PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Malaysia XI

LDG
13-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Some fresh legs out there.

Jenko, good debut. Looked solid.

Mr Myagi, bits and pieces, though struggled as the game went on.

Ricky, when on looked sharp as I've seen for a while.

Good stuff from captain Verms in the first half.

Traore was better than Gibbs.

Loads more width to our game. Long may this continue.

Mr.Singh
13-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I hope Denise gets AIDS while he is out there

LDG
13-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Denilson on as sub at half time, subbed off after 15mins :haha:

Kano
13-07-2011, 02:48 PM
meh, just a fitness run out

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Traore was better than Gibbs.
This.
Gibbs turned off a number of times defensivily, where as Traore seemed better in the air.

Convinced that we still need a CDM, CB and striker. Chamakh was woeful, Frimpong lacked fitness, Vela trying to be too clever too often and Squillachi has shocking as ever...

Denilson :haha:

Jenkinson, Myaichi, Whishire, Walcott and Vermealen and Nasri all looked good for the majority of the periods they where on. Still lots of tippy tappy footie on the edge of the box with 8 outfield players after Vela needing to pass it back instead of pushing forward, one of the reasons i'm looking forward to Gervinho.

Our senior squad is too small, and I have a sinking feeling AW won't be making any new additions. :(

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Thought our defence looked pretty solid in the first half, Vermaelen/Koscielny might well be our first choice starters next season, although hopefully we get Samba or Cahill to wheel out for the rugby teams; Squillaci and Djourou, not so much.

Surprised by Traore, especially by a change in body langauge, he looked more assured and relaxed out there, although that's pretty easy against Malaysians.

Decent warm-up I guess.

Edit: Nearly forgot, Frimpong will be part of our first team squad next year, probably at the expense of everybody's favourite Brazilian, as long as his cruciate doesn't go again that is.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Surprised by Traore, especially by a change in body langauge, he looked more assured and relaxed out there, although that's pretty easy against Malaysians.

racist

Fist of Lehmann
13-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Denilson on as sub at half time, subbed off after 15mins :haha:Well, don't want to injure his transfer-listed ass do we?

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 02:58 PM
:lol:

You got me.

Haven't liked them ever since I confused Kuala Lumpur for a breed of marsupial in a quiz, bastards.

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Whishire :bow:

Ramsey looked good. Cesc :wave:

Vela, despite his idiocy in front of goal, was sparky and creative.

Jenko and Traore looked decent.

Ryo and Theo were dangerous but rusty.

Frimpong still doesn't look like an Arsenal player. Shame Coquelin won't get a pre-season.

0-4 to Arsenal.

It's on tbf.

Fist of Lehmann
13-07-2011, 03:10 PM
0-4?

Against Malaysians? Aren't they like a breed of Koala or something?

Wenger out tbf.

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Frimpong still doesn't look like an Arsenal player.

This is true, he passes the ball forwards too much and keeps far too high a tempo.

LDG
13-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Still LoLing over Denilson's substitution.

Wenger :bow:

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 03:39 PM
This is true, he passes the ball forwards too much and keeps far too high a tempo.

But.....he doesn't. He is laborious and uneasy on the ball. He's basically Muamba #2 at the moment.

Injury Time
13-07-2011, 03:40 PM

Still LoLing over Denilson's substitution.

Wenger :bow:
Suck it up, he's keeping his legs fresh to play him in every match this coming season.
FACT.

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Wenger: 'The new boys showed their quality'

on a good workout in Malaysia...
We have no injuries and we had a good sweat. Overall what is important for us is to get slowly ready. I believe technically we were alright for our first game. Physically we suffered a little bit but what is important at this period of the season is to find our team play back and that was quite satisfying.

The first half was more difficult than the second because the teams were a bit disturbed and disrupted by the many changes. But the first half was physically at a good level and they played with a good pace. I felt they [Malaysia] defended stubbornly and very well in their box. They had a few opportunities but they miss a bit of calm in the final third.

on Jenkinson and Miyaichi...
Jenkinson has shown power and good decision-making. Ryo Miyaichi has shown as well good qualities, he is always available, always keen to take people on, he works very hard. Both of them have shown interesting qualities.

on Samir Nasri...
He has always had a very good attitude. We are a big club with many good young players so we are confronted with many rumours and speculation. But it doesn't affect much what's happening inside the Club. We have to live with that and you could see when he [Samir] played that he wasn't disturbed by that.

on whether the board support his decision to keep Nasri...
I think so, I believe that is no problem. It is a technical decision. On one hand people say I don't spend enough and when I spend people say I spend too much. It's very difficult to find the right medium. What is important is that the Club has a good team and is in a strong financial situation. The decisions are dictated by financial restrictions but not only by that. The most important thing is that the team is right and our financial situation is right as well.

