PDA

View Full Version : All things Wenger

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Quite sad listening to him. He's still as delusional as ever. Leaving Arsenal hasn't snapped him back to reality.

Following his decision to leave the Gunners after more than two decades, 68-year-old Wenger has made it clear that he wants to stay in football.

'It is exciting now because I can be tested again. That's what I want in my life. I am a competitor who wants to be tested,' he told beIN Sports.

'I don't know what will happen but I'm in front of an empty page and I have to write the next chapter.

'A big club has to have ambition,' he said. 'To get the fan to wake up and say: "Ah, today my team plays and maybe I will see something special".

'That hope that I can deliver the perfect game is my real motivator.'

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

NOTE: To cover his tracks, and as an admission of guilt by action (if not word), the notorious pro-Wenger moderator changed the title from the one he previously selected, which was "WENGCUNT", to this innocuous alternative.

Özim
31-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Quite sad listening to him. He's still as delusional as ever. Leaving Arsenal hasn't snapped him back to reality.

This is hilarious the stuff he talks about is precisely what wasn't happen with us with him here, a situation he was more than happy with.

'It is exciting now because I can be tested again. That's what I want in my life. I am a competitor who wants to be tested,' he told beIN Sports.

A competitor who hasn't been too bothered about competing since 2005 I might add.

'A big club has to have ambition,' he said. 'To get the fan to wake up and say: "Ah, today my team plays and maybe I will see something special".

Yes, I guess the ambition he's talking about is being in the top 4.

That hope that I can deliver the perfect game is my real motivator.'

This is probably the dull 5 yard passing stuff with no end result he implemented so well with us.

Letters
31-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Do you two just want to create a thread in non-Arsenal debate to keep trashing Wenger in?
It's not Arsenal related any more.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Do you two just want to create a thread in non-Arsenal debate to keep trashing Wenger in?

Why is an ex-manager not related? Do we have to go to general chat to talk about an ex-player too?

It's perfectly legitimate to keep trashing him here. If he keeps saying funny stuff then why shouldn't people laugh at him?

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2018, 02:56 PM
This is hilarious the stuff he talks about is precisely what wasn't happen with us with him here, a situation he was more than happy with.

A competitor who hasn't been too bothered about competing since 2005 I might add.

Yes, I guess the ambition he's talking about is being in the top 4.

This is probably the dull 5 yard passing stuff with no end result he implemented so well with us.

He has to write the next chapter in his voluminous horror story. Hopefully it's Chapter 962 - How I Got Real Madrid Relegated.

Letters
31-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Why is an ex-manager not related?
The "ex" part :good:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Fair enough. If the rule applies to everyone equally then I'll start posting anything not directly related to Arsenal as the club stands today in the Non-Arsenal area? Completely stupid, but your forum.

If you need any help going through all the posts that relate to people and events that used to relate to Arsenal so you can move them, I'm busy on that day.

Maestro
01-06-2018, 06:51 AM

Hell no, we want this thread to stay here and yes some of us want to keep trashing him right here. Only fair after all his bulls hit arrogance and sh rr contempt for the fans. In fact we should change the the thread title to What’s Comical Ali Doing Now?

We need a vent thread where victims of his football crimes can come and testify, this is it right here. Why don’t you and Ty just ignore the thread if you don’t like it, not trying to shut it down like Mugabe ....no meant like Wenger

Letters
01-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Moved into a new thread. Keep whining in here, if you must.
I'd rather move on and look forward to next season and a new era.
:good:

GP
01-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Hell no, we want this thread to stay here and yes some of us want to keep trashing him right here. Only fair after all his bulls hit arrogance and sh rr contempt for the fans. In fact we should change the the thread title to What’s Comical Ali Doing Now?

We need a vent thread where victims of his football crimes can come and testify, this is it right here. Why don’t you and Ty just ignore the thread if you don’t like it, not trying to shut it down like Mugabe ....no meant like Wenger

This is actually pathetic.

Letters
01-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Hence moving it all to a separate thread.
If some want to keep their little bitter sniping going about an "ex" then fine, let's keep it all in one place.
The rest of us can focus on hopefully a more positive future.

Özim
01-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Hence moving it all to a separate thread.
If some want to keep their little bitter sniping going about an "ex" then fine, let's keep it all in one place.
The rest of us can focus on hopefully a more positive future.

Makes me laugh, you're happy to snipe at other managers but when it comes to Wenger you won't say a word against him, guess what when he comes out with nonsense just like any other manager people will have their say. Those words he's come out with are total nonsense based on the last decade, so glad the guy is finally nothing to do with the club anymore.

Letters
01-06-2018, 09:01 AM
so glad the guy is finally nothing to do with the club anymore.

So you agree this is the right place for your whining.
Carry on, sweet-cheeks. :tiphat:

Marc Overmars
01-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Wenger cocksuckers!

Mac76
01-06-2018, 10:08 AM
guys guys, calm down, deep breaths, take it easy... :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Good grief. A forum mod creating a new thread with a deliberately provocative title and then pinning another poster's name to it. Why?

Because Wenger was laughed at.

Embarrassing. A new low.

Letters
01-06-2018, 10:15 AM
A forum mod creating a new thread with a deliberately provocative title and then pinning another poster's name to it.
That was not deliberate, not actually sure how to change it. I guess it just lists the name of the person whose post I moved first.
If you want me to change the title I can.

You agree this is the right place for it, so did Zim.

You spent the last year infecting every sodding thread with this nonsense but you at least had some justification then. You don't any more.
So by all means if you're so obsessed with the guy you have to keep talking about him then go nuts. But do it in here.

Let's keep Arsenal debate for...Arsenal debate.

:tiphat:

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:28 AM
That was not deliberate, not actually sure how to change it. I guess it just lists the name of the person whose post I moved first.
If you want me to change the title I can.

You agree this is the right place for it, so did Zim.

You spent the last year infecting every sodding thread with this nonsense but you at least had some justification then. You don't any more.
So by all means if you're so obsessed with the guy you have to keep talking about him then go nuts. But do it in here.

Let's keep Arsenal debate for...Arsenal debate.

:tiphat:

Approved Arsenal debate? Do you have a definitive list of what we may or may not talk about?

Such a shame the thread was accidentally isolated and manipulated in this way. It happens I guess. In places like China and Russia usually.

I assume this is a rule reserved for myself and the likes of Zim? I mean you won't actually be enforcing such a blatantly ridiculous policy across the board will you? Even though that would be fair handed, not even I would expect you to stoop to such nonsense. No talking about Wenger unless it is in a specially reserved thread. WTF?

But I'm the one who's obsessed?

Dear oh dear.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:33 AM

And that's YOUR opinion. Expressed without alteration.

You see how this works?

Letters
01-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Do you want me to change the thread title or not, sulky pants? :lol:

If so, what to?

Letters
01-06-2018, 10:44 AM
And that's YOUR opinion. Expressed without alteration.

You see how this works?

:lol: Look, you silly bastard! I've not deleted or edited or moved any of your million posts whining about Wenger or calling him every name under the sun over the last couple of years, have I?
No. No, I haven't.
So stop being a prick and pretending you're being censored or picked on. I haven't altered any of your posts here either.
This is now nothing to do with Arsenal so I moved it to the right place.
Am I going to be strict about that with every topic? Probably not.
But this incessant whining was bringing the whole place down over the last couple of years. And fine, there wasn't much else to talk about then. But there is now.
If you want to continue treating a now ex-manager like an ex-wife who took your house and kids to set up home with your best mate then go nuts.
I'm not stopping you. But please do it here and let's talk about Arsenal in Arsenal debate.

You can keep on pretending I'm being unreasonable if you like, but you know I'm not.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Do you want me to change the thread title or not, sulky pants? :lol:

If so, what to?

You want me to participate in a clean up effort? No thanks.

It's only fair you retain 100% ownership.

Letters
01-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I don't want anything. You seemed to be complaining about the thread title I chose and the fact the thread is under your name.
The latter I don't think I can do anything about, yours just happened to be the first post I moved.
The former I can if you want me to. Otherwise I'll leave it as is.

Letters
01-06-2018, 10:51 AM
A thread for whining about Wenger and all his Wengerness.
Have fun, chaps.

Letters
01-06-2018, 10:54 AM
A thread for whining about Wenger and all his Wengerness.
Have fun, chaps.

:doh:

That was my attempt to move it under my name. But because your post is the oldest it still went under your name :lol:

Well, I tried. Can still change the title if requested.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:56 AM
:lol: Look, you silly bastard! I've not deleted or edited or moved any of your million posts whining about Wenger or calling him every name under the sun over the last couple of years, have I?
No. No, I haven't.
So stop being a prick and pretending you're being censored or picked on. I haven't altered any of your posts here either.
This is now nothing to do with Arsenal so I moved it to the right place.
Am I going to be strict about that with every topic? Probably not.
But this incessant whining was bringing the whole place down over the last couple of years. And fine, there wasn't much else to talk about then. But there is now.
If you want to continue treating a now ex-manager like an ex-wife who took your house and kids to set up home with your best mate then go nuts.
I'm not stopping you. But please do it here and let's talk about Arsenal in Arsenal debate.

You can keep on pretending I'm being unreasonable if you like, but you know I'm not.

Really, I get it already. No negative posts about Wenger by myself (and possibly other privileged members) on the main forum, except to this one thread created by yourself. Reason being, Wenger has nothing to do with Arsenal. Got it.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:59 AM
I don't want anything. You seemed to be complaining about the thread title I chose and the fact the thread is under your name.
The latter I don't think I can do anything about, yours just happened to be the first post I moved.
The former I can if you want me to. Otherwise I'll leave it as is.

I hear you. I have always found the censorship tools on vBulletin to be clunky. They could do a better job of it.

Letters
01-06-2018, 11:02 AM
It's fun pretending not to know what censorship means, isn't it? :)
If you're good I'll let you start new threads about him in this section if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
:hug:

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 11:08 AM
If you're good I'll let you start new threads about him in this section if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

He who shall not be named?

Multiple free speech zones out of the way of the main forum. Is this the bit where I thank you?

Nozza!
01-06-2018, 12:44 PM

Oi, mediocre mod, well it's a start. Don't suppose you could open up a section on the forum where the Keyboard Anarchist can only post his conspiracy theory clap trap and hectoring rhetoric? That way the rest of us have a choice whether we wish to be educated on fake news, the Deep State and why the rise of Arsene Wenger is a harbinger of the Harrowing ...

Letters
01-06-2018, 12:48 PM
1) I love you, Nozza :lol:
2) Sadly not. General Chat is a perfectly adequate place for rantings of all kinds by all people.

Xhaka Can’t
01-06-2018, 07:22 PM

If we had a like function, I’d like this post.

Xhaka Can’t
01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Approved Arsenal debate? Do you have a definitive list of what we may or may not talk about?

Such a shame the thread was accidentally isolated and manipulated in this way. It happens I guess. In places like China and Russia usually.

I assume this is a rule reserved for myself and the likes of Zim? I mean you won't actually be enforcing such a blatantly ridiculous policy across the board will you? Even though that would be fair handed, not even I would expect you to stoop to such nonsense. No talking about Wenger unless it is in a specially reserved thread. WTF?

But I'm the one who's obsessed?

Dear oh dear.

If only there was a way you could just fuck away off.

China and Russia, damn you to hell.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 09:06 PM
If only there was a way you could just fuck away off.

China and Russia, damn you to hell.

Jesus dude :lol:

Even in this backwater of this little forum? Still too much for you?

So sensitive.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Oi, mediocre mod, well it's a start. Don't suppose you could open up a section on the forum where the Keyboard Anarchist can only post his conspiracy theory clap trap and hectoring rhetoric? That way the rest of us have a choice whether we wish to be educated on fake news, the Deep State and why the rise of Arsene Wenger is a harbinger of the Harrowing ...

Oi mush. You have a choice anyway. Read it , don't read it.

Or better yet, ditch the drive by cunt routine and say something worthwhile yourself. When was the last time you managed it?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2018, 09:24 PM
He does regularly but he was heavily censored.

I think this thread is a bit embarrassing really, do we even need to continue to talk about the same thing? Don't you want to move on from talking about him?

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 09:41 PM
The thread is totally embarrassing. But not for the reasons you are implying.

I get the mods stick together. But you know Letters fucked this one up big time.

How many weeks are we past a guy leaving who was here for 22 years? And the censored post was in the Wenger thread, which was open, not locked. And in response to a newspaper interview that Wenger gave. If there's a policy not to talk about Wenger any more then announce it and lock the relevant threads. Or are we supposed to be mind readers?

Do I want to move on from talking about Wenger because Letters gets bunched up about it? What do you think?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2018, 09:49 PM
No I'm asking because you've been forcefully venting your spleen for well, I can't even remember how long.

Yes the Wenger thread was open but nothing had been posted since 16/05, probably because he left three days hence and us nobody else needs say anything now - what's the point us declaring not to dredge up the same before when that isn't being actively talked about?

I think you're being disingenuous trying to suggest it's still open season along with claiming everybody else is with you too. You were delighted he was leaving and yet you still want to agitate yourself it seems.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 10:10 PM
No I'm asking because you've been forcefully venting your spleen for well, I can't even remember how long.

Yes the Wenger thread was open but nothing had been posted since 16/05, probably because he left three days hence and us nobody else needs say anything now - what's the point us declaring not to dredge up the same before when that isn't being actively talked about?

I think you're being disingenuous trying to suggest it's still open season along with claiming everybody else is with you too. You were delighted he was leaving and yet you still want to agitate yourself it seems.

Where did I suggest it's still open season on anything? I said what I was talking about was relevant and in the relevant thread. And I didn't speak for anyone else.

And I'm not going to be dragged into a debate to change the focus either. Letters had plenty of choices. He could have said no more Wenger posts. He could have responded to the post with his own opinion. But he chose to move it to the non-Arsenal section and add a title that was designed to colour the content of the thread before anything else.

There's a reason certain posters past and present hate the bloke. I don't hate him but I can see why they do. Yourself and GB can carry out the mod duties without abusing the tools you have in the heat of the debate. Letters can't. If I spent the last year laying siege to Wenger the Letters was every bit the counterpart, with his usual bullshit "I think he should be sacked" punchline thrown in for very thin cover. I'm not the only one who remarked on the comedy of it. And now one little posting has tipped him into doing something entirely stupid. I don't envy the other mods here trying to clean up the guy's mess.

