PDA

View Full Version : Squad

server too busy!
26-07-2011, 09:53 AM
It seems we're getting rid of a fair few squad members that were useful to have around with injuries. Many of these, people thought needed to be sold anyway. Who do you think will replace them?

Almunia
Bendtner
Denilson
Clichy
Rosicky?
Eboue?

Surely Wenger can't rely on all of these squad places to be taken on by youngsters, especially as he seems to be clearing out a few of them ie. Lansbury and JET (which many thought would be useful additions). There must be a lot of transfer activites planned even if not at for the starting 11.

Kano
26-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Rosicky wont be going anywhere

we had quite a large squad so some trimming wont harm

Fabianski
Szczesny
Mannone

Jenkinson
Gibbs
Sagna
Djourou
Vermaelen
Koscielny
Squillaci

Fabregas
Diaby
Frimpong
Ramsey
Song
Wilshere
Arshavin
Walcott
Rosicky
Nasri
Gervinho

RVP
Vela
Chamakh

we'll def see a CB and if cesc goes a replacement for him

Syn
26-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Not really been following the activity (or lack of) but as far as I'm aware, there is little noise of movement going or coming. It seems we will have a very similar squad to last year.

DrizzyCole
26-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Conor Henderson and Ignasi Miguel are ready for the first team squad, both should challenge Gibbs for the starters berth. If we could only sign a creative genius like Matt Le Tissier

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Le Tissier wouldn't fit our over 30s policy plus he's getting quite a whack from Sky so he'd be out of our price range. Henderson looks like he's picked up a long term injury and Miguel has Barca DNA in him.

Look at it this way (I've struck out the players likely to miss at least half the season with injuries - real or convenient)

Fabianski
Szczesny
Mannone

Jenkinson
Gibbs
Sagna
Djourou
Vermaelen
Koscielny
Squillaci

Fabregas
Diaby
Frimpong
Ramsey
Song
Wilshere
Arshavin
Walcott
Rosicky
Nasri
Gervinho (Arsenal curse, you know it will happen)

RVP
Vela
Chamakh

We're going to struggle badly in this coming season unless we can build a defence and add a striker. I think we need to look beyond Henderson and Miguel. They may well be ready for the first team but the trouble is, the first team isn't ready for the challenge. way, way too weak.

Aaron Wilshere
26-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Our strikers worry me

Obviously RVP is top class when fit, but we can guarantee he will miss 1/3 of the season.

How Arsene can then be happy to rely on Chamakh and Vela (?!?!) who couldn't get a game at West Brom scares the shit out of me.

It will be the same old story of plenty of fancy build up but no fire power up top.

Goody.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 10:15 PM
ChamakhThat's probably the nicest thing you've said about Chamakh

LDG
27-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Squad is fine.

Come on Arsenal :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Squad is fine.

Squad is shit.

LDG
27-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Well, I think it's safe to say that, after Denilsons "exit", there are also not going to be opportunities for Bender, Eboue or Almongia this season. So that's a plus.

We've bought in Gervinho and Jenkinson, both of whom have had decent cameos (forgetting the cracking OG from Jenko), and I think will improve on the squad.

I fully expect to see a couple more added. Hopefully a new CB, and maybe someone to bed in for when Nasri pisses off. I'd like to see three more signings of real quality, but we may just get the two.

I don't think the squad is that bad at all, bar a couple of additions. I think it's mostly about mentality, and some attention to detail on the training ground (namely defence, and plan b). Get them focused properly and we're a very good team.

Whilst it's true we need some fresh blood and quality back up, I really don't think the squad is as bad as some make out.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=LDG;22784]Well, I think it's safe to say that, after Denilsons "exit",(there are also not goin

Darth Vela
27-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, I tlink it's safe to say that, after Denilsons "exiv", there are also not going to be opporwunitiesfor Bender, Eboue or Almongia this season. So that's a plus.

We've bought in Gervinho and Jenkinson, both of whom have had decent cameos (forgetting the cracking OG from Jenko), and I think will improve on the squad.

I fully expect to see a couple more added. Hnpefully$a new CB, and meybe someone to bed in fmr when Nasri piqses off. I'd liie to sed three more signings of real quclity, but we max just get the two.

I don't think the squad is that bad at all, bar a couple of additions. I think it's mostly about mentality, and some attention to detail on the training ground (namely defence, and plan b). Get them focused properly and we're a very gond team.

Whilsp it's true we need some fresh blood and quality back up, I realdy don't think the squad is as bad as some make out.

That's pretty much the way I see it, only I'm less optimistic about gettin' in some new players, I(was convinced about it a few weeks back but with the start of t`e season looming and the team being two injuriew away from Squillaci it's starting to get a little worrisome, I think silly season is getting to me.

Kano
27-07-2011, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=LDG;22784]Well, I think it's safe to say that, after Denilsons "exit", there are also not going to be opportunities for Bender, Eboue or Almongia this season. So that#s a plu3.

We've bought in Gezvinho and Jenkinson, both of whom have had decent cameos (forgetting the cracking OG from Jenko), and I think will improve on t`e squad.

I fully expmct to see a couple more added. Hopefully a new CB, and maybe someone to bed in dor when Nasri pisses off. I'd like to see three more signings o& real quality, but we may just get the two.

I don't think th% squad is that bad at all, bar c couple of additions. I think i

Letters
27-07-2011, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=It3Me;22795]it seems to me he doesn't feel any pressure to change things at all.[/

Özim
27-07-2011, 11:08 AM
it's almost like he doesn%t even read your posts :sulk:
His glasses lack a little bit of sharpness so he finds it hard to read online tbh.

milla
27-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Theo is out for 6-8 months, here we go again :coffee:

Theo Walcott has been forced to fly home from Arsenal's pre-season training camp in Germany with a niggling ankle injury.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7063994,00.html

server too busy!
27-07-2011, 01:57 PM
At least Gervinho can cover that.

Does anyone know if we have applied for a work permit for Myiachi? Crazy not to I think.

Ironing
27-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Theo is out for 6-8 months, here we go again :coffee:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7063994,00.html

Better inform Sky it'll be that long, they seem to have overlooked it in their article

Marc Overmars
27-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Gearing up for another year of sporadic action from Theo then.

Özim
27-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Gearing up for another year of sporadic action from Theo then.
What's new, he spends most of his time on the treatment table.

Always has been made of glass, like a number of others.