PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal in move for Didier Drogba

Flavs
20-06-2011, 09:06 AM
In a shock move Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly chasing Chelsea striker Didier Drogba. Drogba is reportedly unhappy at falling behind Fernando Torres at the Blues and if as reported £30miliion man Neymar is to arrive as well Drogba will find himself with restricted playing time.
Having a year left on his contract and with the only reported interest coming from Arsenals north London rivals Tottenham and some minor interest from Turkey and Greece the gunners may seem an attractive proposition for the 32 year old.
Arsenal are apparently in the market for a tall and mobile forward and a move for Lille striker Gervinho seemed to be almost done according to the players current club and agent but Wenger has always been one to play his cards close to his chest in the transfer market. Drogba would be available for a nominal fee due to his contract situation and the only stumbling block may be his reported £150k a week wages.
Sources close to both clubs have claimed a deal may well have already been completed and will be officially announced on the 1st of July when the transfer window officially opens.
:unsure:

Özim
20-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Did you make this up? If not it may as well be made up as he'll never sign for us.

Firstly he's played for Chelsea many years and would probably not play for another English club, secondly he probably wants to play for a club with a chance at winning the CL. Thirdly he won't get big wages from us.

Weren't some Italian teams interested as well, I'd be surprised if some bigger clubs didn't come in for him tbh.

server too busy!
20-06-2011, 09:22 AM
If this wasn't made up and actually happens, I will spunken over all of you.

LDG
20-06-2011, 09:33 AM
If true. Would be a quality signing.

Letters
20-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Did you make this up? If not it may as well be made up as he'll never sign for us.

Firstly he's played for Chelsea many years and would probably not play for another English club, secondly he probably wants to play for a club with a chance at winning the CL. Thirdly he won't get big wages from us.

Interesting that you start by asking Falvs if he made up the story and then go on to make up reasons why he wouldn't come to us...

Özim
20-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Interesting that you start by asking Falvs if he made up the story and then go on to make up reasons why he wouldn't come to us...
They're fair comments....he's been a big player at a successful club with ambition and he's not won the CL.

Why exactly would he move to us a team known for bottling it every season and a team known for being very conservative in the transfer market, that's ignoring the fact he's played for Chelsea for many years and most likely has a strong allegiance with them.

Gone are the days when it was appealing to play for AW, as are the days players signed to play alongside our big stars.

Plus I was picking up on comments from another thread hence the reason I asked him if he made it up.

KSE Comedy Club
20-06-2011, 10:05 AM
[/SIZE][/FONT]
:unsure:

Come on flavs, spill the beans, is this genuine rumour or bullshit :threaten:

selassie
20-06-2011, 11:55 AM

I'm going to be a spoil sport and say even if it's true we won't pay him 150K per week so it's never going to happen.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 11:57 AM

Will be in the papers tomorrow but how true are any of these stories nowadays anyway?

selassie
20-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Will be in the papers tomorrow but how true are any of these stories nowadays anyway?

I never realised you were a Journo Flavs? :o ;)

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Sign him up

Letters
20-06-2011, 12:06 PM
They're fair comments.....

They're not massively unfair but they are made up. You don't know what's going on in his head any more than I (assuming we actually are after him).

Özim
20-06-2011, 12:33 PM
They're not massively unfair but they are made up. You don't know what's going on in his head any more than I (assuming we actually are after him).
So if these are true do you reckon he would sign for us? I definitely don't, not after playing for Chelsea.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I never realised you were a Journo Flavs? :o ;)

Neither did i till i started seeing my joke threads appearing as actual transfer stories

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 01:19 PM

This, If it is true would be a good signing.

Letters
20-06-2011, 01:20 PM
So if these are true do you reckon he would sign for us? I definitely don't, not after playing for Chelsea.

Who knows? Gallas came to us from there and it was arguably to a less successful club at the time.
I don't know what's going on either in terms of whether we're really after Drogba or how he feels about it if we are.
Nor do you.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Hes a bit shit now though isnt he?

I mean he didnt even score past us at the Emirates last season. Sure sign of a declining player that always scores against us

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Hes a bit shit now though isnt he?

I mean he didnt even score past us at the Emirates last season. Sure sign of a declining player that always scores against us

no way is he shit, i mean id rather we got eto but he'd still do a job and is better then what we have

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:29 PM
no way is he shit, i mean id rather we got eto but he'd still do a job and is better then what we have

A man with one leg with a terminal illness and is also blind is better than what we have so that doesnt really say much. Drogba had a bit of a shocker last season. Wouldnt mind him though

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2011, 02:15 PM
can see Drogba going for one last huurah and why not with us......wasn't at his best last year but reckon this giy has a nasty strek in him and if given another chance would relish sticking it to Chelsea for not believing in him

I mean Chelsea is probably one of the only reams he hasnt scored against......cant remember any ogs!!?

Özim
20-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Who knows? Gallas came to us from there and it was arguably to a less successful club at the time.
I don't know what's going on either in terms of whether we're really after Drogba or how he feels about it if we are.
Nor do you.
Well that's blatantly not true, we hadn't gone 6 years without a trophy then...moreover Gallas was desperate to leave the window was about to close and we were his only option.

We don't know what he's thinking obviously, but he's a winner and I can't see him being interested in playing for a club who aren't.

Coney
20-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Well that's blatantly not true, we hadn't gone 6 years without a trophy then...moreover Gallas was desperate to leave the window was about to close and we were his only option.

We don't know what he's thinking obviously, but he's a winner and I can't see him being interested in playing for a club who aren't.

...unless he thinks he is the guy that will tip the balance. And the funny thing is, he might be.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 02:38 PM
...unless he thinks he is the guy that will tip the balance. And the funny thing is, he might be.
:gp:

He is great at defending set-pieces. Fuck Samba, get in Drog-Bar as our new CB.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Well apparently its us, besiktas, olympiakos or Spurs

tough choice :unsure:

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Forget Drogba and go for the new version, Lukaku

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Who we couldn't afford and seems destined to go to Chelsea or any other super-rich club?

Flavs
20-06-2011, 02:42 PM

He is signing for Chelsea hence Drogba is off

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/Images/worldcupbadges/chevronchelsea.pngDrogba offered Spain future.

Didier Drogba is to be offered an exit route from Chelsea this summer, according to The Metro. Spanish side Malaga are rumoured to be interested in the services of the Ivorian and are now planning a bid.

The Spanish side are aware that Chelsea will be reluctant to sell Didier, as he is a clear fan favourite at SW6, but feel convinced they can lure him away with the promise of regular football.

With Fernando Torres already at the club and Chelsea’s apparent interest in signing Romelu Lukaku and Neymar, there is no guarantee that Drogba will still hold a starting place in the squad. And Malaga believe this could very well prompt a move for the 33-year-old.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_8038_chelsea-news-barcelona-striker-link-drogba-offered-spain-future-ballack-ends-international-career.html

Özim
20-06-2011, 03:02 PM
You'd have to be a fool to believe that, everyone knows we can't defend for toffee!

Hump
20-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I'd heard on the ol' grapevine that Bendtner is going the other way as part of the deal.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I'd heard on the ol' grapevine that Bendtner is going the other way as part of the deal.
:haha:

Worst.

Deal.

Ever.

Letters
20-06-2011, 03:40 PM

What is blatently not true?
I said
"Gallas came to us from there" - obviously true.
"and it was arguably to a less successful club at the time." - is this the part you dispute?
Gallas came to us in the summer of 2006.
Chelsea were champions and had been the previous season too.
Arsenal had won nothing and had just finished on 67 points, our lowest tally in a decade, and had only just scraped into the top 4 on the last day of the season.
So yes. It is true.
All the reasons you cite for Drogba not wanting to come to us could have equally be said of Gallas.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Now I know this cant be serious
lets hope a deal gets done before their new manager lands, or lets pray he doesnt know who Nic is
chances are that we could get more out of 2 goods years of Drogba than a whole career of Nic

Özim
20-06-2011, 03:56 PM
What is blatently not true?
I said
"Gallas came to us from there" - obviously true.
"and it was arguably to a less successful club at the time." - is this the part you dispute?
Gallas came to us in the summer of 2006.
Chelsea were champions and had been the previous season too.
Arsenal had won nothing and had just finished on 67 points, our lowest tally in a decade, and had only just scraped into the top 4 on the last day of the season.
So yes. It is true.
All the reasons you cite for Drogba not wanting to come to us could have equally be said of Gallas.
I'm disputing the success part, as I said we hadn't gone 6 years without a trophy. One bad season (where we got to the CL final incidentally) is not the same as 6 bad ones without success.

Also Drogba will have other options, Gallas didn't have seeing as it was the end of the transfer window so the same reasons don't apply to both.

In 2005 we won the FA Cup as well so Gallas didn't think he was coming to a club happy to be 4th.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Now I know this cant be serious
lets hope a deal gets done before their new manager lands, or lets pray he doesnt know who Nic is
chances are that we could get more out of 2 goods years of Drogba than a whole career of Nic

Knowing our luck nic will go to the chavs and look world class while drogba under aw will looka shell of himself lol

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Knowing our luck nic will go to the chavs and look world class while drogba under aw will looka shell of himself lol

word

seriously tho worth a punt if there is any truth in the rumour (which there isn't me thinks!)

have RvP playing behind and we could be looking at Bergkamp/Wrighty Mark II

Flavs
23-06-2011, 09:43 AM
THis hasnt appeared yet but rumours about Moussa Sisokho have started to appear :lol: