PDA

View Full Version : Wenger Wants To Add "1 or 2"

The Verminator
09-07-2011, 12:33 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-are-working-long-nights-to-sign-players-

Why am I not surprised?

Also he "knows all the clubs in the world"...:arry:

LDG
09-07-2011, 02:26 AM
He's gonna get lynched :haha:Shut the fuck up Arsene. Do it now, or you will lose your job.

Syn
09-07-2011, 04:27 AM
1 or 2 what? Testicles, I hope.

Ralpheroo72
09-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Didnt see this one coming....

He is dreaming, and he will (better) lose his job.

Injury Time
09-07-2011, 07:08 AM
1or2 in each position :woohoo: ..........oh.....well don't we need at least 1 to replace Clichy? Has vision of Arsene doing running man to that "shuffling, shuffling" track <_<

Letters
09-07-2011, 08:49 AM
1 or 2 what? Testicles, I hope.

:lol:

I can't see anything wrong with what he's said tbh. We don't need to go nuts and buy 6 top class players, we do probably need one or two and, as Syn says, some balls.

Boss
09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Going to be just the same as the last few transfer windows then.

Wenger hasn't learned anything, the mong.

Xhaka Can’t
09-07-2011, 09:10 AM
I believe he is talking assuming we keep hold of Nasri and Fabregas. Even so, "one or two" is somewhat short of what we need. For starters, rate him or not, we need to replace Clichy. We also need to strengthen the center of our defence. We need desperately to get rid of and replace Denilson, Rosicky, Eboue and Diaby in midfield. Up front, we have one striker of suitable quality, and he is injury prone.

If Wenger means what he says, next season is over before it begins. If however it is one of his "smokescreens", we've had enough of this garbage and he'd be best advised to say nothing rather than spout this baloney. Unfortunately, I believe the former, and this contradicts everything Gazidis told the AST.

Good times.

Power n Glory
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
That means Gervinho could be our only real signing this season. He said one or two. I get the feeling we won't sign a CB this season and there is no justification for such a decisison. We've just sold Clichy and we've hardly spent anything from our transfer budget. If we don't lose Nasri and Cesc this season, they'll be gone by next season along with a few others.

Players in the squad want to see ambition from the club and I'm sure they'd all be happy if we showed that. Wenger is taking another huge gamble and besides having two unhappy players in the squad, we may have problems with the players that up for contract renewals next season. What he's doing is really demotivating.

Özim
09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
One or two after last season's nightmare and already having lost a player.

It's BS or he's being honest, both scenario's are frankly ridiculous though, why say 1 or 2 if you don't mean it when you know it will p*ss people off....on the other hand 1 or 2 is nowhee near enough to make up for what we lack....we need a number more than that.

What an idiot this guy is, I mean seriously is there anyone else in the football world who has such an inability to learn from his mistakes...wish he would just f*ck off now, he's too deluded for words.

Özim
09-07-2011, 09:51 AM

I can't see anything wrong with what he's said tbh. We don't need to go nuts and buy 6 top class players, we do probably need one or two and, as Syn says, some balls.
You're crazy if you think we need one or two, for a start Clichy has already gone, then we need a decent CB, after that we need a striker who can score goals, a winger (looks like Gervinho) was also needed. I'd argue we need decent cover to replace cr*p like Denilson and Rosicky too.

Özim
09-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Going to be just the same as the last few transfer windows then.

Wenger hasn't learned anything, the mong.
Of course it is, people are deluding themselves if they think otherwise, this guy is clueless to be honest...in 6 years he's not manager to learn a thing, it's frightening how his many flaws have been so exposed in this time.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
One or two after last season's nightmare and already having lost a player.

It's BS or he's being honest, both scenario's are frankly ridiculous though, why say 1 or 2 if you don't mean it when you know it will p*ss people off....on the other hand 1 or 2 is nowhee near enough to make up for what we lack....we need a number more than that.

What an idiot this guy is, I mean seriously is there anyone else in the football world who has such an inability to learn from his mistakes...wish he would just f*ck off now, he's too deluded for words.

Nah Its just the Wenger annual BS fest. He always comes out with this sort of thing this time of the year. Id ignore what he says tbh.

