Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LDG
23-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Jack :bow:

Also, been left out of the U-21's.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-05-2011, 03:32 PM
just made a thread about this lol, mods can merge mine into this if the like lol.

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 04:00 PM
In the regular England squad apparently.

Titi14
23-05-2011, 07:31 PM
WOOOOOOO!!! Now he can focus on enjoying his summer and providing plenty of entertaining stories for the papers and this thread! Long live Sir Jack

Arsenal Fan
23-05-2011, 07:53 PM
great news

Maestro
23-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Finally the FA and Pearce see sense, after much pleading mind. Will be a very good player if he can bring goals back into his game.

Gubby Allen
23-05-2011, 10:45 PM
If he's so knackered - which he looks like he is - why has he played the last 3 games and why is playing for the full squad?

Henderson, Welbeck Albrighton have played a stack of games too. It makes a bit of a mockery of us being there without Walcott, Carroll & Wilshere when everyone else is at full strength.

I feel for Jack, sure he had pressure on him. Probably played with these guys for the last 5 or 6 years all coming through together and he has to miss their last tournament together, not for not being good enough but for being too good.

We won't know if Jack genuinely believes what he has said - but if he doesn't, this could backfire on us in two ways - the main one, him getting disheartened and less so, Bentley has never shaken off that stigma of not wanting to play for them because he was tired.

Cripps_orig
23-05-2011, 11:20 PM
I think theres a difference between Bentley and Wilshere.

I believe Bentley said he didnt want to go cos he needed the summer off as he planned on going to Euro 2008 the following summer or something to that effect. That went well didnt it?

Anyway as for Wilshere, pleased hes not going. We have Gibbs and Lansbury there to keep us interested

danisinkz
24-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Im really glad he's not going. Just looking at his stats on arsenal.com.... he's played 49 games this season which is impressive. If he went to the U-21s then he'd probably turn into Theo & wouldn't come back for another year.....

dazthegooner
24-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm glad he's not going he's already made the progression to the senior squad and that is what the U21's is all about and maybe another youngster may come through and be Englands new saviour ;)

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 12:31 AM
JACK WILSHERE admits it will be a "100 per cent disaster" if Arsenal don't win a trophy next season.

And the England playmaker insists The Gunners must toughen up to compete for the big prizes.
Wilshere, 19, was shocked at how his side finished potless and also fell away to fourth in the Premier League - whichmeans they have to pre-qualify for the Champions League.

He believes they are too soft and even suggested they should follow Manchester United's example by arguing with officials when they don't like a decision.

As he prepared for his final game of the season for England against Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday, Wilshere said: "It will be a 100 per cent disaster if we don't win a trophy next season.

"We know that. The fans feel it. We feel it. We just need to win a trophy.

"Arsenal are a big club and we need to be winning trophies. We need to win them to keep our big players.

"We must be more aware and have a bit more aggression. We've got some players that can do that but we have to go as a team."
Wilshere believes one of Arsenal's problems is they accept referee's decisions too easily - unlike their rivals.

He added: "It's no use just Robin van Persie going because it looks like it's just him having a go at the ref. If we all get round him...

"You just see the other teams do it and you think 'we need to do it as well'. Man United are the best at it. They get round the referee.

"We have to be more of a team and be more aggressive and show more authority."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3608996/Jack-Wilshere-Disaster-if-Arsenal-fail-again.html#ixzz1NsxCYUjL

It was a disaster this season

Japan Shaking All Over
31-05-2011, 04:56 AM
I think theres a difference between Bentley and Wilshere.

I believe Bentley said he didnt want to go cos he needed the summer off as he planned on going to Euro 2008 the following summer or something to that effect. That went well didnt it?

Anyway as for Wilshere, pleased hes not going.
We have Gibbs and Lansbury there to keep us interested

Gibbs needs to get a few games to be honest......is he the first choice LB?

looking for him to make a step up next year.......I would give him the nod ahead of Gael whether he stays or not

The Wengerbabies
11-06-2011, 09:12 AM
The only English speaker to be subtitled :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iyfpIXhk8M&feature=player_embedded

Sirjackofwilshere
18-06-2011, 02:18 PM
http://vimeo.com/21323030

Toronto Gooner
18-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Now Jack is blabbing on about Modric to Chelsea. Sometimes it is better "to be thought a fool than open one's mouth and confirm it."

http://twitter.com/#!/jack_wilshere (http://twitter.com/#%21/jack_wilshere)

Marc Overmars
18-06-2011, 02:49 PM
What a WUM.

Marc Overmars
18-06-2011, 06:39 PM
He got some stick from Spuds presumably, so he replied :
Shout out to my haters.....sorry that you couldn't phase me!

Then the response to that was :

but we have because your talking about it. Now fuck off and finish scraping your cat off the street.Jack. :pal:

dazthegooner
18-06-2011, 07:00 PM
He got some stick from Spuds presumably, so he replied :

Then the response to that was :

Jack. :pal:
Well tbh how can any spud talk about pussy? they've never had any ;)

LDG
18-06-2011, 09:04 PM

Will be the best player in England in two years.

WilshereourGHEL
18-06-2011, 10:11 PM
lol props to the spurs fan didnt his cat get ran over the other day :P

Also would he leave us if we didnt qualify /time to interview jack

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Arsenal are set to hand 19-year-old midfielder Jack Wilshere a new long-term contract.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Hope its not a big wage rise.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Arsenal are set to hand 19-year-old midfielder Jack Wilshere a new long-term contract.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Hope its not a big wage rise.

at last Wenger learns a lesson.......thanks Nas for that at least, stops us getting caught with our pants down a second time

Master Splinter
26-06-2011, 05:46 PM
at last Wenger learns a lesson.......thanks Nas for that at least, stops us getting caught with our pants down a second time

Until Sir Jack's Stevenage DNA becomes a siren call too hard too resist.

Master Splinter
29-06-2011, 12:31 AM
'Short and cocky' Wilshere told assault girl: 'I've got more money than them - leave your friends'

A girl whose arm was broken in a vicious nightclub brawl after she snubbed footballer Jack Wilshere claimed yesterday she was left in fear of the England star.

Kim Plested wept in court as she described how her boyfriend Dan Farnon was “kicked continuously” by two of the Arsenal midfielder’s pals as he lay helpless on the ground.

Referring to 19-year-old Wilshere as “short and cocky”, she added: “I just remember him as the angry one. I was frightened of him.”

PA Kim had been out celebrating her 21st birthday at the Amika club in Kensington, West London, when trouble flared last August.

She says a row broke out after Wilshere kept telling her, in front of her boyfriend: “Let me buy you drinks, I’ve got more money than them – leave your friends.”

And she claims fists started flying when he later made a crude sexual remark to her about “sloppy seconds”.

Recalling Wilshere’s initial approach, Kim said: “He was short, shorter than the rest of his group, and cocky. I didn’t know who he was. I wasn’t interested. I said, ‘Just leave me alone’, I just kept saying, ‘Go away’. He did in the end but I could tell by his face he didn’t like to be ignored. He obviously wanted my full attention and wasn’t happy about being rejected.”

But after starting the trouble with his “unimpressive behaviour”, Wilshere backed down as his friends and Kim’s slugged it out, the jury at Isleworth crown court was told.

Prosecutor Warwick Tatford said of the £50,000 a week player: “He seems to be the one doing the chatting up and bragging about having more money. But although he starts it all off, he doesn’t get involved in the violence itself.”

Wilshere, who is expecting his first child with girlfriend Lauren Neal, 22, in August, was caught on CCTV grabbing one of Kim’s friends by the lapels. He then back off while his mates get in a fist-fight with two of Kim’s pals.

Her boyfriend Dan, 22, was left with a gashed eye and Kim suffered a broken elbow as she put her arms around him trying to protect him. “They just carried on kicking,” she sobbed.

The court was told she needed metal pins inserted in her arm and was still receiving treatment. Mr Tatford said: “She was innocent, but she got the nastiest injury of all.”

The court heard the punch-up started as Kim’s group were outside waiting for the stretch limo she had hired to take them home to Surrey.

Wilshere was later given a caution for common assault, while his two friends Adam Mardell and Duane Brailsford each pleaded guilty to affray. Brailsford, who caused Mr Farnon’s injury, also admitted assault.

Now two of Kim’s friends, Bradley Martin, 23, and Elliott Fowler, 24, both of Farnham, Surrey, are standing trial for affray. Both deny the charges, claiming self defence.

The case continues.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-Jack-Wilshere-assault-trial-Short-and-cocky-star-told-Kim-Plested-I-ve-got-more-money-than-them-leave-your-friends-article753726.html

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sir Jack :bow:

Such supreme GHELery.

Terry, Cashley and Barton look like amateurs in comparison.

GunnerFan4Life
29-06-2011, 10:33 AM
twitter

jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere
Just been told about the story in the paper,and have been advised not to comment yet!But TRUST ME when the case is over! I WILL have my say!

