PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

The Wengerbabies
22-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Bolton boss Owen Coyle has suggested that he is willing to negotiate a transfer for England international Gary Cahill who has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks.

Cahill has been heavily linked with a move to Arsenal in the summer who are dire need of a central defender.

It had been expected that Coyle would fight hard to keep his star defender but the Scot has suggested that he is willing to negotiate his transfer provided the club receives a significant fee.

When questioned on the hard task of keeping Cahill this summer he told Sky Sports: “It’s not a task as such because if somebody comes in and its good business for the football club then it’s something we have to look at.”

Coyle revealed that it would not be fair to keep a player against his will at a club and as long as he has replacements lined up then any player can be free to leave for the right money.

He added: “Wherever I’ve been I’ve never worried about that because if somebody comes in and it’s the right fee or its good business. Ultimately you have to be fair with the player as well.

“What I do know if that is the case then we have to make sure that we’ve got targets lined up that can come in, replace whoever it is and look to take the club on and improve it.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/22/2498788/bolton-boss-owen-coyle-prepared-to-sell-reported-arsenal

Titi14
22-05-2011, 11:20 PM
An Arsenal fans favourite thread and time of year!

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2011, 11:24 PM
I'd be surprised if it was us.

Kaiser
22-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Carl Jenkinson to replace Clichy?
Alvarez possibly in too to add to our stable of playmakers on the wing.
Maybe a striker?
Man City will probably sign Gary Cahill for £17m and stockpile him among all their central defenders, just because they can. If they're in for him, we have no chance (they did spend £18m on De Jong, when he was available for £1.8m 6 months later).

Marc Overmars
22-05-2011, 11:29 PM
No chance we're signing a centre back unless Squid is sold and then I doubt it would be someone high profile like Cahill.

The Wengerbabies
22-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Another summer another Buffon link

Roma have not lined up a deal to land Gianluigi Buffon in the summer.

The future of the Italian international goalkeeper has been of some speculation of late, yet most reports have linked him with a move to England.

Both Arsenal and Manchester United are keen to land a new number one when the window reopens, and they would love to take the 33-year-old.

Latest reports, though, claim the Giallorossi are in pole position to sign Buffon, but the agent of the Juventus star has rubbished claims a deal is on the cards.

“The rumours are absolutely false. In terms of Gigi to Roma we had no contact,” Silvano Martina, who is a close friend of Roma’s sporting director Walter Sabatini, told Romanews.

Get all the latest news on your club. Visit 360 Football, the best football news aggregator on the web!

http://www.fansfc.com/story/32424.html

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2011, 11:48 PM
We should have signed Cahill in January, story was he was available at £12m but Wenger was still doing his TV will be back routine. The deal for Parker should already be in the bag, wtf are they waiting for? The last match ended hours ago, just pay whatever the asking price is and be done with it. Looks like Denilson is gone, so that's a massive plus.

Cesc is gone too so we'll have to rely on Wilshere and Ramsey to hold down that spot between them, it'll be good to have Parker sitting in behind them. I'm just a bit nervous we haven't signed him yet though. The most obvious signing in the history of all football, West Ham relegated, Arsenal need a player who gives a fuck, done deal. Or it should be.

Then either Samba or Jagielka, sell Squillaci, keep Kos as 5th choice, JD as 4th, TV as 3rd. That would be solid enough. We could also do with replacing both our fullbacks, they give us less than zero overall, Sagna is an average defender but less than useless going forward, Clichy is just useless, Gibbs is going backwards. Any old pair of FBs from the PL would be a big improvement.

Brad Friedel would do me for a GK, he's available and a good pro. Or go back for Schwarzer.

Then we need a proper professional up front to work with RvP. We'd have a spine then, in more ways than one.

Wenger out, obviously, and anyone with a bit of PL experience in to steady the ship. Someone who understands what defending is so our new signings wouldn't be completely wasted. Make it a short term signing so we can look around for the longer term replacement.

So we'll be raiding the lower French leagues again I suppose.

Titi14
22-05-2011, 11:52 PM
There's gold in them there French leagues

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 02:04 AM
... The deal for Parker should already be in the bag, wtf are they waiting for? The last match ended hours ago, just pay whatever the asking price is and be done with it. ...

... it'll be good to have Parker sitting in behind them. I'm just a bit nervous we haven't signed him yet though. The most obvious signing in the history of all football, West Ham relegated, Arsenal need a player who gives a fuck, done deal. Or it should be.

I have cut out the extraneous stuff to clarify things a bit.

Can someone please provide a proper explanation why it is a good idea to buy one 30-year-old journeyman player who has played for 5 teams in the last 14 years, got 5 national caps, played a grand total of 17 games in European competitions, and whose team has just been relegated; yet is not a good idea to buy another 30-year-old journeyman player who with his 6th team in 14 years, got 21 national caps and played 50 European games with 5 goals?

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 02:19 AM
I had to post the following headline: Wenger refuses to spend big despite faltering finish from the News Now site. What struck me was how this "negative" headline was created from a pretty sensible statement by Wenger. His actual comment was "We cannot buy players for £50m and, even if we try to strengthen our team and spend money if needed, that is fact. We will try to do the right thing and buy the right players." The way I read that is the club will buy players but they cannot afford to buy players in the region of Ronaldo, Torres and Kaka.

Realistically, how many people believe that Arsenal should buy players at that price?

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 02:29 AM
I have cut out the extraneous stuff to clarify things a bit.

Can someone please provide a proper explanation why it is a good idea to buy one 30-year-old journeyman player who has played for 5 teams in the last 14 years, got 5 national caps, played a grand total of 17 games in European competitions, and whose team has just been relegated; yet is not a good idea to buy another 30-year-old journeyman player who with his 6th team in 14 years, got 21 national caps and played 50 European games with 5 goals?

Yeah, Parker's a good player and a comitted pro, and Squillaci (is that who you are talking about) is a pile of shit. That simple really. Our team lacks desire, professionalism, a winning mentality, leadership, committment to the cause, Parker brings all these things. We used to have players like Parker, the Petits, Vierias, now we have nobody with these essential attributes - at least nobody who has the experience to go along with it or can produce more than 20-25 appearnaces in a season. Note I also said we had to get rid of Wenger or there's no point bringing in anyone at all. Bringing in winners to be lead by a loser would be a waste of time. So absolutely, Wenger and all the shit he's brought into the club needs to go and proper players and a proper manager need to come in. It's a pretty obvious fix really.

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 02:34 AM
I had to post the following headline: Wenger refuses to spend big despite faltering finish from the News Now site. What struck me was how this "negative" headline was created from a pretty sensible statement by Wenger. His actual comment was "We cannot buy players for £50m and, even if we try to strengthen our team and spend money if needed, that is fact. We will try to do the right thing and buy the right players." The way I read that is the club will buy players but they cannot afford to buy players in the region of Ronaldo, Torres and Kaka.

Realistically, how many people believe that Arsenal should buy players at that price?

Wenger is being typically disingenuous. Nobody is asking him to buy £50mill players, we all know that's an impossibility given the lack of ambition in the boardroom and the manager's office. But it wouldn't have cost £50mill to bring in a decent CB, or a half decent striker. We ended up paying something like £13mill for Kos, Squill and Chamkah and then their wages on top. So we can afford to throw £13mill down the darin but we can't afford to spend an extra £2mill getting a player like Alonso, or a miserable £1mill extra for a keeper,or £13-14mill on a decent DB - half of what Utd spend. It doesn't make sense, Wenger is just full of shit and making stupid excuses that don't mesure up to the realities - again.

Sirjackofwilshere
23-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Rumours that Clichy is in talks with Inter

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 02:43 AM
There is a reason why Parker has played most of his career for teams like Norwich, Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham. He managed a grand total of 15 games for Chelsea. Yes, he has played well this season but how much of that has been because he has been playing for a team that was 7 points adrift of safety, lost 50% of its games and conceded 70 goals. As for the winning mentality: In the last 10 seasons, Parker has been involved in 3 seasons where the team has had more wins than loses.

Sorry, while agree that Arsenal need new players, Scott Parker would not be my choice.

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Rumours that Clichy is in talks with Inter

A couple of years back that would have bothered me. Now I look at these losers and just laugh as they scuttle for the exit. They take the money, deliver nothing in return and then moan about wanting to go somehwhere else to win trophies. Funny, I thought that's what they were supposed to be doing here. What makesthem think they'll be any better at it elsewhere, or are they hoping to get carried again?

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 02:52 AM
There is a reason why Parker has played most of his career for teams like Norwich, Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham. He managed a grand total of 15 games for Chelsea. Yes, he has played well this season but how much of that has been because he has been playing for a team that was 7 points adrift of safety, lost 50% of its games and conceded 70 goals. As for the winning mentality: In the last 10 seasons, Parker has been involved in 3 seasons where the team has had more wins than loses.

Sorry, while agree that Arsenal need new players, Scott Parker would not be my choice.

That's fine, we all have an opinion. But Parker has attracted more opinions than most, particularly from his peers. From where I'm standing he looks like the perfect choice to add some steel to our pansy outfit. Plus his circumstances are ideal, already based in London and too good to go down. It would be an easy deal, something that could be wrapped up quickly rather than dragged out all summer. We've seen what we get when we bring in these European and South American "wonder kids", nothing much. We're still lamenting the lack of leadership on the pitch and allowing sensitive little darlings time to "settle in" and get used to the food and weather while we suffer the consequences as a club. Parker carries none of that baggage and could get straight down to action. Certainly works for me. Plus it's about time we stopped lying to ourselves about how "cultured" we are as a team. Half our players can;t even pass the ball 5 yards any more, not consistently anyway. Frankly we're greatly over-rated and living on past glories. It could be argued that Scott Parker is too good for us and has better options.

danisinkz
23-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Unfortunately Wenger wont be buying anyone this summer due to the new Goonersweb Forum. Apparently it's so good it's "like a new signing" ;)

Dentonboy
23-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Just need someone...or four...

Unai Tea
23-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Another mediocre rat is prepared to leave the ship!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6946397,00.html

With Bendtner and Denilson gone, that would make this one of our best transfer seasons in recent memory. If we can fool someone into paying £10-15m for the both of them, we could consider buying a half decent player but then reconsider because the market, in which we sold Denilson and Bendtner at inflated prices, is in fact inflated.

Unai Tea
23-05-2011, 07:58 AM
I agree on Parker. He's getting up in age a bit and may not necessarily have the supreme technical abilities of a Fabregas or Nasri, but we need less of that now and more commitment and leadership. That's what is lacking the most. This team likes to talk commitment and leadership but that talk dissipates on the pitch. They try hard and do reasonably well when things are going fine, but leadership and commitment come to the fore when things don't go your way and things aren't easy.

So yeah, buy Parker. He'd cost less than what we'd get for Denilson and Bendtner but would do a great deal more to make us succesful on the pitch.

Özim
23-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Come on, we all know Wenger's way by now...we're not asking for players that cost huge fortunes just quality players in position we need to strengthen.

Wenger's words are easy to translate, he's basically looking to get players on the cheap (he won't pay market value as he seems to think it's too much), that's why he turns to nobodies from the French league or kids......I'm sorry to say it but he's as cheap as they come. Whilst I'm at it, the nonsense of buying players that are better that what we have is precisely that because in the last 6 years he's rarely managed it.

Kaiser
23-05-2011, 08:44 AM
How uncomfortable does Wenger look here? Tries all the usual excuses, excellent questioning by the BBC man: http://t.co/o92ECLi

Unai Tea
23-05-2011, 08:47 AM
How uncomfortable does Wenger look here? Tries all the usual excuses, excellent questioning by the BBC man: http://t.co/o92ECLi

I count 36 gallic shrugs. Not good.

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2011, 08:59 AM
tbf, it sounds like he has already started his transfer business.

Intruiging.

budesonide
23-05-2011, 09:06 AM
an arrogant man, isn't he?

cheesy bites
23-05-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm so so happy all the spineless cowards are wanting to leave.

LDG
23-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Who's said they want to leave thus far?? Denilson...

Sorry. Really not up to date with it all. Been that embarassed with this lot.

Dentonboy
23-05-2011, 09:36 AM
So who do we think is leaving?

I would guess (if buyers can be found):

Bendtner - £16m
Almunia - £1m
Denilson - £7m
Rosicky - £2m
Vela - £5m
Clichy - £12m

Which would put the 'transfer warchest' at about £73m. If you factor in the £35m figure mentioned on Twitter.

And of course there is the Fabregas saga (£35m+), Nasri contract stalling (£20m+) and Arshavin wavering (£10m+) to think of too.

Plus you could argue that Squillaci (£3m), Diaby (£6m) and Chamakh (£8m) may also be sold if someone came along with a suitable offer, which could in theory give Arsene up to £100m to spend on transfers and wages and of course, new contracts...

That is a lot of money and it could well be a very un-Arsenal like summer of a few out and a few ins.

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Just need someone...or four...

Your twitter address isn't that, surely?

Dentonboy
23-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Just changed my address in my sig...ta!

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 09:57 AM
:tiphat:

IBK
23-05-2011, 09:59 AM

How I hate this nonsense that Wenger spouts. Noone is asking for him to buy a £50M player, and he knows it. Its just smoke and mirrors the whole frigging time with this guy.

LDG
23-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, he needs to make at least one mega big signing to add to the unknowns. He ain't hoodwinking anyone with his bullshit this time.

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2011, 10:48 AM
So who do we think is leaving?

I would guess (if buyers can be found):

Bendtner - £16m
Almunia - £1m
Denilson - £7m
Rosicky - £2m
Vela - £5m
Clichy - £12m

Which would put the 'transfer warchest' at about £73m. If you factor in the £35m figure mentioned on Twitter.

And of course there is the Fabregas saga (£35m+), Nasri contract stalling (£20m+) and Arshavin wavering (£10m+) to think of too.

Plus you could argue that Squillaci (£3m), Diaby (£6m) and Chamakh (£8m) may also be sold if someone came along with a suitable offer, which could in theory give Arsene up to £100m to spend on transfers and wages and of course, new contracts...

That is a lot of money and it could well be a very un-Arsenal like summer of a few out and a few ins.

£16m for bendtner?

:haha:

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 11:57 AM
£16m for bendtner?

Well, if someone is willing to pay £35 million for Andy Carroll, then there might be another club willing to pay £16 million fro Bendtner. But it is wildly optimistic.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, he needs to make at least one mega big signing to add to the unknowns. He ain't hoodwinking anyone with his bullshit this time.

Yep very true his bs won't be overlooked this time

Olivier's xmas twist
23-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Jay Bothroyd leaves Cardiff on a bosman its on the yellow in ssn.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, if someone is willing to pay £35 million for Andy Carroll, then there might be another club willing to pay £16 million fro Bendtner. But it is wildly optimistic.
I still can't quite believe it myself.

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 12:07 PM

Sorry to re-open the wound, NTB.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 12:54 PM

Different circumstances though tbf. Newcastle knew Liverpool were getting big bucks for Torres so they milked it.

I think we could get 10m for Bendtner though, comfortably.

Boss
23-05-2011, 01:10 PM

Will look a bargain in 2-3 years.

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Will look a bargain in 2-3 years.

Or he will be found in the bargain basement section.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry to re-open the wound, NTB.

More of a dull ache.

He's Kenny's project so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd rather spend over the odds than settle for the countless mid-priced crap we've bought over the years.

Titi14
23-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Different circumstances though tbf. Newcastle knew Liverpool were getting big bucks for Torres so they milked it.

I think we could get 10m for Bendtner though, comfortably.

Yeah should do because he is a good striker (if trying) and I'm sure whoever buys him would actually play him in the right position and not shoved out on the right

Dentonboy
23-05-2011, 02:10 PM
£16m isn't wildly optimistic. I think a team would have to come up with an attractive offer for Arsenal to consider it. Bendtner is a proven internatonal goalscorer, proven goalscorer in one of the most competative leagues in the world and in the Champions League too.

If Adebayor is worth £25m, Carroll worth £35m, Gomez worth €30m and Dzeko worth £32m, then Bendtner is easily worth between £10-20m. Note all worths should be in inverted commas...

Kaiser
23-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Apparently €10m is the price we've put on Bendtner. Fucking ridiculous. He's a bargain at that price, if you don't play him as a winger, that is. Scored goals in the EPL as third choice, in the CL and has World Cup experience at the age of 23. Sure, he's got a didgy first touch and he's an egotistical bellend but we could get a lot more than €10m ffs.

Titi14
23-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Apparently €10m is the price we've put on Bendtner. Fucking ridiculous. He's a bargain at that price, if you don't play him as a winger, that is. Scored goals in the EPL as third choice, in the CL and has World Cup experience at the age of 23. Sure, he's got a didgy first touch and he's an egotistical bellend but we could get a lot more than €10m ffs.

Indeed but maybe Wenger's really lost it and really does think he's a winger

Boss
23-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has revealed that he wants to leave the club and has asked the Rojiblancos to consider offers for him.

Aguero, 22, has been one of Atletico's star performers since moving to the Vicente Calderon from Independiente in 2006 but has now expressed his desire to leave the club after five seasons.

The Argentina frontman spent an hour and a half at the club's stadium on Monday meeting the cub's hierarchy, before leaving without addressing the waiting media.

Aguero, who has scored 74 La Liga goals in five seasons at Atletico, then revealed on Twitter and his official website that that he has asked the club to consider offers.

"I said long ago that when I wanted to go, I would say publicly. And the time has come," Aguero said on his official website. "So I keep my word and here I am. I find it hard to leave Atletico. It hurts and saddens me."

In a lengthy statement on his official website, Aguero revealed that Atletico were aware that he would want to leave in June when he signed his last contract and he insisted he wants to leave the club for sporting not economic reasons.

"I've thought long and hard and I am convinced that I must be true to myself," Aguero said. "I do not think I put a ceiling on the ability to keep learning, to keep growing. After five intense years, this stage for me personally is over and I have to give way to a new one.

"I'm about to turn 23 and I have everything before me. Suffice it to say that this is not an economic issue but strictly a sporting one. So I want to clearly express my appreciation to the club for the efforts they have made for giving me a salary that equates with the largest clubs in the world.

"I want to say also that this decision has been maturing for some time. The issue was discussed and agreed with Atletico last year when I was renewing my contract. I wanted to sign as a way to give back to the club for all the support they have given me. Had I not done so, they might not have received any more for my transfer.

"I received then a promise that the club would not stand in my way if I wanted to leave this summer. Therefore, in line with that commitment and my decision, I have asked them to listen to any offers they receive for me from different clubs.''

The forward also praised Atletico's supporters, adding: "For the fans, my eternal gratitude. I'm not trying to be original or say the politically correct. I'd rather say what I feel, beyond all other considerations because I know that the only way they will understand is if I do from my heart. That was the way I felt when I have talked all these years, with sincere love and affection. You are already part of my identity."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/922916/sergio-aguero-asks-to-leave-atletico-madrid?cc=4716

Won't be us obviously but will be interesting to see where he goes and for how much he goes for.

If Citeh are in for him, they could have a very potent attacking lineup next year.

Arseniger
24-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Parker is over rated. he was in Chelsea and couldn't get a game. he was one a king in the city of blind players (west ham).As arsenal we can do better with other players than a Parker. I will take Obi, Cattermole, Y'Mvila, Bender of PSG over Parker anyway. The media just want us to sign British, and if I were Wenger will sign Hangerland, Samba over Cahil or Jagielka. The only problem will be the referees that were bent on relegating Arsenal FC due to lack of English players.

Kaiser
24-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Boss, Aguero wants to move to Real, Maradona has apparently advised him that this is the move to make and he is also Mourinho's No.1 target, which is strange, given how he likes big powerful strikers like Adebayor, Drogba and Milito (and even possibly McCarthy or Derlei from what I remember). Maybe that could free Benzema or Higuain to leave?

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Parker is over rated.

He'll fit right in then. We have the largest collection of over-rated players in the league.

Bergkampwonderland10
24-05-2011, 12:32 PM
We should have signed Cahill in January, story was he was available at £12m but Wenger was still doing his TV will be back routine. The deal for Parker should already be in the bag, wtf are they waiting for? The last match ended hours ago, just pay whatever the asking price is and be done with it. Looks like Denilson is gone, so that's a massive plus.

Cesc is gone too so we'll have to rely on Wilshere and Ramsey to hold down that spot between them, it'll be good to have Parker sitting in behind them. I'm just a bit nervous we haven't signed him yet though. The most obvious signing in the history of all football, West Ham relegated, Arsenal need a player who gives a fuck, done deal. Or it should be.

Then either Samba or Jagielka, sell Squillaci, keep Kos as 5th choice, JD as 4th, TV as 3rd. That would be solid enough. We could also do with replacing both our fullbacks, they give us less than zero overall, Sagna is an average defender but less than useless going forward, Clichy is just useless, Gibbs is going backwards. Any old pair of FBs from the PL would be a big improvement.

Brad Friedel would do me for a GK, he's available and a good pro. Or go back for Schwarzer.

Then we need a proper professional up front to work with RvP. We'd have a spine then, in more ways than one.

Wenger out, obviously, and anyone with a bit of PL experience in to steady the ship. Someone who understands what defending is so our new signings wouldn't be completely wasted. Make it a short term signing so we can look around for the longer term replacement.

Sagna? He's been our best defender by far and pretty consistent - only thing he needs to work on is his crossing, but in terms of defending I wouldn't trade him for too many others!

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd rate Sagna as average, which as you say makes him by far our best defender. It wouldn't be hard to replace him with somebody who can do the same sort of solid defensive job but can also help rather than hinder the team going forward. The guy had the whole season to sort out his crossing and he didn't improve by even a percentage point. What makes anyone think he'll ever be able to cross the ball? A good player but with a fatal flaw.

dazthegooner
24-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Yet he still made the premiership 11 so can't be that bad.

KESSLER
24-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Skysports reckon United are interested in Nasri!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6949648,00.html

WTF didn't see that one coming

LDG
24-05-2011, 01:15 PM

And so the summer of misery and speculation begins :(

Toronto Gooner
24-05-2011, 01:16 PM

I remember seeing something about that a month or so ago. They are also after Bale and Modric.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Yet he still made the premiership 11 so can't be that bad.

Didn't say he was bad, just said it wouldn't be difficult to replace him with a more rounded player.

Kaiser
24-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Sergio Canales is likely to move to Villarreal after Mourinho basically stalled his career by not playing him all season and then signing 4857 midifielders this summer. Very talented player, who should flourish at el Madrigal.

danisinkz
24-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey did any of you see this? http://onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=2297

Samba in... Cesc out to Real Madrid .. hmmm

LDG
24-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey did any of you see this? http://onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=2297

Sounds a bit far fetched to me....but who knows in the crazy world of football.

All I know is, 45mil is a good return, and if he is going, that amount is fine.

Can't believe he's off to Real tho. Just wouldn't happen.

selassie
24-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Sounds like nonsense to me, both stories.

Toronto Gooner
24-05-2011, 03:16 PM
I really hate the "I heard this from a friend of my cousin's ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend's baby-sitter" story.

Out of curiosity, who would Fabregas be replacing? Alonso? Ozil? Khederia? Di Maria? Gago?

Bergkampwonderland10
24-05-2011, 03:53 PM

He'll go to Man City - you watch

danisinkz
24-05-2011, 03:54 PM
God knows! I find it interesting how the Online Gooner buys into these stories... Im sure we all know someone that is mates with someone who once felched a board member of Arsenal in return for a bit of info!

Maestro
24-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Secret Insider 7:53am 24th May 2011

"i also have some inside information. arshavin is a KGB agent and played for us as cover in order to spy on english citizens. this is the truth. of course i cant go into detail as i would compromise the identity of my imformant. your just going to take everything i say on my word. of course you dont know me and i cant prove what i say using facts. just assumptions on mystery insiders that may or may not exist." - Post No. 8076

:lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Secret Insider 7:53am 24th May 2011

"i also have some inside information. arshavin is a KGB agent and played for us as cover in order to spy on english citizens. this is the truth. of course i cant go into detail as i would compromise the identity of my imformant. your just going to take everything i say on my word. of course you dont know me and i cant prove what i say using facts. just assumptions on mystery insiders that may or may not exist." - Post No. 8076

:lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, shocking stuff. Explains why he always looks tired, he'd be doing spying shit at night, probably in a catsuit which must look pretty ridiculous given how fat he is.

Titi14
24-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Damn, shocking stuff. Explains why he always looks tired, he'd be doing spying shit at night, probably in a catsuit which must look pretty ridiculous given how fat he is.

I'm also surprised that he managed to stay committed to the cause and put in the effort for more than 70 minutes.

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Downing?

Arsenal Transfer Rumors See Gunners Target Aston Villa's Stewart Downing
Arsenal transfer rumors have been rampant as the month of May has progressed, as the London club has been linked to players at virtually every position on the pitch, from strikers to goalkeepers. Given the disappointing finish to the season, in which the Gunners collapsed in impressive fashion, falling out of an automatic bid to the Champions League in the process, it's clear that significant changes to the side are necessary.
One name that has popped up recently on the radar for Arsene Wenger's club is Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing. The longtime Liverpool target has caught Wenger's interest, and the Daily Mail reports that the Gunners are prepared to make a run for the talented English international (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390171/Aston-Villa-winger-Stewart-Downing-targeted-Arsenal-Liverpool.html).
Must Read: English Premier League: The 21 Biggest Surprises of the Premier League Season (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/709780-english-premier-league-the-21-biggest-surprises-of-the-premier-league-season).
Wenger reportedly sent a senior scout to watch Downing's season finale over the weekend, and was impressed by what he saw. The 26-year-old wing has proven himself a gifted attacking player this season, netting seven goals on the season, while his playmaking skills have helped him to dish out seven assists, as well.
Downing's pace and ball-handling skills would be a perfect fit in Wenger's system, and on a team whose offense sputtered on occasion last year, his offensive gifts could be just what they need to improve next year.
But, Arsenal aren't the only club in the market for Downing's services. Liverpool have had their eye on him for some time now, and have the cash to splash to get the deal done for him.
This one looks like a fight to the finish, as there has been little indication that either side plans to drop off the race to get him. If Downing decides to leave Villa, both Arsenal and Liverpool could benefit from his offensive touch, and he brings enough defense to the table to keep him from being a liability. Look for this one to be anybody's game, although Liverpool's extended interest could prove to be the difference.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/710131-champions-league-latest-transfer-rumours-and-predictions-for-uefa-final/entry/86524-arsenal-transfer-rumors-gunners-set-sights-on-aston-villa-wing-stewart-downing

GP
24-05-2011, 09:48 PM

Good god no!

Titi14
24-05-2011, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't mind Downing but would prefer an Ashley Young, although I'm sure we'd be attracted to a cheaper Downing if this is true which I don't think it is. Didn't realise he is still only 26

Marc Overmars
24-05-2011, 09:50 PM
He's had a good season to be fair and can probably cross a ball better than any of our midfielders.

Having said that I think we might as well pack it in if we begin targeting players like Downing as our route back to the top. I'd go for Ashley Young if we want someone from Villa.

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Some Spanish kid

Long-time Liverpool target Sergio Canales has been linked with a move to Arsenal and Manchester City, according to the Sun.

The Real Madrid midfielder has been out of favour at the La Liga runners-up all season.

And the highly rated 20-year-old is interesting a tiro of Premier League sides, which include Arsenal, Liverpool and City.

As the club have put a winger at the top of their transfer wish list, Liverpool have led the way in the race for Canales for some time.

However, given their decline in the title race and Arsene Wenger's craving to re-energise his Arsenal midfield with Cesc Fabreags' future still uncertain has drawn him to Canales.

City meanwhile has suggested that they won't spend big this summer and will instead bring in squad players as they look to build a roster of players capable of challenging for the title, and Canales at £7 million, would fit their criteria.

Arsenal and City will next season be able to offer Canales Champions League football, however Liverpool, despite their illustrious history in the competition, will have no European football to offer potential signings.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/gunners-and-city-purring-at-liverpools-spanish-sta

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 09:53 PM
He's had a good season to be fair and can probably cross a ball better than any of our midfielders.

Having said that I think we might as well pack it in if we begin targeting players like Downing as our route back to the top. I'd go for Ashley Young if we want someone from Villa.
He'll have crossing coached out of him in favour of 5 metre sideways passes though.

DrizzyCole
24-05-2011, 10:43 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-drops-hint-about-Karim-Benzema-bid-article740434.html

Arsene Wenger has dropped a major hint that he is ready to make a spectacular move for Karim Benzema.
Wenger says a move for Real Madrid's French striker "doesn't seem impossible" even if it would represent a big change in transfer policy for the Arsenal manager.

Benzema, 23, may be available this summer as Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho looks to shake-up his squad to fund a move for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.

Wenger said: "Viewed from the outside, it doesn't seem impossible today. He's a player that I like.
"I think he's intelligent in his movement, I think he is capable of combining well and making a difference, and of doing individual moves as well. So, for me he's a player who's at the top level in the world."

Wenger has insisted he will be active in the transfer window this summer but has already warned he will shy away from "£50m signings" and Arsenal would have to shatter their transfer record and pay around £20m for Benzema.

But that sort of calibre of signing would please the Arsenal fans who are desperate for Wenger to break with his philosophy and spend big. Lorient's French international Kevin Gameiro is also on Wenger's list of potential strikers.

Slacker
24-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Not sure about Benzema. He scores plenty of goals but mainly against poor teams - but is that because he only ever gets the chance in smaller games? Flat track bully? Dunno. Only really ever see him in the CL and he blows hot and cold in that.

This Kevin Gameiro looks like another AW disaster waiting to happen - more likely than Benzema (cheap and unproven at a decent level) and ties in with AW's philosophy of buying slinky midgets as opposed to big bruising GHEL's.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2011, 11:12 PM
No to Gameiro. Never heard of him and he comes fro Lorient where Koscielny came from and hes shite so not a good team to buy from.

Id take Benzema.

Canales is a very talented young kid who wont get much chance at Real ahead of their superstars so swap for him and Cesc with them giving us £40m as well would do me fine

Marc Overmars
24-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I'd have Benzema here, I know he hasn't set the world alight at Madrid but I think if a player is to succeed, he needs to be in the right environment for himself and he's certainly not the first big name to not live up to the hype at Real. A change of scenery would do him good IMO, might bring a new lease of life.

Would we pay over 20m for a player though? Doubt it.

Toronto Gooner
25-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Not sure about Benzema. He scores plenty of goals but mainly against poor teams
But then again it was the losses and draws against the poor teams that let Arsenal down. A player with a proven goal record against poor teams might just the person to have.:)

Cripps_orig
25-05-2011, 12:45 AM
BBC gossip page makes interesting reading

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9495909.stm

Gossip concerning us is Arshavin to Zenit cos hes training there ahead of Russias qualifiers, we and Liverpool are after Gervinho and Mancs are apparently after Nasri

Other main headlines is De Gea is going to Mancs. Quality keeper

fari
25-05-2011, 01:06 AM
gervinho is quality...every lille game i saw this season he and hazard ran riot, we should try to get them in a package deal (wishful thinking i know)

gameiro reminds me of a smaller kevin davies (or perhaps a cross between davies and owen), not afraid to get stuck in but with more finesse and definitely an eye for goal.

ElusiveGooner
25-05-2011, 06:26 AM
ManUre's season hasn't even finished yet and Ferguson has already taken steps to strengthen next season:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/24/manchester-united-david-de-gea

Wenger are you watching! Identify a weakness; identify a solution to the weakness; seal the deal. It really aint that difficult.

Marc Overmars
25-05-2011, 08:06 AM
De Gea does look pretty good tbh. It took Fergie a while to replace Schmichael, will he get it right first time now?

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Inter to bid £15m for Song according to the daily star.

Özim
25-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I'd be happy with Benzema, he's not had a great time at Real but he's got a lot of ability.

Can't see this happening though, we'll probably go and sign a cheap copy of Benzema if we sign a striker, it's been the Wenger way for years.

Özim
25-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Wenger are you watching! Identify a weakness; identify a solution to the weakness; seal the deal. It really aint that difficult.
Yeah problem is we're penny pinchers and thus would rather miss out on a deal that pay a few bob more than we want to pay.

We either go out and sign nobodies noone wants, or if we do go for someone recognisable drag the deal on for months...if anyone else was interested they'd have plenty of time to outbid us and snatch the player from our feeble grasp.

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2011, 08:58 AM
The Sun saying Benzema is rated at £35m.

No chance of that unless Stans putting his hand in his pockets.

irishitaliangooner
25-05-2011, 11:09 AM
I'd have Benzema here, I know he hasn't set the world alight at Madrid but I think if a player is to succeed, he needs to be in the right environment for himself and he's certainly not the first big name to not live up to the hype at Real. A change of scenery would do him good IMO, might bring a new lease of life.

Would we pay over 20m for a player though? Doubt it.

He would probably turn out to be another Baptista, that would be a worry!!!

Toronto Gooner
25-05-2011, 12:13 PM
ManUre's season hasn't even finished yet and Ferguson has already taken steps to strengthen next season:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/24/manchester-united-david-de-gea

Is spending 17 million (plus add ons) for a 20 year old necessarily strengthening? People will point to Hernandez but conveniently forget Bebe. This is a gamble, pure and simple.

Boss
25-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh has made it clear that there is no truth in the rumours linking him with a move to Marseille.

A number of recent reports suggested coach Didier Deschamps had set his sights on the Morocco international, but the player has stated that Bordeaux are his only option if he is to return to France.

"These rumours [about Marseille] are completely false. If I was thinking about leaving Arsenal again for a French club, it would only be to return to Bordeaux," Chamakh was quoted as saying by RMC.

The 27-year-old joined Arsenal from Bordeaux on a Bosman move in the summer of 2010 and after a positive start, soon lost his starting berth and has since been linked with a move away from the Emirates.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/24/2501230/arsenals-marouane-chamakh-dismisses-talk-of-move-to

Come on Bordeaux, make an offer...

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh has made it clear that there is no truth in the rumours linking him with a move to Marseille.

I warned people not to get excited.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Is spending 17 million (plus add ons) for a 20 year old necessarily strengthening? People will point to Hernandez but conveniently forget Bebe. This is a gamble, pure and simple.

Yeah but tbf De Gea will be worth his fee in years to come. Only time will tell if he makes it or fergie has made a mistake but for now seems good though UTD might have wanted the young german instead.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-05-2011, 12:42 PM

tbf he did not say he was not leaving though lol

Marc Overmars
25-05-2011, 12:45 PM
If Bendtner is going I can't see Chakma doing one as well.

AKBapologist
25-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Clichy - 10mill
Bendtner - 10mill
Denilson - 7mill
Alumina - 3mill
Vela - 3mill
Rosicky - 2mill

35mill windfall
:jumpnana:

Marc Overmars
25-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Clichy - 10mill
Bendtner - 10mill
Denilson - 7mill
Alumina - 3mill
Vela - 3mill
Rosicky - 2mill

35mill windfall

That will look briliant on next years annual figures. :dance:

Oh.

AKBapologist
25-05-2011, 01:30 PM
That will look briliant on next years annual figures. :dance:

Oh.
Still, might mean season ticket price rises might not go up again.

Cripps_orig
25-05-2011, 06:14 PM

When that 20 year old is De Gea who is a great keeper already then id say it is. Certainly better than any of our joke trio

The Wengerbabies
25-05-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/14/arsene-wenger-arsenal-transfer Arsène Wenger says keeping star players is Arsenal's transfer priority

• Samir Nasri fails to extend contract which ends next year
• Cesc Fábregas continues to be linked with move away

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2011/5/13/1305315051739/Samir-Nasri-007.jpg Samir Nasri has been linked with leading clubs in Spain after failing to sign a new deal at Arsenal. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian

Arsène Wenger (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/arsene-wenger) has admitted his priority at Arsenal (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/arsenal) in the summer transfer market is to retain his star players, as he continues to face questions over Samir Nasri's intentions, not to mention those of Cesc Fábregas.
There is little doubt that the Arsenal manager's attitude in relation to Nasri, whose contract expires in June 2012, has changed, from a position of relaxed confidence a few months ago to one of curt defensiveness. Arsenal had been expected to announce that the midfielder had agreed fresh terms in February only for nothing to materialise and it was then agreed that further negotiations would be postponed until the end of the season. Nasri's form has tailed off during the period.
If it feels risky, to say the least, for the club to allow one of their key performers to enter the final 12 months of his deal, then it is also ominous to see Nasri linked to the leading clubs in Spain.
"I never speak about the conversations I have with the players," he said, when asked about whether Nasri had given him any assurances that he wanted to re-sign. "I will do everything possible to make him stay."
Wenger said he was hopeful of keeping Nasri but he added that there was no gentleman's agreement in place for that to happen. He confirmed that talks remained on hold until after the club's final game of the season, away to Fulham on Sunday week.
Gaël Clichy is another Arsenal regular with one year to run on his contract who is keeping his options open – Juventus have shown they want to sign him – while Fábregas continues to be linked with a move away, after another trophyless season. Manchester City are the latest club to be credited with a serious interest in him.
"That doesn't worry me," Wenger said. "I haven't heard that, I have not seen that anywhere. If they want to buy a player, the best way is to call me. The first target is not to weaken our team but to strengthen it.
"We are looking to strengthen every year [but] first, we look not to weaken because we want to keep all our players, and then try to strengthen. It's not the number [of new signings], it's the quality. I don't want to give out a number."
The postmortem has already opened on Arsenal's season but Wenger stressed the importance of seeing out the final two matches, starting with Saturday's visit of Aston Villa, to ensure that they finished in third place, at least, to avoid the need to play a qualifying tie to enter the Champions League group phase. They are two points clear of fourth-placed City. "It is ideal not to play an important game in pre-season," he said.
Looking ahead to next season, Wenger predicted another struggle, in which nothing could be guaranteed. "People take it for granted that we are in the top four every year but, believe me, it is hard work," he said. "It is not guaranteed for anyone to be in there – not even Manchester United."
With Laurent Koscielny injured, Thomas Vermaelen is in line to make his first appearance for the club since last August.

