PDA

View Full Version : Nasri Gamble

Marc Overmars
15-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Just branching out from the other threads really for a poll.

Would you rather sell Nasri now for a sizeable sum?

Or

Keep him for the season and risk losing him on a free?

ps. Can a mod attach a poll to this please because I don't have a scooby. Fanx.

Letters
15-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Not sure a poll can be added retrospectively, when you create a new thread there's a checkbox asking if you want to add a poll and then on the next page you set up the poll question and options.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Any money we get wont be spent on the team and will go in Wengers and the boards pockets so we might as well keep Nasri

Penguin
15-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Sell him.

Keeping Nasri for one season is not worth £20m. The only reason I would want to keep him is if it was absolutely guaranteed we would win the CL or League with him in our squad and that doesn't look likely even if he does stay. We need the money for transfers anyway, that much is clear.

Not only that but we would also have some degree of control over who gets him, even if its not much.

Xhaka Can’t
15-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Adding a poll now.

dazthegooner
15-07-2011, 04:13 PM
What more nicking our jobs? ;)

Xhaka Can’t
15-07-2011, 04:15 PM
MO, you can add a poll by clicking the thread tools option when posting a new topic.

AKBapologist
15-07-2011, 04:28 PM
If he doesn't sign a contract extention then he should fuck off.

Letters
15-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Adding a poll now.

Oh.

You > Me.

Howdya do that?!

To answer the question, it depends on Cesc IMO. We have to keep one of them. If Cesc goes I think we should keep Nasri come what may. If Cesc stays then less fussed about Nasri going.

Boss
15-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Would prefer to sell him abroad for a lesser amount (even if we lose 5-10M) and buy someone like Mata to replace him, in an ideal world.

That said, I think he'll be one of the top five players in world football once he develops, so Wenger should be sucking his dick to make him stay.

Fist of Lehmann
15-07-2011, 05:14 PM
If he stays...
Assuming he is money orientated and that he will be playing for a massive signing-on fee somewhere, we should get one final Flamini-esque year from him.

The question is, will that one year be enough to offset the loss of revenue his non-sale represents and garner the money needed to replace him? On his own, he isn't enough to make the difference between winning the EPL or not. But is he the difference between 4th and 5th? That in itself would equate to £25m of lost CL revenue.

If we sold him now and used the cash to buy someone almost as good...
Most likely puts the 4th/5th further at risk but means no additional expenditure in replacing him.

Then again, maybe that is too literal. We already have Gervinho, maybe the money would be better served buying a centreback.

Overall, I said sell. I just hope holding onto him doesn't turn out to be a strategic error.

Kano
15-07-2011, 06:26 PM
def keep him

fakeyank
15-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Any money we get wont be spent on the team and will go in Wengers and the boards pockets so we might as well keep Nasri

I voted to sell Nasri but this comment makes more sense actually. AW isnt going to invest back into the team so might as well keep him

Xhaka Can’t
15-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Don't like the guy, but voted to keep him. I don't think we can afford to lose him and Fabregas in the same season. Also, I have little confidence of him being replaced, so why should I care about how much money ends up in the Club's coffers?

The only reason I care about the transfer value of Fabregas is out of blind hatred for Barcelona.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Would prefer to sell him abroad for a lesser amount (even if we lose 5-10M) and buy someone like Mata to replace him, in an ideal world.

That said, I think he'll be one of the top five players in world football once he develops, so Wenger should be sucking his dick to make him stay.

This agree with this pose 100%

selassie
15-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Assuming he won't sign we should sell him now. Ideally we should sell him to a team abroad, assuming he wants to leave the country. If he wants to stay in England then we'll have no choice but to sell him to a rival but we should invest every penny of the sale in improving the squad.

-Xs-
15-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Keep him. He's only going to go to a rival anyway, rather we keep him for one season more if it results in us winning something. The money is irrelevant, it won't be reinvested.

Niall_Quinn
16-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Keep - we're stronger instead of a rival being stronger if he's still on the pitch for us. There's more to this than just the money. Another shitty season and half our players will want to go anyway, plus we'll have less chance of attracting decent replacements. So this year has to be about winning and to do that we'll need all our best players. He's one of them.

Penguin
16-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Keep - we're stronger instead of a rival being stronger if he's still on the pitch for us. There's more to this than just the money. Another shitty season and half our players will want to go anyway, plus we'll have less chance of attracting decent replacements. So this year has to be about winning and to do that we'll need all our best players. He's one of them.

I'll say it now, we wont win anything even if we keep him. Really all it comes down to is us proving a point and it isn't even a good one because the world and his dog knows he will still walk for nothing in 12 months. If you were an Arsenal player a year from now, watching one of our best players leave for nothing and knowing we will have 0 to spend on a replacement what would you think? We're likely to have plenty more want-away's next year so I'd prefer us to take the money now and bolster the squad. Gervinho is already a replacement and we need to beef up the defense.

That said, Nasri will be playing out of his skin this season to keep the attention of the big clubs. £20million good? No, not unless he wins us one of the big ones. The thread title's perfect, it's a gamble. A massive gamble.

Özim
16-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Trouble is we're not winning anything unless we sign some quality. This team has shown it's not up to it, don't see how that's going to change without signings.

Personally would rather sell, we at least then have an outside chance of seeing a decent replacement, I'd like him to stay but not to watch him go on a free next summer.

Wenger has this pipedream that he can convince players to stay long term, trouble is without winning anything you have no hope.

Power n Glory
16-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Just give him the wages! We sold Clichy and we're not getting a replacement. Denilson is also on his way out, Bendy too, we have enough cash to give him a wage increase. Simple.

Injury Time
16-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Keep him and hope for a "Flamini in shopwindow" season so we get a full season of up for it Nasri and review pay/ stay in December IMHO.

Joker
16-07-2011, 12:29 PM
We can't rely on cowardly twats like Nasri. Expect him to go missing when it really counts this season if he stays. Don't forget that this dickhead barely performed in the second half of the season, especially in the big matches like the Carling Cup final, Barca away and the crunch end of season games against Liverpool and Bolton. We may think that keeping him will maintain the strength in the squad, but the reality is that when we really need a performance from our big players, scroungers like Nasri all to often go missing.

GunnerFan4Life
16-07-2011, 08:16 PM
if we kept him for one more year, i believe he'll wait and see what happens. if we do really well and win a good, decent trophy or etc then i believe he'll sign a new contract if bigger ambitions are guranteed at the club BUT if the same shit happens then he'll deffo leave.

However it is a risk.....

Penguin
17-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Even if we manage to win a trophy what incentive does he have to stay here? He can basically take his pick of more successful and/or richer clubs who will invest in the team. And he'll have a nice big signing on fee and contract due to the bosman transfer.

The guy has no loyalty to Arsenal and, unlike other players like Cesc, doesn't feel like he owes Wenger anything either. I'm pretty sure he's going to leave either way.

Özim
17-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah we're not going to win any trophies, our rivals have/will have strenghtened whilst we won't have as usual. Last season was our chance but we blew it big time.

I hope Wenger gets what's coming to him for being so neglectful of our problem, it's amateurish management IMO.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Just branching out from the other threads really for a poll.

Would you rather sell Nasri now for a sizeable sum?

Or

Keep him for the season and risk losing him on a free?

ps. Can a mod attach a poll to this please because I don't have a scooby. Fanx.

If there was a guarntee we'd replace him with like for like quality i.e mata then id sell him abraod tbh. We can't sell him abroad then id take the gamble tbh unless we got a silly amount of money for him domestically.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah we're not going to win any trophies, our rivals have/will have strenghtened whilst we won't have as usual. Last season was our chance but we blew it big time.

I hope Wenger gets what's coming to him for being so neglectful of our problem, it's amateurish management IMO.

Rivals Streghening has nothing to do why we won't win trophies it will because we won't change a thing of how we play and nothing would have been learnt from last season.

We could get to the cc final again whether we can win it remains a mystery to me. Same with the fa cup.

fakeyank
18-07-2011, 07:47 PM
He should stay and we should bench him. Keep him off the eyes of the big clubs. Next year when he will be a nobody, the Wigans and Aston Villas can sign him.

Dog Toffee
26-07-2011, 11:56 AM
We have to and definitely will keep Nasri, no doubt.

This coming season is crucial for Wenger, we really have to win something, or many more ppl will want him sacked (Not my view tho).

Wenger knows its a gamble and he could walk away for free next summer but it'l only be a, (what was it?) 12-13m loss if he goes. And if we do sell we wont get much more than £20m, I think another season with Nasri is worth the risk.

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 12:19 PM
If the stories are true that he will not sign another contract with arsenal then we should sell him now, as there is no wait and see.

Ridiculous to pass up £20m and a replacement on a 3 or 4 year contract to let this lesbo twat leave for nothing.

selassie
26-07-2011, 12:35 PM
We have to and definitely will keep Nasri, no doubt.

This coming season is crucial for Wenger, we really have to win something, or many more ppl will want him sacked (Not my view tho).

Wenger knows its a gamble and he could walk away for free next summer but it'l only be a, (what was it?) 12-13m loss if he goes. And if we do sell we wont get much more than £20m, I think another season with Nasri is worth the risk.

What's the point in keeping Nasri if Wenger won't strengthen the team? We won't win a damn thing this season even if Nasri stays.

Wenger has been gambling with this squad for far too long and IMHO should have been fired last summer.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-07-2011, 01:08 PM
What's the point in keeping Nasri if Wenger won't strengthen the team? We won't win a damn thing this season even if Nasri stays.

Wenger has been gambling with this squad for far too long and IMHO should have been fired last summer.

So Wenger should go and Streghen a rival then?

Özim
26-07-2011, 01:14 PM
1) He doesn't have to sell to Man U or Man City
2) They're not really rivals as they'll finish above us as they have better teams/squads
3) Better than losing 20 million and having 20 million less to spend (whenever a new manager comes in)

If we were genuinely in the hunt to win something then fine, but we're not so it's wasted money.

Don't want him to go but because he won't sign a new contract I'd rather we got some money at least.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Selling to Liverpool, Spuds and probably Everton and maybe Aston Villa would be selling to rivals.

Selling to either Manc clubs wouldnt be,

Kano
26-07-2011, 01:30 PM
chelsea and utd view us as rivals so i'd take their opinions over any fans

best idea is to keep him

Özim
26-07-2011, 02:09 PM
chelsea and utd view us as rivals so i'd take their opinions over any fans

best idea is to keep him
I don't think they do, if you want an example then look at how seriously Ferguson use to take us and how seriously he takes us now.

In the past he use to lose his rag and often start a war of words with Wenger, nowadays he doesn't bother and often says good things about him as he knows we'll bottle it. Noone see's us a serious challengers because we're not.

Kano
26-07-2011, 02:23 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/arsenal-our-biggest-rivals-alex-ferguson/145603-5.html

even considering our previous breakdowns in seasons past.

i'd take it from the expert rather than a bitter fans p.o.v.

Özim
26-07-2011, 02:30 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/arsenal-our-biggest-rivals-alex-ferguson/145603-5.html

even considering our previous breakdowns in seasons past.

i'd take it from the expert rather than a bitter fans p.o.v.
He had to say that as we were 2nd and everyone else was miles behind. If he seriously thought we were a threat he'd have played mind games as he's always done.

We ended up 4th, nuff said :coffee:

selassie
26-07-2011, 02:41 PM

I'd rather we sell him for money than lose him for free, we'll probably lose him to our so called rivals for free anyway.

Wenger has had all summer to strengthen our squad, why can't he deal with that first and then go and deal with the Nasri situation?

Moreover if Nasri is adamant that he's not going to sign then he should be sold...what's the point in keeping a want away player at the club? Makes absolutely no sense.

Kano
26-07-2011, 02:43 PM
He had to say that as we were 2nd and everyone else was miles behind. If he seriously thought we were a threat he'd have played mind games as he's always done.

We ended up 4th, nuff said :coffee:

i guess it's easier to find a interpretation that works for you rather than the straight forward meaning of the actual words spoken by the person.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:03 PM
That link is from March 2011.

Back then we were rivals.

Right now, we arent

Syn
26-07-2011, 03:06 PM
That link is from March 2011.Back then we were rivals.Right now, we arent You're such a penis. If we sold nasri to man utd you'd have a breakdown and start stuffing your face, sobbing into your tandoori at sakoni's (comfort food). So you can just fuck right off on this one.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:08 PM
You're such a penis. If we sold nasri to man utd you'd have a breakdown and start stuffing your face, sobbing into your tandoori at sakoni's (comfort food). So you can just fuck right off on this one.

Yeah cos i really said id be pleased if we sold Nasri to Man Utd :rolleyes:

Kano
26-07-2011, 03:12 PM
That link is from March 2011.

Back then we were rivals.

Right now, we arent

tends to happen during the off season

Syn
26-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah cos i really said id be pleased if we sold Nasri to Man Utd :rolleyes: Then what the hell is the fuss about? It then becomes irrelevant whether man utd are considered rivals or not...none of us want to see him end up there.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:13 PM
tends to happen during the off season

And we wont be when the season starts. Yes we might be mentioned as "rivals" by other managers who are being professional and respectful by doing so but anyone who thinks we are are deluded and clearly havent seen Arsenal over the past few years.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Then what the hell is the fuss about? It then becomes irrelevant whether man utd are considered rivals or not...none of us want to see him end up there.

Couldnt care less tbh.

We have Gervinho whos already better after 30 odd minutes v a pub team and then being hauled off

:BOBN:

Kano
26-07-2011, 03:21 PM
And we wont be when the season starts. Yes we might be mentioned as "rivals" by other managers who are being professional and respectful by doing so but anyone who thinks we are are deluded and clearly havent seen Arsenal over the past few years.

you got me there, its my first season as a fan

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:25 PM
you got me there, its my first season as a fan

If you think we are rivals based on last season then thats up to you.

Personally i think having won 2 games out of 11 i think towards the end of the season, a time we should have stood up and be counted pretty much says otherwise.

Theres a top 2, Mancs and Chelsea. City will get 3rd and then theres the rest. We are as much a rival of Man Utd and Chelsea as Everton are tbh

Özim
26-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Like I said you can gauge how much of a rival we are to Man U by Ferguson's behaviour, when he's relaxed and uninterested it's because we're not putting any real pressure on and he doesn't feel his team is threatened by us.

When we were a genuine threat he use to hate us, having a go at us at every opportunity.....now all we hear is good things, the top teams think we're a bit of a joke in the title race...and why wouldn't they, we're the biggest bottle job in football today...Birmingham have more chance of winning a trophy than us...oh wait...

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I still say keep the cunt, take the £20mill loss and stick his greedy arse in the reserves to rot. Cunt. £115K a week!? Cunt. Get Diaby ti break his leg and break it again when he recovers (which Diaby will probably do anyway but remind him in case he forgets).

gunnerrrrr
26-07-2011, 06:39 PM
sell the fucking cunt

Power n Glory
26-07-2011, 07:00 PM
If we don't sell him, he can go to Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea for free. That would be one bitter pill to swallow. I'd curse the day Wenger was born if allowed that sort of stupidity.

It's Wenger's fault for not making a decision on this earlier and if he keeps delaying we're going to end up with the worst possible outcome. He's full of shit. He said he'd never allow another Flamini situation and now he's doubled back on himself and seems cool to allow him to leave on a free. That is the worst possible outcome and we're in a position where control is completely out of our hands. We'll have no say in the matte come January.

We should have had him signed up when he had two years left on his contract. That's how you remain in control but we've allowed it to go this far and soon we'll have no say in the matter.

Sell him, line up a replacement and we'll all forget about Nasri. We sign Mata or that guy from Sevilla, all will be forgotten in weeks. If we allow this to go on all season and then have to suffer the pain of seeing this chump walk on a free to our fucking rivals....there is no coming back from that. Why put ourselves through this nonsense? He'll be bitching all season, putting in shite performances and we'll have to sit there and watch while he's getting paid with full knowledge that this prick will be off to our rivals next season. If Man U, Chelsea or City win the league, cups and Champions league, he'll be even more eager to join one of them. Sell him now and line up a repalacement.

Kano
26-07-2011, 07:50 PM
so far the only real insight has been a tweet from nasri about not believing the media. for all we know, he may want to stick out a final season to see if the team succeeds and then make his decision.

this isn't the 1980's. the club doesn't make the final decision. if the player decides to stick it out, then what?

i'm sure chelsea would've wanted to have got some money for j.cole, or for anelka. or bayern would've wanted something back from ballack before he left. or liverpool when McManaman left and of course spurs when campbell came to us.

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I think the importance though is that Nasri is one of our most valuable assets and for a club that counts every penny and operates the way we do in the transfer market, losing out on cash for him would be a bit of a blow. I know people don't think the 20m or whatever would be spent but I feel Wenger's hand would be forced, just as it would if we got mega bucks for Cesc.

I'd be pretty gutted to lose him on a bosman, especially to a rival who would be picking up a great bargain.

Shits out of our hands though, if he wants to stay for the season and make his mind up next year then I don't think we'd begrudge him that choice, and lets face it we're not going to be signing many more players, so keeping what we have is crucial.

Just a shit situation to be in all round.

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Most players are shit people these days and have zero respect for the fans. The claim is they are just employees and like any other employee they'll do what's best for them because they have a logical responsibility to do that. Of course there's one teeny-weeny difference - £90K a fucking week! You have to be a right greedy cunt to fret over another 25K a week when you're already getting £90K. This is greed at an incomprehensible level. BUT - if that's what the market will stand then you pay the greedy fucker and demand he then delivers on a king's ransom. However, this greedy little cunt appears to want even more.

I don't buy the winning trophies shit for a split second, if any of the cunts at our club really wanted to win trophies they would have done it last year when all the trophies bar the CL were laid out on a plate - you just won't get an easier opportunity than that. The point is, this cunt CAN'T win a trophy, he's tried and failed. Fair enough, it was a team (or club) failure but he still played his part. So if he is to be believed, the reason he wants to leave is to make the challenge easier, so his inability to win can be compensated by a team with more cash who can buy the bigger names who will then go on to do the job for him. In other words he wants to be carried. So he's a lazy, unambitious cunt as well as being a greedy tosser, he wants the big prize without pushing himself to the limit of what he can achieve (much like the rest of the losers in our squad at the moment). It's not like he's stuck at a newly promoted team with no chance of ever winning the PL no matter how thoroughly he applies himself, it's quite conceivable that if this group of players could get their act together and even despite Wenger they could win the PL.

But it would take effort, guts and commitment - that's what the damn 90K is for! The fucker isn't being paid just to turn up.

I can't stand greed. I cannot bear greedy people, they make me vomit, they make me want to kill them. Do the world a favour. And yet here we are, modern day football fans essentially having to sing songs and chant in support of undiluted greed. Greed from the players, greed form the board, greed for the TV companies, greed from the football authorities, the advertisers. The whole game is drenched in greed and it appears it has all gone too far and nothing can now be done to reverse it.

It's not even the money - it's the attitude. The mock loyalty to the club, the badge kissing, the fake concern for the fans. All kicked into touch as soon as the bigger offer comes along. What a hateful little prick he is, Nasri the cunt. Like the rest of them. Like all of them.

That's also why I never wanted Campbell here, btw. Great player but a cunt of a bloke, to betray his team like that. Football is different, it's not just another job, it actually means something to the fans. These players today don't understand any of that.

Forget the money, we won't use it anyway and I'd quite like to see the greedy bastards in the boardroom done out of £20mill because I hate their guts too. Put this little fucker on the bench and let him rot. Punish him for his disloyalty. Send a message out to all the other shit heads that disgrace their shirts week-in week-out that yes, the fucking fans do matter actually, yes the fucking game is a whole lot more than big money musical chairs played at their pleasure and the fans' expense.

Loyalty is DEMANDED from the fans, you're a plastic if you don't lay down your fucking life for the club. But it's become a one way street, we're all just mugs now, condemned as disloyal or a good times supporter for speaking up and shit on from a height when remaining silent. The owners, the managers, the players, the fucking club mascot - I shit on them, just like they have shit on the fans. This isn't football any more, this is something else, something fucking unpleasant.

If that cunt Nasri was in front of me now I'd kick him in the bollocks so hard they'd come out the back of his throat. The cunt. Shit on him too.

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Most players are shit people these days and have zero respect for the fans. The claim is they are just employees and like any other employee they'll do what's best for them because they have a logical responsibility to do that. Of course there's one teeny-weeny difference - £90K a fucking week! You have to be a right greedy cunt to fret over another 25K a week when you're already getting £90K. This is greed at an incomprehensible level. BUT - if that's what the market will stand then you pay the greedy fucker and demand he then delivers on a king's ransom. However, this greedy little cunt appears to want even more.

I don't buy the winning trophies shit for a split second, if any of the cunts at our club really wanted to win trophies they would have done it last year when all the trophies bar the CL were laid out on a plate - you just won't get an easier opportunity than that. The point is, this cunt CAN'T win a trophy, he's tried and failed. Fair enough, it was a team (or club) failure but he still played his part. So if he is to be believed, the reason he wants to leave is to make the challenge easier, so his inability to win can be compensated by a team with more cash who can buy the bigger names who will then go on to do the job for him. In other words he wants to be carried. So he's a lazy, unambitious cunt as well as being a greedy tosser, he wants the big prize without pushing himself to the limit of what he can achieve (much like the rest of the losers in our squad at the moment). It's not like he's stuck at a newly promoted team with no chance of ever winning the PL no matter how thoroughly he applies himself, it's quite conceivable that if this group of players could get their act together and even despite Wenger they could win the PL.

But it would take effort, guts and commitment - that's what the damn 90K is for! The fucker isn't being paid just to turn up.

I can't stand greed. I cannot bear greedy people, they make me vomit, they make me want to kill them. Do the world a favour. And yet here we are, modern day football fans essentially having to sing songs and chant in support of undiluted greed. Greed from the players, greed form the board, greed for the TV companies, greed from the football authorities, the advertisers. The whole game is drenched in greed and it appears it has all gone too far and nothing can now be done to reverse it.

It's not even the money - it's the attitude. The mock loyalty to the club, the badge kissing, the fake concern for the fans. All kicked into touch as soon as the bigger offer comes along. What a hateful little prick he is, Nasri the cunt. Like the rest of them. Like all of them.

That's also why I never wanted Campbell here, btw. Great player but a cunt of a bloke, to betray his team like that. Football is different, it's not just another job, it actually means something to the fans. These players today don't understand any of that.

Forget the money, we won't use it anyway and I'd quite like to see the greedy bastards in the boardroom done out of £20mill because I hate their guts too. Put this little fucker on the bench and let him rot. Punish him for his disloyalty. Send a message out to all the other shit heads that disgrace their shirts week-in week-out that yes, the fucking fans do matter actually, yes the fucking game is a whole lot more than big money musical chairs played at their pleasure and the fans' expense.

Loyalty is DEMANDED from the fans, you're a plastic if you don't lay down your fucking life for the club. But it's become a one way street, we're all just mugs now, condemned as disloyal or a good times supporter for speaking up and shit on from a height when remaining silent. The owners, the managers, the players, the fucking club mascot - I shit on them, just like they have shit on the fans. This isn't football any more, this is something else, something fucking unpleasant.

If that cunt Nasri was in front of me now I'd kick him in the bollocks so hard they'd come out the back of his throat. The cunt. Shit on him too.

:bow:

Fucking love that NQ.

KSE Comedy Club
27-07-2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/203147/Nasri-s-one-year-to-stay/

SAMIR NASRI has told Arsenal he is staying at the club for this season.

And Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas’ future it set to be decided by Monday, with his chances of remaining at the club boosted by Barcelona’s attitude towards his signing.
Nasri, who has been a £20m target for Manchester City this summer and also courted by Manchester United and Chelsea, has accepted Arsenal’s stance that they will not be selling him.

Boss Arsene Wenger said earlier this month Arsenal did not deserve to call themselves a big club if they let star players like Nasri and Fabregas leave.
And the Frenchman has the support of the board, with members accepting midfielder Nasri can leave on a free next summer if he does not sign a new contract.

City tried to entice Nasri with a deal worth £160,000 a week but the France international has agreed to put his future on hold for another year.
Starsport revealed last week that the club were set to up their pay offer from £90,000 a week to £115,000 but Nasri knows he will be in a strong position next summer if he lets his contract run down.
He will command a signing on fee of around £10m plus big wages if he becomes a Bosman free.

Its funny, you know, I thought it was US that told HIM he was staying this season.

LDG
27-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Awesome quotes on that article.

Özim
27-07-2011, 08:41 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/203147/Nasri-s-one-year-to-stay/

Its funny, you know, I thought it was US that told HIM he was staying this season.
It's the tail that wags the dog at Arsenal don't you know! :lol:

LDG
27-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Nasri is a lesbian.

Come on Arsenal. Can't wait for Saturday. Beer and footy. Nought better IMHO.

Kano
27-07-2011, 09:11 AM
just got my tickets for sat too.

my boys never got to see theirry live, so their last chance

LDG
27-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I'll be watching it on the big screen. Can't afford to go to the games at the moment. Stupid poxy solicitors and their stupid poxy fees :(

Coney
27-07-2011, 09:22 AM
It's all a clever bluff by the Arsenal. Get the press to speculate about Cesc and Nasri who are staying and that means no-one notices you buying other players in the background. ;)

Dog Toffee
27-07-2011, 11:27 AM

Nasri was probably our best player last season and we'd only weaken our squad for the coming season if we sold him. We dont need money, need class players to win stuff.

Darth Vela
27-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Nasri was probably our best player last season and we'd only weaken our squad for the coming season if we sold him. We dont need money, need class players to win stuff.

Yeah, I know how spoilt this sounds but I want to win a trophy next season, I guess most people are sick and tired of consistently coming up short too, and we stand a better chance of winning something with Nasri in the team rather than Mata or whoever would replace him, especially if Cesc leaves.

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I dont want to burst anyones bubble but we arent winning a thing again under our current management. Thought that last summer. Actually thought i might be proved wrong in the Carling Cup. How foolish of me.

Darth Vela
27-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, screw it then, get rid of him just for being a dick.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I dont want to burst anyones bubble but we arent winning a thing again under our current management. Thought that last summer. Actually thought i might be proved wrong in the Carling Cup. How foolish of me.

I think you'll be proved wrong, I anticipate we'll have a trophy under our belt by the end of this coming weekend.

Joker
27-07-2011, 12:18 PM
If Nasri does stay, we'll have an unmotivated, petulant player on our books who's unlikely to give a 100% for us. Sure, he'll produce some great moments of skill and score some good goals against crap opposition when the pressure's off to ensure other clubs remain interested in him, but when the pressure's on and when we need players to stand up and be counted, expect Nasri to turn in dogshite performances, because he knows he's going to leave in a year, so why should he run through brickwalls for his current club?

I wish we do sell the twat this summer, otherwise we'll have a zombie footballer who we cannot rely on in the slightest.

Syn
27-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I wish we do sell the twat this summer, otherwise we'll have a zombie footballer who we cannot rely on in the slightest. Yup, that'd have a very bad effect on our other non-zombie-like, reliable players.

Kano
27-07-2011, 12:26 PM
If Nasri does stay, we'll have an unmotivated, petulant player on our books who's unlikely to give a 100% for us. Sure, he'll produce some great moments of skill and score some good goals against crap opposition when the pressure's off to ensure other clubs remain interested in him, but when the pressure's on and when we need players to stand up and be counted, expect Nasri to turn in dogshite performances, because he knows he's going to leave in a year, so why should he run through brickwalls for his current club?

I wish we do sell the twat this summer, otherwise we'll have a zombie footballer who we cannot rely on in the slightest.

and what if he doesnt want to leave this summer

Joker
27-07-2011, 12:28 PM
and what if he doesnt want to leave this summer

We should do everything we can to try and sell him, otherwise he'll be a disruptive influence on the squad. We've already seen him put in half arsed performances this pre-season (especially against Cologne) so expect the same in the EPL if he stays.

Kano
27-07-2011, 12:32 PM
We should do everything we can to try and sell him, otherwise he'll be a disruptive influence on the squad. We've already seen him put in half arsed performances this pre-season (especially against Cologne) so expect the same in the EPL if he stays.

using pre season games as justification? come off it. trying to transfer list someone who doesnt want to leave at that moment is hardly going to do wanders for the rest of the squad either.

many other clubs have faced a similar situation, chelsea, liverpool, bayern munich etc so nothing new here.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-07-2011, 12:32 PM

IF he stayed i think he would be professional and what needs to be done, he respects AW to much not to after all his problem like so many is with the board. Its them who will suffer buy not getting money etc.

server too busy!
27-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Is there even space in our team for Nasri now? Gervinho and Miyachi will likely take the role he occupied, unless of course Wilshere is dropped.

If its not about the money for him, why not sign a new contract, and put a release fee in his contract that way he would ensure the club that stood by him when he was injured get a healthy payment as well.

Kano
27-07-2011, 12:46 PM
nas will remain first pick. i'm not sure miyachi has a permit to play over here yet

server too busy!
27-07-2011, 12:48 PM
But he isn't really a winger, Gervinho will take that spot I'm sure. I can only see him being dropped to CM

BOBN
27-07-2011, 12:51 PM
im hoping nasri gets booed heavily at the weekend to help convince wenger to sell.

losing him on a free would be disgusting. how dare the club put prices up, talking about "no value in the parket", prudence etc then go and pour £20m+ down the drain. im telling now that would be more wasteful than anything citeh or chelsea have done to date.

Penguin
27-07-2011, 12:54 PM

While I do agree with you that we should sell him, I think he'll play out of his skin next season. Or at least try to. The better he performs, the more clubs there will be after his signature. Without a transfer fee involved he can walk into any club that's interested in him.

If its not about the money for him, why not sign a new contract, and put a release fee in his contract that way he would ensure the club that stood by him when he was injured get a healthy payment as well.
Because he doesn't give a shit about this club and that would lower his wages and/or his signing on fee.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Is there even space in our team for Nasri now? Gervinho and Miyachi will likely take the role he occupied, unless of course Wilshere is dropped.

It's pure greed with this guy. If he signed a contract now his signing-on bonus would be a fraction of what he stands to gain if he leaves on a free next year. This guy has engineered the whole deal to ensure he wins (obviously I'm not talking about football matches and trophies here - heaven forbid) regardless of how much harm is inflicted on the club. Because you're right, he could easily make a deal that allows him away next year but also guarantees we get a fair price for him - even a 2 year deal would help us out. But he won't sign and this tells us everything about him. I wouldn't mind if he just came out and said it's about the money, but he's even started up his whine about trophies, ambition and all that shite that means nothing to these modern day players. Deceitful greedy little shit - he's tried to foster an image of being a straight talker but he's the exact opposite. I don't think he has an ounce of respect for Wenger or else he wouldn't be putting him in this position, there's a win-win available here but Nasri wants it all. He's a hate figure for me now, shitty little lesbian tool. I hope he doesn't get a game all season, rots on the bench, is quickly forgotten about by City and falls victim to the new financial regulations which will mean clubs can't just pay 100 dickheads stupid money. I hope he hangs on in his efforts to screw us and nobody wants him or his fucked up wage demands next year. I hope he has to grovel back to the negotiating table and Wenger tells him to fuck off and die. Wouldn't it be great and a refreshing change if it worked out that way?

Dog Toffee
27-07-2011, 01:31 PM

This from the starter of the Mindless Optimism Club, so he says anyway.

Coney
27-07-2011, 01:40 PM
This from the starter of the Mindless Optimism Club, so he says anyway.

Sometimes I get the impression he is not keen on Arsene.

Dog Toffee
27-07-2011, 01:40 PM
It's pure greed with this guy. If he signed a contract now his signing-on bonus would be a fraction of what he stands to gain if he leaves on a free next year. This guy has engineered the whole deal to ensure he wins (obviously I'm not talking about football matches and trophies here - heaven forbid) regardless of how much harm is inflicted on the club. Because you're right, he could easily make a deal that allows him away next year but also guarantees we get a fair price for him - even a 2 year deal would help us out. But he won't sign and this tells us everything about him. I wouldn't mind if he just came out and said it's about the money, but he's even started up his whine about trophies, ambition and all that shite that means nothing to these modern day players. Deceitful greedy little shit - he's tried to foster an image of being a straight talker but he's the exact opposite. I don't think he has an ounce of respect for Wenger or else he wouldn't be putting him in this position, there's a win-win available here but Nasri wants it all. He's a hate figure for me now, shitty little lesbian tool. I hope he doesn't get a game all season, rots on the bench, is quickly forgotten about by City and falls victim to the new financial regulations which will mean clubs can't just pay 100 dickheads stupid money. I hope he hangs on in his efforts to screw us and nobody wants him or his fucked up wage demands next year. I hope he has to grovel back to the negotiating table and Wenger tells him to fuck off and die. Wouldn't it be great and a refreshing change if it worked out that way?

Agreed (pun very much intended) Nasri could sign a two year deal with a big payrise, which means we can sell him next summer. Wenger was the one who spotted him and got him noticed so he's now in the french team and one of the best midfield players in the PL. He's a greedy bastard (bit so are nearly all PL players), but worse he's screwing over Arsenal, who made him into a great player rather a potential great one. And who's to say he'l play week in week out at City, they play a hugely different game to us, and he may soon find himself benched, then sold on to a lesser team.

server too busy!
27-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Sadly true, I can only pray that Adebayoritis strikes him.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-07-2011, 02:09 PM

good post NQ - I have been saying we should cash in and then buy in with what we get but I never thoight that Nasbo could show some gratitude by sugning thus allowing us to get some dosh in the event of him holding out on the final year
suppose cunts dont think like that tho do they?

Kano
27-07-2011, 02:21 PM
i dont see why a footballer would commit to another two years and risk being held to the extended contract in its full terms. look at modric. he was an idiot to sign a six year deal last season but the point remains he could now be stuck there for good.

let us not forget that players are heavily advised by agents, when i say advised i mean controlled, as there is plenty in it for his agent should nas leave on a free.

the whole deal is being made out as far too simplistic; sell him or why not sign an extension as gratitude so arsenal claw some money back, when there are far more dynamics to it than that.

BOBN
27-07-2011, 02:24 PM
While I do agree with you that we should sell him, I think he'll play out of his skin next season. Or at least try to. The better he performs, the more clubs there will be after his signature. Without a transfer fee involved he can walk into any club that's interested in him.
not really. the contract terms would be verbally agreed with city by sept 1st, signed and sealed by jan 1st. he could get the deckchair out for the whole season if he wanted. theres simply not enough time to put city off.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 03:41 PM
i dont see why a footballer would commit to another two years and risk being held to the extended contract in its full terms. look at modric. he was an idiot to sign a six year deal last season but the point remains he could now be stuck there for good.

let us not forget that players are heavily advised by agents, when i say advised i mean controlled, as there is plenty in it for his agent should nas leave on a free.

the whole deal is being made out as far too simplistic; sell him or why not sign an extension as gratitude so arsenal claw some money back, when there are far more dynamics to it than that.

The financial dynamics, that's the point. This fucker is trying to pretend his motivation is to win trophies, but the reality is he's a greedy bastard who has fuck all loyalty even though he runs around kissing the badge. He's a cunt - not the first and not the last to be sure, but his greed, ingratitude and selfishness coupled with the fact the cunt isn't exactly a trophy magnet is hard to bear. Pieces of shit like Nasri are killing the game we've all supported for so long. Why should anyone try to see it from his point of view or attempt to understand his motives? Fuck him. It's our money in his pocket, not the other way around.

Kano
27-07-2011, 03:45 PM
then you might as well smash your head off the nearest wall, pretty much the same thing

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 04:11 PM
then you might as well smash your head off the nearest wall, pretty much the same thing

This is the trouble with the world, the people who could do something about the money bullshit that's pulling everything down are the ones who say nothing can be done. Some can't even be bothered getting angry about it, it's beneath them to complain about being fucked in the arse. If we do the sensible thing and accept that footballers are just a bunch of money grabbing cunts, and obviously if we accept the team is made up of these players then it begs the question - who are we cheering for? Why are we cheering? Did we ever just support a badge? Or a stadium or a colour? I urge anyone thinking of buying a shirt this year to put Bergkamp or Adams on the back rather than any of the shitheads currently in the team, apart from the odd exception (perhaps, we'll see in time). Maybe Bergie and Adams still have rights, give the extra money to them instead of the cunts. There are things that can be done to fight greed, plenty of things. Trouble is most people capitulate before a single shot is fired. No, it isn't worth banging my head against a wall but it is worth speaking up and calling Nasri what he is - a greedy, disloyal, deceitful cunt. Because that's what he is and when was it ever wrong to tell the truth?

Kano
27-07-2011, 06:07 PM
it's escapism that means little else. for 90 minutes you care about what they do with the football at their feet and everything else around that means f all.

why are bergie or adams stand out characters more so than nasri? are we to believe that players from decades past are more honourable people just because they stayed at a football club for a long time and why does honour matter in a sports world that really has little meaning in the grander scheme of things? until agent power took over, players were treated like bitches and had little or no option but to wait until the club decided to shift them on. are we to believe that if the options that exist nowadays existed back then that there wouldn't have been the same level of greed from players? of course there would.

look, your one man army stance is nice and romantic at times and it fits in well to a internet football forum that is, like fandom, distanced from reality.

if i want to 'fight' greed, then you are right, there are plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways of doing so. but i'll continue to do them in the real world where it matters and not worry my pretty little head about whether or not a football player deserves a pay rise or not.

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 06:11 PM
it's escapism that means little else. for 90 minutes you care about what they do with the football at their feet and everything else around that means f all.

why are bergie or adams stand out characters more so than nasri? are we to believe that players from decades past are more honourable people just because they stayed at a football club for a long time and why does honour matter in a sports world that really has little meaning in the grander scheme of things? until agent power took over, players were treated like bitches and had little or no option but to wait until the club decided to shift them on. are we to believe that if the options that exist nowadays existed back then that there wouldn't have been the same level of greed from players? of course there would.

look, your one man army stance is nice and romantic at times and it fits in well to a internet football forum that is, like fandom, distanced from reality.

if i want to 'fight' greed, then you are right, there are plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways of doing so. but i'll continue to do them in the real world where it matters and not worry my pretty little head about whether or not a football player deserves a pay rise or not.

Pretty much.

He's still a a Lesbo though.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 06:36 PM

The highlighted fragment stands out for me. What you really should have said is you fully understand the financial side of sport but don't have a clue about any of the rest of it. It's also a bit weird and contradictory you should view sport as escapism when your ideal appears to be stark "reality" and the elimination of "romance". I also take note of your language, "one man army", do you know who else uses that tactic? Propagandists. Isolation, ridicule and a demand for the rational to be placed above the emotional in all cases even when it means the elimination of the latter. Forgive me but your "real" world sounds fucking miserable to me and it's hard to imagine any well adjusted human being would want to live in it. But the thing that fails to surprise me above all else is the happy coincidence of this "real world" view you demonstrate with such proficiency. The coincidence that challenges the victim to "get with" the "realities" the perp has created. It makes me wonder about the, "plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways", you confront greed - are they so small they are invisible, by any chance? Like you mean well but reality is always getting in the way?

fakeyank
27-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I agree both with NQ and TT. :unsure:

:getcoat:

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't think Terry Tuffnutz was saying that was necessarily his view. It's just the reality of the circus that is football today.

It's like crying about Santa not existing.

Kano
27-07-2011, 08:57 PM
The highlighted fragment stands out for me. What you really should have said is you fully understand the financial side of sport but don't have a clue about any of the rest of it. It's also a bit weird and contradictory you should view sport as escapism when your ideal appears to be stark "reality" and the elimination of "romance". I also take note of your language, "one man army", do you know who else uses that tactic? Propagandists. Isolation, ridicule and a demand for the rational to be placed above the emotional in all cases even when it means the elimination of the latter. Forgive me but your "real" world sounds fucking miserable to me and it's hard to imagine any well adjusted human being would want to live in it. But the thing that fails to surprise me above all else is the happy coincidence of this "real world" view you demonstrate with such proficiency. The coincidence that challenges the victim to "get with" the "realities" the perp has created. It makes me wonder about the, "plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways", you confront greed - are they so small they are invisible, by any chance? Like you mean well but reality is always getting in the way?

i tried my best to avoid it but you took the initiative to be condescending in your first reply, and it's something else that is effective on the internet. either you mean every word you say, which makes you quite paranoid, or you just need to hold the upper hand in any particular conversation, which makes you a bit of a control freak. the latter would be very ironic.

either way i'm not sure and my brief cheap psychoanalysis will and should not affect your style on here. hopefully you can stomach turning on the tv this season to watch these disgusting people kicking a ball without it causing you too much pain.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 09:47 PM
i tried my best to avoid it but you took the initiative to be condescending in your first reply, and it's something else that is effective on the internet. either you mean every word you say, which makes you quite paranoid, or you just need to hold the upper hand in any particular conversation, which makes you a bit of a control freak. the latter would be very ironic.

either way i'm not sure and my brief cheap psychoanalysis will and should not affect your style on here. hopefully you can stomach turning on the tv this season to watch these disgusting people kicking a ball without it causing you too much pain.

You tried your best? Wow, talk about coming up short. Thing is Terry, I admit, I spend my time on here moaning about the team - fair cop. Now will you admit you spend your time moaning about the people here? They're either arseholes for talking about media stories or naive and unrealistic to expect a return on their money. The message seems to be shut the fuck up, don't talk and certainly don't ask questions. Sounds a bit like Wenger and the board, if I was a paranoid cunt I'd say your were taking the shilling for your shilling. As it is your second guess was right, I'm a raving control freak. So everyone shut up about the media stories, everyone get with the program, you'll get what you're given and you'll fucking like it! Now pay up. Terry, we could be related.

Then again we're not totally alike because I have no problem admitting when I'm being a cunt.