PDA

View Full Version : Fabregas goes to Barca for £35million

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

isv
20-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Dont shoot me down, but just had a text from a mate who works with people that work for the PFA, he says that Fabregas has gone to Barca for £35mill..

Flavs
20-06-2011, 09:42 AM
doubt it sunshine as we are holding out for more, unless someone is coming the other way.

LDG
20-06-2011, 09:43 AM
If true. Would be a great signing.

Oh.

:ilt:

isv
20-06-2011, 09:44 AM
doubt it sunshine as we are holding out for more, unless someone is coming the other way.

That was the text i wrote back, just waiting for a reply on that one.

Letters
20-06-2011, 09:46 AM
If true. Would be a great signing.

Oh.

:ilt:

Don't massively care if he goes. With Wilshere emerging and Ramsey coming back and looking good we're fine in midfield.
£35m could get us a proper defence.

LDG
20-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Don't massively care if he goes. With Wilshere emerging and Ramsey coming back and looking good we're fine in midfield.

Nah, I'm with you mate. He slows us down too much. Been saying it for years. I don't care what the stats say. He may be the one who creates the most chances....but there's a reason for that....he's the only one we rely on.

Rather see the stats more evenly spread tbh.

I still want to see Arshavin in that position anyway.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 09:50 AM

You dont care if one of the best midfielders in teh world wanders out the door for far less than he is worth to a champions league rival when we have a massive gap in talent between him and the rest of our midfield and with a manager who hates spending money and probably wont buy a replacement?

Boss
20-06-2011, 09:52 AM
You dont care if one of the best midfielders in teh world wanders out the door for far less than he is worth to a champions league rival when we have a massive gap in talent between him and the rest of our midfield and with a manager who hates spending money and probably wont buy a replacement?

Good to see someone is sorting out this kind of crackhead thinking.

35M is way too low for one of the top five midfielders in the world who has 4 years left on his contract. Wenger needs to be slapped if this happens.

Grebbo
20-06-2011, 09:59 AM
We need Levy to negotiate for us!

If we sell for less than £50m then the board should be hung,

LDG

If we're not getting more than 35mil, I'll be pissed off. But I can't see we'd let him go so cheaply.

Secondly, we are over-reliant on him. It's about time we started playing as a team, creating chances from other positions. We're so one-dimensional when he's on the field it's untrue...and this has been our problem for a long time. I'm not fussed if he goes....we're too slow in our current game, becuase it's all based around him. We'll never use the pace of Theo, and to a degree Arshavin etc with Fabregas in the side. We're too continental.

I'd much rather we got the ball forward quicker, rather than pussy-footing around with passing backwards and forwards to Febregas. He's a brilliant player, don't get me wrong, but he's not the answer to Arsenals problems, because a lot of them stem from his inclusion in the team.

He's not a captain, and we're better suited playing a different game in the Prem.

Also, mark my words. The geezer's hammys are fucked. He'll be dead in a few years. Seriously, I think he's burnt out like Owen was. Once you do your hamstrings, they keep going and never properly heal.

Özim
35 million these days isn't much, but then they also got Villa at a reduced fee.

At the end of the day he's one of our two star players, if we sold him for that the value of each and every other player we have will be measured against that.

Think he's worth more seeing as he's been such a key player, but we've been known to sell key players for surprisingly low amounts, especially after getting one more year out of them.

KSE Comedy Club
20-06-2011, 10:02 AM
£35m plus david villa :cloud9:

Flavs
20-06-2011, 10:04 AM
If we're not getting more than 35mil, I'll be pissed off. But I can't see we'd let him go so cheaply.

Secondly, we are over-reliant on him. It's about time we started playing as a team, creating chances from other positions. We're so one-dimensional when he's on the field it's untrue...and this has been our problem for a long time. I'm not fussed if he goes....we're too slow in our current game, becuase it's all based around him. We'll never use the pace of Theo, and to a degree Arshavin etc with Fabregas in the side. We're too continental.

I'd much rather we got the ball forward quicker, rather than pussy-footing around with passing backwards and forwards to Febregas. He's a brilliant player, don't get me wrong, but he's not the answer to Arsenals problems, because a lot of them stem from his inclusion in the team.

He's not a captain, and we're better suited playing a different game in the Prem.

Also, mark my words. The geezer's hammys are fucked. He'll be dead in a few years. Seriously, I think he's burnt out like Owen was. Once you do your hamstrings, they keep going and never properly heal.

Thing is boss, look how good we were at the end of the season without him...

We need this kind of player, while i accept it might not be the man himself we need a creative, up for it, world class ball player and ic ant see us picking one up for £35mil thats for sure.

I agree about his hamstrings but this will be the first summer since 2007 he has had a full holiday, 4 years FFS its no wonder he looks knackered.

As someone above says it should be at least £50mil, if blody Andy Carrol is worth £35 Cesc is at least £50 including GHEL tax

Özim
20-06-2011, 10:04 AM
£35m plus david villa :cloud9:
Apparently if you believe the reports they're touting him out to Chelsea and Man City, we've not been mentioned. If these reports are true then you can only assume they don't want to include him in a PX deal (thinking they'll get less than he's worth from us), we're not inerested, or he's just not interested in playing for us.

LDG
20-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Thing is boss, look how good we were at the end of the season without him...

We need this kind of player, while i accept it might not be the man himself we need a creative, up for it, world class ball player and ic ant see us picking one up for £35mil thats for sure.

I agree about his hamstrings but this will be the first summer since 2007 he has had a full holiday, 4 years FFS its no wonder he looks knackered.

As someone above says it should be at least £50mil, if blody Andy Carrol is worth £35 Cesc is at least £50 including GHEL tax

No I agree on the price. Bloody right too.

However; We'll never learn to play without him, until we play without him, if you get my meaning. Yes, we miss him when he's not playing, but that's because we rely on him too much...especially when you play the passing game we do. In order to play that style you need a fabregas....but I don't think we should be playing the way we do...

i) because Barca have shown us that you need at least 4 Fabregas's in your side to make it successful
ii) We have so many other talented players which are NEVER used to their full potential because passy pass isn't suitable to them....which is a massive waste
iii) We have been worked out time and time again. Teams know how to play against it...and as Barca have shown, unless you can play that high quality 100% of the time, it doesn't work

We need to suck it up.

Yes. He's one of the best in the world.

But. We shouldn't be scared of trying something new. I would have thought that was obvious to all and sundry right now. We need a change.

Letters
20-06-2011, 10:36 AM

I don't think it's far less than he's worth (yes, some clubs are throwing silly money around but in the real world he's not worth more IMO).
Anywhere he goes will be a CL rival, he's not going to sign for Spurs is he?
And I don't agree we have a gap talent between him and the rest of our midfield at all. We've played large parts of recent seasons without him when he's had injuries and results haven't suffered. We'll be fine, don't you worry your pretty little head.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 10:43 AM
.We shouldn't be scared of trying something new. I would have thought that was obvious to all and sundry right now. We need a change.

tis funny but i was talking to a mate the other night who is a wolves fan and he made the point we have the players to actually make a very good 3-5-2 with wing backs team. It would make us stronger at the back while giving Clichy and Sagna the license to roam forward but having cover for them at the back.

I agreed but couldnt see us doing it as Fabregas would have to play a different game.

Ideally we should change formation and tactics but keep our best players of course

LDG
20-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, we should change formation and tactics, but I don't think Fabregas will ever speed up his game.

We need more thrust from the middle than he gives us. I think Ramsey/Wilshire will fill that role eventually, but they need a couple of years yet. The reason being is that Ramsey spots a long pass early, and Wilshire can do that forward running with the ball.

If we get rid of Fabregas we have two players that will do the job comfortably. Yes they may not be quite as good as Fab, but they'll do the job better IMO. It's just like saying Park for Utd isn't as good as Nani....but he does the job.....mind you I think Wilshire will be just as good as Cesc eventually.

If we get rid of Cesc, we may need cover, but we don't need a 50mil player to do that. We just need to keep hold of Nasri/Arshavin, or draft in someone comfortable on the ball....preferably with more pace.

LDG
20-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Just to add.

Yes we may miss him for a bit. But you adapt. Whilst he's still at the club, we saw no reason to adapt, even when he's out of the side.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Just to add.

Yes we may miss him for a bit. But you adapt. Whilst he's still at the club, we saw no reason to adapt, even when he's out of the side.

I just hope Nasri isnt holding out to see if Fabregas goes before he commits or we could end up losing both of them

LDG
20-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I just hope Nasri isnt holding out to see if Fabregas goes before he commits or we could end up losing both of them

Or conversely, he could be in for his windfall should Fabregas go....and play in his more favoured position....he certainly has more pace and directness to his game which could be a great option for us....

Xhaka Can’t
20-06-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't believe this rumour. £35m is too round a figure when the deal is going to be conducted in Euros.

Coney
20-06-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't believe this rumour. £35m is too round a figure when the deal is going to be conducted in Euros.

Maybe it is in sterling because of the impending collapse of the Euro due to it being doomed to failure from the outset because it depends on disparate economies rather than an organised common fiscal policy. :unsure:

Flavs
20-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Or conversely, he could be in for his windfall should Fabregas go....and play in his more favoured position....he certainly has more pace and directness to his game which could be a great option for us....

of course this is true as well. Depends on the man.

Hmm thinking now though

-------------------Goalie----------------

--------Vermaelen---Samba---Cahill/Kos---------

--Sagna--------------------------------Clichy/?-----

-------------------Song--------------------------

---------Fabregas----------Windsheer/NAsri

----------RVP--------------Feo/Gervinho--------

Xhaka Can’t
20-06-2011, 11:17 AM
This being the same currency that I used to get 1.7 of to the pound rather than the 1.11 today?

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:18 AM
If true then we have crumbled again :doh:

Flavs
20-06-2011, 11:19 AM
being doomed to failure from the outset because it depends on disparate economies rather than an organised common fiscal policy.

So's your face

GP
20-06-2011, 11:25 AM
So's your face

epic burn

Xhaka Can’t
20-06-2011, 11:26 AM
epic burn

So's your face.

LDG
20-06-2011, 11:29 AM
epic burn

So's your face.

So's your thrush.

Alias
20-06-2011, 11:33 AM
35m is nothing in this market if Kaka went to madrid for 55m. Yet again Wenger shows complete ineptitude in the market, clueless. And if we dont get Villa in a part deal AND he goes to one of our rivals then what the actual fuck.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Kaka back then was a far better player than what Cesc is now so dont see your point there.

But we should get more than £35m. Is Cesc worth the same as Carroll? Like fuck he is

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 11:35 AM
If we are prepared to sell him then I really hope we have several targets lined up.

