PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal attempt to Trial Goal line technology blocked

server too busy!
26-07-2011, 12:50 PM
FIFA have blocked Arsenal from using goal-line technology in the Emirates Cup this weekend.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wanted to experiment by helping the officials in the games against Boca Juniors and New York Red Bulls.
Yet even though the matches are friendlies, FIFA will not allow the unofficial trial.
FIFA, having resisted previous calls to help officials via video, are allegedly ready to do a U-turn on technology - but not yet. Wenger said: "You need permission to use it and we didn't get it.
"I think they do not want to start to have a different set of rules here and there and I understand that.
"The good news is they are open to it and it looks like in the next World Cup we will have it.
"You want it so you have a better chance to make the right decisions. You know it could be a help for the referees.
"The more help they get, the more decisions they get right. I would like to use it for more than the goal-line but it's a first step."
FIFA supremo Sepp Blatter has always been anti. But after the World Cup in South Africa, which featured Frank Lampard's shockingly disallowed goal against Germany, the governing body has backtracked.
Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore is hoping the technology will be allowed for the 2012-13 season.
He said: "The technology is there. We should be able to use it."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3714414/FIFA-halt-Arsenals-goal-line-technology-trial.html#ixzz1TDPIUEYC

Ironing
26-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Fuckers!