PDA

View Full Version : If Nasri and Cesc Leave

server too busy!
09-08-2011, 12:58 PM
What will our first 11 look like? Surely we can't rely and on Ramsey and Wilshire all season. Rosicky is a bit useless these days, but Arshavin may be able to drop from the wing but I'm not sure he has it in him anymore either.

Schfdsjkfh
Sagna
Defender
Vermaelen
Gibbs/Traore
Song
Wilshere
Rosicky
Walcott
RvP
Gervinho

???

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=408&highlight=squad+analysis

At the end of the week i'll update to reflect the most likely make up of the squad. Atm, you can consider Vela and Eboue as virtually gone.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I can see us playing 4-4-2 more often without Cesc around, meaning Arshavin can get to be a no.10 and we can use all these wingers we've brought in instead of shunting AMs out wide.

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
We're not playing 4-4-2. No one really does anymore ffs.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah but no-one whacks 11 men behind the ball and refuses to attack against most other teams either so I can still see it happening in more than a few games.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 03:28 PM
If they both leave and we don't attempt to replace them, I'd say it would be relatively optimistic to then expect to finish 4th.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
We're not playing 4-4-2. No one really does anymore ffs.

Anyone know why? Is it just a fashion thing or is there some substance behind ignoring a perfectly viable formation? Anyway, we should play 0-5-5, no point picking the defenders as they don't make any difference in the game anyway.

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Anyway, we should play 0-5-5, no point picking the defenders as they don't make any difference in the game anyway.

:gp:

Özim
09-08-2011, 06:35 PM
4-4-2 all the way, we've messed about with shte formations for years to no avail, let's go back to something that works.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
4-4-2 all the way, we've messed about with shte formations for years to no avail, let's go back to something that works.

Yeah 4-4-2, Chamakh and Vela up front and, DOH!

bagwan
09-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Buy Sneijder and Mata.

WilshereourGHEL
09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
WE CANT BUY THOSE 2 IT WILL DAMAGE THE FUTURES OF RYO AND "anyotherunknownshitfuck"

selassie
09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
If Nasri & Cesc are sold Arsene won't buy because it will kill Wilshire & Ramsey.

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Huh? Why not go back to 3-2-2-3 like we did back in the 60s...

Why? Because the sport goes through phases. Tactics and training methods change the dictate the way formations are implemented and changes to the game like rules or fitness alter the pros and cons of formations. 4-4-2 or more realistically 4-4-1-1 isn't dead, but it isn't fun to watch and it really depends on having the right people in midfield. Specifically with 4-4-2, it is exceptionally hard to dominate the midfield with it. United and us did 4-4-1-1 it a few times last season with Rooney/rvp dropping back into the deep lying striker role, both with mixed results.

The thing about 4-5-1 is the fexiblity in which it alters into 4-3-3 during attack.
Some interesting reading:
http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/nov/19/argentina-napoli?cat=sport&type=article
http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/jul/14/the-question-what-next-for-442?cat=sport&type=article

Also this hints to something ive been noticing:

http://goonerholic.com/?p=3894

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Yup time to go back to 4-4-2. We should alternate formations ideally depending on who we are playing but Wenger is too much of a dumbass to do that so if we are going to stick to one formation, it has to be the tried and trusted 4-4-2

Toronto Gooner
10-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Mmmm, if Fabregas and Nasri leave, then I will continue to support Arsenal F.C., and will quite happily wave goodbye to the Johnny-come-lately Fabregas is God fans.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
If Nasri & Cesc are sold Arsene won't buy because it will kill Wilshire & Ramsey.

Who do we need to sell to kill Wenger?

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ulAZCDmTb4&feature=player_embedded

Obviously NSFW

Cripps_orig
17-08-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ulAZCDmTb4&feature=player_embedded

Obviously NSFW

Disgusting how the word cunt is used so much these days.

Speaking of which, the cunt starts on the bench today for Barcunts :lol:

server too busy!
18-08-2011, 08:05 AM
:upset:

I'm scared

Syn
18-08-2011, 08:10 AM
:upset:I'm scared I'm more bothered about nasri leaving simply because I think he has a higher ceiling than cesc and couldve been a great player for us (though possibly not under wenger's management)...but I'd be lying if I said I'm very annoyed with it. Had enough of players that turn up when they want to which pretty much includes everyone.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 08:42 AM
:upset:

I'm scared

It's pretty scary stuff.

Our squad has been ripped apart with no sign of replacements.

Tony Tuesdays
19-08-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdpzyaMUp4c

LDG
19-08-2011, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdpzyaMUp4c

Proper fuckin laugh out loud there.

Genius

:haha:

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 10:26 AM
God damn that video is class!!

Say what you like about gooners but there are some fucking funny Arse fans :bow:

LDG
19-08-2011, 10:42 AM
"Someone's minge is fucking rotten"

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 01:06 PM
nasri is in the squad for sat! AW isnt afraid to play him as he knows he is committed to the squad apparently!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 01:28 PM
nasri is in the squad for sat! AW isnt afraid to play him as he knows he is committed to the squad apparently!

And rightly so he's still our player till he leaves and if available should be played. No point not using him and then loose.

Flavs
19-08-2011, 02:01 PM
the conflict between Wenger and player in the nasri situation is wierd, i cant decide if Wenger keeps saying he is staying and he is in the squad etc to force more money out of citeh or if he genuinely wants him to stay. Personally i dont think he can stay now after the fans attitude to him and vice-versa.

What i dont want however is Wenger using this as an excuse to leave, stating that the board have sold the player out from under him, certainly all the ducks are in the row for that claim.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Do you start him or sit him on the bench

I agree he should be used, said it himself he is an Arsenal player, so. . . .

do worry bout the effort he will put in

GP
19-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Wenger out!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 03:00 PM
the conflict between Wenger and player in the nasri situation is wierd, i cant decide if Wenger keeps saying he is staying and he is in the squad etc to force more money out of citeh or if he genuinely wants him to stay. Personally i dont think he can stay now after the fans attitude to him and vice-versa.

What i dont want however is Wenger using this as an excuse to leave, stating that the board have sold the player out from under him, certainly all the ducks are in the row for that claim.

Do you think AW would leave though he seems set on his ways to stay, but i do think Both Cesc and Nas if sold were sold over his head.

Do you start him or sit him on the benchI agree he should be used, said it himself he is an Arsenal player, so. . . .

Thats the question, Id start him and see if he can show if he is professional or not. If he don't put the effort in then it would show us he no longer wants to be here and maybe he should go.

Boss
19-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Would be silly to use him in our game imo.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Would be silly to use him in our game imo.

Why?

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 03:26 PM
He'd get the Adebayor treatment. Counter-productive.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 03:29 PM
He'd get the Adebayor treatment. Counter-productive.

he's get it the next time we played city anyway lol

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Do you start him or sit him on the bench

I agree he should be used, said it himself he is an Arsenal player, so. . . .

You start him in front of Liverpool's back four and then play him hospital balls the whole match, of for as long as he lasts.

Boss
19-08-2011, 04:27 PM
he's get it the next time we played city anyway lol

You realise a player getting the 'Adebayor treatment' playing for someone else is by miles preferable to him getting the same playing for us, yes?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 04:33 PM
TBH I think Charlie was kind of meaning that.......by the time we play Citeh Nas should be there

in no way do I think Nas should be booed on Sat!...........not fully happy with him but Eboue has gone so the boos to be left at home

Boss
19-08-2011, 04:35 PM
He was booed at the Emirates Cup, can't see anything else as fans have only gotten more frustrated since then.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 04:49 PM
not much we can do then......still dont agree

best will be when he finally makes an exit tbt

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 05:42 PM
tbt

To be truthful?

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Nasri wont play and he wont be anywhere near the squad tomorrow. Citeh want him registered so that they can play him in the game on sunday, it'll be the same as with Cesc, they wont risk him playing and getting injured just before his move to another club.

Unfortunately.

This is just wenger keeping the media quiet as usual.

Özim
23-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Just seen on the ITV news we've accepted a 25 million offer from City for Nasri.

Confirmed on Arsenlol.com:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/terms-agreed-with-man-city-for-nasri

Letters
23-08-2011, 01:16 PM

:wave:

:ilt:

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Just seen on the ITV news we've accepted a 25 million offer from City for Nasri.

About an hour late :coffee:

Joker
23-08-2011, 01:19 PM
So, the team for next season is likely to be (assuming everyone's fit)

==========Chesney================

Sagna=====Koscielny===Vermaelen===Gibbs==

==============Song===================

=======Wilshere========Ramsey==========

Walcott============================Gervinho=

================van Persie===================

I haven't put in any new signings into the starting lineup because I don't think we'll see any so late in the transfer window.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Wilshere and Ramsey can't do that job. Not for a whole season. Van Persie can't do that job, not for a whole season. Kos and TV, same deal. We need to sign 4-5 serious quality players in the next week to get back to square one before this whole stadium, youth project thing started. Not going to happen. We've lost. The board has won - to the tune of how many millions in personal gain, nobody knows.

Letters
23-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Wilshere and Ramsey can't do that job. Not for a whole season. Van Persie can't do that job, not for a whole season. Kos and TV, same deal. We need to sign 4-5 serious quality players in the next week to get back to square one before this whole stadium, youth project thing started. Not going to happen. We've lost. The board has won - to the tune of how many millions in personal gain, nobody knows.

The sliver of hope I'm clinging to is that we were waiting for the Nasri and Cesc situations and the CL Qualification (or lack thereof) to be sorted before springing into action. So...I'm hoping we spring in the next week. If we don't then it's going to be a long, hard season :(

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:25 PM
The sliver of hope I'm clinging to is that we were waiting for the Nasri and Cesc situations and the CL Qualification (or lack thereof) to be sorted before springing into action. So...I'm hoping we spring in the next week. If we don't then it's going to be a long, hard season :(

Look on the bright side. Lady Nina Straightjacket (or whatever her fucking name is) is £100mill better off. There's always an upside and always for the same type of people.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 03:13 PM
we are now at a place of no return........Cesc and Nas are now gone and we have lost two great players but 2 that we have all voiced concern over in the past

we have to look at it that some shackles have been loosened it is now time to make a clean break and move on......our wallet is considerably heavier and it should be priority #1 to make it lighter.

Hazard has his own page on the BBC which means very little but it come on the same day as Nasris break so we could let our imagination run wild a little because he would be considered a good buy.......if we think expensive, so what we have ben haggling over small change for the whole summer and look where it has got us.......time to play hard ball
I think we have a good chance of picking up some major additions and I hope our business is done before the Utd game but a lot hinges on europe

thanks Cesc and Nasri......you did well for us......you have moved on and so shall we

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Good fee, We got more then doubled for what we payed for the cunt, Maybe we might have a sell on feel in his clause at city.

So thanks For everything Nas You french lesbian looking cunt.

Özim
23-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Good fee, We got more then doubled for what we payed for the cunt, Maybe we might have a sell on feel in his clause at city.

So thanks For everything Nas You french lesbian looking cunt.
Yeah it's a good fee and he had to go with one year left.

Makes up a bit for losing Cesc cut price.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah it's a good fee and he had to go with one year left.

Makes up a bit for losing Cesc cut price.

Kind of does as long as we spend it properly

Özim
23-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Kind of does as long as we spend it properly
Yeah, that's the big question of course, will we spend on quality or just continue bringing in unknowns and kids.

GunnerFan4Life
23-08-2011, 04:16 PM
EmmanuelF4 Emmanuel Y Frimpong
"@JackWilshere: Good luck to my friend @Nanas08 (mr Nasri) learnt a lot from him. World class player! Will be missed!" Pffffff comeon Jack

:bow:

gunnerrrrr
23-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Only question I have - why the fuck could this not have been sorted out two months ago, as ultimately both players have now left the club and the fees were always as expected.

Gadis or whatever his fucking name is should get the blame for this

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Only question I have - why the fuck could this not have been sorted out two months ago, as ultimately both players have now left the club and the fees were always as expected.

Gladis, not Gadis. Our limp wristed attack puppet in the transfer market.

Coney
23-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Why? If Citeh don't play ball and Nasri will not sign a new contract, what exactly is Gazidis supposed to do to force citeh and Nasri to do the deal?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 10:56 PM
EmmanuelF4 Emmanuel Y Frimpong
"@JackWilshere: Good luck to my friend @Nanas08 (mr Nasri) learnt a lot from him. World class player! Will be missed!" Pffffff comeon Jack

:bow:

Jacks is either Naive or playing the game very well. Its ok Nasri will come out with his sobstory about how he cried saying good buy to wenger and how teary he was, and how he had ot leave because the fans called him a Cunt etc.

Then he'll stick the boot into the club about how it won't win squat etc.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Nasri could just be his mate.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 11:03 PM

No, because Jack's not an ugly lesbian and ugly lesbians only have ugly lesbians as friends. This is a fact.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Might very well be so might Frimpong.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Might very well be so might Frimpong.

That doesn't really make any difference to whether Wilshere is only 1) being naive or 2) playing the game though.

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 11:14 PM
No, because Jack's not an ugly lesbian and ugly lesbians only have ugly lesbians as friends. This is a fact.

K.D. Lang and Ellen DeGeneres hate Nasri though.

Pat Rice is quite influential in these circles however tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 11:15 PM
That doesn't really make any difference to whether Wilshere is only 1) being naive or 2) playing the game though.

Yeah i know

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I see.

server too busy!
24-08-2011, 09:08 AM
What the fuck is going on, we've sold these two, about to sell Bendtner and Lansbury....do we even have enough youngsters to cover our squad? We must have one of the smallest squads in the Prem! Something fucked up is going on, is Stan a spurs supporter?

milla
24-08-2011, 10:07 AM
What the fuck is going on, we've sold these two, about to sell Bendtner and Lansbury....do we even have enough youngsters to cover our squad? We must have one of the smallest squads in the Prem! Something fucked up is going on, is Stan a spurs supporter?

At this rate, we will have our first eleven (which included few youngsters) and the rest of the team would be more youngsters. :coffee:

Fist of Lehmann
24-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I see.:lol:

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure Lansbury is going anywhere, strange that he hasn't actually had that much game time but Wenger was pretty unequivocal about his involvement with the first team, that was back when he was hopeful of keeping one of Cesc or Nasri though so any experienced replacement might push him out, then again it might push Rosicky out instead, that would be my preference.

Anyway, we need a midfielder. Possibly two if Diaby isn't fixed after his last op.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 11:25 AM

IMO don't think these too will be going anywhere tbh. Can see them bith staying

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought lansbury was shit when he came on against pool, dont see what the fuss is about tbh?

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 11:32 AM
He was playing as a DM, in a high-pressure match, against a team with a man advantage who smelled blood in the water...I don't think it's worth placing too much judgement on that, although I was impressed by his commitment and desire to either get the ball or hurt the opposing player, we need more of that.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure Lansbury is going anywhere, strange that he hasn't actually had that much game time but Wenger was pretty unequivocal about his involvement with the first team, that was back when he was hopeful of keeping one of Cesc or Nasri though so any experienced replacement might push him out, then again it might push Rosicky out instead, that would be my preference.

Anyway, we need a midfielder. Possibly two if Diaby isn't fixed after his last op.

Can we seriously be relying on Diaby in any way? Not only does he rarely get on the pitch due to injuries but he's the only "just like a new signing player" we have who you'd rather see go on the transfer list than into the squad on the rare occasion he decamps from the treatment room.

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think we're 'relying' on him for anything other than a bit of depth, I think it's last chance saloon for him though, if he isn't fixed, it's the glue factory for him.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I thought lansbury was shit when he came on against pool, dont see what the fuss is about tbh?

harsh considering the circumstances which Darth has pointed out......even Denilson was given more of a chance.......6 years worth tbh

Özim
24-08-2011, 01:16 PM
F*ck me, you know you've got problems when people are worried about losing players like Lansbury, what is our club coming to!

Ironing
24-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Nasri said that the arsenal fans aren't as 'passionate' since the move to the emirates. Who could disagree with him there? Who wants to play for silent groaners?

The atmosphere at home is a joke at the new ground, unless we're playing a "big" team. Who's fault is that? Anyone involved in the set-up at the new stadium basically. The way they split up the banks when they allocated the new season ticket seats, the fucking stewarding policies, seats a mile from the pitch (not sure that could be helped tbf), that dickhead stadium announcer (he's alright actually), the crap music that gets played (thank god the fucking 'wonder of you' is gone), the fucking prices meaning the ground is usually full of footballing 'tourists'...

bleh

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Nasri said that the arsenal fans aren't as 'passionate' since the move to the emirates. Who could disagree with him there? Who wants to play for silent groaners?The atmosphere at home is a joke at the new ground, unless we're playing a "big" team. Who's fault is that? Anyone involved in the set-up at the new stadium basically. The way they split up the banks when they allocated the new season ticket seats, the fucking stewarding policies, seats a mile from the pitch (not sure that could be helped tbf), that dickhead stadium announcer (he's alright actually), the crap music that gets played (thank god the fucking 'wonder of you' is gone), the fucking prices meaning the ground is usually full of footballing 'tourists'...

bleh

Nasri's A Cunt plain and simple. Unlike Fabregas he showed no respect for the fans or the club so fuck him

Kano
24-08-2011, 09:04 PM
nas did what he had to but now he's left, he's a cunt. same for fab whilst he plays for barca.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:07 PM
nas did what he had to but now he's left, he's a cunt. same for fab whilst he plays for barca.

Nah fab left with the Supporters love im his heart because he wanted to, Nasri just became spiteful because he wanted to move.

He never even thanked the fans today even though it was only a few calling him names

Kano
24-08-2011, 09:10 PM
i'm a big fan of fab, no bitterness toward why he left but whilst he plays for barca, he becomes one of their cunts, no exceptions.

nas, he's a guy making decisions for him, like we do in our own lives, and he's definitely replaceable. but he plays for a rival and he's a proper cunt now.

IBK
24-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Nasri said that the arsenal fans aren't as 'passionate' since the move to the emirates. Who could disagree with him there? Who wants to play for silent groaners?

How the fuck would he know? Doesn't deserve passionate support, IMO.

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 09:13 PM

The atmosphere at home is a joke at the new ground, unless we're playing a "big" team. Who's fault is that? Anyone involved in the set-up at the new stadium basically. The way they split up the banks when they allocated the new season ticket seats, the fucking stewarding policies, seats a mile from the pitch (not sure that could be helped tbf), that dickhead stadium announcer (he's alright actually), the crap music that gets played (thank god the fucking 'wonder of you' is gone), the fucking prices meaning the ground is usually full of footballing 'tourists'...

bleh

Aye, when did you spot me in the crowd?

GP
24-08-2011, 09:21 PM
http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Players/2011-2012/Samir%20Nasri/fifa12_samir_nasri_close_up.ashx

DERP!

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:25 PM
i'm a big fan of fab, no bitterness toward why he left but whilst he plays for barca, he becomes one of their cunts, no exceptions.

nas, he's a guy making decisions for him, like we do in our own lives, and he's definitely replaceable. but he plays for a rival and he's a proper cunt now.

Meh Cesc has always been a Cunt lol, Pizza gate and all that but he was our Cunt lol, now he's a barca cun't lol.

Ralpheroo72
24-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Nasri is a money grabbing cunt, end of. What the fuck is Vieira doing tapping up our players though? His Holier than thou mantra seems to be a load of bollocks.

Ironing
25-08-2011, 12:28 AM
How the fuck would he know? Doesn't deserve passionate support, IMO.

Who knows how the fuck he knows, but it's true :)

Ironing
25-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Aye, when did you spot me in the crowd?

Nothing personal, it's not your fault the average fan has been priced out the game*

*emirates

hobson's choice
25-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Nasri is a money grabbing cunt, end of.

I never get this, what else do you work for other than making as much money as you can.:unsure:

fakeyank
25-08-2011, 04:48 AM
I never get this, what else do you work for other than making as much money as you can.:unsure:

He was going to make a very good amount even if he stayed with us but it wasnt just about the money was it? I mean money would be 70% of it but if we were seriously challenging for top honors, he couldve been persuaded to stay. We didnt sign anyone of note yet and sold Cesc.. Why would he stay? Unless I was born in North London, was Arsenal through and through since my birth, I'd understand but he wasnt a gooner before he joined us, so why the fuck would he stay? If we dont strengthen, next season it'll be RVP or Walcott or both..

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Good luck to Nasri.

Dont blame him at all.

Cesc is a cunt though. Fuck him

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Good luck to Nasri.

Dont blame him at all.

Cesc is a cunt though. Fuck him

Not really Cesc is a Legend Nasri's A Cunt and a lesbian looking one at that.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Not really Cesc is a Legend Nasri's A Cunt and a lesbian looking one at that.

Legend? Wtf?

Hes actually had to have done something to get legendary status.

Cesc has been looking to leave us for years. Nasri did what all of us would do and went for better money.

Hence Cesc = cunt

Nasri = a sensible cunt

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Legend? Wtf?

Hes actually had to have done something to get legendary status.

Cesc has been looking to leave us for years. Nasri did what all of us would do and went for better money.

Hence Cesc = cunt

Nasri = a sensible cunt

OK So Cesc ain't really a legend but compared to Cuntmir Nasri he is

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Disgraceful how the word Cunt is used so often these days.

Anyway im hoping Nasri flops obviously although it doesnt really affect us as Man City arent rivals for 4th place.

As for Cuntesc, he can go fuck himself. He'll be at Birmingham in a couple of years anyway

Boss
25-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Manchester City new boy Samir Nasri claims a lack of transfer activity at Arsenal convinced him that the time was right to move.

The France international completed a switch to the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, following a summer of speculation regarding his future.

Nasri made it clear early on that he was looking to make a fresh start, with contract talks shelved at Arsenal.
He is delighted to have joined a forward-thinking club, and one that can match his ambition.

The 24-year-old admits that he was left questioning his future and that of the Gunners towards the end of his stay at Emirates Stadium, and believes he had no choice but to look elsewhere.

Nasri told L'Equipe: "Why did I not sign a new contract with Arsenal? We started talking in October but by June I did not have any news and I didn't see anything happening in the transfer market. There comes a time when you have to invest.

"I have heard people say I have moved for money. I make a good living at City, that is true, but I am 24 years old and I have reached a turning point in my career and it was important that I joined a club with ambition.

"I believe I have more chance of winning titles at Manchester City than at Arsenal."

Nasri added: "When did I make my decision? Early in July, when we returned for pre-season. I told the coach (Arsene Wenger) that I wanted to leave.

"Is it a risk joining Manchester City? You have to take risks in life. I am not afraid to do so.

"There is a big squad here but competition is good, it makes you push yourself and stops you from becoming stale.

"Was that the case at Arsenal? Maybe."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11679_7123602,00.html?

Don't really think Nasri's said anything too wrong since he left, amusing to see the hatred on here.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Cuntesc also said he got stale and now Nasri?

Also dont disagree with anything Nasri said there. We've all been saying it for months.

Özim
25-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Don't really think Nasri's said anything too wrong since he left, amusing to see the hatred on here.
Agreed, he wanted to win stuff, we continued with our spend f*ck all policy after a disastrous season last season.....not surprise he wanted to leave.

The guy has done nothing wrong, one year left on his contract and he has the right not to re-sign....it was up to us to convince him to stay, we couldn't....it's fair game.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 12:16 PM

It's more what he didn't say, like the stuff about him being an ugly lesbian whore whose greed for money is only surpassed by his lust for Greenham Common camp protesters and their hairy, matted nether regions. Oh well, good luck to him anyway, hope he breaks his fucking back in his first run out with his new "ambitious" (bought for money), "atmospheric" (actually the survey placed us 11th and City 13th, fucking LOL) mercenary cunt-buddies.

He could have gone quietly and kept his fat mouth shut. He decide not to. Life is filled with twists and turns, we'll see what happens.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Fuck him. David Silva is twice the player.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Agreed, he wanted to win stuff, we continued with our spend f*ck all policy after a disastrous season last season.....not surprise he wanted to leave.

The guy has done nothing wrong, one year left on his contract and he has the right not to re-sign....it was up to us to convince him to stay, we couldn't....it's fair game.

Meh feck him he's a cunt plain and simple tbh We all know he left for money no matter was BS he comes out with, good luck to the Cunt anyways.

Fist of Lehmann
25-08-2011, 12:46 PM
If he wanted to win things, and the press reports were to be believed, why didn't he go to Utd instead?

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Former Gunners midfielder Cesc Fabregas has reacted to Samir Nasri's criticism of Arsenal's fans following his move to Manchester City. "I never felt as home as I was at Highbury," said Fabregas. "But it was the club's decision to move). We have to make you know, er, Arsenal have to make the Emirates Stadium their own home now."

Fabregs still thinking he plays for Arsenal :bow: Fabregas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/9572459.stm

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2011, 12:47 PM
If he wanted to win things, and the press reports were to be believed, why didn't he go to Utd instead?

Because he's a Money grabbing Lesbian Looking scum.

Letters
25-08-2011, 12:55 PM

You'd rather work for double the money in a job you hate rather than staying where you are in a job you really enjoy?
[not saying that was Nasri's choice, but there's more to work than earning as much as you can]

Nasri followed the money, plain and simple.

Ironing
25-08-2011, 12:57 PM
You'd rather work for double the money in a job you hate rather than staying where you are in a job you really enjoy?
[not saying that was Nasri's choice, but there's more to work than earning as much as you can]

Nasri followed the money, plain and simple.

How is it plain and simple when he's joined a team that are actually going to be challenging for trophies at the highest level, with a good chance of winning them no less

Letters
25-08-2011, 01:00 PM
How is it plain and simple when he's joined a team that are actually going to be challenging for trophies at the highest level, with a good chance of buying them no less

Just corrected your little typo there.

Boss
25-08-2011, 01:04 PM
:lol:

Amusing how loads of you will invent nonsense and twist facts to try and insult someone that simply didn't want to play for us and had no attachment to the club whatsoever.

Joker
25-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I think Nasri's not being completely honest about his motivations for leaving the club, and the thing that most annoys me is how he fails to accept responsibility for the end of season collapse last season, even though he put in shit performances from February onwards that contributed to our crap form.

Nevertheless, he's completely correct when he says City have more chance of winning something than Arsenal. Regarding the fans' lack of "passion", I think that's crap, because the away fans last season were very vocal in their support for Nasri. However, the exorbitant ticket prices at home has prevented many loyal supporters from attending games, and that contributes to a poor atmosphere at times.

Compare that to City, where despite all the complaining about Sheikh Mansour ruining football, he's actually been sensible and kept prices low, so as not to price out hardcore supporters.

Darth Vela
25-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Let's put it this way, he's either a calculating bastard who knew how to get the most money after playing out of his skin for a few months then stop caring once the move is arranged or he's a horrendous bottler who can't do it once there's a smidgen of pressure, my money's on the former.

Letters
25-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Amusing how loads of you will invent nonsense and twist facts to try and insult someone that simply didn't want to play for us and had no attachment to the club whatsoever.

Are you new here?

Also, why didn't he have any attachment to the club? He's not a local lad but the fans sung his name loud and long last season, even when he stopped playing well, which he did. City aren't the only side who will challenge for trophies this year. They are the only club who will drive a sodding great truck of money to his house every week though. I don't have a huge problem with him going but let's not pretend it was for some noble reason. He had half a good season and wanted double the money.

Joker
25-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Are you new here?

Also, why didn't he have any attachment to the club? He's not a local lad but the fans sung his name loud and long last season, even when he stopped playing well, which he did. City aren't the only side who will challenge for trophies this year. They are the only club who will drive a sodding great truck of money to his house every week though. I don't have a huge problem with him going but let's not pretend it was for some noble reason. He had half a good season and wanted double the money.

I agree that he only had a very good half season and when the pressure increased in the new year, he either bottled it or showed that he's not as good as some think he is. Nevertheless, we'll find out the truth when he plays for City whether he's the real deal or just a half decent player capable of sporadic moments of brilliance.

No, he didn't leave for noble reasons but he is more likely to win trophies at City, no doubt about it.

Boss
25-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Let's break down why the arguments made above against Nasri are wrong, innit.

1. Fans sing for all players, let's not pretend like he'll get any less support at City if he puts in the same level of performances.

2. 'wanted double the money'. No basis in that. If you've been naively misled by the press who claimed his reason for not signing was due to money (a few have on here) then the claimed amount he wanted was 110k per week when we were offering 90k. He was on 70k odd (again according to the press).

3. If he was truly a money grabbing c*nt as claimed, he would have played out the last year of his contract for us, picked up a 10M+ signing bonus for any club he desired next season and still have seen the same wages (or higher, most probably).

4. In the three times he's spoken about why he wants to leave, all have been about ambition. There's no doubting that Citeh have shown more ambition than we have this season. He said if Wenger bought players he'd stay, Wenger didn't so he left. Clichy joined them for the same reason.

5. For the silly people above asking 'if he wasn't interested in money why didn't he go to United' - well two reasons. a) They hadn't made a concrete bid for him at the amount we wanted and b) Wenger probably didn't want to sell one of our only world class players to United. We seem to have no problem selling to Citeh, probably because they tend to overpay.

6. The comments he made about how our home support is bad... that's been mentioned a few times in the press and is generally seen as valid. Let's not forget he's moved to a new club and has probably been asked biased questions; he also wants to fit in with Citeh fans.

We're stuck with the club because we support it, so we have to 'accept' frustrating things like lack of additions to the team, the year after year selling of our better players etc. Players that play for the club don't.

Nasri plays for Citeh now so I don't want him doing well but I honestly don't see the need for some of the inaccurate comments on here and unnecessary stuff hoping he breaks his leg etc.

Let's not forget Henry left the club after just two seasons of being trophyless; Fabregas stayed six years more. He's another that shouldn't be criticised. If all the comments made on here about players leaving us were true, we have a collection of some of the most disloyal players to ever set foot in the game, which is difficult to believe of course.

Ironing
25-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Just corrected your little typo there.

Whatever mate, he'll be playing in a team that WINS, with other professionals of the highest footballing standard, instead of alongside the likes of bendtner, denilson, squillaci and co (and whoever the next super-quality™ recruit the boss brings in)

If you've ever played any form of football you'll know the value a) winning games and b) being surrounded by players who are at least equal or even better than you

Joker
25-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah the breaking leg comments are pathetic, especially considering what has happened to Arsenal players in recent seasons. I don't rate Nasri as highly as some do, and I hope he fails at City, but I would never want anyone's leg to be broken. Like I said, I don't like the way Nasri failed to show up in the second half of last season and not taking responsibility for that reflects badly on him, but some of the hate towards him is excessive. Moreover, at least he took part in our preseason campaign, despite informing Wenger he was going to leave in early July. Moreover, he performed well against Liverpool, despite knowing he was leaving. This doesn't make up for the fact he let us down last season, but people need a sense of perspective. Cesc deserves more opprobium poured on him IMO, given he feigned injury to avoid turning up for preaseason.

Letters
25-08-2011, 01:31 PM
1. Fans sing for all players

They don't actually. I do go to games you know.
Nasri's song was by far the most prominent of last season. Very few players have 'songs' right now as we don't have many heros out there.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Lesbian is wrong, plain and simple. It's immoral. Unless both the women are attractive, which clearly isn't the case with Nasri.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 01:42 PM
we have a collection of some of the most disloyal players to ever set foot in the game

Very true. Well said. But you shouldn't just blame Nasri. Most players are like this now.

Letters
25-08-2011, 01:43 PM
4. In the three times he's spoken about why he wants to leave, all have been about ambition. There's no doubting that Citeh have shown more ambition than we have this season.

There is absolutely nothing ambitious about throwing silly amounts of money around.
It's ambitious to try and do things the hard way, not turn the Football Manager Infinite Money cheat on (which is effectively what they're doing).