Personally I'll just be glad to get some closure on this saga, it's fucking boring and needs to be nipped in a bud one way or another.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Kaka back then was a far better player than what Cesc is now

Not really, Kaka had been broken for 2 years by then, and he hasnt exactly set the world alight at Real has he

Özim
20-06-2011, 11:50 AM
If we are prepared to sell him then I really hope we have several targets lined up.
Probably not, in reality we should have someone sign up before we sell but it never works that way.

Syn
20-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't get why people get wound up about the price. £20m, £35m or £50m...is it going to make much difference to what we spend?

And even if it does, our problems are far too deep-rooted to sort out with a couple of good players. Not fussed about summer signings at all right now. It might give an injection for the couple of early months that we tend to do well in anyway, and then the effect will wear out and the new players will get infected.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't get why people get wound up about the price. £20m, £35m or £50m...is it going to make much difference to what we spend?

And even if it does, our problems are far too deep-rooted to sort out with a couple of good players. Not fussed about summer signings at all right now. It might give an injection for the couple of early months that we tend to do well in anyway, and then the effect will wear out and the new players will get infected.
Wengeritis is deadly tbh.

As of yet, there is no cure.

selassie
20-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Numbers schmumbers, who cares what we get, we won't spend it anyway.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't get why people get wound up about the price. £20m, £35m or £50m...is it going to make much difference to what we spend?.

well yes it will obviosuly, i thought your GNVQ in economics might give you an insight there really, kind of dissapointed in you.

Syn
20-06-2011, 12:05 PM
:lol:

Toronto Gooner
20-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Nothing yet on the rumour mills (as found on Newsnow), which is highly unusual given that the "story" has come from a "friend" with connections to the PFA.

Darth Vela
20-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Nah, if only for reasons of pride we're going to hold out for something higher than 35m, it sends completely the wrong message if we sell our captain and talisman etc. etc. on the cheap as well.

Hump
20-06-2011, 03:06 PM
PFA - I take it that is the Pigeon Fanciers Association? So it's 1-0 to the Arsenal in the 89th minute of the Champs League final - Cesc in the Blue and Red is bearing down on goal the only thing between him and the goal is Joey Barton. What happens next?

NEWS FLASH http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2005729/Arsenal-star-Cesc-Fabregas-holidays-mystery-brunette-just-month-split-girlfriend.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2011, 03:15 PM
35 mil is too cheap after we have heard other figures quoted.......unless there is a player being thrown in on top but am not holding my breath

if he goes he goes but the dosh should go to the war chest.........we will need another midfielder as we cant rely on just what we have and could this mean Eto......his signing may have made Cesc think about staying but then a again

Cesc likes plenty to get hold on I see.....cheers Hump

milla
20-06-2011, 03:16 PM
PFA - I take it that is the Pigeon Fanciers Association? So it's 1-0 to the Arsenal in the 89th minute of the Champs League final - Cesc in the Blue and Red is bearing down on goal the only thing between him and the goal is Joey Barton. What happens next?

NEWS FLASH http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2005729/Arsenal-star-Cesc-Fabregas-holidays-mystery-brunette-just-month-split-girlfriend.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/20/article-2005729-0CA3CE9200000578-64_306x702.jpg
fatty :thumbsdown:

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Last edited by Hump; Today at 04:10 PM. Reason: Gratuitous Pics

:lol:

Hump
20-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Like you'd say no

LDG
20-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Fuck me, cesc got himself a busted sofa.

GP
20-06-2011, 06:19 PM
So's your face.

:(

selassie
20-06-2011, 07:39 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/20/article-2005729-0CA3CE9200000578-64_306x702.jpg

Pescy Cescy has been feeding her too much Paella?

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Junk in the trunk. :bow:

Injury Time
20-06-2011, 07:44 PM
junkyard in the trunk. :bow:

efa

Bergkampwonderland10
20-06-2011, 07:53 PM
You guys are unbelievable!!
I really don;t see us selling for 35million even if there is only one club bidding. I hope Barca fly all the way over to London and get told exactly as they have been told before - 50million or nothing.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I really don;t see us selling for 35million even if there is only one club bidding. I hope Barca fly all the way over to London and get told exactly as they have been told before - 50million or nothing.

We wont sell for £35m

It'll be for less and on the last day of the window as well.

We will then flop during the season and Wenger will blame Cesc leaving us on the last day of the window giving us no time to buy a replacement and you will hear millions and the millions of Arsenal fans go :doh: at the same time

True story

Coney
20-06-2011, 08:11 PM
This being the same currency that I used to get 1.7 of to the pound rather than the 1.11 today?

Give it a few weeks and you'll get 10 to the pound!

The Euro. :pal:

Coney
20-06-2011, 08:17 PM
On today's Arseblog...

Cesc Fabregas has more assists in top 5 leagues in last 5 seasons than any other player, ahead of Dani Alves, Messi & Xavi.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Muck about is she a fatty, a curvey beauty she is.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Do you really believe we will get more the 35Mill no way, we will buckle or get a player exchange, AW really should go after Villa and ibrahim afellay plus £35 mill now that would be a deal.

Letters
20-06-2011, 08:58 PM
On today's Arseblog...

Cesc Fabregas has more assists in top 5 leagues in last 5 seasons than any other player, ahead of Dani Alves, Messi & Xavi.

Interesting. Although we have gone on extended runs when he's been injured and haven't fallen apart, we just play in a different way without him (like we did after Henry went). Every year his contract goes down we're in a worse and worse bargaining position, eventually he could go on a Bosman. IMO it's time to get rid unless he's going to sign a new contract which is unlikely.

Xhaka Can’t
20-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Give it a few weeks and you'll get 10 to the pound!

The Euro. :pal:

Did anyone ever tell you you're hilarious?

Xhaka Can’t
20-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Interesting. Although we have gone on extended runs when he's been injured and haven't fallen apart, we just play in a different way without him (like we did after Henry went). Every year his contract goes down we're in a worse and worse bargaining position, eventually he could go on a Bosman. IMO it's time to get rid unless he's going to sign a new contract which is unlikely.

We need a new start, Barca are the only team he'll go to, they want him but can live without him. They can't afford more. We'll be lucky to get £35m.

Ollie the Optimist
21-06-2011, 12:18 AM
if i was fabregas, i would be getting a little annoyed with barcelona. they claim they want him etc but keep releasing statements saying he isnt as valubale, refuse to actually enter any talks with Arsenal, refuse to spend over a certain amount yet they do this for no one else, they bid willy nilly and pay stupid money

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 01:02 AM
if i was fabregas, i would be getting a little annoyed with barcelona. they claim they want him etc but keep releasing statements saying he isnt as valubale, refuse to actually enter any talks with Arsenal, refuse to spend over a certain amount yet they do this for no one else, they bid willy nilly and pay stupid money
I would agree with you if I believed that Fabregas and his advisers were completely in the dark over this activity. However, I do not: I believe that this is all part of a strategy that they have been involved in developing.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 01:06 AM
http://m.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=2540825&SID=mm4i09tb7akqta2v4kv5s6l147

Looks like Cesc is staying

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Fucking Barca cunts. They start the whole rumour thing, have a conversation with themselves about the price, never fucking talk to Arsenal, they do all their talking through the media. And then the cunts claim they won't be held to ransom! That's like some twat holding a gun to his own head and telling himself to stay the fuck still or he'll get his nut blown off. Arsenal aren't even in this conversation, all we said was £50mill minimum. Which bit do those cunts in Barcelona not get?

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 06:44 AM
The trouble is we allow it to continue by maintaining a 'dignified silence'.

Why not get Gazidis to make a statement to the press, basically calling them cunts and tell them how it is.

Cesc is our player and we set the price, either pay it of STFU and GTFO!

dazthegooner
21-06-2011, 06:45 AM
It would be funny if he ended up at Madrid and Cesc hasn't ruled it out either.

Tony Tuesdays
21-06-2011, 07:01 AM

That.

I think they're doing this purely to curry favour with their fans. They simply don't have the funds to buy him but, they continue to falsely raise Cesc's and the fans' hopes.

They're just being w*nkers.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 07:17 AM
and again this morning in the press they make fools of themselves by saying he isnt worth 40mil euro's which is clearly bollocks. I wondeer at times if Roselli realises just what a clown he makes himself look.

In otehr news Abidal has told them to do one and he is off to Real Madrid :good:

Coney
21-06-2011, 07:18 AM

Why not get Gazidis to make a statement to the press, basically calling them cunts and tell them how it is.

Cesc is our player and we set the price, either pay it of STFU and GTFO!

Because Gazidis is not stupid and will not burn our bridges. There may come a time when we want to do a deal with Barca, so we are keeping our powder dry, I think. No doubt Cesc is being kept informed by Gazidis / Wenger and is aware if they have made a serious offer for him. If, as looks likely, it is just Barca producing fodder for their fans, Cesc will be aware of that. Using him in that way is hardly going to impress him and will make him less likely to move - especially that crap about him being worth less now. That is so obviously bollocks.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 07:18 AM

We are being morally superior, Wenger said last summer he wasnt for sale and this year PHW has said unless they make a realistic offer we arent interested, thats as plain as we need to make it.

LDG
21-06-2011, 08:17 AM
It's funny cos he's called Sandra.

Letters
21-06-2011, 08:18 AM
It's funny cos he's called Sandra.

Racist :sulk:

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 08:32 AM
SSN just now:

Sandro rossell says pep know the value of players and he says Cesc is worth less than 35m euros.

Jog on mate.

Marc Overmars
21-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Laughable.

These are the very same cunts that spent 40m and Eto'o on Ibrahimovic. How much did they spend on that Ukrainian CB as well before flogging him back?

Haven't they bought Sanchez as well for 35m, on the back of one decent season?

If they're not prepared to pay they should just fuck off and Cesc should be offended that his club won't push the boat out for him.

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Laughable.

These are the very same cunts that spent 40m and Eto'o on Ibrahimovic. How much did they spend on that Ukrainian CB as well before flogging him back?

Haven't they bought Sanchez as well for 35m, on the back of one decent season?

If they're not prepared to pay they should just fuck off and Cesc should be offended that his club won't push the boat out for him.
True but they know they can't screw over every club, there's only a select few they feel confident of doing that to.

As for Cesc caring, not sure a player is too bothered about that....the amount they are bought for doesn't really matter.....if anything it's better to be bought for less as it's less pressure.

If they didn't value him they wouldn't be after him all the time.

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:46 AM
SSN just now:

Jog on mate.
F*ck me, it's Euro's now....get less by the day....by the end of the week he'll be worth 5 million Rupees.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Laughable.

How much did they spend on that Ukrainian CB as well before flogging him back?

27million Euros :pal:

All they want is Cesc to say he wants to go and thebn hand in a transfer request so they can get him cheap, its a measure of the boy that he hasnt done this and continues to simply keep quiet and refer them to Wenger every time.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 08:52 AM
the amount they are bought for doesn't really matter.....if anything it's better to be bought for less as it's less pressure.

Apart from the 10% of the transfer fee they get you mean

:rolleyes:

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Apart from the 10% of the transfer fee they get you mean

:rolleyes:
That's not set in stone, the % can be adjusted according to the agreement in place. Plus he has plenty of money anyway and will still get a hefty chunk.....he doesn't want to go for the money.

Letters
21-06-2011, 08:55 AM
F*ck me, it's Euro's now....get less by the day....by the end of the week he'll be worth 5 million Rupees.

Or Euros!

:coney:

:chortle:

Flavs
21-06-2011, 08:55 AM
he doesn't want to go for the money.

This is why i dont get you Zimster, one minte you are saying they are all mercenary's and dont care about the club and just want "mo money" then you say things like that?

Flavs
21-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Or Euros!

:chortle:

They dont use Euro's in India

Alan B'stard
21-06-2011, 08:56 AM

All they want is Cesc to say he wants to go and thebn hand in a transfer request so they can get him cheap, its a measure of the boy that he hasnt done this and continues to simply keep quiet and refer them to Wenger every time.

whats wrong with that - we werent exactly nice to bordeaux and spurs over chamakh and campbell

Letters
21-06-2011, 08:58 AM
This is why i dont get you Zimster, one minte you are saying they are all mercenary's and dont care about the club and just want "mo money" then you say things like that?

There go the goalposts!

Özim
I never said they all are, I said a lot of them are.

In this case I think he just wants to play for his hometown club who happen to be the best in the world, it's not about money for him IMO.

RVP isn't about money either.

I actually think that after 8 years with us where we've not delivered what we should, he's entitled to a move personally. I think that in a more successful team his game could go to another level.

Özim
There go the goalposts!
Bullsh*t

Flavs
21-06-2011, 08:59 AM
whats wrong with that - we werent exactly nice to bordeaux and spurs over chamakh and campbell

Not even close to being the same mate. We did that privately and as properly as the situation allowed. We didnt spend 3 years in the press essentially tapping the player up, we didnt have our players releasing statements saying they want to come to us, we idnt have Seaman putting an Arsenal shirt in them at a party and we certainly didnt have our best gayboy CB stating how his best friend wants to join him

selassie
21-06-2011, 10:15 AM
SSN just now:

Jog on mate.

I think they are bitterly disappointed that they let him go for peanuts and now we're demanding big money for him and rightly so.

He may have Barca DNA but we should milk those c*nts for all they are worth.

LDG
21-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Can't wait for the next one. We've got them two nippers from them this summer haven't we? Lol.

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I can't help but think we poached a few more just to piss Barca off a little more; they've got good potential no doubt but would we be as willing to take a few a year if we wanted Barca's good will? I doubt it.

Joker
21-06-2011, 10:57 AM
If Cesc does stay, I hope he puts in a better shift compared to last season. I know it's impossible to be certain, but there were times when I didn't think his heart was completely in it, and as captain he wasn't setting the example as he should have been doing. I know he's not a Roy Keane type captain who'll be in your face and bark orders etc, but in the past he led by example by continually demanding the ball, and acting as the hub of all our attacks. Last season, especially at the tail end of the season when we needed him to be on form, he performed really poorly, and just seemed to be coasting through games. If he does stay, we need him to be totally focused on Arsenal, and if he can't be then it's either best to sell him or keep him out of the team, because he's no use to us playing like he did last season.

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 11:14 AM

The fact that he has not put in a transfer request is more to do with the fact that he would lose his signing on fee (around 2.5 million) and that it is part of a carefully planned strategy to maintain his "good standing" with as many Arsenal fans as possible.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:14 AM
SSN:

Barcelona have said that they will offer less than the £35m they offered last season for Cesc Fabregas and if Arsenal dont accept, then that will be the end of the matter.

Ok, glad thats put to bed then.

Looks like he is staying guys.

Alias
21-06-2011, 11:24 AM
35m.. they really are fucking stingy cunts. I would laugh my arse off if we sell him to Madrid now, just to piss Barca off.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:25 AM
35m.. they really are fucking stingy cunts. I would laugh my arse off if we sell him to Madrid now, just to piss Barca off.

No, no......less than £35m

LDG
21-06-2011, 11:27 AM
It's daylight wobberwy!!!

Alias
21-06-2011, 11:42 AM
haha yeah i realised once i wrote that. THE MASSIVE CHEAP CUNTS

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 01:07 PM
If Cesc does stay, I hope he puts in a better shift compared to last season. I know it's impossible to be certain, but there were times when I didn't think his heart was completely in it, and as captain he wasn't setting the example as he should have been doing. I know he's not a Roy Keane type captain who'll be in your face and bark orders etc, but in the past he led by example by continually demanding the ball, and acting as the hub of all our attacks. Last season, especially at the tail end of the season when we needed him to be on form, he performed really poorly, and just seemed to be coasting through games. If he does stay, we need him to be totally focused on Arsenal, and if he can't be then it's either best to sell him or keep him out of the team, because he's no use to us playing like he did last season.

:gp:

Hopefully Citeh and Real Madrid come in for him with silly money and he can put in half-arsed performances for them instead. If he's always pining for Barca, it's best to cash in and let him pine elswewhere.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 01:09 PM

Hopefully Citeh and Real Madrid come in for him with silly money and he can put in half-arsed performances for them instead. If he's always pining for Barca, it's best to cash in and let him pine elswewhere.

Had enough of Cesc.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Barca saying they won't pay over the odds for Cesc

in that case are the odds that he stays?

there goes our summer spending spree :-(

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Barca saying they won't pay over the odds for Cesc

in that case are the odds that he stays?

there goes our summer spending spree :-(

No the odds id say are Wenger doing as Barca wants as usual (Petit, Overmars, Henry etc) and sell for how much Barca want rather than how much we want

Letters
21-06-2011, 03:16 PM
No the odds id say are Wenger doing as Barca wants as usual (Petit, Overmars, Henry etc) and sell for how much Barca want rather than how much we want

Wenger told them to sod right off last year. When we sold Petit and Overmars we went on to more success and Henry was on his last legs when we sold him. Ultimately players go if they want and if Cesc won't sign a new contract then Wenger's hand will be forced but he's not taken any crap from them so far.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2011, 03:24 PM
although we should ideally want more........35 mil is not to be sniffed at.......we can do a fair bit with that........we are going to keep hearing it nd every year the price is going to go down as I cant see Cesc put in the kind of shift that is going to make his price sky rocket

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 03:30 PM
although we should ideally want more........35 mil is not to be sniffed at.......we can do a fair bit with that........
Absolutely, it will pay for GW's get together in August.:)

Özim
21-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Wenger told them to sod right off last year. When we sold Petit and Overmars we went on to more success and Henry was on his last legs when we sold him. Ultimately players go if they want and if Cesc won't sign a new contract then Wenger's hand will be forced but he's not taken any crap from them so far.
When Henry was bought he was still one of the world's best players, he did also score a few for Barca and won the CL with them, the price they paid for a player of his level was shocking IMO.

Wenger before we sold Petit and Overmars reiterated the fact they were not for sale, in the end they went....but he didn't want to sell them.

What happens afterwards doesn't change the fact that Barca got what they wanted, not us.

With Cesc they kicked up a fuss and we as good as gave them Van Bronckhorst, we've got a history of giving into them tbh.

With Cesc they hold all the aces unfortunately, he's desperate to go back and they know that...we also know next year he'll be worth less if we hold onto him. Our only chance is to get someone else to bid for him.

We held onto to Henry for one more year and lost 31 million in the end, we've held onto Cesc for one more year, be interesting to see what happens value wise, maybe Wenger asked him for one more year to prove we can succeed and thus will be forced to sell him cut price after making an agreement last summer.

Letters
21-06-2011, 07:29 PM
You're always going to spin everything to make Wenger look like an idiot.
You clearly hate him and the club.

Henry was past his best when we sold him, he did score for Barca but was nowhere near as prolific as he'd been for us.

You seem to be simultaneously complaining that we sell players and that we hold on to them too long :shrug:
Whatever fits your agenda I guess.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Henry was Barcas top scorer in his first season there and then hit 30+ the 2nd season when they won the treble.

Dont think selling Henry was the problem, selling him for £16m was.

I mean seriously, wtf? His left foot is worth that alone. Barca must have been laughing their heads off they got him that cheap.

Özim
21-06-2011, 07:34 PM
You're always going to spin everything to make Wenger look like an idiot.
You clearly hate him and the club.

Henry was past his best when we sold him, he did score for Barca but was nowhere near as prolific as he'd been for us.

You seem to be simultaneously complaining that we sell players and that we hold on to them too long :shrug:
Whatever fits your agenda I guess.
Conversely you've always got some spin to make him look good and yeah can't really stand the guy these days, he's done great things in the past...but that was a long time ago and I'm sick and tired of him and his ways.

As for hating the club sorry but that's BS.

Henry when he left was still a top player, Barca wouldn't have wanted him otherwise..face the facts they don't spend money on players they think are past their best. He'd just had a stop start season but he was still one of the best around, we got screwed over at the time....in hindisght it might have been a good deal to you but IMO we should have got a lot more seeing as we could have got 50 million a year before.

I'm not complaining that we sell players, it's always going to happen because we never win anything and barely have any star players it's a fact of life....I'd like it to be different but it is what it is....we've made our bed. If Cesc leaves I won't hold it against him as he's done his bit and Wenger hasn't delivered.....just think we'll end up giving them a deal they want.

Özim
21-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Henry was Barcas top scorer in his first season there and then hit 30+ the 2nd season when they won the treble.

I mean seriously, wtf? His left foot is worth that alone. Barca must have been laughing their heads off they got him that cheap.
Spot on, we sold him and that's fine but the money we got was scandalous for a player of his level......to a club who were desperate to sign him as well.

Letters
21-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I've checked the stats, he was nowhere near as prolific as he'd been for us and he was 30, clearly past his peak and never going to go for as much as he would have a couple of years previously. End of the day players have the power these days. We dealt with Barca and Cesc well last summer, every year our position gets weaker and we can't do anything about that so I reckon we should get rid now while we're still in a fairly strong position.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Spot on, we sold him and that's fine but the money we got was scandalous for a player of his level......to a club who were desperate to sign him as well.

And that is why we think its going to happen with Cesc as well.

Would not be surprised at all if we sold him for around £20m.

Wenger stands up against Real when they chased Vieira for how many years but for Barca, he bends over for them. A closet BBL me thinks

Letters
21-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Conversely you've always got some spin to make him look good.

No, I was very critical of Wenger at the tail end of the season after the embarrassing collapse.
But I'm not going to shift goalposts and spin EVERYTHING against him as you do.

Özim
21-06-2011, 07:45 PM
No, I was very critical of Wenger at the tail end of the season after the embarrassing collapse.
But I'm not going to shift goalposts and spin EVERYTHING against him as you do.
Yeah let's be honest, you didn't exactly have any choice, you'd have sounded ridiculous defending him after that calamitous collapse.

Our transfer policy is flawed IMO, Nasri and Clichy allowed to run down their contracts whilst nothing kids are signed up for 5 years+, we should keep the 1st teamers signed up and if we choose to sell them at least we'll get top money (especially as we seem so relucant to spend).

I agree with Cripps that the likely outcome is that we'll lose Cesc cut price, because we know that next season our position is further weakened. If you're going to try to convince your best players to stay based on a promise of success, then you need to deliver and spend money in the right areas if necessary. As I said Wenger probably had an agreement with Cesc to listen to offers after the magical "one more year".

If we lose Cesc we lose him, but I'd at least hope we get top dollar for him...with Barca seemingly being the only interested party and them coming out and saying he's not worth more than this and that, we're not in a great position. They might well be willing to wait one more season and get him for even less, who knows.

Power n Glory
21-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I've checked the stats, he was nowhere near as prolific as he'd been for us and he was 30, clearly past his peak and never going to go for as much as he would have a couple of years previously. End of the day players have the power these days. We dealt with Barca and Cesc well last summer, every year our position gets weaker and we can't do anything about that so I reckon we should get rid now while we're still in a fairly strong position.

We were duped. At 29 he was worth £50m but after a year he's worth £16m? I don't think so. Barca are trying to pull the same jedi mind trick with Cesc and we better not nod along this time. Henry, like many other strikers Barca have bought, didn't fit into their system. Had nothing to do with him being in decline. We didn't sell him at the right time because we got stiffed on the price and still couldn't win a trophy with Henry at the Emirates before he left. What makes it even more sour is the fact that we have done nothing tangible with the transfer cash. We've downgraded in the striker department and Henry has never been replaced.

Letters
21-06-2011, 08:04 PM
I call it like I see it. When I think Wenger deserves criticism I'll criticise.
I'm just not going to spin every single thing against him out of blind hatred though, that's ridiculous.

Xhaka Can’t
21-06-2011, 08:15 PM
With Cesc they hold all the aces unfortunately,

1. That simply is not true.
2. I'd love to play you at poker.

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:26 PM
1. That simply is not true.
2. I'd love to play you at poker.
How is that not true:

a) He wants to go to Barca
b) If we hold onto him another year his value drops further
c) He's not going to sign another contract let's be realistic
d) We convinced him to stay last summer, we don't know this but Wenger probably convinced him that last season was our year.
e) Seems to have a lot of friends at Barca

Sure we can keep hold of him, but the fact is in the end we'll lose even more money when he inevitably leaves

Xhaka Can’t
21-06-2011, 08:34 PM
They want him, we have him.

There'll be less to go on the contract next year but they'll be in greater need of him then unless they cut off their nose to spite their face - which would probably cost them more.

And even at that, we wouldnt need to sell him next year.

This aint pretty, but they are a long way away from holding all the aces.

How is that not true:

a) He wants to go to Barca
b) If we hold onto him another year his value drops further
c) He's not going to sign another contract let's be realistic
d) We convinced him to stay last summer, we don't know this but Wenger probably convinced him that last season was our year.
e) Seems to have a lot of friends at Barca

Sure we can keep hold of him, but the fact is in the end we'll lose even more money when he inevitably leaves

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:39 PM
They want him, we have him.

There'll be less to go on the contract next year but they'll be in greater need of him then unless they cut off their nose to spite their face - which would probably cost them more.

And even at that, we wouldnt need to sell him next year.

This aint pretty, but they are a long way away from holding all the aces.
Yes they do, but then they wanted Henry as well and still got him on the cheap. We also know he wants to go back, they could easily unsettle him seeing as he's friends with a load of their players.

Not sure why they would need him more next year, they want him, they don't need him.....the current midfield a few years left, the fact he has one less year left will surely mean they will be wanting to pay even less, next year he'd only have two years left on his contract.

Xhaka Can’t
21-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes they do, but then they wanted Henry as well and still got him on the cheap. We also know he wants to go back, they could easily unsettle him seeing as he's friends with a load of their players.

Not sure why they would need him more next year, they want him, they don't need him.....the current midfield a few years left, the fact he has one less year left will surely mean they will be wanting to pay even less, next year he'd only have two years left on his contract.

You have explained why they don't hold all the aces. Right now they are hoping to fill an inside straight.

You can't seriously want the club to fold now for £35m.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-06-2011, 09:56 PM
You have explained why they don't hold all the aces. Right now they are hoping to fill an inside straight.

You can't seriously want the club to fold now for £35m.

Don't you wish we just sold the tit ro Madrid for £5o mill if they are willing to pay it. LOl it killed to birds with one stone, piss off barca and end this saga.

Marc Overmars
21-06-2011, 10:07 PM
It would be a terrific 'fuck you' if we sold him for big bucks to Madrid.

Make it happen, Vinger.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 04:35 AM

selling him for £16m was.

I know it is now history but seriously.......wtff!?

how much is 16 mil in today's money?

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 04:38 AM
It would be a terrific 'fuck you' if we sold him for big bucks to Madrid.

Make it happen, Vinger.

:pray:

Özim
22-06-2011, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=GB.;11669]You have explained why they don't hold all the aces. Right now they are hoping

Master Splinter
22-06-2011, 08:47 AM
If I was vinger, I would ask for the 35 and a littleadd on.....Macherano.

The Argentinian Scott Parker?

Keep that shit away &rom here.

Selling to Real Madr)d or PSG for £60m is the only option.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Macherano NO - he will never come back to England to play - probably finish his career at somewhere like Celtic but never England - he was crap for Liverpool which is hard when you are playing along side Lucas

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 10:51 AM
The Argentinian Scott Parker?

Keep that shit away from here.

Selling to Real Madrid or PSG for £60m is the only option.

Problem is who else out of their players are we likely to get in exchange.
Can't see Villa coming here as he wants to stay in spain, or bojan(then again he is shit).

Like you said the only option is sell to madrid.

Jose m hates Barca so him signing fab would be a great way to stick it to barca.

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Its funny, I thought Barca said at the start of June that they only had 40m euros available for transfers, yet they have managed 30m euros for Sanchez and they are gonna offer 27.5m euros for Luis according to todays rumours.

So add to that the 30m euros they would offer us for Cesc, thats 87.5m euros.

Lying cunts.

Özim
22-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Problem is who else out of their players are we likely to get in exchange.
Can't see Villa coming here as he wants to stay in spain, or bojan(then again he is shit).

Like you said the only option is sell to madrid.

Jose m hates Barca so him signing fab would be a great way to stick it to barca.
They're trying to screw us over, funny thing is they don't seem to try it on with anyone else.

Must be because they know they're the only ones after him.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2011, 11:42 AM
I'd like us to get more but at the same time I wouldn't be happy to see us get 20 million next season.

Catch 22 for us, if Barca won't pay more I'd be tempted to sound out other clubs.

What is your gut feeling on what the Club should do assuming Barca are serious in any offer being under £35m/35m euro depending on reports?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Its funny, I thought Barca said at the start of June that they only had 40m euros available for transfers, yet they have managed 30m euros for Sanchez and they are gonna offer 27.5m euros for Luis according to todays rumours.

So add to that the 30m euros they would offer us for Cesc, thats 87.5m euros.

Lying cunts.

you forget though the papers say thay are selling bojan in exchange or sanchez so thy'd only pay lol 20 mill plus the player.

Villa is meaat to be going for £40 mill to city. so the money they make of of him could be for cesc.

like i said before i can't see villa leaving though.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 11:50 AM
They're trying to screw us over, funny thing is they don't seem to try it on with anyone else.

Must be because they know they're the only ones after him.

well until one party backs down the player is going no where.

end of the day if we kept him for 4 years and at the age of 28 he went on a free to barca would be have lost anything not really.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 11:59 AM
well until one party backs down the player is going no where.

end of the day if we kept him for 4 years and at the age of 28 he went on a free to barca would be have lost anything not really.

apart from keepibg hold of a player that doesnt want to be here
subsequently putting in half arsed performances which in turn proves to be detremental for the overall good of the team ranging from the fans to the board
denying us any kind of worthwhile transfer funds thus harming any hope we had of competing with the bigger clubs which in turn forces out of the top 4, CL and if we are lucky just about makes us a decent cup team if best

So we would lose much i suppose, youre right!:ilt:

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 12:20 PM
apart from keepibg hold of a player that doesnt want to be here
subsequently putting in half arsed performances which in turn proves to be detremental for the overall good of the team ranging from the fans to the board
denying us any kind of worthwhile transfer funds thus harming any hope we had of competing with the bigger clubs which in turn forces out of the top 4, CL and if we are lucky just about makes us a decent cup team if best

So we would lose much i suppose, youre right!:ilt:

It wouldnt work like that though.

If we did keep him for the next 4 years and he didnt perform, then the fans would turn on him and he'd be benched for a few weeks. He would soon get fed up of sitting there and not playing, he has got that winner in him and he would want to be involved to keep his playing edge, he'd still have the national team entry to consider too.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 12:24 PM
It wouldnt work like that though.

If we did keep him for the next 4 years and he didnt perform, then the fans would turn on him and he'd be benched for a few weeks. He would soon get fed up of sitting there and not playing, he has got that winner in him and he would want to be involved to keep his playing edge, he'd still have the national team entry to consider too.

this

Özim
22-06-2011, 12:54 PM
What is your gut feeling on what the Club should do assuming Barca are serious in any offer being under £35m/35m euro depending on reports?
I think they should sell him now but try and offer him to the likes of Madrid etc to push the price up, keeping him till next season will lower his value again.

Problem seems to be that he's willing to stay, thus offering him to someone else would p*ss him off no doubt....it's a tough one, but Barcelona are playing hardball too

The question is what can we get for 35 million, if we can get a couple top players it could be worth it, even if it's not what we wanted price wise.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 01:07 PM
point taken but I would seriously not like to see it come to that

I would hate to see the fans turn on Cesc like what happened with Ade, who brought it on himself which I suppose could be said if Cesc ever decided to go down a similar road

Of course making him see out his contract is well within our rights but by doing so we run the risk of having an unhappy player on our hands which from experience does not always bode well for the clubon a whole especially when the player happens to be our star and most valuable asset

We have to play this one clever as it could turn round and bite us on the arse, the power of the player and more still the agent is mind blowingly powerful, my point is this could be the year that we get to cash in on Cesc

Joker
22-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree that I would like to see Cesc leave this season, but only if we get a top quality replacement, and beyond that supplement the squad with quality all over the pitch. Cesc may be the captain, and losing him may send the wrong signals, but ultimately, we know he's going to leave eventually, and at the start of last season, most believed this would be his last attempt at winning something with us. Well, we failed again, and Cesc was as responsible as anyone else for that.

There's also the question that we need a change in mindset at the club, and while we don't need to abandon our style entirely, it does need changing, and a more pluralistic approach to our football is needed, where players are adaptable and can cope when facing different kinds of opposition. I just feel that Cesc, when the conditions are good, will look like a world beater, but when the conditions aren't exactly conducive for the type of football he likes playing, he loses effectiveness significantly.

This is not to forget the huge contribution he's made to us over the last 7 years, but I think it's time for change at Arsenal, not just with personnel but with attitude and philosophy, and given that we expect Cesc to leave eventually, and given that he in many epitomises the "Wenger project" more than any other player, I think it's the right time to sell him and try a different approach, that is less one dimensional and reliant on one player pulling the strings.

Özim
22-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Sad as it may be to see him leave, Cesc is much more of a Barca player than Arsenal player...their style will suit him to the ground and he'll excel there.

He's been great for us, but I've never been convinced his style of play was right for us or the Premiership, Wenger has tried to create a clone of Barca and we are a clone, but a far inferior one who can't realistically compete for trophies due to not having the same quality of personnel.

Reckon it's high time we switched back to a higher paced game.

Darth Vela
22-06-2011, 02:01 PM
It's not like we try to pass the ball slowly though, our game breaks down when our movement and work rate disappears not because we deliberately try to sabotage our own football by switching the speed to slow. In terms of Cesc, he used to slow our game down a lot more but is very effective in the Premiership now, some games I think he is less effective in than others and that's when other players need to realise that and stop looking for him to provide the only creativity.

The only benefit from him leaving would be that we'd play a more rigid 4-4-2 kinda formation more often, maybe trading the extra versatility for one of our best players would be worth it but I'm still not sure.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Speculation:
Reports in Italy suggest AC Milan could mount shock bid for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Alias
23-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Someone change the title of this thread, and the clichy one. Everytime I come into this forum I think theyve already gone. It gets my hopes up (about clichy)

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 11:13 PM
BARCELONA have officially tabled a £27million bid for Cesc Fabregas.

Barca president Sandro Rossell made the verbal offer to Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis.
But the bid from the European champions was immediately rejected.
Barca - having ended the phoney war - are now ready to increase their bid to £30m.
But that will not be enough to tempt Emirates manager Arsene Wenger to sell.
However, a £35m offer could seriously test Arsenal's resolve to hang on to Fabregas, 24.
And Barca remain confident that they will finally get their man.
A year ago, the Spanish giants failed with £29m and £31m bids for Fabregas, who is still keen to return to the club where he started his career.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3655872/Barca-bid-27m-for-Arsenal-skipper-Fabregas.html#ixzz1Q8ylZDRC

27m? :lol:

Oh dear.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh dear indeed. Not the offer but the bit where it says we'll prob accept £35m.

Ollie the Optimist
23-06-2011, 11:44 PM
they really are a fucking joke of a club. they insist he is worth only 35 million then go and bid less then that. fuck them, fuck the lot of them, stupid cunts. sell him to madrid for a tenner just to piss them off

Boss
24-06-2011, 07:04 AM
We rejected their bid.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930088/arsenal-reject-barcelona's-cesc-fabregas-bid?cc=4716

He won't be worth much less next season, might as well keep him. The amounts they're offering are way too low.

dazthegooner
24-06-2011, 07:08 AM
They were talking about it on skysports and even they agreed Cesc is worth alot more he is one of the best midfielders in the world.

selassie
24-06-2011, 08:08 AM
they really are a fucking joke of a club. they insist he is worth only 35 million then go and bid less then that. fuck them, fuck the lot of them, stupid cunts. sell him to madrid for a tenner just to piss them off

I hope we refuse to do business with them, f*ck em.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-06-2011, 12:28 PM
i swear they bid 30m for sanchez? and they said they only have 40m money this summer to spend? they're bullshitting. they have the money and can easily trump 40m for cesc if they want, but they see us as a small club and want to bully us.

sell to madrid.

Joker
24-06-2011, 12:30 PM

We were doing similiar with Arshavin, trying to lower the price as far as possible. Sure, some of their media pronouncements have been extremely unprofessional and disrespectful, but you can't blame them for trying to get him at as low a price as possible, and it's our right to reject it.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 02:27 PM
We were doing similiar with Arshavin, trying to lower the price as far as possible. Sure, some of their media pronouncements have been extremely unprofessional and disrespectful, but you can't blame them for trying to get him at as low a price as possible, and it's our right to reject it.

You can't comepare us going after Arsahving to Barca going after Cesc.

I Mean we never got our players to tap him up ever oppotunity, we never said we paid a certain amount for him, or he is only worth such and such.

End of the day They want cesc far more then we wanted AA but are not willing to meet his clubs demands like we did.

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 02:32 PM

can you show me the daily press releases that our players sent out about how he is an arsenal boy needs to come home, and our manager saying he is only worth so much cos of wear and tear? no? didnt think so

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Indeed, there's a big difference between taking a hard negotiation line and trying every underhanded trick in the book to manipulate teams to give players up on the cheap.

AKBapologist
24-06-2011, 04:31 PM
http://t.co/ZYnrOn5

Quick, offer him a new deal! :bow:

fari
24-06-2011, 07:47 PM
gosh this is getting tiresome now. this process is going to drag on and on until we either sell him (for about 35 mill) or the deal falls thru

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2011, 02:01 AM

I don't recall us blatantly tapping-up Arshavin for three years and being let-off by the shit stained football authorities. Perhaps you can't blame Barca for trying to get the best price, but you can blame them for being drenched in the cunt stink from the haggard whores who pushed them out between bargain basement rough house fuckery. I don't think anyone disputes that last reality.

Toronto Gooner
25-06-2011, 02:29 AM
I don't recall us blatantly tapping-up Arshavin for three years and being let-off by the shit stained football authorities. Perhaps you can't blame Barca for trying to get the best price, but you can blame them for being drenched in the cunt stink from the haggard whores who pushed them out between bargain basement rough house fuckery. I don't think anyone disputes that last reality.
Niall,

Don't be so diplomatic. Tell us how you really feel; let it all out. You know you will feel better afterwards.

Injury Time
25-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Barcelona open up with £27m, we want £44m (Telegraph)
I still think they are just on a wind up with no real intention of buying and enjoy unsettling Cesc imho

Boss
25-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is so concerned about the reported €450 million worth of debts the Primera Division champions have run up that he has banned colour photocopies at the Camp Nou in order to save money on toner.

With coffers so bare it's no wonder that Rosell said repeatedly this week that he won't spend any more than €40 million on perpetual transfer target Cesc Fabregas (that's a lot of photocopies) and it also explains why Alexis Sanchez's €30 million move (forget photocopies: pass me the Etch A Sketch!) from Udinese is taking so long.

Rosell blames the club's current cashflow issues on his predecessor, Joan Laporta, and when asked how he could get the club back into the black he said: "By being austere, hard and losing friends. We are suffering with it. We removed the catering events, our bodyguards, and we have even stopped making photocopies in colour at the club. Now we do black and white and save on toner."

However, in the true spirit of the debt-laden approach to modern football, Rosell insisted the club still have transfer funds available. "We negotiated a syndicate credit with the bank ... We have sorted out the situation and what the economic area has achieved means we have €45 million to spend on transfers this summer plus sales."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/929738/off-the-ball:-octopus-idol---the-search-for-paul?cc=4716

Bunch of fucking clowns.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-06-2011, 10:47 AM
spare me the sob story

pay up or shut up:threaten:

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 11:10 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/929738/off-the-ball:-octopus-idol---the-search-for-paul?cc=4716

Bunch of fucking clowns.

there is the real reason, they don't want to pay 6p million for cesc not because they don't want to because they can't afford too.

tell them to feck off and flog him to jose m

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2011, 12:31 PM
AMBITION: Appreciation of being at the starting gate with potentially one of the best midfield pairings in the history of football, most likely the future national captains of Spain and England, Cesc Fabregas and Jack Wilshere respectively. Two of the most naturally gifted footballers on the planet and, if Wenger can build the team around them instead of fucking around, a possible route back to the joyfully brilliant and WINNING football we surely all want to see.

LACK OF AMBITION: Trying to get as much money as we can for our best player. If Cesc goes then we are in the wilderness for years, not because he's irreplaceable (although I doubt one of the 2-3 players on the planet who could replace him will be available or affordable) but because our new owner is effectively agreeing with the disastrous (look at our on-field results) policy of selling our best players in order to maintain a healthy balance sheet. If Cesc goes then we can kiss goodbye to success at this club for as long as Krusty and the gang stick around, which could be a long, long time.

If it's true that we only want £44mill for Fabregas then we're a laughing stock of a club. A complete fucking joke outfit.

Power n Glory
25-06-2011, 12:53 PM
We're negotiating with Barca. We're trying to sell Cesc.

The Verminator
25-06-2011, 12:58 PM
AMBITION: Appreciation of being at the starting gate with potentially one of the best midfield pairings in the history of football, most likely the future national captains of Spain and England, Cesc Fabregas and Jack Wilshere respectively. Two of the most naturally gifted footballers on the planet and, if Wenger can build the team around them instead of fucking around, a possible route back to the joyfully brilliant and WINNING football we surely all want to see.

LACK OF AMBITION: Trying to get as much money as we can for our best player. If Cesc goes then we are in the wilderness for years, not because he's irreplaceable (although I doubt one of the 2-3 players on the planet who could replace him will be available or affordable) but because our new owner is effectively agreeing with the disastrous (look at our on-field results) policy of selling our best players in order to maintain a healthy balance sheet. If Cesc goes then we can kiss goodbye to success at this club for as long as Krusty and the gang stick around, which could be a long, long time.

If it's true that we only want £44mill for Fabregas then we're a laughing stock of a club. A complete fucking joke outfit.

£44M would be a reasonable fee imo. The problem is that we're unlikely to add that fee to the transfer kitty, and thus we will be significantly weakened.

Here's hoping Barca fail with their bids and we add some much-needed quality players to those we already have.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:59 PM
It wont be anywhere near £44m if Cesc goes.

The fee will be closer to what Barca want to spend rather than what we want.

You can bank on that

KSE Comedy Club
25-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Sauce or gtfo.

budesonide
25-06-2011, 01:12 PM

which is right up our alley... as opposed to shelling out 50mil on two renowned classy players to supplement what we've already got and to show we mean some fu*cking business.

however, this will be too risky -- we'd rather buy unknows and let them make their name with us a season or so then "reluctantly" flog them off; we then hit the REPEAT BUTTON. :jumpnana:

Coney
25-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Sauce or gtfo.

Are we really in the running or just playing ketchup?

Power n Glory
25-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Sauce or gtfo.

There is no firm statement from the club saying he's not for sale, we've just said they've been in touch and we've been waiting for them to make a bid. Barca have been making noise about not being able to pay £40m for him. If they raise the money, Cesc is gone.

KSE Comedy Club
25-06-2011, 01:26 PM
There is no firm statement from the club saying he's not for sale, we've just said they've been in touch and we've been waiting for them to make a bid. Barca have been making noise about not being able to pay £40m for him. If they raise the money, Cesc is gone.

Thats a bit different from what you said though. Were not negotiating with them. We have said that they have made a verbal offer for him which we turned down. We all know about that :shrug:

Power n Glory
25-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Thats a bit different from what you said though. Were not negotiating with them. We have said that they have made a verbal offer for him which we turned down. We all know about that :shrug:

That is part of negotiating. They've been in contact with the club and now have come back with an offer. We've turned the offer down but that doesn't mean we won't sell Cesc to them. When they tried to contact us we should have told them to f... off. Last season, Barca weren't talking about money, they were saying we didn't want to sell and there was no talk of a fee.

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2011, 11:18 PM
which is right up our alley... as opposed to shelling out 50mil on two renowned classy players to supplement what we've already got and to show we mean some fu*cking business.

however, this will be too risky -- we'd rather buy unknows and let them make their name with us a season or so then "reluctantly" flog them off; we then hit the REPEAT BUTTON. :jumpnana:

I agree, for all the big noise coming out about strengthening the team it looks like we're just doing the usual. Flogging our best player and buying over-priced and untested kids and nobodies. We are competing against mid tables clubs in the transfer market, none of the top clubs want our targets - if you exclude the never going to happen stuff coming out about players like Benzema and Falcao.

Our song should be, "Whoooo the fuck, who the fucking hell are you....?"

Cesc is probably worth £60 - £65mill when you consider his existing contract, the value he'll have to Barcelona in terms of one of the very few viable replacements for Xavi and, of course, the fact he's one of the top players in the world. That's why we'll let him go cheap just so the grubby cunts in the boardroom can make more announcements about how they are much admired and loved by banks and property developers.

fakeyank
25-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Cesc is probably worth £60 - £65mill when you consider his existing contract, the value he'll have to Barcelona in terms of one of the very few viable replacements for Xavi and, of course, the fact he's one of the top players in the world.

Exactly! I dont understand how many on here and the papers just value Cesc between 35-40 million Euros!! This Sanchez kid at Udinese looks good but had one good season while Cesc has had 6 top seasons at Arsenal and is a world cup & Euro Cup winner. Plus he is a CM and he will be at the top of his trade till he hits 32-33 (assuming injury doesnt kill his career). If Torres after having one and a half good seasons can be 50 million quid, Cesc definitely has to be more! If we get anything less than 50 million quid for him, its a bad bit of business.. PERIOD!

Some might argue that its not good to keep an unhappy player. Well, he seems to be an intelligent chap. If he can see in the papers that Barcelona value him like shit, why is he still so desperate to go there?! If I were him, I'd want to be valued the right amount. I'd rather have him join Madrid for his sake and also to fuck Barca up! IF he still wants to be a petulant fuck, bench him and show that no one is bigger than the club! Arsenal FC has been around for more than 100 years, players will always come and go.

Marc Overmars
26-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I think Barca reckon they have some sort of divine right to get him for what they want because we took him from under their noses. In this current market, Cesc is worth twice what they have offered, if they don't understand that they should fuck off because even though Cesc wants to go, his statement the other week suggests that he understands why we're not caving in and he's not going to force a move.

I personally hope Barca get their shit together and offer something like 40m+, because I'd prefer it if we sold him.

Alternatively, hopefully Real Madrid offer something stupid. :pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I think Barca reckon they have some sort of divine right to get him for what they want because we took him from under their noses. In this current market, Cesc is worth twice what they have offered, if they don't understand that they should fuck off because even though Cesc wants to go, his statement the other week suggests that he understands why we're not caving in and he's not going to force a move.

I personally hope Barca get their shit together and offer something like 40m+, because I'd prefer it if we sold him.

Alternatively, hopefully Real Madrid offer something stupid. :pray:

Problem is Cesc wants to go to Barca so that woul be in their favour. Just wish AW would grow a pair stop treating this lad liek a loyal son and do whats best for the club not the player.

GP
26-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Problem is Cesc wants to go to Barca so that woul be in their favour. Just wish AW would grow a pair stop treating this lad liek a loyal son and do whats best for the club not the player.

What do you mean?

Xhaka Can’t
26-06-2011, 12:06 PM
This is the problem - there seems to be no easy solution to this. Sell him, we weaken the team - though some debate this. Or there will be criticism over the value- if Barca valuations are the basis for the deal. And we are to an extent hampered by Barca seemingly being the only destination he would move to.

If we keep him - it could be against his will and consequently affect his performance, or he could be on his way to being a crock and an expensive liability.

There are a multitude of other variables making any action by the Club fraught with risks.

That said, it could be argued that the Club have handled it very well already as we are only in this position as a result of getting his signature on a LT contract meaning we can take a risk on him for up to another two seasons without having to give in to an undervaluation.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2011, 01:12 PM
The Cesc Saga, and a saga is what it has most definitely become is fraught with risks,

1) if we decide to hold on to him, I worry whether it will be detremental for the club, I dont see Cesc putting in the string of quality performances that we have been used to seeing him put in (last season not included) - I believe this will affect the team in an area which we are fragile enough as it is - spirit
2) a failure to inspire will affect Cescs ability to be a captain, something some have doubted - RvP would get the nod from the current group or Verms
3) by keeping hold of Cesc we lose out on a bit of a windfall in transfer funds, as it is quite obvious that money needs to be spent on the team, it is now obvious that Cesc alone is not enough to compete and first and foremost we need to spend on defence but even that may not enough - we may not have enough money for much else
5) if we sell Cesc we could pay for the defence and then look to improve other areas, it was obvious that we can score and win games without him - selling Cesc for 30-40 mil pounds not euro would allow us to build a more balanced TEAM

Would it be a crazy thought to get in Cahill or Samba and sell Cesc to provide to pay Everton what they want for Fellain? we would still have money for more and tbh I think a motivated Nasri would do well in Cescs position

Cripps_orig
26-06-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/06/26/2548606/we-dont-need-him-hes-too-expensive-barcelona-fans-discuss

Barcunt fans split over Cesc

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I found this comment very interesting:
Ceci - "Spending is bad for the club"

Cesc is a good player and he would be useful because Xavi can't play all of the games. But Barcelona shouldn't be spending so much money on a player who isn't a priority; the club is closing down its sections in other sports* and then want to spend €35m (£31.1m) to €40m (£35.6m) on one player who might not even start. That's not right.

*Ceci is a former hockey player for Barcelona

Olivier's xmas twist
26-06-2011, 03:15 PM
What do you mean?

I mean AW should do whats best for the club in terms or if madrid were to offer say 50 million or more he should take it instead of worrying about where Cesc wants to go.

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I mean AW should do whats best for the club in terms or if madrid were to offer say 50 million or more he should take it instead of worrying about where Cesc wants to go.
Agreed, and I suspect that Arsenal would take 50 million.

Ernesto
26-06-2011, 04:08 PM
I was watching this programme about Big Tone on ESPN this morning (had recorded it) in an attempt to re-ignite my dwindling love for the game.

It didn't really work. It was just a painful trip down memory lane. Painful because of what is happening right now with the captaincy. Using the armband to bribe a want-away player just to hold on to him for a couple more seasons. For the player himself to just go through a summer of silence, wilfully letting these media hacks concoct any story they like.

It's a shame. Adams was captain at 21. He stayed. He didn't attract attention from other clubs, and maybe that's the difference. Or maybe it was a gulf of difference in attitude. And therein lies the rub.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2011, 04:33 PM
taking the money for Cesc now for me makes more sense now.......he's not going to go to PL team so we have little to worry bout in a footballing sense, whether he goes to Barca or Madrid makes little consequence to me......except whether it means getting more money from one rather than the other, the money from his transfer should go into the rebuilding of Arsenal on the pitch

and even if he stays I am not sure that leving him as captain is the wisest move........I mean what kind of captain disapperas for the final game and moreover there was talk that he was taking a break in Spain

RvP is my first choice or Verms as my second

Xhaka Can’t
26-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I was watching this programme about Big Tone on ESPN this morning (had recorded it) in an attempt to re-ignite my dwindling love for the game.

It didn't really work. It was just a painful trip down memory lane. Painful because of what is happening right now with the captaincy. Using the armband to bribe a want-away player just to hold on to him for a couple more seasons. For the player himself to just go through a summer of silence, wilfully letting these media hacks concoct any story they like.

It's a shame. Adams was captain at 21. He stayed. He didn't attract attention from other clubs, and maybe that's the difference. Or maybe it was a gulf of difference in attitude. And therein lies the rub.

I felt somewhat similar after watching a programme on Bergkamp. That said, back in the day I definitely was aware I was watching a golden age which I knew would not be maintained forever. While I have little time for fans who will accept nothing less than the standard that was set by the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira and Adams, I never thought it would sink this far this fast.

Power n Glory
26-06-2011, 04:58 PM
taking the money for Cesc now for me makes more sense now.......he's not going to go to PL team so we have little to worry bout in a footballing sense, whether he goes to Barca or Madrid makes little consequence to me......except whether it means getting more money from one rather than the other, the money from his transfer should go into the rebuilding of Arsenal on the pitch

and even if he stays I am not sure that leving him as captain is the wisest move........I mean what kind of captain disapperas for the final game and moreover there was talk that he was taking a break in Spain

RvP is my first choice or Verms as my second

RVP is a bad choice. He's a striker for one, gets frustrated very easily and isn't always inspirational or productive when he's in that state, and last but not least, he's probably just as annoyed as Cesc with the club.

During his last contract talks he was saying we need to match his 'sporting ambition' before he signs a new deal. He seems like a stand up guy, but if a top club really wanted him, I think he'd also consider a move. Cesc is the only player that has a top club after him at the moment. The loyalty of the majority of our players has never been seriously tested.

RVP just came back from holiday with Cesc and I'd find it hard to believe that he and Cesc never spoke about Arsenal and the frustration of not winning a trophy in years. All is not well with the club and passing on the armband won't make a difference. I thought Nasri was happy to stay here some months back and now look. The disease will spread if the club fail to act this summer.

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Allegedly Fabregas is now on holiday with Puyol and Pique. This is from the Daily Mail's report about Arsenal going for Juan Mata:
Reports in Spain on Sunday evening suggested that Fabregas, currently on holiday in Ibiza with Barca's Carles Pulyol and Gerard Piquet, will refuse to return to Arsenal for pre-season training on July 5.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008441/Arsenal-bid-18m-Juan-Mata-EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz1QQMzAjYx

Coney
27-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Allegedly Fabregas is now on holiday with Puyol and Pique. This is from the Daily Mail's report about Arsenal going for Juan Mata:
Reports in Spain on Sunday evening suggested that Fabregas, currently on holiday in Ibiza with Barca's Carles Pulyol and Gerard Piquet, will refuse to return to Arsenal for pre-season training on July 5.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008441/Arsenal-bid-18m-Juan-Mata-EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz1QQMzAjYx

"Reports in Spain ...". Stopped reading there.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 04:32 AM
RVP is a bad choice. He's a striker for one, gets frustrated very easily and isn't always inspirational or productive when he's in that state, and last but not least, he's probably just as annoyed as Cesc with the club.

