see us losing 3-0

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I can see us losing 3-0

You really think we are going to have a better defensive game than we did in the game last season?

fakeyank
09-08-2011, 06:05 PM

You really think we are going to have a better defensive game than we did in the game last season?

Not really.. I just think Newcastle will have an off day

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
We need to extract the maximum profit from this game.

Sirjackofwilshere
10-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Lets hope the Geordie nation decides to join in the national scrap fest before Saturday otherwise I find it hard to believe we'll get a point let alone 3 with the amount of flipping injuries piling up. In other words I'm scared.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Lets hope the Geordie nation decides to join in the national scrap fest before Saturday otherwise I find it hard to believe we'll get a point let alone 3 with the amount of flipping injuries piling up. In other words I'm scared.

I think you need to bring that little dancing chicken thing back while the season is in progress. It's kind of a match fixture.

fakeyank
11-08-2011, 12:50 AM

Do not worry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CdA8IhE6Q

Master Splinter
12-08-2011, 05:06 AM
On Thursday afternoon, Arsčne Wenger gave Arsenal.com the following team news:

on Walcott...
“Theo is back in the squad, this is much quicker than I thought.”

on Van Persie, Vermaelen, Gibbs - all went off against Benfica...
“From the players who played in the last game, everyone should be available.”

on Wilshere...
“Jack Wilshere has been put in a boot. He has an inflamed ankle and it is difficult to set any specific date on his return, but we hope he will be back soon.”

on rumours around Ramsey and Arshavin getting injured on international duty...
“From the internationals, everyone is alright. I am positive on all of them, so they should be able to travel tomorrow. Many of them have played 45 minutes to an hour.”

on Diaby...
“Abou Diaby is slowly improving. As well, it is difficult to say when he will be back, but we know he will not play before the end of September.”

on the condition of the squad at this stage of season...
“During pre-season we were more disturbed by transfer noise than injuries. We already knew that Diaby would not start the season, but he is improving steadily. We did not know that Wilshere would not start the season, that is our only bad surprise. But it is not a threatening injury, it is an inflamed ankle and we hope he will be back with us soon. Overall, this has been the best pre-season medically for a long time.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-van-persie-vermaelen-gibbs-fit

Szczesny

Sagna
Vermaelen
Djourou
Gibbs

Song
Ramsey
Rosicky

Walcott
RVP
Gervinho

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Frimpong, Arshavin, Ryo/Ugly Theo, Chamakh?

milla
12-08-2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-van-persie-vermaelen-gibbs-fit

Szczesny

Sagna
Vermaelen
Djourou
Gibbs

Song
Ramsey
Rosicky

Walcott
RVP
Gervinho

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Frimpong, Arshavin, Ryo/Ugly Theo, Chamakh?

Szczesny

Sagna
Vermaelen
Djourou
Gibbs

Song
Rosicky
Arshavin

Walcott
RVP
Gervinho

Would be much better IMO. Ramsey was out of depth in pre season, let Arshavin take Cesc role instead. :coffee:

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Ryo can't play so it'll be Ugly Theo on the bench.

Also, Rambo did mostly well in pre-season, he doesn't do those crazy through balls like Cesc did but spreads the play a lot better and uses the ball intelligently so he'll be starting, wouldn't object to Arshy off RvP in more of a 4-4-2 with Song and Rambo in the middle though.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
2-2

Gezza and RVP with our goals.

IBK
12-08-2011, 11:34 AM
We're winning this 1-2.

milla
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Ryo can't play so it'll be Ugly Theo on the bench.

Also, Rambo did mostly well in pre-season, he doesn't do those crazy through balls like Cesc did but spreads the play a lot better and uses the ball intelligently so he'll be starting, wouldn't object to Arshy off RvP in more of a 4-4-2 with Song and Rambo in the middle though.

Why cant Ryo play? He got his work permit already. Rosicky did much better than Ramsey in pre season period. :coffee:

Letters
12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Samuel L. Jackson thinks we'll win

:dance:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14508119.stm

And he's American, he should know a thing or two about 'soccer'.

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I believe he needs to get a permanent 'staying' visa from all the way back in Japan, work permit is fine but everything else needs to be processed.

