PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the Emirates Cup!

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Was looking forwards to the Emirates Cup and the return of Henry but the past few days have left me feeling quite bitter. From the actions of the club (or lack of) and Wenger's recent comments about transfers, I think the club are taking the absolute piss!

The fans need to send a clear message to this club and my suggestion is to boycott the Emirates Cup. It's just before the season starts and while the transfer market is open. If you're fed up with the lack of ambition, don't go to the Emirates Cup and spread the word.

GP
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Good luck with that

alexander
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
They had a 1/4 page advert for it in todays Daily Telegraph sport.

Desperate.

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
No need for the 'good luck' comments. It's a personal choice.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
The club probably thought this would happen hence they invited Henrys team to it. Now if people go, it will be to see Henry cos none of the other 3 sides have anyone worth watching.

Grebbo
02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Who the hell is going to watch that shite anyway?

alexander
02-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Who the hell is going to watch that shite anyway?

not me thats for sure. What kind of numbers have watched this in previous seasons?

Injury Time
03-07-2011, 08:08 AM
not me thats for sure. What kind of numbers have watched this in previous seasons?
>>>click here<<< (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Wiki+emirates+cup+attendance)
Wiki say pretty much full

Letters
03-07-2011, 08:25 AM
I think there is something in this.
The club have taken the piss, frankly. Overall I think their transfer strategy has been mostly right and has secured our financial future, but it wouldn't have taken much more spending to have seen us competing more strongly and that's where I feel Wenger, and our policy, has failed.

And all the while they charge the highest prices in the country, relentlessly market to the fans to try and extract every last penny from us and put on tournaments like this to generate even more money. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the fans to send a message.

All that said, I suspect it won't be far off a sell out and if dad wants to go I'll probably end up capitulating and going with.

Meh.

alexander
03-07-2011, 09:34 AM
All that said, I suspect it won't be far off a sell out and if dad wants to go I'll probably end up capitulating and going with.

Meh.

Yeah, but inside you will not be enjoying it, and thats the important bit.

Joker
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I've been to previous Emirates tournaments, but I won't bother this time, especially with the club treating fans with such contempt.