Özim
25-05-2011, 08:34 PM
They wouldn't be so stupid as to sign this chump to be fair, not without being paid for doing it at the very least.

Özim
25-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Heard this sh*t before, priority is to keep the squad together :blah:

Basically means what it always does, no decent signings.

AKBapologist
25-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Meanwhile

Glazers give Manchester United's manager green light for summer spree
• Sir Alex Ferguson told to target world's best players
• Owners 'relaxed' about spending large sums on transfers

:cry:

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 10:40 PM
tbf he did not say he was not leaving though lol

That should have gone in the mindless optimism thread tbh. Wenger won't get rid of him, we're stuck with this shit for at least another season. We're stuck with Chamakh too.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 10:42 PM
They wouldn't be so stupid as to sign this chump to be fair, not without being paid for doing it at the very least.

If we only had something we could blackmail them with.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 12:42 AM
ABOVE: Arsene Wenger targeted Scott Parker after West Ham’s relegation Arsene Wenger targeted Scott Parker after West Ham’s relegation
26th May 2011 By David Woods
Your Shout ( 0 )

ARSENAL have pulled out of the running for Scott Parker and now want French league superkid Eden Hazard.

Starsport revealed how Arsene Wenger targeted Parker after West Ham’s relegation.

But the player’s recent injury problems made the Gunners boss back off, particularly as Tottenham and Liverpool’s interest could push the price up.

Instead, he has turned to Lille’s Belgium international Hazard, 20, who is France’s Footballer of the Year following his club’s title success.

He is an attacking midfielder who Lille value at around £30m.

Wenger may also bid for Aston Villa’s England winger Stewart Downing.

He knows fans want to see English talent at the club and they will be upset at him backing off Parker.

Thank fuck for that.

Jens' Face
26-05-2011, 01:20 AM
I've been reading stuff that has been talking as if Hiddink is the most likely candidate to replace Ancelotti at the chavs. That would suck. He had them playing the best football in the world when he was there. As long as there is no massive injury crisis, I think a Hiddink-led Chelsea team is a lock to win the league.

oh and the De Gea news sucks. He's gonna be a great keeper for years and years and years. And unlike Sczajkfsuy, he gets to learn behind Vidic and Ferdinand and on a team that practices set pieces.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Thank fuck for that.

All bad news, a player like Parker was exactly what we needed in our powder puff midfield. Even injured he could have shown our little darlings what it means to show commitment to the cause. And if Hazard is really rated at £30mill then we can forget about him, not that we need another technical midfielder with zero experience of the PL. Stewart Downing. Just LOL. Or cry. Or LOL. Or both. In the end Wenger will do what he always does, plough on with his fantasy trip regardless of the results it produces. French lower leagues and deepest, darkest Peru is where the action's at, Arsene knows!

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Gee has poor saves to shot ratio apparently. Thinks the manc have overspent. Meanwhile...

Manchester City in talks over £20m Cahill deal
Published 23:00 25/05/11 By Alan Nixon - EXCLUSIVE Recommend

Manchester City are closing in on a deal for Bolton’s England centre-half Gary Cahill in a hurry - with Nedum Onuoha a the key part of a £20million move.

Cahill will be sold for the right money and City are discussing the fee, with defender Onuoha now the favourite makeweight in the move.

Onuoha has been on loan at Sunderland for the season, and they are also interested in him, but Bolton chief Owen Coyle is keen to take the player plus cash in exchange for Cahill.

If the clubs can sort out the numbers, Cahill may even be cleared to speak to City this week.

The classy Bolton defender knows he needs the challenge of Europe to boost his bid to become an England regular and City’s strong finish to grab third place - and a ticket straight into the group phase of the Champions League - makes them attractive to him.

City boss Roberto Mancini wants Cahill for a position he plans to strengthen and that will be bad news for Onuoha, whose days at Eastlands are numbered.

Bolton are keen to take Onuoha permanently, but they also want young Belgian Dedryck Boyata to be part of the exchange on loan - Coyle has been tracking him for months.

However, Bolton’s interest in taking Craig Bellamy as part of the swap is waning because the striker wants to go back to Cardiff, where he has spent a season on loan - and they need quick answers on their targets.
Daily mail

I fucking hate city. 20mill plus two player swap...

Elreactor
26-05-2011, 04:07 AM
I've been reading stuff that has been talking as if Hiddink is the most likely candidate to replace Ancelotti at the chavs. That would suck. He had them playing the best football in the world when he was there. As long as there is no massive injury crisis, I think a Hiddink-led Chelsea team is a lock to win the league.

oh and the De Gea news sucks. He's gonna be a great keeper for years and years and years. And unlike Sczajkfsuy, he gets to learn behind Vidic and Ferdinand and on a team that practices set pieces.

I just hope something prevents De Gead from going to mutd. Let´s have faith, maybe the idea of learning from Almunia and Lehmann, plus playing behind Squillaci and Gibbs when our top 2 keepers are injured, lures him to come to the Emirates :)

Seriously where´s Wenger´s talent to spot youngsters? I read those De Gea news and it made me hate Chesapeake, Flapianski and all our gk wannabes :angry:

selassie
26-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Wenger getting his excuses in early re: retaining his players being his priority. If he actually showed some ambition and went and strengthened the team with QUALITY we probably wouldn't face this recurring situation of our stars wanting out.

This summer will be the same as every summer.....

LDG
26-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Getting fucked off with this now. I know we have all summer, but it just seems 99% certain that we'll get the same old shite.

Get on with it Wenger you fucking senile old cunt!

Flavs
26-05-2011, 07:54 AM
The deck clearing has started already

WBA have released Miete, Barnes and Zuiverloon

Wierd really as Miete has played nearly every game unde Woy and i always thought Zuiverloon looked quality, got international caps for Holland as well

Boss
26-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea has reportedly denied that he has agreed to sign for Manchester United - and said that he could yet pen a new contract with his current club.

Manchester United revealed earlier this week that they had moved for De Gea as the replacement for the retiring Edwin van der Sar, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirming that they hoped to formally announce the transfer early next week.

But now the 20-year-old is said to have released at statement through his lawyer to Spanish news agency EFE, insisting that he will make no decision on his future until after the European Under-21 Championships. Spain play England in the group stages of the competition, with the final due to take place at the end of June.

The statement from De Gea, released by lawyer Jose Bouzas Aragon, read: "I hereby deny information that appeared in various media today indicating that David de Gea Quintana, football player of Club Atletico de Madrid, has signed for Manchester United. It is not true that he has been signed.

"De Gea will not consider the contract extension offer from Atletico or any other offer until June 30 when he has finished his commitments with the Under-21 national team.''

Atletico have already denied any deal is in place with the Premier League club with Enrique Cerezo, the Atletico president, telling Spanish radio station Cadena Ser: "We don't know anything. Officially neither Manchester [United] or the player at this moment have informed us of anything.

"He [De Gea] knows very well that he can negotiate [with other clubs] but always that they have to pay his buy-out clause."

It was reported that United had agreed to pay £17 million for De Gea, who was part of the Spain squad which won the 2007 European Under-17 Championship but has yet to win his first full cap being behind both Iker Casillas and Pepe Reina.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/923485/man-united's-deal-for-atletico-madrid's-david-de-gea?cc=4716

Interesting.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 09:21 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/923485/man-united's-deal-for-atletico-madrid's-david-de-gea?cc=4716

Interesting.

meh probabaly a publicty stunt

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 09:32 AM
All bad news, a player like Parker was exactly what we needed in our powder puff midfield. Even injured he could have shown our little darlings what it

exactly, we need him more the spuds or pool who don't even need him.

when does the transfer window open please, thanks in advance:)

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 09:43 AM
@amarjourno Radamel Falcao's agent has told us that both #Arsenal & #Tottenham have made offers for the £26 million striker ..full story coming up.

LDG
26-05-2011, 09:44 AM
@amarjourno Radamel Falcao's agent has told us that both #Arsenal & #Tottenham have made offers for the £26 million striker ..full story coming up.

Interesting.

I want Benzema though. Think the lad would work perfect for us.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 09:46 AM
@SkyGraemeBailey
As expected Barcelona starlet Hector Bellerin has agreed to follow Jon Toral to Arsenal, rejecting a host of other Premier League clubs #afc

Good news if true, very talented RB.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Who does Falcao play for?

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Who does Falcao play for?
Porto, just decided not to renew his contract. Scored 39 goals in the league and Europe.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Impressive. Never heard of him but already better than our current strikers.

Sign him up

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Twitter :bow:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6952911,00.html

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I have a feeling gervinhos in the bag too...
18 goals and 10 assists for Lille, powerful winger, 10-12m

http://topics.skysports.com/newcastle/?section=football

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Fingers crossed on this one, good player.

Scored the goal that won Porto the europa league. He seems more of a finished article than Benzema.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 10:18 AM
:coffee:

Arsenal and Tottenham have tabled offers for Porto's €30m-rated forward Radamel Falcao, Goal.com can reveal.

The Colombian hitman has enjoyed his most prolific season in European football, helping the Dragons to a treble, and his agent disclosed that the 25-year-old's performances have attracted attention in England.

Claudio Mossio of Sivori and Asociados, the company that represents the striker, told Goal.com: "Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are the two clubs that are keen to sign him, and have already tabled an offer for Falcao."

The striker has a buy-out clause of €30m and has also courted attention from clubs across Serie A. However, due to a lack of EU passport, a move to the peninsula is unlikely to materialise at this stage.

Mossio continued: "The problem with a transfer to Italy is that he does not have a EU passport. He has a contract for two more years with Porto and has a buy-out clause of €30 million. The club that matches that clause has a good chance of signing him."

The Portuguese champions recently tied star forward Hulk to a long-term deal while setting the Brazilian's buy-out fee at €100m, and are still hopeful of doing similar with his strike partner.

"Porto want to open contract talks and offer him a new and improved deal to insert a higher minimum fee release clause," he added.

Mossio added that the chances of a move to Italy would increase if the Italian Football Federation were to allow its clubs to sign an extra player from outside the EU, but conceded that a move to Spain or England is more likely.

"The chances of a move to Italy increase if that would happen. However, the Spanish and English clubs are sitting in pole position. Inter already have [Giampaolo] Pazzini as striker, while Juventus have [Alessandro] Matri. He would be a good addition to Roma," he concluded.

Falcao struck a tournament-record 17 goals in the Europa League in 2010-11 as the Dragons enjoyed a memorable campaign under the tutelage of coach Andre Villas-Boas.

Since joining the club from River Plate in the summer of 2009, the frontman has collected the Portuguese league title, two Portuguese cups, two Supercups and the Europa League.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Get Boas and Falcao

Wenger and Bendtner :wave:

cheesy bites
26-05-2011, 10:29 AM
I would be ecstatic if we signed Falcao, very very happy with Benzema and a little cautious if we got Gervinho.

But we all know none of them will end up here after we offer their clubs £1.75 million, take it or leave it.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Claudio Mossio of Sivori and Asociados, the company that represents the striker, told Goal.com: "Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are the two clubs that are keen to sign him, and have already tabled an offer for Falcao."

Sounds perfect, represented by a company and has no passport. This is exactly the kind of trouble we need to bring in to further exacerbate the problems at the club. Let's get as many players as we can who between them have precisely zero experience of the PL. It's good that we are ignoring the fundamental problems in the team, passion, commitment, experience, none of these things are important. What's most important, above all else, is we continue to import foreigners by the boatload who can play a couple of seasons and then move on.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 10:45 AM
What are your thoughts on chelseas Solomon kalou?

cheesy bites
26-05-2011, 10:46 AM
What are your thoughts on chelseas Solomon kalou?

Fuck no.

Boss
26-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I will jizz on Letters face if we sign up Falcao.

Darth Vela
26-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I like Kalou, he does have a decent turn of pace and can finish, he is blindingly inconsistent as well so he'd fit in perfectly.

Needless to say, Falcao would do nicely plus we get a reason to chant 'Amadeus'.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 11:00 AM
It's on!

Speaking exclusively to Goal.com last year, Falcao's father, Radamel Garcia, confirmed that his son is interested in playing in England and has already started to learn the language.

“All his life he has wanted to play in English football," he said.
“A footballer always wants to go to the best team. It depends on the possibilities. He will listen to the best offer and see what suits him best.

"He also finds the Italian and Spanish leagues attractive. It depends on the club. But he hopes it’s in English football."

He added: "He speaks some English. He’s been learning it for five or six years.

"In Portugal he has English classes every afternoon. He’s preparing for the possibility of going to England.
“He watches English football on TV a lot. He watches all the matches. He likes Wayne Rooney a lot and liked Thierry Henry when he was there."

Özim
26-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Fuck no.
Yeah his finishing is very much hit and miss, more miss to be honest.

He's another one of these players who wastes a lot of good chances.

Darth Vela
26-05-2011, 11:15 AM
liked Thierry Henry when he was there

Get Titi on the phone to him, now.

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Twitter :bow:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6952911,00.html

As if relations with Barca weren't strained enough. :lol:

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 11:40 AM
@DarrenArsenal1 Redknapp 5/6 on to be CFC new manager. big money going on him with Paddy Power. Spurs will be happy with compensation if true..Moyes to THFC

:O

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 11:54 AM
@LiberoFootball Reports in France say Arsenal have opened talks with St-Etienne over midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
St-Etienne boss Christophe Galtier said he would not stand in the way of Matuidi if a Champions League club were to come in for him.

BTW, let me know if you would like less twitter spam in this thread, last thing I would like to do is get everyones hopes up.

IBK
26-05-2011, 12:00 PM
@LiberoFootball Reports in France say Arsenal have opened talks with St-Etienne over midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
St-Etienne boss Christophe Galtier said he would not stand in the way of Matuidi if a Champions League club were to come in for him.

BTW, let me know if you would like less twitter spam in this thread, last thing I would like to do is get everyones hopes up.

Its the transfer bollocks thread - its cool.

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Twitter posts are fine, gives us abit more info tbh.

Our hopes have all but been destroyed by wenger so no worries there.

Elche
26-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Loving the start of our Summer transfer activies..all going completely to script.

3 kids signed or signing to add to the 100's we have,and to compensate for the 100's that will be released.

Project Youth continues unrepentantly.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Interesting.

I want Benzema though. Think the lad would work perfect for us.

who knows we may get both

Boss
26-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Re Matuidi.

If this is wrong Kaiser;...

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2011, 12:23 PM
who knows we may get both

No chance.

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 12:25 PM
We'll be lucky to get one.

Kaiser
26-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Regarding Matuidi, it was Jamie Dalton who originally tweeted it. Sounds sketchy according to him.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Arsenal's Cesc Fábregas 'too expensive' for Milan – Adriano Galliani
• Milan looking to reinforce midfield this summer
• Arsenal understood to value captain at £60m

Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 26 May 2011 13.48 BST
Article history

Cesc Fábregas applauds the fans after Arsenal's final home game of the season. Photograph: Adrian Dennis/AFP/Getty Images
The Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has denied speculation that Arsenal's captain Cesc Fábregas could be playing for the Italian champions next season.

Milan are looking to reinforce their midfield this summer after the departure of Andrea Pirlo to Juventus and the uncertainty surrounding Gennaro Gattuso's future at the club.

"From here until 31 August, Milan will buy a player that will be a left midfielder," Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"[The Napoli winger Marek] Hamsik and Fábregas can play in that role. We have never asked for Hamsik although we don't rule him out and as for Fábregas, he is too expensive."

Arsenal are understood to value Fábregas at £60m, and have him under contract until June 2014.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/26/adriano-galliani-cesc-fabregas-milan?CMP=twt_gu

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 01:42 PM
yeah i know was just being optimistic lol as a gooner fan in the transfer window you have to be lol

IBK
26-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Sounds insane - but I am almost begiing to feel I would be disappointed if Fabregas stays - so disillusioned have I been by his attitude this season, and frustrated by the constant 'is he, isn't he off to Barca' saga.

I've lost my affinity with him, and the last this I want is another last-season Adebayor being paid massive wages and disrupting the team.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Eden Hazard 'lined up as Samir Nasri replacement' at Arsenal
Arsenal are believed to be lining up Lille midfielder Eden Hazard as a replacement for Samir Nasri, who has failed to accept terms on a new contract.
Related Tags:Samir NasriFranceBarcelona

Hazard ahead: Gunners want the young Belgian to replace Nasri (EPA)
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger was interested in Hazard last summer but will have to pay more now as his stock has risen significantly.
There’s also been recent suggestion that the Belgian international will be remaining in France, after a club source said: ‘Eden has chosen to stay.
‘He has a contract until 2015 and now Champions League football. Everything points towards staying.’
The Lille star has capped off a fine season by being named the Ligue 1 Player of the Year on Sunday night.
The 20-year-old has been named as best young player for the past two seasons and stepped up to the top award after netting seven times for Lille in the league this term to help the club claim their first title since 1954.
AC Milan, Inter, Manchester United and Barcelona are all said to be interested in Hazard, as well as Arsenal man Nasri.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864422-eden-hazard-lined-up-as-samir-nasri-replacement-at-arsenal#ixzz1NT8nCIcv
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864422-eden-hazard-lined-up-as-samir-nasri-replacement-at-arsenal

cheesy bites
26-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Sounds insane - but I am almost begiing to feel I would be disappointed if Fabregas stays - so disillusioned have I been by his attitude this season, and frustrated by the constant 'is he, isn't he off to Barca' saga.

I've lost my affinity with him, and the last this I want is another last-season Adebayor being paid massive wages and disrupting the team.

Replace Fabregas with Nasri, and I have the exact same feelings.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 02:37 PM

You won't be the only one who feels this way mate

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864422-eden-hazard-lined-up-as-samir-nasri-replacement-at-arsenal

Not sure what to make of this, reckon hazard could be going to italy imo

Darth Vela
26-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Also, as much as I think this 4-3-3 does often suit us, without Cesc we're more likely to change it up with 4-4-2 a little more often imo which wouldn't go amiss.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 03:31 PM
AC Milan, Inter, Manchester United and Barcelona are all said to be interested in Hazard, as well as Arsenal man Nasri.

We can forget Hazard if anyone other than West Ham are in the running, and if bigger clubs are after Nasri he's likely to be gone too. What are the chances of Cesc staying, because Barca can't afford him, and Nasri buggering off? Wouldn't be a great place to be in really, a captain that doesn't want to be here and another of our premium players out the door. This is the worst case scenario of course, which at Arsenal also means it's the most likely to happen.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling we'll end up considerably weaker after the summer?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 03:33 PM
We can forget Hazard if anyone other than West Ham are in the running, and if bigger clubs are after Nasri he's likely to be gone too. What are the chances of Cesc staying, because Barca can't afford him, and Nasri buggering off? Wouldn't be a great place to be in really, a captain that doesn't want to be here and another of our premium players out the door. This is the worst case scenario of course, which at Arsenal also means it's the most likely to happen.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling we'll end up considerably weaker after the summer?

You forget Wenger is french and so is he lol he is ours lol Wenger knows you know

Japan Shaking All Over
26-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Gee has poor saves to shot ratio apparently. Thinks the manc have overspent. Meanwhile...

Daily mail

I fucking hate city. 20mill
plus two player swap...

got our own two players tho - 2 sixteen year olds whipped from under the noses of Barca.......5 year contracts - ready for first team, um...........you tell me - FFS

Elreactor
26-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I really hope Nasri stays. He can´t be that determined to leave, at least not like Fabregas.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/7793/7/agent-arsenal-and-spurs-both-want-falcao?

Arsenal and Tottenham are both planning to meet the mega buy-out clause of coveted Porto striker Falcao, according to the player's agent.
Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp would have to bid £26m to trigger the release in the Colombian star's contract if they want to prise him away from the Portuguese side.

The 25-year-old is coming off the back of an outstanding season with Porto, firing Andre Villas-Boas' side to a Primeira Liga and Europa League double with an incredible 39 goals.

And Falcao's representative, Claudio Mossi, has revealed both Arsenal and Tottenham are desperate to land the player, though they face a struggle to lure the forward away from Porto.

He told Maisfutebol: "Arsenal and Tottenham are going crazy to buy Falcao. This season he has proved to be one of the best strikers in Europe.
"Both clubs are planning to offer €30million. We will talk with the club (Porto) quietly and consider any offer, but he (Falcao) is happy playing for Porto."

Elreactor
26-05-2011, 03:52 PM
£26m? That´s too much. We need to get rid of Fabregas now if we want to add another player, apart from Falcao. Unless Porto are keen on a part exchange including Rosicky+Squillaci+money= Falcao.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 04:32 PM
£26m? That´s too much. We need to get rid of Fabregas now if we want to add another player, apart from Falcao. Unless Porto are keen on a part exchange including Rosicky+Squillaci+money= Falcao.
73 goals in 85 appearances is more than useful.
Andy Carroll scored 31 goals in 80 games for Newcastle; Fernando Torres scored 82 in 214 for Atletico plus 65 in 102 for Liverpool.

Yes, Portugal is not as "strong" as Spain or England, league wise. However, some of the players coming out of there are more than useful.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 04:49 PM
£26m? That´s too much.
Thats the going rate for Bent... Would say paying that much for Falcao would be a bargin.

selassie
26-05-2011, 05:19 PM

Yes I think we will be.

Wenger will spin it though with stuff like Ramsey & Vermaelen being like new signings.

Xhaka Can’t
26-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Don't worry, if Tottenham want him as much as us, he's theirs.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Okay, here is another reason why I have a great deal of difficulty of taking many of the blogs seriously. Here is the heading on Bleacher Report: Arsenal Transfer News: 5 Superstars Who Would Immediately Improve the Gunners http://bleacherreport.com/articles/713446-arsenal-transfer-rumors-5-superstars-who-would-immediately-improve-the-gunners

The problem is that the 5 Superstars are
Falcao
Downing
Hazard
Cahill
Benzema

How many of those are really "superstars"?

Boss
26-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Basically,

Anything without quotes from someone financially related (ie works for or hires) to the player = BS.

You find better analysis than on 99% of blogs on here anyways.

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 05:56 PM
I would be delighted with either Benzema or Falcao to be honest.

If we can bring in a midfielder as well then that would be great. I guess what we do though will be dictated by the outcome of Clichy and Samir '4 month wonder' Nasri's contract talks.

I'm starting to think there is a possibility that Nasri could do one.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 06:28 PM
velez sarsfield want to keep starlet ricky alvarez at the club through the summer but admit that an offer of €14 million could tempt them into selling their prized asset.

The club's hierarchy met on tuesday night in order to discuss the player's future amid rumours that arsenal were seeking a deal for the imposing attacker.

Speculation was rife last week that the 23-year-old had signed a pre-contract agreement with arsene wenger's side but those reports remain unsubstantiated.

Alvarez has three years left on his current deal at velez and only a massive offer would see him move to europe.

"velez have no current intention to sell alvarez," a source close to velez told goal.com after the board meeting.

"we have a philosophy at this club of not selling players at a young age and letting them reach their potential.

"velez would require an offer similar to what we received from al-sadd for mauro zarate."

the qatar stars league side paid €14 million for the lazio striker (http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/05/25/2502134/velez-sarsfield-want-to-keep-arsenal-target-ricky-alvarez#) in 2007 and velez were also able to hold on to 20 per cent of zarate's contract rights as part of the deal.

an arsenal representative is understood to have travelled to buenos aires on tuesday and could watch alvarez in action for velez in nearby montevideo during thursday's copa libertadores tie with penarol.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/05/25/2502134/velez-sarsfield-want-to-keep-arsenal-target-ricky-alvarez

Olivier's xmas twist
26-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Lorient forward Kevin Gameiro has expressed his delight that Valencia have reportedly rekindled their interest in him.
The France international striker has been strongly linked with a move to England in recent months.
Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif were believed to be keen, while North East sources claimed Newcastle (http://topics.skysports.com/newcastle/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif had lodged a €10million bid, but Valencia (http://topics.skysports.com/valencia/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif now look firm favourites to land him.
Los Che sealed a deal for Lille's (http://topics.skysports.com/lille/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Adil Rami in January to secure his arrival this summer and they are looking to make that a double French swoop with Gameiro's (http://topics.skysports.com/Kevin+Gameiro/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif signature.
Thrilled

Gameiro has previously stated his preference to move to Valencia, and now reports claim they have made a fresh bid.
"Valencia is a very good club and I am thrilled they are showing me they want me to join them," Gameiro is quoted as saying.
"This summer will be fascinating, hopefully we will all be fine, I want to score in the last game of the season."
Lorient's (http://topics.skysports.com/lorient/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif final game of the season is against Auxerre (http://topics.skysports.com/auxerre/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif on Sunday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6953334,00.html

isv
26-05-2011, 07:03 PM
heard we are after Hertz Van Rental, top dutch centre forward everyman and his dog are after him.

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Okay, here is another reason why I have a great deal of difficulty of taking many of the blogs seriously. Here is the heading on Bleacher Report: Arsenal Transfer News: 5 Superstars Who Would Immediately Improve the Gunners http://bleacherreport.com/articles/713446-arsenal-transfer-rumors-5-superstars-who-would-immediately-improve-the-gunners

The problem is that the 5 Superstars are
Falcao
Downing
Hazard
Cahill
Benzema

How many of those are really "superstars"?

Other than Downing, 0 tbh.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Other than Downing, 0 tbh.
Am I reading that correctly, you are saying Downing is a superstar?

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Am I reading that correctly, you are saying Downing is a superstar?
It was sarcasm :coffee:

You've been living in America too long.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Glad you cleared that up.:)

BTW, we are not yet the 51st state. ;)

Unai Tea
26-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Glad you cleared that up.:)

BTW, we are not yet the 51st state. ;)

But Canada hasn't moved continents either presumably.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 07:42 PM
But Canada hasn't moved continents either presumably.
Nope, Canada is still on the continent of North America, as is Mexico and the United States of America.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Seriously think it's bad mojo to keep mentioning Downing. Can we refer to him as Macbeth from now on? If we just ignore everything that's written or said about him, in fact if we pretend he doesn't exist then maybe he won't come here. We need to muster a huge collective indifference so it's tangible and he detects it and takes the hint. Because when you look at that list of "superstars" it's pretty damn obvious which one we'd be lumbered with. Bendtner out and Macbeth in, back to square one.

V-Pig
26-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Jam Persie ; which poster are you?

Xhaka Can’t
26-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Seriously think it's bad mojo to keep mentioning Downing. Can we refer to him as Macbeth from now on? If we just ignore everything that's written or said about him, in fact if we pretend he doesn't exist then maybe he won't come here. We need to muster a huge collective indifference so it's tangible and he detects it and takes the hint. Because when you look at that list of "superstars" it's pretty damn obvious which one we'd be lumbered with. Bendtner out and Macbeth in, back to square one.

You need to man the fuck up pal. I don't want to hear you crying like a bitch when we sign the Ligue 1 younger version of Downing as we surely will.

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 08:31 PM
'Arry wants Friedel

Liverpool (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/liverpool/) are facing competition from Tottenham in the bid to sign Aston Villa (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/aston-villa/) goalkeeper Brad Friedel (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/brad-friedel.html), it is understood.
Press Association Sport understands Friedel has emerged as a target for Spurs manager Harry Redknapp (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/harry-redknapp.html), who is looking for a new goalkeeper after the up and down form of Heurelho Gomes (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/heurelho-gomes.html) last season.
It is a difficult decision for the 39-year-old Friedel, who is now out of contract at Villa although they are also keen to retain his services.
Friedel is only likely to be offered a one-year deal by Redknapp, who will seek a long term replacement for Gomes (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/gomes.html), but there is the lure of being first choice.
He is keen to add to his all-time record of 275 successive appearances in the Barclays Premier League.
Liverpool are offering a two-year contract - and a coaching role - but Friedel, who lives in Cheshire, will only be number two to Pepe (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/pepe-206342.html) Reina.
West Brom are also interested but they are well down the pecking order with Friedel.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26052011/63/clubs-show-interest-friedel.html

Think he'll go to Liverpool tbh. Wouldn't mind if we signed him but it aint gonna happen.

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 08:33 PM
You need to man the fuck up pal. I don't want to hear you crying like a bitch when we sign the Ligue 1 younger version of Downing as we surely will.
:gp:

The sad thing is Downing would probably be a better signing then anyone we are actually likely to sign.

fakeyank
26-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Please do not refer the inferior Canadians as Americans!! America = 2nd greatest nation in the world.. Canada on the other hand = :haha: :pal:

Xhaka Can’t
26-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Please do not refer the inferior Canadians as Americans!! America = 2nd greatest nation in the world.. Canada on the other hand = :trophy:

Not sure about the Yanks being 2nd tbh.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Please do not refer the inferior Canadians as Americans!! America = 2nd greatest nation in the world.. Canada on the other hand = :haha: :pal:
Mmmm, that is why Canada is ranked No. 8 most peaceful country in the world and the U.S. is ranked 82!!!! http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi-data/#/2011/scor

And Canada has three cities in the top 5 most liveable cities in the world for 2011, as ranked by the Economist Intelligence Unit. http://www.suite101.com/content/the-worlds-most-liveable-cities-2011-top-10-announced-a350592

Xhaka Can’t
26-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I know this is GW, but this is too much of a tangent, so lets wheel it back to discussing all the transfers we aren't going to make.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 09:11 PM
he Thursday May 26 Transfer Gossip
Posted 26/05/11 09:02EmailPrintSave

FERGUSON TOLD TO SIGN 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD'
Sir Alex Ferguson has been given the green light to pursue 'big-name targets' this summer, according to The Guardian.

The paper claims that the Glazers are 'relaxed about the prospect of Ferguson breaking the bank to sign a marquee name' and the United boss 'has been given the green light to target the best players in the world'.

And no wonder: United are expected to have £160m in the bank by the end of this summer.

What's unclear is whether David de Gea counts as a marquee signing. At £17m, it's not as if he is particularly cheap. It's also unclear just when and if United will sign the Atletico Madrid keeper. In defiance of reports - based on quotes made by Sir Alex himself - that he is on the verge of moving to Old Trafford, the player has issued a statement denying he has entered into any such agreement.

COULD ANCELOTTI REPLACE WARNOCK AT RANGERS?
Seems as if we were a bit slow in reporting on the site that 'Neil Warnock's future could once again be up in the air after two of his chief allies on the QPR board left on Wednesday'.

The Daily Mirror have already jumped in to declare that Warnock is on his way out, with the paper reckoning 'Carlo Ancelotti is set to be offered an immediate Premier League return with QPR'.

Wowsers. Still, if he wants to stay in England, just where else could he go?

Meanwhile, Guus Hiddink has cooled talk of a return to Chelsea by claiming he is focusing only on his role with the Turkish national side.

Yes, that particular story is as dull as it sounds. Very.

FRIEDEL IN BIG DEMAND
West Brom are the latest club to be linked with Brad Friedel, but it looks to be a two-club fight between Liverpool and Spurs for the Villa keeper.

Such an intense level of interest in the 40-year-old is a little surprising given that his best days are - surely - behind him, but the Mail reckons that Liverpool have offered the American a two-year deal while 'Harry Redknapp wants Friedel to battle Carlo Cudicini and Heurelho Gomes'.

CITY MAKING PROGRESS FOR CAHILL SIGNING
We reckon it's only a week or so since the Daily Mirror reported that Gary Cahill had told his mates that he wanted a 'dream' move to Arsenal, but now the paper is saying that 'Manchester City are closing in on a deal for Bolton's England centre-half Gary Cahill in a hurry - with Nedum Onuoha a the key part of a £20million move'

Onuoha is being touted as a possible makeweight in the deal after spending last season on loan at Sunderland.

'Bolton chief Owen Coyle is keen to take the player plus cash in exchange for Cahill. If the clubs can sort out the numbers, Cahill may even be cleared to speak to City this week.'

MANAGERLESS CHELSEA SET FOR TWO BIG DEALS?
Also in the Mirror is the claim that 'Chelsea are closing in Belgium's two hottest properties as part of their summer re-fit'.

According to them, despite the club not possessing a manager at present, Chelsea 'expect to clinch the £22million signing of Anderlecht's Romalu Lukaku and Genk's £12m-rated Kevin De Bruyne within the next month.

'While Anderlecht have put a £26m valuation on Lukaku, that is seen as just an opening gambit with a reduced price deal likely.'

AND IN A NUTSHELL:
Paul Lambert insists leaving Norwich never crossed his mind and, with speculation over his future now put to bed, the Scottish manager can focus on a summer recruitment drive to help the Canaries stay in the Barclays Premier League.

Wolves will step up efforts to sign on-loan midfielder Jamie O'Hara on a permanent basis after manager Mick McCarthy confirmed he wants to keep the Tottenham player.

Joey Barton's agent claims he has already been contacted by managers interested in signing the Newcastle midfielder after he wasn't offered a new deal at St James'

Stewart Downing has confirmed he won't be signing a new Aston Villa contract "at the moment" - and feels his career is at a "major crossroads". The Daily Star claims that he is a target for Arsenal.
http://www.football365.com/news/transfers/0,17033,8671,00.html

Whelp. You could buy 4 arsenal squads for 160mill

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Meanwhile,

Does it get more official than SSN? (beyond Arsenal.com - not that you can get official from sports news outlets these days...)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6953752,00.html?

Tottenham and Arsenal are reportedly willing to meet the £26million release clause in Porto striker Radamel Falcao's contract.

The Colombian is hot property after scoring 16 times in Porto's victorious league campaign, while also netting 17 goals in their successful Europa League adventure.

Porto are negotiating a new deal with the 25-year-old after admitting that the release clause in his current contract - 30 million euros (£25.9million) - could be met by one of Europe's biggest clubs.

Spurs and Arsenal are reportedly on the lookout for strikers this summer and Claudio Mossi, an agent from the Sivori & Asociados group that represents Falcao, claims the two north London sides are very keen on the frontman.

"Among the leading candidates are Arsenal and Tottenham. They are willing to hit the 30 million clause."
Claudio Mossi
Quotes of the week
"England are crazy about Falcao," Mossi told Maisfutebol.

"Among the leading candidates are Arsenal and Tottenham. They are willing to hit the 30 million clause.

Not extraordinary

"The figure is not an extraordinary value for them."

Falcao spoke of his intention to stay at the Estadio do Dragao after scoring the winner in last week's Europa League final win over Braga.

The former River Plate man said he wanted to remain with the Portuguese champions to play UEFA Champions League football under Andre Villas-Boas, and Mossi admitting that staying with Porto is an option.

"He is very happy at Porto," Mossi said.

"There he can play the Champions next year. The problem is that every day he is linked with other clubs.

"It is important that he is left alone for a time with his family now to decide."

So yeah, we where prepared to spunk 30mill on a player transfer fee at least... Maybe there's hope.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I know this is GW, but this is too much of a tangent, so lets wheel it back to discussing all the transfers we aren't going to make.With reluctance, I will comply.:)

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I will change my name to fuckface for a week if we spend that much on Falcao. Or Benzema for that matter.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 10:23 PM
With reluctance, I will comply.:)

That's extremely mature of you. If it had been me I would have been going on about how America sucks the sweat of roadkill's mangled balls. Luckily it was you though so we don't have to put up with such juvenile and true statements.

Also, if Utd really do have £160mill to spend and they apparently have much larger debts than we do, it sort of begs the question, how do they manage to compete at the very top while we are sniffing around the outer edges of CL qualification? We charge the biggest prices on the planet, get more than a fair share of TV revenue, apparently (it emerges) pay lower wage bills and yet we need to be a selling club just to hang on to Utd's coattails. So how does that work out then? What bit are we getting spectacularly wrong?

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I will change my name to fuckface for a week if we spend that much on Falcao. Or Benzema for that matter.
I'll hold you to that. Falcao's more likely atm, but apparently, it's really dependant on whether the player actually wants to go, or if anyone with megabucks swoops in at the last minute with an equal bid and offers 200k per week.

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll hold you to that. Falcao's more likely atm, but it's really dependant on whether anyone with megabucks comes in with an equal big and offers 200k per week.

I'll believe it when I see it to be honest. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we did break the bank for a striker.

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Arsenal are battling to keep their French midfielder Samir Nasri but have issued an ultimatum: sign a new contract or be sold.
Nasri has one season left on his current deal, has yet to sign a new five year deal worth around £90,000-a-week and Manchester City, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and, according to reports in France, Manchester United are monitoring developments.
Wenger drops massive hint about Benzema bid (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-drops-hint-about-Karim-Benzema-bid-article740434.html)
Arsenal are very confident that Nasri will commit himself to the club but also do not want to risk him running down his contract and leaving on a free transfer next summer.
http://ad-emea.doubleclick.net/ad/N5960.270717.MIRRORONLINE/B5467835.2;sz=1x1;ord=22035525927035104?
It is also the same situation with Gael Clichy but he is more likely to go after stalling on a new contract and Inter, Juventus, Liverpool and AC Milan are watching.
Arsenal's first priority in what they hope will be a busy summer is a new centre half with Bolton's Gary Cahill and Blackburn duo Chris Samba and Phil Jones high on their list.
Cahill is available for £17m and Arsenal also face strong competition from Manchester City and, while Wenger rates the Bolton stopper very highly, he does have some reservations about the price.
Arsenal are ready to sell Andrey Arshavin, Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson, Abou Diaby and Carlos Vela in a major shake-up which will see them bring in a whole new raft of youngsters as well as at least three senior players.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-sell-Andrey-Arshavin-Nicklas-Bendtner-Denilson-Abou-Diaby-and-Carlos-Vela-ahead-of-busy-summer-transfer-window-article740435.html#ixzz1NV7Mr3kQ
Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register)

I'd love if we got Benzema, mainly because it'd be nice to sign someone I've actually heard of for once.

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Downing refusing to sign a new contract

The future of Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing has been thrown into question with the player refusing to sign a new contract in the near future.
Downing, who moved to Villa Park from Middlesbrough two years ago, will be out of contract in the summer of 2013 and Villa face having another player on their books, as with Ashley Young, whose value is forever falling as he moves towards a Bosman free transfer.
England international Downing has been linked with a move to Liverpool in recent months, with Young tipped to join Manchester United.
The player's desire for Champions League football means an exit from the Midlands club cannot be far away.
Downing told the Northern Echo: "I know the club are keen for me to extend my contract as I only have two years left on my deal. My agent (Struan Marshall) had a recent meeting with our chief executive (Paul Faulkner).
"However, I am 26, and at a major crossroads in my career, so I won't be committing to a new deal at the moment.
"I want to keep playing and enjoying my football. When I was injured that made me realise what it can be like to be out for such a long time.
"It hurt. The most important thing is to play football, but I do want to play in the Champions League at some point.''

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/92955.html

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Nasri can do one if he's still hesitant. Does he think he's big time now on the basis of half a season?

Also, if we are to sign a striker you'd think we will ditch the powder puff 433, surely Vinger isn't that much of a WUM to play Falcao/Benzema/RVP out wide? Although RVP could probably accommodate but he's an exceptional centre forward in his own right and why change that?

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 10:54 PM
We need two DM's because Cesc is such a lightweight. Figure out width with two strikers with the remaining players and I'd recommend you taking some coaching badges...

The Wengerbabies
26-05-2011, 10:57 PM
We need two DM's because Cesc is such a lightweight. Figure out width with two strikers with the remaining players and I'd recommend you taking some coaching badges...
Cesc won't be here next season and Wilshere can hold his own in a 2 man midfield. What we do need is a decent DM, not Song.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Cesc won't be hear next season and Wilshere can hold his own in a 2 man midfield. What we do need is a decent DM, not Song.
Can't really disagree with that. Honestly, a little diversity in tactics wouldn't go amiss, we've been too fucking predictible of late, some selection issues and rotation without a "we need a team that works around Cesc" would be cool. Pros and cons either way however.

Unai Tea
26-05-2011, 11:14 PM
@Jam Persie (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=56) ; which poster are you?

Posted a little in the last few months with username chamakh attack. Can't stand the sight of the slinky coward anymore so decided to change names and identify with a fellow Dutchman instead.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Nasri can do one if he's still hesitant. Does he think he's big time now on the basis of half a season?

Also, if we are to sign a striker you'd think we will ditch the powder puff 433, surely Vinger isn't that much of a WUM to play Falcao/Benzema/RVP out wide? Although RVP could probably accommodate but he's an exceptional centre forward in his own right and why change that?

Don't forget this is the transfer "bullshit" thread, we're not REALLY signing any expensive players, we're just having a laugh talking about it.

Marc Overmars
26-05-2011, 11:30 PM
At least there are some quotes to go on though, with Wenger talking about Benzema and Falcao's agent saying we're interested.

I doubt we'll sign either but you never know.

AKBapologist
26-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Well we'd had already signed Chamakh by now last summer, so technically we're under performing XD

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Well we'd had already signed Chamakh by now last summer, so technically we're under performing XD

Or dramatically ahead of the game, depends which way you look at it.

Titi14
26-05-2011, 11:52 PM
At least there are some quotes to go on though, with Wenger talking about Benzema and Falcao's agent saying we're interested.

I doubt we'll sign either but you never know.

I keep thinking that Benzema might be true but then again it could be the transfer rumour this year where Wenger says we looked at him but he wasn't available at the right price. Wouldn't mind Falcao at all!

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Rafael and Fabio da Silva's mum forced them to reject Arsenal before they joined Manchester United as she was "adamant" that they should not sign for the London club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9498228.stm

Bitch

Syn
26-05-2011, 11:54 PM

You have your moments tbh. xx

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Quite a few reports coming in about Downing.

Wouldnt mind him

fakeyank
27-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Mmmm, that is why Canada is ranked No. 8 most peaceful country in the world and the U.S. is ranked 82!!!! http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi-data/#/2011/scor

And Canada has three cities in the top 5 most liveable cities in the world for 2011, as ranked by the Economist Intelligence Unit. http://www.suite101.com/content/the-worlds-most-liveable-cities-2011-top-10-announced-a350592

If you didnt know it.. stats dont always tell you the truth? Are you new to GW?

V-Pig
27-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Posted a little in the last few months with username chamakh attack. Can't stand the sight of the slinky coward anymore so decided to change names and identify with a fellow Dutchman instead.

Ah, fair enough. A good choice :good:

NQ, I like your signature. But please, add a link, and we'll get far more members :D

Marc Overmars
27-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Quite a few reports coming in about Downing.

Wouldnt mind him

I'm pretty sure he can cross a ball and take on a player more effectively than Arshavin and Theo, but I don't know really, at the end of the day it's Stewart Downing...

I think he'll go to Liverpool anyway.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty sure he can cross a ball and take on a player more effectively than Arshavin and Theo, but I don't know really, at the end of the day it's Stewart Downing...

I think he'll go to Liverpool anyway.
This time last year or indeed any year, id have said fuck no but desperate times call for desperate measures. No doubt he'd be more effective with his crossing and taking people on, that is until we coach it out of him.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Heard on the radio that if Benzema doesnt leave Real and he says the club doesnt want to sell him then they will sell Higuain.

Would not mind him either

Özim
27-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Heard on the radio that if Benzema doesnt leave Real and he says the club doesnt want to sell him then they will sell Higuain.

Would not mind him either
To be honest can't see us getting either, we're not going to pay the sort of cash we need to to sign them.

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Ah, fair enough. A good choice :good:

NQ, I like your signature. But please, add a link, and we'll get far more members :D

Your days are numbered... Pessimism is the new black, in a mostly non-racist way.

The Wengerbabies
27-05-2011, 02:00 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9498228.stm

Bitch
Smart woman tbh.

Multi-quote :bow:

cheesy bites
27-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Players have been released from Villa and Brum. Include Reo-Coker, Carew, Seb Larsson and a certain Bobby Pires. None worth a punt...right?

GP
27-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Players have been released from Villa and Brum. Include Reo-Coker, Carew, Seb Larsson and a certain Bobby Pires. None worth a punt...right?

Right

Elreactor
27-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Don't worry, if Tottenham want him as much as us, he's theirs.

Let´s hope he comes to Arsenal. By too much I meant I wasn´t sure if, after we get him for that money, we´d be able to buy another player to further improve the squad. As good as Falcao may be for us, he shouldn´t be our only mature signing.

Darth Vela
27-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Reo-Coker wouldn't be bad idea as a terrier to have around when teams get a bit aggressive or we just need a little more bite in midfield, plenty of other players that would do the same job and offer a little more are out there though,

If we were allowed to bring Larsson on purely for set-pieces I'd be on board with that as well but as it is, we don't need another slow short-arse in the team.

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Ricardo Alvarez's agent has admitted to holding talks with a number of clubs regarding a possible move for the Argentine midfielder.

The Velez Sarsfield player is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a switch to one of Europe's leading clubs.

Arsenal and Inter Milan are reportedly keen on a summer swoop, while Roma have also been credited with an interest.

Alvarez's representative, Marcelo Simonian, has indicated that Roma could be keeping closer tabs on his client than Inter, and believes Velez would be prepared to listen to offers.

"Technically he doesn't resemble either (Erik) Lamela or (Javier) Pastore, even if he has the same figure and the talent of Javier," Simonian told calciomercato.it.

"Inter Milan and Arsenal interested in him? We are in talks with some clubs, but Inter Milan haven't ever called me.

"Roma? I know that (sporting director, Walter) Sabatini knows him very, very well.

"I believe that in front of an important offer, Velez will not prevent Alvarez taking a step forward for his career."

So he could leave on a free at the end of this/next season? Looks like we've found rosickys replacement me thinks.

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Time - Back from Argentina Sabatini seems to have purchased here, in particular by Velez, Ricardo Alvarez (23) , the player can be called a Perrotta with more quality. Italian passport, the new ds Roma follows him since he was 14 years. Arsenal beat the competition: the Velez will receive about 7 million €.
Possibly bollocks :popcorn: - http://www.vocegiallorossa.it/?action=read&idnotizia=18469

BTW, where are Liverpool getting all there cash from? Are their owners just spunking checks because of Kenny's halo?

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Also

And these are the morning's rumours from elsewhere...
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has turned down an incredible £20m a year offer from Juventus and is now set to stay at Eastlands. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea's former director of football Frank Arnesen, now director of sport at Hamburg, has targeted Chelsea teenager Josh McEachran, causing fury at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Express)

Liverpool are poised to make a bid for Birmingham centre-back Scott Dann, who is a lifelong fan of the Anfield club, after his side's relegation to the Championship. (Metro)

Sunderland are after Birmingham's other first choice centre-back, Roger Johnson, who could be available for £4m. (Daily Mirror)

The plunder of the relegated Blues might not stop there, with Blackburn wanting to sign midfielder Seb Larsson from St Andrews for £500,000. (The Sun)

Inter Milan hope to land Arsenal full-back Gael Clichy, who is out of contract next summer. (The Sun)

Aston Villa are preparing a £3.5m bid for Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp. Manager Gerard Houllier sees Camp as a replacement for Brad Friedel, who is leaving the club this summer. (Daily Mirror)

Villa have joined Tottenham and Liverpool in the fight to sign £10-rated West Ham midfielder Scott Parker. (The Sun)

Arsenal boss Arsenal Wenger will offer £10m for giant Blackburn defender Christopher Samba this summer. Wenger is willing to spend big money before next season and signing a dominant centre-half is one of his top priorities. (Daily Star)

Salomon Kalou will wait to see who takes over as Chelsea manager before deciding whether to stay, with Arsenal ready to make a move if the forward chooses to leave Stamford Bridge. (Metro)

QPR are planning a double swoop for Bolo Zenden, out of contract at Sunderland, and Lyon's John Mensah - whose loan at the Stadium of Light has ended. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal will battle it out with Liverpool for the signature of £15m Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing this summer. (Daily Star)

The Gunners are pushing Samir Nasri to make a quick decision on his future after Downing revealed he is open to leaving Aston Villa. (Daily Mail)

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 07:34 PM
And...

According to agent Eduardo Hernández, Arsenal striker Carlos Vela is still a Gunner and is wanted by the club for this summer’s pre-season.

Reports have suggested that the 22-year old will be one of the many players manager Arsene Wenger will sell during the summer transfer window but according to his agent the instructions of the club is for Vela to be ready and available for pre-season, after holidays.

Last January, the striker was loaned out to West Bromwich Albion with the Arsenal boss explaining that he was not ready to let the Mexican leave on a permanent basis as he considers him a “top striker”.

At West Brom, Vela rarely feature and spent most of his time on the bench but still managed to score two important goals against Stoke City and Wolves when coming on from the bench and assisted Peter Odemwingie when the Baggies drew 2-2 away against Tottenham Hotspur.

On the player’s future, his agent said:

I spoke with the people at Arsenal. There are many rumours going on about the player but the reality is that he will return at Arsenal.

He was called by Mexico for the upcoming Copa America and the instructions I received is that Carlos must report back to Arsenal immediately after holidays.

Carlos is an Arsenal player and at the moment there is no transfer movement.
http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/05/27/carlos-velas-agent-many-rumours-but-arsenal-want-him-back-for-pre-season/?

Arshavin will stay at Arsenal despite Gunners poor season
By ASHLEY GRAY
Last updated at 2:39 PM on 27th May 2011

Comments (0)
Add to My Stories
Andrey Arshavin insists he is staying at Arsenal despite branding this season a failure.
The Russia captain trained individually at his former club Zenit St Petersburg on Wednesday, talking to coach Luciano Spalletti and being put through his paces by the Italian’s assistant Marco Domenichini despite having no previous relationship with the pair.

Staying put: Andrei Arshavin has confirmed he plans to stay at Arsenal
Zenit are considering a bid for the forward, who turns 30 on Sunday, and there is also interest from Spain and Italy.
But Arshavin said: ‘Don’t believe the rumours. Everything is good with (manager) Arsene Wenger. I’m not going to leave Arsenal.’
Reflecting on Arsenal’s sixth year without silverware, he said: ‘Compared to last year we dropped from third to fourth place in the championship.
'We were in the League Cup final, which we should have won. So you have to admit the season was a failure.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391569/Arshavin-wants-remain-Arsenal-despite-Gunners-poor-season.html#ixzz1NaDkP424

FFS

Marc Overmars
27-05-2011, 07:40 PM
If Nasri is going then this chump has to stay. Even though I'd rather get him of him. Fat fuck etc...

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Feel sorry for Arshavin.

We all saw how awesome he was when he first came but Arsene disease has caught him and his natural game has been coached out of him

Joker
27-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Arshavin needs to go tbh, he's produced some good moments this season, but nowhere near enough for a first team player.