Özim
09-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Nah Its just the Wenger annual BS fest. He always comes out with this sort of thing this time of the year. Id ignore what he says tbh.
Thing is he also never signs anyone decent or enough players, so going by that this summer is going to be no different (he's done the same when we've lost 2 players before as well).

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Thing is he also never signs anyone decent or enough players, so going by that this summer is going to be no different (he's done the same when we've lost 2 players before as well).

Just best to ignore him tbh and he'd be best not saying anything at all. Seems to be proving Wright right at the moment.

LDG
09-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I did actually think he was going to make major changes this summer. However, looks like I will have to brew that massive dump. That letter box is gonna take one hell of a beating.

Power n Glory
09-07-2011, 10:29 AM
The part about us coming close to winning the title and hoping the disappointment provokes a response from the players should worry everyone. That's what he is banking. Literally. He'll bank the money and take a risk with these players even though he was saying the same sports psychology shit last season and went on our worst run under him in years.

We waited and waited for that response and it never came. We dropped from 2nd to 4th. He's prepared to take the same risks again. He does this all the time. Talks big when the seasons over but then starts back tracking and as the season draws closer he'll get more defensive about his team and talk them up even more. Don't believe the hype.

selassie
09-07-2011, 10:33 AM
It's not Arsene's style to make major changes.

He won't be replacing Clichy with a signing, he's already stated that Gibbs should be given a chance so he's doing his internal promoting stuff again, no surprise really.

You know I wouldn't put it past Arsene to not replace Cesc if he eventually leaves, he'll probably come out with his "Ramsey/Diaby" can play there bit.

That statement from Arsene about working long and hard to find the "right" player is just his customary mid pre-season statement, a day after the window closes when we've signed nobody of note he'll come out with his "we nearly signed player x,y,z...but the price was too high"

Arsene can't & won't change...expect more of the same next season.

Joker
09-07-2011, 10:33 AM
This is fucking nonsense, we need more than "1 or 2" players if we're serious of even maintaining our top 4 spot. Firstly, turds like Denilson, Bendtner, Arshavin will probably be shipped out, so we'll need replacements for those players, as well as a new LB to replace Clichy. I think at the very least one out of Cesc and Nasri will leave, and it is imperative we get a proper replacement for him. Then there's the fact we simply need to add to the squad, to improve it not just to replace those who leave. In my opinion we need at least 4-6 new players if we want to improve on last season's pathetic performance, but our deluded twat of a manager claims "1 or 2" is sufficient. He's said that for the last 3 fucking years, and in each occasion it's been shown that was mistake, as we've fallen away at the end of the season due to insufficient quality in depth.
I give up with Wenger, this guy's lost the plot and he's taking us down with him.

selassie
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
The part about us coming close to winning the title and hoping the disappointment provokes a response from the players should worry everyone. That's what he is banking. Literally. He'll bank the money and take a risk with these players even though he was saying the same sports psychology shit last season and went on our worst run under him in years.

We waited and waited for that response and it never came. We dropped from 2nd to 4th. He's prepared to take the same risks again. He does this all the time. Talks big when the seasons over but then starts back tracking and as the season draws closer he'll get more defensive about his team and talk them up even more. Don't believe the hype.

:gp:

Totally agree.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 10:38 AM

This....

Joker
09-07-2011, 10:46 AM
This....

It's like groundhog day every summer with Wenger. He throws out an immense amount of BS, hoping something sticks. Every season for the last 3 years has seen the obvious flaws in this squad exposed, and yet Wenger seems oblivious to the fact that significant surgery is needed to repair this broken squad.

Power n Glory
09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm sick of it. I could see this coming from a mile off. A few will try to brush this off as a smokescreen or convince themselves that Wenger is right, but how many times can you see and hear the same thing but fail to spot the pattern?

Slacker
09-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Ever seen the film "Being There"?

AW = Chance The Gardener :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 11:23 AM
It's like groundhog day every summer with Wenger. He throws out an immense amount of BS, hoping something sticks. Every season for the last 3 years has seen the obvious flaws in this squad exposed, and yet Wenger seems oblivious to the fact that significant surgery is needed to repair this broken squad.

Seems to be lies after lies with this club from Board to manager, AW promised he spend big this summer, but once again it looks like he may have gone back on his word.

Makes Ivan look like a mug too

Its becoming tedious

Özim
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
There's such a losers mentality at the club now, why doesn't someone tell him that every season he says the same about learning and getting better and everyone season we pretty much don't and end up collapsing again.

