PDA

View Full Version : Bendtner wants to leave

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Nicklas Bendtner has made a decision on his future and is set to leave Arsenal in the summer, according to his father and agent.

The Danish striker has never hidden his frustration at a lack of regular starting opportunities this season, having found himself down the pecking order at Emirates Stadium.

But he has always stated that he will keep pushing for a place in Arsene Wenger's team and will not make his mind up about what to do next until the summer.

That moment has now arrived after the Gunners ended their Premier League campaign in fourth following a 2-2 draw with Fulham on Sunday.

Bendtner's father, Thomas, claims that his son has now informed Arsenal that he would like the club to listen to offers.

"Nicklas is 100 per cent open now to a change of clubs," Thomas Bendtner said in the Daily Mirror.

No Villa interest
"He has made his decision and he has told it to Arsenal.

"Nicklas needs to be playing from the start so, sadly, he must leave.

"He wanted to finish the season first, so no-one could say he didn't fight for a first-team place right until the end."

Bendtner's father insists there will be a number of options to consider but has dismissed speculation linking the 23-year-old with a move to Aston Villa.

He said: "There is real interest from both English and German clubs, and Bayern Munich were after him, earlier. It's very exciting.

"But talk about Aston Villa is rubbish. He has not met anyone from there."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6946397,00.html

First Denilson now this guy.

It's on! :dance:

GunnerFan4Life
23-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Please leave!

GP
23-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Bai!

Xhaka Can’t
23-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Our togetherness and strength of purpose in the dressing room is amazing.

IBK
23-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Well said. I have to say that for all that people seem anxious to get rid of dead wood - the fact that we have so many want-away players (Denilson; Bendy; Fabregas - and quite possibly Clichy and Nasri) is not a good sign at all.

LDG
23-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Well said. I have to say that for all that people seem anxious to get rid of dead wood - the fact that we have so many want-away players (Denilson; Bendy; Fabregas - and quite possibly Clichy and Nasri) is not a good sign at all.

It'll do us good. The unity hasn't been there for a number of years anyway.

IBK
23-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I think a fresh start is good too. But the one thing want away players show is a lack of belief in the manager - if its running as deep amongst the players as it is amongst the fans this ain;t good at all - particularly when I don't believe AW is going to change in his general approach.

(PS your sig would look better in coloured font)

LDG
23-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Thing is, it's not like it was years ago when you could rely on players to be Arsenal through and through. It's a natural occurance that players want away, and they want new challenges and more money.

There is no "team" per say. But a clear out, and some new faces will mean that some of the rotting element is replaced by something fresh. Hopefully with some more leadership.

Flavs
23-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Unless we are ging to switch back to playing with 2 central strikers then he is free to leave

:wave:

adzzzbatch
23-05-2011, 10:46 AM
It'll do us good. The unity hasn't been there for a number of years anyway.

Last season, the one before the crapfest we've just had, you were quite a supporter of Bendy when most others we're already disliking him. Did your opinion on him change this season or do you believe that constently being played out of position was always going to hurt him?

IMO I will be pleased to see him go, for a guy with such a big mouth saying how brilliant he is and never really delivering just pissed me off.

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2011, 10:52 AM
This is great news!

Get rid of the shit and rebuild.

Arsenal Fan
23-05-2011, 11:01 AM
yay bye, im pretty sure he will succeed else where with regular playtime.

Thierrymon
23-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I've always liked Bendtner but have felt that he just doesnt suit our style of play. His touch is horrendous and watching him try to take on players is embarrassing. Good player to be able to bring off the bench but it seems he isnt happy with that any more which is fair enough.

Are we going to have any players left at this rate?

Özim
23-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Spirit and togetherness is what we're all about :lol:

I love the way these guys are deciding to leave, Wenger has put so much faith in them yet they just turnaround and walk away at the earliest opportunity. I'd like to think he might learn something from this though I fear it might be too much to ask.

Flavs
23-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I've always liked Bendtner but have felt that he just doesnt suit our style of play. His touch is horrendous and watching him try to take on players is embarrassing. Good player to be able to bring off the bench but it seems he isnt happy with that any more which is fair enough.

Are we going to have any players left at this rate?

Well Denilson will be replaced by Lansbury and having watched Benfik Afobe at Huddersfield a few times this season i would say he will replace Bendtner, he is an absolute beast and just 17 :yikes:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Well, these winners have done the business at Arsenal and now they want to move on to new challenges. Try and look at it from their point of view. Always.

adzzzbatch
23-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Well, these winners have done the business at Arsenal and now they want to move on to new challenges. Try and look at it from their point of view. Always.

:lol:

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 12:17 PM

I agree with you Nasri. I have posted before "Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it."

Static
23-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Cu.

Fats
23-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree with you Nasri. I have posted before "Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it."

Normally that would be the case, but look at the players that have said they want to leave so far.

Both are crap, have done nothing since they have been here, are paid way too much and think they are better than they actually are.

Nothing negative in them or any others like that going tbh.

selassie
23-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I suspect the likes of Bendy, Denilson, Rosicky will be internally replaced. I think Arsene is probably sweating on Clichy, Nasri & Cesc because his hand will be forced if they all walk too.

I mean what message does it give Arsene when half of the squad are ready to walk out?

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm not too concerned if these turd burglars want to leave. In the case of Bendtner and Denilson I doubt it's because they've lost faith in Wenger, it's because they're not bloody good enough to play for this club and need game time for the sake of their careers.

I have no feeling or belief towards 80% of the squad and these average players represent everything wrong about the direction our club moved in several years ago. I'm happy they're moving on and excited about potentially seeing some new faces in the squad.

Boss
23-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Should have been a regular 20+ goal a season striker if we played to his strengths, but we stick him out wide and ask him to be Messi.

It's a good move for him but for us not really as it means we'll have to rely on Chamakh, he'll probably be replaced from within (with the likes of Afobe or Vela).

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Normally that would be the case, but look at the players that have said they want to leave so far.

Both are crap, have done nothing since they have been here, are paid way too much and think they are better than they actually are.

Nothing negative in them or any others like that going tbh.

If we considering just skill levels, then you might be right. However, I am concerned with the overall impact and both these players have been at Arsenal since they were 16 (Bendtner) and 18 (Denilson). That is 7 and 5 years, respectively. They are part of the club "family".

You might be right and there will be nothing negative to them leaving. However, I believe (fear) that there will be negative consequences to these two and other fans' "scapegoat" players leaving.

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I suspect the likes of Bendy, Denilson, Rosicky will be internally replaced. I think Arsene is probably sweating on Clichy, Nasri & Cesc because his hand will be forced if they all walk too.

I mean what message does it give Arsene when half of the squad are ready to walk out?

It gives the message that this manager and these players aren't prepared to work together to bring success to the club. Give Wenger his due, at least he's not trying to run away like these cowardly shits. It's fabulous news the hardcore losers are being smoked out. For any of them to claim there's something wrong at Arsenal or they didn't get their chance at Arsenal is a joke. They are what's wrong at the club, they proved it over the countless chances they were given. Now they want to preserve their dignity (which was long lost on the battlefield) and tee up their next fat pay cheques. If they had any guts or any ambition they'd be signing new contracts at Arsenal for as long as it takes to win. But they aren't built that way, they are natural born losers. So the fact they are leaving is best for all parties. The more that leave from this squad the better to be honest. It will allows us to collapse rapidly which in turn will allow us to rebuild rapidly. A repeat of this prolonged 6 year collapse would be even more damaging to the long term prospects of the club. We are close to making failure the Arsenal way, we have developed a loser's culture from teh manager down to each of the players. If anyone thinks a bit of tinkering here and there is going to fix it then I say they are very wrong. It's the foundations that need attention, not the decor. Anyway, it doesn't matter because Wenger looks like he's staying, good in terms of his personal character, teriible for us because it means more guaranteed failure. But at least we're losing the biggest rats, so that's something.

selassie
23-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm not too concerned if these turd burglars want to leave. In the case of Bendtner and Denilson I doubt it's because they've lost faith in Wenger, it's because they're not bloody good enough to play for this club and need game time for the sake of their careers.

I have no feeling or belief towards 80% of the squad and these average players represent everything wrong about the direction our club moved in several years ago. I'm happy they're moving on and excited about potentially seeing some new faces in the squad.

Mo...this is the bit that really frightens me...I honestly wouldn't put it past Arsene to not replace any of the departing players...or if he does replace them, he'll do it on the cheap i.e. not replace them properly.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Mo...this is the bit that really frightens me...I honestly wouldn't put it past Arsene to not replace any of the departing players...well not replace them properly anyway.

I think Bendtner potentially going leaves a spot open up front and we have all been calling for a striker so I think that's a cause for optimism. We can't possibly start next year with just RVP can we? With Chamakh, Vela and Afobe in reserve? Surely not?

adzzzbatch
23-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Mo...this is the bit that really frightens me...I honestly wouldn't put it past Arsene to not replace any of the departing players...or if he does replace them, he'll do it on the cheap i.e. not replace them properly.

He's never replaced players properly.

Power n Glory
23-05-2011, 12:47 PM
This will be a repeat of the 2007/2008 season where we lost Flamini, Hleb and Adebayor was unsettled. They are leaving because they don't believe in the manager. I knew Bendy was gone as soon as we bought Chamakh. He should leave. He's had his ups and downs but I can understand why he wants to leave and he should feel frustrated.

I don't really care for the fringe players. It's Cesc, Clichy and Nasri I'm more worried about. If those guys go, it's the beginning of the end. Wenger won't spend the money on replacements. We've seen it so many times before so don't hold your breath when it comes to new signings. We've got all this kids out on loan for a reason. Wenger will find space for them in the first team.

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I think Bendtner potentially going leaves a spot open up front and we have all been calling for a striker so I think that's a cause for optimism. We can't possibly start next year with just RVP can we? With Chamakh, Vela and Afobe in reserve? Surely not?

I wouldn't mind Theo being pushed up front. He's had enough games now and he's pretty sharp in front of goal when he puts his mind to it. We're bringing in another tippy-tapster on the wing anyway aren't we? We haven't got anyone who can cross a ball and even if we did Wenger has a passion for playing our big guys on the wing. So that just leaves pace through the middle and Theo has bags of that.

selassie
23-05-2011, 01:06 PM

Anything is possible with Arsene...though I would assume he will replace Bendy. It may not be to our liking but he'll bring somebody in.

IBK
23-05-2011, 01:08 PM
That's just it. I think people are confusing the worth(lessness) to the team of some of those who want out with the internal negativity at the club that is being revealed by them.

budesonide
23-05-2011, 01:18 PM

the blame falls at the feet of one guy and one guy alone! --- WENGER. he's paid this lad handsomely for so many years with little benefit. Wouldn't we have been better off buying and decent established striker so we had better squad depth over the years?

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 01:20 PM
That's just it. I think people are confusing the worth(lessness) to the team of some of those who want out with the internal negativity at the club that is being revealed by them.

I agree although often the "the worth(lessness) to the team" is determined by fans, and sadly the talent spotting of fans is a little suspect. I recall a couple of seasons ago, the cries and demands were for Reo-Coker and/or Sidwell. Now look at where those two are. [These two players are part of the reason why I do not buy into the demands that Scott Parker be bought.]

Also, I think that the value of players should not be judged purely on what they bring to a 90 minute match.

Xhaka Can’t
23-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Also, I think that the value of players should not be judged purely on what they bring to a 90 minute match.

Which is precisely the rationale behind those favoring a move for Parker.

IBK
23-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes. And what's more which other of his project players have really, really justified not just the investment in them, but the fact that we haven't signed players at crucial times so as not to hamper their development? Honestly - I'm struggling to think.

Even the king of them all, Cesc, has 'repaid' us lately with tepid, disinterested performances. He is following a well-trodden path of captains who leave us as shadows of their former selves. Nasri seems intent on following the Adebayor/Flamini/Hleb model - break through and then believe the hype and believe that the club is beneath you.

Is there not some point at which a rational manager would realise that its not working...

selassie
23-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes. And what's more which other of his project players have really, really justified not just the investment in them, but the fact that we haven't signed players at crucial times so as not to hamper their development? Honestly - I'm struggling to think.

Even the king of them all, Cesc, has 'repaid' us lately with tepid, disinterested performances. He is following a well-trodden path of captains who leave us as shadows of their former selves. Nasri seems intent on following the Adebayor/Flamini/Hleb model - break through and then believe the hype and believe that the club is beneath you.

Is there not some point at which a rational manager would realise that its not working...

Sub...regarding the bit I've highlighted...

At the point where the board say to the manager we judge you on a results only basis from now on?

I'm pretty sure Arsene wouldn't still have a job at any of the other top 4 clubs in Europe let alone PL.

I think we're in a very sticky situation right now in as much as Arsene can pretty much develop the team the way he wants so long as he meets the requirement from the board which must be to finish top 4?

IBK
23-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree although often the "the worth(lessness) to the team" is determined by fans, and sadly the talent spotting of fans is a little suspect. I recall a couple of seasons ago, the cries and demands were for Reo-Coker and/or Sidwell. Now look at where those two are. [These two players are part of the reason why I do not buy into the demands that Scott Parker be bought.]

A good point, well made re Reo Coker and Sidwell. The problem for fans is that it is very very difficult if you are not trained/experienced as a manager to predict whether a player who looks good in someone else's system; with different players and coached by different methods, will fit in/work out in our's. An excellent example the other way is Flamini. Great with us, indifferent with AC Milan.

Looks like he could be going to Spurs now, BTW!

IBK
23-05-2011, 01:32 PM
[/B]

Sub...regarding the bit I've highlighted...

At the point where the board say to the manager we judge you on a results only basis from now on?

I'm pretty sure Arsene wouldn't still have a job at any of the other top 4 clubs in Europe let alone PL.

I think we're in a very sticky situation right now in as much as Arsene can pretty much develop the team the way he wants so long as he meets the requirement from the board which must be to finish top 4?

Aye - very worrying that there is noone to point his deficiencies out, that he will listen to.

LDG
23-05-2011, 01:34 PM

It's because the players can see first hand that what they are drilled on week in week out doesn't work on a football pitch.

I mean, Cesc may say "we want to play the way the game should be played", but when you see players like Bendy playing out of position, when you see Theo looking bewildered on the wing when he's a striker, when you see players forced to play that one specific game....there'll come a point where they don't believe in it anymore.

The more I think about it. The more I think Wenger DOES shout and drill his team hard. But he only drills them in one thing. Passing. Everything else is left to chance.

When it doesn't work, and we don't win games, and we don't win silverware, BECAUSE we fail to do anything else...that philosophy of "Beautiful" football that attracted the players in the first place, has only served to make the team devoid of belief.

Only RVP and Cesc could probably make something happen themselves. The rest rely on each other. And when it doesn't work, it must be soul destroying if you work so hard at it each week.

IBK
23-05-2011, 01:43 PM
It's because the players can see first hand that what they are drilled on week in week out doesn't work on a football pitch.

I mean, Cesc may say "we want to play the way the game should be played", but when you see players like Bendy playing out of position, when you see Theo looking bewildered on the wing when he's a striker, when you see players forced to play that one specific game....there'll come a point where they don't believe in it anymore.

The more I think about it. The more I think Wenger DOES shout and drill his team hard. But he only drills them in one thing. Passing. Everything else is left to chance.

When it doesn't work, and we don't win games, and we don't win silverware, BECAUSE we fail to do anything else...that philosophy of "Beautiful" football that attracted the players in the first place, has only served to make the team devoid of belief.

Only RVP and Cesc could probably make something happen themselves. The rest rely on each other. And when it doesn't work, it must be soul destroying if you work so hard at it each week.

I agree with all of that. :gp:

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Interesting comment, and with regard to RvP I would agree somewhat, although he does not take over a match often enough and his free kicks suck.

However, with regard to Fabregas, I will have to disagree very strongly. I do not think that he can take over and control a game on his own. He requires others to make things happen: that is why I would quite readily sell him.

Titi14
23-05-2011, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't mind Theo being pushed up front. He's had enough games now and he's pretty sharp in front of goal when he puts his mind to it. We're bringing in another tippy-tapster on the wing anyway aren't we? We haven't got anyone who can cross a ball and even if we did Wenger has a passion for playing our big guys on the wing. So that just leaves pace through the middle and Theo has bags of that.

Agreed. Theo is much improved in front of goal and I reckon him and RVP could form a scary partnership for defenders. Only problem is injuries..

Flavs
23-05-2011, 02:01 PM
You know the wierdest thing is I think we can bring in £20mil and lose £200-300k from the wage budget and not even feel it

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 02:03 PM
You know the wierdest thing is I think we can bring in £20mil and lose £200-300k from the wage budget and not even feel it

So long as they send the lost £200-300k my way, I can accept that.

Flavs
23-05-2011, 02:09 PM
So long as they send the lost £200-300k my way, I can accept that.

Seriously though look...

Out go Rosicky (Free), Almunia (free), Bentdner (10-15mil) and Denilson (5ml) plus the likes of Randall, JET and Eastmond and thats going to be the £20mil odd and the wages gone.

