PDA

View Full Version : Mindless Optimism

Pages : [1] 2

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 02:26 PM
New season, new forum, no Denilson.

We're winning everything next season tbh.

:scarf:

Also, I tried using that group thingy to make the Mindless Optimism Clique.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=1

We're number 1 (in terms of group id)!

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Do not celebrate until the transfer has been confirmed.

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I think you're forgetting the "Optimism" bit of the thread/group.

budesonide
23-05-2011, 02:35 PM
New season, new forum, no Denilson.

We're winning everything next season tbh.

Also, I tried using that group thingy to make the Mindless Optimism Clique.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=1

"judge me in May"

LDG
23-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Joined.

IT'S ON!!!

milla
23-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Not sure which one I hate more, this thread or the thread starter himself.. stupid pig :coffee:

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Not sure which one I hate more, this thread or the thread starter himself.. stupid pig :coffee:

Ouch. Who put sand in your vagina?

milla
23-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Ouch. Who put sand in your vagina?

6 years of mindless optimism, aint buying it anymore :coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
23-05-2011, 02:51 PM
we;re winning everything this year

Olivier's xmas twist
23-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Good news Jack Wilshere left out the u21 sqaud

Toronto Gooner
23-05-2011, 03:27 PM
we;re winning everything this year

I am buying a lottery ticket.:)

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Optimism :bow:

Arsenal :scarf:.

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Nobody died. Sorry, best I can come up with.

DJ Philosophe
23-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Sheeple I tell ya!

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 05:47 PM
A year older and more experienced. Its on!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2011, 07:29 PM
This season was just the pre-season to the glory that awaits.

gundamgunner
23-05-2011, 07:38 PM
i think with a little tuning, and a couple additions we won't be far off
call me deluded i dont care

heres to next season!

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 07:39 PM

heres to next season!

:bow:

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Only 5 members so far :(.

Or to put it correctly: 5 members already on our first day!!!! YES!!!! Imagine what it will be like by August! What a fecking clique :bow:.

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by gundamgunner

heres to next season!

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 09:14 PM
That's 5 more than any other group!

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 09:23 PM
That's 5 more than any other group!

Other groups :pal:.

Mindless Optimism Clique :bow:.

Boss
23-05-2011, 09:28 PM
The Asian Clique will be started up soon.

Other cliques, beware.

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 09:40 PM
The Asian Clique will be started up soon.

Other cliques, beware.

We're terrified.

Boss
23-05-2011, 09:55 PM
We're terrified.

Took us 5 minutes to get more members than you lot.

Suck on that tbh.

V-Pig
23-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Suck on that tbh.

Yeah, but I'm one of those members. Thus showing my tolerance. What've you got?

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 09:58 PM

Suck on that tbh.

Quality > Quantity.

False advertising also. Typical Asian tbf.

V-Pig
26-05-2011, 08:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6953264,00.html

"Cesc too expensive for Milan"

The move that all Gunners feared isn't on. Cesc won't be going to Italy after all! :bow:

Darth Vela
27-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Their chairman's too busy with legal bills.

Hail Berlusconi :bow:

Fist of Lehmann
27-05-2011, 04:49 PM

Confidently predict we'll be groupid=1 at the end of the season.

We're winning this.

GET IN.

Master Splinter
27-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Joker is back!

He is a Must Get for the Mindless Optimism Clique!

Master Splinter
27-05-2011, 05:58 PM

We're winning this.

GET IN.
:gp:

V-Pig
27-05-2011, 06:33 PM

We're winning this.

GET IN.

:bow :gp:

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I remember when i used to be the most optimistic poster around

Good times...

V-Pig
27-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I remember when i used to be the most optimistic poster around

Good times...

All the cool kids are optimistic. Remember:

The future is bright. The future is Letter's allegedly fake shirt orange.

Xhaka Can’t
27-05-2011, 06:57 PM
There is nothing allegedly about it. The shirt is as orange as Robbie Keane's missus.

All the cool kids are optimistic. Remember:

The future is bright. The future is Letter's allegedly fake shirt orange.

AKBapologist
27-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Where already top of the league... :bow:

Mr.Singh
27-05-2011, 07:26 PM
The memebers of MOC are bagheads

Boss
28-05-2011, 03:31 AM

Best post in this thread.

cricketsi
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
We're now needing to gain 5% rather than 2% to be totally dominant, which is a bigger number, so clearly an infinitely bigger target and thus easier to obtain. No way we can fail to win the quadruple next season.

LDG
02-06-2011, 10:55 AM
There is nothing allegedly about it. The shirt is as orange as Robbie Keane's missus.

:haha:

V-Pig
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
RVP and Cesc are on holiday together. What a close-knit bunch :bow:

Flavs
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM

As opposed to the Asian clique where 50% are ragheads. :good:

Oh and you need more than 40 members to keep the number one slot as the GW premier league footie group will have that many

McNamara That Ghost...
02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
It's on!

Mr.Singh
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Awww the down syndrome bit must have got to you letters....my bad

Master Splinter
02-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Haters Gonna Hate.

And spell members wrong.

V-Pig
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
And be dupes.

Master Splinter
30-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Over £60m for Nasri, Fabregas and Clichy who cost us around £14m at the most. Great business.

