PDA

View Full Version : Adebaywhore on strike?

IBK
12-07-2011, 08:48 AM
From today's Independent

Adebayor 'on strike' as City relationship turns uglyClub in no rush to sell forward on the cheap as wages fall outside financial fair play rules / Corinthians make £35m bid for Tevez
By Ian Herbert, Northern Football Correspondent

Tuesday, 12 July 2011

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/dynamic/00622/50-adebayor_622878t.jpg (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/adebayor-on-strike-as-city-relationship-turns-ugly-2312160.html?action=Popup)Getty
Adebayor is effectively on strike after left out of City tour squad

http://www.independent.co.uk/independent.co.uk/images/i_photos.gif enlarge (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/adebayor-on-strike-as-city-relationship-turns-ugly-2312160.html?action=Popup)

Manchester City's struggle with disenchanted strikers deepened last night with Emmanuel Adebayor effectively on strike and Corinthians tabling a baffling €40m (£35.3m) bid for Carlos Tevez.
Adebayor is likely to be fined at least two weeks wages – £330,000 in total – and may be in breach of contract, after failing to show at Carrington both yesterday and for a scheduled training session on Saturday. The player claims he is considering bringing a constructive dismissal claim, having heard of his omission from the United States tour from a secretary, but City will not release him on the cheap because they know that a Uefa exemption prevents his wages being counted when Financial Fair Play calculations are made.
While the club grappled with the Adebayor problem, the prospect of a deepening struggle with Tevez loomed after the improbable Corinthians bid – faxed last night – which even the club's director of football, Duilio Monteiro Alves, suggested should not raise the hopes of the Brazilian club's fans. "I don't want to get our fans' hopes up. We'll try... that's all I can say," he said. "[Signing Tevez] isn't impossible. It's a dream we're trying to realise."

...and there were people defending his character and saying it was Gooners' fault he left us? :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Nobody could have predicted this. :lol:

Flavs
12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
This will happen to a lot of these mercenary types tbf, same is going on with Tevez and Boateng at the moment, they leave their clubs and go to City/Chelsea and now PSG for ridiculous wages and then when they have to move on no one wants them as their wages are too high :pal:

And Ade is on some £150k a week there as well

Boss
12-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Quite impressive how Wenger got 25M for that scrote.

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Yep, Wenger played that perfectly.

milla
12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Quite impressive how Wenger got 25M for that scrote.

Vinegar should put a cheeky 5.5mil bid for The Whore, worth it IMO. :coffee:

Injury Time
12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Vinegar should put a cheeky 5.5mil bid for The Whore, worth it IMO. :coffee:
Shirley worth a goat and a ride on an elephant and no more :sulk:

budesonide
12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
From today's Independent

...and there were people defending his character and saying it was Gooners' fault he left us? :lol:

ok, let's get something straight -- the guy was signed as a first team striker; his wages reflect that!

so if he wants to strike if the club are being ass-holes he has every right to.

In fact, this proves, contrary to the crass opinion of him here that he is a mercenary, that he actually gives a fuc*k about being taken seriously for his football.

:rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 12:44 PM
ok, let's get something straight -- the guy was signed as a first team striker; his wages reflect that!

In fact, this proves, contrary to the crass opinion of him here that he is a mercenary, that he actually gives a fuc*k about being taken seriously for his football.

Pretty much

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
ButIthoughtAdewasahugehitatRealMadridandwouldstayt hereandbecomethebeststrikerintheworldafterBendtner .

IBK
12-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Er no, not really. Because you can want to play football AND be a mercenary. He followed the green to Citeh, and looks where its got him... :pal: :lol:

Letters
12-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Yep, Wenger played that perfectly.

Will you stop with the pointless digs at Wenger? :sulk:

:angry:

budesonide
12-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Er no, not really. Because you can want to play football AND be a mercenary. He followed the green to Citeh, and looks where its got him... :pal: :lol:

wrong!

the club saw an opportunity to flog a player for cash as usual and so sold him when city came in with silly money!

he was our first choice striker for a while and carried our attack for a substantial period. He then asked that he is paid what a first-choice striker is paid -- WHICH WAS FAIR! The club negotiated his wages abd then decided to flog him when they got a silly offer.

Nothing mercenary about that. :coffee:

Kano
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
what a mong

Tipsychubbs
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
wrong!

the club saw an opportunity to flog a player for cash as usual and so sold him when city came in with silly money!

he was our first choice striker for a while and carried our attack for a substantial period. He then asked that he is paid what a first-choice striker is paid -- WHICH WAS FAIR! The club negotiated his wages abd then decided to flog him when they got a silly offer.

Let me go! Adebayor wants Arsenal to say Yes when Barca and Milan come calling
By MATT LAWTON Last updated at 2:41 PM on 28th June 2008

'I had a dream of playing for Arsenal, and Arsenal are one of the loveliest clubs in the world,' he said. 'When I go back to Africa it is obvious that a lot of people love the club. But now I have a chance of playing with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

'I haven't had a chance to speak to the manager yet. But we will sit down next week and decide what is good for my career. We will have to meet with the manager before anything can be decided. But, as you know better than anyone, a lot of teams want me to play for them. It will not be a difficult decision. I'm just going to sit down with my agent and with my family and decide what is good for my career.'

While Adebayor says he has some loyalty to Wenger after the Frenchman rescued him from what was a difficult time at Monaco, he points to the profit Arsenal will make if they sell him.
'Arsene is like a father to me,' he said. 'That's why I love him a lot. But he bought me because he believed in my quality. He didn't buy me because I am from Togo or because I needed money or because I look beautiful.

'He bought me because he thinks I can do something good for the club. He put me where I am today, no doubt about that. But if he sells me, and what they say in the newspapers is right, they are going to get 50, maybe 60 million for me and they bought me for 10. So everyone is getting the benefits. They have to make a good decision and I have to make a good decision as well.

'We will have to see what they want. All I know is I have a promise from Arsene that they will call me next week. I am waiting for their answer next week, and next week I will decide. I need to know before I come back to train on July 21. I need to know by then.'

According to Italian agent Vicente Morabito, a deal with AC Milan is already '80 per cent' completed.

But Adebayor dismissed his influence, not least because Morabito is not his agent. 'Maybe he just likes to talk but he is not the one who is going to decide,' said Adebayor.

'The person who is going to decide is myself.

'If he says it is 100 per cent certain that I am going and I say No, the answer is No. I say to you that the facts are these: I have a three-year contract with Arsenal and I have a lot of big clubs trying to buy me, and it is up to me and my agent to sit down next week and find a good solution.

'I'm in a position that I don't know where to play but that is normal. If you told me seven years ago when I was playing in Togo that I would have a choice of playing in Spain or Italy it would seem crazy.

But for me the most important thing is to play on a football pitch, any football pitch.

'I have never played for Milan or Barcelona, so I don't know anything about the atmosphere around these clubs. If you want to know what playing for Arsenal is like you have to go there.

'To be honest, when I'm at home and relaxing I never watch a game so I can't tell you what their style of play is like. I know their names like Xavi, Iniesta and Kaka and Gattuso. But I just love playing football. Where doesn't matter.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1029946/Let-Adebayor-wants-Arsenal-say-Yes-Barca-Milan-come-calling.html#ixzz1Ru42lCDS hmmmm, what goes around comes around Ade :)

Boss
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Or...

Emmanuel Adebayor has risked alienating himself from Arsenal fans following an interview serialised in the Daily Mail where he suggested at this stage in his career, money is all important.

The Togolese striker is asked by the BBC Africa Sports editor, Farayi Mungazi: ‘How important is money to footballers? A lot of them say it is not about the money. Is that true?’ to which the player, heavily linked with a move to AC Milan and Barcelona, replied:

“It is not true, it is about money.”

“You are talking about in life and it is about money. When we are young, of course we played because we loved the game, we play because we were passionate about the game.”

“But now as soon as you reach a stage where you are professional and playing Champions League, after all those things we are talking about money.”

“If it is not because of money, what am I going to be playing for Arsenal for? If it is not because of money I don't think I would go to Arsenal to play. I would stay in my country, I would stay Lome where everyone loves me.”

“If its not because of money, I would not have come to Europe.”

