PDA

View Full Version : Getting tickets for Arsenal

Boss
27-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Will be coming to London sometime from the end of July to late August, depending on whether or not I can get tickets for one of the games.

Looking at going for one of:

23 Jul Pre-season Friendly A FC Cologne 14:30
30 Jul Emirates Cup H Boca Juniors 16:20
31 Jul Emirates Cup H New York Red Bulls 16:20
06 Aug Pre-season Friendly A Benfica
August F A
13 Sat Barclays Premier League A Newcastle United 15:00
16/17 UEFA Champions League N Play-off Round 1L
20 Sat Barclays Premier League H Liverpool 15:00

a. How easy is it for a non-member to get tickets for any one of those?

b. Will any of those go to general sale etc?

I'd love to go for the Emirates Cup as Henry will be there but I'd assume it will be hard. Is it harder to get tickets for the away games (the CL 2nd playoff or the friendly against Cologne)?

Ty in advance for any help.

GP
27-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Emirates cup won't be sold out. Friendlies rarely are.

League games will be harder

Coney
27-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd bet on the Liverpool game being impossible for a non-member and pretty difficult for a red member - first home PL game and against Liverpool? - got to be sold out. I will try for that match but I expect my only chance will be an exchange at best.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 11:49 AM
You're guaranteed to get tickets for the Emirates Cup and any friendly I imagine.

No chance for the Newcastle and Liverpool games but the CL fixture could be worth keeping an eye on. Most early fixtures always tend to sell out because of the anticipation for the new season. The best availability I found last year without my membership was through the winter.

Boss
27-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Will the Emirates Cup go on general sale? Does that mean I'll have to buy them when I reach or can they be preordered?

If you sign up for red membership, does it allow you to start buying tickets immediately or is there some kind of wait period?

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Emirates Cup is already on General Sale.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Of the competitive fixtures, you have no chance with Liverpool and Newcastle away. None at all. You may be in with a shout of the CL qualifier home leg.

You can buy as many emirates cup tickets as your heart desires right now if you want.

Coney
27-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Will the Emirates Cup go on general sale? Does that mean I'll have to buy them when I reach or can they be preordered?

If you sign up for red membership, does it allow you to start buying tickets immediately or is there some kind of wait period?

As soon as your red membership is confirmed, you can buy immediately - and can also try for the ticket exchange where you can sometimes get to a big match - chavs, manure, etc. However you need to be on the ball to catch the offers of exchange as they come and go really fast.

Alan B'stard
27-06-2011, 12:37 PM
try #arsenal_tickets on twitter.

Coney
27-06-2011, 12:49 PM
try #arsenal_tickets on twitter.

Is that safe? I don't mind giving details to Arsenal Football Club not to twitter? Any chance of being hacked, any chance of being taken for a ride? (Not that Arsenal would take anyone for a ride.... ;) )

Boss
27-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, very useful.

Will probably be going for the Emirates Cup both days, might watch a day of the India v England cricket match too.

Any suggestions on which stand to buy seats in? I've heard on here that the North Bank is best for atmosphere, and of course there's a small chance I'll meet NBN. Is that correct?

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Will probably be going for the Emirates Cup both days, might watch a day of the India v England cricket match too.

Any suggestions on which stand to buy seats in? I've heard on here that the North Bank is best for atmosphere, and of course there's a small chance I'll meet NBN. Is that correct?

He is Arsenals greatest fan so you should be honoured to meet him.

LDG
27-06-2011, 01:09 PM
He sits above the Red Action boys I believe.

North bank upper is pretty decent for noise.

The sound of the tills ringing and securicor vans driving in and out is a sound to behold.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 01:56 PM

There's not much in the way of atmosphere at the Emirates Cup mate, it's a day out for most of the people there.

Try west stand lower tier, you might be able to snag an autograph from the players and most importantly, Henry. :bow: