PDA

View Full Version : Injuries Thread :ilt:

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LDG
27-07-2011, 01:56 PM
For injury news etc....

Anyway:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/walcott-s-ankle-needs-more-investigation-

Walcott's ankle 'needs more investigation'

Arsène Wenger has revealed more details on the injury that forced Theo Walcott (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/theo-walcott) to make an early exit from Arsenal’s Training Camp near Bonn.

The striker sat out the session on Monday afternoon and was on a plane back home the following day. The manager did not suggest it was a serious problem but the injury clearly requires attention before the start of the campaign.

“Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI on Tuesday,” said Wenger. “It is an ankle injury that comes and goes.

“We need some more investigation because sometimes he’s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn’t practice anymore.”

And

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/henderson-out-for-minimum-of-six-months

Conor Henderson (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/reserves-youth/players/conor-henderson) is expected to be out for a minimum of six months after damaging his cruciate ligaments.

The 19-year-old midfielder twisted his knee in the final seconds of the 2-1 win over Cologne on Saturday and was stretchered off. The Irishman flew home that night for tests and, unfortunately, they revealed a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

“Conor has a knee injury and it looks as if it is a cruciate,” Arsène Wenger told Arsenal.com. “That means unfortunately that he will be out for six months at the very least.”

So it begins :coffee:

dazthegooner
27-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Bloody poofs back in the day you would have a broken leg chop it off and hop through the rest of the game ;)

Japan Shaking All Over
27-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Last season Frimpong , this Henderson. . . .Wengers youth policy! Rip

Injury Time
27-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry Theo, less than a week in my GW league squad
so going to join Citeh or a real injury :rose:

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 03:32 PM
“Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI on Tuesday,” said Wenger. “It is an ankle injury that comes and goes.

“We need some more investigation because sometimes he’s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn’t practice anymore.”

Doesnt sound good. Seems like he will need surgery

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Thank feck I didn't buy Theo in the GWPL thing.

Injury Time :pal:

Gervinho and Ryo to cover for him.

By cover for him, I mean destroy everything in their path.

fakeyank
27-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Dont forget, Cesc who is still an Arsenal player is 'injured' with a hammy!

milla
27-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Doesnt sound good. Seems like he will need surgery

We need more wide forward. Bring Reyes back, the guy is solid with a lot of experience and medals. :good:

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Diaby out for 10 weeksDon't know whether to laugh or cry

Ironing
29-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Good news tbh

Elreactor
29-07-2011, 03:20 PM
No concerns, apparently it´s the only way we can avoid players like Diaby. If this happens to a few other players, it may also be the only way for the clueless manager to finally buy a decent team.

After all, the "youngsters" that were supposed to develop and step into the first team are being sold, one after another, so no worries there either. He invariably must buy someone.

DJ Philosophe
29-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Yea I thought & felt the same thing.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/938332/arsenal's-abou-diaby-has-been-ruled-out-for-up-to-10-weeks?cc=5901

Olivier's xmas twist
29-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Time to sell the Cunt tbh just taking up extra wages we don't need tp pay.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 04:13 PM
No one will buy him whilst hes injured hence i was in 2 minds about the injury.

Yes glad hes injured as he will miss games for us but sad as well cos we cant sell him

Marc Overmars
29-07-2011, 04:36 PM
It's well beyond a joke now.

No one is going to take this guy off our hands, not only is he a frustrating cunt on the pitch, he's one of the biggest crocks in the league. More deadwood in the squad then.

GP
29-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Don't care about Diaby any more. He's been ruined by injury and offers nothing when fit.

Glue factory, I think,

Mr. Lahey
29-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Don't care about Diaby any more. He's been ruined by injury and offers nothing when fit.

Glue factory, I think,

agreed and the same goes for Rosicky. he was even worse than Diaby last year and we still rely on him.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-07-2011, 05:23 PM
No one will buy him whilst hes injured hence i was in 2 minds about the injury.

Yes glad hes injured as he will miss games for us but sad as well cos we cant sell him

Then let him go for free the sooner he goes the better tbh. Im sure PSG will pick him up with their millions tbh

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Apparently Theo isnt as bad as first thought and should be back within 10 days

Darth Vela
30-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Tbf, Diaby is out due to an attempt at corrective surgery on his ankle rather than his usual problems, if it solves it and he can have a little more confidence in it then I'm sure we'd see Good Diaby more often. I'd tend towards the opinion that there will still be guys targeting his ankle and he's probably had long enough to prove his fitness so it won't make any difference but if we think it might help :shrug:

Toronto Gooner
30-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Tbf, Diaby is out due to an attempt at corrective surgery on his ankle rather than his usual problems, if it solves it and he can have a little more confidence in it then I'm sure we'd see Good Diaby more often. I'd tend towards the opinion that there will still be guys targeting his ankle and he's probably had long enough to prove his fitness so it won't make any difference but if we think it might help :shrug:
I would like to think that Diaby can regain the form that he showed early on. However, I fear that his problems are more in his head than physical. I am not certain that he will ever fulfil the promise of his early years.

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 02:06 PM
As much as we can all agree Diaby is extremely stupid, the guy has had awful luck with injuries.

Well repeated assault I should say, rather than bad luck.

Like alot of our players, whenever they hit some form and look to establish themselves permanently in the team, one of their toes breaks or some GHEL scumbag ends their season.

gunnerrrrr
30-07-2011, 02:08 PM
As much as we can all agree Diaby is extremely stupid, the guy has had awful luck with injuries.

Well repeated assault I should say, rather than bad luck.

Like alot of our players, whenever they hit some form and look to establish themselves permanently in the team, one of their toes breaks or some GHEL scumbag ends their season.

Besides the first nasty injury the rest are mostly due to his slow play, ball dithering, lack of developing physically etc

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Off the top of my head, I can remember Paul Robinson (not the fat Spud or the one in Neighbours) taking aim and nailing him recently.

Darth Vela
30-07-2011, 02:21 PM
There's an element of that gunnerrr but last season was down to a continued assault on his ankle imo, he'd built up a bit over the sumer and looked pretty solid, his early season form was alright and he looked like gaining some consistency then up stepped Robinson and Essien and he lost any confidence in his ankle after that injury.

@TG as well, I think that's part of why his head ain't right, he doesn't trust his own body any more.

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Forgot about the Essien one. I think they repeated it once during the game.

He's turned into The New Diaby anyway, so he's got his comeuppance of sorts.

Darth Vela
30-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 03:18 PM
My Name Is Earl :bow:

LDG
01-08-2011, 11:17 AM
So...

Walcott (ankle)
Diaby (ankle)
Wilshere (ankle)

Hmmm.

Wenger (face)

Dog Toffee
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Doom, gloom! Lets all hang ourselves.

Gubby Allen
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has confirmed he is suffering from nothing more than an inflammation of his ankle and should be fit again "in a few days''.Wilshere picked up the knock in the Gunners' pre-season friendly against New York Red Bulls on Sunday and underwent a scan.
It was hoped this would shed some light on whether he would miss England's friendly with Netherlands next week, although his participation remains in the balance with no definitive timescale in place for his return.
Wilshere confirmed on his Twitter account: "Ankle scan just showed some inflammation. Hopefully will settle down in a few days.''
The scan confirms the initial prognosis of the Arsenal medical staff, who informed manager Arsene Wenger that he could expect to be without the 19-year-old for a week.
The injury could still put Wilshere out of the Gunners' final pre-season friendly at Benfica on Saturday.
Wenger said after Sunday's game that Wilshere would most likely be unavailable for England's August 10 friendly should he fail to recover in time to play in Portugal.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/939324/scan-good-news-for-arsenal-midfielder-wilshere?cc=5739

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Sir Jack :bow:

Why can't Walcott and Gibbs have his GHEL recovery abilities?

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2011, 10:20 PM
According to SSN today, our injury list is now as follows:

RVP
Walcott
Diaby
Gibbs
Nasri
Wilshire
Vermaelen
Koscielny.

yay.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
According to SSN today, our injury list is now as follows:

RVP
Walcott
Diaby
Gibbs
Nasri
Wilshire
Vermaelen
Koscielny.

yay.

That can't be right, the season hasn't even started yet. Someone else said this must be a ploy to keep our players out of the International friendles and that must be it. No team could be made of such fragile glass.

Darth Vela
08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
At the moment I'm trying to keep the opinion that it's all a massive smokescreen with this stupid international thingummy before a hectic start, the prospect of Squillaci lining up on Saturday fills me with dread.

fakeyank
08-08-2011, 11:18 PM
What happened to Gibbs and Vermaelen? FFS, these assholes should be shot!

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2011, 11:24 PM
What happened to Gibbs and Vermaelen? FFS, these assholes should be shot!

By Chamakh?

fakeyank
09-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Yes

Master Splinter
10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
There was some worrying news for Arsene Wenger ahead of Saturday's opening fixture against Newcastle earlier, by the way, after forward Andrey Arshavin was substituted after colliding with a Serbian defender during Russia's 1-0 friendly victory.

:lol:

:upset:

Oxo-Chumpface or Ryo to instantly enter first team action?

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 07:08 PM

Oxo-Chumpface or Ryo to instantly enter first team action?

Jeez, must have been a HUGE Serbian bloke to win a collision with our fat fuck.

AKBapologist
10-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Arsenal without Rambo, RvP, Walcott, Wilshere, Szczeney and Arsh for PL Opener... By the looks of things.

Sirjackofwilshere
10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
http://yfrog.com/h4ewpdp Its never ending this

LDG
11-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Arsenal without Rambo, RvP, Walcott, Wilshere, Szczeney and Arsh for PL Opener... By the looks of things.

Where did you get that from?

Master Splinter
12-08-2011, 05:10 AM
On Thursday afternoon, Arsène Wenger gave Arsenal.com the following team news:

on Walcott...
“Theo is back in the squad, this is much quicker than I thought.”

on Van Persie, Vermaelen, Gibbs - all went off against Benfica...
“From the players who played in the last game, everyone should be available.”

on Wilshere...
“Jack Wilshere has been put in a boot. He has an inflamed ankle and it is difficult to set any specific date on his return, but we hope he will be back soon.”

on rumours around Ramsey and Arshavin getting injured on international duty...
“From the internationals, everyone is alright. I am positive on all of them, so they should be able to travel tomorrow. Many of them have played 45 minutes to an hour.”

on Diaby...
“Abou Diaby is slowly improving. As well, it is difficult to say when he will be back, but we know he will not play before the end of September.”

on the condition of the squad at this stage of season...
“During pre-season we were more disturbed by transfer noise than injuries. We already knew that Diaby would not start the season, but he is improving steadily. We did not know that Wilshere would not start the season, that is our only bad surprise. But it is not a threatening injury, it is an inflamed ankle and we hope he will be back with us soon. Overall, this has been the best pre-season medically for a long time.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-van-persie-vermaelen-gibbs-fit

I predicted Sir Jack would be this year's RVP/Rosicky/Vermaelen/Ramsey/Djourou/Fabianski/Gibbs/Walcott/Diaby and it seems to be coming true.

:(

Diaby :haha:

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Any news on Wilshere? He's already becoming our most important player.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 01:38 PM
didnt know where to put it but Sing and gervinho have both been suspended ro 3 games now. Added into that the injurie to Gibbs and Jo Djo and we are royall;y fooked for the LOLlerpool, Manyoo games. Midfield of Ramsey, Rosicky and Frimpingpong to play the champs

Injury Time
17-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Ffs we can't even top the injury league
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php?SKEY=6646f63bedc6b0c3d82d7caa 124ab292

Ironing
17-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Ffs we can't even top the injury league
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php?SKEY=6646f63bedc6b0c3d82d7caa 124ab292

Cos the squad is too small!

Injury Time
17-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Cos the squad is too small!
We need some quality injuries and fast, not even Diaby in training to rack up the numbers :sulk:

Injury Time
17-08-2011, 08:50 PM
didnt know where to put it but Sing and gervinho have both been suspended ro 3 games now. Added into that the injurie to Gibbs and Jo Djo and we are royall;y fooked for the LOLlerpool, Manyoo games. Midfield of Ramsey, Rosicky and Frimpingpong to play the champs

Oopsy weird not updated us in the Arsenal injury league
Don't count on rosicknote
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/1/arsenal_injuries.html

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Papers saying Jack's out for our next 3 games.

I don't think it's overdramatic to say that our season is now over.

Well done Wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 03:05 PM
johncrossmirror #AFC Rosicky rested because he is carrying niggle, rest of injuries not looking good either for #Arsenal

seems like tomo rested for tommro

Gubby Allen
19-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Papers saying Jack's out for our next 3 games.

I don't think it's overdramatic to say that our season is now over.

Well done Wenger.

Should've gone to the U21s in the summer. So much for staying back to stay fit while Henderson, Welbeck & Jones risked getting crocked.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Have we surged to the top of the injury league yet?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 05:56 PM
I'll pin this, we'll probably be using it a fair bit.

Also, Wenger has said Wilshere will miss the next 2-3 weeks, not a huge problem if that is the case given it is an international break after the Man Utd game.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I'll pin this, we'll probably be using it a fair bit.

Also, Wenger has said Wilshere will miss the next 2-3 weeks, not a huge problem if that is the case given it is an international break after the Man Utd game.

Capello will still probably give him 45 mins, just tie the stretcher to his back.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 06:23 PM
It's Theo he'll be putting the stretcher on, given his book.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 06:32 PM
It's Theo he'll be putting the stretcher on, given his book.

Capello no speaky English, so provided nobody tells him then Theo's okay.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Capello no speaky English, so provided nobody tells him then Theo's okay.

He might not be fluent at speaking it but I am sure he understands it.

Theo. :rose:

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I predicted Wilshere would be this year's Rosicky/RVP/Vermaelen/Theo/Djourou/Diaby/Eduardo/Ramsey/Aliadiere/etc. quite a few times.

Another piece of visionary brilliance from me :bow: (:crying:).

Martson* will save the day :scarf:.

*I have succumbed to this horrible practice of joining two peoples' names. In this case it is our new midfield pairing of Jadson and Martin.

I apologise.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 11:07 PM
I predicted Wilshere would be this year's Rosicky/RVP/Vermaelen/Theo/Djourou/Diaby/Eduardo/Ramsey/Aliadiere/etc. quite a few times.

Another piece of visionary brilliance from me :bow: (:crying:).

Martson* will save the day :scarf:.

*I have succumbed to this horrible practice of joining two peples' names. In this case it is our new midfield pairing of Jadson and Martin.

I apologise.

Its getting silly now all these injuries and how this has still ot be sorted is a mystery tbh.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Sunday Mirror says Arsenal fear Wilshere could be out for 3 months

GunnerFan4Life
03-09-2011, 11:57 PM
The sun say IF wilshere breaks down again then he will need a screw in his foot which will keep him out till december.

Ashburton2006
04-09-2011, 11:40 AM
The sun say IF wilshere breaks down again then he will need a screw in his foot which will keep him out till december.If this is the case, we did not do enough in the transfer window IMHO!Just one more injury in midfield, or anywhere else really, we are fucked!Still worried about the season ahead.

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
SSN and Wilshere comfirm he's out for 2 months, starts light training in november which means he won't play till december so thats 3 months really.

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
I can confirm I will be out for around 2-3 months! I am working hard in the gym to stay fit and I am gutted but I will be back stronger!

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Emirates Cup :rose:Also come back Denilson. All is forgiven

dazthegooner
08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Makes you wonder as we always seems to have more injuries than any other team got to be something in it maybe our training methods need to change.

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
The sun say IF wilshere breaks down again then he will need a screw in his foot which will keep him out till december.

The sun is just obsessed with sex.

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
SSN and Wilshere comfirm he's out for 2 months, starts light training in november which means he won't play till december so thats 3 months really.

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
I can confirm I will be out for around 2-3 months! I am working hard in the gym to stay fit and I am gutted but I will be back stronger!

Jeez - it's worse than I thought. I hope they get his insides back in soon.

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Makes you wonder as we always seems to have more injuries than any other team got to be something in it maybe our training methods need to change.

Or maybe not.....

http://arseblog.com/2011/09/doctor-who/

Keith
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has been ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League match at Borussia Dortmund after injuring his ankle in training.

More to follow.

IBK
12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has been ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League match at Borussia Dortmund after injuring his ankle in training.

More to follow.

:rolleyes:

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Just replace him with a pylon. No harm done.

up the arse
12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Just replace him with a pylon. No harm done.

Apparently, the pylon also has a slightly strain and will be a bit short for Tuesday. Back in maybe 4 -5 weeks.

Ashburton2006
12-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Apparently, the pylon also has a slightly strain and will be a bit short for Tuesday. Back in maybe 4 -5 weeks. LOL! Fucking injury prone pansies!! Oh well, at least we've got Benajoun! FFS!

Cripps_orig
21-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Jack Wilshere is set for a shock return to action for Arsenal - two months ahead of schedule.

Wilshere revealed at the start of September that he was set to be sidelined for up to three months, which would have meant he was out of action until early December.

The Arsenal midfielder sustained an ankle injury in pre-season and needed a protective boot to help his recovery.

But despite claiming he would be out for around three months, Wilshere has responded well to treatment at the club and a shock early return is in the pipeline.

Wilshere, 19, was at the Emirates to see Arsenal sneak past League Two Shrewsbury on Tuesday night and it is understood the midfielder is confident of an early return.

talkSPORT has been told that Wilshere believes he will be ready way ahead of schedule and he could be back playing for Arsenal around mid-October.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1123/12/wilshere-set-hand-arsenal-huge-boost-early-return

Then he'll go on England duty and get injured again

hymppi
21-09-2011, 07:30 PM
LOL! Fucking injury prone pansies!! Oh well, at least we've got Benajoun! FFS!

ahem...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7192895,00.html?

Arsenal midfielder Yossi Benayoun will be unavailable for at least one week due to a side strain.

The Chelsea player only moved to Emirates Stadium on loan at the end of August and scored his first goal in Tuesday's Carling Cup win over Shrewsbury.

But Benayoun has revealed he has also sustained an injury and will be missing for at least seven days.

The Israeli is therefore set to miss Saturday's home Premier League match against Bolton and could be a doubt for next Wednesday's game with Olympiakos in the UEFA Champions League.
Benayoun said on twitter: "Very disappointed as I have a strain and will be out for a week or so."

Injury Time
24-09-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1123/12/wilshere-set-hand-arsenal-huge-boost-early-return

Then he'll go on England duty and get injured again

er no he wont

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out of action until Christmas as his ankle injury has not responded to treatment.

The England player sustained the injury in the Gunners' pre-season friendly against New York Red Bulls on 31 July.

It was only expected to rule him out for a short while, but has proved far more troublesome for the 19-year-old.

"The bone is not responding. I will have surgery on my right ankle on Monday," Wilshere wrote on Twitter.

"Hopefully I will return to action around Christmas time. I am in good hands! Thanks for your support everyone!", he added.

Arsenal released a statement on their website saying: "Wilshere has recently been wearing a protective boot aimed at allowing a stress fracture of the ankle time to heal naturally and avoid surgery.

"However, scans this week have revealed that the fracture has not responded positively during this period.

"Throughout Jack's injury, the club has been guided by the continuous advice of several world-renowned specialists. The information attained this week has led to the conclusion that surgery is now required to gain an optimal response.

"Wilshere is now expected to be out for a period of months. Following surgery these timescales will become more specific."

Wilshere's absence adds to the disappointment surrounding the start of the season at the Emirates Stadium. After losing key midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, Arsene Wenger's side lie 17th in the Premier League table having lost three of their first five matches.

On the plus side, the arrivals of Yossi Benayoun and Mikel Arteta have strengthened Arsenal's midfield. On Friday Wenger said he had not given up hope of winning the title, despite the poor start to the campaign.

Wilshere was wearing a protective boot to guard the affected right ankle, which Wenger claims was first damaged when the midfielder was on England duty against Switzerland in June.

Wenger won his running battle with England Under-21 counterpart Stuart Pearce over Wilshere's selection for the summer's European Championships in Denmark, but the rest he was able to enjoy in the close season was not sufficient to cure the problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14636507.stm

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Apparently Vermaelen has had a set back and wont be fit after the internationals

Marc Overmars
30-09-2011, 01:36 PM
This is how it begun last season. :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen has suffered another setback and is not expected back in action until the end of October.

Vermaelen has been ruled out since the start of September after undergoing surgery on his left ankle.

The Belgian international was expected to make a first-team return after the international break, but Arsene Wenger has revealed that he will now face a longer spell on the sidelines.

Wenger said: "He will be a fraction longer than expected. He will not be straight back after the international break. One or two weeks later and we still have to count one month for him."

It is a further blow to Wenger, who has had to defend his medical staff this week over their handling of Jack Wilshere's ankle injury.

Wilshere's prognosis has progressively worsened over recent weeks and on Monday has was ruled out until February after having surgery.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1153/43/new-setback-vermaelen-arsenal-ace-facing-longer-spell-out

Worst medical staff in the business?

McNamara That Ghost...
30-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Bloody ankles.

Chrissie
03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
T_Vermaelen05 Thomas Vermaelen
Great step forward today. First run outside without any pain or discomfort. Hopefully i can make good progress this week.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Letters
03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Worst medical staff in the business?

Hi Everybody!

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/marq/graphics/auto/DrNick.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Wojciech Szczesny has added to Arsenal's injury concerns after pulling out of Poland's squad for two friendlies due to a bad back.

The goalkeeper was due to link up with his national team this week ahead of the games against South Korea and Belarus after playing in Arsenal's 2-1 defeat by Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

However, the 21-year-old has withdrawn from the party for the fixtures and has been replaced by Genk keeper Grzegorz Sandomierski.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger will be hoping that Szczesny's withdrawal is merely a precautionary measure given the way the injury problems are mounting up at Emirates Stadium.

Bacary Sagna joined several team-mates on the sidelines after the full-back was ruled out for three months after suffering a fractured fibula against Spurs.

Wenger is already without Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Johan Djourou, Abou Diaby and Jack Wilshere as he looks to revive the Gunners' season.

The Arsenal chief has already written off his team's Premier League title hopes after the derby defeat left his team sitting in 15th position after seven games and 12 points behind leaders Manchester United.

Arsenal's next game is at home to Sunderland in the league on Sunday 16th October before travelling to Marseille for a UEFA Champions League tie.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7220507,00.html

Master Splinter
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
:haha:

It's all our best players dying.

Strangely, RVP is ok.

It's like a sick joke.

Only not that funny.

But still a bit funny.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 10:58 PM

It's all our best players dying.

Strangely, RVP is ok.

It's like a sick joke.

Only not that funny.

But still a bit funny.

This will be the season he stays fit you just know it lol

Syn
03-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Couldn't give a fuck if RVP was out for 6 months from tomorrow. Couldn't give a fuck full stop.

We all know the score. It's like we're watching the same movie for the 129378327th time. And that's fine if the movie is Anchorman. But not fine - as in our case - if the movie is 27 dresses ( Letters :haha: ).

Master Splinter
03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
27 Dresses :bow:. Cyclops is in it and he's always in quality films.

This is what I would say if I was Ach or the new Ach, Syn.

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 03:42 PM
ABOU DIABY is closing on a return to the Arsenal first team.

The France midfielder, 25, has missed the entire start to the season with an ankle problem.

But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is confident he will play in the Carling Cup fourth round clash with Bolton on October 25.

Wenger said: "It is very good news. He's coming back in full training now so he is 10 days away to be competitive to play.

"All being well he should be available for the Carling Cup or the game before."

Four days after the Bolton match, Arsenal travel to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea in the Premier League.

And Wenger expects influential defender Thomas Vermaelen to make his comeback from an Achilles injury in that game.

The Frenchman added: "He's two weeks away. He is running out on the pitches.

"He looks alright but we have to respect the progression, you still have to give him two to three weeks to be competitive again."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3872116/Abou-Diaby-set-for-Arsenal-return.html

Things go from bad to worse ffs

Also Vermaelen :lol: Was scheduled to be back after the internationals and then after the Sunderland game and now 2 to 3 more weeks

Just put him down

LDG
31-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Chamakh injured.

Funny that, as he hasn't played.

Think he may have a dodgy Almunia Tendon.

Wenger :bow:

Silent assisin when it comes to injuries.

Park to come in before going off to war.

Cripps_orig
10-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Ryo whatever out for 3 weeks

Needs to be back before the next CC game

We need that money from Asia

Master Splinter
17-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Gibbs has had another surgery apparently.

Out until after Christmas probably.

Which means out for the season realistically.

Gibbs :rose:.

IBK
18-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Jenkinson - back fracture. Oh FFFFFFFS!

LDG
18-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Cock and balls.

Do we have any full backs now?

Sagna - Dead
Jenko - Dead
Gibbs - Dead
Santos - Shite

Marc Overmars
18-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Gibbs, the guy who is lucky to play 2 games in a row. He's not even a reliable back up.

Buy a new LB.

Cripps_orig
18-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Woke up today to good and bad news on the injury front. Good - Jenkinson is out. Don't know how long but hopefully its for the season and is sold in the summer. Bad - Diaby is back in training. We're fucked.

IBK
18-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Woke up today to good and bad news on the injury front. Good - Jenkinson is out. Don't know how long but hopefully its for the season and is sold in the summer. Bad - Diaby is back in training. We're fucked.

I wouldn't trouble your head about Diaby. He won't even make it to the next full training session.

Flavs
18-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Santos - Shite

he's not shit mate c'mon.

I do wonder if we could officially sign henry on a loan, as he is already here, and get him to teach the forwards a thing or two (stop it)

LDG
18-11-2011, 12:10 PM
he's not shit mate c'mon.

I do wonder if we could officially sign henry on a loan, as he is already here, and get him to teach the forwards a thing or two (stop it)

Nah, he's not shit. I joke.

Actually quite like the geezer. Seems like he has some character.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Arsenal have received a boost with news that Abou Diaby is set for a return to action following a long-term ankle injury - although Jack Wilshere is likely to be sidelined until the end of January.

Diaby has missed the entire season for Arsenal so far and last played back in April when they drew 3-3 at White Hart Lane.

But he's handed Arsene Wenger some good news by declaring himself fit for the Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund.

“I am very happy - he has not played a minute this season and he had surgery in June”Arsene Wenger

Wenger said: "I am very happy - he has not played a minute this season and he had surgery in June."

Wilshere, meanwhile, will not be back in action for Arsenal until the end of January at the earliest.

There was a slight hope Wilshere would return ahead of schedule following ankle surgery but Wenger confirmed: "He will not be back before the end of January."

FFS

Niall_Quinn
22-11-2011, 02:12 PM
We get RvP ( :pray: )and lose Wilshere. The one consistent thing about Arsenal is the inability to get the strongest team on the pitch. This has been going on for years now. January "earliest" means the rest of the season, I suppose.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 02:13 PM
The FFS was more towards Diaby tbh but yeah i doubt we'll see Wilshere til May at least

IBK
22-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Wilshere is the latest in a long line of season-long lay-offs for us.

Power n Glory
22-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Diaby is hit and miss but he had some real good games last season. I wonder how he'd do in this current set up.

LDG
22-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Diaby is hit and miss but he had some real good games last season. I wonder how he'd do in this current set up.

I dunno. I reckon he'll take pity on Ramsey, Vermaelen and RVP, all of whom have had long lay offs with injury and don't deserve more time out.

My money's on Gervinho.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Haters will hate. . .but Diaby has had some great games in the past. . .he is known for the odd brain fart though. . .however my money is on him fitting well to our current more honest, more balanced. . .more team oriented set up!

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Diaby injured again

Master Splinter
02-12-2011, 05:01 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-diaby-and-rosicky-latest

Diaby out for "around ten days."

Diaby :haha:.

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Santos out for three weeks.

No point buying any more full backs, they'll just join the others on the treatment table.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Three weeks isn't that bad, although we have a lot of games in a short space of time.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Three weeks isn't that bad, although we have a lot of games in a short space of time.

It is when we have no replacement for him, when it gibbs back?

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
It is when we have no replacement for him, when it gibbs back?2017

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 01:07 PM
It is when we have no replacement for him, when it gibbs back?

Vermaelen should be used to playing LB, so not a huge problem if that's how it turns out. Granted we'll probably end up sticking Djourou out there.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Probs right lol

Vermaelen should be used to playing LB, so not a huge problem if that's how it turns out. Granted we'll probably end up sticking Djourou out there.

Forgort TV 5 can play LB.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Vermaelen is needed in the middle

Play that 17 year old Swiss dude at LB

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Vermaelen is needed in the middle

Play that 17 year old Swiss dude at LB

Kos and merts are fine in the middle

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Diaby injured again

Bring back Denilson

IBK
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Bring back Denilson

Flamini FTW.

LDG
12-12-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santos-to-undergo-surgery-on-right-ankle

Arsenal Football Club can confirm that, following investigations and subsequent medical opinions by Club specialists, left-back Andre Santos will have surgery to repair ligament damage in his right ankle sustained in the game against Olympiacos last week.

Andre will have surgery in Brazil this week and is expected to be out for around three months. Everyone at the Club wishes him well

3 Months :doh:

Marc Overmars
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh FFS. :doh:

So just Gibbs to rely on and he's dead most of the time.

Vermaelen might as well be a permanent LB for the time being. No recognised full back available now on either side. What a joke.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Fuck.

fakeyank
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santos-to-undergo-surgery-on-right-ankle

Allah Wakbar! :doh:

Cripps_orig
12-12-2011, 04:06 PM

We have the worst medical staff in the business

Syn
12-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Arsene :rolleyes:

Don't trust Gibbs to stay fit and I don't trust him to be able to defend even when he is fit.

Need Jenkers back at RB ASAP and keep Vermaelen at LB, and hope that Mertesacker and the best CB in the league do the bizniz.

-Xs-
12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
He's out for the season then. Left back a must buy in Jan

Ashburton2006
12-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Too fucking true! I bet the tight counts don't by in January either! What a fucking joke we are! Get your check book out Gazidis you fucking tight wad!

Letters
12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
We have the worst medical staff in the business

It's our medical team's fault that Santos got a bad injury? :unsure:

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 03:35 AM
It's our medical team's fault that Santos got a bad injury? :unsure:He was due to be out for 3 weeks. Our medical staff get to work on him and he's out for 3 months. Not the first time its happened either. Wilshere was due back in late August. He's nowhere near fitness. Vermaelen last season, RVP and his countless injuries etc.

Letters
13-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh I see, you're just WUMming again. Carry on. :tiphat:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Too fucking true! I bet the tight counts don't by in January either! What a fucking joke we are! Get your check book out Gazidis you fucking tight wad!

Come on fella you know Arry will splash he cash why so worried. and yes Spurs are a fucking jocking but thats another thread though

Syn
16-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Wilshere due to be back mid-February.

"How is Jack doing with his injury?"

He had a very important scan on Thursday and that was very, very good, exceptionally good. The news we have for Jack is very positive.

"Great! So he'll be back soon?"

No [he will not be back sooner], we will respect the delays. I count maybe mid-February for Jack.

Classic Arsene.

Gibbs is a week away. Might play against Villa.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Gibbs is two weeks away from his next injury then.

Syn
16-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Also, I'm worried there's no news of Jenkinson. He was supposed to be back around now. Need him back in the team ASAP.

Jenkinson :bow:

Jenko :bow:

Jenkers :bow:

Ghelskins :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2011, 01:24 PM
He made the mistake of getting a back injury.

Arsenal: The Age of GHEL is over. :rose:

Syn
16-12-2011, 01:28 PM
It is a setback I admit but it is a philosophy that cannot be killed. It is hibernating and will awaken when Archie Snr stops watching Gossip Girl and gets his arse back on the pitch.

Revival in February 2012. Coming to a pub near you.

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 06:52 PM
News on GHELkinson!

on Jenkinson…
His scan was not good news, the wait will be longer than expected. We have to wait four more weeks for another scan. His stress fracture is not a career-damaging injury but it will take a bit longer than expected.

:crying:

Probably only Sagna will be back for the Milan games.

Wilshere will obviously be out for the season, Santos will still be fucked and Diaby and Gibbs will never return outside of 5 minute cameos.

Gervinho, Vermaelen, RVP and a few others will be dead by then too.

Syn
16-12-2011, 06:56 PM
This is a disaster.

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I am numb to injuries now.

There's no point caring or worrying how it will affect the team anymore.

It's what makes Arsenal Arsenal these days.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-12-2011, 10:29 PM
News on GHELkinson!

:crying:

Probably only Sagna will be back for the Milan games.

Wilshere will obviously be out for the season, Santos will still be fucked and Diaby and Gibbs will never return outside of 5 minute cameos.

Gervinho, Vermaelen, RVP and a few others will be dead by then too.

Time to get the cheque book out tbh. RB and LB needed urgently

GP
16-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Time to get the cheque book out tbh. RB and LB needed urgently

Don't forget Pat Rice can also play there.

Coney
17-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't forget Pat Rice can also play there.

:good: Last time I saw him he was good. Mind you, that was 1977,

Master Splinter
17-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Don't forget PatRice can also play there.

Evra would be good cover for Santos tbf.

Cripps_orig
20-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Just heard on SSN

Gibbs has had a set back

Worst medical staff in the business does it again :bow:

Grebbo
20-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Gibbs

He's just a shit covered in skin.

Ashburton2006
20-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Time to get the cheque book out tbh. RB and LB needed urgently We know that won't happen! The board have pocketed £50m for Fab and that traitor Nasri! We won't see a penny! Come back David Dean, all is forgiven !!

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Gibbs out for a further month after groin surgery, ssn on th yellow

Grebbo
23-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Gibbs out for a further month after groin surgery, ssn on th yellow

I'm shocked.

Syn
23-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Djourou has a small chance of playing against Wolves. Sagna is recovering well - is able to run now and should be back end of Jan with Wilshere.

Marc Overmars
23-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Any news on GHELkinson?

This no fullback business takes the piss.

Syn
23-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Any news on GHELkinson?

This no fullback business takes the piss.

:shrug:

Last we heard he was supposed to be out for ages, wasn't he? Stress fracture or summin...I'm sure he's not expected back before Sagna - in which case he wouldn't play anyway.

Sagna will have to hit the ground running if he wants to make the French starting XI for the Euros. Wilshere too. Diaby :lol: - they'll probably still pick him.

hymppi
01-01-2012, 10:38 AM
fucking hell. our injuries to the back four are ridiculous. no other way to correct this than spending some money.
fuck. just as we were solid at the back we need to gel it again with some new dude.

Ashburton2006
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
fucking hell. our injuries to the back four are ridiculous. no other way to correct this than spending some money. fuck. just as we were solid at the back we need to gel it again with some new dude. I have just checked the official arsenal website and they don't appear to be updating the injury list? Where is Diaby? He was supposed to be out for ten days?

Cripps_orig
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
WHo cares?

Hope he stays away

-Xs-
01-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I have just checked the official arsenal website and they don't appear to be updating the injury list? Where is Diaby? He was supposed to be out for ten days?

They were having to update it too often. They can't be fucked anymore....

Xhaka Can’t
02-01-2012, 05:35 AM
They were having to update it too often. They can't be fucked anymore....

The guy updating it is out for 2-3 weeks with RSI.

hymppi
09-01-2012, 08:37 PM
shit. coquelin injured. what now? have song to move back?

Syn
09-01-2012, 08:42 PM
shit. coquelin injured. what now? have song to move back?

Nah. I reckon we should test out the curse and play Arshavin there.

LDG
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Nah. I reckon we should test out the curse and play Arshavin there.

Thought he looked decent last night. Needs some confidence, but worked his arse off.

PGFC
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
The good news is we're now entereing a full team into the 2012 Paralympic games.

Cripps_orig
17-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Wilshere will be back by February

The year was not revealed though

Niall_Quinn
17-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Injury bingo anyone? Might as well.

LDG
17-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I'll take RVP against Utd. The ultimate kick in the shitbox.

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Henry has a calf injury

Doubt v Man utd

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Both Vermaelen and Arteta are back for Utd.

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Both Vermaelen and Arteta are back for Utd.We sold them to Utd?

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Shut up you turd.

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Good to see Verm back

Arteta, not so much but hes the best of what we have available.

Bloody hell our CM options are piss poor

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd love Wilshere back, and a Diaby who has some form and fitness :(

Cripps_orig
20-01-2012, 10:13 AM
on Thomas Vermaelen (calf)
At the moment I don’t think he will make it for Sunday. Let’s hope we have a good surprise. Let’s see how he develops. There may be a test. At the moment we just go day by day but he looks short.

on Mikel Arteta (calf)…
He has no chance. The earliest for him is Aston Villa.

on Thierry Henry…
He will have a test on Saturday. He has a calf problem.

on Jack Wilshere (ankle)…
There is positive news about him because he is back to running after he had a little setback with the inflammation of his bone. He is able to go outside and practice but he is a few weeks away.

on Bacary Sagna (ankle) and Kieran Gibbs (groin)...
Both of them are about two to three weeks away.

on Francis Coquelin (hamstring)…
He is three, four or five days away from full training. I did not see him on Thursday but he is not far away. He could be available for Aston Villa.

on Lukasz Fabianski...
He is fit again.

on Carl Jenkinson (back)…
He is like Wilshere. He is back running but it will be a few weeks.

on Andre Santos (ankle)...
He is two months away. He is progressing well. We planned 12 weeks and he is on schedule.

We got Fabianski back :dance:

All is well in the world again

Xhaka Can’t
20-01-2012, 10:14 AM
That is quite the depressing read.

LDG
20-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Bloody hell.

Arsenal :rose:

Marc Overmars
20-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Look at all those new signings.

LDG
20-01-2012, 10:33 AM
We got Fabianski back :dance:

All is well in the world again

Wenger was active in the transfer market in the days after that defeat at Old Trafford, bringing in Mikel Arteta (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/mikel-arteta), Per Mertesacker (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/per-mertesacker), Andre Santos (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/andre-santos), Yossi Benayoun (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/yossi-benayoun) and Ju Young Park (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/ju-young-park) before the deadline. But he insists that was not a reaction to one scoreline.

"No not really," he said. "It was more linked to the fact that near the same date we knew Wilshere would have surgery, Diaby had not recovered, Vermaelen needed surgery and Gibbs was injured as well.

"We felt we could not go on like that, so it was more down to medical reasons than the result."

Oh...so what about now then, boss?

Fucksake.

Cripps_orig
20-01-2012, 10:49 AM
3 of the 4 he mentions are still injured albeit a different injury for Verm whilst Diaby is dead so cant be put on the injured list.

I really dont like football these days. Il be an idiot and il watch this game. Why i want to put myself through that, i dont know but i will.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Arteta too? I thought he was back for the Utd game along with TV? So we really are right back where we started. Bad luck, yes, but made a lot worse by levels of greed the human brain struggles to quantify or comprehend.

Syn
20-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Happens too often for it to be 'bad luck'. No.1 problem at the club and we somehow have never been able to fix it.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe we just make them eat chips, take up gambling and spend lunch times in the pub. The old GPS vest and stats package thing doesn't seem to be working. Is is a Microsoft system? That would explain a lot.

Syn
20-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Is is a Microsoft system? That would explain a lot.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2012, 02:13 PM

You can imagine Jack after doing 10K in training and being on death's door, "Please boss, please! Is it working yet?"

LDG
20-01-2012, 02:15 PM
"Diaby has encountered a problem and has to close"

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2012, 02:17 PM
The Chamakh you have installed is incompatible with the system.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2012, 02:21 PM
4 problems found.

Denilson... Quarantined
Eboue... Deleted
Walcott... Disinfection failed
Arshavin... insufficient storage space to process

Olivier's xmas twist
21-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Arteta too? I thought he was back for the Utd game along with TV? So we really are right back where we started. Bad luck, yes, but made a lot worse by levels of greed the human brain struggles to quantify or comprehend.

Bring back Gary Lewin because Colin seems to be useless

McNamara That Ghost...
21-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Fractured cheekbone for Frimpong. :doh:

Master Splinter
21-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Out for three months.

So he'll have got no experience at all really.

Curses :bow:.

Letters
21-01-2012, 08:18 PM

It's just...gaah! Seriously, this is just ridiculous.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Wolves have been boosted by the news that Emmanuel Frimpong could return to training by the end of the week.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2586245,00.html

Cripps_orig
23-01-2012, 04:09 PM
AOC has been sick and has a slight calf injury

Coney
23-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Not a fracture.

It's just gash.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Sagna is back training with the team again.

Not heard anything about when he'll be match fit though.

PGFC
26-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Sagna is back training with the team again.

Not heard anything about when he'll be match fit though.

2014 :good:

Sirjackofwilshere
26-01-2012, 09:47 PM
rumours that wilsheres had a setback and could be out for a long time

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Fleetwood Mac

Syn
26-01-2012, 10:58 PM

Oh, another pointless twitter rumour. Cheers.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Knowing our luck it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, even if it is just Twitter shite right now.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Damn! I read the first page of the thread by accident, thought Theo was injured and concluded Wenger would have to play Ox now. Then I realised the mistake :doh:

So just to confirm - Theo is NOT injured :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 12:18 AM

He was probs always out for the season and wenger tried to play it down for the sake of not buying, would not suprise me if alot of our players injurys are fabricated to be much worse than they are.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2012, 12:27 AM
This is still that "2 week" injury, right?

Ralpheroo72
27-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Wilshire injured whilst injured, this club is cursed. Where do we find our medical staff? NHS?

Marc Overmars
27-01-2012, 12:46 PM
There must be something internally wrong.

The invincibles never picked up the sort of injuries the team does now. We reguarly got 45-50 games a season from all of them.

Maybe they were just made of stronger stuff.

Syn
27-01-2012, 12:49 PM
This is a disaster. There goes our glimmer of hope for getting 4th place.

Power n Glory
27-01-2012, 01:04 PM
This is what happens when you try to rush players back.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Jack Wilshere has suffered a setback in his recovery from an ankle injury.

The Arsenal starlet is yet to feature this season having sustained the injury during a pre-season game against New York Red Bulls in July.

The 20-year-old England midfielder underwent surgery in September and was expected to be back in contention next month.

Wilshere seemed to be on track when Wenger revealed last week that he had resumed running.

But his return has been put on hold while the Gunners wait for the results of a scan.
Investigation

"Wilshere had a little setback which is under investigation," Wenger said on Friday.

"We don't know yet how bad it is. He has pain again in his ankle (when running).

"We stopped him right away. He is seeing a specialist today, so I do not want to give you any wrong information."

Wilshere last featured in a competitive match last June, playing in England's 2-2 draw with Switzerland during their successful Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7459567/Wilshere-recovery-suffers-setback

Time to buy Arsene no excuses.

Grebbo
27-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm shocked.

server too busy!
27-01-2012, 03:07 PM
FFS we need his creativity, its been the biggest thing we've missed. Time to buy Goetze!!!

Cripps_orig
27-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Goetze is injured

As for Wilshere, what else can we do but laugh?

I never expected him to play til at least May and that was before the set back. Our medical staff is widely regarded as the worst in the business for a reason

hymppi
27-01-2012, 03:31 PM
the spring came and took the wind out of arsenal's sails. every fucking year.
why am i still shocked? the injuries to our key players are as certain as LDG's hangovers.

Cripps_orig
27-01-2012, 04:38 PM
on Bacary Sagna…
Bacary Sagna is back in full training. Many players who are not specialist right backs have been playing in this position so we are relieved to have Bacary back.

on Mikel Arteta…
He is very close to full training, Thierry Henry as well.

on Kieran Gibbs…
He will be back to full training on Monday. He will certainly not be involved at all on Sunday.

on Francis Coquelin…
He is back in the squad, he is available. That makes him, Henry, Bacary and Arteta back in contention for the squad.

on Jack Wilshere…
He has had a little setback that is under investigation at the moment so I cannot give you how long he will be out for. At the moment he is seeing a specialist and as soon as we know more we will communicate. It sets him back a little bit but for how long I don't know. It is the same foot but a different problem to the injury he had surgery on back in September. But is it an inflammation? We have to wait a little bit.

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
He is alright, it was just fatigue. His calf was not gone or anything like that, he just started to tire a little bit. It is normal for a guy who plays a game at that intensity. But health-wise he has no problem. He will be involved on Sunday.

on Johan Djourou…
He has still not practiced today. It is a small hamstring problem - but a minor one.

on the overall position...
At the moment, many players are on their way back. I will have to decide on Saturday, I have to look at them and see how much of a gamble I can take because we play again on Wednesday. Gibbs will certainly not be involved at all on Sunday, but the others could be involved. That will be decided tomorrow.

Henry, Arteta and Coquelin back

Marc Overmars
27-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Sagna and Wilshere are the 2 injured players who will make an immediate difference to the team.

The rest I'm not actually too bothered about.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2012, 05:03 PM
It was doubtful if Jack could make much of an impact anyway having been out for so long. Didn't expect to see him feature much this season. Fully expected another of our key players to be missing for the duration, that's just the way it is with this club. RvP staying fit is the best we can hope for. If we can keep him fit then we have a chance of finishing in the top 8.

Marc Overmars
27-01-2012, 05:07 PM
It's sods law that now RVP seems to be made of sterner stuff *touch wood*, the rest of the team drop like flies instead. Not that it's stopped RVP having the year of his life, but just once it would be nice to field our strongest line up on a semi-consistent basis at least, but we don't even have that luxury.

Dennis Bendtner
27-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Sagna in, Djourou out - good times. Forget the rest. No one can say they expected Wilshere to have an untroubled recovery without setbacks. We're Arsenal. Sagna has probably fallen off a bike in the meantime.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Sagna and Wilshere are the 2 injured players who will make an immediate difference to the team.

The rest I'm not actually too bothered about.

So you were not one of the ones booing when AOC came off the other day.

Marc Overmars
27-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Considering he wasn't injured, yes. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 06:21 PM
AFC Wimbledon have completed the signing of defender Gavin Hoyte on a month's loan from Arsenal.

Hoyte, 21, arrives at Kingsmeadow having had previous loan spells at Watford, Brighton and Lincoln.

Dons boss Terry Brown told the club's official website: "Gavin is obviously a very talented young player who is comfortable in either the centre or right-back position.

"This deal will ensure we have cover and competition for places in all positions ahead of a very important period of the season."

Hoyte, who has only made one league appearance for the Gunners, is available for Wimbledon's game at home to Aldershot on Saturday.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7459499/Wombles-land-Gunners-defender

How good is this Hoyte

Dennis Bendtner
27-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Shoyte

Xhaka Can’t
27-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Shoyte

alexander
27-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Have any of our players ever nearly got over an injury, then not `suffered a little set back` Jesus its madness.

-Xs-
28-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Cunt it. Saw this happening though. Same will most likely happen with Santos too.

Fucking cursed cunty bollox.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Good news on jack

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has received better initial news than expected regarding the fitness of Jack Wilshere, confirming the midfielder has not had to return to wearing a protective boot.

The 20-year-old was last summer first troubled by an ankle problem while on international duty with England and, apart from a pre-season appearance in the Emirates Cup, has this season not played a competitive match for the Gunners.

Wilshere, who needed surgery after initially wearing a protective boot, was in early February set to return, but this week felt pain when running in training and will now have a series of consultations with specialists before deciding how to proceed.

The fitness of the combative midfielder will also be of concern to England boss Fabio Capello as he prepares for his side's Euro 2012 campaign this summer in Poland and Ukraine

But Wenger revealed after Sunday afternoon's 3-2 FA Cup win over Aston Villa it could be only a minor setback.

"We have no real news yet. The first news we have had is better than expected. He is not in a boot, but I don't know more," said the Arsenal boss.

"His morale looks quite good and I hope it will only be a short setback. There will be more tests this week."

Wenger added: "I do not know yet when he will start training. I would not like to make any mistake in my statement, because I did not speak to the medical people today."

Syn
30-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Wenger added: "I do not know yet when he will start training. I would not like to make any mistake in my statement, because I did not speak to the medical people today."

That's understandable. He's usually spot on with his estimates - why ruin his credibility?

LDG
31-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Gibbs is back in full training.

:rose:

Syn
31-01-2012, 05:32 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg741/scaled.php?tn=0&server=741&filename=ez7an.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Ghelkins is alive. :o

Injury Time
31-01-2012, 05:37 PM
So the rumours about him giving head....

Syn
31-01-2012, 05:39 PM
So the rumours about him giving head....

One of the comments:

"What's the hairy thing on top-right corner ? Shot with Wilshere-groin-camera(tm)"

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Defender Kieran Gibbs has returned to full training with Arsenal following three months out through injury.

The left-back is now back in manager Arsene Wenger's plans after a long period of rehabilitation from surgery on both groins.

However, the 22-year-old is unlikely to be risked for their weekend home game against Blackburn and the trip to Sunderland the following week.

But Gibbs could return to the Gunners' line-up for the FA Cup fifth round clash at the winner of the tie between Sunderland or Middlesbrough the following weekend.

"He had a normal training session yesterday," Wenger told the club's official website.

"He is still short to play now but it is good news to have him back and I think one or two more weeks practice will get him back to being available again. That is very positive."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7468340/Gibbs-returns-for-Arsenal

Still our for 2-3 weeks though lol

LDG
03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
AOC faces a fitness test before Blackburn.

:ilt:

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2012, 12:59 PM
AOC faces a fitness test before Blackburn.

I don't know why people are panicking. Jack and Ox will be fit in time for the Euros where they will get inured for the entire following season. We know this, not sure why it surprises anyone any more.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-to-see-specialist-for-knee-injury
(http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-to-see-specialist-for-knee-injury)
Arsenal Football Club can confirm that on-loan midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/emmanuel-frimpong) ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee whilst playing for Wolverhampton Wanderers against Queens Park Rangers during the first half of Saturday’s Premier League fixture at Loftus Road.

Having had a similar injury to his left knee in 2010, Emmanuel will see specialists in London over the next few days before having surgery and starting a programme of rehabilitation.

Emmanuel is expected to be out for a number of months and will therefore miss the remainder of this season.

Everyone at Arsenal and Wolverhampton Wanderers wish Emmanuel a swift recovery.

Your curse is even stronger than anyone thought...

McNamara That Ghost...
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
That's the second cruciate injury of his career.

Kano
06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
unbelievable. truly.

most worrying is what this means for his career. second season in a row this has happened to him and how he can make a career based on successive injuries like this is anyone's guess.

Marc Overmars
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Fucking hell.

2 cruciates and he's only 20. :doh:

I guess the curse just follows you if you're associated with Arsenal in any way.

Cripps_orig
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Not a big fan but tis a shame

Letters
06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-to-see-specialist-for-knee-injury
(http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-to-see-specialist-for-knee-injury)
Arsenal Football Club can confirm that on-loan midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/emmanuel-frimpong) ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee whilst playing for Wolverhampton Wanderers against Queens Park Rangers during the first half of Saturday’s Premier League fixture at Loftus Road.

Having had a similar injury to his left knee in 2010, Emmanuel will see specialists in London over the next few days before having surgery and starting a programme of rehabilitation.

http://thestandard.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Dr-Nick-Riviera.png

tbh

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Jack Wilshere has turned to technology in a bid to try and rescue his season.

The Arsenal midfielder has missed the entire campaign thus far due to injury and recently suffered a setback thanks to a further a stress fracture picked up in training.

It was expected that Wilshere would be out for the rest of the season and would play no part at Euro 2012.

However, in a desperate attempt to recover from his injury the England player has started using Exogen ultrasound bone healing equipment.

Despite being on holiday, Wilshere tweeted a picture of his leg strapped to the machine and commented: “Dear exogen machine...please heal me quicker...love from your number one customer!”

The 20-year-old has five senior England caps and was a key member of the Gunners' squad last season, making 49 appearances.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/08/2893503/arsenals-jack-wilshere-turns-to-technology-in-order-to-aid-ankle-

Cripps_orig
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Arsenal have apparently been handed a boost with reports that midfielder Jack Wilshere is making good progress with his recovery from injury.

The 20-year-old suffered an ankle injury against New York Red Bulls last year and underwent surgery due to a lack of progress following the injury. His comeback was further delayed due to a stress fracture.

Now, however, The Sunday Mirror reports that the midfielder has made excellent progress and could even return to action next month, if his scans come back all clear.

Wilshere will be vying for a place not only in the Gunners' first team but also in England's squad for the European Championship tournament that will take place at Poland and Ukraine in the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/12/2901110/arsenals-jack-wilshere-could-return-to-action-in-march

March :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
13-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Jack should not rush things. . .best to kiss the Euros goodbye

Cripps_orig
13-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Even if he doesnt go to the Euros, he'll go to the Olympics

Kano
17-02-2012, 03:04 PM
that's merts screwed for the season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7527872/Mertesacker-out-for-long-term-

such a big miss the other night. he is very composed and performs better in europe and i would pick him every time over verm.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Only Arteta left to go. :rose:

Marc Overmars
17-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Another one bites the dust.

The curse. :rose:

GHELkinson is back in training next week though at least.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 04:54 PM
that's merts screwed for the season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7527872/Mertesacker-out-for-long-term-

such a big miss the other night. he is very composed and performs better in europe and i would pick him every time over verm.

Sucks is really does, well hopefully Kos and TV 5 can get back to the good partnership they had tbh.

Good to know Gibbs never sufferd a relapse too

Kano
17-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Sucks is really does, well hopefully Kos and TV 5 can get back to the good partnership they had tbh.

Good to know Gibbs never sufferd a relapse too

they never had a good partnership.

verm is too erratic for my liking and far too similar a player to kos, who has taken his place as our best defender.

Grebbo
21-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Wilshere back in training, I presume from his tweets that he's had some good news:

21hrs ago Jack Wilshere @JackWilshere Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Good day :) :) :) training done....home to chill now!

20 Feb Jack Wilshere @JackWilshere Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

"@kylebartley22: @JackWilshere good luck mate x" thanks mate :)

20 Feb Jack Wilshere @JackWilshere Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Hoping for some good news today! #FingerCrossed

Syn
21-02-2012, 12:33 PM
One of the replies:
daodu adebayo @boyopunpin
@JackWilshere are u back in full training mate???that wld be a news that wld make my day and make me reconcile with my Fiancee

:unsure:

In other news, ghelkinson in action for the reserves tonight. :scarf:

Playing against Norwich Reserves alongside Arshavin, Chamakh, Benayoun and Park Chu Young.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Archie has probably just learnt his first swearword.

Syn
21-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Fack.

Flavs
21-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Playing against Norwich Reserves alongside Arshavin, Chamakh, Benayoun and Park Chu Young.

Joker
21-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Park :bow:

Another Amaury Bischoff.