PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Duo Nicklas Bendtner & Manuel Almunia In Move Talks

Master Splinter
09-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner and goalkeeper Manuel Almunia are in talks with other clubs over moves away from the Emirates.

The pair were omitted from the 23-man squad that will travel to Asia on Sunday for a pre-season tour.

An Arsenal spokesman confirmed this was so the pair could undertake negotiations over potential transfers.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is expected to clarify details over the impending moves at a press conference on Monday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14094433.stm

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/53957000/gif/_53957752_untitled-1.gif

I thought the joyous notion of Dennis Bendtner leaving deserved a new thread.

Better than a new signing tbh.

:dancingman:

Joker
09-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Thank fuck these turds are leaving. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-07-2011, 03:28 PM
losing them is no big deal but not replacing them is

I could have stood Manu staying if it meant he was 3rd choice but a squad needs 3 first team keepers - could the story of Gordon have some weight after all?

jaguars4ever
09-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds like Arsene is cleaning up house.

Just don't forget to bring in new furniture after you've off-loaded the deadwood!

cricketsi
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
losing them is no big deal but not replacing them is

I could have stood Manu staying if it meant he was 3rd choice but a squad needs 3 first team keepers - could the story of Gordon have some weight after all?

Nope, Mannone is 3rd choice.

Kano
09-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Bendtner obviously isn't rubbish.

What he needs is regular first team football to develop, which he won't get at Arsenal.

Özim
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
When's Denilson leaving?

Japan Shaking All Over
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM

good enough? how any games did he play out on loan, where was it Hull?

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Nah he'll be more or less sold or loaned out with a top GK coming in

When's Denilson leaving?
Im sure once these to duds go he should be next

cricketsi
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Nah he'll be more or less sold or loaned out with a top GK coming in

Im sure once these to duds go he should be next

I don't think a top 'keeper is incoming, and I'm fine with Szczczdzszfzgzhzkzuzny as 1st choice. Fabianski and Mannone are fine as 2nd/3rd choice if they're happy with that.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think a top 'keeper is incoming, and I'm fine with Szczczdzszfzgzhzkzuzny as 1st choice. Fabianski and Mannone are fine as 2nd/3rd choice if they're happy with that.

Just can't see mannone sticking around tbh, he will wan't playing time we won't give him.

north bank nutter
09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Bendtner obviously isn't rubbish.

What he needs is regular first team football to develop, which he won't get at Arsenal.

Dont know how many times youve seen bendtner, but every time I have hes been a pile of turd. He cant dribble, he cant control a pass, he cant hold the ball up, he cant take on his man, hes not a prolific finisher. The only thing he can do is massage his ego.

Kano
09-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Dont know how many times youve seen bendtner, but every time I have hes been a pile of turd. He cant dribble, he cant control a pass, he cant hold the ball up, he cant take on his man, hes not a prolific finisher. The only thing he can do is massage his ego.

sure. i'm confident he'll end up playing amateur football then

north bank nutter
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
He's an average premiership striker which means he will fit in somewhere like aston villa or sunderland. Arsenal have always had exceptional strikers down the years. Bendtner is not fit to lace ian wright, dennis bergkamp or thierry henry's shoes.

Xhaka Can’t
09-07-2011, 08:36 PM
The thing with Bendtner is, he aint bad. He is an ok stiker that will do well at somewhere like Aston Villa or Everton where he will be the main man. But he is prevented from moving to these Clubs because we have been overpaying him on a massive scale.

selassie
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes!!! :dancingman:

Let's just hope these moves go ahead. :pray:

Vela, Denilson, Rosicky & Squillaci next out the door please? :pray:

Kano
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
He's an average premiership striker which means he will fit in somewhere like aston villa or sunderland. Arsenal have always had exceptional strikers down the years. Bendtner is not fit to lace ian wright, dennis bergkamp or thierry henry's shoes.

agreed, mid table for now.

still quite a large leap from 'rubbish', 'turd' and unable to do anything competently on a football field i'd say.

IBK
09-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Szcesny is a good prospect but a club like ours should have a proven GK...

IBK
09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Its difficult to judge bendy given how many times he's played out of position.

Boss
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Bendtner would score 20+ a season for us if we played him as the CF and had wingers that could cross.

Keith
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Denilson didn't travel!

Xhaka Can’t
09-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Denilson didn't travel!

He's the new Dennis Bergkamp!

-Xs-
10-07-2011, 06:20 AM
As much as everyone likes to think Wengers completely senile and hasn't a fucking clue what he's doing anymore, I do believe that if Bender had proven himself as having the ability to lead the line, he would have been played there. Every opportunity he had has he has proven the exact opposite. Mans been here for years but is still gash, hasn't developed at all. Time to get rid. Almunia? Don't even get me started. What a cunt