PDA

View Full Version : Summer of Discontent

LDG
21-06-2011, 10:55 AM
So what exactly, aside from transfers, should the club be doing in the football sense this summer??

I really want to see the fruit of a few things after the summer.

i) Arshavin - Fit and ready to play. I'm just about fed up with the fat little cunt complaining he's not fit enough. I want our coaching staff to ensure he's back to where he should be, terrorising the opposing team.

ii) Defensive work out. There needs to be some serious work done on the defensive organisation of our team, back to front. Some drilling on tracking runners, defending set peices etc. It doesn't matter who we buy, a lot of it is down to tactics and training imho.

iii) Some leadership on the pitch. I don't know where we'd start with this, but there needs to be an attitude change. I want the players to stand up and be counted in every sodding match, working their bollocks off.

iv) Stop players talking to the media.

In any case, there is so much work to be done outside of the transfer sagas. What do you want to see when we return to the pitch??

Hump
21-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Invest in pionnering sugery to take the best bits of Diaby, Rosicky and Van Persie to make one injury free player.

Get the youth team to cut the training ground grass with scissors, unblock the lavs and generally get a sense of perspective.

Employ a barber to adminster number ones to the whole squad to improve togetherness a la the French Rugby squad at the last RWC.

Send the Prof on a water bottle throwing course so that he can twock Arshavin from 75 yards when he doesn't track back.

LDG
21-06-2011, 11:08 AM
:lol:

Actually, another thing....they should organise a fans forum with the players. Show them what the club is really all about. There is so much disconect right now, and with things like Diaby's spurs shirt, they need lessons in what it means to play for Arsenal.

Letters
21-06-2011, 11:12 AM
:lol:

Actually, another thing....they should organise a fans forum with the players. Show them what the club is really all about. There is so much disconect right now, and with things like Diaby's spurs shirt, they need lessons in what it means to play for Arsenal.

We'll send NBN along. As Arsenal's bestest fan he could show them a thing or two.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 11:18 AM
So what exactly, aside from transfers, should the club be doing in the football sense this summer??

I really want to see the fruit of a few things after the summer.

i) Arshavin - Fit and ready to play. I'm just about fed up with the fat little cunt complaining he's not fit enough. I want our coaching staff to ensure he's back to where he should be, terrorising the opposing team.

ii) Defensive work out. There needs to be some serious work done on the defensive organisation of our team, back to front. Some drilling on tracking runners, defending set peices etc. It doesn't matter who we buy, a lot of it is down to tactics and training imho.

iii) Some leadership on the pitch. I don't know where we'd start with this, but there needs to be an attitude change. I want the players to stand up and be counted in every sodding match, working their bollocks off.

iv) Stop players talking to the media.

In any case, there is so much work to be done outside of the transfer sagas. What do you want to see when we return to the pitch??

All of that plus Nasri signing his fecking contract and the clubs move to abandon that blue away shirt as its a bloody disgrace. Also i would like to see the word "besmirch" in comms as i love that word and it should be wider used within the football world

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:24 AM
All of that plus Nasri signing his fecking contract and the clubs move to abandon that blue away shirt as its a bloody disgrace. Also i would like to see the word "besmirch" in comms as i love that word and it should be wider used within the football world

Nothing wrong with the away shirt.

If you dont like it, dont buy it.

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Invest in pionnering sugery to take the best bits of Diaby, Rosicky and Van Persie to make one injury free player.
Knowing Arsenal's luck, they would end up with a player who is just one permanent injury.:)

Flavs
21-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Nothing wrong with the away shirt.

If you dont like it, dont buy it.

I never do mate, last one i bought was the redcurrant last year at highbury one

Hump
21-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Also i would like to see the word "besmirch" in comms as i love that word and it should be wider used within the football world

Only has one collocation though - the name.

Arshavin's woeful work ethic besmirch's the name of Arsenal football club, he was more like a flâneur than a professional footballer.

IBK
21-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Only has one collocation though - the name.

Arshavin's woeful work ethic besmirch's the name of Arsenal football club, he was more like a flâneur than a professional footballer.

Best use of flâneur ever! :clap:

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I dunno, something needs to be done. A bit more defensive work and maybe even practicing a set-piece or two will improve us as a team but I'm not sure it'll stop us collapsing at the crucial part of the season which is still my main issue with this team. That comes under iii) I guess and it's something we need above all else but I think the only real way to address it is to get rid of those not pulling their weight and bring in guys with the right attitude. I'd like to think that any players that feel the wind of change brushing past them will wake up a little so the simple act of chopping a bit of dead wood might give 'em the much needed kick.

All in all, I ain't gonna be convinced even if we're ten points clear at Christmas so I think all I really want is a bit of a change and hope that it doesn't all go tits up at the same time as it always does.

Ironing
21-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I never do mate, last one i bought was the redcurrant last year at highbury one

Then STFU

How can a football shirt be a 'disgrace' you nutter

Try getting upset about something important in future

Flavs
21-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Then STFU

How can a football shirt be a 'disgrace' you nutter

Try getting upset about something important in future

hey lover boy, still cross i see :console: