PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Right-Wing Press

V-Pig
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM
What better reason to restart this thread than the news that the News of the World hacked Milly Dowler's phone after she had been kidnapped, interfering with the police investigation and giving the family false hope that she was still alive?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/04/milly-dowler-voicemail-hacked-news-of-world
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/04/milly-dowler-voicemail-hacked-news-of-world)

Letters
04-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Wow. Just...wow :doh:

Not sure the Right wing is needed, it's just a horrible story.

V-Pig
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow. Just...wow :doh:

Not sure the Right wing is needed, it's just a horrible story.

It's a classic thread though, in the sense that it's 2 forums' old.

Gubby Allen
04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Utterly vile & beyond contempt. To think think of the false hope they'd have given her family knowing the voicemails were being listened to & space being freed up.

Multiple grounds for a prison sentence for those involved here.

Anyone who still buys this on Sunday needs to hang their head in shame.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2011, 11:07 PM
How many times has that rag been pulled up now? I did a law module at uni and one of the subjects was the NOTW, it's incredible really how much legal action has been taken against them. You'd think some cunt in their office would have learned by now.

Injury Time
05-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Take them out the back and shoot them tbh it's the right (wing) thing to do <_<

V-Pig
05-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I love how vocal John Prescott has been on this. He was on the news and he's been non-stop on twitter about it.

And what was your party's record on dealing with Murdoch, Prezza, hmm? Spineless twat.

V-Pig
05-07-2011, 07:54 AM
vpgreg
@johnprescott What, and you lack even the basic decency to apologise for your party's record on Murdoch?
44 seconds ago Favorite Reply Delete

vpgreg
@johnprescott You've found your spine now Murdoch's abandoned your party then?
12 minutes ago

vpgreg
@johnprescott Hypocrite.
10 hours ago

vpgreg
@LiberoFootball @johnprescott It really is Catch-22 w politicians. The only ones we hear of are the ones who've sold out to get to the top.
10 hours ago

vpgreg
@LiberoFootball I see you like my tweets which challenge "Prezza". Shame he's too spineless to ever answer them. @johnprescott
10 hours ago

vpgreg
@johnprescott Good to see you're so tough on this issue once they've dropped you as their party of choice.
10 hours ago

vpgreg
@johnprescott And how do you defend your party's record of sucking-off Murdoch?

V-Pig
05-07-2011, 07:55 AM
He isn't responding :(

Injury Time
05-07-2011, 07:57 AM
I'd expect a knock on the door and a punch in the mouth soon if I were you.

PGFC
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM

I'd expect a knock on the door and a punch in the mouth soon if I were you.

Where's the fingers-crossed smilie?

Ollie the Optimist
05-07-2011, 11:52 AM
how could the journos not think at any point when they were doing this, isnt this slightly wrong? cunts the lot of them.

now rumours coming out that they hacked into jessica and holly wells' voicemails too. vile and disgusting

Coney
05-07-2011, 01:23 PM
The most worrying thing is that our politicians are afraid to take on the Murdoch empire. He has far too much control and influence now, never mind if he takes over BSB. I would guess that he has dirty stories he can publish about a lot of top politicians and that is one of the factors stopping them acting. Also, Murdoch backed Blair, then backed Cameron. I find this whole thing worrying. I would like it if the top politicians in this country had a quiet agreement with each other and used this opportuinity that the phone tapping has given them to block the expansion of his activities and maybe even reduce his existing empire here by limiting the number of papers any one person can own at any time. Like Fox in the US, there is a danger in allowing too large a media ownership by one particular individual or group.

Coney
05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
This.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14033651

MGN said it was in the public interest to run the story about Mr Ferdinand.

How so? Interesting to voyeurs and shitstirrers. OK. But not in the public interest. That is just bollocks. If he was a politician and they found his hand in the till, THAT is pubic interest.

Syn
05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZtVm8wtyFI&feature=player_embedded

:haha:

(can't get the YT thing to work)

Chrissie
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Bellfield's solicitor is now considering an appeal due to Millie's phone being hacked into.

Kaiser
05-07-2011, 05:22 PM

(yeah, not sure what's up with the YT thing)

:lol:

Some of the comments below sum it up:

Oh jesus christ. He makes Brown look charismatic.

This mans face is wrong.

I think somebody broke him.
I want to negotiate my fist into his face.

Anyone checked for a lobotomy scar?

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
(yeah, not sure what's up with the YT thing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZtVm8wtyFI&amp;feature=player_embedded

This is the best comment:

What an absolute derp.

Kaiser
05-07-2011, 06:13 PM
:gp:

Letters
05-07-2011, 07:39 PM

One of the comments: "Milliband doesn't always herp, but when he does, he derps"

GP
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM

One of the comments: "Milliband doesn't always herp, but when he does, he derps"

:cool:

Letters
05-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Oh yeah! :lol:

Well played, sir :tiphat:

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 07:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENmVNeOi4ts

Marc Overmars
05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Burned. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Jesus H. Christ. What have Labour done to themselves? They must have scoured the party long and hard to find a guy that makes Brown look good.

I don't know how anyone can criticise those who refuse to vote. Just look at the fucking choices!

Gubby Allen
05-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Some twat from the News of the World saying on Newsnight:

"These are allegations at this stage" and we do not comment on speculation.

He must realise what an absolute prick he is, saying that.

Coney
05-07-2011, 10:42 PM

The irony is probably completely lost on him.

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 10:47 PM

Please don't buy this paper anymore.

Gubby Allen
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Parents 'have right to know if News of the World pervert lives next door'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY family in Britain lives no more than 50 miles from a predatory, News of the World phone beast, it has emerged.
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201107054034/

Xhaka Can’t
06-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Now it is alleged 7/7 families have had their phones hacked. It is appearing systemic, so much so that it has to hve been an unwritten policy and part of the culture of the organisation. The culture of any organisation is fostered by those at the very top of it - they set the tone and the direction, so they should be paying the price - not some junior lackey who was 'misguided'.

PGFC
06-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Now it is alleged 7/7 families have had their phones hacked. It is appearing systemic, so much so that it has to hve been an unwritten policy and part of the culture of the organisation. The culture of any organisation is fostered by those at the very top of it - they set the tone and the direction, so they should be paying the price - not some junior lackey who was 'misguided'.

I blame the Mods.

Letters
06-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Please don't buy this paper anymore.

But how will I know who UNNAMED PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALLER has been shagging? :(

Coney
06-07-2011, 11:36 AM
But how will I know who UNNAMED PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALLER has been shagging? :(
Twitter

Coney
06-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Latest is that they have found email evidence indicating payments to the police from a NOTW employee. Oh what a giveaway.

Fats
06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
The 2 editors of the NOTW that were in charge at the time are personal friends of David Cameron.

Way to go you prick

Letters
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
So you're blaming David Cameron? :lol:
I blame Wenger myself.

Letters
06-07-2011, 04:04 PM

Emailed that to my friend who works for the lovely Theresa May. He said

"Actually, I have some sympathy for him on this as it is standard practice. It was a
'pooled interview' which means that it's a pre-recorded interview for use on the
evening news bulletin. Because they only show a brief clip on the news, the
politician simply says their soundbite in answer to every question. Generally the
rest of the 'interview' is never seen. However, on this occasion the BBC decided to
post the whole thing online so he ends up looking ridiculous!"

Syn
06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Emailed that to my friend who works for the lovely Theresa May. He said

"Actually, I have some sympathy for him on this as it is standard practice. It was a
'pooled interview' which means that it's a pre-recorded interview for use on the
evening news bulletin. Because they only show a brief clip on the news, the
politician simply says their soundbite in answer to every question. Generally the
rest of the 'interview' is never seen. However, on this occasion the BBC decided to
post the whole thing online so he ends up looking ridiculous!"

Interesting. Thanks for providing the context. At a time when negotiations are still going on, I do believe judgement of the Labour leader is wrong.

Ollie the Optimist
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
rumours coming out that they have hacked dead soldiers phones now. now this to me is even worse then the milly one as these men and women have given their life to defend our country and the notw pry into their lives when they are dead. absoulte ddisgrace

Injury Time
06-07-2011, 11:08 PM
I blame the Mods.
I blame the rockers :sulk:

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I blame the rockers :sulk:

Punks imo.

PGFC
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
This Sundays NOTW will be the last ever, it's being spiked.

Coney
07-07-2011, 03:46 PM

...which is great until you realise that after a few weeks for the public to forget, there will be 'The Sun on Sunday' - same shit from the same shits.

PGFC
07-07-2011, 03:48 PM

...which is great until you realise that after a few weeks for the public to forget, there will be 'The Sun on Sunday' - same shit from the same shits.

Well don't buy that one either, simples.

All the proceeds from it's last copy will go to charity too, nice work Rupert.

Coney
07-07-2011, 05:11 PM

I just watched BBC News and apparently sunonsunday.com has just been bought and reserved! :lol:

Oh how predictable. Oh how cyncial by News International. Oh what a bunch of utter cunts.

Rors
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Clever old bark innee? Don't buy a paper with proceeds that go to charity, then you are COLD and HEARTLESS. As he himself would have his subs scream - "HOW COULD YOU?"

PGFC
07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Clever old bark innee? Don't buy a paper with proceeds that go to charity, then you are COLD and HEARTLESS. As he himself would have his subs scream - "HOW COULD YOU?"

I don't suppose he got to where he is today without being a little bit sharp.

Is it too much to ask for it to be discovered that the Grauniad reporters resorted to the same despicable tactics? purely in the interest of balance of course.

Coney
07-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't suppose he got to where he is today without being a little bit sharp.

Is it too much to ask for it to be discovered that the Grauniad reporters resorted to the same despicable tactics? purely in the interest of balance of course.

Not impossible. From what Huhg Grnta was told by the ploice, most nswepapres were in it to some depth or other and that might include the Grndianua.

Letters
08-07-2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.hasrebekahbrooksbeensackedyet.com/

The Wengerbabies
13-07-2011, 02:48 PM
News Corp have dropped their takeover bid for BSkyB. Shame that Murdoch's been forced to do this by the haters when the NotW allegation have nothing whatsoever to do with the Sky bid but haters gon' hate.

He'll probably try again when the dust settles and good luck to him, its not for the government to interfere with anyway imo.

Letters
15-07-2011, 10:13 AM
She's resigned then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14166162

I would say 'done the decent thing' but that's giving her way too much credit.

dazthegooner
15-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Resigned or pushed?

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Does anyone else think it stinks that the Police have arrested Brooks two days before she was due to appear before the Select Committee?

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-07-2011, 08:01 PM
No comment.

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2011, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gOSsvLIO4&feature=player_embedded#at=183

Fox News has gotten to the bottom of the scandal... by equivocating the hackers (News Corp) with hackees.

You gotta love how deep the propaganda flows on this channel.

Also note that the "expert" talking with Doocy is not, as you may have thought, an expert on internet hacking or something similar. He owns a PR firm.

Coney
17-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Does anyone else think it stinks that the Police have arrested Brooks two days before she was due to appear before the Select Committee?

Damn right. Even now, the police still seem to be fucking it up. Also, I still do not understand why NOTW and other offices have not been raided to capture documents before they are all destroyed. Accepted a lot of stuff has probably already been trashed but at least it would be nice to see some kind of effort even if it is a bit late.

The thing stinks more all the time. Press/MPs/PMs/Police all in their cosy relationships. How can this be broken? Needs a true indepentant judicial review now.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2011, 10:19 PM
The government won't want to "interfere with an ongoing police investigation", will they? And if this investigation can last as long as possible we should be safely on to the next scandal so the fall-out from this one can be minimised and contained. The public has a short attention span.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gOSsvLIO4&feature=player_embedded#at=183

Fox News has gotten to the bottom of the scandal... by equivocating the hackers (News Corp) with hackees.

You gotta love how deep the propaganda flows on this channel.

Also note that the "expert" talking with Doocy is not, as you may have thought, an expert on internet hacking or something similar. He owns a PR firm.

Wouldn't know where to start pulling that travesty of a "news" item apart. Fox is probably the all-time low point in journalism, a shameless propaganda outfit. In some ways though it's better to have a Fox than a BBC. The propaganda that spews daily from the BBC is just as horrendous but it's far more clever and effective and therefore more harmful.

Coney
18-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't know where to start pulling that travesty of a "news" item apart. Fox is probably the all-time low point in journalism, a shameless propaganda outfit. In some ways though it's better to have a Fox than a BBC. The propaganda that spews daily from the BBC is just as horrendous but it's far more clever and effective and therefore more harmful.

I don't think the BBC spews propaganda. I think their omissions and wrong comments are basic incompetence of an inadequate staff. They have switched from being a news service to just doing 2-bit Powerpoint presentations.

GP
18-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Sean Hoare has committed suicide.

Fucking coward.

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Sean Hoare has committed suicide.

Fucking coward.

Or strategic genius.

Only time will tell.

GP
18-07-2011, 10:48 PM
The Sun have been hacked. Their website redirects to the LulzSec twitter account :haha:

V-Pig
19-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Hahaha... they told people Murdick was dead. Shame it's not true. Yet.

Anyway,

1200: Home affairs committee to hear from Sir Paul Stephenson
1315 approx: John Yates to appear before home affairs committee
1430: Culture, media and sport committee to question Rupert and James Murdoch
1530: Committee to question Rebekah Brooks

From 1400, this is live on BBC2. Looking forward to seeing the twats squirm. Squeaky-bum-time and all that.

V-Pig
19-07-2011, 07:23 AM

Are you Melanie Phillips in disguise?

Xhaka Can’t
19-07-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/131927d1265693847-funny-strange-random-pics-1265692367274.jpg

Niall_Quinn
20-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Are you Melanie Phillips in disguise?

Are you asking if I'm a ludicrously over-produced, manufactured counterbalance to the commie stage props in the media (and an all-round cunt to boot)?

Answer is no, on the first point.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Why Fox News reckons Norway isn't a Democracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EX3km583Dw&feature=player_embedded