LDG
29-06-2011, 10:34 AM
twitter

Just been told about the story in the paper,and have been advised not to comment yet!But TRUST ME when the case is over! I WILL have my say!

And Jack :bow:

Love this kid.

Ollie the Optimist
29-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Dear Daily Mirror....ny name is Jack WILSHERE not jack WILSHIRE....spelling correction by 'cocky arsenal midfielder' #justsaying

Mr.Singh
29-06-2011, 11:07 AM
twitter

jack_wilshere jack wilshere
just been told about the story in the paper,and have been advised not to comment yet!but trust me when the case is over! I will have my say!

ghel 4 life

LDG
29-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Dear Daily Mirror....ny name is Jack WILSHERE not jack WILSHIRE....spelling correction by 'cocky arsenal midfielder' #justsaying

:haha:

Legend.

Syn
29-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Wheelchair's going on a mad one.

WengerISaLizard
29-06-2011, 01:35 PM
:lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah right Legend!

more like prize prick, footballers mates. . . . tossers, for the most part jacked up wanna bes

probably off their tits on the coke paid for by the big time mate

LDG
29-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah right Legend!

more like prize prick, footballers. . . . tossers

GTFO.

Toronto Gooner
29-06-2011, 02:08 PM
twitter

Actually he should STFU even after the court case has finished.

And while people might "applaud" this mentality, they should be aware that this will continue and will impact his play. Anyone remember Gascoigne?

Cripps_orig
29-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Sir Jack :doh:

If true of course

Coney
29-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Should have called them the Daily Mirrer.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 02:42 PM
:)
GTFO.

yeah thats the spirit LD. . . . .all you need is a picture of Jack on your wall so it gives you something to look like while youre doing it doggy style with the latest in the line of so called your so called gushers:)

LDG
29-06-2011, 02:45 PM

yeah thats the spirit LD. . . . .all you need is a picture of Jack on your wall so it gives you something to look like while youre doing it doggy style with the latest in the line of so called your so called gushers:)

Well no. That would be weird.

Coney
29-06-2011, 02:56 PM

yeah thats the spirit LD. . . . .all you need is a picture of you Jacking off on your wall so it gives you something to look like while youre doing it doggy style with the latest in the line of so called your so called gushers:)

:sulk:

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Well no. That would be weird.

Loving someone to bits ain't

Unless youre name starts with Joey and ends in Barton

who if had done the same thing would have been hung drawn and quartered, like he should

and he doesnt even play for us

LDG
29-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I have no idea what that has to do with my sex life tbf.

Or what the actual fuck you're talking about.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 03:17 PM
:sulk:

you can shake your head Coney but I do the same at people who idolise a player from our team who gets caught up in an a whole load of boover because he feels like he needs to give it the large

and then allow his mates to show their so called loyalty by kicking the shit out of a fella down, resulting in the breaking of a girls elbow who was trying to protect her boyfriend

chose of words = maybe wrong, sorry LDG but sentiment not (IMO of course!:coffee:)

I gotta a hell of a lot of time for LDG's comments full stop - :good: - but I dont want a picture of hime on my though:sarcy:

Joker
29-06-2011, 03:22 PM
The fact that Wilshere said he would have his say after the court case suggests that the Mirror may have misrepresented his part in the fight. Moreover, the article gives the girl's version of events, and while there's no reason to dispute it may not give the whole picture.

LDG
29-06-2011, 03:23 PM
@JapDude

Lay off the sake man!!

Nah, I get what you're saying. He should stfu. But tbh, from what I gather, it would seem there is more to the story than meets the eye, and young Jack is just pointing that out.

Coney
29-06-2011, 03:28 PM
you can shake your head Coney but I do the same at people who idolise a player from our team who gets caught up in an a whole load of boover because he feels like he needs to give it the large

and then allow his mates to show their so called loyalty by kicking the shit out of a fella down, resulting in the breaking of a girls elbow who was trying to protect her boyfriend

chose of words = maybe wrong, sorry LDG but sentiment not (IMO of course!:coffee:)

I gotta a hell of a lot of time for LDG's comments full stop - :good: - but I dont want a picture of hime on my though:sarcy:

Re-read the quote above the shaking head. ;)

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 03:31 PM
@JapDude

Lay off the sake man!!

Nah, I get what you're saying. He should stfu. But tbh, from what I gather, it would seem there is more to the story than meets the eye, and young Jack is just pointing that out.

all good.......wasnt going out to offend, just a bit on a wind up I suppose, soz

there always is more to it.......just can't help picturing Jack strutting around a bit tho.......dont want Jack to get himself in trouble like some.....(that dick Joey Barton for one)

Jack - :bow: - feel better already lol

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Re-read the quote above the shaking head. ;)

chose of words = maybe wrong, sorry LDG

however tamer than a lot I have read on GW in the past

Coney
29-06-2011, 03:37 PM
all good.......wasnt going out to offend, just a bit on a wind up I suppose, soz

there always is more to it.......just can't help picturing Jack strutting around a bit tho.......dont want Jack to get himself in trouble like some.....(that dick Joey Barton for one)

Jack - :bow: - feel better already lol

I suspect that Jack is the kind of guy who, if you made him captain, would suddenly mature and stop misbehaving. After Vermaelen, who I hope will be the captain next year, Wilshere could well take the armband and do a decent job of it. Could we end up with the England captain also being the Arsenal captain again?

Coney
29-06-2011, 03:37 PM
however tamer than a lot I have read on GW in the past

Sadly, not every sentence of mine is a world record breaker. :(

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Sadly, not every sentence of mine is a world record breaker. :(

:console:

dont worry Coney - I'm with you on Szcesney at least!

only hope that LDG can forgive me.......:popcorn:

Coney
29-06-2011, 03:50 PM

You should be OK. He is a bloke bloke so once the dust settles, so I'm sure it will be forgotten. Not like nasty gay people who would bear a grudge for years just like women do.

LDG
29-06-2011, 03:58 PM

I don't take offence at anything mate.

Coney
29-06-2011, 04:02 PM

I don't take offence at anything mate.

Fuck off.

Marc Overmars
29-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Lets be honest here, Jack is a bit of a cunt. We'd all be on our high horses if he was an opposition GHEL.

But he's our GHEL.

And what a GHEL he is.

Coney
29-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Lets be honest here, Jack is a bit of a cunt. We'd all be on our high horses if he was an opposition GHEL.

But he's our GHEL.

And what a GHEL he is.

He's my kind of GHEL.

He's the GHEL of my dreams.

etc.

:getcoat:

LDG
29-06-2011, 04:10 PM
He's my kind of GHEL.

He's the GHEL of my dreams.

etc.

:getcoat:

Yeah. That offends me.

Marc Overmars
29-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I always have to check the name of the poster after Coney and Letters' jokes.

Like 2 peas in a pod.

Apart from their thoughts on science.

:ninja:

Coney
29-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I always have to check the name of the poster after Coney and Letters' jokes.

Like 2 peas in a pod.

Apart from their thoughts on science.

:ninja:

You really know how to hurt a guy. :upset:

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 12:49 PM
ENGLAND midfielder Jack Wilshere was in a group that hurled homophobic insults at clubbers dressed in pink, a court heard yesterday.

Business developer Chris Osbourne said he was at a 21st party for Kimberley Plested where all her friends wore the same colour. She was outside the club when one of "Wilshere's group" made a sexual remark.
He went on: "Then one of the lads said, 'Is it the poof brigade?'."
Ms Plested's arm was broken in the fight that followed. Her pals Bradley Martin, 23, and Elliot Fowler, 24, from Farnham, Surrey, deny affray.
Arsenal's star Wilshere, 19, was given a caution. His friends Adam Mardell and Duane Brailsford admitted affray outside the Amika club in Kensington, West London.
The trial at Isleworth Crown Court continues.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3668259/Wilshere-pals-gay-jibes-at-clubbers.html#ixzz1QlNcjXVf[

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 12:51 PM

Joker
30-06-2011, 01:11 PM
We're hearing only one side of the story at the moment. Here's a post from the Le-Grove website:

The Jack Wilshere story (from a very reliable source)

He was out with his mates the night of the Blackburn game in August. He tries to chat up this Doris (who ended up with the broken elbow) basically telling her to ditch the group she was with the join him and his mates “‘cos that’s where the money is!!”, she blew him out and throughout the night their paths crossed and various similar plesantries were exchanged including (why are you with the poof brigade) and he is blown out everytime by this girl. Outside the club, where all parties are very drunk and do not remember what happened, the girl’s group of friends start a row with Jack’s group and Jack walks away until one of his friends is felled and getting a serious kicking. Jack runs back in a pushes the bloke kicking his mate, who falls into someone else who falls into the girl who breaks her elbow.

The detail of the fight is from the CCTV.

I'm not saying this version of events is true either, but some people seem to be made up their minds about Jack and his friends. It's likely that they did play a substantial part in the fight, but that doesn't mean the other side were the innocent party in this case.

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Doesnt Wilshere have a pregnant girlfriend?

Toronto Gooner
30-06-2011, 01:20 PM
We're hearing only one side of the story at the moment. Here's a post from the Le-Grove website:

I'm not saying this version of events is true either, but some people seem to be made up their minds about Jack and his friends. It's likely that they did play a substantial part in the fight, but that doesn't mean the other side were the innocent party in this case.
I find it very interesting thatthis version of the events has it that Jack et al. do all the initiating in the club, and get blown off consistently. Yet, once outside, they are the victims and the other side are the aggressors. In my experience it is rarely that the case that the roles reverse so dramatically.

Keith
10-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Anyone noticed he has deleted his Twitter account?

GP
10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone noticed he has deleted his Twitter account?

No he hasn't. :unsure:

http://twitter.com/JackWilshere

Keith
10-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh. This is google result #1

http://twitter.com/#!/jack_wilshere

Young Guns 11
10-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Wilsheres' sister is a bit fit

LDG
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Wilsheres' sister is a bit fit

Pics of gtfo.

Boss
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Pics of gtfo.

http://www.spaceg.com/multimedia/collection/ytmnd.com/Ronald%20GTFO.jpg

More importantly, re Wilshere's sister: pics or gtfo.

Kano
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
errr...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381847/Sister-England-star-Jack-Wilshere-glassed-man-face-glass-called-ambulance-friend.html

jack's great on the field but sounds like a real prick off it...seems to run in the family.

The Terrys MKII?

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 05:51 PM
The Terrys MKII?

Hope he gets away with as much shit as Jay Tee, Stevie Me, Wazza, etc.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Wilshere and family sound like right pricks.

But hes our prick tbh

Boss
13-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Jack Wilshere tells Nasri and Fabregas to “man up”: ”Loyalty is a big part of football and it shows if you are a real man or not. There have been a few players who have shown Arsenal great loyalty and, hopefully, we will get a few more like that. Then we will see if we can get a trophy or not. If you are loyal, it means you are a real man. We have got loyalty at Arsenal and players have shown that in the past. Cesc showed that last year and, hopefully, a few more players will show it this year. If you look at Tottenham, they are fighting to keep Modric. It’s the same for any team … you have to keep your best players. We have to keep ours if we want to win things… Robin [van Persie] has said he would be devastated if we lose Cesc and it’s the same for me. He has been a role model for me and he is the player I want to aspire to. It would be a shame if we lose him but, hopefully, we can keep hold of him.”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/ferguson-worried-about-sneijders-wage-demands-real-madrid-join-the-race-for-carlos-tevez/98687/?

:bow: :bow:

LDG
13-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Nice of Jack to speak up.

Don't think he meant Cesc though. His twitter says as much.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/ferguson-worried-about-sneijders-wage-demands-real-madrid-join-the-race-for-carlos-tevez/98687/?

:bow: :bow:

:rolleyes:

5 years' time he will be farking moaning about how he wants to win things and the club should match his ambitions or he is leaving.

now he is getting the chance to play at the top level which for his age is all he can expect so he can afford to spout cocky and sanctimonious pap.

wan*ker, I await his "match my ambitions or sell me" pleas in a few years. :coffee:

Kano
13-07-2011, 09:07 AM
everyone's either a wanker or a cunt to you.

you aren't happy in life are you?

budesonide
13-07-2011, 09:09 AM
everyone's either a wanker or a cunt to you.

you aren't happy in life are you?

fark. off.

troll

Kano
13-07-2011, 09:11 AM
qed

LDG
13-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Jack Wilshere :bow:

budesonide
13-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Qed

Champagne Charlie
13-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Got to love Jacks enthusiasm but you can't help feel he'll regret saying this a few years down the line!

budesonide
13-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Got to love Jacks enthusiasm but you can't help feel he'll regret saying this a few years down the line!

no doubt.

cesc/clichy etc. were all spouting such bollocks a few years ago; now here we are.

when he gets used to playing at the top level and the novelty wears off brace yourself for 'i've got to win things' tallking points.

i am jaded by all these fickle fairweather badge-kissing tripe that passes for loyalty and grit. :popcorn:

Champagne Charlie
13-07-2011, 11:06 AM
no doubt.

cesc/clichy etc. were all spouting such bollocks a few years ago; now here we are.

when he gets used to playing at the top level and the novelty wears off brace yourself for 'i've got to win things' tallking points.

i am jaded by all these fickle fairweather badge-kissing tripe that passes for loyalty and grit. :popcorn:

Totally agree.

I don't doubt Jack really believes in his comments at the moment but loyalty in football is a thing of the past.

I hope I'm proved wrong but I doubt we'll all be heading over to the Emirates to watch Wilshere's testimonial in 10 years time! Or any Arsenal players testimonial for that matter!

Boss
13-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Totally agree.

I don't doubt Jack really believes in his comments at the moment but loyalty in football is a thing of the past.

I hope I'm proved wrong but I doubt we'll all be heading over to the Emirates to watch Wilshere's testimonial in 10 years time! Or any Arsenal players testimonial for that matter!

Eboue will still be here.

Champagne Charlie
13-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Eboue will still be here.

Oh crap. I forgot about him.

But I stand by my comment; "I doubt we'll all be heading over to the Emirates to watch"!

LDG
13-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh crap. I forgot about him.

But I stand by my comment; "I doubt we'll all be heading over to the Emirates to watch"!

Eboue will get a full house....as should every player who get's a testimonial.

Champagne Charlie
13-07-2011, 11:47 AM

I'm really not sure if you're being serious!

Are you actually saying;
a) Eboue will be here in 10 years time?
b) He'll get a testimonial?
c) 60,000 people will go and watch it?

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 11:49 AM
a) he doesnt need to be here in another 10 years. Hes been here since 2005 i think so another 4 will do it
b) If hes here, then why not?
c)doubt it but there'll be a decent turn out i reckon depending on ticket prices.

Champagne Charlie
13-07-2011, 11:58 AM
a) he doesnt need to be here in another 10 years. Hes been here since 2005 i think so another 4 will do it
b) If hes here, then why not?
c)doubt it but there'll be a decent turn out i reckon depending on ticket prices.

a) My general point at the begining was that I think testimonials are a dying thing and we wont be seeing any in 10 years time, but I take your point.
b) It's all a bit hypothetical, he could go on an amazing run of incredible form from now until then, but at the moment he's pretty far down the pecking order and has never cemented a regular starting role, you rarely see a testimonial for such bit part players.
c) To be honest, if he were to have one, I'd be there! I've actually got a lot of time for him. But from the majority of people I speak to and the reactions of those I sit near to at the ground, he's not the most popular of characters!

Olivier's xmas twist
01-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Jack Wilshere insists Arsenal can challenge for the Premier League title this season if they sign 'a few more players' before the transfer window closes.

The 19-year-old midfielder was part of the Gunners team that was booed from the pitch in Sunday's pre-season friendly draw with New York Red Bulls.

Arsenal's lack of business in the transfer market no doubt fuelled the frustration of the Emirates crowd, with various deficiencies in Arsene Wenger's squad yet to be addressed.

Key players such as Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are not guaranteed to stay in North London this summer, while Wenger's only signings so far have been young centre-back Carl Jenkinson and forward Gervinho.

England international Wilshere knows the heat is on his side to break their six-year silverware drought this season, and he believes a couple of new faces could prove the difference.
He told the Daily Mail: "We are not a spending club but we still managed to stay up there with the top teams. And we have to win things this year.

"Maybe if we had a few more faces we could really push on. If we get a few more players we can really challenge for the title.

"Around March and April we have to stay really strong. We are confident we can be up and around it then so we have to remain strong at that crucial time."

Wilshere limped out of Sunday's friendly with an ankle injury that could rule him out of England's opening game of the new campaign, a friendly against Holland on August 10th.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7075399,00.html

:bow: Wilshere

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 01:09 PM
JACK WILSHERE has put his money where is mouth is — by betting Tottenham fans that Arsenal will finish above them.

The Gunners midfielder, who is out until the end of January after ankle surgery, reacted to gloating Spurs fans on Twitter last night.

Harry Redknapp's side went above Arsenal as they cruised past Aston Villa at White Hart Lane.

They are now three points ahead of their North London rivals with a game in hand.

But Wilshere, 19, is so confident Arsenal will end the season ahead of them, he made a bet with Tottenham fans.

He tweeted: "All Spurs fans buzzing that they are ahead of us in the league (for once). It's a marathon, not a sprint!

"I tell you what at the end of the season if Spurs finish above Arsenal I will give £3000 to charity.

"If Arsenal finish above Spurs every Spurs fan that follows me must send me a pound each and I will give it to @Jack_Marshall_ charity!

"Do we have a deal THFC fans!?"

The Jack Marshall charity was backed by footballers such as Wilshere, Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney.

Football fan Jack died aged 6 last month after fighting a rare form of brain cancer since 2009.

Wilshere had grown close to Jack during the months before his death and said he was "privileged to have known him".

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger approved of Wilshere's bet, saying: "Jack made a contest.

"I hope the charity will get a lot of money because Tottenham have a lot of fans."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3951700/Jack-Wilshere-in-3000-bet-with-Tottenham-fans.html

Good luck

LDG
04-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Jack Wilshere will take a step towards a first team return when he plays in a behind closed doors friendly against Birmingham reserves tomorrow morning (Weds).

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/04/exclusive-wilshere-on-the-comeback-trail/#comment-54930

##

:scarf:

Japan Shaking All Over
04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
:pray:

Stay safe
there is an argument that we should keep him out just so he will be ready for next year but would be great to see our Jack back

Marc Overmars
04-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Hope he comes back and goes to the Euros.

He needs to play football, not spend 6 weeks on a beach.

Ollie the Optimist
04-04-2012, 10:16 AM

though this theory could be tested if djorou gets one. he is only two seasons away from it now :lol:

Grebbo
04-04-2012, 10:36 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/04/exclusive-wilshere-on-the-comeback-trail/#comment-54930

##

Realistically he needs to be ready for Wigan at home as I don't think we can risk playing him in any games after that one. All the other games are very tricky.

Syn
04-04-2012, 11:51 AM

##

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xjqloUOC1qat24ro1_400.gif

Flavs
04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
meh

LDG
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
meh

You're just depressed it's a long weekend :lol:

Flavs
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
You're just depressed it's a long weekend :lol:

While that's true I am just that not bothered about his comeback is all, yes he is a decent enough squad player but he hardly the messiah most of the guys on here make him out to be.

LDG
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
While that's true I am just that not bothered about his comeback is all, yes he is a decent enough squad player but he hardly the messiah most of the guys on here make him out to be.

He's only ever played one season proper, so I have to agree that he's not the messiah just yet.

However, this boy has bags of talent, and given a few years, I firmly believe he'll be one of the best in the world.

Syn
04-04-2012, 12:00 PM
He was already one of the best in the world. And then we fucked him up. No idea whether he'll come back anywhere near the player he was.

And he's not even playing ffs. Arseblog you muppet. This guy's giving updates and looks legit: http://twitter.com/#!/alexbrandler

Brb, going to stab myself in the eye.

Flavs
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
He was already one of the best in the world. .

do me a favour mate

Syn
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
do me a favour mate

Is Fabregas regarded as one of the best in the world?

Flavs
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Is Fabregas regarded as one of the best in the world?

yes because he is

Syn
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
yes because he is

Right. Wilshere comfortably out-performed him last season. Couldn't give a flying fuck about FIFA/FM stats - I don't care about reputation. I care about who is performing, and Jack performed. Fabregas didn't.

Flavs
04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Right. Wilshere comfortably out-performed him last season. Couldn't give a flying fuck about FIFA/FM stats - I don't care about reputation. I care about who is performing, and Jack performed. Fabregas didn't.

behave sweetheart

Syn
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
behave sweetheart

Very witty.

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Right. Wilshere comfortably out-performed him last season. Couldn't give a flying fuck about FIFA/FM stats - I don't care about reputation. I care about who is performing, and Jack performed. Fabregas didn't.Whilst i agree with what you say in terms of outperforming the ****, doing that does not make you one of the best in the world.

Do not forget, last season was shocking for us and Wilshere played a big part in our team last season. Yes he is young and he will improve and no doubt go on and become the best in the world at what he does but after one season with us, hes nowhere near that level yet.

Needs to add more creativity to his game

Flavs
04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Very witty.

he is a poor mans Gareth Barry at best. Anyone who thinks he can perform in the same way that Fabregas did for us is just fooling himself. You say that Wilshere outperformed him last season, i say that 9 goals and 17 assists in 36 performances by a player half way out the door compared to 3 goals and 9 assists in 49 games by a young up and coming player trying to establish himself in a team speaks volumes.

He has talent and hopefully one day that will be achieved but currently he is a decent squad player and no more.

Syn
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Whilst i agree with what you say in terms of outperforming the ****, doing that does not make you one of the best in the world.

Do not forget, last season was shocking for us and Wilshere played a big part in our team last season. Yes he is young and he will improve and no doubt go on and become the best in the world at what he does but after one season with us, hes nowhere near that level yet.

Needs to add more creativity to his game

He's got creativity but he wasn't played in a creative role. When you mean 'level', that's exactly what I look at - ability. In the two legs against Barcelona last year, I remember someone linking to a thread on redcafe where the consensus of a bunch of mancs was that Jack was the best performer midfielder over the two legs. And he was. We had Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas on the pitch. That's not to say he is better than Xavi and Iniesta on the basis of 180 mins of football, but he has shown he can play at the 'level' you talk about. And we all know it wasn't just those two games - Carling Cup final and throughout the season he was very consistent. But for Bendtner sticking away that chance to knock Barca out that Wilshere created at the death, perhaps it'd be easier to put reputation aside. Wilshere is not as big a name because it was only his first season. But for that season he performed at the level of top notch players.

Now - who knows. There are no guarantees he can even get back to how he was last season - if he's not as light on his feet and quick with the movement, that handicaps him. Eduardo and, now, Ramsey have shown a season on the sidelines can ruin your development. I don't actually want him to go to the Euros, I think a full pre-season with the club might help him more.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Poor mans Barry? That's ridiculous, Wilshere can run for one. If you go on stats alone then I'd say 3 goals and 9 assists is quite impressive for a player in their first ever full season. In any case, Cesc's influence on the team was clearly there last season, without him there now, I would suggest he'd grow quite quickly (recovery from injuries pending).

Marc Overmars
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Jack will certainly become one of the very best in time, but after one season I think it's a little OTT to say he's already one of the worlds top players. I remember plenty of games last season that he failed to influence, which is not an issue at all given his age and the fact it was his debut season.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. Sin is just missing the crown jewel in our GHEL crown.

Syn
04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
he is a poor mans Gareth Barry at best. Anyone who thinks he can perform in the same way that Fabregas did for us is just fooling himself. You say that Wilshere outperformed him last season, i say that 9 goals and 17 assists in 36 performances by a player half way out the door compared to 3 goals and 9 assists in 49 games by a young up and coming player trying to establish himself in a team speaks volumes.

He has talent and hopefully one day that will be achieved but currently he is a decent squad player and no more.

I don't understand what those stats mean. Over the past two seasons, Walcott has many more goals and assists than Iniesta. If you play Wilshere in a holding role, you can't expect goals. If you play Cesc in a free role/second striker, then you can expect goals.

Right now, I don't know if he's even a decent squad player. He could be crap. A year out with an injury at the time when his learning curve is steepest could be a big problem. But last season he wasn't a 'decent squad player', he was our best player.

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
He's got creativity but he wasn't played in a creative role. When you mean 'level', that's exactly what I look at - ability. In the two legs against Barcelona last year, I remember someone linking to a thread on redcafe where the consensus of a bunch of mancs was that Jack was the best performer midfielder over the two legs. And he was. We had Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas on the pitch. That's not to say he is better than Xavi and Iniesta on the basis of 180 mins of football, but he has shown he can play at the 'level' you talk about. And we all know it wasn't just those two games - Carling Cup final and throughout the season he was very consistent. But for Bendtner sticking away that chance to knock Barca out that Wilshere created at the death, perhaps it'd be easier to put reputation aside. Wilshere is not as big a name because it was only his first season. But for that season he performed at the level of top notch players.

Now - who knows. There are no guarantees he can even get back to how he was last season - if he's not as light on his feet and quick with the movement, that handicaps him. Eduardo and, now, Ramsey have shown a season on the sidelines can ruin your development. I don't actually want him to go to the Euros, I think a full pre-season with the club might help him more.I agree he was the best player on the park v Barca at the Emirates. I rate the lad. Ive even knighted him as Sir Jack which i only do to players i rate and quality players and yes had Bendtner not missed the sitter, Wilshere would be talked about a lot more. Its a shame Sir Chamakh wasnt in Bendtners position for that chance. Oh well.

There were plenty of games where Wilshere didnt perform in. Our diabolical end of season run, we hardly saw him. Fair enough, the whole team was shit but if Wilshere was as good as hes being made out to be, surely he'd have stood up and be counted like RVP did. He continued to score even though we were alwful.

I want Sir Jack asap. Hes better than Arteta, Ramsey and Benayoun but thats not saying much but he has time on his side and he will get better depending on how he is after injury. You say you dont want him to go to the Euros? If he doesnt go to that then he will definitely go to the Olympics so if i had to pick one of the 2, it would be Euros. He'll play a part in pre season for us then and lets see how he does

Syn
04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I agree he was the best player on the park v Barca at the Emirates. I rate the lad. Ive even knighted him as Sir Jack which i only do to players i rate and quality players and yes had Bendtner not missed the sitter, Wilshere would be talked about a lot more. Its a shame Sir Chamakh wasnt in Bendtners position for that chance. Oh well.

And fair enough. I think he did tail off at the very end - but there was absolutely nothing to play for at that stage, really.

I want Sir Jack asap. Hes better than Arteta, Ramsey and Benayoun but thats not saying much but he has time on his side and he will get better depending on how he is after injury. You say you dont want him to go to the Euros? If he doesnt go to that then he will definitely go to the Olympics so if i had to pick one of the 2, it would be Euros. He'll play a part in pre season for us then and lets see how he does

Pearce is a dick but I'm not sure he would take him if Wenger says no. But the Olympics will only be a run-out anyway, won't it? Can't imagine the games will be anywhere near as intense as the Euros.

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 01:17 PM
If it was in any other country then yeah i doubt many if any would care about Olympics and their football. I dont even know who the reigning champions are and coming from a football nut like myself, you know Olympic football is gobshite.

However it is in this country and all the usual +1 cliches will come out. Passion, honour to play for Team GB (Great Britain, not Get Bendtner) blah blah blah so it might be taken seriously

McNamara That Ghost...
04-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Other nations will take the Olympic football seriously (it is in essence an U23 tournament). It's not going to be non-committal, put it that way.

Syn
04-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Interesting. I guess Spain will probably take that too.

Japan Shaking All Over
04-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Decent squad member? - not too sure bout that!
Jack will start for us when fit becausr 1) he has the talent and 2) plays with the directness that we need to be playing with. I know Gerv has some flaws but I like the way he runs at the oppo.
A fit again Jack can really stake a joint claim to the team with RvP. . .however different to the Cesc or even late Henry era as there is more a sense of team about the currrent crop

LDG
04-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't understand what those stats mean. Over the past two seasons, Walcott has many more goals and assists than Iniesta. If you play Wilshere in a holding role, you can't expect goals. If you play Cesc in a free role/second striker, then you can expect goals.

Right now, I don't know if he's even a decent squad player. He could be crap. A year out with an injury at the time when his learning curve is steepest could be a big problem. But last season he wasn't a 'decent squad player', he was our best player.

Charlied ftw

Too right.

He also won PFA Young Player of the year....

I know people are saying absence makes the heart grow fonder etc....it also make people forget just how good he is.

Grebbo
04-04-2012, 01:55 PM
So Jack didn't even play today?

Forget about him for the rest of the season now. Our fixtures are too difficult to risk playing him.

Jack's a good player but his stock has certainly rocketed since he's been injured. One great game against Barca at home doesn't make him world class. Especially when they were happy to get a 2-1 defeat knowing they'd rape us at the Nou.

Kano
04-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Especially when they were happy to get a 2-1 defeat knowing they'd rape us at the Nou.

what a dumb thing to say

Flavs
04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Other nations will take the Olympic football seriously (it is in essence an U23 tournament). It's not going to be non-committal, put it that way.

Except America, who didn't qualify :pal:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Except America, who didn't qualify :pal:

Yanks. :lol: Although they could well win the Women's tournament.

LDG
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Yanks. :lol: Although they could well win the Women's tournament.

Eh?

Women's football??

Who heard of such a daft sport :lol:

:run:

GP
04-04-2012, 03:15 PM

Silly Yanks. You can't play football in a kitchen.

Grebbo
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
what a dumb thing to say

Thanks.

A match over two legs is very different than a one off game. Especially for the away team in the first leg.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-04-2012, 08:58 PM

No way was her our best player, he had a good season but still think Cesc and Nasri were just better then him. I do think he played too many games last season and its backfired on us though.

Also thought we hyped him a lil bit too i mean as good as he was had heen been french or swiss he just have been one of Wengers one season wonders.

Dennis Bendtner
04-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Written off Wilshere for the season. The WUMger diagnosis game is fucking tedious. It's probable that absence has made the heart grow fonder. But his best attributes would be very good to have in this midfield. Someone who can play from deep and play the game at a quicker pace, whilst maintaining possession. The thought of getting Gareth Barry back instead is horrifying.

Kano
04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks.

A match over two legs is very different than a one off game. Especially for the away team in the first leg.
no team at that stage of a competition are going to allow a defeat if they can do otherwise, fall to sleep and the whole tie can run away from you by the end of the first.

the barca players have won too much and the manager is far too professional to be that stupid. barca can be accused of many things but lack of fight is never one of them.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 04:41 PM
STUART PEARCE is heading for an explosive row with Arsenal after naming Jack Wilshere on his Olympics shortlist.

Wilshere has not played this season with a long-term ankle injury.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger last week ruled the midfielder out of this summer’s European Championship.

But Pearce has told Wenger he still hopes to play Wilshere in the Games football tournament.

The Team GB boss said: “He is on the shortlist.

“We will look at everyone individually and check their fitness and the medical people will speak with the clubs.

“We do have to be acutely aware that with an 18-man squad, and possibly six matches in 16 days, all the players are fully fit.

“You can’t be losing two or three to injury, otherwise you will be on the back foot.”

Pearce will whittle the 80-strong list down to his 18-man squad in May. David Beckham has been tipped to skipper the side.

And Pearce has told club managers to do the decent thing and encourage their top stars to play.

He added: “I am acutely aware that club managers have a duty of care to their individual clubs.

“But once the tournament starts, excitement will be generated and people will see the greater good it will do for the individual players and the feelgood factor it brings.

“Plus we will be returning the players to their clubs before the season starts, so all they will be missing are pre-season friendlies.

“If I was a player, I would much prefer to be playing at Old Trafford, Wembley and the Millennium Stadium, competing for a medal and then going back to my club.

“The lift that would give me would be fantastic.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4276842/Jack-Wilshere-is-still-on-Stuart-Pearces-Olympic-list.html

Wtf? Pearce :doh:

Syn
24-04-2012, 06:27 PM
BoBN will soon be chancing it with paper bollocks - 'Wilshere has told Wenger he is going to play in the Olympics' or something like that.

Jack will listen to the club. Not sure why though. As long as he doesn't do anything illegal like eat carrots, he'll be alright.

Ollie the Optimist
24-04-2012, 06:33 PM
is the olympics the same as normal internationals? as in if a player is called he has no choice but to go or do clubs get to veto this one?

Syn
24-04-2012, 06:36 PM
In any case, of course they have a choice. Especially in Jack's case. All he needs to do is say "I can't play, I'm still injured", and he won't be involved.

But I don't see what the big deal is even if he does play. He plays a couple of low-intensity games in London/Manchester/Cardiff or whatever...he can still train with Arsenal during the pre-season.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Geoff Shreeves just told him he is out for the season.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know why the games will be played at old Trafford and the millennium stadium when it is supposed to be the London Olympics?

Marc Overmars
24-04-2012, 11:01 PM
It's an occasion for the whole country I guess, rather than just Londoners.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know why the games will be played at old Trafford and the millennium stadium when it is supposed to be the London Olympics?

Some are taking place at Wembley. It's just easier this way, some water events start in Weymouth for instance and it starts before the opening ceremony.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I just don't get it. It was London that won the right to host the olympics wasn't it? Why not just use the football stadia that are in London, there's enough of em ffs.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Dont think it works like that for football

Doubt football was only in the cities of Beijing in 08, Athens(?) in 04, Sydney in 00, Atlanta in 96 and ****elona in 92

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I just don't get it. It was London that won the right to host the olympics wasn't it? Why not just use the football stadia that are in London, there's enough of em ffs.

Its more to do with Traffic and stuff id assume because if are going to be played at same time as other events there will be so much traffic in london. and congestion.

Also like others have said its a chance for the whole country to get a feel and these were the stadia named when the bid was won.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh well fuck knows.

The Olympics are shit anyway.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Athletics are pretty awesome

Fuck the rest of the sports

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh well fuck knows.

The Olympics are shit anyway.

Only botherd about the 100M's myself lol not bothered about the badmintion etc.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Love it all. . .especially if Britain has someone going for it. . .last time it shocked me howvwell we did in sports like cycling. . .had no idea we were so serious about it, we didnt do too basly in swimming

The winter version is another matter, absolutely no representation to speak of. . .bit depressing but understandable

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2012, 07:23 AM
The best thing about the Olympic is the feeling of pride and togetherness knowing a bunch of corporate sponsors have made billions from their association with it.

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2012, 08:40 AM
The best thing about the Olympic is the feeling of pride and togetherness knowing a bunch of corporate sponsors have made billions from their association with it.:good:

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Love it all. . .especially if Britain has someone going for it. . .last time it shocked me howvwell we did in sports like cycling. . .had no idea we were so serious about it, we didnt do too basly in swimming

The winter version is another matter, absolutely no representation to speak of. . .bit depressing but understandable

:gp: I do love watch us rack up golds tbh. Just hate how everything in the country will go up in price.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-04-2012, 09:34 AM
:gp: I do love watch us rack up golds tbh. Just hate how everything in the country will go up in price.

Yeah was meaning to come back this year but will do a massive B-line around the Olympics......so October it is.....definitely up for a game round about then.....

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2012, 02:14 PM
The best thing about the Olympic is the feeling of pride and togetherness knowing a bunch of corporate sponsors have made billions from their association with it.

Yeah, but we get the honour of picking up the tab! Don't be so negative, this is a 50-50 partnership.

Coney
25-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Its more to do with Traffic and stuff id assume because if are going to be played at same time as other events there will be so much traffic in london. and congestion.

Also like others have said its a chance for the whole country to get a feel and these were the stadia named when the bid was won.

The London transport network handles a million or two people coming in and out every day, condensed into peak periods. Surely it can handle a fraction of that number for the events because they are not taking place at the morning peak period?

Cripps_orig
25-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Team GB boss Stuart Pearce has insisted he will consider Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere for selection, despite Arsene Wenger claiming it would be the "worst idea" for the 20-year-old.

A recurring ankle injury picked up in pre-season has seen Wilshere miss the entire season and, after last week's defeat against Wigan, Wenger confirmed the player would not be back in time to figure in England's Euro 2012 campaign.

However, Pearce is determined to pick Wilshere for the Olympic tournament, which will clash with Arsenal's pre-season schedule, and reminded Wenger that under Fifa rules he would be powerless to prevent him from doing so.

“We’re in constant contact with Arsenal and we’ll see how this one rides,” said Pearce. “But, will any manager get a veto over who I select? Of course not.

"We would obviously let them know if their players are in contention and the dates they would need to be made available.

“But we’re talking about Great Britain here. The Olympic Games. If you strip it down solely to the players, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

“Lionel Messi took his club to court because he wanted to play at the Olympics. That’s the best player in the world.

“I wouldn’t want to get into a legal battle, but we’re not talking about taking players away for a whole season. We’re not even asking them to miss a competitive match.”

The potential conflict of interests will not be the first time Wenger and Pearce have clashed.

The pair have previously disagreed over Pearce’s selection of Wilshere and his Arsenal team-mate Theo Walcott for the England Under-21 squad.

Wenger has been quoted recently as saying: “The Olympics would be the worst idea for him [Wilshere].”

However, Pearce has since responded: “That’s his opinion. I can’t change his opinion, and it’s not of great concern to me.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3823/gb-olympic-team/2012/04/25/3059081/pearce-warns-wenger-you-can-not-stop-me-picking-wilshere-for

Pearce should fuck off

McNamara That Ghost...
25-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Actually Pearce, Barcelona took Argentina (well the FIFA ruling saying he had to participate) to court. And won. :lol:

He did go on to play but that was after talking with Guardiola, not because he took Barcelona to court.

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Surely the rules only apply to the England team. The GB football team is an artificial entity not recognised either by Fifa and pretty much vehemently opposed by the Welsh, Scottish and Irish FAs.

What ground would Pierce be on if Northern Ireland were to stage a friendly with Wales during the Olympics and demanded access to the players?

And yes. Pierce should fuck off.

GP
25-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Not only should he fuck off, he should also die.

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I do like Stuart pearce tbh.

But in this case he's a **** and can fucking do one!

We pay jacks wages not team fucking GB, so you can shove it up your arse fucklord!

Cripps_orig
25-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I do like Stuart pearce tbh.

But in this case he's a **** and can fucking do one!

We pay jacks wages not team fucking GB, so you can shove it up your arse fucklord!GB or Pearce?

Syn
25-04-2012, 09:56 PM
fucklord?

Surely that doesn't pass as an insult?

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2012, 09:57 PM
GB or Pearce?Pearce.

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2012, 09:58 PM
fucklord?

Surely that doesn't pass as an insult?Ok, is c.untstain any better?

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Pearce.

phew!

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2012, 10:01 PM
phew!;)

LDG
26-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Look at Pearce talking like he's all grown up and shit.

"Look at me in my suit, trying to act intelligent".

All because of one sexface he made when scoring a pelanty.

He can fuck off.

What a fucklord.

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Look at Pearce talking like he's all grown up and shit.

"Look at me in my suit, trying to act intelligent".

All because of one sexface he made when scoring a pelanty.

He can fuck off.

What a fucklord.I wasnt allowed to use fucklord as an insult :sulk:

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4279381/Jack-Wilshere-will-snub-Olympics-to-get-fit-with-Arsenal.html

JACK WILSHERE will turn down the chance to play for Team GB at the Olympics — to get fit with Arsenal.

Great Britain manager Stuart Pearce insists he would be prepared to pick the midfield ace for London 2012 against Arsene Wenger’s wishes.

Yet Wilshere, who has not played this season due to an ankle problem, has confirmed to Gunners boss Wenger his priority is his club side and that breaking off for a tournament would be a bad idea.

Wilshere was desperate to play for England at Euro 2012 but was also keen to star for GB at the Olympics.

Although he has been ruled out of Euro 2012, he would be fit in time to play for Pearce’s Olympic team.

Instead, he will continue his rehabilitation in the summer at Arsenal’s London Colney training ground before starring in the Gunners’ pre-season friendlies in late July and early August.

He will play games in Malaysia, China and Hong Kong before the North London outfit’s friendly against a team in Nigeria.

Wilshere’s decision will be a blow for Pearce, who had him on his shortlist.

The men’s team have been drawn in Group A at the Olympics alongside Senegal, UAE and Uruguay.

Although Wilshere, 20, was “gutted” at failing to be fit for Arsenal’s remaining games of the season, he is making good progress and is certain to be fit for the tour of the Far East and Africa.

Wenger will also stage a final warm-up match in Germany the week before the Premier League season begins.

The Arsenal chief had already slammed the Olympic tournament as “phoney” and does not want any of his first-team players involved — and that includes Wilshere and Welshman Aaron Ramsey.

Wenger and Pearce were also at loggerheads last summer when Psycho wanted Wilshere in the England Under-21 squad for the Euro2011 finals in Denmark.

But despite the absence of Wilshere, Pearce still has another 79 players on a list which will be whittled down to a final 18-man squad.

LA Galaxy and former England star David Beckham looks certain to be involved.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are preparing for Saturday’s trip to Stoke as they look to clinch third spot.

And goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny insists his team will be ready to win silverware next term — even though it is now seven years since the club won a trophy.

Szczesny said: “When you play for this club, you want to win trophies. This club deserves that and we didn’t get any this year so it’s always disappointing.

“We have the quality to fight for trophies in Europe and this country. It’s just consistency that’s been a problem for us this season.

“Hopefully we’ve got the experience to win trophies next year.”

Stuart Pearce :pal:

LDG
26-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I wasnt allowed to use fucklord as an insult :sulk:

And if your were told to jump of a cliff, would you?

Fucklord, fucklord, fucklord, fucklord, FUCKLORD!!!

Fist of Lehmann
26-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I do like Stuart pearce tbh.Fucklord lover. :sulk:

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4279381/Jack-Wilshere-will-snub-Olympics-to-get-fit-with-Arsenal.html

Stuart Pearce :pal:Unpatriotic **** Sir Jack is

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 06:48 PM
“We’re in constant contact with Arsenal and we’ll see how this one rides,” said Pearce. “But, will any manager get a veto over who I select? Of course not.

Yeah but if a fan wanted to smack him around the head with a pipe and kick his bollocks in, can he overrule that veto too? Stupid shit, fucked up wank, wearing the lion of subservience with pride, roaring for England like a trained pet.

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Unpatriotic **** Sir Jack isUnpatriotic to who?

Great Britain?

What a mockery that is, the Scottish and the welsh pretty much hate the English and want nothing to do with us and probably likewise with the irish.

Fuck team GB, fuck stuart Pearce and fuck the Olympics.

Sir jack being fit and ready to play for the arsenal next season is all that matters.

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Unpatriotic to who?

Great Britain?

What a mockery that is, the Scottish and the welsh pretty much hate the English and want nothing to do with us and probably likewise with the irish.

Fuck team GB, fuck stuart Pearce and fuck the Olympics.

Sir jack being fit and ready to play for the arsenal next season is all that matters.

Olympics are more important

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Olympics are more importantOnly in your fucked up mind.

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Only in your fucked up mind.Probably

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Probably:tiphat:

Cripps_orig
27-04-2012, 10:10 PM
ARSENE WENGER admits it is unlikely Jack Wilshere will play for Team GB in this summer's Olympics.

Arsenal midfielder Wilshere has missed the whole of the season with an ankle problem and has already been ruled out of England's Euro 2012 campaign.

But Team GB boss Stuart Pearce claims the 20-year-old is still in his thoughts ahead of the London 2012 kick-off on July 25.

But Wenger insists Wilshere needs a full period of rehabilitation before he can think about playing at the Games.

The Gunners boss said: “At the moment Jack has a different worry.

“His focus is to get back on the football pitch and play, there is not one specific target like the Olympics or the European Championships, although he is out of that.

“His main priority is to get out on the pitch and play football.

“Nothing is definitely set at the moment because we are in a slow progress world where we go step by step.

"If we start pre-season at the beginning of July and he is completely fit to join in normal training, then we will see about the Olympics, but let’s not forget he has not played for a whole year.

“To be competitive at the top level it will take him some time to come back and we have to give him that time.”

And so the backing down begins

Syn
28-04-2012, 07:53 AM
It sounds very serious. The set-backs thing is what ruined Rosicky and Diaby. Maybe Wenger is doing the right thing by playing down the recovery date but for him not to be optimistic and, lets face it, unrealistic, about an injury recovery is very worrying. No guarantees that he'll be fit for the start of the season? That's bad.

"He makes slow progress and at the moment is still in our rehab centre," said the Arsenal manager. "We take time, we are patient with him. He makes progress, but slow progress.
"His focus is to get back on the football pitch and play, there is not one specific target like the Olympics or the European Championships, although he is out of that. His main priority is to get out on the pitch and play football.

"Nothing is definitely set at the moment, because we are in a slow progress world where we go step by step. If we start pre-season at the beginning of July and he is completely fit to join in normal training, then we will see [about the Olympics]. But let’s not forget he has not played for a whole year. To be competitive at the top level it will take him some time to come back and we have to give him that time.

"I am cautious with him," added Wenger. "Imagine you are 20 years old and you play in the national team. You prepare and suddenly, nothing at all.

"You get the first knock, the second knock, you think ‘OK, at least I will be ready for the Euro.’ Then you have to convince him, ‘look my friend, it will not work for the Euros.’ You knock him down again. Then, you set him another target. If he doesn’t make it, he will lose a complete appetite for rehab because it's difficult.

"You must work every day out there, not knowing when you come back. If you say, ‘you can go to the Olympics’ and he doesn’t make it, what do you give him after? Let’s take our time and not set any specific targets. The most important thing for him is to focus on day-to-day work and see if he can get better."

Arsenal's players begin pre-season training in July and Wenger would like Wilshere to be involved. But he knows there are no guarantees.

"I do not want to set the Olympics as a target [for him] because I do not know whether he will be fit to start at the beginning of the season," he said. "It is just our target to get him to improve.

"When we start on July 9, if he can join in then we have won the battle, but that is not guaranteed."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-go-step-by-step-with-wilshere

Marc Overmars
28-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Sell him, he's broke.

Syn
28-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Devastating tbh. Heart-breaking imo.

Will be a huge sigh of relief if he makes it back.

Joker
28-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Hope this isn't career threatening. I know we don't know the medical ins and outs of what's happened, but this feels like another Rosicky situation, where the comeback date is pushed further and further into the future.

Syn
28-04-2012, 09:41 AM
He will have missed over a year's development at age 20. Even if it's not career threatening, it has already threatened the career he should've had. And that's the most frustrating part about it. If he comes back and plays like Ramsey is now - it'll be very annoying given what he was capable of achieving.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-04-2012, 10:11 AM
He will have missed over a year's development at age 20. Even if it's not career threatening, it has already threatened the career he should've had. And that's the most frustrating part about it. If he comes back and plays like Ramsey is now - it'll be very annoying given what he was capable of achieving.

It must be very frustating for the lad, but im sure he should be fine, he is not the 1st young player to have an injury like this and he won't be the last.

id rather he took as much time to get proper fit even if it meant another year out then be risked and have his career ended fully.

Buu i think he should be fine this year and hopeful aw is just saying this so he does not go to the Euro's/Olympics.

One think id Say AW has done is learnt from this and not made the same mistake with OX otherwise he could have been the same next season.

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2012, 10:30 AM
My gut feeling is that he is done.

Maestro
17-05-2012, 08:29 PM
jack setback, to undergo knee surgery

..in other news, nasri to undergo full sex change procedure in a manc back alley

GP
17-05-2012, 08:32 PM
My gut feeling is that he is done.

At 20?

Behave

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Its just minor surgery tbh

Shouldnt be out for more than 6-8 months.

At any other club, he'd be back by pre season start

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 08:41 PM
At 20?

Behave

Xhaka Can’t
17-05-2012, 08:49 PM
At 20?

Behave

It is not unheard of.

btw - I barely remember posting that.

Master Splinter
17-05-2012, 09:11 PM
btw - I barely remember posting that.

GB.'s Cousin :bow:.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Juve in talks to get Higuain

FFS

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Juve in talks to get Higuain

FFS

What has that got to do with Wilshere ?

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:06 PM
His gay lover

selassie
17-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Jack has been out an age, I know the latest is a minor op but it does raise the question why this wasn't looked at a while back if it's been a long standing issue. I suppose it's not that disimilar to the Rosicky situation.

I think we need Jack back next season, be interesting to see his development given that his body has been put through the mill.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Jack has been out an age, I know the latest is a minor op but it does raise the question why this wasn't looked at a while back if it's been a long standing issue. I suppose it's not that disimilar to the Rosicky situation.

I think we need Jack back next season, be interesting to see his development given that his body has been put through the mill.Hes dead

Chuck him on the scrap heap and start again with someone new

Marc Overmars
17-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Time to move on from Jack tbh. It was just a pipe dream. To have our own homemade GHEL, it was too good to be true.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Time to move on from Jack tbh. It was just a pipe dream. To have our own homemade GHEL, it was too good to be true.

Jack for what he never was not for what he has become :rose:

Marc Overmars
05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere

I'm afraid to say I will be deactivating account for a little while as I step up my rehab and push for next season.

Bye.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Has Gossip Girl come to the end of the season?

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2012, 06:42 AM
My fondest memory of his tweeting career is celebrating the magnificence that is JT.

Kano
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
My fondest memory of his tweeting career is celebrating the magnificence that is JT.

not as good as this

https://twitter.com/louissaha08/statuses/203962555759214593

Injury Time
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
/career
/thread
Awaits Wenger "like a new signing" :rose:

V-Pig
30-06-2012, 10:52 PM
A Mirror "exclusive". Jack to miss start of the season.

They also back it up with zero sources.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-wilshere-will-miss-the-start-of-the-season-947070

Marc Overmars
01-07-2012, 10:37 AM
It's probably true anyway.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Pretty much

Dont expect to see him this side of Xmas.

If we do, its a bonus.

All from an injury that they said would take 3 weeks to heal :lol:

Wenger and the Medical staff :bow:

Joker
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Even if he does return, who knows whether he'll be back at the level he was before the injury. Getting such a long term setback so early in his career may retard his development in an irreversible way.

Kano
01-07-2012, 01:15 PM
it's no surprise that this has 'leaked' out a few days after england come out of the euros and everyones attention turned to the new saviour. after all the pearce battles they've probably delayed his come back to keep him away from the first game hype of the world cup campaign as well as lessening his work load. he'll be back and performing to his old levels no problem.

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't bet on it. Got a bad feeling he'll be as regular a fixture in the line up as Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves were in theirs.

Grebbo
02-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Something is seriously wrong here. He had his minor operation a couple of months ago and reported being in the gym etc. If you can kick a ball now then there's no way you wont be fit for the start of the season.

Either newspaper BS or career is over.

Young Guns 11
02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Seemingly confirmed by David Ornstein that he will miss the start of the season, but this is because Arsenal want to bring him back slowly, carefully etc etc not because he has had a setback..

:upset:

GunnerFan4Life
02-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Arsenal planning to bring him back slowly.
Might as well, why rush it, its been over a year, so do it properly and slowly so that he doesn't risk getting injured again.

fakeyank
02-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Time to cut our losses and move on from JW. I have even stopped selecting him on Fifa 12.. now thats some serious shit.

Wilshere :rose:

Syn
02-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Arsenal planning to bring him back slowly.
Might as well, why rush it, its been over a year, so do it properly and slowly so that he doesn't risk getting injured again.

This may sound crass but if it was any other Arsenal player (and this may have included Ramsey and Eduardo), maybe the club would try to get them back as soon as possible whilst taking the appropriate precautions - just like at any other club.

Given the severity of the situation as it stands, the club won't take any risks with Wilshere at all. He might only be 20 but he has been at this club far longer than any other player we have. If anyone matches my assessment of Wilshere's ability, it's those around him at Arsenal. I don't know what's going on with him right now since they seem to be handling things in the dark now (probably to avoid media attention), but I trust Arsenal will do whatever it takes to sort him out.

Cripps_orig
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
ARSENAL star Jack Wilshere has been disciplined by UEFA for breaking strict player rules by appearing to boast on Twitter about betting on his team.

Euro football chiefs have slapped the England midfielder, 20, with an official warning for implying he had placed a wager on a team-mate in a Champions League match.

Crocked Wilshere — who missed Euro 2012 with an ankle injury — has been given a formal ticking-off for bringing the integrity of the game into doubt.

SunSport revealed in December that UEFA had launched a probe into his tweets.

He said fellow Gunner Emmanuel Frimpong was “worth a cheeky £10” to open the scoring at odds of 150/1 in a clash with Greek side Olympiakos.

The England starlet was not involved in the match himself because of the same injury.

But as a result of a seven-month investigation, after being tipped off by The Sun, soccer bosses reached a decision yesterday that he had broken its laws.

A UEFA spokesman said: “The player has been warned for being in breach of the principles of integrity of matches and competitions.

“The disciplinary measure was a warning.”