Rosicky didn't do much better than Ramsey imo, he looked sharper than he has in a long time and I'm glad to have him back playing well but Ramsey was a better playmaker with Rosicky still tending to get drawn into the tippy-tappy. I'll be happy to see them in the midfield 3 together but Rambo is more important to us creating chances, which is pretty important with Cesc and Nasri on their way out.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
0-0

LDG
12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
We'll win. And win well. :syn:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Fuck.

Getting it in early as I probably won't be on in the evening.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
3-1 to us, lets hope these cunts go and unleasesh their anger on newcastle, not die because fabregas is going.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Newcastle v Arsenal (1730 BST)

Arsene Wenger will get a lot of money from selling Cesc Fabregas and, probably, Samir Nasri but the big issue for the Arsenal manager is whether he can get their replacements in time, and at what cost.

It may well be that at this stage of the summer he will now have to pay over the odds to get players he wants, so I really don't understand why he has let this situation develop.

Wenger came out towards the end of last season and made the admission that he knew exactly what was wrong with his team, which was obviously lacking a goalkeeper and a centre-back who could head the ball. As of yet he has not addressed that, which is why I am thinking Liverpool might nick fourth spot off the Gunners.

They may be an attractive side to watch but all their fans will tell you that, when the ball comes into their box, they watch through their hands and fear the worst.

Newcastle have not had a great summer either but the bottom line from owner Mike Ashley seems to be that they are just trying to stay in the Premier League.

The Magpies do not spend much money either and their strategy seems to be to buy players who are untried in England and hope that, like Cheik Tiote did, they turn into very good players.

This fixture finished 4-4 last season, in a game that absolutely defined Arsenal, but I think it might be a little less crazy on Saturday.

Prediction: 1-2

Lawro :lol:

Master Splinter
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
FFS. We're definitely losing now.

Boss
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
IMO we'll win this.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Im living in hope rather than expectation.

Im fully prepared for the worst August of Arsenal history tbh

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
if you mix competitive and non competitive fixtures we have won six games from the past twenty three games (23 games competitive and non competitive since we beat Barcelona in February), I am not optimistic for this game, statistics give me no reason to be optimistic

Three wins from our last nine away games
The only player from last season and in pre-season who seems capable of scoring goals is Robin Van Persie
We will conceed goals, our defence is incapable of leadership and stopping itself from making howlers

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
First few games of the season are pretty random usually.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 06:53 PM
First few games of the season are pretty random usually.

This, these games like those shity Group stage games don't really tell you anything. We could win 6-0 tommrow still won't tell us how we've changed.

Joker
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Newcastle to win 2-1

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 08:22 PM
if you mix competitive and non competitive fixtures we have won six games from the past twenty three games (23 games competitive and non competitive since we beat Barcelona in February), I am not optimistic for this game, statistics give me no reason to be optimistic

Three wins from our last nine away games
The only player from last season and in pre-season who seems capable of scoring goals is Robin Van Persie
We will conceed goals, our defence is incapable of leadership and stopping itself from making howlers

Our first choice back four didn't concede a goal for the entirety of pre-season.

That's how much you can trust stats.

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
This, these games like those shity Group stage games don't really tell you anything. We could win 6-0 tommrow still won't tell us how we've changed.

We're not going to know if it's good news till May, problem is we'll know the bad news by October.

Edinburgh Gooner
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
1-3. RvP x2 and Gervinho.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
0-0 with the most exciting moment being a pigeon shitting on their GK.

fari
12-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Our first choice back four didn't concede a goal for the entirety of pre-season.

That's how much you can trust stats.

for real

Alias
13-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Im at work when this game is on :patrice:

GP
13-08-2011, 09:02 AM
1-3. RvP x2 and Gervinho.

I'll go with that.

Boss
13-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Im at work when this game is on :patrice:

:pal:

Start of a new season ffs.

MTFU lad.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 10:45 AM
no repeat of last year
My heart wouldnt be able to take it

a win for us

RomfordPele
13-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Red card for Frimpong if he plays. Kid is too clumsy at the moment, will draw card after card from Premiership refs.

Still think we'll edge it today: 2-1.

Walcott and Ramsey to score in either half. Then Newcastle to pull one back and leave us sweating at the end.

Syn
13-08-2011, 11:12 AM
What's the team likely to be? I hear Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere are out...

-------------Fabianski-------------

Sagna--Vermaelen--Koscielny--Gibbs

----Ramsey--Song--Diaby-------

Walcott-----Van Persie----Gervinho

1-1; same shit.

Boss
13-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Diaby is injured, thank fuck.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Changed my mind. RvP to net twice, 2-1 (I'd say 2-0 but it is impossible for us not to concede). Sorry lads, I've let you down a bit. In all the excitement of the new season kicking off I've forgotten to do a pre-match assassination of the ref. I'll get him next week.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Diaby is injured, thank fuck.

Exactly, let's focus on the positives.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Exactly, let's focus on the positives.

claws away NQ - dont you know everyone (except Cripps) gets a clean slate pre first game! . . . .

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Red card for Frimpong if he plays. Kid is too clumsy at the moment, will draw card after card from Premiership refs.

Still think we'll edge it today: 2-1.

Walcott and Ramsey to score in either half. Then Newcastle to pull one back and leave us sweating at the end.

Nah, this is the Premiership and he's English so he'll get away with a fair bit hopefully, much like Wilshere is starting to get the benefit of the doubt usually reserved for Terry/Scholes et al.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2011, 12:04 PM
claws away NQ - dont you know everyone (except Cripps) gets a clean slate pre first game! . . . . Harsh. I'll be optimistic. I don't think we'll concede 4 again to Newcastle.Optimistic Ach :bow:

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 12:10 PM
We should watch out for Demba Ba, he's one of those annoying players that always seem to pop up with a tap in or scruffy goal. He was quite effective in the short time he had at West Ham last year.

Fancy us to score a few but it's just a case of whether we can snuff Newcastle out of the game. They'll want to start well for their fans so I think we'll have an open game at least, I just hope we're prepared defensively because that will probably be the difference.

In a way I think it's better for us to start away so all the intense expectation isn't felt. I'm sure it will be back next week against Liverpool so starting well here could give them a much needed reprieve.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Changed my mind. RvP to net twice, 2-1 (I'd say 2-0 but it is impossible for us not to concede). Sorry lads, I've let you down a bit. In all the excitement of the new season kicking off I've forgotten to do a pre-match assassination of the ref. I'll get him next week.

How many predictions have you made now?

I question your sanity/senility more than Wenger's tbh.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Nah, this is the Premiership and he's English so he'll get away with a fair bit hopefully

Dumb bastard has chosen to play for Ghana.

No GHEL protection now.

:doh:

But then The New Diaby or Essien, as he's sometimes known, gets away with murder. So there's some hope.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 01:22 PM
How many predictions have you made now?

I question your sanity/senility more than Wenger's tbh.

Let's talk when one of my predictions turns out to be true and your's is nowhere.

Could be 3-1 too, now that I think of it.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Cant remember what i predicted on IKTS

I think it was an Arsenal win but could have been a draw or a Newcastle win

Definitely one of those 3 though

GP
13-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Hope we win.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Dumb bastard has chosen to play for Ghana.

No GHEL protection now.

:doh:

But then The New Diaby or Essien, as he's sometimes known, gets away with murder. So there's some hope.

Bugger, I forgot he'd done that.

In other news, we're top of the league :scarf:

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Hope we win.

Sick fuck.

Sirjackofwilshere
13-08-2011, 03:34 PM
TEAM

Schez. Sagna. Kos. Verm. Gibbs. Song. Rambo. Rosicky. Gerv. Arsh. RVP (C)

Subs: Fabianski. Jenk. Traore. Frimpong. Walcott. Ugly Theo. Champax.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Line-up will probably be:

Szczesny

Sagna Vermaelen Koscielny Gibbs

Ramsey Song

Walcott Rosicky Gervinho

RVP

Rest of the squad is: Almunia, Fabianski, Vela, Mannone, Jenkinson, Djourou, Miyaichi, Squillaci, Traoré, Frimpong, Arshavin, Chamakh, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Subs will probably be Fabianski, Jenkinson, Djourou, Frimpong, Arshavin, Miyaichi, Chamakh.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 03:37 PM
TEAM

Schez. Sagna. Kos. Verm. Gibbs. Song. Rambo. Gerv. Arsh. RVP (C)

We're starting with 10?

Kano
13-08-2011, 03:37 PM
barton def starts

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I'll be relying exclusively on the GW match thread for updates.

Should be fun.

Sirjackofwilshere
13-08-2011, 03:41 PM
TEAM

selassie
13-08-2011, 03:41 PM
TEAM

Schez. Sagna. Kos. Verm. Gibbs. Song. Rambo. Gerv. Arsh. RVP (C)

You missed off Rosicky.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 03:47 PM
You missed off Rosicky.

No worries. He is usually rubbish and goes missing in games anyway

WengerISaLizard
13-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Rosicky is not a patch on Nasri or Fabregas

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2011, 03:52 PM
No worries. He is usually rubbish and goes missing in games anyway

He didn't go missing in this fixture last season.

:(

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 03:54 PM
It's Djourou on the bench instead of Traore.

WengerISaLizard
13-08-2011, 03:56 PM
PREMIER LEAGUE FACT: Currently there are no home clubs winning. This could be the first time in PL history that no home club wins on the opening day of the season.

we'll get in the way of that, im sure of it

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 03:58 PM
PREMIER LEAGUE FACT: Currently there are no home clubs winning. This could be the first time in PL history that no home club wins on the opening day of the season.

we'll get in the way of that, im sure of it

:upset:

:Sjow:

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Frimpong, Walcott, Jenkinson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh

Bring on Walcott and AOC on 60 minutes just to really punish them ##

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 04:04 PM
A dual Theo attack :bow:

I predict Barton will get at least one of a red card, goal, assist or a leg-break.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 04:06 PM
and then sign on a free for us.......after a kiss and a cuddle to make up:hug:

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:08 PM
and then sign on a free for us.......after a kiss and a cuddle to make up:hug:

One more post from you about desiring Barton and you'll be out of the MOC.

Sick fuck.

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Arsenal supporters at St James' Park singing anti-Nasri chants, while also singing in favour of Arsene Wenger

Rors
13-08-2011, 04:10 PM
So I either have to endure either TalkSport for this one, or the updates on Fivelive during 606 with Jason Roberts (??!). [The nearest pub showing it is the The Three Horseshoes, and to adapt a common axiom, I would be seen dead in there]

milla
Arsenal supporters at St James' Park singing anti-Nasri chants, while also singing in favour of Arsene Wenger

lol no wonder Wenger has turned senile. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
One more post from you about desiring Barton and you'll be out of the MOC.

Sick fuck.

:p

ideals like mine form the pillars of optimism

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 04:12 PM

and MS calls me a sick fuck........

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Good work, our away fans could play a big role in setting us up for the rest of the season, I think vocal support could really help as we return to the scene of the crime.

Boss
13-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Rosicky's been decent ish in preseason, hope he's back to his form of old and not the garbage we've seen for the last 2 years.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 04:15 PM
So I either have to endure either TalkSport for this one, or the updates on Fivelive during 606 with Jason Roberts (??!). [The nearest pub showing it is the The Three Horseshoes, and to adapt a common axiom, I would be seen dead in there]

That the one in Stirchley? I think there's one there that's a real dive.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:16 PM
BBC trying to make it seem like our away fans are booing Wenger.

Crooks' joy is evident on his fat toad cunt face.

Rors
13-08-2011, 04:16 PM
That the one in Stirchley? I think there's one there that's a real dive.

Yep, that's the one. A bit closer to me is the Grant Arms, but - perhaps wisely - they're not showing the game in there...!

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Who's that team we call the Arsenal, who's that team we all adore..

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Rosicky's been decent ish in preseason, hope he's back to his form of old and not the garbage we've seen for the last 2 years.

He has either been garbage or injured in all his time at Arsenal. Waste of space. I'd rather keep Eboue over him tbh

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Yep, that's the one. A bit closer to me is the Grant Arms, but - perhaps wisely - they're not showing the game in there...!

Yeah, good call.

Young Guns 11
13-08-2011, 04:18 PM
TEAM

What a ridiculously poor bench :doh:

Alias
13-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Are our fans seriously singing in favour of wenger? Fucks sake the board are nver gonna get the message

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:21 PM
finally can get on fantasy football league site.. ermm why does it say RVP Knee injury - 75% chance of playing??

Hes defiantly playing which is strange

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2011, 04:22 PM

It's like we're about to sell two of our best players or something.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Yeah Eboue and Bendtner would have otherwise added some depth.

milla
13-08-2011, 04:23 PM

LOL that is a bad bad subs, only one impact player in Walnut. The rest are rofl. Wenger :rip:

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 04:24 PM

In the same week? A few weeks before the transfer window shuts? Never.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Strange that Darth Vela hasn't pointed out the absence of Squillaci.

We're definitely winning now tbh.

Boss
13-08-2011, 04:25 PM
AOC is a decent enough impact player as well.

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Fantasy football site says I've got 0 points :( when i clearly haven't!

Marc Overmars
Right,

Come on you Gunners!!

Özim
Wenger booed by Arsenal fans on arrival and 47% of fans want him out, great stuff...he deserves it.

Sirjackofwilshere
I'm scared

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Whats is robbie savage doing as a pundit? Is that the best they could get?

GunnerFan4Life
Streams please

Darth Vela
Strange that Darth Vela hasn't pointed out the absence of Squillaci.

We're definitely winning now tbh.

Not until NQ points out the presence of Chamakh on the bench...

McNamara That Ghost...
Yeah Eboue and Bendtner would have otherwise added some depth.

It's like we're about to sell four of our best players or something?

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Streams please
http://nutjob.eu/

milla
13-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm scared

FFS. :banghead:

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 04:30 PM
here we go......I knowing staying on line helps add to my post total but cant keep still......see you guys on the other side

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 04:31 PM
suppose it was always going to be so

1 up front

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm off now.

Arsenal. :bow:

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Good chance for Rosicky.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:37 PM
poor cross from sagna :ilt:

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Quiet opening 15 mins I gather from the lack of posts?

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:51 PM
RVP just wide.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Quiet opening 15 mins I gather from the lack of posts?

A few lose passes, and not really been tested yet, but Gibbs looks bright, passing is short and quick

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Gervinho looks good.. other than that, its the same old tippy tappy shit

The Realist
13-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Gervinho looking promising so far.

I thought Chesney was no1 this season?.... How come he got the 13?

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:54 PM
We're playing well. Just the final ball lacking.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Big punch from Szczesny.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 04:57 PM
We're playing well. Just the final ball lacking.

Similar to last season and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that and...

Özim
13-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Similar to last season and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that and...
What a surprise.....

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Arshavin :doh:

Gervinho had acres of space to run at the keeper.

Syn
13-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Arshavin, you fat, pathetic, useless, russian cunt.

:haha:

The Realist
13-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Song now on a yellow

Syn
13-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Song now on a yellow

:faint:

Master Splinter
Kind of off the line a few seconds ago. More a Krul error.

The Realist
Lol Wenger couldn't find his water bottle

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Corner for NUFC.. they will score now

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Corner for NUFC.. they will score now

Or RVP will clear it.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 05:10 PM
A mate texted me saying how poo Song and Rosicky are. Can this be verified?

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:11 PM
WTF is this shit? Our attack sucks ass! At least make some chances you cunts

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:11 PM
A mate texted me saying how poo Song and Rosicky are. Can this be verified?

Your friend is insulting poo

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:12 PM
As we've seen before, no Fabregas no chances, he was always the key to our creativity.

Marc Overmars
WTF is this shit? Our attack sucks ass! At least make some chances you cunts

No Cesc, no chances.

Whatever you think of him, our team is a billion times worse off in terms of creativity without his ability.

fakeyank
Gervinho needs to learn to shoot!

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Wenger loves signing players who can't shoot, seems to be one the qualities he actively looks for.

Makes them super quality apparently. :coffee:

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:15 PM
No Cesc, no chances.

Whatever you think of him, our team is a billion times worse off in terms of creativity without his ability.
Yup, this has been proven over several years, when he's not played we've often looked devoid of ideas...very worrying.

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Lol Wenger couldn't find his water bottle
It wasn't super quality that's why.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 05:16 PM
No Cesc, no chances.

well no no Cesc but more importantly no Nasri, he's more creative

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Wenger loves signing players who can't shoot, seems to be one the qualities he actively looks for.

Makes them super quality apparently. :coffee:

Looks like we got a faster black hleb

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Rvp u cunt

Master Splinter
RVP :doh:

Özim
Cesc was the main creator though, whenever he was missing we looked half the side.

Nasri only really performed for part of last season, but yeah he's a loss too, this is our team from now on though, we can forget about those two, they're pretty much history now.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 05:18 PM

Lucky he's not a stiriker then

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Cesc was the main creator though, whenever he was missing we looked half the side.

Nasri only really performed for part of last season, but yeah he's a loss too, this is our team from now on though, we can forget about those two, they're pretty much history now.

Do not worry. Once the waiting period is over, we will sign super super quality to replace them

The Realist
Ooosh nice from Arshavin and almost from RVP

On a side-note, Barton looks ridiculous with that hair "style"

Olivier's xmas twist

thats why we miss Wilshere in Midfield he will be out new creator, but we do need a playmaker that much is sure.

Özim
Do not worry. Once the waiting period is over, we will sign super super quality to replace them
Oh yeah sorry I forgot. Must learn to be more patient.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Nasri had 1 assist last season.

fakeyank
Lucky he's not a stiriker then

Also lucky to be playing for a manager like AW who will encourage that sort of shit

Özim
thats why we miss Wilshere in Midfield he will be out new creator, but we do need a playmaker that much is sure.
Yeah but Wilshere is still finding his feet, he's going to be inconsistent at this stage of his career, he's not going to replace Cesc's creativity.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:21 PM

:pal:

Özim
Yeah but it was an important one!

The Realist
Gervinho with pink boots. Speaking to Bendtner?

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 05:22 PM
very much finding our feet

Gerbil looks good, looks like Wenger has already coached the shooting instinct out of him tho

2nd half time to bring on Walcott

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:22 PM
On the plus side, we haven't scored 4 this time so we won't be giving away a 4 goal lead...every cloud has a silver lining:trophy:

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Time to get Arshavin in the middle and take out Song or Rosicky. Stick Theo on the wings. Rosicky is a quicker Denilson

Darth Vela
Decent first half, looked solid at the back and moved the ball around a little quicker than last season, just not quite got the final ball there yet but optimistic we can get a break in the second half.

Olivier's xmas twist
Also lucky to be playing for a manager like AW who will encourage that sort of shit

can sew what you mean he'll play the AW way where is pass pass all past skills left at the door.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 05:24 PM
or seeing that NQ is not around......time to bring Champax on

gunnerrrrr
fuck me is anyone going to fucking shot ffs....RVP looks like dogshit this half

Master Splinter
Good half. Final ball from RVP/Arshavin/Gervinho has been poor. Simple balls they'd usually make with their eyes closed.

Newcastle have barely threatened.

gunsofashburtongrove
The midfield hasn't made a defensive mistake as yet, well that is a positive :-(. Save one scooped pass from Arshavin and quick legged control from Gerveniho, not attacking flair at all.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Time to get Arshavin in the middle and take out Song or Rosicky. Stick Theo on the wings. Rosicky is a quicker Denilson

Nah Denlison was just lazy and never wanted to run, but i agree with yur post

The Realist
13-08-2011, 05:25 PM
terrible match so far

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Good half. Final ball from RVP/Arshavin/Gervinho has been poor. Simple balls they'd usually make with their eyes closed.

ahhh....that explains why SCzhhshky looks so commanding!

Joker
RVP has been seriously dreadful. We can't rely on him the whole season, especially as he's likely to get injured for long spells of the season or when he's available, go missing in important matches and only contribute +1s against shite teams.

At the moment, our only other striking options are Chamakh and potentially Walcott and Chamberlain. That is nowhere near enough.

The Realist

Incredibly slow tempo and nothing coming from the midfield. Gervinho is at least direct, although final ball has been poor at least he's creating space.

4-3-3
13-08-2011, 05:28 PM
good 1.half.
strong back 4.
ramsey go missing a bit.

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:29 PM
RVP has been seriously dreadful. We can't rely on him the whole season, especially as he's likely to get injured for long spells of the season or when he's available, go missing in important matches and only contribute +1s against shite teams.

At the moment, our only other striking options are Chamakh and potentially Walcott and Chamberlain. That is nowhere near enough.
RVP always take at least half a dozen games to get sharp, as you say he will also get injured for sure, so yeah we should have signed a proven striker.

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Chez, gerbil and the defence look good so far. Arshy looks skinnier and sharper compared to alot of games last season!

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Incredibly slow tempo and nothing coming from the midfield. Gervinho is at least direct, although final ball has been poor at least he's creating space.
According to others, we've been quicker than last season.

Which one is it?

Joker
RVP always take at least half a dozen games to get sharp, as you say he will also get injured for sure, so yeah we should have signed a proven striker.

Exactly, we definitely need another striker, but Wenger's more likely to rely on turds like Chamakh.

Darth Vela

Compared to last season we're passing the ball around like lightning, we're creating half-chances and Newcastle will tire as the game wears on so it's only a matter of time until we create a few proper chances, whether we take them or not is another matter...

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 05:31 PM
barton looks crap......who says we should pick him up?:unsure:

hope that helps my reapplication to MOC

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Newcastle will score from a corner early in the 2nd half.. we will dilly dally around their box all day and if we are lucky score an equalizer around the 80th minute. We will push for a winner but 'final ball will be missing'

Wenger will say that the spirit was good and that we were the better team, only 'final ball was missing'. Regarding new signings, we have nothing new and we will only sign super quality. Switch off your TV because thats whats going to happen!

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 05:33 PM
barton looks crap......who says we should pick him up?:unsure:

hope that helps my reapplication to MOC

:lol: Wouldn't harm it.

We've defended well so you can't blame Barton too much though, Newcastle simply can't get going.

Joker
13-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Newcastle will score from a corner early in the 2nd half.. we will dilly dally around their box all day and if we are lucky score an equalizer around the 80th minute. We will push for a winner but 'final ball will be missing'

Wenger will say that the spirit was good and that we were the better team, only 'final ball was missing'. Regarding new signings, we have nothing new and we will only sign super quality. Switch off your TV because thats whats going to happen!

You know this is going to be a seriously frustrating half, with us playing tippy tappy shit in and around the box, and then get caught by a suckerpunch right at the end, contriving to lose 1-0 in a game where the opposition have barely 30% possession.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 05:34 PM
will switch my TV off when Cesc finally arrives in Barca and then starts his drivel about how he loves Arsenal.......blah balah

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 05:35 PM

:(

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 05:35 PM
45 minutes of infuriating carelessness and negativity in the final third of the pitch. It's unbelievable how these so-called talented players can't make a single useful pass once they get anywhere near the opposition goal.

Sagna has been appalling, he's had a whole summer to figure out how to kick a ball but no progress whatsoever, if anything he's worse than last year. There's more to being a full back these days than being able to defend and this guy had better pick his game up or he;s going to cost us just as badly as he did last year. Shocking performance.

Looks like we may have another Walcott in Gervinho. He's positive, tries hard but he can't pass and he doesn't make the right choices in the danger areas. Three times I've seen him now and three times I've thought, here we go again. There's time for him yet of course so let's hope for the best.

Now we can graphically see why Fabregas and Nasri leaving will be a blow. Some have been saying Ramsey is playing well, I don't think so. He's doing nothing positive, providing no penetration and he's careless with his passing. He needs to sort his shit out. But Wenger must sign a quality playmaker as soon as possible. Jack's not the answer, he won't make enough goals for us.

Koscielny looks like an accident waiting to happen, he's looks like he's always on the very of doing something horrendous. So far he's just about holding his shit together but it's nail biting every time he gets the ball. Chesney's had a good game though and he's looked a lot better with his distribution. Which is more than can be said of Gibb's and TV's hoofing, WTF? RvP isolated, Arshavin not doing enough, Rosicky busy doing nothing, it's all depressingly familiar. And this is a poor Newcastle.

Still expect RvP to grab a goal in the second half and that might be enough, Koscielny willing. Dull, like watching paint dry. No power, no pace and is Song the stupidest player we've had at the club? Bless him he tries but he's thick as a plank, Barton will probably trick him off the pitch before the end.