Read his pathetic justifications in this thread yourself. Even he knows he fucked up.

Read the opening post to this thread too btw. There's no spleens being injured. I quote Wenger and then have a laugh. His comments were notable because any Arsenal fan will easily see his stated beliefs are the exact opposite of the reality. It's funny. Letters couldn't handle it and got his mod tools out.

Anyway, it's good the thread is here now. GW already has the #1 and #2 search spots for Wengcunt and now I'm guessing it will get spot #3. A nice little introduction to Letters and his bullshit.

Xhaka Can’t
01-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Jesus dude :lol:

Even in this backwater of this little forum? Still too much for you?

So sensitive.

In a totalitarian state I could have you killed for that.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2018, 11:13 PM
In a totalitarian state I could have you killed for that.

Our actions are mild as yet, but the principles are matched perfectly. We saw that last week when people were running around missing the point in their eagerness to hate Robinson. Letter's nature is very much in line with any Westminster or Politburo technocrat. And his excuses are as incredible.

Letters
02-06-2018, 07:30 AM
so glad the guy is finally nothing to do with the club anymore.

Even Zim gets it. Zim! :lol:

NQ does too of course, he's just pretending not to. If there was an Oscar for playing dumb...

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Even Zim gets it. Zim! :lol:

NQ does too of course, he's just pretending not to. If there was an Oscar for playing dumb...

Boo hoo. Somebody laughed at uncle Arsene. Letters to the rescue. And now the little bitch won't own it.

Mac76
02-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Anyway...

I vote to have a slighrly less aggressive thread name like 'All things Wenger (ex-Arsenal)'

Yes?

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Anyway...

I vote to have a slighrly less aggressive thread name like 'All things Wenger (ex-Arsenal)'

Yes?

Why? Let the cunt stew in his creation.

Letters
02-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Anyway...

Yes?

Left off the "ex-Arsenal" bit as that's a given, but agreed. Done.
N_Q is too busy pretending not to understand what has happened (when he does) and that everyone agrees with him (when they don't) to suggest anything.
Thanks.

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Left off the "ex-Arsenal" bit as that's a given, but agreed. Done.
N_Q is too busy pretending not to understand what has happened (when he does) and that everyone agrees with him (when they don't) to suggest anything.
Thanks.

Keep twisting, snake. Always somebody else's fault, isn't it?

So now you cleaned up your shit title. Well done. Keep scrubbing.

This one's out of the box now fucker, and it's not going back in. So let's see what you're made of shall we?

Marc Overmars
02-06-2018, 12:08 PM
NQ is great. The forum would be a poorer place without him.

Globalgunner
02-06-2018, 02:21 PM
NQ is great. The forum would be a poorer place without him.

Plus Letters would be bored out of his mind too.

Master Splinter
02-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Letters is great. The forum would be a poorer place without him.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Spotted going for a boat ride in Cambridge today with his daughter. Seems like he's reunited with his former partner.

https://i.imgur.com/yCT8OAa.jpg

Glad to see he's enjoying his time off.

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2018, 06:19 PM
Plus Letters would be bored out of his mind too.

Hardly. He has his daily WUMing rounds and he'd still need to post his regular 300 Newsthump links. Busy and very worthwhile guy.

GP
02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Letters is a very stable genius.

Letters
02-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Letters is a very stable genius.

My hands are also massive ##

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2018, 11:50 PM
My hands are also massive ##

Massive dick?

No doubt you are.

Mac76
03-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Spotted going for a boat ride in Cambridge today with his daughter. Seems like he's reunited with his former partner.

https://i.imgur.com/yCT8OAa.jpg

Glad to see he's enjoying his time off.

Things never change by the looks of it - still up the creek without a paddle

Cripps
03-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Did he even pay for the ride the cheapskate :lol:

Nozza!
04-06-2018, 11:23 AM
When was the last time you managed it?

Oi, geezer, twice on Friday with the wife. Look, I get your analysis of global events I am familiar with the thoughts of Baldelli, Proudhorn and Woodcock and understand the lengths controllers of capital will go to to protect their interests. You're clearly bright and well read, but dude try other styles of imparting your take on things or else get yourself a good editor...

Niall_Quinn
04-06-2018, 11:58 AM
Oi, geezer, twice on Friday with the wife. Look, I get your analysis of global events I am familiar with the thoughts of Baldelli, Proudhorn and Woodcock and understand the lengths controllers of capital will go to to protect their interests. You're clearly bright and well read, but dude try other styles of imparting your take on things or else get yourself a good editor...

Thanks. That's what I asked for, that's what you provided.

But, you may have noticed, I hardly ever (if ever) initiate these things. I'd happily keep my thoughts beyond football to myself on this forum, if others did the same. It's not the incidents or events that wind me up to the point of hyperventilation, it's the smug ignorance with which they are greeted by complacent people. Does my head in.