During the game on December 6, when Frimpong hit the sidenetting with the score at 0-0, Wilshere also tweeted: “Frimmy nearly won me some money there!”

All players are banned from betting on games involving their own sides, even if they are not taking part themselves.

Wilshere is no longer on Twitter. The £50,000-a-week star closed his account last month.

A player found guilty of breaching betting rules could face a hefty fine and even a ban.

Both of his references to betting were deleted immediately from his Twitter profile that day.

And later he insisted he had been only joking, tweeting: “I didn’t actually bet on the game. I know we’re not allowed to! I was only messing just to be clear.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4420291/Jack-Wilshere-betting-row-Wilshere-rapped-for-Arsenal-wager-boast.html

Twitter :lol:

Hope hes banned til Xmas tbh seeing as he wont play again til 2013

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 01:31 PM
jack had other bets though, he bet 3k with spurs fans we would finish above them and defoe made the same, is that not betting on your own team?

and nasri and morgan had a bet over which team would win a trophy first so thats betting on your own team too. how come no investigations into these bets or is it just bets on your own team in matches?

Syn
10-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Fair point, Ollie.

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 01:34 PM
jack had other bets though, he bet 3k with spurs fans we would finish above them and defoe made the same, is that not betting on your own team?

and nasri and morgan had a bet over which team would win a trophy first so thats betting on your own team too. how come no investigations into these bets or is it just bets on your own team in matches?You cant bet on matches involving your own team.

The bet between him and Defoe wasnt over a match

Neither was the ****s and Nasris

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
You cant bet on matches involving your own team.

The bet between him and Defoe wasnt over a match

Neither was the ****s and Nasris

right so you cant bet on your own team in a match but you can bet on finishing posistions etc?

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
It seems that way, yes

McNamara That Ghost...
10-07-2012, 01:41 PM
right so you cant bet on your own team in a match but you can bet on finishing posistions etc?

That bet doesn't come under UEFA's jurasdiction. The one (not that there was an actual bet apparently) regarding Frimpong, does.

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 01:41 PM
That bet doesn't come under UEFA's jurasdiction.

is that becuase its not a uefa match?

McNamara That Ghost...
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Indeed.

Syn
10-07-2012, 01:45 PM
And as we know, finishing positions have nothing to do with matches.

Lines seem blurry to me.

It's like saying in cricket it's ok to bet on a test series but not an individual test match. Either way the player is conflicted with a specific match when it gets to the last test. Same case applies in football. Wilshere's bet on finishing above Tottenham went down to the last day - making it dependent on a specific match.

It's obviously for fun. They earn enough to not give a fuck about making/losing £100 here or there. But if you're going to be petty enough to discipline for specific matches, a group of matches (which a league season or a cup campaign is) has to be counted the same for consistency.

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Indeed.

not sure if you would know this but what happens if the defore jack bet was about who would get further in the champions league, us or the spurs. would that break uefa rules?

McNamara That Ghost...
10-07-2012, 01:56 PM
not sure if you would know this but what happens if the defore jack bet was about who would get further in the champions league, us or the spurs. would that break uefa rules?

I'd have thought so yes, even if there wasn't ever actually a bet. They don't want a Hanse Cronje, clearly.

Özim
10-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Is this guy ever going to be fit, he's just been on a year long jolly surely he's going to be ready soon?

We do seem to be specialists at thest "long term" injuries...actually we're specialists in short term ones as well.

fakeyank
10-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Is this guy ever going to be fit, he's just been on a year long jolly surely he's going to be ready soon?

We do seem to be specialists at thest "long term" injuries...actually we're specialists in short term ones as well.

This is a trophy we lift without any fail every season :trophy:

IBK
10-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Can't we take the 'super' out of the thread title - unless its changed to 'Super crock, and super crock related news (not Diaby)'?

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 12:27 AM
ARSENE WENGER admits he has no idea when Jack Wilshere will be fit to play again for Arsenal.

The England star has been sidelined for a year and is now recovering after a double operation to cure ankle and knee problems.

Wilshere has not travelled for Arsenal’s tour of the Far East, will not start the season and is unlikely to return by October.

Boss Wenger also concedes it is not ideal that new signings Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, along with Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker, are not on the pre-season trip.

Arsenal arrived here in Kuala Lumpur yesterday and will play the first of three games in Asia against a Malaysia XI tomorrow before flying to China.

The fitness of midfield ace Wilshere, 20, is a major worry. While he has suffered no setbacks following surgery in May, he has yet to kick a ball.

Wenger said: “I am positive but a bit cautious because we had so much disappointing news with him.

"Everybody in the medical department says to me he’s doing very well.

“He is still in the gym. Any player still in the gym in July is not on the pitch in August, that is for sure.

"I don’t want to give him any precise deadline because that would put him under huge pressure.

“At the moment, I’m trying to go step-by-step with him but the news is positive.

"I am more positive this time because there is no setback.

“He had his ankle problem and that reated a knee problem. He needed surgery on his knee tendon.

"The advantage of this was to heal completely the inflammation in the ankle. The ankle is perfect and the knee is doing very well. Normally he should go out again in a few weeks.

“It will take some time to come back but let’s not forget Jack is 20 and that means you recover quicker than when you’re 32.

"If he has no medical problem, he will come back very quickly.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4443762/Jack-Wilshere-injury-to-rule-him-out-until-October.html

:rose:

-Xs-
23-07-2012, 12:33 AM

We are also THE specialists at short term injuries which become long term injuries.

Fear the dreaded "2 weeks" when they come out with it. That equals 6-12 months.

Joker
23-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I think we should discount him making a serious contribution this year. He may get a few Carling Cup appearances, coming on as a sub in the league, but he won't be starting too many of the big games.

Kano
23-07-2012, 09:57 AM
it's so obvious that with the england games pending early in the season the club are being as vague as possible when it comes to his return.

no way do they want him involved in them and as soon as england were taught that defending deep every game is no long term plan, wilshere's name became the new saviour of the national team.

rather than increase the pressure and game intensity, he'll be kept well way from any football until that squad is picked.

Xhaka Can’t
23-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I hope you are right on with your assessment. But I've become so scarred with these injuries I am now accustomed to thinking of the worst possible scenario.

And then multiplying by 10.

Grebbo
23-07-2012, 10:39 AM
He'll be fine and he'll be back before Rosicky is!

Wenger's just protecting him now. If he was fucked then he wouldn't be anywhere near a gym.

Marc Overmars
29-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Wenget doesn't expect him to be fit until October.

dazthegooner
29-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Yep 2014 :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Arsene Wenger says Jack Wilshere will not play for Arsenal before October.

The 20-year-old England midfielder missed the whole of the 2011-12 campaign with an ankle problem, and had minor knee surgery in May.

"Hopefully, we will get Wilshere back playing for October," said Wenger, before Arsenal's final match of their Asia tour in Hong Kong.

"With Abou Diaby returning, it will be like signing two new players. The squad will be strong and competitive."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19036487

FFS WUMger.

Özim
29-07-2012, 07:17 PM

Or two weeks.

Özim
29-07-2012, 07:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19036487

FFS WUMger.
Is this his way of saying we're not going to sign anyone else of any note?

Kano
30-07-2012, 09:01 AM
if wilshere can stop packing it into his nostrils and get off it, then hopefully he'll be back come 2014

I_Killed_Kenny
30-07-2012, 09:32 AM
wilshere doesnt exist. thats what i think about him nowdays.

GP
30-07-2012, 09:34 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24152268.jpg

I_Killed_Kenny
30-07-2012, 09:45 AM
i'd bloody believe you!

jelgoon
30-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Worst possible scenario. Wiltshire out for crucial first three months and Diaby fit and no doubt played. Shit

I_Killed_Kenny
30-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Worst possible scenario. Wiltshire out for crucial first three months and Diaby fit and no doubt played. Shit

worse than that is we dont sign any more MF as we believe diaby is back. he gets injured long term in the 1st game after the window shuts!

Letters
30-07-2012, 10:54 AM
wilshere doesnt exist. thats what i think about him nowdays.
He's the urban spaceman, baby? :unsure:

I_Killed_Kenny
30-07-2012, 11:02 AM
lol

either that or i see dead people!!!!

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 04:47 PM
From the insider...

D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Also Jack Wilshere 'Wants the number 10 shirt'! #AFC
Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite
25m D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Some positive news: Jack Wilshere is continuing his rehabilitation with outdoor running. Going really well and in great spirits. #AFC

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 05:21 PM
the news i've heard is that his ankle crumbles every time his feet touch terra firma and that his career is over!....everyone in the media knows, everyone at the club knows, but they are keeping quiet on it....why who the fuck knows?.....Wenger's mind games....if people believe Wilshere is coming back probably no-one thinks we are as fucked up as we are.

Syn
16-08-2012, 05:24 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Jack Wilshere CONFIRMED as Arsenal's new Number 10! #AFC

rofl.

GP
16-08-2012, 05:24 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Jack Wilshere CONFIRMED as Arsenal's new Number 10! #AFC