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah the breaking leg comments are pathetic, especially considering what has happened to Arsenal players in recent seasons. I don't rate Nasri as highly as some do, and I hope he fails at City, but I would never want anyone's leg to be broken. Like I said, I don't like the way Nasri failed to show up in the second half of last season and not taking responsibility for that reflects badly on him, but some of the hate towards him is excessive. Moreover, at least he took part in our preseason campaign, despite informing Wenger he was going to leave in early July. Moreover, he performed well against Liverpool, despite knowing he was leaving. This doesn't make up for the fact he let us down last season, but people need a sense of perspective. Cesc deserves more opprobium poured on him IMO, given he feigned injury to avoid turning up for preaseason.

Agree. The leg break comments are despicable and unnecessary. That's why I went for him breaking his back. If even I can be sensitive about these things then I'm thinking everyone else can make an effort!

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 01:46 PM
6. The comments he made about how our home support is bad... that's been mentioned a few times in the press and is generally seen as valid. Let's not forget he's moved to a new club and has probably been asked biased questions; he also wants to fit in with Citeh fans.

Believe it or not there was a survey done on volume levels at the various PL stadiums last season. Arsenal came out 11th noisiest, City were...

13th.

So fuck and die really, Samir Nasri.

Letters
25-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Believe it or not there was a survey done on volume levels at the various PL stadiums last season. Arsenal came out 11th noisiest, City were...

13th.

So fuck and die really, Samir Nasri.

Yeah, but Nasri didn't talk about volume, he said their fans have tattoos.
Tattoos!
Take that, Gooners, that's passion!

Edinburgh Gooner
25-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Tattoos!

My one and only tattooo is the Arsenal cannon!!!! At least our supporters watch the game rather than trying to see what the dinner lady is cooking for half time munch. What a bunch of Twats teh Citeh fans are. Can't even come up with an original, they have to steal some Polish pub teams supporters ideas.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Tattoos!

Yeah they get tattoos of a local rival's star player cos there is some bs in The Sun stating that he wants to sign for Citeh. Is that guy still alive, or has he been lynched?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah they get tattoos of a local rival's star player cos there is some bs in The Sun stating that he wants to sign for Citeh. Is that guy still alive, or has he been lynched?

I think that article was as real as Dennis Lachter.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Tattoos!

Plenty of ink poisoning and laser burn therapy to come for those muppets if they are dumb enough to be tattooing players' names on their arse. Cunts will be wandering around with a "tattooist in attendance", screaming in agony trying to keep up with all the random transfer activity.

Not sure why some people easily accept Nasri did what was right for Nasri but instantly dismiss the fact Nasri did not do what was right for Arsenal and we were the club paying his wages and giving him the platform to make his name. And I don't mean signing a new contract, fair enough that was up to him to say yes or no. I mean when we really needed him to step up, where the fuck was he then? Last season? Half a job is as good as no job at all. He can talk about ambition and winning all he wants but it's far more likely he LACKS ambition and I'll tell you why. It would have been hugely ambitious for himself and the rest of the players at Arsenal to say, fuck this, we have enough here to win so lets go and do that. That would be ambition. Sliding into to a billionaire club that will simply buy whatever is required to engineer the desired result, where's the ambition in that? How can ambition exist where there is no challenge? Give me a fucking helicopter ride to the top of a mountain and I'll beat the best mountaineer to the summit. Then I could look down and call him a loser! Samir Nasri doesn't have a clue and he is, indeed and without doubt, a cunt.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Sell the CUNTS!!!

:tumbleweed:

Boss
25-08-2011, 02:37 PM
They don't actually. I do go to games you know.
Nasri's song was by far the most prominent of last season. Very few players have 'songs' right now as we don't have many heros out there.

Thought it was clear that I mean players of Nasri's ability (assuming they're putting in the performances, ofc). Doubt Eastmond gets too many fans singing about his (lack of) talent.

Boss
25-08-2011, 02:38 PM
There is absolutely nothing ambitious about throwing silly amounts of money around.
It's ambitious to try and do things the hard way, not turn the Football Manager Infinite Money cheat on (which is effectively what they're doing).

Ambition: desire and determination to achieve success

The dictionary seems to disagree with you.

Darth Vela
25-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, going by that definition, every single team in the Premiership is showing exactly the same amount of ambition, it's not the best word to use at all, it's just a buzz word thrown out there to criticise anyone not doing what someone else thinks is best.

Whatever Citeh are doing is different to what we're doing but it all has the same aim in mind, winning trophies.

Boss
25-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Change 'success' to 'trophies' and it's spot on.

And let's not try and pretend that we're matching our ambition to win trophies with the same actions that Citeh are taking (admittedly in some part due to a restriction, finance).

Let's stop being pedantic and look at how it's no coincidence that our top players want a change in the steps Wenger takes to try and win trophies (namely adding more quality).

Citeh are doing that, don't think most top players care 'how'.

Syn
25-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Oh fuck, we're going to get into a philosophical debate about what 'success' is, aren't we? (no, it's not just trophies you glory-cunting muppets); that said, doing things the hard way isn't necessarily ambitious if there is an easier path open...artificially making things hard is just stupid, not ambitious. Arsenal at the moment are stupid. And so is all your faces.

Letters
25-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh fuck, we're going to get into a philosophical debate about what 'success' is, aren't we? (no, it's not just trophies you glory-cunting muppets); that said, doing things the hard way isn't necessarily ambitious if there is an easier path open...artificially making things hard is just stupid, not ambitious. Arsenal at the moment are stupid. And so is all your faces.

So are all our faces. :sulk:

Letters
25-08-2011, 03:14 PM
The dictionary seems to disagree with you.

OK. So if, to run with Niall Quinn's post, I want to try to climb a mountain and I get a helicoptor to drop me at the top then I'm being really ambitious and I've achieved 'success'.

If you say so.

Ironing
25-08-2011, 03:23 PM
So you're saying Nasri should be just as happy to lose / underachieve with Arsenal (and our mediocre squad-players who can barely control/pass/finish), than win with City (and their array of superstars)? What loyalty should he have to the club? He's a french kid and only been here 3 years.

Don't forget to factor in that as a club we haven't been "trying our best" to compete - for the past 6 years we've been doing the bare minimum in terms of improving the squad to compete for titles, given our resources. We are top of the chart for net transfer spend!

Meaning, with a bit more investment over the years and better decision making on playing staff, we could have easily been more competitive over this period. It's not the case that we've tried our best and failed. We HAVEN'T tried our best, and failed as a result. This is why the fans are frustrated, and why shouldn't the players be too?

Boss
25-08-2011, 03:26 PM
OK. So if, to run with Niall Quinn's post, I want to try to climb a mountain and I get a helicoptor to drop me at the top then I'm being really ambitious and I've achieved 'success'.

If you say so.

If money guaranteed success (reaching the top) you'd be right.

Have Man City won the league? Have Chelsea won the Champions League yet? Have Real Madrid won the league / CL in the last few years?

Have ADUG tried to take a team that regularly finished 15th and tried to make them into world champions? Yes.

The fastest way to compete with the top is money, you complain that the league is predictable and then complain when someone does what's required to compete?

Letters
25-08-2011, 03:35 PM
If money guaranteed success (reaching the top) you'd be right.

Have Man City won the league?

No, but give it time, they've only just started. It took Chelsea a few years too and they started higher than City were.
But they've won the FA Cup already for the first time in your life, possibly the first time in mine.
Co-incidence? You decide.
Chelsea hadn't won the league in my lifetime till Uncle Abramovic came along.

The fastest way to compete with the top is money, you complain that the league is predictable and then complain when someone does what's required to compete?

Yes, because football is a sport, not a business. It shouldn't just be about who has the most money and it increasingly is.
It's not City's fault that it's that way and yes, they're taking the quick way, possibly the only way, to success. But don't expect me happy about what they're doing or the state of football these days which allows them to do it.

Ironing
25-08-2011, 03:36 PM

If you say so.

Dumb analogy. The success of the team is based on... the whole team. Climbing a mountain is down to one person. Nasri can't be responsible for how arsenal have underachieved as a team, and he can't make them win on his own.