on how the fans will react to him…
Very well. I believe that everybody who loves Arsenal wants all our strong players to stay at the Club.

on the Malaysia leg of the tour…
What is positive is that we are together, we have discovered a new country, we have discovered how much we are loved in Asia and that was unknown by many players. We have learned that the love here is genuine, enthusiastic and full of admiration.

on whether anyone can emulate Jack Wilshere this season…
It’s a bit early for me. I’m a football manager and, unfortunately, not a prophet! We are happy to have a player like Ramsey back, who didn’t play the whole season and Vermaelen as well. So hopefully they can have a very interesting season.

on his thoughts on the Malaysia XI…
They were mobile, motivated and well-organised defensively. I would say they lacked offensive power as a team but they were very interesting. Their transition from defence to offence was very quick and good but in the final third you could see there was a big difference between the two teams.

on his targets for the new season…
The target is always to win the Premier League. That’s the basis of our target.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/38618/wenger-reaction

LDG
13-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Wenger thought it interesting then.

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Forgot about this as i went out at kick off.

Who scored?

Cba reading the thread.

Any talking points?

LDG
13-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Forgot about this as i went out at kick off.

Who scored?

Cba reading the thread.

Any talking points?

Rambo, Walcott, Vela +1 and Rosicky with the goals.

Interesting points: Denilson coming on at half time and being subbed off after 11 minutes having done fuck all.

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Sounds like one of Denilsons better performances

dazthegooner
13-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Sounds like one of Denilsons better performances

lol

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 04:28 PM
ARSENAL kicked off their pre-season tour of Asia in style as they crushed a Malaysia XI in Kuala Lumpur.

Aaron Ramsey opened the scoring from the penalty spot on five minutes after Jack Wilshere had been tripped in the area.

And Theo Walcott doubled the lead with a cool finish eight minutes before the break.

Mexican winger Carlos Vela chipped opposing keeper Mohd Nasril Mat Nourdin from close range to add a third minutes after the restart.

And Czech international Tomas Rosicky capped an easy win for the Gunners at the death.

But Brazilian Denilson looks certain to be on his way out of Arsenal after storming down the tunnel following his substitution.

The midfielder had come on as a half-time substitute for Ramsey but lasted just 20 minutes before being hauled off by boss Arsene Wenger.

Arsenal starting XI: Szczesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen (capt), Wilshere, Song, Ramsey, Miyaichi, Walcott, Chamakh.

Subs who came on: Mannone, Sagna, Squillaci, Djourou, Traore, Nasri, Rosicky, Denilson, Frimpong Van Persie, Vela, Arshavin.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3693216/Malaysia-XI-0-Arsenal-4.html#ixzz1S0GlgGsI

Denilson :wave:

Edit: where the fuck did the rest of my post go?

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 04:46 PM
oi not fair, i wanted to watch that......where did you guys see it?

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Whishire :bow:

Ramsey looked good. Cesc :wave:

Vela, despite his idiocy in front of goal, was sparky and creative.

Jenko and Traore looked decent.

Ryo and Theo were dangerous but rusty.

Frimpong still doesn't look like an Arsenal player. Shame Coquelin won't get a pre-season.

0-4 to Arsenal.

It's on tbf.

Coq looks set to go back to France, right?

worth while keeping, specially when we dont look like buying in!

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Coq looks set to go back to France, right?

worth while keeping, specially when we dont look like buying in!

He is on France Under-20 duty. He won't get a pre-season with us because of that. He looks likely to go back on loan to Lorient for another season.

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 06:00 PM
But.....he doesn't. He is laborious and uneasy on the ball. He's basically Muamba #2 at the moment.

Oh, guess I must be out of practice at watching football :d

Looked good to me if a little laboured at times admittedly, but still showed some good touches and contributed well.

Joker
13-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Hilarious that Denilson got subbed so soon after coming up. Sums him up tbh.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/38618/wenger-reaction

on whether the board support his decision to keep Nasri...
I think so, I believe that is no problem. It is a technical decision. On one hand people say I don't spend enough and when I spend people say I spend too much. It's very difficult to find the right medium. What is important is that the Club has a good team and is in a strong financial situation. The decisions are dictated by financial restrictions but not only by that. The most important thing is that the team is right and our financial situation is right as well.

oh fark off Wenger.

who has ever said you spend too much replacing first team players you flog off?

yeah, paying dross like denilson so much money for years for pretty much little in return is farking dumb; if that is what you call 'spending too much'.

i swear this man knows how to play a victim.