Niall_Quinn
04-06-2018, 03:55 PM
After Wenger's fighting talk last week he now wants to clarify that by "ambitious" and "competitive" he means not so ambitious and not so competitive.

'I still want to be a coach, yes. Do I still want to throw myself into absolutely crazy challenges? I don't know.

'It's a job that requires total commitment.

'I have to take a little distance, which I've never done. I have to ask myself how much I will miss being a coach. How will I manage to live with the lack of adrenaline which is part of my job?'

Sounds like he might turn Marketing down, no matter how much they beg.

Some accounting firm in Kyoto that occasionally organises Sunday kickabout after a good sake session might be his best bet.

Nozza!
05-06-2018, 07:13 AM
Oi mush. You have a choice anyway. Read it , don't read it.

Or better yet, ditch the drive by cunt routine and say something worthwhile yourself. When was the last time you managed it?

Oi, mediocre mods, any chance you could change my tag to "Nozza! (drive by cunt)"?...

Letters
26-08-2018, 04:21 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-45288089

Wenger :bow:

GP
26-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Knight Grand Commander of the Humane Order of African Redemption.

:bow:

LDG
17-10-2018, 07:33 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45893574

Mac76
17-10-2018, 09:55 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45893574

I love the 'assistant to Thierry Henry' option :haha:

And Henry wants to emulate a great manager he admires - Guardiola :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45893316

Wenger :pal:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Rumours abound that Wenget will replaced Gattuso at Milan.

Gazidis clearly left so he could get Wenger to shield him from a tough time again.

Marc Overmars
05-11-2018, 07:54 PM
That would be so bizarre if Wenger and Gazidis were to work together again. :lol:

Mac76
06-11-2018, 12:47 AM
That would be so bizarre if Wenger and Gazidis were to work together again. :lol:

Work? I always thought Wenger sat at his desk playing with a paperweight or something, i saw no signs of him managing the team in the last decade or so...

Power n Glory
06-11-2018, 07:38 AM
Wenger in advanced talks to become the new AC Milan manager. With Gazidis being appointed as the new CEO or whatever his title, that theory about Gazidis trying to oust Wenger was well off the mark if this happens.

Looking at what happened with the LA Rams, it's possible the Kroenke's drew their own conclusion.

As for Wenger, I can't say I'm surpised about him not going for the Bayern and Real Madrid jobs. If he goes to AC Milan, that must rule out all possibilities of a CL trophy. The expectation won't be that high to win trophies but it's a legacy club and not as bad as taking on a midtable club with no real history of success. All parties involved with this appointment must know what they are signing up for. It's disappointing.

Özim
06-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Clearly AC Milan don't have any ambitions of winning anything otherwise they wouldn't employ a guy who has failed time and time and again for over a decade. Emery has come in and in 4-5 months has already made a huge difference which shows how poor a job Wenger was doing.

On top of that if this does happen it also further confirms how great it was we got rid of Gazidis because clearly he rated Wenger and kept him at the club. Honestly don't understand why any club with any crumb of ambition would give this guy a job, he's not going to bring them any kinda of success, what they need is someone dynamic who wants to build something and is hungry to succeed, not someone who gives his own definition to success.

AC Milan use to be such a huge club who's goal was success and for years they were successful, sad for them that it's no longer the case.

GP
06-11-2018, 10:38 AM
He's gone now, you can stop saying dumb shit.

Letters
06-11-2018, 10:41 AM
:lol:

Letters
06-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Power n Glory
06-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Harsh words from Zim but there is some truth there. Why would AC Milan appoint a combination of Gazidis and Wenger? They must like what they saw of the pair at Arsenal and considering we were never title contenders, I don’t think it’s unfair to assume that the owners are looking at a different type of success.

You have said that Wenger did well to keep us top 4 whilst going through the stadium transition and we’ve managed to improve our infrastructure and boost our revue income over the years. The AC Milan owners must be looking to replicate that.

Each club has their own approach and vision on how they want to function but I just can’t understand why Wenger isn’t going all out for titles and that CL trophy at this point in his career. If Arsenal was such hard work and he felt he suffered and stayed too long, why go through that again?

Özim
06-11-2018, 10:59 AM

Yes and thank goodness for that but it's not dumb at all, he's a proven failure and any club with any ambitions of success would be foolish to employ him, Emery has proved that, a few months with us and we already look a much better team, this despite minimal personnel changes so far.

Özim
06-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Harsh words from Zim but there is some truth there. Why would AC Milan appoint a combination of Gazidis and Wenger? They must like what they saw of the pair at Arsenal and considering we were never title contenders, I don’t think it’s unfair to assume that the owners are looking at a different type of success.

You have said that Wenger did well to keep us top 4 whilst going through the stadium transition and we’ve managed to improve our infrastructure and boost our revue income over the years. The AC Milan owners must be looking to replicate that.

Each club has their own approach and vision on how they want to function but I just can’t understand why Wenger isn’t going all out for titles and that CL trophy at this point in his career. If Arsenal was such hard work and he felt he suffered and stayed too long, why go through that again?

I just don't get it, AC Milan have some money due to the owners now, they have a history of success, bringing in a guy like him really seems odd, clearly they have are happy to stay in the shadow of Juventus.

As you say the team of Gazidis and Wenger is already tested and failed to achieve success and failed to show any progression, with those two we in fact started to regress after standing still for countless years.

Milan are already top 4 as it stands and it's not tht hard to be top 4 in Italy, there's really only Juve and Napoli who are any good (and maybe Roma inconsistently), the rest are nothing special.

They don't need Wenger, they need a top coach who can bring in the right players, apply some disciplines and who is tactically astute, then they might have a chance of being more successful, as it stands they'll be nowhere.

Once upon a time they were one of the best sides in Europe and the best in Italy with top players throughout their squad, it's sad to see how they have fallen to be honest. Juventus have got to be where they aim to be.

Letters
06-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Or you can keep saying dumb shit if you pref...oh, you have.

SMatthews
06-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Good luck to the man.

Milan stand about as much chance of winning the Italian title as every other team that isn’t Juventus. Which is pretty much zero. If he can get them into the CL on a regular basis again and help restore their status as a club big players would want to play for then I’m sure they’ll be happy.

If it does happen it shows how easily fans are tricked into believing the rumours and bollocks that spreads around the internet. I always had a feeling it was the owner rather than Gazidis who wanted him out. The media love a good ‘narrative’ and this whole play for power soap opera bullshit was exposed the moment Gazidis left to go to Milan.

Letters
06-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Moved all these posts to the Wenger topic.
Seems to have jumbled up the order a bit, soz.

Power n Glory
06-11-2018, 11:48 AM
Moved all these posts to the Wenger topic.
Seems to have jumbled up the order a bit, soz.

Why move it? Wenger is still part of the Arsenal fabric and we've discussed former players and life after Arsenal so why move this from the main thread?

Letters
06-11-2018, 12:00 PM
I suppose for the sake of consistency - I set up this thread initially because I was getting a bit sick of all the vitriol and thought it was good to keep the Arsenal section a bit more pure and forward-looking.
I don't care as much as I did but as there was an ongoing conversation I thought I'd just move the whole lot.

Özim
06-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Good luck to the man.

Milan stand about as much chance of winning the Italian title as every other team that isn’t Juventus. Which is pretty much zero. If he can get them into the CL on a regular basis again and help restore their status as a club big players would want to play for then I’m sure they’ll be happy.

Let's hope we draw Milan in the last 16 of the CL whenever we get back into it, it will be a free bye to the next round! :lol:

There's no reason why Milan couldn't challenge Juve, they have the history, the finances, they just need a decent manager who signs the right players now, you can't take the attitude that there's no way you can challenge them so why bother or you'll never win anything.

Getting into the top 4 in Italy isn't hard to be honest, like I said there's 2 maximum 3 decent teams, so there's one or two places up for grabs for anyone it's no great achievement, they sit in 4th place at the moment in fact.

Power n Glory
06-11-2018, 01:04 PM
I suppose for the sake of consistency - I set up this thread initially because I was getting a bit sick of all the vitriol and thought it was good to keep the Arsenal section a bit more pure and forward-looking.
I don't care as much as I did but as there was an ongoing conversation I thought I'd just move the whole lot.

That's pretty weak because we don't move discussions on former players what they're doing after they've moved on. You're sick of the conversation but it shouldn't be up to you to move a topic to back pages so it can't be seen. Wenger and Gazidis are still part of the Arsenal fabric and considering the last few years we have had, it shouldn't be moved to a non Arsenal section.

SMatthews
06-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Let's hope we draw Milan in the last 16 of the CL whenever we get back into it, it will be a free bye to the next round! :lol:

There's no reason why Milan couldn't challenge Juve, they have the history, the finances, they just need a decent manager who signs the right players now, you can't take the attitude that there's no way you can challenge them so why bother or you'll never win anything.

Getting into the top 4 in Italy isn't hard to be honest, like I said there's 2 maximum 3 decent teams, so there's one or two places up for grabs for anyone it's no great achievement, they sit in 4th place at the moment in fact.

Look at the recent list of managers and players they’ve bought. They’ve languished in mid-table for so long that they are no longer the draw they once were, money or not. That’s why they and everyone else can barely touch Juve as the league isn’t a draw in general. CL football and being able pay big money is the combination they need to restore their status. Milan haven’t finished in the top four since 2013. They’ve had foreign money since 2016 but haven’t done much. Look how easily we rolled them over last season. Shows getting into the top 4 in Italy isn’t that easy and money doesn’t guarantee an automatic route to glory.

Globalgunner
06-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Neil Bamfield and Boro Primorac, goalkeeping coach Gerry Peyton and fitness coach Tony Colbert, will all be licking their lips. "Lets get the old gang together again. This time over pasta"

Letters
06-11-2018, 04:26 PM
it shouldn't be up to you to move a topic to back pages so it can't be seen.
:lol: It shouldn't be up to a mod to make moderation decisions?
Can't be seen? This isn't some backwater part of the forum and I put in both this thread and the one it came from a message what I'd done so people could continue the conversation.
You clearly found it OK...

Wenger and Gazidis are still part of the Arsenal fabric and considering the last few years we have had, it shouldn't be moved to a non Arsenal section.
I disagree. Neither are employed by the club so what they do now is nothing to do with Arsenal.

Marc Overmars
06-11-2018, 04:27 PM

The CL is a closed shop and frankly so are most of the top domestic leagues. We're only talking about 4 or 5 clubs really if guaranteed titles and a possible CL is on offer and Wenger is never going to be considered good enough for them now.

An underachieving club with potential (like Milan) suits his style of management and reputation I think. If he succeeds he'll go down as the man who woke a sleeping giant, if he fails it will barely be a footnote in his career. Nothing to lose.

Power n Glory
06-11-2018, 04:55 PM
:lol: It shouldn't be up to a mod to make moderation decisions?
Can't be seen? This isn't some backwater part of the forum and I put in both this thread and the one it came from a message what I'd done so people could continue the conversation.
You clearly found it OK...

I disagree. Neither are employed by the club so what they do now is nothing to do with Arsenal.

It's a personal decision because you can't stand when people take swipes at Wenger. We've had discussions about Gazidis in the Arsenal section after he left. Sanchez and former players are mocked on a regular basis in these sections. But it's cool. You're a mod. Do as you please and continue to kill the site. :good: Isn't this the same thing that caused NQ to leave?

Letters
06-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Do as you please and continue to kill the site.
Oh please. If you want I can dig out the stats of posts per day going back to the beginning.
You'll see there's been a slow and steady decline since its peak over 10 years ago.
I don't believe that's because of anything I or any of the other mods have done, it's just that messageboards as a thing are mostly declining, people argue and troll on FB and Twitter and so on these days.
I'll admit that I don't know what I'm doing with online marketing, if anyone does and they can work on Google ranks and other ways of publicising the site in a way which might invigorate the place then great.
But if you really think that me moving a few posts is "killing the site" when the moderation here is pretty much non-existent most of the time then I'd suggest you're being a bit silly.
Other boards I've looked at have far stricter moderation.

Isn't this the same thing that caused NQ to leave?
Sort of. He was actually banned (not by me) because he became so unpleasant.
The root of him becoming so was me moving some posts and creating this thread.
And pretty much everyone who expressed an opinion couldn't believe he had such an over-reaction to it.
I mean, you don't agree with what I've done which is fine, but you're just having a moan, you're not calling me every name under the sun and being really nasty about it.

Does it really matter? I'm not censoring anyone, no posts were deleted, I explained what I did and the conversation has continued.
This IS the right place to talk about Wenger - and yes, I guess I should apply that consistently but I generally don't bother, I did on this occasion because it was turning into a more protracted conversation and I noticed (I don't always).

Özim
06-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Look at the recent list of managers and players they’ve bought. They’ve languished in mid-table for so long that they are no longer the draw they once were, money or not. That’s why they and everyone else can barely touch Juve as the league isn’t a draw in general. CL football and being able pay big money is the combination they need to restore their status. Milan haven’t finished in the top four since 2013. They’ve had foreign money since 2016 but haven’t done much. Look how easily we rolled them over last season. Shows getting into the top 4 in Italy isn’t that easy and money doesn’t guarantee an automatic route to glory.

Yes very true, they've got a terrible record of bringing in awful managers, they're a very poor side, but spent a fortune was recently, they just don't seem to be able to employ decent managers, if they had they'd be top 4 for sure.

Money can guarantee some success, but you need to pick good managers as well, Milan seem to pick managers that are former players with little experience in management which hasn't worked very well for them, a decent manager would certainly have them challenging Napoli and possibly run Juve close, that man isn't Wenger of course as the best he can get is top 4, anything else is beyond him.

Özim
06-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Other boards I've looked at have far stricter moderation

Not sure I agree, there's another big Arsenal forum where they get away with a whole lot more than you'd get away with here to be honest.

Özim
06-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Does it really matter? I'm not censoring anyone, no posts were deleted, I explained what I did and the conversation has continued.
This IS the right place to talk about Wenger - and yes, I guess I should apply that consistently but I generally don't bother, I did on this occasion because it was turning into a more protracted conversation and I noticed (I don't always).

Seems to me you apply a different rule when it's Wenger as PNG says, for some reason you don't like to see anything remotely negative regarding him, with everyone else it's fine but not Wenger, to be honest I don't get why, like you said he's gone so if anything you should be fine with it now.