Bring Walcott on for Rosicky, stick Arshavin in behind RvP, see if they can make something (anything) happen.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Yeh, the striking issue is less of a problem when you've got the attacking mids to contribute the goals but without Cesc and potentially Nasri, whether their standard roles can be fulfilled by current team members or not, there's nothing to suggest said members can contribute the extra goals we require from them. Especially in the Cesc role behind the striker, Ramsey is just too anonymous in most games to really deliver, still early days and it's a bit unfair to judge like that, but we really need to go into the season feeling at least somewhat prepared.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 05:38 PM

No he hasn't, get real. He can't do it all on his own, he needs more quality from the players around him. He's had a couple of good touches and (all joking aside) looks like he lacks a little bit of sharpness which will come back in a couple of games. He's the most likely to change the game with one hit.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Gibbs booked for getting the ball.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Gervinho is clueless when he has the ball.. AW surely knows how to find them! :lol:

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Ryan Taylor :lol:

GP
13-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Any good streams?

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Gervinho :haha:

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Tomas Rosicky - Midfield Enforcer

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Gervinho is clueless when he has the ball.. AW surely knows how to find them! :lol:
Give the muppet some credit, he's consistent.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Sagna out for season

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:46 PM
RVP hitting row Z

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 05:47 PM
RVP just over.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Anybody else just shouting at Gervinho to shoot

fakeyank
Make some changes Arsene.. This is pathetic!

Darth Vela
Give the muppet some credit, he's consistent.

Plus it IS his first Prem match.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Oh just fuck off with your negativity, cunt if you know were going to loose why you still watching

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Anybody else just shouting at black Hleb to shoot

Yes

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Plus it IS his first Prem match.
Nonsense, Wenger has managed many times in the PL.

GP
13-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh just fuck off with your negativity, cunt if you know were going to loose why you still watching

:lol: Good post

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Its like having a retarded child.. you are frustrated with it but cant abandon it. You think someday by miracle, your child is going to be cured/healed. Besides I am not being negative, I am just stating what I am watching unless you are watching a rerun of 2004 season somewhere!

GP
13-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Barton :haha:

Özim
13-08-2011, 05:52 PM
well its his first prem game you idiot
I was talking about Wenger you plank.

The Realist
Wenger needs to throw on a striker. This is painful.

Young Guns 11
Barton :haha:

For getting stamped on? :unsure:

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Well done song

Master Splinter
Song stamped on Barton :bow:.

He'll be banned for three games but still :bow:.

Japan Shaking All Over
crafty or very stupid......Song you choose

GP
13-08-2011, 05:54 PM
For getting stamped on? :unsure:

Yes.

It's funny when Barton gets stamped on.

Darth Vela
Song :bow:

Also, awesome play by Kozza, Ameobi pushes him away but he still gets the ball.

Japan Shaking All Over
cant have him injurying potentila signings

The Realist
Song, what a GHEL.

Olivier's xmas twist

Brave when your on a yellow card id say

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Walcott has brought on some urgency

GP
13-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Oooh, that was really good play

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Sagna :lol:

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Sagna :haha:

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Gervinho :doh:

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Sounds like a bit of a damp squib then.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Sounds like a bit of a damp squib then.

Just damp, there's no squib.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Worrying thing about this is that its largely our starting XI apart Wilshere.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Gervinho :haha:

KSE Comedy Club
Fuck me this is boring.

Marc Overmars

Seeing as it's Song who is one dopey cunt, very stupid probably.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Worrying thing about this is that its largely our starting XI apart Wilshere.

This is what happens when you don't gel the team in pre season training. The team don't look ready

Harland
13-08-2011, 06:06 PM
there was a chant of 'spend some fuckking money'.

Was that by the Arsenal fans?

The Realist
13-08-2011, 06:07 PM
"Spend some fucking money" which I presume is from our fans ringing out.

Marc Overmars
I fear the stock criticism of Arsenal this season may be the lack of creativity.

GP
the fuck?

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Yay Red for Gervinho!

Japan Shaking All Over
forget everything I have said about that cunt he can fucking die

GP
oh fuck off

Barton caused all that

Master Splinter
Wtf?

Özim
Arsenal fans (even at matches not happy), they booed Wenger on the way in....now a chanting about spending money...at lat some fans willing to tell it how it is and rebel.

Good on them.

Marc Overmars
Gervinho sent off.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 06:09 PM
OH Dear