PDA

View Full Version : Which other TOP club has such obvious gaps which their manger refuses to address??

gunnerrrrr
30-07-2011, 06:29 PM
How many YEARS have we as a club needed to address our defending, lack of steel, weak mentality, weak players. It is beyond understandable why Wenger refuses to decidedly address these areas before the start of each season or January transfer window.

However there are enough threads on that but in all honestly which other top, say 6, club in the Prem league has a manager who is so lacking in addressing such obvious weaknesses?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 06:31 PM
How many YEARS have we as a club needed to address our defending, lack of steel, weak mentality, weak players. It is beyond understandable why Wenger refuses to decidedly address these areas before the start of each season or January transfer window.

However there are enough threads on that but in all honestly which other top, say 6, club in the Prem league has a manager who is so lacking in addressing such obvious weaknesses?

Transfer window is not over yet is it and the fact we are in for Jageelka says were trying to fix something tbh. But if after today We don't get two world class CB's there really will be is a problem with this club

gunnerrrrr
30-07-2011, 06:40 PM
wont believe it until the fuckers sign...still cant believe we let Alonso get away a few years ago over a couple of million pounds.....him and Cesc would have been legendary

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 06:47 PM
wont believe it until the fuckers sign...still cant believe we let Alonso get away a few years ago over a couple of million pounds.....him and Cesc would have been legendary

Bst way tbh, until its on the yellow on ssn they are having a medical with the club don't believe anthing in papers tbh.

gunnerrrrr
30-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Latest Wenger quotes:

on letting in two second-half goals...
You never want to concede goals, but overall I do not give too much importance to that. What is important for us it to find a collective rhythm.

FML

Niall_Quinn
30-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Latest Wenger quotes:

You never want to concede goals, but overall I do not give too much importance to that. What is important for us it to find a collective rhythm.

FML

None of them have problems finding a collective rhythm when it comes to fucking the fans.

Joker
30-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Latest Wenger quotes:

FML

Wenger, please shut the fuck up and get the required players in NOW.

Marc Overmars
30-07-2011, 07:16 PM
He has tried to sort out the issues, I don't believe he's turned a blind eye to it all. However the consistent lack of improvement might suggest he's not actually good enough to solve certain issues, ie the defensive fragility.

Özim
30-07-2011, 07:18 PM
He's had 2 months to find defenders and has failed to, we should already have our players by now so we can bed them in a bit in pre-season.....but no as usual we're still "in the market".

Seaman's Ponytail
30-07-2011, 08:35 PM
He has tried to sort out the issues

I'd have to disagree with that sorry. I think he's told us he's tried. He's talked about sorting the issues but the reality is, thus far, he's done fuck all, nothing, nada. The fact he still selects Squid clearly shows me he has no fucking idea whatsoever about how to defend. There's still hope he'll back up some of his talk by signing someone but i ain't holding my breath.....

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 09:08 PM
In answer to the thread title, id say none.

As i have said previously, Wenger is the worst manager of a top 4 club atm in any country

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 09:09 PM
He's had 2 months to find defenders and has failed to, we should already have our players by now so we can bed them in a bit in pre-season.....but no as usual we're still "in the market".

Harsh tbh.

The waiting period doesnt end til August 1st. Not allowed to buy players before that

Kano
30-07-2011, 09:36 PM
arshavin says we've been working on defending set pieces so we'll see during the season

Niall_Quinn
30-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Harsh tbh.

The waiting period doesnt end til August 1st. Not allowed to buy players before that

That's a very simplistic view. Whilst it's true we are in the waiting period until August 1st, after that we will be in the "in between" market and Wenger has clearly stated nothing is happening in that particular market until some unnamed club kicks the proceedings off. So it's not that we're not allowed to buy players, in fact other teams have been buying during the waiting period because they aren't in the in-between market, most of them are in the 0-10mill market whereas the top clubs are in the 20-30mill market. But we're the only club in the in-between market which is a key reason we haven't bought yet. Plus Wenger and the board are tight-arse fuckers. Hopefully that's all clear to you now.

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 10:15 PM
most of them are in the 0-10mill market whereas the top clubs are in the 20-30mill market.

There is no 20-30 million market.

Only a 30-50 million one.

At least get your facts right ffs.

Niall_Quinn
30-07-2011, 11:00 PM
There is no 20-30 million market.

Only a 30-50 million one.

At least get your facts right ffs.

Sorry, I'm new to this in-between market. I'd never heard of it until Wenger made it up last week.

Letters
31-07-2011, 06:03 AM
As i have said previously, Wenger is the worst manager of a top 4 club atm in any country

Utter rubbish.

Letters
31-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Letters in "Agreeing With Zim" Shock Exclusive.

Didn't see any of the game yesterday but looked up the result this morning and when I saw "let a two goal lead slip" the alarm bells went off.

It's so clearly the biggest problem we have and although it's only a friendly it's a worrying sign that we've learnt nothing and the problem will still be there this year and it will, once again, scupper our chances for trophies.

dazthegooner
31-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Utter rubbish.

:gp:

Marc Overmars
31-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Ideally I'd like to see a defender come in before the Benfica game but I think our transfer window will frustratingly go to the wire. I don't really expect to see much more activity if I'm honest but maybe that's because where Arsenal transfer windows are concerned, expect to be disappointed. Hopefully there is a pleasant surprise on it's way though.

Toronto Gooner
31-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Ideally I'd like to see a defender come in before the Benfica game but I think our transfer window will frustratingly go to the wire. I don't really expect to see much more activity if I'm honest but maybe that's because where Arsenal transfer windows are concerned, expect to be disappointed. Hopefully there is a pleasant surprise on it's way though.
I fear that you are right, Marc. However, I believe that the next week will determine the season. IMO, Arsenal have to make a move this week in order give the current players and other targets confidence that the club intends to challenge this season.

friskyanders
31-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Stepanovs, Cygan, Senderos, Djorou and the biggest waste of space of them all Squillaci would make you wonder what Wenger knows about the art of defence - And Koscielny is not exactly Beckenbaur either.

I thought Pates, Linighan and Caesar were a bit one paced and had 'issues' with positional sense but Squillaci really takes the piss.

Awful footballer.

Power n Glory
31-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I liked Senderos. When given a run of back to back games, he'd be solid. But Wenger had a habit of dropping him as soon as he made a mistake or when Toure/Gallas were back fit and available for the first team.

Wenger doesn't know how to coach defence. He has doesn't have a strategy for good defending and stopping other teams from the looks of it. We've had a load of defenders over the past few years and they can't all be that bad. If they played for Everton, Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke....they wouldn't make anywhere near the same amount of the mistakes.

Take Samba as an example. If we'd have bought him before Blackburn, he'd look like a terrible defender because he wouldn't have been coached properly here. Wenger needs to bring in a defensive coach or but a defender that's commanding and has a say in the way we defend. It's the only way out of this mess. Whatever we're doing during pre season training sessions isn't working.