PDA

View Full Version : Arsene's "Like A New Signing"

Ironing
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Does this cliché exist it because Arsene Wenger fails to recognize the true effect of injuries on his football team?

What if that particular player gets injured again? Wenger probably is quite positive in his outlook, that the same player will not suffer the same fate.

And if he signed a new player in the same position?

What if THAT new signing gets injured? Well, then at least we have the "like a new signing" player to cover, right!?

But wait, what if they both get injured? Well that's pretty negative and PROBABLY won't happen. That's me being positive. In fact, there is even less chance of both a new singing and a "like a new signing" both getting injured, then just get the "like a new signing" player just getting injured again.

In which case, odds are in your favour if you sign a new player, rather than not, in the chances of injuries not ruining your season.

The only leveling element between the two scenarios then, is that bringing in new players will simply cost more.

Is it because Arsene is afraid to spend the cash?

If I were the board, I would see that winning trophies would make Arsenal a bigger world brand, which long-term puts the club in a better financial position than if they save in the short term, by not investing in the playing staff required to reach that long-term mark.

What the fuck is going on?

GP
12-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Have you been drinking?

Ironing
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Have you been drinking?

Just a couple of cans of K Cider, what does that post make no sense or something?

Injury Time
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Just a couple of cans of K Cider
And your other personality has been on the absinthe?

Özim
13-08-2011, 09:53 AM
He's says the like a new signing think because he doesn't seem to learn anything, how often do the same players have to get injured before he actually realises he'll never get a full season out of them.

I swear this guy has the memory of a goldfish, you can have the worst run you can think of and he'll erase is from his memory within a couple weeks.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-08-2011, 09:58 AM
he says the player coming back is like a new signing.

what he doesnt understand is the player gets injured again as he's injury prone.

so its an endless cycle of 'its like a new signing' because the player comes back from injury then gets injured again.