Replace them with Lansbury, Mannone, Afobe, Coquelin and Frimpong and we are quids in, normally i wouldnt dream of replacing players like this but the harsh reality is those listed offer very, very little to the team and therefore CAN be replaced by the kids, Lansbury and Afobe look to have that bit extra fight and aggression that will see them straight and Frimpong is a bloody headcase.

If we are going wild, and i think we will, Squilvestre could be replaced by Bartley as well. Thats another £40k a week gone.

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Valid points but not so long ago, JET and Eastmond were being touted as the future of Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-05-2011, 02:20 PM
If he wants to leave good luck to him, If someone gives us money for him more fool them imo

fari
23-05-2011, 02:31 PM
good luck to mr bendtner...i actually think a move would be best for all concerned.

Flavs
23-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Valid points but not so long ago, JET and Eastmond were being touted as the future of Arsenal.

JET seems to have the same problem as Diaby in that he cant decide where he wants to play and is betrayed by his size.

Eastmond is wank from what i have seen but i hope he proves me wrong

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 02:32 PM
2 down 18 to go...

Elreactor
23-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Now Bendtner wants to leave. It´s good they say it because, if it were for Wenger, they´d stay indefinitely, regardless of how much they play. The guy is incapable of telling them they´re not in his plans anymore it seems, which is a dangerous thing. The exodus of players will hopefully force him to dig into the market, at last. :banghead:

Unless he sees it as a chance for our teenagers to start gaining PL experience. :doh:

irishitaliangooner
23-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm with you there... Though, I reckon if Denilson was given a good chance to play at LB for a while, then I reckon he would have become as good as Flamini in his last season with us...

Mr. Lahey
23-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I liked Bendter. I thought he was going to be a decent prospect however his big mouth did him no favors nor did being played on the wing. Seriously, what the hell was Wenger smoking when he thought of this?? Only a man in the depths of a peyote induced delusional episode would think that this is a good idea.

Bendtner will go on and do well with another team that is better suited for him. He was too slow and clumsy for our style. Now is the time to bring in a proper striker. Someone with pace and a good finish preferably.

ElusiveGooner
24-05-2011, 04:13 AM

That is exactly what is going to happen. Wenger will spend the whole summer trying to buy a star replacement, but will refuse to spend the money needed to close any deals. Then, AW will promote Afobe,and say he has 4 'good' strikers and doesn't need any new signings.

Wenger needs to go before things will change for the better.

Master Splinter
24-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Bendtner will go to AC Milan.

Or Stoke.

fakeyank
24-05-2011, 04:49 AM
I liked Bendter. I thought he was going to be a decent prospect however his big mouth did him no favors nor did being played on the wing. Seriously, what the hell was Wenger smoking when he thought of this?? Only a man in the depths of a peyote induced delusional episode would think that this is a good idea.

Bendtner will go on and do well with another team that is better suited for him. He was too slow and clumsy for our style. Now is the time to bring in a proper striker. Someone with pace and a good finish preferably.

Striker? Lets just assume for fun that we are going to get David Villa or may be even Drogba (in his prime) or Anelka (again in his prime) OR may be even TH14 (in his prime). Where are you going to play them if RVP is down the middle? Would the above mentioned players be as effective on the right or left like how Bendy has been used? I dont think so!

Now dont get me wrong. Bendy is miles from being close to those players but I do think this guy is very good. I think when he plays a few games down the middle, he is very effective. If he is played with another striker in a 4-4-2, I think he will be very effective... we can call out for all the greatest strikers in the world but with our style of play, not a whole lot is going to work.*

* I am not counting Messi and Ronaldo as they can be scoring bucket loads of goals even as a GK!!

Mr. Lahey
24-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Id put RVP in the DB10 position. Let whoever Villa, Drogba, Anelka, Benzema play off the left shoulder like TH14. It would work no question. This idea that you need a big battering ram upfront is nonsense in my opinon.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2011, 10:02 PM
We need someone who can finish. If hes a big battering ram then great cos he wont be bullied out of games but ultimately we need a finisher and other than RVP, we dont have one so when RVP is out next season again for a few months, we are screwed unless Chamakh comes good.

As for good old Bendtner, id say id miss him but id be lying.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Just throwing this out there...

What about Drogba? :unsure:

Cripps_orig
24-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Well it'll stop him scoring against us so thats a plus.

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 10:14 PM

I'd be happy if we signed him. He knows how to score and he's big.

But it won't happen.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Well it'll stop him scoring against us so thats a plus.
He'll score own goals instead.

Slacker
24-05-2011, 11:38 PM
The only way I can see Bendy fitting in at Bayern is as a direct replacement for Klose - he hasn't got the subtlety or composure, maybe they think they can channel what he has into something, but sounds more like lazy journo's.

Bendy would be better off as a battering-ram GHEL Kevin Davies style player putting himself about for Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland or Blackburn. I see a return to Brum on loan next season followed by a Jan xfer, hatful of goals and them cashing in on him in June ala Upson.

north bank nutter
25-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Bendtner is the biggest cunt to play for arsenal. I wouldnt mind it so much if he backed up his gobbyness with performances on the pitch, at best hes a poor mans alan smith.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Bendtner is the biggest cunt to play for arsenal. I wouldnt mind it so much if he backed up his gobbyness with performances on the pitch, at best hes a poor mans alan smith.

I suppose it would help if he was palyed in the right posititon as well. I suppose it would help if AW let him know where his level is by getting another top striker in. IMO now is time for him to leave and start a fresh.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I suppose it would help if he was palyed in the right posititon as well. I suppose it would help if AW let him know where his level is by getting another top striker in. IMO now is time for him to leave and start a fresh.

A couple of games back where he was on the pitch with that Moroccan turd we actually got a few crosses into the box but both of them were sat outside watching the action (or lack of it). Just because he's on the wing doesn't mean he can't show a bit of inventiveness and get in the box when a cross comes over. When he does bother he's hopeless unless the ball literally bounces off his head. All in all he's been a huge waste of the club's time for years. This is a club that's had Wrighty, Anelka and Henry up front, don't forget. How does a mediocre lump like Bendtner fit into that picture?

Olivier's xmas twist
25-05-2011, 05:20 PM
A couple of games back where he was on the pitch with that Moroccan turd we actually got a few crosses into the box but both of them were sat outside watching the action (or lack of it). Just because he's on the wing doesn't mean he can't show a bit of inventiveness and get in the box when a cross comes over. When he does bother he's hopeless unless the ball literally bounces off his head. All in all he's been a huge waste of the club's time for years. This is a club that's had Wrighty, Anelka and Henry up front, don't forget. How does a mediocre lump like Bendtner fit into that picture?

yeah so true

Boss
25-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Bendtner's stats (goals in starts) over the last four season:

Starts (Goals)

14 (8)
19 (12)
27 (14)
13 (9)

Let's not forget a lot of those were on the wing and he's rarely been given a run in the team. Those stats are (roughly) a goal every two starts, a figure better than various strikers that have played for us in the past - Wiltord, Kanu, Eduardo, Chamakh... just as good as Henry in his last season for us and better than Bergkamp in his last five seasons for us. It's also a better ratio than the likes of Kalou, Anelka, Torres, Drogba and Rooney (this season obv)

He's not a player suited to our one touch play sure, but if we played to his strengths he'd be able to do reasonably well. The issue is that he's first choice backup... I'd like us to play a 4-4-2 and pair him with someone and then we could judge him properly.

The Wengerbabies
25-05-2011, 06:42 PM
You're an awful supporter. A real fan would get behind all the players.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 07:15 PM
...and better than Bergkamp in his last five seasons for us

And that's exactly why stats like these are absolutely meaningless. I don't care how many times the turd has let the ball ricochet off his arse into the net, we used to have decent players at this club now we have him. This, not surprisingly, has coincided with us going from a winning team to a steaming pile. Good players, win, bad players, lose, so obvious it could take your eye out.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 07:17 PM
You're an awful supporter. A real fan would get behind all the players.

I agree with this. The fans should get behind the players as much as the players get behind the fans.

What fans????? Whodat????? Give MONEY!!!!!!

Ernesto
25-05-2011, 07:50 PM
And that's exactly why stats like these are absolutely meaningless. I don't care how many times the turd has let the ball ricochet off his arse into the net, we used to have decent players at this club now we have him. This, not surprisingly, has coincided with us going from a winning team to a steaming pile. Good players, win, bad players, lose, so obvious it could take your eye out.

Two sayings that have been rendered as meaningless as a super-injunction include 'Wenger Knows' and 'Arsenal quality'.

If 'Arsenal Quality' was a term that still existed, we'd never have let Diaby, Denilson, Almunia, Bentdner, Squillaci, Gibbs, Fabianski, Adebayor, Chamakh anywhere near the team.

As a direct consequence, we're being linked to the likes of Scott Parker this close season. Scott f***in Parker. The best player in a team that finished bottom in the league. That says it all.

AKBapologist
25-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Bendtners kack. No pace, no first touch, no close control and little positional instinct.

He's 23 but players at a similar age like benzema totally shit on him, lack of starts or not, he just doesnt suit the team. His problem not ours and we shouldn't be bending over backwards to pander to maladjusted youths.

Flavs
25-05-2011, 08:42 PM
funny if Shaktar buy him and play him and eddie up top of a 4-4-2...

However i think Newcastle is his likely destination or maybe Sunderland

Özim
25-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Bendtners kack. No pace, no first touch, no close control and little positional instinct.

He's 23 but players at a similar age like benzema totally shit on him, lack of starts or not, he just doesnt suit the team. His problem not ours and we shouldn't be bending over backwards to pander to maladjusted youths.
Yeah trouble is we have a 26 year old version who we need to get rid of too.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Nicklas Bendtner is worth €11million (£9.6m), according to the Arsenal striker's father.

The Denmark international has been linked with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich amid manager Arsene Wenger's ongoing interest in Real Madrid's Karim Benzema.

But Bendtner's father and agent, Thomas, does not believe that the forward would leave Emirates Stadium in a cut-price deal.
Bendtner has himself never been shy in talking up his own ability and his dad believes that the player is worth a fee of just less than £10m.

"One hundred million crowns (approx €11million)," Thomas Bendtner told Danish newspaper B.T when asked about Nicklas' valuation.

"He has been valued higher before. But of course, if you are on the bench the price goes down.

"Nicklas has the qualities to live up to this sum and we can certainly find a club that is willing to pay."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6960633,00.html

Would any team be crazy enough to pay that for a shite player?

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Should have sold him to Newcastle for 15mill pounds when we had the chance...

Darth Vela
31-05-2011, 02:38 PM
He'd get on with the Geordies, the best striker in the world playing for the greatest team in the world.

The Verminator
01-06-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm in the crowd that thinks Bendtner will succeed in a team that plays him regularly as a centre forward. Any club that gets him for less than £10m has got themselves a bargain.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Was talking about this the other day, he would be great for us, stick him behind RvP and bearing in mind both have an injury free season and I think we are looking at 30-40 PL goals (is that a bit too many????......nah, the optimism starts today!!!)

