PDA

View Full Version : london riots

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2011, 08:26 PM
nothing more then scum doing this, wathcing hte news is horrific esp the fires in croydon. send the army in and shoot the fuckers

Letters
08-08-2011, 08:28 PM
My local Tesco is closed and barricaded :doh:

Bit of an over-reaction if you ask me, I'm a couple of miles from Enfield Town where there has been problems but we're all nice and polite and middle-class around here, don't you know.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
The BBC is rocking and rolling now, two requests in 2 minutes, "Should we use the army? Should we use the army?"

Coney
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
The BBC is rocking and rolling now, two requests in 2 minutes, "Should we use the army? Should we use the army?"

If it was the North of Ireland they would have shot 3 of them by now.

Fats
08-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Always happens when the Tories are in charge

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:03 PM
If it was the North of Ireland they would have shot 3 of them by now.

That's what the cunt on the BBC suggested, getting the troops in from NI.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Also the Independent is reporting the coppers might well have shot each other during the incident that supposedly sparked this off.

GP
08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Absolute scumbags. Hope the police crack some skulls.

Police :bow:

Özim
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
It's spread to Clapham/Croydon, thank f*ck I live outside London.

WengerISaLizard
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Fernando Torres has joined in with the london riots, he reportedly threw 12 petrol bombs, police confirmed they all missed the target

Young Guns 11
08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Mile end looks relatively safe, for once!

Power n Glory
08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I can see the smoke from my window. I'm 5 minutes away from Croydon. Shocking stuff.

Syn
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I might get involved tbh. Just go ape and start fucking shit up.

This country's fucked. Can't wait to get outta this shit hole.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Police :bow:

The police are standing back and doing nothing while the looting and fire-bombing continues. Pretty soon a majority will demand the police crack down hard and maybe even the army be brought onto the streets. The least intelligent are already demanding this. There will still be a few people alive who have seen this all before and know too well what's happening.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:38 PM

And go where? Everywhere is being systematically fucked up. Globalisation, diversity, harmonisation and all that other fascist shit.

Power n Glory
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM

I heard Syria and Libya are nice. Try there. lol

Syn
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
And go where? Everywhere is being systematically fucked up. Globalisation, diversity, harmonisation and all that other fascist shit.

Dunno. Tokyo or summin.

Letters
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Tottenham was on fire at the weekend.

Police suspect it was Arsene

:rimshot:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
It has been happening in Birmingham too.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Bye.

Syn
Tottenham was on fire at the weekend.

Police suspect it was Arsene

:rimshot:

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
Dunno. Tokyo or summin.

China is where it's at really, all the banker shit have hauled the cash they stole over there. China's on the way up, the west is going down faster than Cameron's rent boy's underpants. Plus the food is good over there, damn good. And Hong Kong has got better shops plus the football coverage is probably cheaper.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2011, 09:45 PM
seen a picture of what looks like a tiger wandering round london yfrog.com/h0vy4gsdj

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:46 PM
seen a picture of what looks like a tiger wandering round london yfrog.com/h0vy4gsdj

It's Eboue, nothing to worry about.

Letters
08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
It has been happening in Birmingham too.

Birmingham's always like that, tbh

Letters
08-08-2011, 09:49 PM
It's Eboue, nothing to worry about.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I doubt the season will be kicking off this weekend. There's no way the coppers will want large groups of fans congregating in every city centre. It's starting to look more and more like Wenger is responsible for all of this.

Gubby Allen
08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I doubt the season will be kicking off this weekend. There's no way the coppers will want large groups of fans congregating in every city centre. It's starting to look more and more like Wenger is responsible for all of this.

West Ham & Charlton games tomorrow already called off.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
West Ham & Charlton games tomorrow already called off.

And talk of England vs Holland called off, unless that's just the BBC letting it's current hysteria go into overdrive.

Gubby Allen
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
These 13 & 14 year old little fckuers just ransaccking Ladbrokes & a Wimpy in Clapham, ripping the screens down, walking away with trolleys of stuff, storing it at home, then coming back for more.

Why don't people go and loot the looters. Instead of poncing about on the streets waiting to be on Sky News, Follow them to their house, wait for them to leave again, then nick all the stuff.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
These 13 & 14 year old little fckuers just ransaccking Ladbrokes & a Wimpy in Clapham, ripping the screens down, walking away with trolleys of stuff, storing it at home, then coming back for more.

Why don't people go and loot the looters. Instead of poncing about on the streets waiting to be on Sky News, Follow them to their house, wait for them to leave again, then nick all the stuff.

Would be interesting to see the police response if Kensington or The Boltons came under threat.

Coney
08-08-2011, 10:37 PM

No - don't wait for them to leave. Just chuck concrete through their windows, smack them around a bit, nick their stuff and set fire to their houses.

Gubby Allen
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Who's criticising Syria for being over the top now.

We should ship their police in.

Gubby Allen
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Police so desperate & struggling now, that they are praying for rain tomorrow as people don't rampage as much in torrential rain.

Comes to something when we're reliant on the weather to stop riots.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I can see the smoke from my window. I'm 5 minutes away from Croydon. Shocking stuff.

Its terrible, im from mitcham and its bad to see reeves corner die like that.

colliers wood get it mashed up too

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 10:59 PM
The police just need to do their jobs, but they aren't. They follow orders, so work it out. Begging for the opposite, unrestrained police violence towards the citizenry (even looting scumbags) is not the way to go. Panic and begging government to be even more authoritarian than it already is is just asking to be fucked in the long run. Yes, if my house or business was being burned down then I'd be fucking furious and maybe irrationally raging. That's justified. But what's not justified is people who are not under direct threat giving carte-blanch to a fundamentally corrupt state and police force just because they are afraid. Believe me, if you hand this cocksucking government any more power they'll take it and twice as much more.

Young Guns 11
09-08-2011, 12:59 AM
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f 7&msa=0&ll=51.558503%2C-0.055275&spn=0.114195%2C0.298691

Link showing verified locations of rioting/looting in london. Closest one to me is a 10min walk away :upset:

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 01:54 AM
I blame muslims tbh.We get blamed for everything else so why not this?

fakeyank
09-08-2011, 04:07 AM
All this coz one supposedly innocent gangster was killed? Am I missing the point of you Brits worse than Pakis and Indians?

dazthegooner
09-08-2011, 06:30 AM
They were hovering around Eltham last night driving round giving it large but the left all the shops/pubs were closed.

Syn
09-08-2011, 06:35 AM
I blame muslims tbh.We get blamed for everything else so why not this?

Think people are just tired of listing them - just take them as given as an underlying reason of why multiculturalism is struggling to work.

Özim
09-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Unbelievable, these people are like f*cking cavemen.

How this can happen in modern day society I'll never know, this seems to be spreading all over London!

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Disturbances in other cities as well.

Really does show the type of scum that this country has.

Chrissie
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
It was all happening at the end of my road in Enfield on Sunday. Just walked to the end of the road to see where it was happening and ran back indoors. Scary stuff!! The town is open again this morning.

Letters
09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
The police just need to do their jobs, but they aren't. They follow orders, so work it out. Begging for the opposite, unrestrained police violence towards the citizenry (even looting scumbags) is not the way to go. Panic and begging government to be even more authoritarian than it already is is just asking to be fucked in the long run. Yes, if my house or business was being burned down then I'd be fucking furious and maybe irrationally raging. That's justified. But what's not justified is people who are not under direct threat giving carte-blanch to a fundamentally corrupt state and police force just because they are afraid. Believe me, if you hand this cocksucking government any more power they'll take it and twice as much more.

That. I've seen so much nonsense on FB from people who want the police/army to wade in shooting. Yeah, good plan. No chance of that harming anyone innocent or causing more unrest :doh:

Letters
09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Unbelievable, these people are like f*cking cavemen.

Cavemen with 42" Plasma TV's now...

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Can't see the harm in the army shooting some of these little cunts tbh...

Fats
09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
but your profile says your location is Oxford, you must be a quick walker

Özim
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
That. I've seen so much nonsense on FB from people who want the police/army to wade in shooting. Yeah, good plan. No chance of that harming anyone innocent or causing more unrest :doh:
To be honest though, it doesn't look like the police can deal with this, seems to be too widespread and too many people involved.

Maybe the additional army presence my help (obviously without the shooting).

Özim
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Cavemen with 42" Plasma TV's now...
Yeah but they are so thick, it'll be so easy to identify them.

One guy posted a pic of him and all his loot, what a bellend.

Özim
09-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Disturbances in other cities as well.

Really does show the type of scum that this country has.
Yeah I agree, there's a lot of these pr*cks around.

It's a shame really.

Letters
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
To be honest though, it doesn't look like the police can deal with this, seems to be too widespread and too many people involved.

Maybe the additional army presence my help (obviously without the shooting).

if it doesn't calm down they'll have to escalate it somehow. Not sure I'd feel too comfortable with the army everywhere, I don't think it would make me feel safer but they might have to consider that.

You know who I blame? Athiests.

:whistle:

Chrissie
09-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Looting Curry's with your Curry's uniform on......

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/08/article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Not only does this government not give a shit about its citizens, they couldn't give a fuck about their employees either. What's the point in sending 12 coppers to deal with a mob 300 strong? That's a potential suicide mission. The people calling the shots here are dangerously incompetent. Well we've already seen the way they handle the economy so that's no great surprise.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
reports this morning of riots in bristol, birmingham, reading and liverpool.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Watching BBC news channel. Don't usually watch the news cos its full of political shite and boring as fuck but the reporters are talking to community members and there is so much anger there. Wouldn't be surprised if a few took the law in to their own hands and hurt some of these cunts looting.

Young Guns 11
09-08-2011, 11:21 AM
but your profile says your location is Oxford, you must be a quick walker

I assume you mean me. Yeah I'm from Oxford but go to London uni, living in Mile end :good:

Hoping the added police numbers should stop anything from happening tonight

Olivier's xmas twist
09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Looting Curry's with your Curry's uniform on......

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/08/article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

Silly Bint, Looks like She'll be on the doe today

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Watching BBC news channel. Don't usually watch the news cos its full of political shite and boring as fuck but the reporters are talking to community members and there is so much anger there. Wouldn't be surprised if a few took the law in to their own hands and hurt some of these cunts looting.

that has already happened in one sense, i think it was dalston amoung other places wehre the the turks came out of their shops and got rid of the rioters and sent police away to other areas. dont think anyone was hurt as such but that wont be far away as more people defend their property

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM

The BBC is worse than Fox. At least with Fox they say things like, "Welcome back to the show...", the BBC actually take itself seriously. It's very sad.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
when will these riots stop? was last night the final one and will now be just pockets of looters or will it get worse until the police show force? its hard to see when these will stop

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 11:35 AM
when will these riots stop? was last night the final one and will now be just pockets of looters or will it get worse until the police show force? its hard to see when these will stop

They'll stop when a place like Kensington or the Boltons, the BBC offices, Downing Street or somewhere else of importance to the vampire classes comes under attack. Right now none of their areas are under threat so they don't give a fuck. You can see that from the non-response and the pathetic level of police on the streets. I know there's a real human story here and many people have been terrified or lost their homes and property, but there's also a political story and a political agenda and the cunts in office will milk this for all it's worth. And then some. For government this is one of the most useful things that could have happened. Not just because they can now build on their typical divide and rule policies of fear, but also because their latest economic fuck-ups are being all but ignored. What I can't understand is why the thickos on the street can't figure out it's not the fucking chip shop owner who is the enemy, don't these fuckers have a map? They can use Twitter, mobile phones, all the gadgets, but they can't find their way to Downing St?

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065 thats disgusting

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065 thats disgusting

Yeah I saw that. Real London blitz spirit going on there. The trouble is, if we let the government reduce this to a simple case of criminality (which they are desperately trying to do), 99% of the real issues will be lost. Scumbags like those muggers don't just spring out of nowhere. They are created over time, by government and unimaginably greedy individuals who don't mind seeing society going to hell provided they are safe behind walls sipping their fucking rent boy juice.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 11:41 AM
It'll stop soon. David Cameron is back from holiday and he's recalled parliament. Thatll show the looters. The fact the majority of these young cunts don't know who Cameron is and how to spell parliament doesn't come in to it.Also on the fighting back stuff, just got word from a friend who owns Boleyn cinema and a couple of other shops down Green Street that Green Street was full of young cunts but the asians in the area fought backAsians :bow:White people hiding cos they are too scared :pal:

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 11:46 AM
The fact the majority of these young cunts don't know who Cameron is and how to spell parliament doesn't come in to it.

Not true, education standard are at an all time high in this country. True.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
I think it's our rival supporters. It won't stop until we bring Denilson back.

bignev
09-08-2011, 01:04 PM
http://catchalooter.tumblr.com/page/4

B (http://catchalooter.tumblr.com/page/4)ottom pic. WTF?

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 01:07 PM
http://catchalooter.tumblr.com/page/4

B (http://catchalooter.tumblr.com/page/4)ottom pic. WTF?

It seems a bit fucked up but the guy whos hurt is probably one of the cunts who broke in to a shop and looted all that stuff anyway

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
sounds like police will be able to use rubber bullets if it gets bad tonight

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
sounds like police will be able to use rubber bullets if it gets bad tonight

Fair enough if there are strict laws limiting their use to extreme cases. The priority should be to defend people in their homes, considering it is effectively illegal for people to defend themselves. There's a very careful balancing act here, if this is used an excuse to give police more powers generally then we all lose in the long run. There have already been cases in the States of baton rounds being used against legitimate protesters.

Grebbo
09-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Police should put down the batons and pick up the machine guns.

Problem solved.

dazthegooner
09-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Bring home the boys at war and get them on the streets.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow, didn't see these riots going on for so long, maybe that preacher fella was right after all?

Also, they should give police miniguns, maybe even a few flamethrowers, that'd disperse 'em.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Highstreets closed down already.

Xhaka Can’t
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Spare a thought for the Managers at Tkmaxx who have to figure out whether or not their stores have been looted.

LDG
09-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Spare a thought for the Managers at Tkmaxx who have to figure out whether or not their stores have been looted.

LDG
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Have they sent in vpig yet?

vpig :bow:

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Apparently police are on alert in Salford for any disturbance tonight.

People on Twitter are spreading all sorts of shite to cause panic. Apparently lions and tigers were set free from a zoo. :doh:

Letters
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
And bears? Oh my!

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 03:52 PM
BBC

Breaking News In the last hour several shop windows have been smashed in West Bromwich. Up to 200 youths in hoodies have been seen on the streets and police have now pushed the crowd to one side.

:doh:

Joker
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Hardly one year into a Conservative government and the riots and public disorder have reappeared.

Young Guns 11
09-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Apparently police are on alert in Salford for any disturbance tonight.

People on Twitter are spreading all sorts of shite to cause panic. Apparently lions and tigers were set free from a zoo. :doh:

:lol: I read about that last night. Pictures were used from a few years ago where a siberian tiger got loose - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084749/Pictured-Escaped-Siberian-tiger-enjoys-night-time-stroll-southern-Italian-town.html

LDG
09-08-2011, 04:21 PM
@joey7barton

"This is what happens when uneducated people get bored, lack of education leads to violence....protesting about nothing"

Joker
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
@joey7barton

"This is what happens when uneducated people get bored, lack of education leads to violence....protesting about nothing"

He likes to think of himself as a bit of an intellectual on twitter, quoting philosophers, making the point that he received 10 GCSEs, claiming he runs a couple of successful businesses etc.

dazthegooner
09-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Millwall,Charlton fans are taking to the street of Eltham along with the EDF so I've heard protecting the streets!

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Its started again today then

Time summer holidays were cancelled and school was all year round

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM

:gp:

Once these vile thugs are caught, it would be wonderful if their punishment was an organised battering by the people who's lives they've ruined.

Twice a week for the rest of their prison lives.

dazthegooner
09-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Thing is they've closed prisons bring back national service..

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Call the army in ffs and put an end to this before anyone else is killed

dazthegooner
09-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Call the army in ffs and put an end to this before anyone else is killed

milla
09-08-2011, 05:03 PM
And bears? Oh my!

hmm.. nomnomnom..

Ernesto
09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
This 11 year old brat who has been arrested- isn't it about time we started to name them and shame them?

If he/she thinks they're old enough to commit such a crime, it's about time we named them. Punishment to fit the crime- Cameron's own words.

Joker
09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Bringing the army in could make things worse.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Bringing the army in could make things worse.

Dont see how. What are they going to do? Take on the army? I know who my moneys on

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:07 PM
This 11 year old brat who has been arrested- isn't it about time we started to name them and shame them?

If he/she thinks they're old enough to commit such a crime, it's about time we named them. Punishment to fit the crime- Cameron's own words.

Yup. Name and shame the 11 year old.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
What are the army going to do?? Shoot at people? Ridiculous. A government that has to resort to its army to govern its citizenry does not deserve to govern.

Ernesto
09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Worst possible time for the IPCC to release their statement on Mark Duggan's shooting (or non-shooting)

It's like a red rag to a bull. The cuh'hunts will be out in force again tonight.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
What are the army going to do?? Shoot at people? Ridiculous. A government that has to resort to its army to govern its citizenry does not deserve to govern.

Hopefully

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Worst possible time for the IPCC to release their statement on Mark Duggan's shooting (or non-shooting)

It's like a red rag to a bull. The cuh'hunts will be out in force again tonight.

Oh come on. Does anyone seriously think the riots are cos of some nobody being killed?

Maybe at first but now, guarantee you none of the young cunts even know who he is

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Agree with bringing in the army. Give these scumbags something real to moan about. :good:

Ernesto
09-08-2011, 05:13 PM

This is a 10 page thread, so I'm sure it's been mentioned before but what about spraying these idiots, as they do with football hooligans on the continent?

Our authorities are showing some thrift. They probably fear a drought!

Ernesto
09-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh come on. Does anyone seriously think the riots are cos of some nobody being killed?

Maybe at first but now, guarantee you none of the young cunts even know who he is

Ach, I know that and you know that.

However, these young punks are looking for an excuse, any excuse.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
There is a special edition of Question Time on Thursday now. Makes sense given parliament has been recalled for the day.

And I agree with Cripps, even if it was the catalyst in the beginning (and I doubt it was), it certainly isn't now elsewhere.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Was only a matter of time til this country went downhill.

A country which lauds drunkness, underage sex, using the word rape as a cool thing and countless other things, not legally obviously but in public, it was always going to happen. It just needed something to kick it all off and we got that.

Apparently this Mark Duggan was a dealer. Why then is his death so critisised?

And the worst part is, the offenders if caught will just get a slap on the wrist.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:20 PM
This is a 10 page thread, so I'm sure it's been mentioned before but what about spraying these idiots, as they do with football hooligans on the continent?

Our authorities are showing some thrift. They probably fear a drought!

BBC news on BBC one atm are talking to some minister and that question was put and he said that they are totally against rubber bullets, water canons and the army coming in.

How else is this going to stop?

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 05:22 PM
It's a product of the ill-disciplined and brain dead chav generation that seem to make up the majority of the youth today.

These little cunts need to be educated better.

Ernesto
09-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Was only a matter of time til this country went downhill.

A country which lauds drunkness, underage sex, using the word rape as a cool thing and countless other things, not legally obviously but in public, it was always going to happen. It just needed something to kick it all off and we got that.

Apparently this Mark Duggan was a dealer. Why then is his death so critisised?

And the worst part is, the offenders if caught will just get a slap on the wrist.

Agree with everything you've said apart from the bit in bold. As you've said, "apparently", Mark Duggan was a drug dealer. This is the same way that "apparently" Jean Charles de Menezes was, for a split second, an Islamic terrorist and not an electrician from Brazil.

If the police are going to make such grave errors just based on someone's complexion, then I probably fear them more so than these mindless vandals.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Waterstone's employee on the news: "We'll stay open, if they steal some books they might learn something." lol

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Unrest at Manchester City Centre now

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
1752:
BBC reporters in Salford say looters are breaking into Bargain Booze and the Money Sho on Hankinson Way. A BBC cameraman has been assaulted.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Agree with everything you've said apart from the bit in bold. As you've said, "apparently", Mark Duggan was a drug dealer. This is the same way that "apparently" Jean Charles de Menezes was, for a split second, an Islamic terrorist and not an electrician from Brazil.

If the police are going to make such grave errors just based on someone's complexion, then I probably fear them more so than these mindless vandals.The apparently was there more for my benefit tbh. Im sure the cops knew who he was.

Dont forget, there was going to be a peaceful protest so how did we come to this from a peaceful protest? All ive read on Mark Duggan last couple of days would suggest he was a dealer. Certainly looks like a cunt tbh

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Is that from the BBC website? Whos doing the updates? Cheese or Stevo?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I am not a religious or spiritual person but I feel like part of my soul has been eroded by the savagery and carnage that's taken place, and for what......when the people rose up in Romania against the Ceausescu's in 1989 it was against a power structure of corruption and cruelty....not about looting footlocker for a pair of new trainers. People throughout history have risen up to fight oppressive regimes in Budapest in 1956, in Prague in 1968.......throughout Arabic North Africa and the Middle East in 2011......violent protest is the last resort of a tortured and mistreated people, not for the thrill of theft and destruction under the sickeningly deranged belief that you born with entitlements to be owed a living.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I am not a religious or spiritual person but I feel like part of my soul has been eroded by the savagery and carnage that's taken place, and for what......when the people rose up in Romania against the Ceausescu's in 1989 it was against a power structure of corruption and cruelty....not about looting footlocker for a pair of new trainers. People throughout history have risen up to fight oppressive regimes in Budapest in 1956, in Prague in 1968.......throughout Arabic North Africa and the Middle East in 2011......violent protest is the last resort of a tortured and mistreated people, not for the thrill of theft and destruction under the sickeningly deranged belief that you born with entitlements to be owed a living.

Welcome to England and our ways

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:52 PM
1847: Judy Skidmore, BBC News The Salford precinct has seen skirmishes over the last few hours. The first confrontation saw bricks being thrown at about 20 officers with riot shields, but that has dispersed. Now youths are trying to break into a money shop and a community building has been set on fire. At least a dozen tactical aid units are here while the fire brigade tries to put out the fire.

Has anyone on here seen any of the rioting/looting?

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
A hacking group going by the name of TeaMp0isoN_ broke onto the Blackberry blog and posted a message saying that if the company assists the UK police, the hackers will pass along company information to rioters.

“Do you really want a bunch of angry youths on your employees doorsteps?” the message reads. “Think about it…. and don’t think that the police will protect your employees, the police can’t protect themselves let alone protect others….. if you make the wrong choice your database will be made public, save yourself the embarrassment and make the right choice. don’t be a puppet.”

Wtf? :doh:

bignev
09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
It seems a bit fucked up but the guy whos hurt is probably one of the cunts who broke in to a shop and looted all that stuff anyway

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpnmybPA4T1r1pwklo1_400.jpg
I actually meant this!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I was born in 1983 in South-East England, I have no sense of entitlement......to some the fact that I think all these people are unspeakable vermin who should be dealt with in the harshest possible way makes me something of a reactionary daily mail reader. On the contrary I am a centre-left Labour supporter, I believe in a welfare state and a social contract.......however from first hand experience I've seen it abused by those who don't care about their own, let alone society at large. This is not about the haves and the have nots, this is not about racism, this is not about the government spending cuts......this is about the lowest common demoninator, a situation being manipulated in order to act like primates (the behaviour of these people is akin to the roaving gangs of monkeys on the streets of Mumbai, or the wild Baboons we laugh at on the television in South Africa.
I believe in this country and it's stoic nature, how we repaired a broken and exhausted people at the end of the second world war by creating a state to give a leg up to the less fortunate...how after the London Bombings we refused to give in to fear and we went about our daily lives, how people came into the streets today without being asked to repair the damage that had been done overnight.....it saddens me that these parasites shame us this way.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:58 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpnmybPA4T1r1pwklo1_400.jpg
I actually meant this!

Thats on Green street. The pictures been doing the rounds around here

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
he has to ask himself, does he really need all that rice

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 06:08 PM
It's in Wolverhampton now too.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and West Brom all kicking off. I just left the room at the time but if I heard BBC News right they said a building was torched in West Brom.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 06:16 PM
And a Miss Selfridge shop in Manchester City Centre has been set fire to.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
And a Miss Selfridge shop in Manchester City Centre has been set fire to.

Fuck me, where's Nasri going to shop now? Move could be off.

Letters
09-08-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0

Ironing
09-08-2011, 07:24 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpo5t3LG3e1r1qajlo1_500.png

GP
09-08-2011, 07:30 PM

That's friggin awesome! :D

Kaiser
09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Black GOB :bow:

Ironing
09-08-2011, 07:32 PM
not my work but from http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com

Letters
09-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Laziest. Rioter. Ever! :lol:

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 08:34 PM
50-70 people in Enfield going round and stopping any rioters. The community fights back.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 08:42 PM
some of the firms are out tonight. Apparently Millwall's element have come out to patrol Eltham singing 'no one loots us'.

Heard it was actually skinheads in the east end. Hope it doesn't take a sinister twist.

edit: looks like the EDL are marching in Enfield. Mongs.

Letters
09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
50-70 people in Enfield going round and stopping any rioters. The community fights back.

Luckily there aren't any rioters to stop. If there were then...I'm not sure it would have ended well.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
In Nottingham a police station has been firebombed apparently. I believe there is looting in Leicester now too. FFS.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2011, 09:53 PM
oh Good the far right have entered the powder keg mix, that's sure to end well

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Government decides to put large police presence on the streets in London. Result, no rioting. Who could have guessed?

Letters
10-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Government decides to put large police presence on the streets in London. Result, no rioting. Who could have guessed?

But lots of rioting in other cities which were left exposed by the police being in London.

It's nice having easy answers isn't it?

Marc Overmars
10-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Did anyone see that Manc twat on Sky News with a mask on bragging about not being a law abiding citizen?

Cunt.

Injury Time
10-08-2011, 08:28 AM
But lots of rioting in other cities which were left exposed by the police being in London.

Yeah but London is safe that's all that matters...right?

Marc Overmars
10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Decision on the weekends Prem games expected today. Although ours should be fine anyway with Newcastle unaffected.

Letters
10-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Apparently Tottenham have signed a new Italian striker: Grabatelli.

:rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Not true, according to the police themselves. They say they have "plenty of resources" and can backfill from other places should numbers need to be diverted elsewhere. So yes, easy answers sometimes work the best. Another interesting point, apparently the reason the police are standing back and letting looters walk away is because by arresting them they have to leave the streets to deal with the processing and paperwork. Government at its finest, all politicians should be killed - another easy answer which would actually work.

Chrissie
10-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Luckily there aren't any rioters to stop. If there were then...I'm not sure it would have ended well.

There were but it was down Enfield Highway/Ponders End, not the posh bit where I am lol

Letters
10-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Not true, according to the police themselves. They say they have "plenty of resources"

I've not seen a single police source say that, where did you get that from?

LDG
10-08-2011, 10:40 AM
See. We ain't go no swing. Except for the ring of that truncheon thing.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I've not seen a single police source say that, where did you get that from?

BBC news this morning. Should be part of the daily loop.

Letters
10-08-2011, 10:59 AM
BBC news this morning. Should be part of the daily loop.

Article in the Metro saying the exact opposite that they're stretched to breaking point. They had to draft in 10,000 extra police from other areas into London and great, there was little or no trouble in London last night but there was trouble elsewhere. I just don't believe there are enough police out there to have the sort of presence on the streets I saw in London last night in every major city.

LDG
10-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Article in the Metro saying the exact opposite that they're stretched to breaking point. They had to draft in 10,000 extra police from other areas into London and great, there was little or no trouble in London last night but there was trouble elsewhere. I just don't believe there are enough police out there to have the sort of presence on the streets I saw in London last night in every major city.

When was the last time that this kind of police presence was needed. And exactly how long until it will be needed again.

For the sake of a few days.

If it was a common occurance, I'd understand, and be quite happy to fund it through my taxes. But given that it doesn't happen that often, and that our officers deal "fairly" well with difficult situations, then I fail to see why a dramatic increase in police numbers are needed.

Letters
10-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Well I agree, I'm not saying we do need loads more police. What I'm saying is the stuff that's being going on has stretched police resources in the same way any major incident stretches emergency services because you can't have twice as many staff as you need 'normally' just sitting there for when major stuff happens.

Chrissie
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Around 8 riot vans just gone down the Holloway Road towards Highbury

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Obviously there aren't enough police to put 16,000 of them in every major city, that's a totally different issue to what we were discussing. You were suggesting Manchester and other areas went up because the police had all been pulled to London. I'm just telling you what the senior copper on the BBC said, he claims their system (can't remember what he called it but it has a specific name) allows for rapid transfers as and when required and he stated clearly there were enough resources in total to handle the current situation. Now that's him saying it, not me. Personally I believe we're desperately short of police men and women whilst we are completely overburdened with police officers. Police men work for us, the people (we need as many of them as we can get), police officers work for the state (cunts) and we could do with having none of them at all.

Letters
10-08-2011, 12:55 PM
He's not exactly going to go on telly and say "can you please stop rioting 'cos we really don't have enough policemen to stop you properly so if you could just stop it now that would be awfully nice if you."
Clearly this sort of widespread trouble is going to stretch resources.
The heavy police presence last night in London prevented any trouble here but there's no way they can put that level of policing on the streets in every major city. You seemed to be saying the answer to the problem was obvious - more police on the streets. Well fine, and it was the answer in London last night but the police clearly can't be everywhere in that numbers so that doesn't solve the problem, it just goes elsewhere.

Flavs
10-08-2011, 01:18 PM
He's not exactly going to go on telly and say "can you please stop rioting 'cos we really don't have enough policemen to stop you properly so if you could just stop it now that would be awfully nice if you."
The heavy police presence last night in London prevented any trouble here but there's no way they can put that level of policing on the streets in every major city. You seemed to be saying the answer to the problem was obvious - more police on the streets. Well fine, and it was the answer in London last night but the police clearly can't be everywhere in that numbers so that doesn't solve the problem, it just goes elsewhere.

Police say that the biggest issue they haveisnt dealing with the rioters but dealing with the thousands of morons that are turning up to watch

Letters
10-08-2011, 01:31 PM
A load of 'brave men' (read 'thugs') gathered in my local town centre (Enfield, which took a kicking on Sunday) last night to 'protect' the town centre.
Happily there was no-one to protect it from but had anyone been out causing trouble it would have inevitably ended in tears.

LDG
10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/

:lol:

Letters
10-08-2011, 01:34 PM
http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/

Oh you sod! I was just going to post that :lol:

LDG
10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
:dance:

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Letters, what are you on about? You're the one speculating and suggesting, all I did was tell you what the copper said. If you want to speculate that of course he was going to say what he said then fine. I said that more police on the streets last night was the obvious answer to stopping the looting, and of course that's how it turned out because it's obvious. That doesn't mean I'm saying 16K coppers need to be hanging about for the next year. You suggested putting 16K cops into London jeopardised Manchester and other places. I'm telling you a copper was on this morning saying the opposite. That's all. If you're saying there are much bigger issues behind the recent problems we've seen, issues that can't be addressed by chucking a load of police on the streets then of course I agree. The trouble is, will we be allowed to have a truthful and open debate about this as a society? I doubt it very much. Already the consensus being formed is that bad parents and government cuts are the main drivers. What a crock of shit, those might be further symptoms but certainly not the main reason why our society is fucked. The scum controlling the debate when it occurs (and their whores in the media) will never discuss the real reasons why this country has been dumped in a drain. And neither will I, not worth it.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh you sod! I was just going to post that :lol:

You're the admin - change the time on his post and then laugh at him for copying.

Flavs
10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
A load of 'brave men' (read 'thugs') gathered in my local town centre (Enfield, which took a kicking on Sunday) last night to 'protect' the town centre.
Happily there was no-one to protect it from but had anyone been out causing trouble it would have inevitably ended in tears.

There have been peace rallies all over Leeds in an atempt to stop any trouble. They have happened mainly where the trouble would have been as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Around 8 riot vans just gone down the Holloway Road towards Highbury

thats what Happens when Arsenal don't spend big, Zim leading the charge is he

Letters
10-08-2011, 01:57 PM
I said that more police on the streets last night was the obvious answer to stopping the looting, and of course that's how it turned out because it's obvious.

Yes, it stopped the looting in London.
But there was looting elsewhere because they can't put that level of policing on the streets in every major city - you've agreed that.
It solved the local problem, not the national one. That's all I'm saying. And whatever the policeman said, if police had to be moved in from other areas to put more people on the street last night then that clearly left those other areas exposed. That's obvious, isn't it?

And yes, of course the reasons behind it all are a whole different debate. I'd be interested to hear your theories but if you don't want to get into that then fair enough.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Yes, it stopped the looting in London.
But there was looting elsewhere because they can't put that level of policing on the streets in every major city - you've agreed that.
It solved the local problem, not the national one. That's all I'm saying. And whatever the policeman said, if police had to be moved in from other areas to put more people on the street last night then that clearly left those other areas exposed. That's obvious, isn't it?

And yes, of course the reasons behind it all are a whole different debate. I'd be interested to hear your theories but if you don't want to get into that then fair enough.

That's what plod was saying this morning, the police drafted in from Manchester could go back at any time because there are more resources elsewhere that could be drafted. But let's see how they do in identifying some of these animals. They've been talking the big talk and we've paid an unbelievable fortune for the surveillance state so let's see how it performs in terms of protecting the public, which is what they claim it's supposed to do. Getting these scumbags off the street and into prison (long term) will solves 101 other problems in society. Time for the judges to let them off or the lawyers to scream about European legislation I suppose. That's why all politicians should be killed, it stops any of these problems happening in the first place.

Chrissie
10-08-2011, 02:04 PM
There have been peace rallies all over Leeds in an atempt to stop any trouble. They have happened mainly where the trouble would have been as well.

This is the Enfield protest. They are accompanied by the police. Good on them:

http://www.twitvid.com/DWZPW

Letters
10-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure a good answer to a bunch of thugs is another bunch of thugs :shrug:

Chrissie
10-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure a good answer to a bunch of thugs is another bunch of thugs :shrug:

But they weren't thugs, they just stopped the thugs reaching the town again. Not often I praise Spuds.

dazthegooner
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Well as you know I live in Eltham (wasn't there last night) but at least a 1000 people turned up to protect the area only one incident and that was delt with but there were no other problems whatsoever and actually the locals and police had a bit of banter and did actually prevent looting there as the potential looters see everyone and fooked off.

Joker
10-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Apparently there were a few racist vigilantes out in Enfield wanting to "get the p***s". Moreover, there were rumours of the EDL attempting to "protect" Eltham, athough these are unconfirmed.

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2011/08/racist-vigilantes-on-loose.html

Letters
10-08-2011, 02:33 PM
OK. Well on one of the videos I saw one bloke said:

"these bastards take the piss mate, and they are NOT English"

Seems quite a clear racist overtone, a lot of the people rioting were English.

Flavs
10-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Apparently there were a few racist vigilantes out in Enfield wanting to "get the p***s".

Yeah that captain jack eh, what a tosser

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Very true, which brings me back to politicians and what needs to urgently happen to them.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Mostly Welsh I heard.

Joker
10-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah that captain jack eh, what a tosser

He did come across as holding negative opinions of Asians (and Muslims in particular) which he tried to brush aside by claiming he was "joking".

I remember he once complained about Asian call centre workers "stealing our jobs" and failing to blame the companies themselves that choose to offshore for increased profits.

Flavs
10-08-2011, 02:47 PM
He did come across as holding negative opinions of Asians (and Muslims in particular) which he tried to brush aside by claiming he was "joking".

I remember he once complained about Asian call centre workers "stealing our jobs" and failing to blame the companies themselves that choose to offshore for increased profits.

being a brown skin himself he was probably taking the piss mate

Chrissie
10-08-2011, 02:53 PM

I would think it was isolated. Read this in the Guardian, 914pm:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/09/london-riots-day-four-live-blog#block-98

Cripps_orig
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
3 muslim men killed in Birmingham in a hit and run. One arrest made. Hope the cunt is killed

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 03:36 PM
3 muslim men killed in Birmingham in a hit and run. One arrest made. Hope the cunt is killed

There's enough Trouble up there as it is with out this haven to happen, lets hope it don't stur up the old rasicial Tension again.

dazthegooner
10-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Apparently there were a few racist vigilantes out in Enfield wanting to "get the p***s". Moreover, there were rumours of the EDL attempting to "protect" Eltham, athough these are unconfirmed.

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2011/08/racist-vigilantes-on-loose.html

They were supposed to have been there last night been told they denide it there was a massive presence though but it was all peacefull.

dazthegooner
10-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Yeah but the did take the piss by trying to protect there property how very much dare they what where they thinking of (though your right the cunt needs something nasty to happen to him)

Cripps_orig
10-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Also in Southall, Sikhs and Muslims join together to protect the community :bow:

Elreactor
10-08-2011, 04:06 PM
London is starting to look like Buenos Aires these days, wtf?

LDG
10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Also in Southall, Sikhs and Muslims join together to protect the community :bow:

There's only Sikhs and Muslims there!

dazthegooner
10-08-2011, 04:20 PM
There's only Sikhs and Muslims there!

milla
10-08-2011, 06:27 PM

First Malaysian victim, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024461/LONDON-RIOTS-2011-Ashraf-Haziq-jaw-smashed-robbed-thugs.html

Pictured in his hospital bed: The victim of sickening riot robbery had jaw smashed before thugs rifled through his rucksack

Student robbed while bleeding only arrived in England a month ago
Police identify one suspect who allegedly mugged injured Ashraf Haziq
Well-wishers organise online fund to fly student's parents to UK to visit son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo&feature=player_embedded

Cripps_orig
10-08-2011, 06:55 PM
It was in Barking as well. Round the corner from here. Its disgraceful. Hope the cunt goes down for a long time

Marc Overmars
10-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Sony (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/companies/sony/) has said that it will replace a PSP stolen from a mugging victim during the London riots.

Ashraf Haziq, a Malaysian student who had suffered a broken jaw and was bleeding on the side of the road, was helped to his feet before the contents of his backpack were stolen.

Footage of the incident was printed in newspapers and shown on national television, and prompted a website to be set up to help "do something nice" for Haziq.

Sony has since responded and said that it will replace his stolen PSP, according to VG247.

"If we can find out how to get it to him we'll replace the PSP," said a representative for the firm.

Sony itself was impacted by the riots earlier this week, when its warehouse in Enfield, North London burned down on Monday night (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a334089/sony-distribution-centre-burns-down-during-london-riots.html).

The nationwide riots have also halted the filming of Sherlock's second series (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a334260/sherlock-filming-halted-by-london-riots.html), while Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Birmingham was "smashed up" (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a334166/blackberry-owners-website-hacked-after-london-riots.html).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a334390/london-riots-victim-to-have-stolen-psp-replaced-by-sony.html

Kaiser
10-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Patrick Hayes, from spiked, where I recently interned, is on Newsnight tonight, defending the need for vigilante groups during these riots against someone from the Met Police.

GunnerFan4Life
10-08-2011, 09:37 PM
http://yfrog.com/h7rwjtumj

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 10:27 PM
http://yfrog.com/h7rwjtumj

Funny stuff. And true.

dazthegooner
10-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Well I was in Eltham high street tonight and the police nearly caused a riot (didnt help that a couple of cunts threw beer cans at them though)

Young Guns 11
10-08-2011, 11:26 PM
The riots hit Edinburgh :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0356brnrE&feature=player_embedded

GP
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWtMNBgf48&feature=topvideos_entertainment

Letters
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Six shots were fired in London last night. Thankfully all missed.

Police are questioning Nicklas Bendtner.

Fist of Lehmann
11-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Ask him why he hasn't moved yet.

LDG
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
The riots hit Edinburgh :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0356brnrE&feature=player_embedded

Master Splinter
11-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Six shots were fired in London last night. Thankfully all missed.

Police are questioning Nicklas Bendtner.

You should stick to riot-related jokes. You've found your niche.

Master Splinter
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Ask him why he hasn't moved yet.

Grebbo
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
There needs to be a large scale culling.

Lot's of these areas are absolute shitholes. Tottenham is a fucking toilet.

If after receiving free education, free healthcare, free everything you're still a fuck up then the best thing for society is that you are put down.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Have been saying to people everything is ok but not so sure after watching BBC
saw some gang looking like they are helping an injured guy bqck on his feet only to go through his backpack while unaware and walk off with the contents
fucking cunts. . .and people ask dont I miss home. . . .ummmm no

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Our game is on, only the Spuds vs Everton is off.

Ollie the Optimist
11-08-2011, 11:29 PM
anybody see that interview from the man who lost his son in birmingham hit and run? the man who suffered the greatest loss made the most sensible speech of anyone about the riots

Master Splinter
12-08-2011, 05:14 AM
There needs to be a large scale culling.

Lot's of these areas are absolute shitholes. Tottenham is a fucking toilet.

If after receiving free education, free healthcare, free everything you're still a fuck up then the best thing for society is that you are put down.

:haha: :gp:

Jacky_Wilshere19
12-08-2011, 08:02 PM
My area is ok, but surrounding towns have been hit, its stupid, what are they trying to prove by 'looting'? Business are destroyed which took years to build. Lives are ruined.

Ironing
12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
worth it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0bkOj1Dr0

dazthegooner
13-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Eltham still untouched even tough rumours people from Woowich and Lewisham want to invade but fucking cowards know they will get a fucking good kick in...

Grebbo
13-08-2011, 08:53 AM
worth it:

He's a good talker but his main argument is other people are rich and he is poor. What does he want? He's poor so everyone else should be?

Also angry at the bankers and how they were bailed out but then praises the labour government. Even though it was Labour who bailed out the banks.

GP
13-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Do you think he wants some salt and vinegar for those chips on his shoulder?

Boss
13-08-2011, 09:13 AM
worth it:

tl;dl

Ironing
13-08-2011, 12:41 PM
He's a good talker but his main argument is other people are rich and he is poor. What does he want? He's poor so everyone else should be?

Also angry at the bankers and how they were bailed out but then praises the labour government. Even though it was Labour who bailed out the banks.

Where exactly does he "praise the labour government"? Maybe he referred to something that was 'better' under the previous regime, but I don't recall him "praising the labour government"

As for the rich/poor thing, are you having a fucking laugh? He wants everyone to be poor? He wants NO-ONE TO BE POOR. 1 in 3 in this country are unemployed.

No, he doesn't want the MASSIVE divide between the rich and the poor that exists and is currently being DELIBERATELY pursued by those in power. It's pretty fucking fundamental stuff tbh

Ironing
13-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Do you think he wants some salt and vinegar for those chips on his shoulder?

Haha, yeah - anyone getting fucked over simply has a chip on their shoulder. Racism doesn't exist in todays society - any black person that thinks it does has a chip on their shoulder.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Haha, yeah - anyone getting fucked over simply has a chip on their shoulder. Racism doesn't exist in todays society - any black person that thinks it does has a chip on their shoulder.

It doesn't help though, highlighting the divisions. That's what the government wants, division. Easier to rule us that way. This guy is a good speaker, considering he's talking off the cuff and without a prepared speech and a little maggot whispering in his ear, but if he could give a positive message that draws people together to focus their energies on fighting the government that would be a lot more useful than essentially and unwittingly making himself a government tool.

Ironing
13-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I disagree. I think issues and problems NEED to be highlighted given the sheer number of people who believe they simply don't exist...

You could argue what the best thing for him to do to make the best difference is, but at the end of the day he's just one man speaking his mind - he's not fronting a charity or political party

He's also speaking out of passion - like you say it's not a scripted and calculated speech. He's exhausted the formal ways of trying to help his community, and had the door repeatedly slammed in his face - and he's not alone in this.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I disagree. I think issues and problems NEED to be highlighted given the sheer number of people who believe they simply don't exist...

You could argue what the best thing for him to do to make the best difference is, but at the end of the day he's just one man speaking his mind - he's not fronting a charity or political party

He's also speaking out of passion - like you say it's not a scripted and calculated speech. He's exhausted the formal ways of trying to help his community, and had the door repeatedly slammed in his face - and he's not alone in this.

I understand, but there are even bigger fish to fry. In a fundamentally unjust society it's better to tackle the root cause rather than play whackamole with the symptoms. If he really is a voice between society and the gangs of "kids" (don't believe for a second it was all kids, like the media are selling) running riot then people like him could be very useful in redirecting the anger to a worthy target. We've got a gang of supreme hypocrites setting societal rules, the sort that cheer when they Egyptians come together and kick the shit out of government but would call out the troops if a similar and just fate befell them. You can't tackle racism with these ghouls running the show, you need to remove them from the equation and then get to work.

Grebbo
13-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Where exactly does he "praise the labour government"? Maybe he referred to something that was 'better' under the previous regime, but I don't recall him "praising the labour government"

As for the rich/poor thing, are you having a fucking laugh? He wants everyone to be poor? He wants NO-ONE TO BE POOR. 1 in 3 in this country are unemployed.

No, he doesn't want the MASSIVE divide between the rich and the poor that exists and is currently being DELIBERATELY pursued by those in power. It's pretty fucking fundamental stuff tbh

I can't be arsed to watch it again but he makes reference to Labour being good because they gave hand outs.

So there's rich and poor - same the world over. There isn't another system that has been proved to work so deal with it.

How do you stop people from being poor? This country gives fantastic opportunities to people. If you're not very bright or can't conform to the system then you get left behind. That's harsh but there is no other way that is being implemented.

Ironing
13-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I can't be arsed to watch it again but he makes reference to Labour being good because they gave hand outs.

So there's rich and poor - same the world over. There isn't another system that has been proved to work so deal with it.

How do you stop people from being poor? This country gives fantastic opportunities to people. If you're not very bright or can't conform to the system then you get left behind. That's harsh but there is no other way that is being implemented.

He says hand outs were good in his opinion. He never says the labour government are great or anything like that. Your point was that he 'praised labour' but then criticized the bailout. He didn't 'praise labour' - he said something they did was good, and it's being taken away. The bailout is independent of that. Regardless, I believe we would have seen a bailout whichever party was in power at the time.

He/I have not said there is a modern existing example of a system without rich and poor, however it is possible to bridge the gap between classes rather than widen it, which is what we are going through at the moment, and has happened historically.

But if you want to find systems that REALLY don't involve rich and poor, simply do some research on the history of western civilization and how exactly we got to where we are today.

Here's a starting point for you:
Agricultural Revolution (which preceded 'government' as we know it): ~10,000 BC.
"Human" existence: since ~200,000 BC.

To give you a an idea, we (people from all continents) have managed to live sustainably, independent of a 'system', without widespread poverty, until the very last 20th of our existence as the human race. Make of that what you will.

And i'm sorry, but if you were born on a council estate in a rough neighbourhood you begin life in a much worse position than many in this country, for countless reasons, regardless of 'opportunities'. And when do you say that 'fantastic opportunities' are given to these people, I doubt you're actually speaking from experience as you would have said so. Do you know what it's like being one of these kids?

Like the guy said (and it's true) 1/3rd of the nation is out of work. That doesn't sound like great opportunity for a black kid growing on a council estate without a father to me.

It's no coincidence that these riots happened in tottenham, hackney, lewisham etc.

All I seem to be seeing at the moment is this "looters are scum" attitude, without any consideration as to HOW exactly we let it get to this point. And most people that want to bring up that discussion get accused of condoning the looters for some reason.. thankfully that hasn't happened to me here, yet...

Ironing
13-08-2011, 11:25 PM
I understand, but there are even bigger fish to fry. In a fundamentally unjust society it's better to tackle the root cause rather than play whackamole with the symptoms. If he really is a voice between society and the gangs of "kids" (don't believe for a second it was all kids, like the media are selling) running riot then people like him could be very useful in redirecting the anger to a worthy target. We've got a gang of supreme hypocrites setting societal rules, the sort that cheer when they Egyptians come together and kick the shit out of government but would call out the troops if a similar and just fate befell them. You can't tackle racism with these ghouls running the show, you need to remove them from the equation and then get to work.

I agree, but from his accounts of dealing with his council/local government, doesn't it sound like he has been trying to contribute to tackling that root cause himself already, but the system won't let him?

Joker
14-08-2011, 12:03 PM
The market system is nearing it's end in Western countries IMO. The UK was the first country to experience industrialisation and the first to adopt capitalism in all its "glory" and I think it'll be the first nation to move onto a more humane, rational system of organisation. It's clear people are not happy under the current system, and no matter what arguments people make about culture, morality etc, people are seeing for themselves the pathetic waste of people and resources that the free enterprise system requires to function. Without mass unemployment, how else will private business be able to cut wages and maintain the whip hand over labour, helping to maintain large profits and the status quo?

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 12:10 PM
http://amerinews.tv/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/08f8d__54579341_012647802-2.jpg

Jim Lahey is gonna clean up our streets!

Alan B'stard
17-08-2011, 08:20 PM
The market system is nearing it's end in Western countries IMO. The UK was the first country to experience industrialisation and the first to adopt capitalism in all its "glory" and I think it'll be the first nation to move onto a more humane, rational system of organisation. It's clear people are not happy under the current system, and no matter what arguments people make about culture, morality etc, people are seeing for themselves the pathetic waste of people and resources that the free enterprise system requires to function. Without mass unemployment, how else will private business be able to cut wages and maintain the whip hand over labour, helping to maintain large profits and the status quo?

you mean you advocate not spending silly amounts of money on conspicuous purchases no matter what everyone else is doing and instead adopting a more sustainable model?

Joker
17-08-2011, 08:35 PM
you mean you advocate not spending silly amounts of money on conspicuous purchases no matter what everyone else is doing and instead adopting a more sustainable model?

Yes, that's sound a good idea. However, I'm not going to turn my nose up at those engaging in "conspicuous consumption" because we live in the system that demands such behaviour. This is why sometimes I find the Green Party's moralising over consumption a bit snobbish and off putting, because rather than chastise individuals they should look at the system that compels us to act in such a manner.

The Wengerbabies
19-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I was out of the country when all this was kicking off but from what I can gather it seems to be a result of the previous governments policies.

For years the underclasses were given everything they want for free, they'd become accustom to not working or paying for things and now they're getting slightly less they decided to cut out the middle man and just take what they want off the shelf, completely despicable. The horrific pictures show everything that is wrong with socialism.

I am incredibly annoyed that the Army wasn't sent in to shoot these thieves, the world would be better off without such poor excuses for human beings.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I was out of the country when all this was kicking off but from what I can gather it seems to be a result of the previous governments policies.

For years the underclasses were given everything they want for free, they'd become accustom to not working or paying for things and now they're getting slightly less they decided to cut out the middle man and just take what they want off the shelf, completely despicable. The horrific pictures show everything that is wrong with socialism.

I am incredibly annoyed that the Army wasn't sent in to shoot these thieves, the world would be better off without such poor excuses for human beings.

By out of the country, do you mean you weren't allowed to stay up late to watch?

WMUG
20-08-2011, 07:32 AM

I am incredibly annoyed that the Army wasn't sent in to shoot these thieves, the world would be better off without such poor excuses for human beings.Congratulations, you're a moron.

Joker
20-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Do you really believe Labour are still a socialist party???! The only time they were socialist was when Michael Foot was in charge.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:50 PM
For years the underclasses were given everything they want for free, they'd become accustom to not working or paying for things and now they're getting slightly less they decided to cut out the middle man and just take what they want off the s`elf, completely despicable. The!horrific pictures show everything that is wrong with socialism.