PDA

View Full Version : Alex Song faces jail time

Tony Tuesdays
04-07-2011, 11:16 PM
ARSENAL STAR ALEX SONG IN JAIL FEAR

ARSENAL footballer Alex Song faces up to two years in prison following a late-night bar brawl.

Midfielder Alex Song, 23, has been charged with malicious wounding and will go on trial next month.

Song, who joined Arsenal from French club Bastia in 2005, is accused of beating up a student at a bar in his home city of Douala, in the African republic of Cameroon, last month.

The victim alleges the World Cup ace threw punches at him after he went to look for his girlfriend.

His lawyer said: “My client was severely beaten. We have witnesses who are ready to speak out.

“My client is a student at Douala University and he never provoked the footballer at any time. We know justice will be done.”

Song failed to attend the opening court hearing and the judge adjourned the case until August 18.

An Arsenal spokesman said the club was “aware” of the incident but would make no further comment at the moment.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/199331/Arsenal-star-Alex-Song-in-jail-fear/

Marc Overmars
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Bye.

Darth Vela
04-07-2011, 11:21 PM
He is a footballer, footballers have lots of money, money buys lawyers and lawyers know who to bribe.

Song won't be locked up.

Mr. Lahey
04-07-2011, 11:32 PM
:wave:

The Verminator
04-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Jesus Christ, when it rains it really does pour piss/shit/cum cocktails down your throat doesn't it! :o

Elreactor
04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Maybe Wenger can manage to get a few pounds for loaning him to the prison team.

At least not all the players in this team are total crap, some are just plain stupid. :banghead:

This is the perfect excuse for Wenger to tempt Denilson to stay, step up and bring his winning spirit and mental toughness to boost the starting XI.

Grebbo
04-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Wenger still wouldn't replace him.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2011, 11:42 PM
He'll be like a new signing when he gets out!

The Verminator
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Thinking about it rationally though, I'd expect an out of court settlement to solve this particular problem.

Elreactor
04-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Exactly. And as Denilson replaces him, Wenger will decline to sell Bendtner and retrain him as DM, to provide cover whenever Denilson fucks everything up.

Niall_Quinn
05-07-2011, 01:39 AM
I thought footballers were allowed to beat the shit out of anyone they like? If they prosecute Song then that's disgraceful, everyone knows footballers are above the law. Apart from Tony Adams who was a prat but hurt nobody. Is this is Arsenal thing? Is this because Wenger is black?

Japan Shaking All Over
05-07-2011, 06:35 AM
quality as always.......the last sentence should have been placed at the front though! would save anyone getting confused with AliG

danisinkz
05-07-2011, 06:46 AM
'king hilarious!!! :)

Kano
05-07-2011, 06:52 AM
hmm, pretty sure the reaction would be different if it was wilshere

Injury Time
05-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Might be quicker on his feet when he gets out, then we'll sell him :rolleyes:

V-Pig
05-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Not being funny, but from the Daily Star? C'mon. It's the tabloid of the tabloid world.

Özim
05-07-2011, 08:01 AM
What a d*ck.

First the Etoo thing then this, too big for his boots I'd say.

Wenger has them all well disciplined for sure, must be the spirit and togetherness.

selassie
05-07-2011, 08:18 AM
If this is true & Song goes down it will probably mean Arsene will try and convince Denilson to stay.

Özim
05-07-2011, 08:19 AM
If this is true & Song goes down it will probably mean Arsene will try and convince Denilson to stay.
A f*ck, Song come back all is forgiven!

Can we not get Denilson to pretend he's Song? Maybe not he's a bit too much of a pansy.

LDG
05-07-2011, 08:20 AM
There will be a waiting period until he gets out of jail.

Özim
05-07-2011, 08:24 AM
There will be a waiting period until he gets out of jail.
The waiting period will be for everyone in jail.

Coney
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Not being funny, but from the Daily Star? C'mon. It's the tabloid of the tabloid world.

Exactly. What a sad day when a report by a rag like that generates a thread like this.

Letters
05-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Exactly. What a sad day when a report by a rag like that generates a thread like this.

It's very wearying how keen people are to find ANY excuse to hammer Wenger, our players or the club in general right now.
The end of last season was desperately disappointing but moaning all frickin' summer isn't going to help.

KSE Comedy Club
05-07-2011, 12:03 PM
It's very wearying how keen people are to find ANY excuse to hammer Wenger, our players or the club in general right now.
The end of last season was desperately disappointing but moaning all frickin' summer isn't going to help.

So what should we talk about then, cause lets face it, there's fuck all positive going on at the club right now is there?

selassie
05-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Meh

Maybe if Wenger did something about the numerous personnel problems at the club fans wouldn't have anything to complain about.

KSE Comedy Club
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Meh

Maybe if Wenger did something about the numerous personnel problems at the club fans wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Ahh, dont pick on poor wenger, he's the real victim in all of this.

Joker
05-07-2011, 12:18 PM
A lot of fans have given Wenger the benefit of the doubt for the last 5 seasons, believing that he would strengthen the squad and learn from his mistakes. However, we've suffered from the same problems season after season, and Wenger seems unable to see the bleeding obvious, and make the necessary changes to the squad. Last season was the straw that broke the camel's back, and it's understandable that fans are pissed off with Wenger taking us all for mugs.

AKBapologist
05-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah Letters, not much going on beyond serial disappointment and this groundhogday reality. Don't want to get on the Wenger or Player bashing but I certainly understand it.

Letters
05-07-2011, 12:31 PM
A lot of fans have given Wenger the benefit of the doubt for the last 5 seasons, believing that he would strengthen the squad and learn from his mistakes. However, we've suffered from the same problems season after season, and Wenger seems unable to see the bleeding obvious, and make the necessary changes to the squad. Last season was the straw that broke the camel's back, and it's understandable that fans are pissed off with Wenger taking us all for mugs.

That is understandable. But people are just plain making up stuff to have a go about now.
There was a load of criticism of Clichy last season. We sell him and people moan we sold him :doh:
People moan about Song based on a rag like the Daily Star. :doh:
Geez.

If there really NOTHING else to talk about? There's plenty of scope for debate in the wake of Clichy's departure. Is Gibbs good enough to give him a chance, if not who should we get, and so on. Do we really have to have almost every sodding post negative and whining?

AKBapologist
05-07-2011, 12:35 PM
It's called being adicted to the struggle. Tbh most/all are just waiting for the first firm bit of evidence that were going to do shit a little different this summer.

Instead, the club try's it's hardest to parody it's self, without even a token attempt to fight the media narrative so far. It's like their living in a bubble.

Dog Toffee
05-07-2011, 12:44 PM
The end of last season was desperately disappointing but moaning all frickin' summer isn't going to help.:gp:

Its getting really boring this constant stream of slagging off about everything Wenger or anyone does at Arsenal atm. And these ppl call themselves supporters?! Fuck off and support Spurs.

Edit- and all these posts presuming Songs guilt before proof is silly too, PL footballers are always getting accused of stuff, like VP's rape allegation, Song wont be jailed most likely itsa just a bullshit story from a bullshit paper believed by idiots.

However if he does end up doing porriage, feel free to quote this and make me eat humble pie.

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
feel free to quote this and make me eat humble pie.

With some porriage?

And it would be nice if the sarcastic comments and digs were a bit more original. It seems the internet warriors are as stale as the club.

Power n Glory
05-07-2011, 12:53 PM
:gp:

Its getting really boring this constant stream of slagging off about everything Wenger or anyone does at Arsenal atm. And these ppl call themselves supporters?! Fuck off and support Spurs.

Edit- and all these posts presuming Songs guilt before proof is silly too, PL footballers are always getting accused of stuff, like VP's rape allegation, Song wont be jailed most likely itsa just a bullshit story from a bullshit paper believed by idiots.

However if he does end up doing porriage, feel free to quote this and make me eat humble pie.

Ahh, the 'intelligent' type of fan Wenger was referring to.

Yep, you lot should shut up and stop moaning. Patience is a sign of intelligence.

Letters
05-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Yep, you lot should shut up and stop moaning. Patience is a sign of intelligence.

We were all moaning about things which deserve to be moaned about like the ridiculous collapse at the end of last season.
People are just plain making up stuff to moan about now and that what is wearying.

Power n Glory
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
We were all moaning about things which deserve to be moaned about like the ridiculous collapse at the end of last season.
People are just plain making up stuff to moan about now and that what is wearying.

It is and they all should bugger off and support Spurs. How dare they carry on like this. We need 'real' supporters at our club. Intelligent supporters.

Dog Toffee
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Ahh, the 'intelligent' type of fan Wenger was referring to.

Bit ironic you moaning at my 'moaning'.
I'm not a doom n gloomer, I'm a proud member of the Mindless Optimism Clique, and also an Arsenal 'supporter'.
Has Song been found guilty? Is there any evidence yet? Has he even been to court? No. So ppl should wait before saying stupid stuff like 'Bye'. 'He'l be like a new signing when he gets out'.

And who was the manager that found Song for fuck all money and turned him into one of our most consistently great performers? (IMO)

Power n Glory
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Bit ironic you moaning at my 'moaning'.
I'm not a doom n gloomer, I'm a proud member of the Mindless Optimism Clique, and also an Arsenal 'supporter'.
Has Song been found guilty? Is there any evidence yet? Has he even been to court? No. So ppl should wait before saying stupid stuff like 'Bye'. 'He'l be like a new signing when he gets out'.

And who was the manager that found Song for fuck all money and turned him into one of our most consistently great performers? (IMO)

You can't tell the difference between moaning and taking the piss? Maybe Wenger was wrong. But any who....knock yourself out.

Marc Overmars
05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Wenger deserves to slagged off because he is a French cunt.

Coney
05-07-2011, 01:29 PM
With some porriage?

And it would be nice if the sarcastic comments and digs were a bit more original. It seems the internet warriors are as stale as the club.

That's easy for you to say, you great fairy.

Champagne Charlie
05-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Whilst I agree that reading some of the constantly negative posts is very tiresome, I think a lot of Arsenal fans (myself included) have serious concerns about the direction the club is heading.

Admittedly throughout the summer a lot of the negativity is based on "what ifs" (if Nasri goes, if we don't replace Cesc, etc) but then in saying that surely a lot of the positivity is also based on "what ifs" (if we buy a centre back, if we work on defensive organisation, etc)?

Personally I've always been on the positive side, but at such a cristical time for the club, I've seen nothing to suggest we're moving forward.

Not really sure what my point is! But I guess I'm just trying to say that whilst the pointless digs at at Wenger and everything Arsenal related are boring and unnecessary, surely all Arsenal fans can agree that there is real cause for concern about the current situation the club is in?

LDG
05-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm waiting until the waiting period is over before I slag Wenger off any more.

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 01:43 PM
That's easy for you to say, you great fairy.

:crying:

Your face is a fairy. And your mum.

Letters
05-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Not really sure what my point is! But I guess I'm just trying to say that whilst the pointless digs at at Wenger and everything Arsenal related are boring and unnecessary, surely all Arsenal fans can agree that there is real cause for concern about the current situation the club is in?

Agree with that but it's all the pointless, unrelenting digs which look like they're going to go on all summer which are so very tiresome.
There's plenty of cause for concern and room for debate about how things will go next season over the next few years without all that.

Coney
05-07-2011, 01:53 PM
:crying:

Your face is a fairy. And your mum.

Well. You smell. So there. :p

Coney
05-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Agree with that but it's all the pointless, unrelenting digs which look like they're going to go on all summer which are so very tiresome.
There's plenty of cause for concern and room for debate about how things will go next season over the next few years without all that.

I agree - it is like making the same digs at other posters. Isn't that right, shorty?

Champagne Charlie
05-07-2011, 01:56 PM

Yeah, very true. I'm not sure how Song allegedly beating up some chump in Africa can be turned in to all Wengers fault!

AKBapologist
05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
It's not hard!

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Some people wanted a Barton-type player.

It seems Song has stepped up.

Another avid GW reader :bow:.

Coney
05-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, very true. I'm not sure how Song allegedly beating up some chump in Africa can be turned in to all Wengers fault!

Damn right. Me - I blame Dein.

Letters
05-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I agree - it is like making the same digs at other posters. Isn't that right, shorty?

:lol:

<_<

Champagne Charlie
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Damn right. Me - I blame Dein.

:lol:

Mr.Singh
05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't know why certain posters are getting butt hurt at the comments made about wenger....you dudes need a new hero to jack off too....

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 03:10 PM
....you dudes need a new hero to jack off to....

You're my hero too. Can I?

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 08:43 PM
So what should we talk about then, cause lets face it, there's fuck all positive going on at the club right now is there?

Did we win Groundsman of the Year?

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 08:44 PM
It's called being adicted to the struggle. Tbh most/all are just waiting for the first firm bit of evidence that were going to do shit a little different this summer.

Instead, the club try's it's hardest to parody it's self, without even a token attempt to fight the media narrative so far. It's like their living in a bubble.

It's a bubble of shit, Randy. A shitbubble.

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 08:48 PM

His name is Stinky.

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 08:49 PM
it's not hard!
Thats what SHE said!

Dog Toffee
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't know why certain posters are getting butt hurt at the comments made about wenger....you dudes need a new hero to jack off too....

Never.

LDG
06-07-2011, 10:37 AM
His name is Stinky.

Stinky :bow:

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Song :doh:Can't believe I stood up for this piece of shit. Never again.Just fuck off out of our club.And take Wenger the cunt with you.

milla
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Song :doh:Can't believe I stood up for this piece of shit. Never again.Just fuck off out of our club.And take Wenger the cunt with you.

:faint:

Who are you? what have you done to Ach?