I know he is getting on a bit but there is no doubting that he still has game.....and we could benefit from him for at least 2 more seasons

My feeling is that he would defo be up for the challenge of playing for another PL team.........I would hazard a guess that Chelsea are proabably the only team he hasn't scored against (stats nuts feel free to prove me wrong!) unless he has scored an own goal which I have no idea what the answer is

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm in the crowd that thinks Bendtner will succeed in a team that plays him regularly as a centre forward. Any club that gets him for less than £10m has got themselves a bargain.

plays him regularly as a centre forward

thats the key Verms and I'm with you in that assessment.......the fact is we won't play him as a centre forward, we stick him out wide which apart form the odd blinding moment is about as mad as play Nasri and Arshavin there too, so may aswell cash in

Flavs
01-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Was talking about this the other day, he would be great for us, stick him behind RvP and bearing in mind both have an injury free season and I think we are looking at 30-40 PL goals (is that a bit too many????......nah, the optimism starts today!!!)

I know he is getting on a bit but there is no doubting that he still has game.....and we could benefit from him for at least 2 more seasons

My feeling is that he would defo be up for the challenge of playing for another PL team.........I would hazard a guess that Chelsea are proabably the only team he hasn't scored against (stats nuts feel free to prove me wrong!) unless he has scored an own goal which I have no idea what the answer is

Needs a strong man motivator to get him going which is why he has been a bit shit under Ancelotti after being awesome under Moronho, undefendable on his day but then so is Ade and i wouldnt want him here either

IBK
01-06-2011, 08:03 AM
He wouldn;t do very well with us, then, would he?

Flavs
01-06-2011, 08:05 AM
He wouldn;t do very well with us, then, would he?

That was kind of my point sunshine

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Needs a strong man motivator to get him going which is why he has been a bit shit under Ancelotti after being awesome under Moronho, undefendable on his day but then so is Ade and i wouldnt want him here either

but then so is Ade and i wouldnt want him here either

but if we could find the button and Drogba was willing for it to be pressed then even Wenger could do a job surely????

KSE Comedy Club
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Thats rubbish about Drogba, btw.

He was great last season under Ancelotti, he has just been off form this season. Where is the evidence that he needs a strong man motivator to get him going?

He would be excellent for us as he's a born winner.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
but if we could find the button and Drogba was willing for it to be pressed then even Wenger could do a job surely????

Wenger doesnt have the best of histories motivating players who are often lax and need a push though does he, he is more a sit back and let them do it sort of man

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM

thats the key Verms and I'm with you in that assessment.......the fact is we won't play him as a centre forward, we stick him out wide which apart form the odd blinding moment is about as mad as play Nasri and Arshavin there too, so may aswell cash in

I make you two right.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Evening Standard reports Sporting has made a £7m bid for the shite better known as Bendtner but we are holding out for £12m as there is interest elsewhere apparently

Marc Overmars
16-06-2011, 04:28 PM
7m? They can GTFO.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 04:32 PM
7m? They can GTFO.

I dont think hes worth anywhere near that much tbh cos he is awful but if we can get anything over £10m for him, it has to be the greatest piece of business in transfer history.

Wenger should be knighted

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Borussia Dortmund are set to make a formal bid for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner. However, the German club are unwilling to meet Arsenal's £12m valuation. (the Times)

Since when was £12m Arsenal's valuation?

I thought that was his fathers take on it.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/28/2594956/arsenals-nicklas-bendtner-to-seal-9m-move-to-sporting-lisbon

We are so close to the deal of the century

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Sporting Lisbon :bow:

Niall_Quinn
28-07-2011, 07:52 PM
7m? They can GTFO.

7M? Greedy bastards. That would mean we'd have to give them everything we got for Clichy.

fakeyank
29-07-2011, 05:48 AM

:gp:

I cant agree more. I dont know why so many Arsenal fans dislike him. I felt that when he got games down the middle, he is actually very good. The season before last, he actually carried the team towards the end of it. If AW plays him on the right, its not his fault. I'd rather have let Chakma off than Bendy but then Bendy knows he deserves to be starting so is leaving.. I can see him doing very well wherever he goes.

Fats
29-07-2011, 09:14 AM
agreed Cham is the one needing to be sold.

Bendy is nowhere near as bad as him

7 million for Bendy is fantastic for a striker that is about 3-4th choice

are we out of the waiting period then

Champagne Charlie
29-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Totally agree. He'll never be so called 'world class' but he is no where near as bad a some people make out. Just don't think he suits Arsenal's style of play and as soon as we switched to 4-3-3/4-5-1 he was never going to displace RVP as our central striker. I think he could be a 20+ goal a season player if given the chance.

Darth Vela
29-07-2011, 09:31 AM
agreed Cham is the one needing to be sold.

Bendy is nowhere near as bad as him

7 million for Bendy is fantastic for a striker that is about 3-4th choice

are we out of the waiting period then

Looks that way, doesn't it?

Can't believe people would take Bentdner over Chamakh as well, one works hard, holds the ball up well and actually has a consistent first touch whereas the other is a little more talented but is also Bendtner; we have enough talent here what we need is consistency and graft.

Master Splinter
29-07-2011, 09:33 AM
The Sporting move is apparently off because they can't afford to pay Dennis Bendtner's wages.

Darth Vela
29-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Bugger.

Surely he'd be willing to take a wage cut if it really is all about getting first team football?

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Ffs.Thanks a lot Wenger.Cunt

KSE Comedy Club
29-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Youve gotta be fucking kidding me.

Someone tell bendy he can earn the big bucks elsewhere when he learns to be a better player so we can get shot of him.

What a great summer this is turning out to be.

Niall_Quinn
29-07-2011, 12:58 PM
So why don't we take less than £7mill? Even getting two quid for Nick would be amazing business, if we drop the fee to £2 they can afford his wages, right? Get it done.

Fats
29-07-2011, 01:12 PM
why cant we just sack some of these players due to them breaking contract by giving less than 100%

we can surely prove this without too much trouble

the wage bill would come down significantly enough that it covers their transfer fee

Xhaka Can’t
29-07-2011, 07:06 PM
We really need to re-examine our pay structure. The amount unproven players earn is even more unjustifiable than some of the wages earned by proven players at City.

Joker
29-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Seriously hope we offload this twat ASAP.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Seriously hope we offload this twat ASAP.

GB's a good mod though.

Marc Overmars
29-07-2011, 07:37 PM
That is a very un-maccy type joke.

Interesting.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm defending him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/mb/img/emoticons/f_grr.gif

Joker
29-07-2011, 07:45 PM
GB's a good mod though.

Xhaka Can’t
29-07-2011, 08:22 PM
GB's a good mod though.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Wenger on Bendtner
"whilst most people think the earth revolves around the Sun, Bendtner thinks the earth revolves around his head"

:haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
whats the source for that quote? or is it utter bollocks as usual.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Source? :lol: No idea, it has just been posted on various forums. It's true even if it's fake.

Ironing
02-08-2011, 05:55 PM
It's bollix

Coney
02-08-2011, 07:23 PM

No - apparently Wenger tweeted it during a training session.

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 08:51 PM
No - apparently Wenger tweeted it during a training session.

:haha:

PGFC
02-08-2011, 09:14 PM
We should just swap him for Barton

fakeyank
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Its all over SSN. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Coney
02-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Bastard!

selassie
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
:d

Xhaka Can’t
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
We should just swap him for Barton

Or we could get them to take part in a fight to the death to open the season with a difference.

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Its all over SSN. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Ages since I've seen that. Great stuff! Thanks for posting.

fakeyank
03-08-2011, 12:41 AM
:tiphat:

LDG
03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Nicky B Speaks:

“It’s no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window subject to an agreement between all parties.

“An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded…

“Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.

“Many things have been said about my where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I’m happiest and Arsenal is a fantsstic environment for any professional to apply their trade.

“I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the Manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the Manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.

“I’ve learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club.”

2nd chance?

Özim
03-09-2013, 02:17 PM
So is he saying we wouldn't sanction the deal because we hadn't bought anyone then?

JonasTC
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Nicky B Speaks:

“It’s no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window subject to an agreement between all parties.

“An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded…

“Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.

“Many things have been said about my where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I’m happiest and Arsenal is a fantsstic environment for any professional to apply their trade.

“I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the Manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the Manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.

“I’ve learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club.”

2nd chance?

The idiot had the chance to leave earlier in the window, and then he's blaming us because we didnt let him go on the final day?

No way in hell did he write that speech/statement himself.

Marc Overmars
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
That's clearly an Arsenal endorsed statement because Wenget is going to use him this season and the situation needed explaining.

Kano
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
almost two years ago to the day

'I will never go back to Arsenal', Bendtner said. 'If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again.'

'That is over one-and-a-half years with no real chance to prove myself.

'I will find a new club - but I will not go back to Arsenal, that's for sure.'

what a man

LDG
03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
What an idiot the guy is.

He's not the best player in the world, but he does have some talent.

If he's actually applied himself, rather than thinking he was the finished article already, he might have made a career for himself. Maybe not with us, but certainly somewhere else.

Syn
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
He has the ability to be useful. But just not the mentality. Hope he never plays for us.

Power n Glory
03-09-2013, 02:29 PM
He could have left if he wasn’t such a greedy twat!

Unless we are desperate, we shouldn’t give him a game. Only if Wenger sees a remarkable change in attitude and effort should he be rewarded with a game. I usually have time for the kid but the statement has pissed me off a little. Still smacks of arrogance.

Kano
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
the funny thing is, he has turned in some brilliant performances for denmark and has a decent goal record for them too.

Marc Overmars
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think Wenget was joking the other day when he said he's prepared to play him.

He doesn't deserve another opportunity with us.

LDG
03-09-2013, 02:32 PM
That's the point. He's not a "bad" player. His attitude is what sucks.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
He's not fully fit? But on 52K per week? Good deal, how do I get one of those?

Nayan
03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
despite his being a twat, he shouldve been ahead of chamakh in the pecking order

LDG
03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think Wenget was joking the other day when he said he's prepared to play him.

Wenget sometimes just sees a player first, and I reckon he thinks that if we lose Giroud, we have someone very similar (if not quite as good or sexy) to come straight in.

With fitness and application, I can understand that.

But the point of the matter, is that we shouldn't be letting someone with that attitude anywhere near a very committed and hard working squad that we have right now.

Power n Glory
03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
despite his being a twat, he shouldve been ahead of chamakh in the pecking order

Agree with that. With a good run of games, Bendy could botch up some decent goals. Not a bad player to have at all. It's his attitude that's the problem. This summer sums it up. Had his chance to leave but chose money over football.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Hes shit.

Not sure where people get the talent thing from.

Done f all for us, Birmingham, Sunderland and Juventus. Only time he's looked any good is for Denmark and even they have had enough of him.

Needs to fuck off. Hope he's booed every game

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Hes shit.

Not sure where people get the talent thing from.

Done f all for us, Birmingham, Sunderland and Juventus. Only time he's looked any good is for Denmark and even they have had enough of him.

Needs to fuck off. Hope he's booed every game

He was pretty good for us, tbf.

Boss
03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Bendtner still has a record of one goal in every two starts for us IIRC.

Vital member of the squad :bow: :bow:

fakeyank
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
He's not fully fit? But on 52K per week? Good deal, how do I get one of those?

Do you like to suck dick?

McNamara That Ghost...
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Jaime Lannister. :lol:

Can't believe this moran is back. Well I say that, it's more than likely Sanogo will be first in ahead of Giroud.

Xhaka Can’t
03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
He was pretty good for us, tbf.

I hope to never see him wear our shirt again.

Static
04-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Good player, shit attitude but I hope he can change it around.

Nayan
04-09-2013, 09:51 AM
he will want to put himself in the shop window - available on a bosman next summer and able to talk to clubs from jan isnt he? Never mind how thick he is - his agent will tell him to put a shift in. We know he can score when he can be arsed so if he ends up 3rd choice target man its better than having chamakh or park on the bench for a few months

Ollie the Optimist
04-09-2013, 09:52 AM
His attitude is appalling and he can't blame arsenal for failing to move either. He spent all summer looking and clubs said no because of his wage demands.

