PDA

View Full Version : Eboue Staying Forever! :-(

Letters
19-07-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/ebou%c3%a9-puts-his-feet-up-and-reads-paper-201107114057/

ARSENE Wenger has been warned by his last remaining player, Emmanuelle Eboué, that he never, ever plans to leave

As everybody else in the squad expressed their desire to play anywhere else in the world that isn’t Arsenal, the Ivorian football-avoider told his manager that he would need a court injunction to stop him turning up for training for the next fifty years.

Wenger said “Not many people know that our move to the Emirates Stadium was just an elaborate attempt to give Emmanuel the slip, but he found out where we were hiding when chasing after a clearance he’d shanked out of Highbury during a practice match with himself.

“He admitted he hadn’t noticed that nobody else was around, just assuming that the fact he was sedately strolling up and down the wing without sight of another player or the ball meant it was just another training session.”

The nominally-speaking defender was signed by Wenger in 2005 after he won a bet with fellow manager José Mourinho to see who could find the least useful thing to put onto a football pitch, with Mourinho’s suggestion of ‘A thin coating of Hollandaise sauce” coming second.

Since then he has endeared himself to Arsenal fans by spending the majority of his time during matches by wandering around the stands signing autographs and asking them whether they’ve read any good books recently.

Eboué said “Fabregas wants to join his boyhood club, Nasri wants to win trophies and Bendtner wants to find a club that’s prepared to erect a statue of him outside the ground that depicts Einstein and Da Vinci sat at his feet in rapt attention of his godlike genius.

“But I’m quite happy to potter around here for the foreseeable future and earn more money than the staff of an A&E ward per week for occasionally redirecting a ball, if it’s all the same to everyone.”

:haha:

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 08:57 AM
:lol:

Funny thing is, he will be here forever.

Injury Time
19-07-2011, 09:20 AM
:haha:

:crying:

KSE Comedy Club
19-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Ho ho ho, another great rib tickler.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I :haha:ed and then........

:ilt: in the mouth

Darth Vela
19-07-2011, 10:50 AM

I kinda want Eboue to stay anyway, if only for the fact he makes articles like that seem almost feasible.

fakeyank
19-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I love Eboue :)

Elreactor
19-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Eboue means committment. That article makes one love him.

Eboue :bow:

The Realist
20-07-2011, 10:34 PM
is it wrong that i don't want him to leave but don't want him to ever start a single game for us :angel:

he seems to keep the players morale up being the class clown in the group :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKfQV5pInt8&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2oIXRb47k&feature=related

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2011, 01:13 AM
is it wrong that i don't want him to leave but don't want him to ever start a single game for us :angel:

he seems to keep the players morale up being the class clown in the group :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKfQV5pInt8&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2oIXRb47k&feature=related

I thought that khat was made illegal back home?

Kano
25-07-2011, 09:17 PM
r.i.p

Arsène Wenger is close to raising £5m through the sales of Emmanuel Eboué to Galatasaray and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas to Ipswich Town as he enters what may be the defining week in the Cesc Fábregas saga. The Arsenal manager has identified the areas of his squad that need refreshing and Eboué, having been deemed surplus to requirements, is set to depart to Galatasaray for £4m.

The Ivorian is a popular member of the dressing room but Wenger appeared to lose patience with him towards the end of last season after he conceded a last-gasp penalty at home to Liverpool, which led to the concession of two vital points.

Eboué did not travel on the tour of east Asia, with Wenger citing a calf injury as the reason. But he was also left at home when they went to Germany last Friday to enable him to finalise his transfer. Wenger will move Emmanuel-Thomas, the 20-year-old reserve-team attacking talent, to Ipswich for £1m and he also hopes to sell Nicklas Bendtner and Manuel Almunia before the end of next month. Neither player travelled to Asia or Germany, with Bendtner having held talks with Borussia Dortmund. Almunia is of interest to Atlético Madrid, Malaga and Fenerbahce.

Marc Overmars
25-07-2011, 09:26 PM
This guy epitomises everything I dislike about the current team, he's unfocused and undisciplined. I'm sure he is popular in the dressing room, but that's probably because he treats everything like a joke. You don't need him acting the clown when we're trying to gear up for a big game, it's a distraction.

Not to mention his theatrics on the pitch which immediately put me off him.

I would applaud Wenger if he got rid of him.

fari
26-07-2011, 11:34 AM
This guy epitomises everything I dislike about the current team, he's unfocused and undisciplined. I'm sure he is popular in the dressing room, but that's probably because he treats everything like a joke. You don't need him acting the clown when we're trying to gear up for a big game, it's a distraction.

wow...just reading on espn that eboue is off to galatasaray...monsieur wenger is shipping them off left and right this summer

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Hope he stays.

Clearly loves the club which cant be said for 99% of the other players.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-07-2011, 03:17 PM
with the amount of dead wood going, Wenger will buy buy.......or it will be bye bye:haha:

crack myself up sometimes.........JSAO what a funny guy:getcoat:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Oh come on He's not that bad id rather have him at the club then fabregasright now i know which one cares more about the club right now.

Won't be sad if he goes but will miss him a little you gone on like all he ever did was mess around.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh come on He's not that bad id rather have him at the club then fabregasright now i know which one cares more about the club right now.

Won't be sad if he goes but will miss him a little you gone on like all he ever did was mess around.

This

Sure he makes mistakes but who doesnt. Mr and Mrs Wenger made a big mistake back on October 22nd 1949 when they decided to keep their son and we are paying for it

Ironing
26-07-2011, 04:05 PM
This

Sure he makes mistakes but who doesnt. Mr and Mrs Wenger made a big mistake back on October 22nd 1949 when they decided to keep their son and we are paying for it

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 04:16 PM

When our biggest problems in the team appear to be centered around mentality and professionalism, the last thing I need to see is this guy acting like a fool.

Apparently this move on the cards as well, hopefully it goes through.

Özim
26-07-2011, 05:08 PM
This

Özim
26-07-2011, 05:10 PM
When our biggest problems in the team appear to be centered around mentality and professionalism, the last thing I need to see is this guy acting like a fool.

Apparently this move on the cards as well, hopefully it goes through.
Honestly, cr*p footballer.....he's been here how long now and still can't do jack sh*t where it matters so there's no hope for him.

Can't play full back as he can't defend, can't play as a winger as he can't deliver a final ball or shoot. Squad players are suppose to be able to do a job or offer something, he simply doesnt.

On top of that he's a massive cheat, wouldn't have lasted long at any other top club. I agree he epitomises what's wrong at the club....no discipline, no improvement and no real reason why he's still around picking up a large pay packet.

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 05:38 PM
He's stuck around because like a few others in the squad, he has little chance of ever playing for a top club again. Said it before but certain players are damn lucky to be playing for Arsenal and under a manager as forgiving as Wenger. The fact no Prems club seem to be interested in our squaddies tells it's own story as well, most managers are quite savvy these days to what ingredients are needed in this league, and it's pretty clear our guys don't fit the bill.

fari
26-07-2011, 08:07 PM
He's stuck around because like a few others in the squad, he has little chance of ever playing for a top club again. Said it before but certain players are damn lucky to be playing for Arsenal and under a manager as forgiving as Wenger. The fact no Prems club seem to be interested in our squaddies tells it's own story as well, most managers are quite savvy these days to what ingredients are needed in this league, and it's pretty clear our guys don't fit the bill.

quite right...eboue seems to be good at keeping team morale high (essential in any organization, squad etc) but on the pitch he is just not good enough. i wish him well

fakeyank
26-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Eboue should be made captain of AFC

Thierrymon
27-07-2011, 01:38 AM
I for one will miss eboue :crying: