PDA

View Full Version : Can we judge AW on this then? ...

budesonide
08-07-2011, 09:46 PM
"I can understand that people say ‘you have money, just go out and buy’. But it’s not only that, we want to find the quality we need."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-are-working-long-nights-to-sign-players-

So can we?

Kano
08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
you love a good bold eh?

i not really clear on what you are trying to say.

that link isn't working by the way

budesonide
09-07-2011, 02:19 PM
here is the link again:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-are-working-long-nights-to-sign-players-

basically, the point I was making is that money is not an excuse for wenger (this time around anyway) based on that statement. Apparently the only issue for him is finding the so-called 'quality' we need to spend the money on.

But I suppose we've heard all that before -- ahem--

Joker
09-07-2011, 02:51 PM
He's just coming out with pathetic excuses. Other teams don't seem to have trouble finding the requisite quality. Wenger's eye for spotting top quality players is vastly overrated IMO (the evidence in the last 5-6 years is overwhelming) and he's simply lying to us aswell. The problem is that Wenger and the board are more concerned with making profit for the holding company than achieving serious success on the football pitch. The poster Alan B'Stard was right when he said we're not longer a football club first. We're a business first, with our primary motivation to give our shareholders a good return on their investment. Wenger's the chief financial officer of this business, and on those free market principles he's doing a good job for the board.

Kano
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
here is the link again:

basically, the point I was making is that money is not an excuse for wenger (this time around anyway) based on that statement. Apparently the only issue for him is finding the so-called 'quality' we need to spend the money on.

But I suppose we've heard all that before -- ahem--

he's been judged already, surely?

budesonide
09-07-2011, 04:05 PM
he's been judged already, surely?

yeah, by the doom and gloomers :wink:

budesonide
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
good to see arseblog also picked up on it:

...All the same, he really doesn’t help himself though with some of the stuff. This for example:

"We are at the top level and therefore need exceptional quality to strengthen our side. I can understand that people say ‘you have money, just go out and buy’. But it’s not only that, we want to find the quality we need."

That’s getting very, very old now. As is talking about how we were ‘so, so close’ to winning something last season. We were close to winning the Carling Cup but got beaten by a pack of relegated Hans Moleman managed shitkickers. In the end we finished 12 points from the top of the league, in fourth, and overtaken by City and Chelsea as our end of season collapse kicked in. I would dispute the fact that we need ‘exceptional quality’ to improve us, just some better players.

And then, talking about Thomas Vermaelen he said, with a smile, when talking about new players:

"We have already added Thomas Vermaelen who has not played last year".

Seriously? Has nobody told him this Like A New Signing thing is rage inducing bollockery of the highest order? It’s just so frustrating. We haven’t added Thomas Vermaelen. Thomas Vermaelen is available again. This idea of passing off the return of a seriously injured player as an addition to the squad drives me mad. I mean, I know where’s he’s coming from, we all do, but still.

fakeyank
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
good to see arseblog also picked up on it:

...All the same, he really doesn’t help himself though with some of the stuff. This for example:

"We are at the top level and therefore need exceptional quality to strengthen our side. I can understand that people say ‘you have money, just go out and buy’. But it’s not only that, we want to find the quality we need."

That’s getting very, very old now. As is talking about how we were ‘so, so close’ to winning something last season. We were close to winning the Carling Cup but got beaten by a pack of relegated Hans Moleman managed shitkickers. In the end we finished 12 points from the top of the league, in fourth, and overtaken by City and Chelsea as our end of season collapse kicked in. I would dispute the fact that we need ‘exceptional quality’ to improve us, just some better players.

And then, talking about Thomas Vermaelen he said, with a smile, when talking about new players:

"We have already added Thomas Vermaelen who has not played last year".

Seriously? Has nobody told him this Like A New Signing thing is rage inducing bollockery of the highest order? It’s just so frustrating. We haven’t added Thomas Vermaelen. Thomas Vermaelen is available again. This idea of passing off the return of a seriously injured player as an addition to the squad drives me mad. I mean, I know where’s he’s coming from, we all do, but still.

Arseblog has been trying to refrain himself from criticizing AW as much as possible but his tone is slowly but surely changing the last couple of months. Everybody is slowly seeing the light that AW is way past it and its time to change managers at AFC!