PDA

View Full Version : IE Users Stupid: Official

Letters
02-08-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

Internet Explorer users have a lower than average IQ, according to research by Consulting firm AptiQuant.
The study gave web surfers an IQ test, then plotted their scores against the browser they used.
IE surfers were found to have an average IQ lower than people using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Users of Camino and Opera rated highest.

GP
02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
No I'm... doesn't... :unsure:

Coney
02-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, I have mentioned going to opera a number of times. :geek:

fakeyank
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Well, I have mentioned going to opera a number of times. :geek:

I have a P4, 256mb ram monster from 2002. When my recent laptop went AWOL, I decided to dust that laptop and play with it. Pretty much all the updated browsers made it very slow. Only opera worked the best.. its very light on the memory. I'd use it on my new laptop but then this has 4gb of memory and I have been using Chrome for a while.. but yea, Opera gets my vote for awesomeness!

Coney
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Old PC - load up Ubuntu. Needs less memory and cpu and still beats the shit out of Windows. :good:

Letters
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
The developer tools in Chrome are fantastic, make our jobs loads easier at work.
The system I'm working on takes FOREVER to load in IE, pretty fast in Chrome and not to shabby in Firefox either.

GP
02-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Google are taking over the world.

It scares me a bit, tbh.

Letters
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Google are taking over the world.

It scares me a bit, tbh.

They are, but all their stuff is brilliant. They seem to know what they're doing so I reckon we should just let them.

Google+ vs Facebook is going to be interesting.

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm rooting for Yahoo.

GP
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Ask Jeeves ftw!

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Fuck you, bitch.

Myspace and Lycos to pwn imo.

Xhaka Can’t
02-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Netscape rocks!

fakeyank
03-08-2011, 12:45 AM
They are, but all their stuff is brilliant. They seem to know what they're doing so I reckon we should just let them.

Google+ vs Facebook is going to be interesting.

I just dont see G+ making it as big as FB. I personally liked the format of G+ but I have way too much stuff on FB to think about moving over. I think G+ will be a hit with the techies but FB is still going to be the leader. Thing with FB is that so many people have invested so much time in it that moving to 'just another' social networking doesnt make sense. I have close to 25 albums n 800 pics on fb, am I going to move over or take the time to put them back on G+.. dont think so!

Coney
03-08-2011, 01:36 AM
LinkedIn ftw.

Young Guns 11
03-08-2011, 01:47 AM
I just dont see G+ making it as big as FB. I personally liked the format of G+ but I have way too much stuff on FB to think about moving over. I think G+ will be a hit with the techies but FB is still going to be the leader. Thing with FB is that so many people have invested so much time in it that moving to 'just another' social networking doesnt make sense. I have close to 25 albums n 800 pics on fb, am I going to move over or take the time to put them back on G+.. dont think so!

I think they know they're not going to make the people already on fb leave, I guess it's about the new generation and whether, when they're old enough to use a social networking site, they can make them choose g+ over fb. I can't see it happening but my flatmate who's a bit "nerdy" thinks g+ will catch on fast

Xhaka Can’t
03-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Just show me where to sign man!

Letters
03-08-2011, 08:16 AM

Google+ allows you to move stuff over automatically I think (although apparently FB are trying to block that, or maybe they have already, but I guess there are ways around that). I personally can't see the point in joining both but Google+ got something like 20 million users already which isn't too shabby for a startup. We'll see but trends come and go on the interweb alarmingly quickly.

GP
03-08-2011, 08:23 AM
MySpace ftw!

LDG
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Old GW!!

Letters
03-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Roffle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14389430

McNamara That Ghost...
03-08-2011, 01:05 PM
IE users. :bow:

fakeyank
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Google+ allows you to move stuff over automatically I think (although apparently FB are trying to block that, or maybe they have already, but I guess there are ways around that). I personally can't see the point in joining both but Google+ got something like 20 million users already which isn't too shabby for a startup. We'll see but trends come and go on the interweb alarmingly quickly.

I am sure there will be ways to move over the stuff but that'll be a fun stuff for techies like you or me to do but is it going to be fun for the avg person? I personally dont think so. As for the 20+ million users, anything google puts out is going to have an initial curiosity by people. Plus it was invite only so people felt priviliged on having a G+ account.. in the long run, I can see them probably growing up to 50 million but not more. FB is a huge giant to take down. FB would have to F up really bad for some other Social networking site to take its place and fortunately for FB, the advent of G+ and other such sites (in future) will keep them in check.