During his last contract talks he was saying we need to match his 'sporting ambition' before he signs a new deal. He seems like a stand up guy, but if a top club really wanted him, I think he'd also consider a move. Cesc is the only player that has a top club after him at the moment. The loyalty of the majority of our players has never been seriously tested.

RVP just came back from holiday with Cesc and I'd find it hard to believe that he and Cesc never spoke about Arsenal and the frustration of not winning a trophy in years. All is not well with the club and passing on the armband won't make a difference. I thought Nasri was happy to stay here some months back and now look. The disease will spread if the club fail to act this summer.

although strikers are not your natural choice as a captain, there is nothing written that they can't be one and do a good job at the same time.......Shearer was not a bad captain in fact he was a (very) good one, my only worry would be whether the extra responsibility affects a player's form

RvP has his petulant moments I agree but he shows far more commitment than the majority that I saw playing for us last year, especially as the season was drawing to a close, without his goals we would have been in an even bigger mess than we ended up in and CL would have been taken out of the equation, which might be the only draw we can offer to potential transfer targets come this summer. The captain armband may bring out a more mature Robin......but then maybe it could back fire.......leadership is what we need on the pitch and I am not sure if Cesc brings that or will do in the event of hime putting up with another season of Wengerball.......show me the player with the leadership qualities we need and I will lend my support to him, I do think Verms could do a job as well if not RvP but I have to rack my brians to come up with another......Jacks too young

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 08:42 AM
although strikers are not your natural choice as a captain, there is nothing written that they can't be one and do a good job at the same time.......Shearer was not a bad captain in fact he was a (very) good one, my only worry would be whether the extra responsibility affects a player's form

RvP has his petulant moments I agree but he shows far more commitment than the majority that I saw playing for us last year, especially as the season was drawing to a close, without his goals we would have been in an even bigger mess than we ended up in and CL would have been taken out of the equation, which might be the only draw we can offer to potential transfer targets come this summer. The captain armband may bring out a more mature Robin......but then maybe it could back fire.......leadership is what we need on the pitch and I am not sure if Cesc brings that or will do in the event of hime putting up with another season of Wengerball.......show me the player with the leadership qualities we need and I will lend my support to him, I do think Verms could do a job as well if not RvP but I have to rack my brians to come up with another......Jacks too young

That was the same sort of argument we were putting forwards for making Cesc captain. It’s not always a good idea to always give the armband to our best player on the field. The burden weighs them down sometimes. It happened with Henry and it’s happening with Cesc. You never know, RVP could be the guy to be captain but it’s not always good to make that judgment based on performances on the pitch. It’s where we’ve gone wrong in the past.

Verm might not be a bad choice. I think he captained Ajax at one point so he’d get my vote.

Coney
27-06-2011, 08:56 AM
That was the same sort of argument we were putting forwards for making Cesc captain. It’s not always a good idea to always give the armband to our best player on the field. The burden weighs them down sometimes. It happened with Henry and it’s happening with Cesc. You never know, RVP could be the guy to be captain but it’s not always good to make that judgment based on performances on the pitch. It’s where we’ve gone wrong in the past.

Verm might not be a bad choice. I think he captained Ajax at one point so he’d get my vote.

Agree. Vermalin looked good when he arrived and was bossing the back 4. Showed good signs of leadership and is something we have been lacking on the pitch. If he can control the back 4 so we have a decent defence again, that might hopefully mean the midfield and forwards can stop looking over their shoulders and we can play more of the attacking and counter-attacking football that served us well in the past.

Boss
27-06-2011, 09:18 AM
It's just an armband ffs.

You need enough experienced players on the field for the captaincy issue to not matter as much.

I think Fabregas is fine as a captain, just need to add some quality around him. We do have a decent spine (Vermaelen-Fabregas-Van Persie), problem is they're rarely fit at the same time and they're surrounded by a lot of garbage.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 12:23 PM

I wasnt thinking that RvP is best because he is our best player, more because of the fire he has, he gives as good as he gets and will not take shit from the pud league defenders that litter the PL
Sure he can get himself onto trouble but he is there for the team both in the way he plays as well as the support he gives his team mates,
we havent had that kind of captain since Viera

Although for coll headed leadership Verms would be the man, question is, what IF we bought Damba and Cahill?

Alan B'stard
27-06-2011, 01:14 PM
board concedes they may have to sell - bbc website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13928823.stm

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Barca will come back with a £31m offer apparently.

We should tell them to fuck off.

We wont

LDG
27-06-2011, 01:17 PM
board concedes they may have to sell - bbc website

But Arsenal's board, consisting of Kroenke, Gazidis, chairman Peter Hill-Wood and directors Ken Friar, Sir Chips Keswick and Lord Harris of Peckham are aware of the difficulties of keeping the 24-year-old against his will.

Do we have fake board members or something?? :haha:

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I knew it. We're negotiating and willing to sell. Spineless bastards. How in the fuck is he only worth £40m? They better throw in one of their players with this deal.

Man U sell their star man for £70m
Liverpool sell their star man £50m
AC Milan...Kaka...£50m
We're willing to sell Cesc, our captain and the man the team is built around for £40m! Clueless.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I knew it. We're negotiating and willing to sell. Spineless bastards. How in the fuck is he only worth £40m? They better throw in one of their players with this deal.

Man U sell their star man for £70m
Liverpool sell their star man £50m
AC Milan...Kaka...£50m
We're willing to sell Cesc, our captain and the man the team is built around for £40m! Clueless.
As i said previously, Wenger has always bent over for Barca.

And anyone who believes Cesc being sold is down to the board and not Wenger is fooling themselves.

LDG
27-06-2011, 01:28 PM
So let me get this right:

Cesc 31mil

Then we buy:

Gerbilo 14mil
Cahill 17mil

What the actual fuck.

Boss
27-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Inshallah we get Thiago or Villa as part of any deal.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 01:35 PM
From the same article.

On her Twitter account (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/bcbq1q), Lady Bracewell-Smith said: "No Dein. Root cause of all the troubles at AFC. Unable to work with other board members."

Yeah, thank god he's not had the opportunity to impair the Board's sterling performance over the past six years.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Inshallah we get Thiago or Villa as part of any deal.

Villa wont come here.

Thiago might come, do well and then pine for Barca and we have Cesc part 2 in a few years so no thanks.

£50m and Cesc is theirs.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I really don't think Barca are going to up their offer significantly, they have been quite stubborn and adamant over this. I think we will probably accept the 35m limit they put on him.

Hopefully this happens soon so we can get on with the rebuilding process.

Cesc. :wave:

Letters
27-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Barca will come back with a £31m offer apparently.

We should tell them to fuck off.

We wont

I'd take £31m. Sell him before our position gets too weak, build the team around someone like Wilshere who actually wants to play for us.

Flavs
27-06-2011, 02:09 PM

it realy is the laziest article ever to be honest, an invented source saying exactl what every body else has been saying for nearly 2 years :doh:

Flavs
27-06-2011, 02:10 PM
As i said previously, Wenger has always bent over for Barca.

how and when?

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:14 PM
how and when?

Overmars, Petit, Henry.

£16m for Henry? Wtf? Wenger should have been sacked for that alone

Boss
27-06-2011, 02:17 PM
£31m was a joke last season and it should still be a joke this season.

Even if we keep him for two years his value won't drop that much and might even increase with Barcelona needing a replacement for Xavi sooner rather than later.

Let's not forget this is the same club that spent roughly $94M on Ibrahimovic.

Flavs
27-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Overmars, Petit, Henry.

£16m for Henry? Wtf? Wenger should have been sacked for that alone

Yeah cos he has ripped shit up for them and NYC hasnt he, he was wank the last season and a half he was here and had sciatica which took his pace, perfect time to sell and a good price. Also We got £30mil+ for Overmars (knee) and Petit (back) AND i also notice you miss out the £13mil they had to pay us for Hleb, who couldnt get a game at Birmingham last season. In fact if anything we have given them the full meat.

If you are going to make such ridiculous declarations as least try and qualify them in an informed manner.

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 02:18 PM

it realy is the laziest article ever to be honest, an invented source saying exactl what every body else has been saying for nearly 2 years :doh:

Not exactly. PHW has confirmed that there has been contact and there is no firm message of intent from the board. Last year we made it clear that he is not for sale. It's not the same this year and we're waiting for an improved bid. We may do something stupid like sell on the last day of the window and have no one lined up for a replacement.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah cos he has ripped shit up for them and NYC hasnt he, he was wank the last season and a half he was here and had sciatica which took his pace, perfect time to sell and a good price. Also We got £30mil+ for Overmars (knee) and Petit (back) AND i also notice you miss out the £13mil they had to pay us for Hleb, who couldnt get a game at Birmingham last season. In fact if anything we have given them the full meat.

If you are going to make such ridiculous declarations as least try and qualify them in an informed manner.
Who cares what Henry done for them? That was after they bought him. Got f all to do with it. Fact is, he was one of the worlds best players when he was with us and we sold him for a pitiful £16m.

We dont live in the world of hindsight as you seem to do but if you want to play that game then so shall i. Henry was Barcas top scorer in his first season there and scored 30+ in his 2nd season when they won the treble

selassie
27-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I think he'll go this summer for something between 35-40 million which is a pretty low fee given the absurd amounts the likes of Henderson & Carroll have been trading for.

This story has no legs left...he wants out, we know it, he knows it, Barca knows it.

Fats
27-06-2011, 02:22 PM
has to be at least 40 million or Wenger can fuck right off

Syn
27-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Anything over £30m for Fabregas wouldn't be horrendous, really. You will always have a few transfers in which the buying team pay over the odds but that doesn't set a precedent. We have never been in a strong position in negotiations because Cesc wants to go to Barca and Barca only. If it was a similar situation to Torres where he might be willing to go to any good team, then we could've got about £348579457m from Man City. Things change very quickly in football and his performances last season hardly qualifies him as a £15m player. Another year bad habits certainly brings down his price a fair bit. He is still an excellent player but I think it's necessary to change things dramatically now and replacing the captain and a key figure of a relatively unsuccessful spell for the club is at least an effort to make that change (even if it is a forced one).

Flavs
27-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Not exactly. PHW has confirmed that there has been contact and there is no firm message of intent from the board. Last year we made it clear that he is not for sale. It's not the same this year and we're waiting for an improved bid. We may do something stupid like sell on the last day of the window and have no one lined up for a replacement.

its an article of "mights" and "mays" mate like all the shit this summer. of course we are preparing for an improved offer, they started obscenely low. And yes we "may" sell him and we "might" let him go for £35mil we also "may" sign Lionel Messi and "might" play the ladies team in the carling cup.

Shit journalism, shit broadcasting company

Flavs
27-06-2011, 02:44 PM
has to be at least 40 million or Wenger can fuck right off

Might not be his call of course, Stan and Ivan might over rule him

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Torres was terrible for Liverpool but still went to Chelsea for £50m. Kaka went to Real Madrid for £50m half injured. Ronaldo wanted to go to Real Madrid the season before he had that record breaking season, had a bit of an off season for his standards but still went for £70m. We're being soft and we still hold the cards but some how Barca have pulled a Jedi mind trick.

Flavs
I am surprised they havent offered Keita in the deal, he seems redundant there with Busquets and Mash in front of him and that Thigo kid coming through as well. Maybe we are after Maxwell to replace Clichy as well?

Özim

The BBC only puts credible stuff on it's site though, it's not really lazy...it's confirmation he's likely to go this summer and by the sounds of it not for the price we're really after.

Anything that goes on the BBC site can be taken seriously, they don't post any old rubbish.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Its the first time to my knowledge anyone from our side has come out and said

Possibly yes, and if it's enough then I expect we'll have to sell."

It was all "Cesc wont be sold no matter what the price" before that

Özim
27-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Yeah we've heard this before, one minute the club say he's not for sale and then next he's off.

Been happening for years.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah we've heard this before, one minute the club say he's not for sale and then next he's off.

Been happening for years.
Looks like Wenger has bent over for them again

Any chance we can sell them Cesc and give them Wenger as well?

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Exactly. The clubs stance isn't the same and the writing was on the wall when Wenger decided to leave him, Nasri and Clichy out during the final few weeks of the season. He wanted to see what we'd look like without them. I hope he's doing he's changed his mind about Nasri and Clichy now. We can't afford to lose three first team players.

Grebbo
27-06-2011, 03:07 PM
If they offer £40m then we have to sell him.

He's given us good service and now wants to go home and join the best team of all time - you can't deny him that opportunity.

Cesc is worth more than £40m, he's worth £60m all day long. But we'll never get that for him as there's only one club he'll join and they're (quite rightly) reluctant to spend over £40m on a player we poached from them for peanuts.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:10 PM
If they offer £40m then we have to sell him.

He's given us good service and now wants to go home and join the best team of all time - you can't deny him that opportunity.

Cesc is worth more than £40m, he's worth £60m all day long. But we'll never get that for him as there's only one club he'll join and they're (quite rightly) reluctant to spend over £40m on a player we poached from them for peanuts.

How we got him has f all to do with his price now and we shouldnt sell for less than £45m.

And hes under contract with us for a few more years yet so we can deny him any move unless we get the money we want.

We wont do that though cos Wenger would never stand up against his players

Alan B'stard
27-06-2011, 03:11 PM
The BBC only puts credible stuff on it's site though, it's not really lazy...it's confirmation he's likely to go this summer and by the sounds of it not for the price we're really after.

Anything that goes on the BBC site can be taken seriously, they don't post any old rubbish.
apart from how arsenal were going to get assraped by the belgian authorities regarding financial irregularities with FS beveren that turned out not to exist.

mihir bose is a cunt

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 03:12 PM
If they are 'quite rightly' entitled to act like a bunch of douchebags and not meet our valuation, we are 'quite rightly' entitled to tell them to go to hell.

We don't owe Cesc damn all for his good service, we pay him wheelbarrows full of money each week.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I am surprised they havent offered Keita in the deal, he seems redundant there with Busquets and Mash in front of him and that Thigo kid coming through as well. Maybe we are after Maxwell to replace Clichy as well?

i can see thiago being part of the deal, with the mancs wanting him too can just see AW trying to get him 1st. We should be calling more shirts in terms of players we want in return.

Alan B'stard
27-06-2011, 03:13 PM

henry was so shit for them for most of his first season that their brass said "whoever signed him deserves a slap."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7353306.stm

selassie
27-06-2011, 03:16 PM
i can see thiago being part of the deal, with the mancs wanting him too can just see AW trying to get him 1st. We should be calling more shirts in terms of players we want in return.

I get the impression that Tiago wants to have a crack at trying to break into Barca's first team before he considers any move away, especially one to a new country.

Toronto Gooner
27-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I get the impression that Tiago wants to have a crack at trying to break into Barca's first team before he considers any move away, especially one to a new country.
I have heard that said as well. However, there have also been comments that his few chances in the first team are going to get even fewer with Fabregas there. He might not even get onto the subs bench for many games.

However, do Arsenal really want a player who will be agitating for a move back to the team of his DNA in 3 years or so?

Letters
27-06-2011, 03:32 PM

That is nowhere near as true as it used to be.
The BBC's standards are pretty low these days.

Coney
27-06-2011, 03:36 PM
henry was so shit for them for most of his first season that their brass said "whoever signed him deserves a slap."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7353306.stm

That's the thing. Disregarding for a minute that Henry was getting older and would therefore be more likely to be injured, a player can be great in one team or league and less effective in another. It would be funny if we sold Cesc for 35M and then he turned into a damp squib -especially if our buys with the money turned up trumps.

Letters
27-06-2011, 03:38 PM
How we got him has f all to do with his price now and we shouldnt sell for less than £45m.

And hes under contract with us for a few more years yet so we can deny him any move unless we get the money we want.

We wont do that though cos Wenger would never stand up against his players

Apart from last summer when he told Fabregas he was staying and Barca to sod right off...
Every year we keep him our position gets weaker. If we kept him for another year and then ended up having to really sell him on the cheap or, worse, go on a free, everyone would be bleating about how we should have sold when we were in a strong position.
We should sell him this summer IMO, we've got enough in midfield without him and this is our last year in a strong enough position to get decent money.
And £35m is decent money for him IMO. If you disagree then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 03:43 PM
That's the thing. Disregarding for a minute that Henry was getting older and would therefore be more likely to be injured, a player can be great in one team or league and less effective in another. It would be funny if we sold Cesc for 35M and then he turned into a damp squib -especially if our buys with the money turned up trumps.

That would be hilarious, doubly so if we won the league, triply if we won the CL by beating Barca.

selassie
27-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I have heard that said as well. However, there have also been comments that his few chances in the first team are going to get even fewer with Fabregas there. He might not even get onto the subs bench for many games.

However, do Arsenal really want a player who will be agitating for a move back to the team of his DNA in 3 years or so?

TG, yeah if they get Fabregas then his time will be up, unless he's prepared to wait for Xavi to retire, even then he wouldn't be guaranteed a spot. My worry with getting Thiago would be that we would essentially have him on loan until he reached world class level then they would want him back, albeit for an inflated fee.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Apart from last summer when he told Fabregas he was staying and Barca to sod right off...
Every year we keep him our position gets weaker. If we kept him for another year and then ended up having to really sell him on the cheap or, worse, go on a free, everyone would be bleating about how we should have sold when we were in a strong position.
We should sell him this summer IMO, we've got enough in midfield without him and this is our last year in a strong enough position to get decent money.
And £35m is decent money for him IMO. If you disagree then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

I think theres a difference between standing up to a player and doing what Wenger did last summer.

Standing up to Cesc would have meant telling him to STFU about Barca, tell him hes not being sold and get on with it here.

What Wenger did, tell Cesc to give it one more year and then we'll see

Cesc is still young. Has a few more years left on his contract. We can and should get more than £35m. Is he worth as much as Carroll? Like hell he is.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 03:56 PM
can see Arsenal not accepting 31mil unless they get a player worth at least a carrot thrown in!

however if a cash offer of 40mil comes along then I can see us biting........which may be the way we will be left to go, we can put up a fight but I don't think we have the weight the likes of Utd etc who could hold out on Ronaldo, we may just have to accept that to some we may be considered a feeder club the same way we look at the likes of Southhampton

40 mil along with money his departure frees up for salarywill pay for the names we have been most strongly with, Gervinho, Alvarez and now Cahill

we should have more left over for lets say Mata

couple that with the departure of some dead wood we could even add a few more

I dont think we can go into next season with a smaller squad than what we have already, which is what seems to be the case every new season (no figures to fall bck on, just seems like that......well the quality is definitely lower)

Letters
27-06-2011, 04:00 PM
He's worth more than Carroll but Carroll isn't worth anywhere near £35m.
Just 'cos clubs with infinite resources are throwing silly money around, doesn't mean the players are actually worth those amounts.

I don't know what Wenger said to Cesc last summer but he sent Barca away with a flea in their ear. IMO the time has come to sell him now though because ultimately if a player won't sign a new contract then each year our position gets weaker to the point he could walk away for free. IMO we have enough in midfield now without Cesc and our position is strong enough to get good money for him. Sell him now I reckon.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:04 PM
If we sell Cesc, we have no one in the current squad to replace him and i hope we go out and get a quality replacement.

Quantity wise we may have enough. Quality wise? Not imo

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 04:07 PM
a more consistent Nasri can play in that position......if we keep the same shape, although Nasri would need more protection, as he doesnt get stuck in as much as Cesc

has the odd nimble but here is not the wing Samir

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 04:09 PM
£35m is not enough and we'd be better off accepting £30m plus a player like Affelay or an instalment deal that is worth £50m - £60m.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Who, though?

Not trying to be smart (it never works anyway...) but I really can't think of a like-for-like replacement that'd be up to it, Gourcuff is always mooted but I'm not convinced. If we go to 4-4-2 without him, his replacement could be more of a striker or maybe a deeper lying playmaker/holder like he used to be, Melo maybe.

Coney
27-06-2011, 04:12 PM
If we sell Cesc, we have no one in the current squad to replace him and i hope we go out and get a quality replacement.

Quantity wise we may have enough. Quality wise? Not imo

Cesc not replacable? This from a poster who slags him off at every opportunity.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Who, though?

Not trying to be smart (it never works anyway...) but I really can't think of a like-for-like replacement that'd be up to it, Gourcuff is always mooted but I'm not convinced. If we go to 4-4-2 without him, his replacement could be more of a striker or maybe a deeper lying playmaker/holder like he used to be, Melo maybe.
There can be only one.

Wesley Sneijder. Pisses on Cesc tbh

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Cesc not replacable? This from a poster who slags him off at every opportunity.

Certainly not by anyone within the squad but from outside? take your pick

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:20 PM
There can be only one.

Wesley Sneijder. Pisses on Cesc tbh

Yeah, why not, I'm sure he'd eventually learn how to pass to RvP with a bit of training plus if he truly is an immortal we're sorted for a while.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah, why not, I'm sure he'd eventually learn how to pass to RvP with a bit of training plus if he truly is an immortal we're sorted for a while.

If there is a problem between RVP and Sneijder, its one that can be easily solved should we ever get Sneijder.

Sell RVP. :good:

Im sure we can find someone who can fill in for him and can play a whole season