PDA

View Full Version : Site Problems - Update

Letters
26-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Just to update you all. Thanks for bearing with us, apologies for the ongoing problems but we are looking at upgrading our hosting which will hopefully give us much better performance.

I'm not sure how quickly we can do this, Jofnn and me are having boring, geeky discussions in the Staff Room about it and he needs to contact the host and talk to them about when it can be done. I'm not sure how much work Jofnn has to do - it may be that the host do it all or Jofnn may have to geek it up.

We will do this as soon as we can though as I know people are getting impatient and the performance hasn't been good enough.

:tiphat:

Jofnn
27-07-2011, 06:02 AM
I love it when you talk dirty... :getcoat:

Also - a thanks from me for everyone's patience... I know slow websites can be a pain in the arse - especially when it's a forum! We'll aim to keep downtime to a bear minimum throughout this, however there is every chance we may experience a bit in the transfer.

hymppi
27-07-2011, 07:31 AM
well done, lads.
i'm having hard time accessing GW, pages won't load.

Syn
27-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Just to update you all. Thanks for bearing with us, apologies for the ongoing problems but we are looking at upgrading our hosting which will hopefully give us much better performance.

I'm not sure how quickly we can do this, Jofnn and me are having boring, geeky discussions in the Staff Room about it and he needs to contact the host and talk to them about when it can be done. I'm not sure how much work Jofnn has to do - it may be that the host do it all or Jofnn may have to geek it up.

We will do this as soon as we can though as I know people are getting impatient and the performance hasn't been good enough.

:tiphat:

Not good enough. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm fucking off to goonersworld tbf.

Letters
27-07-2011, 08:06 AM
well done, lads.
i'm having hard time accessing GW, pages won't load.

I find it very intermittent. It's to do (we think) with us being on a shared server which, from what I've read, should be good enough for the sort of usage we get but clearly isn't. If we upgrade to a dedicated server (well, a virtual one, but let's not get boring and technical) then that should be more than enough for us and give us scope for expanding the site which was part of the reason for moving. We'll try to do that asap.

Letters
27-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Not good enough. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm fucking off to goonersworld tbf.

They do have a catchy theme tune, tbf :(

But Trina is a bitch. Allegedly.

Jofnn
31-07-2011, 10:03 PM
The upgrade process has now been started!

We're waiting for a new server to be setup... and then we'll start to move things over... This will require some downtime as we change our settings to look to the new server (up to 48 hours - worst case scenario). We'll post an update closer to the time, but just a "pre-warning".

Thanks again for your patience!

LDG
01-08-2011, 05:50 AM
I love it when you talk dirty... :getcoat:Also - a thanks from me for everyone's patience... I know slow websites can be a pain in the arse - especially when it's a forum! We'll aim to keep downtime to a bear minimum throughout this, however there is every chance we may experience a bit in the transfer. A waiting period :o

What's Wenger doing as site admin. Fingers in too many pies :sulk: