PDA

View Full Version : Pat Rice - Director of football?

DrizzyCole
26-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Was doing some gentlemanly thinking earlier, and the thought came into my mind how good it would be with pat rice as director of football. Pat has a wealth of knowledge from around the globe and could ably assist Arsene with player production as well as scouting and youth team development.

With Samir Nazza and Cescy almost certain to leave, it is time fot the experienced ones to show their loyalty, and this starts from the top!

thoughts?

Kano
26-07-2011, 09:31 PM
i'm not sure there would be much point, as wenger would call all the shots on who to buy etc, which is supposed to be the main role of a football director.

once rice stops coaching i think that will be it from him. great servant of the club though but mystifying that his defensive experience hasn't translated to his coaching

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2011, 09:42 PM
i'm not sure there would be much point, as wenger would call all the shots on who to buy etc, which is supposed to be the main role of a football director.

once rice stops coaching i think that will be it from him. great servant of the club though but mystifying that his defensive experience hasn't translated to his coaching

Do you think he's allowed to coach or is he simply following Wenger's crackpot version of what constitutes a defence? I can't believe anyone, Rice, Keown, Bould, anyone, would allow the shit that goes on in our defence unless they were somehow handicapped from the outset. Wenger's stench is all over our defence, both in terms of the tactics (or lack of) and the personnel (or lack of).

Ironing
26-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I was just thinking, why don't we make Pat Rice chairman of AFC?

What does everyone think

LDG
27-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I was thinking that maybe Pat Rice should be Prime Minister.

Ironing
27-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Why don't Arsene Wenger and Pat Rice just switch roles? Surely that would be the best for all parties involved?

http://i56.tinypic.com/oir7h1.jpg

LDG
27-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Still makes me lol.

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
18-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear about this mate.