I can't understand a manager defending the stuff we saw last season, some of it was frankly amateurish and embarrassing for the club and yet he hails our achievements like we were unlucky and have something to prove.

It's been shown this team have nothing to prove as they don't give a sh*t, when the going gets tough they go missing.

Is he really that intelligent if he can't see what right in front of his nose?

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 12:23 PM
There's such a losers mentality at the club now, why doesn't someone tell him that every season he says the same about learning and getting better and everyone season we pretty much don't and end up collapsing again.

I can't understand a manager defending the stuff we saw last season, some of it was frankly amateurish and embarrassing for the club and yet he hails our achievements like we were unlucky and have something to prove.

It's been shown this team have nothing to prove as they don't give a sh*t, when the going gets tough they go missing.

Is he really that intelligent if he can't see what right in front of his nose?

Lets be real if he don't strenghen this summer, he knows there won't be pressure because he can say he is buliding again and use the young team excuse. the team will know all they need to do is get top 4 and the board will be happy with saving money and more going in their pockets.

we'd be better off dropping into the europa league early if we don't spend.

Coney
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Firstly, "1 or 2" does not mean literally only 1 or 2.

Secondly, if he wants to bluff the market to not giveaway what he actually intends. Any clues to those who we intend to buy from or sell to will probably mess up our dealings.

Until the transfer window is complete, I am holding fire.

Boss
09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm sick of it. I could see this coming from a mile off. A few will try to brush this off as a smokescreen or convince themselves that Wenger is right, but how many times can you see and hear the same thing but fail to spot the pattern?

Pretty much.

Cripps_orig
09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Wenger is just getting embarrassing now

Fats
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Wenger is a liar been saying it for years, and he has never let's me down

Alias
09-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Wenger's arse must be jealous of the shit that comes out his mouth.

Globalgunner
09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
"1 0r 2"? that`ll be "new signing" Vermaelen and Gervinho, then. Job done. Good ol` Arsene, the man probably thinks he could make millions selling perforated condoms.

cricketsi
09-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Wenger wants to add 2"? I should forward him the contents of my hotmail junk inbox.

Xhaka Can’t
09-07-2011, 05:57 PM
He needs to get them signed quick - they need time to get accustomed to their teammates and any system we are likely to employ. Fergie really has the right idea in this regard - I doubt we'll see much more from United in this transfer window.

fakeyank
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Wenger's arse must be jealous of the shit that comes out his mouth.

:haha: :haha:
That had me ROFL!

Power n Glory
09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Firstly, "1 or 2" does not mean literally only 1 or 2.

Secondly, if he wants to bluff the market to not giveaway what he actually intends. Any clues to those who we intend to buy from or sell to will probably mess up our dealings.

Until the transfer window is complete, I am holding fire.

Come on, dude. I hear this sort of response all the time.

When has Wenger ever bluffed like this and actually delivered more than we actually expected? I can't recall him doing this in recent years. He's followed the same pattern for at least the last three or four seasons now. He never bluffs the market and if he's tried to, it never works.

We can wait until the window closes, he may surprise us, but past behaviour suggests otherwise.

IBK
09-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Thanks for this. I concur.

The Wengerbabies
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Another year, same quotes. Prick.

The thing is we know from previous experience one or two players means 0. Cunt.

Özim
10-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Another year, same quotes. Prick.

The thing is we know from previous experience one or two players means 0. Cunt.
Pretty much.

Kano
10-07-2011, 12:38 PM
no wonder wenger 'speaks down' to fans if that is the best they can come up with

Özim
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
no wonder wenger 'speaks down' to fans if that is the best they can come up with
He talks down to the fans because he think he's superior which considering he can't even spot and solve simple problems with the team and comes up with delusional nonsense is pretty shameful.

Kano
10-07-2011, 12:45 PM
He talks down to the fans because he think he's superior

judging by the juvenile name calling i'd say he's not far wrong

Özim
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
judging by the juvenile name calling i'd say he's not far wrong
He's completely wrong, that's why he can't win jack sh*t and most people want him out. His ridiculous words hardly point to a man who knows what's he doing either.

He's finished at the top level and the sooner he leaves the better tbh.

Joker
10-07-2011, 12:48 PM
His superior attitude towards the fans is disgusting. This is no way to treat supporters, many of whom travel 100s of miles to support the team away from home, and keep singing despite the team putting up an abject, cowardly performance. Can you imagine Fergie doing the same? Of course not, because there's a connection with the fans at Man Utd, unlike here where the board, Chief Exec and manager all act as if we're a burden on the club with our lofty expectations, and in an ideal world we would be replaced by compliant prawn sandwich eaters more interested in appearing trendy than supporting the team through thick and thin.

Kano
10-07-2011, 12:49 PM
lol touched a nerve i see

Özim
10-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Not really our fault Wenger makes a plank of himself almost everytime he opens his mouth tbh.

Joker
10-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Not really our fault Wenger makes a plank of himself almost everytime he opens his mouth tbh.

The thing is he comes out with the same shit every season, which clearly means he takes the fans for fools.

Xhaka Can’t
10-07-2011, 01:33 PM

Trolling often achieves that.

Kano
10-07-2011, 02:34 PM
depends how sensitive a bird you are i guess

budesonide
10-07-2011, 05:55 PM
His superior attitude towards the fans is disgusting. This is no way to treat supporters, many of whom travel 100s of miles to support the team away from home, and keep singing despite the team putting up an abject, cowardly performance. Can you imagine Fergie doing the same? Of course not, because there's a connection with the fans at Man Utd, unlike here where the board, Chief Exec and manager all act as if we're a burden on the club with our lofty expectations, and in an ideal world we would be replaced by compliant prawn sandwich eaters more interested in appearing trendy than supporting the team through thick and thin.
spot on!
this is what happens when you go corporate.
If it wasn't for the fact that it was a football club, the 'moany' fans would have been fired and replaced with brown-nosing scums whose main priority will be to say 'AW/the board knows' for the rest of eternity.
Fortunately we only have to deal with condescension from the board and the manager and put up with comments like 'people are impatient' in response to questions regarding the ambitions of the FOOTBALL club.
C'est la vie!

Grebbo
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Our "like new signings" Gibbs and Verm will soon be injured and then when they're fit towards the end of the season "they'll be like new signings again". :scarf:

Wenger's signed RVP 15 times.

fakeyank
10-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Our "like new signings" Gibbs and Verm will soon be injured and then when they're fit towards the end of the season "they'll be like new signings again". :scarf:

Wenger's signed RVP 15 times.

I have lost count on how many times we have signed Diaby! :lol:

Flavs
10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I did actually think he was going to make major changes this summer. However, looks like I will have to brew that massive dump. That letter box is gonna take one hell of a beating.

Keep the faith bro, he is unlikely to show his hand by statimng he needs 7 players as it gets everyones juices going and silly mopney comes out, plus it alerts the others to start following us around seing who we are trying to buy and makes agents start creating stories (like the downing one) We cant buy that many playerrs due to the squad restrictions admittedly but i think shipping out Almuinia and the hopeless Bendtner is a great start, hopefully denilson and Rosicky are next. Also JET, Eastmond and Lansbury having gone to the far east so they may walk as well.

its all good just wait longer

Coney
10-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Come on, dude. I hear this sort of response all the time.

When has Wenger ever bluffed like this and actually delivered more than we actually expected? I can't recall him doing this in recent years. He's followed the same pattern for at least the last three or four seasons now. He never bluffs the market and if he's tried to, it never works.

We can wait until the window closes, he may surprise us, but past behaviour suggests otherwise.

Wenger said at the end of the season that things had not worked out and that he would have to make changes. Gazidis said the same at the AST - that he and Wenger knew that they needed to change the approach, so past behaviour is not an issue unless you think Wenger is lying. Of course, if you DO think he is lying, why are you accepting it is a literal truth when he says '1 or 2'?

What I see all the time is posters accepting any number of rumours about us selling Cesc to Barca and Citeh for various sums, Nasri to Citeh, manu and others for a pittance and so on - that Wenger is wrong to let them go, etc. etc. but when Wenger says specifically that he does not want Cesc and Nasri to go and is working hard to make them say, these direct comments are ignored by the same posters.

Which way do people want it? Or do they just want to lay into Wenger no matter what he does?

GP
10-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Or do they just want to lay into Wenger no matter what he does?

You answered your own question there.

Coney
10-07-2011, 08:17 PM

Spotted that, eh? ;)

Xhaka Can’t
10-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Regardless of whether you want to suck Wenger's cock, hate him with the fire of a thousand suns, or something inbetween, the simple fact is, he needs to sort out our shit quickly. We saw from the busi ness end of last season, we haven't got what it takes to compete and win things. There appears to have been an initial acknowledgement of the need to make material change this season. If that is indeed the view held within the Club, we need to act now to give us a chance of bedding in new players. United have done this and we will be facing them, Liverpool and a couple of CL qualifiers, all before the transfer window shuts.

Carrying out our business towards the arse end of the transfer window just won't do if we don't want to be facing a season that is on its way to being over before it starts.

Özim
10-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Wenger said at the end of the season that things had not worked out and that he would have to make changes. Gazidis said the same at the AST - that he and Wenger knew that they needed to change the approach, so past behaviour is not an issue unless you think Wenger is lying. Of course, if you DO think he is lying, why are you accepting it is a literal truth when he says '1 or 2'?

What I see all the time is posters accepting any number of rumours about us selling Cesc to Barca and Citeh for various sums, Nasri to Citeh, manu and others for a pittance and so on - that Wenger is wrong to let them go, etc. etc. but when Wenger says specifically that he does not want Cesc and Nasri to go and is working hard to make them say, these direct comments are ignored by the same posters.

Which way do people want it? Or do they just want to lay into Wenger no matter what he does?
Believe what you want to believe, but it's been shown many times before he never does the necessary. 1 or 2 is exactly that, we've heard it many times before even when we've sold players, it's not about what he says it's about what he's done for going on 6 years that's plenty of proof for me.

As for saying he's not selling players, said exactly the same about Anelka, Petit and Overmars so it's doesn't mean a lot. His comments just exasperate a situation that the fans already expect, we know what will happen because nothing ever changes with Wenger....and if you look at his words recently about being so close you can see the same pattern again.

As I've said before everytime a timeline is set, posters change it when nothing happens....whether it be let's see what happens by the end of the summer, at Xmas, after the season, on the 1st of July or at the end of July or whenever else.

Nothing's gonna change.

budesonide
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM

No he hasn't.

Wenger says he's got money, the only thing remaining is finding the real 'top quality' players we need to add to the squad. It appears he can never find, quickly enough, any better players than the bunch of bottlers we have turning up in our kit the past 5 years! --- what more, it seems it is taking him forever to address obvious and admitted flaws in the team.

Have we seen this pattern before? YES!

He has already come out with the 'Vermaelen is like a new addition' line. Soon -- and I hope I am wrong -- he will come out with the 'the squad is strong, it doesn't need any major surgery; if we can find one or two of real players of quality we will look to add them'.

Oh wait; he's already spouted that.

I guess we now have to pray that the dreaded reeling out of stats regarding our performance last season to justify not having to make any major signings come the end of the window doesn't happen!

Do you see a pattern?

GP
10-07-2011, 09:11 PM

fakeyank
10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Regardless of whether you want to suck Wenger's cock, hate him with the fire of a thousand suns, or something inbetween, the simple fact is, he needs to sort out our shit quickly. We saw from the busi ness end of last season, we haven't got what it takes to compete and win things. There appears to have been an initial acknowledgement of the need to make material change this season. If that is indeed the view held within the Club, we need to act now to give us a chance of bedding in new players. United have done this and we will be facing them, Liverpool and a couple of CL qualifiers, all before the transfer window shuts.

Carrying out our business towards the arse end of the transfer window just won't do if we don't want to be facing a season that is on its way to being over before it starts.

AW buying players at the end of the season will be his new excuse for failure, 'players need 6 months to 1 year' to adapt to the Premiership! Well, you sly cock, if you wouldve bought them earlier and had them integrate with our training, playing style and the culture, it wouldnt a problem, would it?! Like so many posters have said, its becoming a patern and everyone bar the rose tinted glass supporters (Optimism Clique) can see it.

budesonide
10-07-2011, 09:21 PM
AW buying players at the end of the season will be his new excuse for failure, 'players need 6 months to 1 year' to adapt to the Premiership! Well, you sly cock, if you wouldve bought them earlier and had them integrate with our training, playing style and the culture, it wouldnt a problem, would it?! Like so many posters have said, its becoming a patern and everyone bar the rose tinted glass supporters (Optimism Clique) can see it.

yeah, but we were in a 'waiting period' --- waiting to see who we can sell then balance the books with bargain signings to record a profit.

Power n Glory
10-07-2011, 09:37 PM

And on the other end of the spectrum, you've got those that will defend him no matter what.

Love him or hate him...I don't care, but the point is, if you've watched our transfer dealings over the past few seasons, you should at least be able to spot the trends and patterns by now. The noise coming from the manager should set off a few alarm bells. The fact that it's taken us a couple of months to sign a small time player from A small French club should be a worry as well. If we're having trouble with this sort of deal, then I'm not holding my breath over a big name signing.

Optimistic Clit members are too defensive and just ignore blatant issues and that's what's annoying. We're not 1 or 2 players away from being championship material.

GP
10-07-2011, 09:45 PM
And on the other end of the spectrum, you've got those that will defend him no matter what.

Right, but there aren't many of them, are there? Are there any on here at all?

Xhaka Can’t
10-07-2011, 09:48 PM

Zim.

But only if you take into account alternative universes.

Power n Glory
10-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Well, the same can be said for the othe side of the spectrum. It's a minority. People are only commenting on Wenger's one or two signing comments and it's raised eyebrows on here and other blogs I've read from Arseblog to Le Grove. The fact is, most Gooners who've been paying attention over the years get a horrible whiff of deja vu when Wenger starts talking like this.

Master Splinter
10-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Optimistic Clit

What is this?

budesonide
10-07-2011, 11:42 PM
What is this?

a big fanny? :o:

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post

Optimistic Clit

What is this?

or it could be a pessimistic cock?

hey guys what's all the negativity towards the MOC - didn't you know that being oblivious to the truth is hip these days - it's called 'a waiting period'

IBK
11-07-2011, 10:13 AM
It's not Arsene's style to make major changes.

He won't be replacing Clichy with a signing, he's already stated that Gibbs should be given a chance so he's doing his internal promoting stuff again, no surprise really.

You know I wouldn't put it past Arsene to not replace Cesc if he eventually leaves, he'll probably come out with his "Ramsey/Diaby" can play there bit.

That statement from Arsene about working long and hard to find the "right" player is just his customary mid pre-season statement, a day after the window closes when we've signed nobody of note he'll come out with his "we nearly signed player x,y,z...but the price was too high"

Arsene can't & won't change...expect more of the same next season.

I agree mate. I was making the same point on my 'what are we expecting' thread. people expecting to see a radically different approach from our manager are dreaming...

Fist of Lehmann
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
I agree mate. I was making the same point on my 'what are we expecting' thread. people expecting to see a radically different approach from our manager are dreaming...

You can't blame folks for dreaming. Dreaming is part of what being a football fan is all about.

Given:

a) The collapse +
b) The vocal disaffection
c) The financial fair play thing meaning...
d) The Wenger quotes about being for the first time very active &
e) The Gazidis quotes about whatever it is he said at the AST meeting...

It began to look like a watershed year. Gervinho is a start, hopefully it's not the finish.

Niall_Quinn
11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
This is Wenger. He's a stubborn, out of touch, past it, delusional, arrogant man who places himself and his ideas above the club. He's been proven spectacularly wrong but he's not prepared to compromise or even change a single thing. For some inexplicable reason he still thinks the current crop of players is up to the challenge, he continues to sign players (like Gervinho) who fit in with his idealistic vision rather than the realities of the league we play in and he remains in penny-pinching mode all the way despite the fact the fans have been fleeced again. Frankly, the guy has swung from being the best manager we ever had to the worst. He's heading off a cliff fast and he's taking us with him and the greedy cowards in the board room seem absolutely content with proceedings. But then again, it seems the board is happy regardless provided money is flowing in and never out. Even when they bank £7million from the sale of our starting left back this is what you get from Wenger, another voyage into his policy that has been failing for half a decade now.

Arsène Wenger has hinted that he might not invest in a replacement for Gael Clichy.

The French left back brought his eight-year spell with Arsenal to a close this month when he signed for Manchester City, leaving Wenger without one of his most senior players ahead of the 2011/12 season.

However, the Arsenal manager has a full England international waiting in the wings and he is happy with his back-up options too.

"The plan for left back is that we have Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore and Thomas Vermaelen can play there too. So we have what we need," said Wenger.

You have to hope he's joking but history tells us he's not. I didn't want to see the guy sacked, I wanted him to leave quietly. I didn't want to see him booed, I wanted his departure to be respectful in light of what he has done for the club in the past. Now I just want him out of here as fast as possible and I don't care how it's done or how many eggs get broken in the process. The biggest challenge facing Arsenal this year is how to get rid of Wenger. Can it be done, is there a way to detach ourselves from him so we don't follow him over the precipice?

selassie
11-07-2011, 01:10 PM
This is Wenger. He's a stubborn, out of touch, past it, delusional, arrogant man who places himself and his ideas above the club. He's been proven spectacularly wrong but he's not prepared to compromise or even change a single thing. For some inexplicable reason he still thinks the current crop of players is up to the challenge, he continues to sign players (like Gervinho) who fit in with his idealistic vision rather than the realities of the league we play in and he remains in penny-pinching mode all the way despite the fact the fans have been fleeced again. Frankly, the guy has swung from being the best manager we ever had to the worst. He's heading off a cliff fast and he's taking us with him and the greedy cowards in the board room seem absolutely content with proceedings. But then again, it seems the board is happy regardless provided money is flowing in and never out. Even when they bank £7million from the sale of our starting left back this is what you get from Wenger, another voyage into his policy that has been failing for half a decade now.

You have to hope he's joking but history tells us he's not. I didn't want to see the guy sacked, I wanted him to leave quietly. I didn't want to see him booed, I wanted his departure to be respectful in light of what he has done for the club in the past. Now I just want him out of here as fast as possible and I don't care how it's done or how many eggs get broken in the process. The biggest challenge facing Arsenal this year is how to get rid of Wenger. Can it be done, is there a way to detach ourselves from him so we don't follow him over the precipice?

I agree NQ, you know I'm just tired of Wenger and his flawed policies. I don't even think he's bluffing about the left back situation, he's being deadly serious, Gibbs/Traore as first choice left backs come next season. Honestly? It's totally ludicrous.

I actually think it's sad it's come to this and really don't understand what Wenger is doing anymore.

Letters
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Frankly, the guy has swung from being the best manager we ever had to the worst.

Behave :rolleyes:

Xhaka Can’t
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Behave :rolleyes:

I agree with you on that point, but you are far too preoccupied with selective quoting to support your bias.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I didn't want to see the guy sacked, I wanted him to leave quietly. I didn't want to see him booed, I wanted his departure to be respectful in light of what he has done for the club in the past. Now I just want him out of here as fast as possible and I don't care how it's done or how many eggs get broken in the process. The biggest challenge facing Arsenal this year is how to get rid of Wenger. Can it be done, is there a way to detach ourselves from him so we don't follow him over the precipice?

Exactly how i feel.

The Verminator
11-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Gibbs and Traore...fuck me, that's scary! :(

Niall_Quinn
11-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Gibbs has an extra year of treatment under his belt now so he should be well up for the first game. If we get the full 90 minutes out of him before he's injured that will be progress.

Kano
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM

i dont think we were any more full of confidence when cole and clichy came in

Sirjackofwilshere
11-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Just to add cheer to this happy fest...Wenger interviewd Gazidis for the CEO job.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 09:53 PM

No way is Gazidis ever going to stand up to Wenger then.

Sirjackofwilshere
11-07-2011, 09:56 PM
yah. I find it incredible really..In what business does the employee interview and critique his future boss?! ridicluous

Kano
11-07-2011, 09:59 PM
any chance of you saying where you got that from

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
any chance of you saying where you got that from

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/3528397/New-Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-will-not-Disneyfy-Arsenal-as-Arsene-Wenger-approves-move-Football.html

Kano
11-07-2011, 10:07 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/3528397/New-Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-will-not-Disneyfy-Arsenal-as-Arsene-Wenger-approves-move-Football.html

He received Wenger's personal seal of approval in a face-to-face meeting at Arsenal's London Colney training ground 10 days ago on the Sunday following the home defeat by Aston Villa, where the scope of Gazidis's role was discussed.

fucking 'ell it's like blood from a stone. that could mean he met him with others and said in retrospect he like the guy, he could mean he interview him one on one, it could mean he met him after he sat down with others beforehand at the training ground

that guy above seemed very certain, so instead of grey areas something concrete to follow a statement like that would be nice?