Adebayor has put in a string of below par performances recently and has at times looked disinterested. Last week the former Monaco striker revealed that he is in regularly contact with AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/adebayor-its-about-money-248694/

Can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. :coffee:

That said, I'm surprised Madrid didn't go for him if he was cheap enough.

budesonide
12-07-2011, 04:07 PM
hmmmm, what goes around comes around Ade :)

so you think Wenger sold him to City because Ade demanded so?

why is cesc still here then? why is Nasri still here when he is wanted by our rivals?

Ade talks a lot I'll give you that --- but he did not agitate for a move.

When asked the reasons for his departure from Emirates Stadium to Eastlands, the Togo international revealed it was a wage issue and that Wenger said it would be best that he leave.
"I talked with the coach and he told me I was one of Arsenal (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/english-premiership/arsenal-0)'s best-paid players, that the club was in the red, so maybe they wouldn't be able to pay me any more - it would be better for me to go,” Adebayor told the Evening Standard.
"I asked him, 'Is it your choice or the club's?' He answered, 'It's everybody's choice, from the whole club'. I was pushed out!
"Everybody says Adebayor went for the money. I think a lot of people are wrong because Arsenal (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/english-premiership/arsenal-0) bought me for five or six million and they sold me three-and-a-half years later for £25million.
“So people should know that it's not me who wanted to leave for money, it's Arsenal (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/english-premiership/arsenal-0) that forced me to go."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/wenger-told-me-leave-man-city-s-adebayor-363781

Tipsychubbs
12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
That was only after Adebayor himself was pushing for a move when he heard of Barcelona and Milan's interest. He began pushing for a move, a "chance" to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, his own words, Guardiola admitted they could not meet Arsenal's valuation, Milan dropped their interest and City swooped in. Because of the unrest and his bad attitude, Wenger decided to cash in and sell him to city, there's no innocent Adebayor here. If he was committed to Arsenal he wouldn't have actively courted the interest from Barca and Milan, even asking Arsenal to sell him, that it would be in the best interests of the club to make a profit.

There is no way he was pushed out. Cause and effect, he brought it on himself. Have you forgotten his lackluster performances in his final season, when he clearly showed that he didn't want to be here? Was that the club forcing him to play like he didn't care?

budesonide
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
That was only after Adebayor himself was pushing for a move when he heard of Barcelona and Milan's interest. He began pushing for a move, a "chance" to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, his own words, Guardiola admitted they could not meet Arsenal's valuation, Milan dropped their interest and City swooped in. Because of the unrest and his bad attitude, Wenger decided to cash in and sell him to city, there no innocent Adebayor here. If he was committed to Arsenal he wouldn't have actively courted the interest from Barca and and, even asking Arsenal to sell him as it would be in the best interests of the club to make a profit.

There is no way he was pushed out. cause and effect, he brought it on himself. Have you forgotten his lackluster performances in his final season, when he clearly showed that he didn't want to be here? Was that the club forcing him to play like he didn't care?

No.

He only used the interests of the big clubs in him to argue that he was a premier player and the club should respect that which should reflect in him wages especially when he has been spear-heading our attack for a significant while.

That was fair!

As I said, he talks a lot and should have just kept his mouth shut.

Do you not remember him coming out to say he will only play for arsenal and then made a u-turn to say barca and co. were interested in him and so Arsenal better reason up and pay him his dues? He talks too much -- so after the former statement he had to come out and renege because he had dug himself in a hole and given up his bargaining right.

He talks a lot!

budesonide
12-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Also,

you cannot use one article with quotes to back up your opinion then dismiss another article with quotes by the same person.

which should tell you the matter is not as straightforward as you'll want to believe

Tipsychubbs
12-07-2011, 04:27 PM
From his own words I don't think it was all talk. Especially after the season in which he bagged 30 goals I'm not convinced it was all about getting a bigger contract. His ego was out of control and he wanted to join a "bigger club" in his own words. When that didn't happen he sulked on the pitch and got booed by the fans.

The article that you linked to was after the horse had bolted. There was no going back after that summer when he pushed for a move and angered the fans. You can't use the article you linked to as a catalyst for the problems and to support your opinion when it started way before those events.

It's a classic case of damage limitation from Adebayor. How convenient that the story is now that Arsenal would not be able to pay him anymore so they told him it was better to leave, thus transferring all the blame and all the damage that he has caused back to the club. Very convenient.

budesonide
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
From his own words I don't think it was all talk. Especially after the season in which he bagged 30 goals I'm not convinced it was all about getting a bigger contract. His ego was out of control and he wanted to join a "bigger club" in his own words. When that didn't happen he sulked on the pitch and got booed by the fans.

The article that you linked to was after the horse had bolted. There was no going back after that summer when he pushed for a move and angered the fans. You can't use the article you linked to as a catalyst for the problems and to support your opinion when it started way before those events.

It's a classic case of damage limitation from Adebayor. How convenient that the story is now that Arsenal would not be able to pay him anymore so they told him it was better to leave, thus transferring all the blame and all the damage that he has caused back to the club. Very convenient.

so you want me to post the article where he said he was committed to arsenal right before he came out to say something different?

Just when Arsenal fans thought they could breathe a sigh of relief, star striker Emmanuel Adebayor has confessed to a Sky Sports News reporter that is still not certain he will be at the Emirates next year - this just minutes after his loyalty pledge at a press conference this afternoon.

"Of course (I am staying) I have three more years," was the gist of what the Togo goal-getter had to say in front of the wider media, but his tone was far less reassuring for supporters of the London club when one-on-one with a Sky journo

"I am footballer, I have a three-year contract at Arsenal but as you know, a lot of clubs are interested in me," he told Sky Sports News.

"At the moment we are just going to sit down and talk and decide what to do.

"Nothing has been decided yet. We will decide next week."

Arsenal are yet to make a comment since Adebayor's press conference, presumably because they are preparing themselves for a final full-on assault from AC Milan and Barcelona.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2008/06/27/754063/adebayor-does-instant-u-turn

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Whyareyouallwastingyourtimearguingaboutade?

At least argue about an important player, like Denilson.

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Also,

you cannot use one article with quotes to back up your opinion then dismiss another article with quotes by the same person.

which should tell you the matter is not as straightforward as you'll want to believe

You are completely right. Fuck the quotes and just look at what has happened right in front of your eyes. Ade has been to three Clubs and three times it has ended (or about to end) in a bucket of shit and acrimony.

It cannot simply be that Ade is right and every, other motherfucking club he has played for is wrong. The guy is a 100% certified egotistical dickhead who is disruptive and trouble wherever he goes.

Wenger got rid of a huge problem and that he got a shedload of money for the Club into the bargain is one of his greatest strokes of genius.

Boss
12-07-2011, 09:48 PM
21.37 Jose Mourinho on Real Madrid's transer options according to Marca: "Neymar is Santos' player, Aguero an Atletico one. Maybe the closest is Adebayor, who has played here six months."

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 11:51 AM
EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has agreed to return to Manchester City training on Monday - even though he remains devastated by the club's treatment.

Adebayor is furious at the way he was omitted from City's current tour of America.

Manu also felt insulted at the way he received an email on holiday telling him he could only train with the reserves from now on and that he will never be part of the first-team squad.

The striker, who refuses to attend training this week, believes the way he has been treated is effectively constructive dismissal.

Adebayor, 27, last night insisted: "I don't know what I have done wrong.

"I get an email, out of the blue, on my holidays telling me I wasn't going on the tour and they told me I am not going to train with the first team.

"It's an insult to me to tell me I am now only fit to train with the reserves.

"I will return to training but I feel I've been let down and disrespected."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3691586/Emmanuel-Adebayor-has-agreed-to-return-to-Manchester-City-training-on-Monday-even-though-he-remains-devastated-by-the-clubs-treatment.html#ixzz1Rz9RxZA0

As expected, Ade did nothing wrong

Ade critics :rolleyes:

IBK
13-07-2011, 01:22 PM
wrong!

Ho Hum...I suggest that you review this guy's history with each and every club he has ever played for, plus his national team, and then come back and argue that he's not a complete dickhead. Plus how many other players can you honestly think of recently who have blamed their own fans - as Whore did with us. Most players, whatever their treatment, at least have the dignity not to round on fans. And do you remember his behaviour in that Citeh game? The guy is an arrogant cunt who thinks the sun shines out of his own arse and has ultimately done little but perform below his ability. Wenger said that Whore needed to apply himself 100% to realise his potential. He stopped doing so after he had achieved his bumper pay packet from us and thought he was the big man. And the reast, as they say, is history.

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 01:40 PM
You are completely right. Fuck the quotes and just look at what has happened right in front of your eyes. Ade has been to three Clubs and three times it has ended (or about to end) in a bucket of shit and acrimony.

It cannot simply be that Ade is right and every, other motherfucking club he has played for is wrong. The guy is a 100% certified egotistical dickhead who is disruptive and trouble wherever he goes.

Wenger got rid of a huge problem and that he got a shedload of money for the Club into the bargain is one of his greatest strokes of genius.

Pretty much.

Worth remembering that if he had continued to put in the performances he did the season before he got the payrise we probably would have tried to keep him, he only has himself to blame for his attitude and the trouble it's got him into.

IBK
14-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Pretty much.

Worth remembering that if he had continued to put in the performances he did the season before he got the payrise we probably would have tried to keep him, he only has himself to blame for his attitude and the trouble it's got him into.

Good point. Not to mention that if he had done so for Citeh, they wouldn't have loaned him out, and if he had done so at RM, they would want to sign him. Whore is an architypal lesson in what happens when you think you have made it and develop an attitude.

IBK
12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
ESPN Star 12 August 2011

Tottenham agree Adebayor loan deal
Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Manchester City.

The Togolese striker is on the hunt for a new club after being told he is not in Roberto Mancini's plans for the upcoming season.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has been on a look out for a striker to boost his firepower for their Barclays Premier League and Europa League campaigns.

And according to Sky Sports News, the North London club have agreed a deal to take the 27-year-old on loan at White Hart Lane.

Adebayor did go on loan with Spanish giants Real Madrid for the whole of last season and impressed with eight goals.

His preference was to land a permanent deal at Santiago Bernabeu but Madrid coach Jose Mourinho decided against taking the former Arsenal striker in.

Already a hate-figure amongst Arsenal fans for his provocative celebration in Manchester City's 4-2 win over the Gunners, his move to London rivals Tottenham will only do further harm to his reputation at the Emirates.

:lol: This is the player who was far too good for us! Hope the same happens to Nasri.

Boss
12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
If he scores a winning goal against us I will break someone.

IBK
12-08-2011, 01:20 PM
If he scores a winning goal against us I will break someone.

He probably will - but he'll always be a tosser and will fail at Spurs just like he's failed everywhere else.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 01:50 PM
The ultimate whore. Or is it Tevez? Can't figure out which is the bigger cunt. Probably Nasri, tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
ESPN Star 12 August 2011

:lol: This is the player who was far too good for us! Hope the same happens to Nasri.

Have not seen this anywhere else so id say its media rubbish again

Grebbo
15-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Spurs fans are getting excited about signing this prick.

Did they not watch him play for us or City?

He had one good season and has been shit ever since plus he never shuts the fuck up. He's the black Arry Redtwat.

IBK
15-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Spurs fans are getting excited about signing this prick.

Did they not watch him play for us or City?

He had one good season and has been shit ever since plus he never shuts the fuck up. He's the black Arry Redtwat.

He will score some goals, and be super-motivated against us - but if 'arry or any of those Spurs twats think they are going to see 30 goals a season from him they are going to be be much mistaken.

Boss
15-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Tbf to Ade he scored 13 goals in 14 starts last year, not too bad.

That said I hope the cunt fails and gets GHEL'd by Wilshere in the first minute of a 5-0 win for us when we play them.

IBK
15-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Tbf to Ade he scored 13 goals in 14 starts last year, not too bad.

That said I hope the cunt fails and gets GHEL'd by Wilshere in the first minute of a 5-0 win for us when we play them.

got to be a reason why neither Mourinho nor Mancini want him, though?

fakeyank
15-08-2011, 03:08 PM
got to be a reason why neither Mourinho nor Mancini want him, though?

Coz he's black? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Coz he's black? :unsure:

Apart from that.

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Apart from that.

They're getting sick of paying for his translators?