Özim
06-11-2018, 05:45 PM
An underachieving club with potential (like Milan) suits his style of management and reputation I think. If he succeeds he'll go down as the man who woke a sleeping giant, if he fails it will barely be a footnote in his career. Nothing to lose.

I don't see the merits of Wenger for any club who have any ambitions of success, there's plenty of better managers out there, why would you settle for him? As for putting Gazidis and Wenger back together, IMO it's a nonsensical decision, those two really really made a mess of Arsenal, Gazidis with his poor business acumen and Wenger with his stubborness and just simple inablity to manage at the top level, I just don't get why anyone would want to pair those two again.

SMatthews
06-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Yes very true, they've got a terrible record of bringing in awful managers, they're a very poor side, but spent a fortune was recently, they just don't seem to be able to employ decent managers, if they had they'd be top 4 for sure.

Money can guarantee some success, but you need to pick good managers as well, Milan seem to pick managers that are former players with little experience in management which hasn't worked very well for them, a decent manager would certainly have them challenging Napoli and possibly run Juve close, that man isn't Wenger of course as the best he can get is top 4, anything else is beyond him.

It’s the same reason why they haven’t been able to attract the top tier managers. Partly because ownership has changed hands 3 times in as many years and also because it isn’t the most attractive job anymore. Getting them into the top 4 regularly, attracting better players is their first step. Just like us at the moment. It’s a good fit for Wenger. One they’re established again, then they can kick on.

SMatthews
06-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Not sure I agree, there's another big Arsenal forum where they get away with a whole lot more than you'd get away with here to be honest.

Apart from calling everyone a cunt in every post, what can’t you do on here? Since I’ve joined I can’t say I’ve noticed many major rules being implemented.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-11-2018, 08:59 PM
This is definitely the most liberal Arsenal forum I've been on.

GP
06-11-2018, 09:45 PM
You will literally get away with grooming on here.

Globalgunner
07-11-2018, 06:59 AM
No panic lads. Wenger has confirmed its fake news.

Or in other words: Milan made an offer, but he did not see it

Letters
07-11-2018, 09:21 AM

Bless your heart for implying we are still a big Arsenal forum :hug:
I signed up to Glory Glory one time, it was around the era when our reserves got thumped by them in the Hokey Cokey Cup.
They were creaming their collective pants about that and I posted something innocuous like "Really?" (bemused at how excited they'd got about beating our reserves) and got banned :lol:
I'm sure there are forums where "anything goes", there are definitely other forums which are much stricter.
Overall I think we've always had a light touch approach here and I think that's worked - I don't buy that the decline on this place has been because of overbearing moderation, if anything people have left because we've let too much go.

Thank you for your interest in our affairs though :cool:

Özim
07-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Apart from calling everyone a cunt in every post, what can’t you do on here? Since I’ve joined I can’t say I’ve noticed many major rules being implemented.

If you disagree with the general viewpoint you can get banned on here, you just need to say one thing wrong, it's not so much the case now but certainly in the Wenger days if a mod didn't like what you were saying then you were in trouble, a number of people got banned because of it, it was seen as wumming, but in fact it was just not agreeing with the opinion of many on the board.

If you agreed you could get away with a fair amount however.

I don't really agree with that to be honest, you should be able to have a different view to others about the management/club etc that doesn't warrant banning, if you do something ut of order than fine, but some have and have got away with it, but those who were anti Wenger never did.

Özim
07-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Bless your heart for implying we are still a big Arsenal forum :hug:
I signed up to Glory Glory one time, it was around the era when our reserves got thumped by them in the Hokey Cokey Cup.
They were creaming their collective pants about that and I posted something innocuous like "Really?" (bemused at how excited they'd got about beating our reserves) and got banned :lol:
I'm sure there are forums where "anything goes", there are definitely other forums which are much stricter.
Overall I think we've always had a light touch approach here and I think that's worked - I don't buy that the decline on this place has been because of overbearing moderation, if anything people have left because we've let too much go.

Thank you for your interest in our affairs though :cool:

Look at Goonersworld, they pretty much say whatever they want on there without any issue, if you didn't like Wenger and made it clear, however much you did it was fine, hence the reason Cripps is on there.

My issue with it here is that it was OK to have a go at people who had an opinion different to the general consensus, but when the other person did anything they'd be told to pipe down and accused of wumming. If you look at those banned, they were almost solely against Wenger.

Özim
07-11-2018, 10:49 AM
No panic lads. Wenger has confirmed its fake news.

Or in other words: Milan made an offer, but he did not see it

Common sense prevails!

Letters
07-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Wenger to rejoin Arsenal then? :pray:

Letters
19-02-2019, 07:41 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2019/02/19/jose-mourinho-names-arsene-wenger-one-best-managers-football/

Wenger :bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Fuhking class.

Get in Prof!

Marc Overmars
19-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Nice to see him smiling again, he looks about 10 years younger already. Hopefully he doesn't bother coming back to coach, it's not worth it at his age.