PDA

View Full Version : Goonersweb showing as 'not secure' in search engines

KSE Comedy Club
05-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Hi Guys,

As per the title, I have already had issues that I have told Letters about whereby I cannot sign in on my iphone due to (I am guessing) is the same reason.

I have tried different internet engines Google chrome, Internet explorer, Safari and they all show Goonersweb as not secure.

I am currently signed in on my work PC using Google chrome and it is showing a red warning triangle with not secure next to it.

Any ideas as this can't be a good thing going forward?

cheers

Letters
05-02-2019, 02:36 PM
I did send you a PM about this. It's because we don't have an SSL certificate.
So data is not encrypted between browser and server.
Given that we aren't collecting personal data and this is a very small site I don't see this as a huge issue but if people are concerned we could look into that.
It isn't free though.

dazthegooner
05-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Don’t have a problem posting this from my iPhone.

GP
05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
This wouldn't have happened at The Big 4 Forum :sulk:

Mac76
05-02-2019, 03:34 PM
i use Firefox (just like any sensible person should) on an android phone - on which, incidentally, I have NOT signed into Google - and GW works fine

the only problem i have is that i still can't see the lineup image posted by MTG in every match thread...

Letters
05-02-2019, 03:47 PM
I get a 'not secure' notification but the site works fine for me on Chrome on both my laptop and iPhone.

Mac76
05-02-2019, 03:57 PM
@Auba's Wang - there's probably a browser setting you can change to make an exception for the site, if you can find it

Marc Overmars
05-02-2019, 04:01 PM
I use my phone 90% of the time for GW and never had any issues.

GP
05-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Yeah it's not an issue. Like LOLtters said it's just because of the SSL certificate.

Chrome tells me it's not secure but it works fine apart from the shit posts.

Letters
05-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Yeah it's not an issue. Like LOLtters said it's just because of the SSL certificate.

Chrome tells me it's not secure but it works fine apart from the shit posts.

Do SSL certificates stop Zim posting?

KSE Comedy Club
05-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Ok thanks guys, I will have to play around with it a bit more and see what I can come up with.

It's really weird as I used to use my iphone for GW all the time and it kept me signed in up until last week (I think). I have never had any issues prior to that and posted mostly from my phone.

I've tried deleting my history and downloaded the google chrome app to see if that would help but they all won't let me sign in :shrug:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-02-2019, 07:22 PM
This wouldn't have happened at The Big 4 Forum :sulk:

It wasn't secure enough to keep the journos from peeking in though.

Coney
12-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Firefox from Ubuntu works just fine. I am not overly excited by the security angle. I have a 'soft-ish' password for this site that I don't use elsewhere so if it is hacked, it won't affect anywhere else. (I do the same with facebook and other similar sites - I am assuming that someone will hack the password files of these sites so I make sure the damage for these will be self-contained as the password is for that site only. - Oh, and I do not allow my browser to save passwords for convenience. I type them in fresh every time and clear cache each time I use the browser. Not as much of a hassle as it seems and a good way of reducing the chances of hackers getting stuff. Oh yeah - my date of birth I give when required is in the ball park of may age but is not correct. Again minimising what a hacker will get.

Letters
12-02-2019, 09:10 PM
No one would believe your real DoB and that you can still use a computer anyway ;)

Coney
12-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Just worked it out - I still develop software and wrote my first program in a building next to Holloway Road Tube Station in October 1970. (One day l'll get it to work).