Project youth :bow:

Wenger does it again :bow:

Free market fundamentalists :bow:

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 06:44 PM
/thread

Joker
30-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Free market fundamentalists :bow:

:lol:

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Arsenal crisis fears are overblown

The way that people are talking about Arsenal this summer, you'd think something terrible had happened at The Emirates. There is ominous talk of an "exodus" from the dressing room, dark suggestions that Arsene Wenger can no longer attract "world-class" players and, for the fifth year in a row, the nodding consensus that a top-four finish may be too much to ask for. It's a little odd because, while it's hard to ignore the fact that last season ended with all the euphoria of a Leonard Cohen poetry reading, Arsenal is hardly a club in crisis.

Cesc Fabregas' departure to Barcelona has been expected for so long that many Arsenal fans, bored rigid with the interminable saga, would happily drive him to the airport themselves just to put the episode behind them. Gael Clichy has left for Manchester City, but even his own mother would have to admit that he's been annoyingly inconsistent over the past two years. Let's be honest, if Kieran Gibbs' toes weren't made of breadsticks, the Frenchman would have struggled to hold down a starting place. Samir Nasri's desire to leave, ostensibly in pursuit of trophies, but more probably in pursuit of pound sterling, has been an emphatic body blow. As Carlos Tevez and Fernando Torres will attest, ship-jumping at the top level is hardly rare these days, but Nasri's defection, should it come to pass, would certainly sting. Still, as exoduses go, this has hardly been biblical.

The charge that Wenger can no longer attract world-class players is a strange one, mainly because Wenger never really tried to attract them in the first place. Of his finest signings, Patrick Vieira was an AC Milan reserve, Thierry Henry was wasting away on the wing for Juventus and Robin van Persie was a troubled youngster snapped up for less than £3 million ($4.8M). Nicolas Anelka, Robert Pires, Freddie Ljungberg; all were secured for relatively modest fees from relatively modest clubs. Wenger has never been a man to shop at the top of the market. Even when he's spent heavily, he's done so for players with unfulfilled potential like Jose Antonio Reyes, Andrey Arshavin and, of course, Nasri himself.

The 2007-11 era at The Emirates Stadium has been a fascinating, but ultimately fruitless experiment in self-sufficiency. Henry's departure to Barcelona was supposed to be the beginning of the end. Instead, it was merely a new beginning, a chance for a young squad to stand up and prove themselves. Sadly for Wenger, the only thing they proved in the end was that they were good, very good, but not quite good enough. Maybe goalkeeper Manuel Almunia should never have been anything more than an emergency umbrella for the trunk of the car. Perhaps there should have been a few experienced heads in the team. Would a few tough-tackling midfielders really have been such a bad idea? But while Arsenal didn't win anything, it's hard to write off the last four years as a failure.

Did Wenger's stubborn desire to create sporting autarky cripple the club? No. He enters this summer with a savings account full of spending money, a good squad and an academy production line backed up for the next 10 years with waves of velvet-booted sprites desperate to ping the ball around. In this period of apparent failure, Arsenal has always finished in the top four, it reached the knockout stage of the Champions League every time, the quarterfinals twice and the semifinals once. There are clubs across the continent that would kill for a similar level of failure.

And there are mitigating factors for these barren years, especially that last, toe-curlingly awful campaign when the title was open to anyone who could string more than three wins together. A long-term injury to Thomas Vermaelen forced Wenger to rely on two rookie Premier League center backs when he would have rather blooded them one at a time. Injuries to his goalkeepers were so bad that he was forced to recall Jens Lehmann from retirement. Marouane Chamakh suffered a crisis of confidence. And yet, what of it? Every team suffers injuries, every team is subject to setbacks. True champions respond and, over the past four years, Chelsea and Manchester United have always responded better. It's annoying when the most obvious explanation is the correct one, but really there's no mystery as to why Arsenal went without silverware. There was too much glitter and not enough steel.

What is mystifying is the glee with which many observers are celebrating that big empty space on the roll of honor hoardings inside the Emirates Stadium. The critics are quick to line up and kick Manchester City and Chelsea for having the temerity to attract generous benefactors. They are swift to point out the staggering debts that Manchester United have accrued, but there is little in the way of sympathy for a manager who has worked feverishly to live within his naturally set boundaries while insisting all the time on attractive, expansive soccer. For many reasons, Arsenal should be held up as an example of how a club should conduct itself in austere times, but apparently it deserves a good shoeing because it hasn't overstretched themselves and blown the budget on a bright-eyed superstar.

Arsenal isn't in crisis. Preseason training has only just begun and the transfer window will remain open for another seven weeks. If Fabregas and Nasri leave for the kind of fees mentioned in dispatches, Wenger will have close to £60 million ($96.7M) to play with, on top of anything else he has rattling around in his piggy bank after years of relative frugality. That's more than enough for him to pillage clubs around the world for fresh talent. With that kind of war-chest, far from being in decline, Arsenal is actually very well placed for a much needed rebuilding program. And it's started already, with Gervinho arriving from Lille this week.

Wenger has already built three distinct title winning teams; the double-winning class of 1998, the Henry-led class of 2001 and the Invincibles of 2004. He was desperate to add another generation to the hall of fame, a largely homegrown, carefully cultivated generation to be proud of, but it was not to be. The experiment failed. But that failure, such as it was, does not tarnish the success of the past, nor does it make him the wrong man to strive for glory in the future. This era is over and a page has been turned. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's the end of the story. It might just be the start of a new chapter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/iain_macintosh/07/13/arsenal.crisis/

Not quite mindless, but a :gp:.

Boss
14-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Do not celebrate until the transfer has been confirmed.

:coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
14-07-2011, 04:39 PM
A long-term injury to Thomas Vermaelen forced Wenger to rely on two rookie Premier League center backs when he would have rather blooded them one at a time

Please Arsene, after youve bloodied Squillaci, next my go!..........

Fist of Lehmann
14-07-2011, 04:51 PM
He would slap your shit up tbh.

Letters
14-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Don't make me ban you from this thread.

We can do that now, you know. ## vBulliten :bow:

Boss
14-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Thought the MOC wouldn't accept you as a member, tbh. :popcorn:

Letters
14-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Thought the MOC wouldn't accept you as a member, tbh. :popcorn:

He won't :(

I'm not mindless enough.

*bans self from thread*

Mr.Singh
14-07-2011, 10:19 PM
He won't :(

I'm not mindless enough.

*bans self from thread*

You should ban yourself from life tbf

Dog Toffee
14-07-2011, 10:29 PM
This threads more important.

Master Splinter
23-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Gervinho :bow: :bow:

Wenger does it again :bow:

French-speaking Africans based in France :bow:

Giant foreheads :bow:

It's on tbf.

fakeyank
23-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Gervinho will be a flop

Master Splinter
23-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Gervinho will be a flop

You'd know about flops, with a face like yours.

Cripps_orig
23-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Gervinho will be a flop

Subbed off in the first half :lol:

Marc Overmars
23-07-2011, 07:26 PM
MS is the optimistic Cripps

Cripps is the pessimistic MS

Interesting

Master Splinter
23-07-2011, 07:35 PM
MS is the optimistic Cripps

Cripps is the pessimistic MS

Interesting

Obvious WUMs are quite annoying tbf. At least be subtle or original about it.

I don't have a problem with people like yourself or others who criticise those who deserve to be. But trying to wring a WUM out of every situation is going over the top. I can imagine Ach WUMming his mum too.

Also, those fucks need to stay out of this thread tbh. Can't seem to stay away though..........:coffee: :whistle:

Cripps_orig
23-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I am 3 time 3 time 3 time winner of the most optimistic poster award.

I am the original founder of the MOC. Every right to be here

fakeyank
23-07-2011, 10:44 PM
You'd know about flops, with a face like yours.

Niall_Quinn
23-07-2011, 10:51 PM
We are only four defenders away from being solid at the back.

milla
24-07-2011, 08:12 AM
We are only four defenders away from being solid at the back.

Arsenal are one manager away from winning the league, CL, FA Cup and CC. :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Arsenal. :bow:

V-Pig
24-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Dog Toffee
25-07-2011, 06:29 PM
I am 3 time 3 time 3 time winner of the most optimistic poster award.

I am the original founder of the MOC. Every right to be here

If thats true then it's all rubbish. Your constantly pessamistic and have no right to post here, unless its optimistic (and mindless).

You should make a club called 'Mindless', and only allow yourself to join it.

fakeyank
25-07-2011, 07:10 PM
If thats true then it's all rubbish. Your constantly pessamistic and have no right to post here, unless its optimistic (and mindless).

You should make a club called 'Mindless', and only allow yourself to join it.

He was very optimistic but AW and his great managerial decisions have made him into what he is today.. sooner or later, all you dumbasses in the optimism clique will move over to the dark side, of that I am sure..

Cripps_orig
25-07-2011, 08:21 PM
If thats true then it's all rubbish. Your constantly pessamistic and have no right to post here, unless its optimistic (and mindless). You should make a club called 'Mindless', and only allow yourself to join it. Realistic not pessimistic

Master Splinter
25-07-2011, 08:59 PM
sooner or later, all you dumbasses in the optimism clique will move over to the dark side, of that I am sure..

Harsh on your white members tbh.

Dog Toffee
01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Anyway.. To relieve the suicide inducing air of gloom over this entire board. Just a reminder that..... We have Cesc Fabregas! (still) We have Cesc Fabregas! (still), We have Cesc Fabregas! (still) and Nasri (for at least another season!).

Also we have Wilshere, Van Persie- who hasn't got injured yet, Denilsons gone (Whoo-hoo), Vermaelens back (Yay!), We look to be signing Mata and maybe Jagielka too. Come on!

Toronto Gooner
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
We look to be signing Mata and maybe Jagielka too. Come on!
The word is that Mata's price just went up by £10 million because the buyout clause has expired. http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/mata-contract-revelations-means-price-tag-has-risen-by-10m_070999.html

LDG
01-08-2011, 01:39 PM
:banghead:

Toronto Gooner
01-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I feel the same. Teh only things I would say is that this seems to come from one source (Balague), and he had previously stated that the deal was done: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sports/blog/2011-07-31/balague-everything-agreed-mata-join-arsenal. If everything was "in place" wouldn't that include the price?

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 03:00 PM

GTFO tbh.

LDG
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
GTFO tbh.

No.

I was banging my head because TG was being negative.

I'm full of optimism.

And spunk ##

LDG
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
That sounds well dodgy.

:sick:

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Back on track:

Sir Jack pretending to be injured so he misses the England friendly :scarf:.

Toronto Gooner
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Back on track:

Sir Jack pretending to be injured so he misses the England friendly :scarf:.
Can we convince him to retire from international duty as it is affecting his club performances?

Dog Toffee
09-08-2011, 02:02 PM
More like: Jack Wilshere goes on a one man riot in London, burning cars, Molotov cocktailing police and pillaging entire towns, just to avoid playing for England on Wednesday.

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm optimistic of some readers finding this interesting: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/top-ten/2011-08-11/club-most-points-top-flight-history-it-liverpool-man-united-arsenal-chelsea-or-everton

Master Splinter
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Arsenal :bow:

NQ :bow: most optimistic poster in the world going by his contribution to this thread.

fakeyank
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm optimistic of some readers finding this interesting: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/top-ten/2011-08-11/club-most-points-top-flight-history-it-liverpool-man-united-arsenal-chelsea-or-everton

:trophy:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Neither Clichy nor Almunia will cost us a goal today - guaranteed!

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Gibbs, like Clichy but with both end-product and a brain :bow:

Cripps_orig
13-08-2011, 01:46 PM
We wont concede 4 again

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 01:48 PM
We wont concede 4 again

During the whole season. Our defence > Natalie Portman dressed up as a French maid and sitting in your bedroom begging.

Dog Toffee
14-08-2011, 02:59 PM
We dont need your sarcasm here in the MO club.

So, erm, fuck off.

GP
14-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Looks like Jadson will be signing soon. Bit of Brazilian flair at the Emirates. Can't wait.

Master Splinter
14-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Unbeaten :scarf:

No goals conceded :scarf:

Arsenal :bow:.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm fairly sure we're not going to concede a goal ever again, so that's good.

Master Splinter
14-08-2011, 03:48 PM
As you have pointed out a few times, our first choice defence didn't concede in pre-season either.

A return to the glory days of 1-0 to the Arsenal :scarf:.

gunsofashburtongrove
14-08-2011, 06:41 PM
We are winning it this time. We look much better in defense, haven't seen us defend as a team in a long time. We will buy to add in midfield.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RVP starts a game, we draw.

Chamakh does, we win

Chamakh :bow:

cheesy bites
16-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Champions League debuts for Jenkinson and Frimpong. Experience will help.

Master Splinter
16-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Chamakh does, we win

:haha:

Coney
16-08-2011, 09:02 PM

Chamakh does, we win

We never lost when Cygan was in the team despite his best efforts so we should bring him back.

Letters
16-08-2011, 10:02 PM
No goals conceeded all season. Wenger's finally sorted out the defence.
Wenger :bow:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 01:43 PM
RVP starts in 2 games, we dont win

Chamakh starts 1 and we win

Joker
20-08-2011, 02:08 PM

They're both shit.

Dog Toffee
22-08-2011, 01:38 PM

What's your point? Chamakh is better than Robin?

If thats your point then its a shit one, utterly stupid and wrong.

Joker
22-08-2011, 01:44 PM
He seems to think Chamakh's a good player for some reason.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Cripps the human fly trap strikes again. . . . .this time taking down two unsuspecting passers by with arguement laced with hsrd to fathom logic!

Kaiser
22-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Frimpong is a proper Gooner, has some bite, work ethic and ability too. And he insulted Piers Morgan.

DEEENCH :bow:

(Anyone knows what that even means?)

GP
22-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Frimpong is a proper Gooner, has some bite, work ethic and ability too. And he insulted Piers Morgan.

DEEENCH :bow:

(Anyone knows what that even means?)

http://www.musicrooms.net/files/celebs/Judi_Dench_927709381.jpg

He's a big fan, apparently...

Joker
22-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Cripps the human fly trap strikes again. . . . .this time taking down two unsuspecting passers by with arguement laced with hsrd to fathom logic!

I won't bite next time :lol:

Cripps_orig
22-08-2011, 02:15 PM
He seems to think Chamakh's a good player for some reason.

Problem the same reason you think RVPs shit

Master Splinter
22-08-2011, 03:48 PM
What's your point? Chamakh is better than Robin?

If thats your point then its a shit one, utterly stupid and wrong.

Would make a good title for his autobiography tbh.

Confessions Of A Serial WUM.

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.musicrooms.net/files/celebs/Judi_Dench_927709381.jpg

He's a big fan, apparently...

The only midfielder endorsed by a Dame.

Frimpong :bow:

Master Splinter
22-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm adding to the Frimpong :bow:.

Frimpong :bow:.

Judi Dench can piss off though.

V-Pig
23-08-2011, 08:14 AM
As long as Frimpong hurts some people, I'm not too fussy.

V-Pig
27-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Just put £10 on Arsenal to win the league, at 25/1.

Letters
27-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Mindless :bow:

Ernesto
27-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Playing Manchester United at 4pm on a Sunday at Old Trafford. The second last time the game was scheduled for that time, we beat them 0-1, after a similarly poor start to the season.

Reasons to be cheerful!

Coney
27-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Just put £10 on Arsenal to win the league, at 25/1.