If he is going to play, the one thing to motivate him is the World Cup. Dangle that in front of him and who knows. But I have my doubts

Ollie the Optimist
04-09-2013, 09:55 AM
he will want to put himself in the shop window - available on a bosman next summer and able to talk to clubs from jan isnt he? Never mind how thick he is - his agent will tell him to put a shift in. We know he can score when he can be arsed so if he ends up 3rd choice target man its better than having chamakh or park on the bench for a few months

He barely played any football last year because of injury, so if he doesn't p,any this year, clubs will doubt him come January amd next year as it could have been two years with a handful of games. It's in his best interests to put his head down and work hard but I don't think he will. Leopard doesn't change his spots

Marc Overmars
04-09-2013, 10:04 AM
He's ruined his career and given himself a bad name, no one wants anything to do with him and he only has himself to blame.

It's a long way back now.

Ollie the Optimist
04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
I think bentner has been here 9 years now so is eligible for a testimonial at end of season. Can't see that happening myself :lol:

JonasTC
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
wow... 9 years of wages for doing nothing :banghead:

Dein-machine
04-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Play him & Sanogo upfront in the Carling Cup - would be better than watching Only Fools & Horses!!!!

Nayan
04-09-2013, 10:31 AM

au contraire:
Division Club Season League National Cup League Cup Europe Total
Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
Premier League Arsenal 2005–06 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 3 0
Championship Birmingham City (loan) 2006–07 42 11 2 0 4 2 — 48 13
Premier League Arsenal 2007–08 27 5 2 1 5 1 6 2 40 9
2008–09 31 9 5 2 2 2 12 2 50 15
2009–10 23 6 0 0 1 1 7 5 31 12
2010–11 17 2 5 4 5 3 5 0 32 9
2011–12 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Total 99 22 12 7 16 7 30 9 157 45
Sunderland (loan) 2011–12 28 8 2 0 — — 30 8
Serie A Juventus (loan) 2012–13 8 0 1 0 — 1 0 10 0

three of those years were on loan and he has scored some important goals in his time here:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/dec/22/newsstory.tottenhamhotspur

Sadly he is an arsehole too

Cripps_orig
04-09-2013, 10:35 AM

Pretty much.

Worst striker I've seen at the club.

Would rather have Chamakh than this shite.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
He was never good enough to start regularly for us for the level we wanted to aspire to but he could have carved out a decent career as a decent backup (3rd) striker for us, someone who would be prepared to sit on the bench, come on when needed and do a job.

He could have stayed and fought even harder for his place after RVC came back and lit the league up but sadly he decided to throw a hissy fit and storm of on loan. I mean really, what was he expecting? To start ahead of RVC in that form? Unfortunately he seems to have given up on his development at this point and probably even regressed heavily if his tenure at his loan clubs are any indication.

Not accepting a deal to one of the numerous clubs that inquired at the start of the window (Frankfurt) because of his wage demands just exemplifies the type of footballer he's turned into. He could be getting game time now in a WC year but decided it would be better to doss about here for the entire summer before I suppose realising that no club of the class he desired were interested in and so had to settle on Palace by which time we couldn't sell him.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Chances are Denmark probably won't qualify having lost 4-0 at home to Armenia in June.

They need a miracle

Syn
04-09-2013, 11:13 AM
He's ruined his career and given himself a bad name, no one wants anything to do with him and he only has himself to blame.

It's a long way back now.

There's always a way back. Footballs a fickle business. All he has to do is get his head down and really focus hard on being a decent PL 'a goal being 2 games' striker which is something he is very capable of being. He has scored some cracking goals and even with a bit of striker's instinct he could prod home a few goals as the back up for us this season. Good record for Denmark and he got 15 goals for us in a season a while back. Unfortunately he can't get his head out of his arse so none of that will happen.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Says he's going to give everything he's got. Threats like that don't sit well with me.

AKBapologist
04-09-2013, 02:34 PM
There's always a way back. Footballs a fickle business. All he has to do is get his head down and really focus hard on being a decent PL 'a goal being 2 games' striker which is something he is very capable of being. He has scored some cracking goals and even with a bit of striker's instinct he could prod home a few goals as the back up for us this season. Good record for Denmark and he got 15 goals for us in a season a while back. Unfortunately he can't get his head out of his arse so none of that will happen.
And if he scores 40 amazing goals this season he's off on a free next summer...

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2013, 02:35 PM

To Real Madrid. Which would make two seasons in a row of us fucking them up.

Dein-machine
04-09-2013, 03:38 PM

There's more chance of Sanogo controlling the ball without it bouncing 10 yards away!!!!!

Nayan
06-09-2013, 03:30 PM

If he scores 40 goals this season as third choice striker we will have won the league with games to spare. I wouldn't care what he does at that point and neither would you

GP
06-09-2013, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JmNc5ysXOk

Özil's Panoramic View
06-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Seems a bit of an aerial beast.

We could use his sort upfront sometimes.

Nayan
06-09-2013, 03:50 PM
his first league goal was to come on and settle a north london derby with his first touch (a header).
later on he scored a header at stoke just after ramsey got shawcrossed

He has been very shit at times of course but we're not talking gervinho here - he CAN actually play a bit

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 03:51 PM
People are actually changing their mind about this cunt?

Wtf?

He's shite

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2013, 03:56 PM
He's also fat.

Nayan
06-09-2013, 03:57 PM
People are actually changing their mind about this cunt?

Wtf?

He's shite

not changing my mind at all. he can play, but masssively overrates himself.
wouldve played him ahead of chamakh or gervinho though- assuming his head was right which is a bit of an assumption