He's already climbed his own 'mountain' - he's highly paid and at a club where he at least has a CHANCE of winning something

Letters
25-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Dumb analogy.

You only think it's dumb because from your response you clearly didn't understand it.

Ironing
25-08-2011, 04:03 PM
You only think it's dumb because from your response you clearly didn't understand it.

tbf you are right. I didn't read the post you quoted. Thought you were talking about Nasri's 'ambition' rather than City's. Understandable really since you don't seem get why he'd chose them over arsenal!

Özim
25-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't see why people expect loyalty from our foreign players to be honest.

They haven't really grown up supporting the club, we don't really shown much ambition in terms of transfers and constantly reiterate the fact 4th is a great achievement.

If I was a player and was at a club who didn't really aim for success I'd be looking to move on at some stage as I think to have medals at the end of your career gives you something to show for your efforts.

Le Tissier was a great footballer but do you know what, he'll never be as a good as he could have been had he moved to a top club challenging for honours, had he done so he'd had something to show for his talent and would be remembered far more fondly.

At the end of the day what does Nasri owe the club, had we not signed him someone else would, he was one of the best French talents after all...I don't think we've done a huge amount for him, nothing that he wouldn't have got elsewhere anyway.

Letters
25-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Le Tissier is remembered very fondly. He was a great player who chose the club he had most affinity with over a big money move and glory hunting.
I'm sure he doesn't regret it for an instant and I admire him for it.

I don't expect modern footballers to do that at all but I have respect for someone who recognises that life isn't all about money and relentlessly trying to get to the top at the expense of personal happiness.

Özim
25-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Le Tissier is remembered very fondly. He was a great player who chose the club he had most affinity with over a big money move and glory hunting.
I'm sure he doesn't regret it for an instant and I admire him for it.

I don't expect modern footballers to do that at all but I have respect for someone who recognises that life isn't all about money and relentlessly trying to get to the top at the expense of personal happiness.
Would have been a much better player had he moved and challenged himself to be honest.

Does anyone remember anything he did, all I remember is him scoring some nice goals in meaningless matches.

I'm sure if he met up with some Man U old boys he'd have some regrets when they show him their medals and he has none.

Very talented footballer who achieved nothing unfortunately for him.

As for Nasri I don't for one instant think it's solely about money, moving to Man City means playing with some of the world's best players, likely success on top of more money.

Not really hard to see why that would appeal, if we'd shown more ambition in the transfer market (let's face it loads of our own players have asked for this over the years) we might have been able to keep some of these guys.

Özim
25-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Interesting that Nasri cited playing with players like Silva and Aguero/Tevez as important as well, big players like to play with top players, we use to offer that but nowadays all we have is project/unknowns and kids which aren't going to bring players here.

He also mentioned Vieira and how he's a legend and also influenced his decision, think we need some recognisable faces around the club, players other players look up to and if still playing want to play alongside.

I actually think signing recognisable players does make a difference both in terms of morale but also in your ability to attract/keep players, at the moment we really have noone.

Letters
25-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Would have been a much better player had he moved and challenged himself to be honest.

Does anyone remember anything he did, all I remember is him scoring some nice goals in meaningless matches.

I'm sure if he met up with some Man U old boys he'd have some regrets when they show him their medals and he has none.

Very talented footballer who achieved nothing unfortunately for him.

He wouldn't have been a better player, he would have won more medals but he knew that.
Yes, I remember plenty he did, I always enjoyed watching him play.
I don't think he has any regrets, I've certainly not heard him express any. He knew the deal, he was happy where he was and valued that more highly than medals. Good for him. He could have moved on at any time but he never did so he was clearly happy with his choice.
Not everyone thinks like you. It's very clear that you're a glory hunter, Le Tissier wasn't, it seems he valued the friends and family and the area he lived in and, for him, that was more important.

Özim
25-08-2011, 07:09 PM
He wouldn't have been a better player, he would have won more medals but he knew that.
Yes, I remember plenty he did, I always enjoyed watching him play.
I don't think he has any regrets, I've certainly not heard him express any. He knew the deal, he was happy where he was and valued that more highly than medals. Good for him. He could have moved on at any time but he never did so he was clearly happy with his choice.
Not everyone thinks like you. It's very clear that you're a glory hunter, Le Tissier wasn't, it seems he valued the friends and family and the area he lived in and, for him, that was more important.
Some people have no ambition what can you say, guess it's why they never achieve anything.

LeTissier being one, such a shame that he wasted his talent when he could have shown off his skills on the biggest stage. I think he would have been a better player, because inevitably playing with better players around you also has an effect.

It's not gloryhunting, it's common sense to be honest...you want something to show for your career rather than just money.

Boss
25-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Not sure how we've gone from defending Nasri to Le Tissier :lol:

That said, no one remembers Le Tissier or rates him apart from Southampton fans cos he wasn't brave enough to step up to the next level. Failed internationally as well. :rose:

Says it all, I'm afraid.

Özim
25-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Not sure how we've gone from defending Nasri to Le Tissier :lol:

That said, no one remembers Le Tissier or rates him apart from Southampton fans cos he wasn't brave enough to step up to the next level. Failed internationally as well. :rose:

Says it all, I'm afraid.
Sums it up perfectly, shame though as he was amazingly talented.

fakeyank
25-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Who is Le Tosser? I remember reading his names here n there but dont know how he looks like or what he did. But then from what I read, Le Tosser doesnt care as he has family n friends and a shit bank account.

I agree 100% with Zim. If we showed ambition, we'd have a lot more players around but AW is hell bent on dragging this club down.. so what can you say?! Also, do see the mention by Nasri and Cesc about going 'stale'. There is no fuckin competition.. I mean Cesc vs our entire midfield and Cesc would win even if he is one legged. Nasri on the other hand vs the dross we have... now, I dont rate Nasri very highly but when you compare him to the shitkickers we have, then he does seem like lil Zizou!

Edinburgh Gooner
25-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Who is Le Tosser? I remember reading his names here n there but dont know how he looks like or what he did. But then from what I read, Le Tosser doesnt care as he has family n friends and a shit bank account.

I agree 100% with Zim. If we showed ambition, we'd have a lot more players around but AW is hell bent on dragging this club down.. so what can you say?! Also, do see the mention by Nasri and Cesc about going 'stale'. There is no fuckin competition.. I mean Cesc vs our entire midfield and Cesc would win even if he is one legged. Nasri on the other hand vs the dross we have... now, I dont rate Nasri very highly but when you compare him to the shitkickers we have, then he does seem like lil Zizou!

Matt le Tessier....

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2008/11/22/1227352691615/Matt-Le-Tissier-001.jpg

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Le Tissier was awesome tbh.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Le Tissier was awesome tbh.

Letters
25-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Sums it up perfectly, shame though as he was amazingly talented.

How do you know if you don't remember him?

:cool:

Özim
25-08-2011, 09:11 PM
How do you know if you don't remember him?

:cool:
I remember he was very skillful and scored goals, just don't remember anything of significance he did. Had he won them a trophy he might be more memorable.

Letters
25-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd say being skillful and scoring goals are pretty significant if you're a striker.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I'd say being skillful and scoring goals are pretty significant if you're a striker.

If we are still talking about Le Tiss, I remember he had a mean free kick and I always wanted to see him in an Arsenal shirt. But the one stand out bit of him was his LOYALTY. He never considered leaving Southampton.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Le Tiss is an icon for pure talent and above all else loyalty. He loved one club, played for that club and he's an absolute legend for the fans of that club. Right up there with Bergkamp in terms of talent. If there were a few Le Tissiers in the league today we'd be a whole lot better off. As it is we have to settle for cheap and very inferior imitations like Samir Nasri. Football has fallen a long way.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I remember that great winner he scored against us in Southamptons last game at The Dell. Good player.

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 06:17 AM
I remember that great winner he scored against us in Southamptons last game at The Dell. Good player.

He's shit. Didn't win a trophy.

IBK
26-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I think this debate is in reality less about footballers and more about football in general. Part of what makes (has made) the game so great is the identity of the clubs, the players and their fans; the passion; the tribalism and the endeavour. Whether a football player is traditionally a fan of the club he plays for - its inevitable that fans should expect him to play for the shirt in some degree while he is at the club. Its fine to point to 'model professionals' - but football players are human beings not robots, and without that pride in, and affinity with their team and their team mates then they are not going to perform to the best of their ability. We have all seen those players who give their heart and soul to their clubs - and what they mean to their teams and their fans.

You take that 'X-factor away, and the game loses something. And it is rapidly doing so. Talented players who are essentially playing for a pay packet, directed by agents who are interested only in snouting at the trough in a game bloated by money and greed. I don't particularly blame the likes of Nasri, who are after all only operating in the environment they are presented with - but I can well understand the antipathy that supporters feel towards players who come across as coolly professional rather than passionate about the club they play for.

And this is also why the likes of Citeh don't sit right with most football players. Its the calculating manner in which they are determined to use their financial muscle to buy their way to the top and the almost obscene amounts they are prepared to spend to get there. Its a matter of degree of course - there have always been the haves and the have nots, but there is a feeling that if football is reduced merely to a question of who has the biggest cheque book, the essence of what the game is about is lost.

Syn
26-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I think this debate is in reality less about footballers and more about football in general. Part of what makes (has made) the game so great is the identity of the clubs, the players and their fans; the passion; the tribalism and the endeavour. Whether a football player is traditionally a fan of the club he plays for - its inevitable that fans should expect him to play for the shirt in some degree while he is at the club. Its fine to point to 'model professionals' - but football players are human beings not robots, and without that pride in, and affinity with their team and their team mates then they are not going to perform to the best of their ability. We have all seen those players who give their heart and soul to their clubs - and what they mean to their teams and their fans.

You take that 'X-factor away, and the game loses something. And it is rapidly doing so. Talented players who are essentially playing for a pay packet, directed by agents who are interested only in snouting at the trough in a game bloated by money and greed. I don't particularly blame the likes of Nasri, who are after all only operating in the environment they are presented with - but I can well understand the antipathy that supporters feel towards players who come across as coolly professional rather than passionate about the club they play for.

And this is also why the likes of Citeh don't sit right with most football players. Its the calculating manner in which they are determined to use their financial muscle to buy their way to the top and the almost obscene amounts they are prepared to spend to get there. Its a matter of degree of course - there have always been the haves and the have nots, but there is a feeling that if football is reduced merely to a question of who has the biggest cheque book, the essence of what the game is about is lost.

Oh you're not wrong. Top level football is utter shit these days for so many reasons.

Coney
26-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh you're not wrong. Top level football is utter shit these days for so many reasons.

Good job we aren't top level then. 2% away from being utter shit.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Udinese game was a pleasant throwback. Two entertaining teams going for it. First match I've actually enjoyed for a good while.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3775461/New-Manchester-City-star-Samir-Nasri-claims-Arsenal-lack-ambition.html

Nasri, delusional, ungrateful, contradictory, lazy, greedy little prick. Hear why from his own gobby gob. What a professional, taking his foot off the gas in return for tens of thousands of quid a week, taken straight out of the fans' pockets - the same fans he demands show him respect just because he didn't speak about his greed and disloyalty before he fled up the motorway. A coward too, I see.

See you on the pitch fuck wit. That's if you even make the team which, should you decide to take your foot off the gas again, I doubt you will. Either way, fuck you very much for nothing and I hope you get all that you deserve. And we'll still sing songs in your memory even though you'e gone.

"Samir Nasri is a cunt..."

SayNoMore
26-08-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3775461/New-Manchester-City-star-Samir-Nasri-claims-Arsenal-lack-ambition.html

Nasri, delusional, ungrateful, contradictory, lazy, greedy little prick. Hear why from his own gobby gob. What a professional, taking his foot off the gas in return for tens of thousands of quid a week, taken straight out of the fans' pockets - the same fans he demands show him respect just because he didn't speak about his greed and disloyalty before he fled up the motorway. A coward too, I see.

See you on the pitch fuck wit. That's if you even make the team which, should you decide to take your foot off the gas again, I doubt you will. Either way, fuck you very much for nothing and I hope you get all that you deserve. And we'll still sing songs in your memory even though you'e gone.

Such a lesbo bowcat fanny licking cunt! I hate him, should have been a man and fought with us. Now hes just another b*** who will be despised by most for the money grabbing ship jumping bitch he is.... Wonderful footballer though and again, Arsenal losing out for not getting to grips with modern football.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Arsenal were 'sensible' to cash in on Samir Nasri, but Harry Redknapp feels the midfielder has joined Manchester City for money.

Nasri finally resolved his future earlier this week after the Gunners accepted City's £24million offer for a player who was in the final year of his contract.

Live on Sky Sports
vs Man Utd v Arsenal
August 28, 2011 3:30pm

.Remote Record..The loss of Nasri, so soon after Cesc Fabregas left for Barcelona, has led to criticism of Arsene Wenger and the extent of the club's ambition.

However, ahead of the Gunners' trip to Old Trafford on Sunday, Manchester United manager Ferguson has backed the decision to sell the France international.

Inevitable
"We are all in the same boat," said Ferguson.

"When a player gets to the last two years of his contract you have an issue. One: you persuade him to sign a new contract. Two: he doesn't want to sign a new contract. Three: When he gets to that last year it is almost inevitable you have a problem.

"We have had issues at times with players getting into the last year. We are not alone.

"When a player is not going to sign a contract you can threaten to keep him for another year and not get anything for him or capitalise and get the money.

"It is sensible to take the money."

The Red Devils were also linked with a move for Nasri, who has stated that the chance to win trophies was the key factor behind his decision to join Roberto Mancini's side.

But Tottenham manager Redknapp, whose team host City on Sunday, feels the financial rewards on offer at the Etihad Stadium were a greater incentive for Nasri to move.

"I don't believe that, no. He could have gone to Man Utd," Redknapp said.

"He wanted to go to Man Utd, that's what I heard. But then Man City came in and offered him more money again so he went to Man City. That's how it goes. It's just a shirt and off we go.".

Well done Arry for telling it how it is.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7127734,00.html

Özim
27-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Man U didn't have a bid accepted so not sure how he could move there.

Boss
27-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Let's not use facts to stop a little bit of whining.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 11:07 AM

Same way Fabregas engineered his move to Barca, I suppose. He could have refused to sign the contract and refuse to listen to any offers except those coming from Utd. Very simple really. If there were no offers this year I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem next year when the fee would be a big fat zero.

Fucking amazing really how much time people spend on here defending the players that have left the club. Call me fucked in the head (which would be justified to be fair) but as Arsenal fans shouldn't we just hate this Nasri cunt by default? Of course he went for money, he couldn't have made it any more obvious. He's a greedy, greedy, cunt. Simple.

Nasri had no ties to use, he's a mercenary twat. He's not the only one. But he's sure as hell not this good guy looking to be ambitious and doing it all for the love of the game. Don;t make me laugh.

Özim
27-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Same way Fabregas engineered his move to Barca, I suppose. He could have refused to sign the contract and refuse to listen to any offers except those coming from Utd. Very simple really. If there were no offers this year I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem next year when the fee would be a big fat zero.

Fucking amazing really how much time people spend on here defending the players that have left the club. Call me fucked in the head (which would be justified to be fair) but as Arsenal fans shouldn't we just hate this Nasri cunt by default? Of course he went for money, he couldn't have made it any more obvious. He's a greedy, greedy, cunt. Simple.

Nasri had no ties to use, he's a mercenary twat. He's not the only one. But he's sure as hell not this good guy looking to be ambitious and doing it all for the love of the game. Don;t make me laugh.
Not the same at all, we had no other bids for Cesc, he was Barca through and through and the move had been on the cards for years.

It's strange you've been complaining about what's been happening including lack of spending, not sorting out problem areas, poor tactics and no desire yet you're surprised when the better players want to leave when they've had enough.

Would you stick around or re-sign if your contract was running out?

Maybe he is a mercenary, but why shouldn't he be, he's got no ties with us and frankly why would a top player want to stick around when there's opportunities to win stuff and get more money at the same time elsewhere?

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Not the same at all, we had no other bids for Cesc, he was Barca through and through and the move had been on the cards for years.

It's strange you've been complaining about what's been happening including lack of spending, not sorting out problem areas, poor tactics and no desire yet you're surprised when the better players want to leave when they've had enough.

Maybe he is a mercenary, but why shouldn't he be, he's got no ties with us and frankly why would a top player want to stick around when there's opportunities to win stuff and get more money at the same time elsewhere?

Nah Nasri is an idiot who went for money but you keep believing he went to be ambitious if it make you feel better.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 11:30 AM

He's Contradits himselt in that article.

Nasri did, however, have some kind words for Gunners manager Arsene Wenger and called on Arsenal to keep faith with his fellow Frenchman. He added: "I owe Arsene a huge debt. It's thanks to him that I became an international — he really made me realise what I can do and I'll forever be grateful to him.

"The only thing I would say is trust Arsene Wenger.

"He knows what he is doing. He is a wonderful human being and deserves a lot of respect."

He cotradicts him self he says he went to city coz he thinks he will win trophys but then at the end says that arsenal should stick wenger coz he knows what hes doing which if he really fought he would have stayed put !

Özim
27-08-2011, 12:06 PM
He's Contradits himselt in that article.

He cotradicts him self he says he went to city coz he thinks he will win trophys but then at the end says that arsenal should stick wenger coz he knows what hes doing which if he really fought he would have stayed put !
I don't know if you've noticed but all the players say Wenger is the right man for the job and is a great man etc etc....that's because the guy is more interested in being the good guy than managing these guys.

Adebayor, Nasri, Cesc and many before him have said the same, maybe he should start taking a harder line when players aren't performing for a change.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Or maybe the fact that all the people who work with him say that he is the best man for the job means he's actually a pretty good manager.

SayNoMore
27-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Its easy to look back at a former workplace or any experience in hindsight and praise it etc, but the actions of nasri and ade said all that was needed to be said. Say no more. If they believed any of what they said they wudnt be at city or tottenham respectively.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Talk is cheap, I guess.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Its easy to look back at a former workplace or any experience in hindsight and praise it etc, but the actions of nasri and ade said all that was needed to be said. Say no more. If they believed any of what they said they wudnt be at city or tottenham respectively.

Not really, There are loads of people who go into a new job with respect for their old bosses etc. Does not mean that should reamain in the place. if they have a better offer etc, if hey feel its time to move on they will.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Like I said Wenger is known to play the good guy, his players are all important and he does everything to keep them happy and help them...even when they want to move.

It's no surprise they praise him and call him their 2nd Dad.

The best managers aren't interested in being popular, they're more interested in doing what it takes to win...if that comes with being popular so be it, if not who cares.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 01:39 PM

I'd be made up for the rest of my life if I had any sort of playing contract at Arsenal. And there's no way I'd ever move to another team, wouldn't care if they were offering a million quid a week. £90K is more than I could spend AND I'd be playing footie instead of doing a job, for the club I've supported since I was a nipper? I'd move to Manchester fucking 'ave it Liam Gallagher City? You're shitting me right? I'd carry a pen around 24/7 on the off-chance I was asked to re-sign.

I don't kiss the club badge though, I don't feel the need to confirm my support for the club by making empty gestures for TV cameras. And that's about the most you can expect out of the cunts who play the game today. Our cunts we support, everyone else's cunt players we hate. You get that much, don't you?

If Nasri had had enough after actually delivering something back for the fans, fair enough. But he's run off to make his life easier at City. Obviously the challenge here was a little too much for the poor little lesbian twat. If he'd wanted to go to Utd he could have easily engineered the move, he held all the cards. Anyone who thinks he hasn't gone for money is ignoring the facts.

What you say is true, he had no ties with us. He took the money and gave nothing back, admits he didn't give 100%, tries to blame somebody else for that fact, wants respect despite this, gets the hump when the people who made him rich call him what he is, a cunt. I'm not denying what Nasri has done, I'm just saying he's a cunt for being the sort of shallow, cowardly, weak piece of shit that he plainly is. We're arguing two different points here. You're telling me what he's done and saying that's the way player's behave these days, I'm saying okay, fine, you have a point. But I'm not going to cut him some slack because he's one miserable cunt among many. A cunt's a cunt, right?

Ernesto
27-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I'd be made up for the rest of my life if I had any sort of playing contract at Arsenal. And there's no way I'd ever move to another team, wouldn't care if they were offering a million quid a week. £90K is more than I could spend AND I'd be playing footie instead of doing a job, for the club I've supported since I was a nipper? I'd move to Manchester fucking 'ave it Liam Gallagher City? You're shitting me right? I'd carry a pen around 24/7 on the off-chance I was asked to re-sign.

I don't kiss the club badge though, I don't feel the need to confirm my support for the club by making empty gestures for TV cameras. And that's about the most you can expect out of the cunts who play the game today. Our cunts we support, everyone else's cunt players we hate. You get that much, don't you?

If Nasri had had enough after actually delivering something back for the fans, fair enough. But he's run off to make his life easier at City. Obviously the challenge here was a little too much for the poor little lesbian twat. If he'd wanted to go to Utd he could have easily engineered the move, he held all the cards. Anyone who thinks he hasn't gone for money is ignoring the facts.

What you say is true, he had no ties with us. He took the money and gave nothing back, admits he didn't give 100%, tries to blame somebody else for that fact, wants respect despite this, gets the hump when the people who made him rich call him what he is, a cunt. I'm not denying what Nasri has done, I'm just saying he's a cunt for being the sort of shallow, cowardly, weak piece of shit that he plainly is. We're arguing two different points here. You're telling me what he's done and saying that's the way player's behave these days, I'm saying okay, fine, you have a point. But I'm not going to cut him some slack because he's one miserable cunt among many. A cunt's a cunt, right?

Good post.

Letters
28-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Or maybe the fact that all the people who work with him say that he is the best man for the job means he's actually a pretty good manager.

:lol: Yeah, that could be it.
Some people will twist anything to criticise Wenger, even people praising him. Whaddaya do? :shrug:

Coney
28-08-2011, 11:53 AM

Fair dinkum. :good:

I'll wash my mouth out in acid after saying this, but if I was a player leaving a club and wanted success with a choice of Citeh or manu, I'd go to manu where there is a consistent proven track record for over a decade of SAF getting a successful team to win the league and other trophies. And I'd have the UK press and media creaming their jeans over me ever time I succeeded in kicking a ball even if it didn't do anything.

Coney
28-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Also....

When is a thread with the current title going to stop??????

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has revealed that he held discussions with Paris Saint-Germain about a potential move to the French giants this summer.

The 24-year-old, who joined Roberto Mancini's ambitious City from Arsenal last week, says that PSG's sporting director Leonardo, who coached Inter Milan in the second half of last season, wanted to sign him.

"I talked to Leonardo because he wanted me at Internazionale," Nasri told Telefoot. "(At PSG) the situation was a bit more complex because I told him about my choice for Manchester City.

"He had already signed (Javier) Pastore (from Palermo) and it was a little difficult (for them) to find funds to invest and be able to sign me."

Nasri, who played for French giants Marseille between 2004 and 2008, made his City debut on Sunday afternoon against Tottenham Hotspur and provided three assists in their 5-1 victory at White Hart Lane.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137644,00.html

Nasri should really shut up and focus on city tbh

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2011, 07:57 PM
The lesbian focuses on one thing only. Fucking lesbian cunt.

Coney
30-08-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137644,00.html

Nasri should really shut up and focus on city tbh

Nasri should really shut up and focus on the money tbh

Syn
30-08-2011, 11:53 AM
The lesbian focuses on one thing only. Fucking lesbian cunt.

dazthegooner
30-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Arsenal ladies maybe striped of there premier league title as they have fielded Nasri for at least 10 matches (who knew) ;)

Xhaka Can’t
31-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Arsenal ladies maybe striped of there premier league title as they have fielded Nasri for at least 10 matches (who knew) ;)

Im surprised they won anything with him in the team.

Coney
31-08-2011, 12:14 PM

All carpet munchers look the same to me.