PDA

View Full Version : Suppose the hardcore fans left and started a new 'Arsenal' FC...

Alan B'stard
27-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Say 'Dial Square' or 'Royal Arsenal' or something like that.
Clearly along the lines of FC united of Manchester but you know, minus the Northern Monkeys...

Anyway: would you go?
Would you sack off the AFC season ticket and go to the new club instead?

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 08:49 AM
No because there's only one Arsenal. If I felt strongly enough to stop supporting all together, then I'd just stop following football.

Coney
27-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Say 'Dial Square' or 'Royal Arsenal' or something like that.
Clearly along the lines of FC united of Manchester but you know, minus the Northern Monkeys...

Anyway: would you go?
Would you sack off the AFC season ticket and go to the new club instead?

Probably not. The Glazers took money out of Manu and regarded it as a cash cow to be milked. I can see how some supporters felt their club was stolen and so, like Wimbledon, they formed a new club. (I guess if I lived in Woolwich a hundred years ago, forming a new Dial Square might have been an option though!)

I don't think the Arsenal under Kroenke is like that. In any case, I will have followed the team in the red shirts and white sleeves for 40 years come October 6th 2011 so I cannot imaging supporting any other club.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Nope.
But I wouldn't discard the chance that I'd just get fed up, drift away and not bother going anymore and be reduced to just checking out the team's results. In fact I'm pretty much on that road right now.

selassie
27-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Nope I wouldn't go.

Letters
27-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Thing is, while we're all frustrated by what is going on at the club and in general there is a disconnect between club and fans I'd suggest the latter problem, while genuine, is a football-wide issue not an Arsenal-specific one.
Something major would have to happen for people to even consider this - like Wimbledon up and leaving for MK, for example.

Injury Time
27-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Hackney Marshes, jumpers for goal posts, dogshit on the ball for Eboue to header.....I'm there!!

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I thought Hackney Marshes was now the Olympic Village? Or are you looking at jumpers for goalposts on the field in the Olympic Stadium and 2 fingers to spuds? :unsure:

Injury Time
27-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I thought Hackney Marshes was now the Olympic Village? Or are you looking at jumpers for goalposts on the field in the Olympic Stadium and 2 fingers to spuds? :unsure:
Give it a week post Olympics with no security and the locals realise the price of scrap....

http://www.millionface.com/l/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/HiroshimaNagasaki/Hiroshima_Nagasaki_in_1945_2.jpg

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Give it a week post Olympics with no security and the locals realise the price of scrap....

http://www.millionface.com/l/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/HiroshimaNagasaki/Hiroshima_Nagasaki_in_1945_2.jpg

Looks like a-bomb hit it. ;)

Flavs
27-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Nope, because the type of fans that do this stuff are 99% dribbling fucksticks.

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Hey, not all of them are manu supporters.

Alan B'stard
27-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Probably not. The Glazers took money out of Manu and regarded it as a cash cow to be milked. I can see how some supporters felt their club was stolen and so, like Wimbledon, they formed a new club. (I guess if I lived in Woolwich a hundred years ago, forming a new Dial Square might have been an option though!)

I don't think the Arsenal under Kroenke is like that. In any case, I will have followed the team in the red shirts and white sleeves for 40 years come October 6th 2011 so I cannot imaging supporting any other club.

Consider the following:
(a) director/shareholders suck the money out of the club directly a la glazer
(b) directors/shareholders deny the club the ablity to invest in the team and instead have the earnings of the club sit around in the bank or tied up in property developments - meaning that the share price goes up as the club gains wealth but none of that is turned into sporting sucess. They they cash out when the shares have gone up enough for a backdated payday.

Theory: (a) = (b) = same fucking thing

Letters
27-06-2011, 10:53 AM

NBN and Zimm are organising it?

:d

:run:

Hump
27-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Hard core fans? I thought the price of the season ticket was meant to exclude them. There's certainly an attraction to watching grass-roots football, closer to the action, more commitment by the players, potentially a greater say in the running of the club and fans treated as customers rather than cash cows. But in the end whilst the involvement might be greater the end product is shite.