PDA

View Full Version : do arsenal ever confirm summer transfers before july 1st

Alan B'stard
28-06-2011, 09:25 PM
...being the official start of the window, like.

juat wondering if they might've already done business and are just withholding the notification out of officiousness.

Joker
28-06-2011, 10:08 PM
We announced RVP's signing in May 2004. He even appeared during the final game of that season against Leicester. Can't remember explicitly about any other transfers.

Marc Overmars
28-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Think we announced Vermaelen in June.

Joker
28-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Think we announced Vermaelen in June.

Yeah that's true

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/19/arsenal-sign-thomas-vermaelen-ajax

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah that's true

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/19/arsenal-sign-thomas-vermaelen-ajax
No as other clubs will then snatch them off us, they follow Wenger's every move and sign players he's interested in, so he pretends to not be interested in anyone :run:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 10:31 PM

juat wondering if they might've already done business and are just withholding the notification out of officiousness.

Rosicky is another one, along with the others that have been mentioned.

selassie
28-06-2011, 10:47 PM

I honestly don't think we've made any signings yet apart from that Jenkinson boy. We might be close to deals (Alex Oxo) but haven't completed any of them yet. We've got until September to haggle...it's still very very early days.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I honestly don't think we've made any signings yet apart from that Jenkinson boy. We might be close to deals (Alex Oxo) but haven't completed any of them yet. We've got until September to haggle...it's still very very early days.
I really hope you're kidding. We have pre season starting soon and whilst I don't expect us to have all our signings done by then, we have to have them done by the start of the season. Certainly before we name our squad for the CL qualifiers. Plus we have Liverpool and Man Utd in the league in August so that's 2 probable losses.

Moral of the story, get quality players in asap and not wait til last min

selassie
28-06-2011, 11:05 PM
I really hope you're kidding. We have pre season starting soon and whilst I don't expect us to have all our signings done by then, we have to have them done by the start of the season. Certainly before we name our squad for the CL qualifiers. Plus we have Liverpool and Man Utd in the league in August so that's 2 probable losses.

I'm kidding, I want/wanted our business done before the end of next week.

I'm resigned to the fact it's going to be one long summer, half of the first team want out and nobody wants any of our rubbish.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 11:08 PM

Do you really think we won't sign anyone after AW and Ivan have promsied the fans. Do they really want to look like silly fools anymore and upset more fans.

we will sign players but it will be the usual bottle jobs who look good in the 1st months but come march they are on holiday.

LDG
30-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Not this year <_<