25/1? Might put a grand on that. Or maybe not

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 04:55 PM
South Koreans :bow:

Hard workers.

V-Pig
27-08-2011, 10:45 PM
In Korea, as in England, the South is superior.

Master Splinter
28-08-2011, 05:59 AM

Lol no.

The North :bow:.

Apart from Newcastle.

And Liverpool.

Hull's a bit shit too.

But Cockney's more than even it up.

Plus there's the steaming stench of the Royals.

And the Spuds.

In conclusion: North > South.

(Arsenal don't count, as they are French).

Letters
28-08-2011, 07:40 AM
25/1? Might put a grand on that. Or maybe not

Or you could just give me a grand if you're throwing it away :shrug:

Boss
28-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Awaits Letters banning from this thread after that shockingly pessimistic post :popcorn:

V-Pig
28-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Lol no.

The North :bow:.

Apart from Newcastle.

And Liverpool.

Hull's a bit shit too.

But Cockney's more than even it up.

Plus there's the steaming stench of the Royals.

And the Spuds.

In conclusion: North > South.

(Arsenal don't count, as they are French).

Sheffield is awesome.

And by "South", I meant more "South of London". Brighton :bow: Sussex :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 10:07 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OBAjn-K9Ves/TUXc-N0wEgI/AAAAAAAABCs/cuVZVr55nQQ/s1600/korea.jpg

Coney
28-08-2011, 11:38 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OBAjn-K9Ves/TUXc-N0wEgI/AAAAAAAABCs/cuVZVr55nQQ/s1600/korea.jpg

How long before the slogan is changed and Wenger's head is photoshopped onto it?

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 11:43 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqi1yr7hG81qewv1lo1_500.jpg

Dog Toffee
28-08-2011, 01:28 PM
How long before the slogan is changed and Wenger's head is photoshopped onto it?

Yeah and he'd say 'An Arsenal Career...Is the best Career.

Master Splinter
28-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Three goals in four starts for Theo.

Golden Boot winner tbh.

V-Pig
28-08-2011, 05:10 PM
:rose:

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 05:26 PM
The blue away kit looks a lot better than I thought it would.

KESSLER
28-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Their goals were lucky. We'd have won 0-2 if they weren't so lucky. :shrug:

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Real Madrid match is on next

Also last time we got hammered at OT, we won the double the next season

Joker
28-08-2011, 05:30 PM
We can start being optimistic when Wenger leaves.

milla
28-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Three goals in four starts for Theo.

Golden Boot winner tbh.

4 goals in one game for Dzeko. :coffee:

cheesy bites
28-08-2011, 05:32 PM
We scored twice at Old Trafford :cheers:

Master Splinter
28-08-2011, 05:40 PM

WTF is this shit?

Seems it's only me, Maccy and NQ left.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:11 PM
WTF is this shit?

And I want the MOC shut down!

LOL to most of GW <- worse than NQ

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM
We scored our first goals this season :dance:

Kano
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM
still above tottenham?

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Lulling them into a false sense of security before striking with deadly force and the benefit of surprise.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 06:15 PM
still above tottenham?

yeah, even in our shittest start to a season ever, the scum are still below us :haha:

V-Pig
28-08-2011, 06:28 PM
WTF is this shit?

I'm still optimistic, motherfucker. I'm throwing a rose on the grave of Na$ri.

Park :bow:

Coney
28-08-2011, 06:48 PM
yeah, even in our shittest start to a season ever, the scum are still below us :haha:

It will remain the case as long as we can hold off the might of Swansea at the Emirates. I wish I was confident of that. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 07:03 PM
We scored two goals at Old Trafford for the first time in the Premier League.

:good:

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Our worst ever defeat is in our past whereas Utd still have theirs to come.

Coney
28-08-2011, 07:13 PM
We scored two goals at Old Trafford for the first time in the Premier League.

:good:

Not true. We scored two goals at OT last season. Unfortunately.....

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Wrong thread. :ninja:

Coney
28-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Wrong thread. :ninja:

You think that a thread should stay on topic? Are you new here? (tm)

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 07:32 PM
This one should!

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Not true. We scored two goals at OT last season. Unfortunately.....

We did? :blink:

Coney
28-08-2011, 10:15 PM
We did? :blink:

Yes. Unfortunately, one was into our own net by Diaby. ;)

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes. Unfortunately, one was into our own net by Diaby. ;)

That was 2 seasons ago tbf hence i got confused

Coney
28-08-2011, 10:29 PM
That was 2 seasons ago tbf hence i got confused

Oh yeah. My mistake. Anyway, we did score 2 goals at OT in the PL before today. :)

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm still optimistic, motherfucker. I'm throwing a rose on the grave of Na$ri.

Admit it, fuckface, you crossed over to the dark side momentarily.

Then you recomposed yourself and with the aid of some Wenger-esque spin, came up with that post.

You have one more chance, but if we sense another relapse, you're out. Sort it out.

Where's Darth Vela by the way? I hope he hasn't succumbed too.

Could just be me and Maccy left soon :upset:.

The Mindless Optimism Duo :bow:.

cricketsi
29-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Admit it, fuckface, you crossed over to the dark side momentarily.

Then you recomposed yourself and with the aid of some Wenger-esque spin, came up with that post.

You have one more chance, but if we sense another relapse, you're out. Sort it out.

Where's Darth Vela by the way? I hope he hasn't succumbed too.

Could just be me and Maccy left soon :upset:.

The Mindless Optimism Duo :bow:.

He had moments of renouncing optimism last season btw, but I can't divulge this sensitive information.

This loss makes the last few days of the transfer window all the more interesting!

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 06:35 AM
He had moments of renouncing optimism last season btw, but I can't divulge this sensitive information.

This loss makes the last few days of the transfer window all the more interesting!

False leaders :(.

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/f/f7/The_Leader.jpg

V-Pig
29-08-2011, 08:14 AM
LIES! LIES!

My cousin tries to talk to me about Wenger like a "neutral pundit" and I'm like "gtfo" and yesterday Arsenal were the better side, and people need to fucking deal with it. Stop this slander. I'm still optimistic.

Fist of Lehmann
29-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Tbh I only joined the MOC to annoy pessimists. But really is that so wrong?

The only crime I am guilty of is of trying to do the right thing.

V-Pig
29-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I share your pain.
I'm determined to put things right.

V-Pig
01-09-2011, 06:44 AM
4 signings and a loan in the last 48hours. Overall spend around £20m less than we received (depending on your source). 6 national captains in the team. Older players, experience, etc.

Also, Cahill in January. Who else is gonna get him? Spuds? Without CL football? HAHAHAHAHA.

Also, Spuds failed getting Cahill and rejected £40m(!) for Modric, thus are stuck with a sack of unhappy shit.

:bow: What a window

Ollie the Optimist
25-09-2011, 11:35 AM
2 game winning streak now. we are winning the quadruple

AKBapologist
25-09-2011, 11:37 AM
4 signings and a loan in the last 48hours. Overall spend around £20m less than we received (depending on your source). 6 national captains in the team. Older players, experience, etc.

Also, Cahill in January. Who else is gonna get him? Spuds? Without CL football? HAHAHAHAHA.

Also, Spuds failed getting Cahill and rejected £40m(!) for Modric, thus are stuck with a sack of unhappy shit.

:bow: What a window
Cahill off to chelsea me thinks.

Coney
25-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Cahill off to chelsea me thinks.

Cahill knows Wenger admires him as a player and that he will get a lot more games under Wenger - better than warming the bench at chavs and losing your England selection.

-Xs-
25-09-2011, 08:38 PM
3-0? Against 10 man Bolton? By god it's on!!

Japan Shaking All Over
26-09-2011, 07:55 AM
January will see new players and Arsenal having put a dreadful start behind them. . . .a couple of tough games aheaf but a decent RvP run to follow our win on Saturday will put a sock in the mouths of some doubt

some say Charles the first was wrongly beheaded!

Coney
26-09-2011, 12:17 PM
3-0? Against 10 man Bolton? By god it's on!!

It is. Now that Theo knows how to get opposition players out of the way, there will be no stopping us.

Cripps_orig
28-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Only English team to win in the CL this week

Manc clubs and Chavs :pal:

Stick to the league, leave the CL to us

Marc Overmars
28-09-2011, 08:45 PM
3 wins in a row.

Arsenal winning against all odds. :bow:

Coney
28-09-2011, 08:57 PM
3 wins in a row.

Arsenal winning against all odds. :bow:

Sign of champions.

Master Splinter
28-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Ugly Theo with a beautiful goal :bow:.

Youngest English scorer ever in the CL :bow:.

Cripps_orig
28-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I think we also become the 5th side to score 200 goals in CL history

Dog Toffee
29-09-2011, 05:29 PM
GTFO this thread!

Master Splinter
29-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Lawro predicted we'll lose on Sunday.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Unbeaten in cup competitions, lost in the Premier League. Reverso season of 03/04 on its way.

V-Pig
29-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Finally, we'll get the Carling Cup!

Japan Shaking All Over
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
we havent had much to be optimistic about so decided to put this here.......

Arshavin in form admission
Russian says he should be doing more

Andrey Arshavin: Admits his form has not been good enough this season
.Arsenal attacker Andrey Arshavin concedes he has not produced his best form so far this season. The former Zenit St Petersburg star was an instant hit at the Emirates following his arrival at the club in January 2009.

However, he has struggled to recapture that form and has scored just one goal for the Gunners this term.

Russian international Arshavin admits Arsenal fans should expect more from him as he demands more from himself too.

Expect more
"They should expect more from me, of course," Arshavin told Arsenal Player. "They should expect some more tricks, goals and unbelievable passes.

"To be honest I am still expecting more from me as well. But believe me, I do everything I can do.

"I just have to give everything I can at the moment, just on the pitch. I want to score more goals and bring my team to the title

You dont say.......coming from our record signing!

TBH shouldnt be our record signing anymore, should have smshed that yonks ago........

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7237266,00.html

Dog Toffee
14-10-2011, 09:37 AM
...and unbelievable passes :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
14-10-2011, 11:37 AM
To opposing players :doh:

Coney
14-10-2011, 11:59 AM
...and unbelievable passes :lol:

To opposing players :doh:

I don't believe it.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Better do my friend, the winds of change are a blowing!

V-Pig
21-10-2011, 06:23 AM
You know what? Szczesny is fucking awesome. And we're going to top the CL group. And climb our way back to the top 4. And Koscielny had a fucking awesome game. And it seems Djourou can play at RB AND cross in from that position. Also, we still have Song playing and RVP is the best in the world :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Chezer, no matter what Cripps says allows us the luxury of not having to break our neck looking for a #1 - sure there may be a better keeper out there, shit there is probably a better striker than RvP SOMEWHERE!

Kos needs a few more awesome games, the next two will be tests thats for sure, Stoke ate throw it high into the box and see what happens. . .for me Blackburn is yet a distant memory,

Johan, I had a lot of time for, RB who can cross. . . .ummmm (?)

Thats not to say Im shitting on your parade, I too think even the current squad with a crop of quality Jan introductions could still make something out of this season.

Consistency by the above mentioned and the rest of the squad is going to be key

Heres to favourable cup draws :beer:

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2011, 10:29 AM
...Koscielny had a fucking awesome game....

Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

Coney
21-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

:lol: Neat!

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Bout time we get Letters to this phrase. . . .ahhhh sorry forgot, he doesnt know how :doh:

LDG
21-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Bout time we get Letters to this phrase. . . .ahhhh sorry forgot, he doesnt know how :doh:

Letters can't

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Letters can't

Tell him to ╒ỮÇҜ Ờ╒₣ Letters!

Master Splinter
21-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Chezer, no matter what Cripps says allows us the luxury of not having to break our neck looking for a #1 - sure there may be a better keeper out there, shit there is probably a better striker than RvP SOMEWHERE!

Kos needs a few more awesome games, the next two will be tests thats for sure, Stoke ate throw it high into the box and see what happens. . .for me Blackburn is yet a distant memory,

Johan, I had a lot of time for, RB who can cross. . . .ummmm (?)

Thats not to say Im shitting on your parade, I too think even the current squad with a crop of quality Jan introductions could still make something out of this season.

Consistency by the above mentioned and the rest of the squad is going to be key

Heres to favourable cup draws :beer:

WTF is this shit?

FFS use the Mindless Optimism Thread properly. It's not a place for mindful, reasoned analysis, you know.

Also, Letters :haha:.

Can't even properly.

He's had a shocker.

hobson's choice
22-10-2011, 04:08 AM
Fukk it i'm drunk, we are gonna get get 4th, as shit as we have been Liverpool and Spurs are only 3/4 points ahead, Newcastle will fade. But Pool aint much to worry about, and Spurs are Spurs, we handle our business, 4th is our.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-10-2011, 06:03 AM
WTF is this shit?

FFS use the Mindless Optimism Thread properly. It's not a place for mindful, reasoned analysis, you know.

Also, Letters :haha:.

Can't even properly.

He's had a shocker.

FFS MS who pissed in your tea?

The drugs must have worn off. . . .

But now I'm back with the living. . . .

Kos was superb. He almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

and Letters will become the most popular mod on GW. . . .around the same time we win a trophy and he learns how to

selassie
22-10-2011, 09:13 PM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8506/wenger.gif

That is all

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Not exactly Dances with the Stars material but fuck it. . . .Wenger knows!

Master Splinter
23-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Gervinho :bow:.

A goal through the middle.

An assist from the right.

An assist from the left.

The complete forward :bow:.

Syn
23-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Gervais(tm) looks a good player. Resembles a drunk spider when he runs but he's two-footed, has pace and workable technique. Plenty to build on from that.

Also, if Iniesta did what Ramsey did today (and he normally does...) there would be much more talk about it. That was a genius clip over the top - very difficult to get the ball up and down in such a short space.

Kosmert were solid again.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Today the sun is out and its a good day to be mindlessly optimistic, which I am . . .

Drogba is not around to annoy the fuck about us. . .just hope John Terry chokes to death on his breakfast. . .biggezt cunt in football

Coney
29-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Today the sun is out and its a good day to be mindlessly optimistic,

Good call.:dance:

LDG
29-10-2011, 04:33 PM
IT'S ON!!!!!!

Coney
29-10-2011, 04:50 PM
This thread is gradually looking less mindless. :)

gunsofashburtongrove
29-10-2011, 04:53 PM
The quadruple is on

Coney
29-10-2011, 04:54 PM
The quadruple is on

Piece of piss. :good:

Master Splinter
29-10-2011, 04:58 PM
RVP to get 98 goals this season.

Gervinho to rack up 86 assists.

GP
29-10-2011, 05:49 PM
RVP to get 98 goals this season.

Gervinho to rack up 86 assists.

You can fuck off with this pessimism.

Master Splinter
29-10-2011, 05:54 PM
You can fuck off with this pessimism.

:(

:getcoat:

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Jenkinson :bow:.

Another great Wenger signing that no-one knew anything about :scarf:.

Koscielny :bow:.

The best defender in the League.

Song :bow:.

The best midfielder in world football.

Ramsey :bow:.

Better than all Spanish midgets.

Vermaelen :bow:.

Fit.

RVP :bow:.

God.

Santos :bow:.

The new Eboue.

gunsofashburtongrove
06-11-2011, 06:12 AM
We should sign more players from league 1 during the January window

Japan Shaking All Over
06-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Jenkinson :bow:.

Another great Wenger signing that no-one knew anything about :scarf:.

The best defender in the League.

Song :bow:.

The best midfielder in world football.

Ramsey :bow:.

Better than all Spanish midgets.

Vermaelen :bow:.

Fit.

RVP :bow:.

God.

Santos :bow:.

The new Eboue.

GW the place for unbiased on the spot match analysis!

Better thahn Skysports/Football focus put together

Wenger for England
Lawro for PM

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Wenger for England:pray:

Master Splinter
23-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Mindless Optimism Clique :bow:.

I'm sure we'll get some glory hunters now. :rolleyes:.

GP
23-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Ramsey is already the best Welsh player ever.

Ollie the Optimist
23-11-2011, 11:08 PM
always believed in wenger, kos etc

ach :pal: having shocker after shocker

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2011, 11:10 PM
always believed in wenger, kos etc

ach :pal: having shocker after shocker

Ollie :bow:

Cripps_orig
23-11-2011, 11:10 PM
You dont seem to get the gist of this thread do you?

Japan Shaking All Over
23-11-2011, 11:33 PM
ultimately it may not be in Europe but I reckon we are going to win something this year

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2011, 11:44 PM
ultimately it may not be in Europe but I reckon we are going to win something this year

Japan is not better than Tokyo and Wandsworth is certainly not better than London, but apart from that I can't see anyone beating us again this season.

Master Splinter
03-12-2011, 09:03 PM
14 in 14 for RVP in the League (13 starts).

38 for the season?

I'm going for 52.

Coney
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM

It has to be in Europe. We have played all of our matches in our entire history in Europe, except for the Far East tour this summer.

Master Splinter
05-12-2011, 03:46 AM
It has to be in Europe. We have played all of our matches in our entire history in Europe, except for the Far East tour this summer.

That was in Europe too.

Green screen tbf.

Japan Shaking All Over
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM

OK, You may have a point but dont let my grandad hear you speak like that. . didnt fight in two world wars to have us eating escargot for breakfast and driving around in Renaults

Coney
05-12-2011, 08:09 PM
OK, You may have a point but dont let my grandad hear you speak like that. . didnt fight in two world wars to have us eating escargot for breakfast and driving around in Renaults

What have the French got to do with it? :unsure: Look on a map of the world and check out the continents.

And anyway, I drive around in an Audi. ;)

Japan Shaking All Over
06-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Meatballs and fake pine furniture

LDG
06-12-2011, 10:51 AM

Dennis
06-12-2011, 01:00 PM

Not true

Played Independiente in USA (i think) late 80'...won 2-1 and were declared unofficial world champs :cheers:

Dog Toffee
06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
As a founding member of the MOC I feel its necessary to say 'we're on for the triple'. (Mindless Optimism to the core)

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 04:35 PM
As a founding member of the MOC I feel its necessary to say 'we're on for the triple'. (Mindless Optimism to the core)Triple?

Dog Toffee
06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah, its one more than the double. Look it up (if they have dictionaries where you come from).

Edit- that was a bit harsh, sorry.

Master Splinter
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM

He is by far our player of the season.

Great defender.

Coquelin :bow:.

Looks like a classy player whenever he's on the pitch.

GW is alive again after today :bow:.

Cripps_orig
02-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Only away team not to win today.

We are unique :bow:

Syn
02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
ACoN starts soon :dance: Any chance Theo is half African? :pray:Another reason for optimism - it seems oxlade becomes a better player with every game he doesn't play. He is currently phenomenal.

selassie
03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Francis Coquelin. I personally think this kid is quality and one of our best young talents. I've watched him in a few times this season and he's always looked very assured, even in the embarrasment up at Old Trafford he came out of the game with quite a bit of credit.

I'm quite excited about his development, he definitely has a place in the squad and is more than capable back up to Song IMHO.

Letters
03-01-2012, 12:05 PM
ACoN starts soon :dance: Any chance Theo is half African? :pray:

Racist :sulk:

Just because he's coloured

:hansen:

Niall_Quinn
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
We've got our one loss in 2012 out of the way quickly.

Master Splinter
15-01-2012, 06:16 PM
We've got our one loss in 2012 out of the way quickly.

N_Q :haha:.

Master Splinter
15-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Koscielny is pretty good.

Oxlade-Chamberlain can never be as bad as Theo.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Only team to score more then 1 at Swansea

Arsenal :bow:

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Utd had better watch out, the Arsenal are coming!

Master Splinter
15-01-2012, 06:33 PM
N_Q's Insincerity(TM) Needs to be STOPPED! tbh

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2012, 06:40 PM
N_Q's Insincerity(TM) Needs to be STOPPED! tbh

Stop picking on me or I'll tell the mods.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Sherlock on tonight, an hour an a half of distraction.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Barca are playing later, at least we played the real deal today.

Letters
23-01-2012, 02:02 PM

:(

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Ox played really well yesterday :bow:

Before he was subbed :ilt:

GP
23-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Oxtail played really well yesterday until he started suffering from cramp and had to be subbed.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Danny welbeck scored GW PL POINTS

Letters
23-01-2012, 02:25 PM
We've got the Russian captain playing for us :bow:

GP
23-01-2012, 02:48 PM
He's five foot four
He's five foot fouuuur
We've got Arshavin