Xhaka Can’t
27-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Feel sorry for Arshavin.

We all saw how awesome he was when he first came but Arsene disease has caught him and his natural game has been coached out of him

I don't. Arshavin came to us with a bit of a rep for variable performances already in place. Some would say his signing was worth it simply because he was the catalyst for our push for 4th place when it looked like we had little chance prior tro his signing.

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Wenger keen on Blackburn stopper Samba in £8m swoop
By SAMI MOKBEL
Last updated at 11:25 PM on 27th May 2011

Comments (0)
Add to My Stories
Arsenal have kicked off their summer shake-up plans with an £8million bid for Blackburn defender Chris Samba.
Boss Arsene Wenger has put a dominant centre half at the top of his shopping list after another disappointing season without a trophy.

Samba star: Rovers' defender (left) is a target for Arsene Wenger
Samba, 27, revealed this month that he came close to leaving Ewood Park in the January transfer window.
‘Everybody knows that I am an ambitious player. I think a move to Arsenal was very close in January but that is life.’
Meanwhile, Carl Jenkinson, Wenger’s first summer signing, is at the centre of a
tug-of-war between England and Finland.
Jenkinson has played for England Under 17s but qualifies for Finland through his mother.

Summer shake-up: Wenger (right) has already signed Charlton youngster Jenkinson
After talks with family, Jenkinson decided to pledge his future to Finland and has three
caps for their Under 21s.
The 19-year-old moved to the Emirates from Charlton earlier this week, a switch revealed by Sportsmail in March.

Challenge: Finland coach Paatelainen faces a battle from the English FA over Jenkinson's international alliance
But the dream move has re-alerted the FA to Jenkinson’s talents and Wembley chiefs are understood to be keen to persuade the defender back into the England fold.
Finland, aware of England’s interest, want to fast-track Jenkinson into their senior side to secure his future.
Indeed, manager Mixu Paatelainen has called Jenkinson up into a training camp for the players on the fringes of his side — despite him making 12 professional
appearances.
Under FIFA laws, a player cannot change his international allegiance once he has played a competitive fixture for a nation at senior level.
Finland have two Euro 2012 qualifiers next month, by which time their chances of qualifying could be over.
Jenkinson could make his senior debut for Finland in the qualifier against Moldova on
September 2.
An FA spokesman said: ‘Carl Jenkinson has been in England’s development system
and is still on our radar but has chosen to represent Finland at this present time, which he is entitled to do.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391692/Arsenal-bid-8m-Blackburn-defender-Chris-Samba.html#ixzz1Nb7jKJnX

Would rather have hangeland - oh well.

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Published on May 27th, 2011

Arsenal’s pursuit of Vélez Sársfield midfielder Ricardo Álvarez intensified last night, when Richard Law met with club officials in Montevideo to discuss a possible transfer.

Law, a trilingual American, is part of Ivan Gazidis’ ‘executive team’. He is in charge of negotiating player contracts and also works as a consultant for Steve Rowley’s scouting network. He arrived in Argentina two days ago, amid speculation a deal was done for Álvarez.

Last night, a three man team, including president Fernando Raffaini, met with Law to hold tentative talks over the exciting 23-year-old. However, Raffaini reaffirmed his previous stance on Álvarez, telling the media shortly after that no deal has been agreed, and that it would take a fee in excess of €12 million Euro’s to tempt Vélez to sell.

Ricardo’s future has been subject to much speculation in recent days, with Fox Soccer wrongly reporting that a free transfer to Arsenal was already done. Vélez laughed that off, as their player has three years left on his current contract, and is rated as one of the best players in the league.

Despite the initial talks being fruitless, Law remains in Montevideo. No bid has been lodged, and it remains doubtful that any of the interested parties would match the asking price.

Arsenal have an eye for Argentine talents, having been in talks to sign Javier Mascherano and Ángel di María before they sealed moves to Europe.
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/arsenal-meet-velez-over-alvarez/?

Young Guns is probably the most reliable blog out there in terms of insider news and knowledge. However, no one seems to know how long he has left on his contract. On a free? one year? 3 years? Different in every news article.

Too much smoke for this to be the usual BS, same with falcao. We'll see about Samba.

Toronto Gooner
28-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Why would the meeting be held in Uruguay rather than Argentina?

Niall_Quinn
28-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Arsenal will battle it out with Liverpool for the signature of £15m Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing this summer.

This is depressing if true. Either we don't spend the money or we blow it on nothing. Samba is a second best option too, tbh. Better than what we have already but still a grade down from the top tier.

Toronto Gooner
28-05-2011, 02:59 AM
This is depressing if true. Either we don't spend the money or we blow it on nothing. Samba is a second best option too, tbh. Better than what we have already but still a grade down from the top tier.
On this, we agree. I would take neither Downing nor Samba.

Boss
28-05-2011, 03:19 AM
If Downing is our replacement for Nasri I will kill someone.

marc.r
28-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Front Line Changes

Re : Benzema. I can't see him starting at CF with RVP being the golden boy who cant go back to playing right sided in this system as he cant defend. He will pretty much only come from the left side like Arshavin. He has to be replacement for Arshavin if he comes in and can only play centrally when RVP is injured or plan B 442 formation. This is fine with me but it is an extremely expensive purchase for someone who is not considered world class in that posistion! Sanchez and potentially that frenchy from lille are much faster and more aggressive at going at their man and crossing as LWFs but Benzema gives up a little in this area but can play as a line leading striker when RVP is dead. Therefore the 25 million would add very good quality to both positions but not outstanding in either one. Great for improving squad primacy and fits with the current age of first teamers at 24. (Nas, Cesc). Starting line up would be BENZ RVP NASRI (theo rotates and super subs). Benz will have to learn to track back hard but he has done this for france and surely mou' has tought him strikers have to defend when playing wider.

Re: Falcao, he is wasted playing anywhere but centrally, he is energetic and will track back much more then RVP but this means we have to play two strikers or move RVP to the wing. Sure we can make a bid but I cant see as much value in this purchase as with benzema. We would HAVE to bring in left winger or a LB that can cross. Falcao is great because he is fed by a barnstorming Hulk who tears up the right side for porto against nearly every LB in the portugese and europa league. Theo can do a job sometimes but this guy deserves better service. We brought in chamack to get on the end of crosses and look how how he turned out (i know falcao is a better finisher and general player but the point is the same). Arsenal does not cross and when it does it does not well. If we buy a supporting player for Falcao then what does that make of Nasri? If we spend this much money falcao must be Plan A and wenger must be confidant or RVP moving wider and supporting. I am not. Vanity purchase.

Sanchez - I wish. he will stay in italy for big money prob around 30mill euro. This is like the finished version of theo. More muscle, just as fast but has actual dribbling and passing skills that are not robotic. He does not have the decision making of nasri but is much better then nani or valencia. out wide but he can attack very directly from the left or right wing. VS barca or any other team who attacks with a fullback we just have to stick him on whatever wing alves or whoever is on and they will not get a chance to attack. This guy will use his speed and hastle defence all game too. unlike theo who comes on and runs himself ragged in 20 mins and then is useless unless he gets a goal and an adrenaline rush.

Hazard - More nasri then Sanchez. Another option but doesnt offer us enough different. If nasri was in the french league he would attack just like Hazard does. Hazard comes to arsenal and he turns into a playmaker. Not what I want or need. He is a fantastic player and anyone other then arsenal could get much better value out of him. If nasri doesnt re-sign we can bring this guy in and he would do the same job. however we come in behind as we have to drop 25e on him and not just a 5e resign bonus for nasri.

so amongst all this trouble about attackers why is arsenal not buying a CDM or solid midfielder. everyone jokes about inler being constantly linked but that guy would actually be perfect for arsenal. He is the right age to come in and just do the job when Song is playing stupidly. His positional sense is perfect. this guy has been perfect for udinese. He does the job properly. sites infront of the back four, cleans up and distributes very well short and long. he is strong and 6ft plus. if he goes to napoli or juve for less then 10m euro then arsenal are stupid. I think he is better value then parker because of his age and ability. If not get parker minimum. We need a leader in midfield and personally I would be happier if we spent 25m on a solid CDM/CM then a striker. Thats the backbone that our team is missing regarding

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Axel Witsels father who is also his agent has said his sons dream move is to Arsenal and he is ready to leave Liege this summer

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6954945,00.html

Ironing
28-05-2011, 01:17 PM
No more daddy agents.

Kaiser
28-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Axel Witsels father who is also his agent has said his sons dream move is to Arsenal and he is ready to leave Liege this summer

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6954945,00.html

Wasn't he the one that broke someone's leg in a horrific challenge?

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Wasn't he the one that broke someone's leg in a horrific challenge?

Sure was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuERX-5kc0

Not for the faint hearted

Master Splinter
28-05-2011, 01:49 PM
We should sign him just to take out some Stoke scum.

The Wengerbabies
28-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Just what we need, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

VITA :bow:

The Wengerbabies
28-05-2011, 02:31 PM
There were signs of unrest among Gunners fans during the closing stages of another trophy-free campaign and travelling fans were heard chanting 'spend some f****** money' during the final-day draw at Fulham.
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/dn/2011/05/28/800560883_14019478-596x362-1306587144496_304x185_inline.jpg Stan Kroenke (left) plans to spend wisely (PA)
Arsenal have since been linked with a host of players, including Real Madrid's Karim Benzema (http://www.metro.co.uk/explore/people/benzema_karim) and Lille duo Eden Hazard and Gervinho, amid talk of a widespread squad reshaping exercise.
The club's new owner has now revealed he is happy to give the green light to some signings, but indicated Arsene Wenger's prudent approach in the transfer market would continue to influence thinking in The Emirates boardroom.
Kroenke said: 'The club has funds to invest and will do so wisely. Our constant aim will be to compete for silverware and championships.
'The long-term health of the club is of utmost importance and the board, chief executive, manager and the wider team (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/864665-arsenal-owner-stan-kroenke-promises-transfer-spending-this-summer#) will be working hard to achieve success for the club and our fans.'
Kroenke is in the process of completing his takeover of Arsenal after acquiring the shares of Lady Nina Bracewell Smith and the late Danny Fiszman to take his stake in the company to 66 per cent.
The US real estate and sports (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/864665-arsenal-owner-stan-kroenke-promises-transfer-spending-this-summer#) tycoon has now been granted Premier League approval for the takeover, and has given 14 days notice of the closure of the unconditional offer to shareholders.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/864665-arsenal-owner-stan-kroenke-promises-transfer-spending-this-summer#ixzz1Nepkphv1

Olivier's xmas twist
28-05-2011, 03:13 PM
meh, just spend some fucking money

Olivier's xmas twist
28-05-2011, 03:14 PM
whats the betting AW goes abd signs carew on a free lol

Ollie the Optimist
29-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Feel sorry for Arshavin.

shut up! he turned up to pre season overweight. you cannot blame wenger for that. poor attiude, lazy from him. he can fuck off

The Realist
29-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Transfer Arsenal News: Nasri [Staying], Vela[Staying], Arshavin[Staying], Bendtner[Open For Bid], Fabregas [Undecided], Almunia[Undecided], Rosicky[Undecided],Denilson[Undecided], Gael Clichy[Undecided], Armand Traore[Undecided], Henri lansbury[Undecided].

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2011, 03:18 AM
Just what we need, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

VITA :bow:

Noooo, VITA was last year. This year it's VISTA - Violence is STILL the Answer.

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Almunia[Undecided]

Why doesn't he ask someone (anyone) whether they think he should stay or not? Shouldn't take long to for him to come off the fence, in no uncertain terms. If he's still at the club next year I'll me more cross than I've ever been before.

The Wengerbabies
29-05-2011, 04:42 AM
Transfer Arsenal News: Nasri [Staying], Vela[Staying], Arshavin[Staying], Bendtner[Open For Bid], Fabregas [Undecided], Almunia[Undecided], Rosicky[Undecided],Denilson[Undecided], Gael Clichy[Undecided], Armand Traore[Undecided], Henri lansbury[Undecided].
Wtf. He couldn't make the West Brom team yet he's staying here ffs.

All the undecideds can GTFO too (with the exception maybe of Lansbury) as can Arshavin. Nasri can hurry up and sign the fucking deal or go too.

Arsenal 1886-2006 :rose:

AKBapologist
29-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Feel like a kid looking through the shop window. What has been the point of the last 6 years when united and our rivals seem set to dominate for another 10.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391980/Manchester-United-478m-debt-afford-let-Sir-Alex-spend-spend-spend.html

Marc Overmars
29-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Would anyone object to bringing Berbatov here? He's out of contract next year so we wouldn't need to break the bank.

Just sayin'.

I'd still prefer Falcao though but in case nothing materialises there we have an alternative.