PDA

View Full Version : Arsene Wenger

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
"Do we want to buy? I don't know because at the moment we have too big a squad, we have too many players," he added.

Was filled with such rage, even if it is a bit of a smoke screen (albeit technically true, the squad is overfilled with average players that we've had three months to offload), I want to know what you think.

If the transfer deadline comes and goes and nasri and fabregas go, and we have made no more signings (not even a defender), is that enough in your mind to say Wenger must go.....will it depend largely on how we've started.

But surely a poor league start coupled with failure to qualify for the group stage of the champions league, plus to failure to reinvest in the squad should be enough for Arsene Wenger to be handed his P45.

What say you?

Alias
12-08-2011, 06:13 PM
We have too many players? is this guy for REAL? this has gotta be one of the worst things he has ever said.

selassie
12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
"Do we want to buy? I don't know because at the moment we have too big a squad, we have too many players," he added.

Was filled with such rage, even if it is a bit of a smoke screen (albeit technically true, the squad is overfilled with average players that we've had three months to offload), I want to know what you think.

If the transfer deadline comes and goes and nasri and fabregas go, and we have made no more signings (not even a defender), is that enough in your mind to say Wenger must go.....will it depend largely on how we've started.

But surely a poor league start coupled with failure to qualify for the group stage of the champions league, plus to failure to reinvest in the squad should be enough for Arsene Wenger to be handed his P45.

What say you?

He's right we do have too many players, way too many average players that he brought to club who are getting paid way too much. We can't shift half of them because the interested clubs won't pay their salaries.

Arsene should have been fired last summer, this season is going to be all about damage limitation if we don't buy, in fact if we sell Fabregas & Nasri and don't buy I think we'll finish outside top 4.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM

What say you?

Even if we kicked him out in a month If we have a pool league start etc, We'd still be in a total mess, who'd we bring in that is quality and could make the season end on a high.

If AW does not do what is needed in the transfer window or the jan one, and we have a really bad season then he should be given his P45 come may at least offer his recognation.

Fats
12-08-2011, 06:41 PM
One last season to prove his worth or he is out!!!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 06:44 PM
With Wenger without Wenger it looks like we will have a poor season, at least we can bed a new man in.......and not throw Wenger out and desperately trying to look for someone for the start of next season.

Even if we kicked him out in a month If we have a pool league start etc, We'd still be in a total mess, who'd we bring in that is quality and could make the season end on a high.

If AW does not do what is needed in the transfer window or the jan one, and we have a really bad season then he should be given his P45 come may at least offer his recognation.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Doubt it, the board loves him. Unless Kroenke has some master plan he's keeping to himself it appears what's going on at the club is exactly what the board wants. Money, money, money. They are getting off very lightly from what I can see. Wenger is taking flak, and quite rightly, but he shouldn't be taking all of it.

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 06:46 PM

He needs to be sacked now. Look at the mess we are in. The season starts tomorrow!!

Wenger is a fucking wanker.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 06:47 PM
He needs to be sacked now. Look at the mess we are in. The season starts tomorrow!!

Wenger is a fucking wanker.

Sack him now who comes in, serious question, who'd you bring if your the chairman ?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 06:48 PM
the board will turn on wenger when we finish outside the champions league places

yes the board are greedy and incompetent, but they are not responsible for the mentality in the team embed by the manager nor the tactical naivety.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
the board will turn on wenger when we finish outside the champions league places

yes the board are greedy and incompetent, but they are not responsible for the mentality in the team embed by the manager nor the tactical naivety.

Well we will see even he is there is Udinese knock us out the CL early.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Didier Deschamps
Joachim Low
Franck Rijkaard
Carlo Ancelotti
Jurgen Klopp
Marco Van Basten
Unai Emery
Guus Hiddink
Louis Van Gaal

Boss
12-08-2011, 06:58 PM

We've been saying this for the last 4 years ffs.

Özim
12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
If we put a kids clown in charge I'm not convinced we'd be able to tell the difference.

Gubby Allen
12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
We have too many players? is this guy for REAL? this has gotta be one of the worst things he has ever said.

He eclipsed that about 30 seconds later when he said that he doesn't expect anyone to leave.

Apart from the two that are going, he is presumably including Bendtner, Eboue & even Almunia too, who he hasn't played up to now because they were close to leaving.

He's making himself look a little silly now, every time he opens his mouth. Usually you can at least see why he is saying what he is, however nonsensical, but lately there is no logic.

Özim
12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I think he might be going senile.

Boss
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I think he might be going senile.

Fats
12-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Totally but no point changing till the end of the season TBH

Ironing
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
fuck the board

Another repeat season and the fans will make sure he leaves...

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
The thing is, he's making changes to the next batch of youngsters coming up i.e. getting in pace, power and trickery with AOC/Miyachi/Campbell to go along with our Arsenal GHEL's (AGHELs?) coming through, the guys with bite/grit but technical ability too, but that won't deliver us the league within a few years and I'm not even sure it'll be enough to win a trophy this year, which is what this squad needs even more than a sprinkling of leader-like, awesomely gritty giants.

I'd mostly ignore his comments, we're going to buy another defender and we'll probably see Bendtner/Eboue/Almunia leave but it's looking increasingly like he simply can't build a team able to compete quickly enough, he's already made the fuck up that he's trying to recover from but if he can't get it going soon we risk slipping into nothing more than perennial 4th place also-rans (more so than we are atm), might be worth getting in a new guy now as we rebuild.

Ironing
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Imagine if he ever wins something again, with all these GHELs that are being blooded into the first team

Everyone that ever said we needed an 'English Spine'...