PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply Box

Letters
08-07-2011, 09:29 AM
With this new version, I don't think it was happening before. If I move the mouse cursor out of the Quick Reply box it moves the scrollbar in a long message to near the top so I have to scroll down again if I want to resume typing. Damned annoying, it is!

Boss
08-07-2011, 10:05 AM
The new version sucks dick tbh.

Letters
08-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Care to elaborate in a slightly more helpful way? :rolleyes:

IBK
08-07-2011, 10:18 AM
With this new version, I don't think it was happening before. If I move the mouse cursor out of the Quick Reply box it moves the scrollbar in a long message to near the top so I have to scroll down again if I want to resume typing. Damned annoying, it is!

I was going to make the same point, but didn't know how to express myself properly. its a real pain!

GP
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
The new version sucks dick tbh.

:gp:

Letters
08-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Care to elaborate in a slightly more helpful way? :rolleyes:

:gp:

<_<

Jofnn
08-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Couple of questions:

What browser(s) are you using to browse the site?
What version of the browser(s) are you using?
What Operating System are you using?
Does it happen all the time, or at random times?
Can you provide a screenshot of it?

I'll add these to a bug report I'm compiling for vb (as in - the designers of the software), as I've noticed some other issues with the new editor (including telling you that it'll leave the page, despite the fact that you're asking it to post a reply!)

Letters
09-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Think it might be an IE issue, it happens at work but not at home (I use Firefox here)
Happens all the time, I think I have version 7 of IE at work and we run XP (still, although Windows 7 is apparently en route).

Hard to provide a screenshot but basically if you're typing in the quick reply box, it's a long message and ths scroll bar appears and you're still typing if you then move the mouse out of the quick reply box then the message scrolls away from the bottom of the box and you have to scroll back to the bottom when you want to start typing again. Annoying!

Jofnn
09-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Think it might be an IE issue, it happens at work but not at home (I use Firefox here)
Happens all the time, I think I have version 7 of IE at work and we run XP (still, although Windows 7 is apparently en route).

Hard to provide a screenshot but basically if you're typing in the quick reply box, it's a long message and ths scroll bar appears and you're still typing if you then move the mouse out of the quick reply box then the message scrolls away from the bottom of the box and you have to scroll back to the bottom when you want to start typing again. Annoying!

I haven't "personally" seen that one, but I do get issues with the "navigate away" sort of message... Now, I use chrome predominantly, but would be interested to see if it happens on other browsers!

Once I've got a few examples, I'll log up a bug report!

Letters
11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I haven't "personally" seen that one, but I do get issues with the "navigate away" sort of message... Now, I use chrome predominantly, but would be interested to see if it happens on other browsers!

Once I've got a few examples, I'll log up a bug report!

Can you run the site in IE and see if you can see what we mean? Type a long message in quick reply and as you're typing move your mouse out of the quick reply box and you should see the issue. The message about navigating away from the page seems to have been mentioned by a few people too so that needs looking at. It happens if you try to go elsewhere on the board mid-edit which I guess is OK but I have seen it occasionally when I post I think. Need to check that one again.

Jofnn
12-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Can you run the site in IE and see if you can see what we mean? Type a long message in quick reply and as you're typing move your mouse out of the quick reply box and you should see the issue. The message about navigating away from the page seems to have been mentioned by a few people too so that needs looking at. It happens if you try to go elsewhere on the board mid-edit which I guess is OK but I have seen it occasionally when I post I think. Need to check that one again.

I'll have a look at the IE part tonight...

As for the navigating away, it does sometimes do it when you try to submit... I mentioned in another post in this section about having an inclination it may be linked to the auto-save function... but again, that's unconfirmed.

I'll do a load of tests over on the test board and see if I can replicate all mentioned errors... and subsequently look at how to fix them!

Letters
12-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I think the navigate away and auto save things are probably linked