PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction Vs Newcastle away

AKBapologist
13-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Those who wanted us to become more defensive may be set to get there wish...

0-0

*Yawn*

AKBapologist
13-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Also, what the hell is wrong with this forum??

AKBapologist
13-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Also, song is probably set to get a 3 match ban along with gervinho :coffee:

Özim
13-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Dogshite result, dogshite manager.

Lots of boo's for him thank f*ck, also some chants about spending money.

Edinburgh Gooner
13-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Never ever want to see that cunt Barton in an Arsenal shirt! What a piece of shit that man is. No one deserved to win that game. Pretty mundane IMO!!

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Also, what the hell is wrong with this forum??

Mods can delete my Match reaction thread.

The funniest thing about today's game it that to use One of AW Cliche's We actuallly did Lack Sharpness

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Also, song is probably set to get a 3 match ban along with gervinho :coffee:

why, he never got sent off

KSE Comedy Club
13-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Boring game to watch.

Nothing more to say really?

Ironing
13-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Match reaction should be in the arsenal matches forum, and the original thread locked

Thanks.

Aaron Wilshere
Very good defensively, horrible going forward, flat as a pancake.

3 game bans for Song and Gervinho too.

Line up vs Mugsmashers and Mancs:

Frimpong
Ramsey
Rosicky

Arshavin
Feo
RVP

Should be fun!

AKBapologist
why, he never got sent off
Retroactive punishment because the ref didn't see his stamp during the game.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Only caught the 2nd half but our lack of any creativity up front was clear to see. It's a big problem we need to overcome ASAP. I guess the benefit of the doubt can be given as well seeing as Wilshere was missing, and Rosicky was his replacement, who happens to be garbage.

St James' Park is never an easy ground for us, we seem to draw A LOT there. I can't remember too many wins there in the past 10 years or so.

Ah well. On we go.

And yes, the site is very slow, maybe the new server can't deal with the match day traffic?

Asthmatic Kitty
13-08-2011, 06:39 PM
well at least rosicky looked good.

Boss
13-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Desperately missing some creativity.

Rosicky looked good which is a plus, Arshavin looked a lot fitter than last year.

Gervinho looks like he can achieve something with us but his end product is dire, needs to step it up.

Barton is a fucking scum cunt, can't believe I put him down as a possible transfer target for us. The referee is a moron as well.

Defense looks solid, dealt with everything they threw at us. Our team looks like we haven't had a preseason yet from midfield onwards though.

In conclusion, buy some fucking attacking midfielders plsthx.

Edinburgh Gooner
13-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Gervinho lively, Ramsey keen, RVP Isolated. Arshavin should have played the Cesc role. Song very very lucky but looked solid. Defensively we were sound. Going forward we looked a little lost for ideas.

Grebbo
Pretty crap.

Joker
Taylor and Barton are both scumbags.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 06:43 PM
That , my friends - is why we need Cesc.
Looks like we were playing with a cesc sized hole in the midfield. Nothing of the tactics sort has been changed. The tactics were suppoeed to be built around Fabregas. But without him we need to change the play. A new playmaker could sort that out.
The defending was decent though.

CBs , DM and GK were good.
Attacking was lethargic with no acceleration.
Crosses/final passes/shots were useless as usual.

Nice through ball by Arshavin. Maybe let him try the playmaker spot? :lol:

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Scum prevails again.

Another typical day in the world of football.

I'm off to support The Hurricanes.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Hopefully the attack wake up in time for Tuesday, need to win that and win well.

Joker
13-08-2011, 06:45 PM
That ESPN motherfucking piece of shit Ray Stubbs is defending Barton by claiming Song was instigator of everything that took place.

Go join the BNP you lowlife.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 06:46 PM
That ESPN motherfucking piece of shit Ray Stubbs is defending Barton by claiming Song was instigator of everything that took place.

:bow:

Sirjackofwilshere
13-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Ramsey looks a shadow of his former self. Defence good, attack atrocious. Why the Fuck can't some of the imbeciles in our team learn from experience...sure Barton is a risible cunt, but don't fall for his bs again ffs

Joker
And that Taylor is such a fucking coward. He claims that Gervinho "elbowed" Barton when it didn't happen, then in the post match interview he claims he didn't see anything. Then why did you indicate he was elbowed you fucking bastard?

This is the same guy who has dived for penalties in the past, and also comically tried to avoid being sent off by clutching his chest after handballing in the penalty area a few years ago.

Thoroughly unpleasant individual.

The Realist
If Gervinho was gonna hit barton at least punch the fucking lowlife and not just slap him. Gervinho should have gone all in on that fucker.

Japan Shaking All Over
Ekoku was saying that Barton was a victim for the stamping incident......failing to add that Barton tried to follow through on Song......Song slightly dim to do what he did to be fair as he was on a yellow

Ekoku was on our side for the Gervinho spat......saying it is amazing what players go on for these days

the thing I cant stand is the way Barton was walking around saying he punched me......after all the things he has done.....the guy should just accept he is a thug and never look for sympathy

god I hope a riot burns down his house tonight......the scum cunt (shit is that a word?)

Ironing
13-08-2011, 06:51 PM

Song fucking stamped on Barton randomly!

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Diaby got sent off for grabbing Barton last season.

Barton gets a yellow for doing the same.

Why is this disgusting piece of filth still alive?

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Ramsey looks a shadow of his former self. Defence good, attack atrocious. Why the Fuck can't some of the imbeciles in our team learn from experience...sure Barton is a risible cunt, but don't fall for his bs again ffs

Yeah, Ramsey was nowhere today. The bitter fact is, we're now relying on Wilshere, a kid who's just started out, to drive our midfield. Wenger needs to get the chequebook out immediately and start thinking numbers in the region £40M - £50M, not £25.75p for another unknown from the French league.

Joker

Yes and that was stupid, but that bigot Stubbs was trying to act as if Barton only confronted Gervinho because he was wound up over the Song incident.

GP

Poor barton. He's the real victim. We should have a whip round, send him some flowers.

:rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
What other sport endorses gamesmanship like Football does? It's pretty much a key to victory in most matches you see.

Maddening sport and I'm glad I don't find myself as emotionally invested as I used to be.

Football. :haha:

Ernesto
13-08-2011, 06:55 PM
What a laboured, half-hearted, shitty display from the Arsenal. In some respects, thank goodness for Joey Barton for getting me fired up to some degree, at least.

Gone are the days where we start with a means to go on. A powerful win away from home to set out our stall. Nope. Let's just carry on as we did late last season.

Dicks.

Aaron Wilshere
13-08-2011, 06:55 PM
We always seem to have poor/ controversial games on ESPN, made all the more infuriating by the utterly cuntish punditry and commentary.

I mean Chris fucking Waddle! What a ring piece.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 06:57 PM
ESPN have certainly made their minds up, Barton is the victim. The power of TV, turning bullshit into truth for 100 years.

Joker
13-08-2011, 06:58 PM
We always seem to have poor/ controversial games on ESPN, made all the more infuriating by the utterly cuntish punditry and commentary.

I mean Chris fucking Waddle! What a ring piece.

The good thing about Waddle was he pointed out how foreign players are always slated for cheating and diving, and yet today it was two English players in Barton and Taylor most responsible for cheating.

The rest were utter pondlife though.

The Realist
13-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Diaby got sent off for grabbing Barton last season.

Barton gets a yellow for doing the same.

Why is this disgusting piece of filth still alive?

Calm down, Barton earned his pay check today he earnt his team a valuable point and was an irritant. Exactly what their manager asked. We need to look at our own squad and they are far from good enough.

Joker
13-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Calm down, Barton earned his pay check today he earnt his team a valuable point and was an irritant. Exactly what their manager asked. We need to look at our own squad and they are far from good enough.

I agree, our squad is far from good enough and Wenger deserves the sack for neglecting to strengthen in key areas.

But people are right to call Barton and Taylor bastards, because that's what they are.

GP
13-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Barton was Man of the Match. His prize is a concrete overcoat and a trip along the Tyne.

He fully deserves it.

Özim
13-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm not gonna focus on Barton, the bloke is a tw*t.

What's more important is that our team isn't good enough and desperately needs investment in quality players.....not kids, not cheap ass nobodies, not over the hill average joe's.

Best thing about today for me was seeing Wenger being booed and the chants about spending money......maybe they'll start listening.

Ironing
13-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Poor barton. He's the real victim. We should have a whip round, send him some flowers.

Yeah, i'm sure you'd say the same thing if Barton did that to Song

Don't be a hypocrite.

Song was a cunt. Barton was a wind-up. Gervinho is a fucking moron who at 24 still hasn't worked out not to raise his hands to an opposition players face.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Good point. Fully expected us to lose that and quite comfortably but we held on and we got a clean sheet. Wenger will now use this as a reason not to get a CB.As for the other end of the pitch which has been our biggest problem for years, we looked toothless. No creativity in the middle. Ramsey is a bit shit. Was overated cos of his injury and now showing why. Gervinho :lol: Still a couple of weeks to go til the end of the window so maybe we can sell him back.

GP
My reaction:

For the all the criticism of our defence, we were rock solid today. Verm and Kos are both excellent.

Özim

Don't be a hypocrite.

Song was a cunt. Barton was a wind-up. Gervinho is a fucking moron who at 24 still hasn't worked out not to raise his hands to an opposition players face.
:goodpost:

Özim
13-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Good point. Fully expected us to lose that and quite comfortably but we held on and we got a clean sheet. Wenger will now use this as a reason not to get a CB.As for the other end of the pitch which has been our biggest problem for years, we looked toothless. No creativity in the middle. Ramsey is a bit shit. Was overated cos of his injury and now showing why. Gervinho :lol: Still a couple of weeks to go til the end of the window so maybe we can sell him back.
Probably right, no CB because we kept one measly clean sheet and no forwards because we lacked a little bit of sharpness.

Joker
13-08-2011, 07:09 PM
:goodpost:

Barton should have walked as well, because he did effectively what Diaby did to Barton last season. Yes, Gervinho was stupid and so was Song, but the referee handled the brawl in a poor way.

Ernesto
13-08-2011, 07:11 PM
What did Taylor do? I missed that.

Disgraceful dive by Gervinho, it has to be said. Looks like he's got the right sh!thead characteristics to play with the current crop.

AKBapologist
Not that it was a penalty or anything before all that shit happened.

Ironing
Barton should have walked as well, because he did effectively what Diaby did to Barton last season. Yes, Gervinho was stupid and so was Song, but the referee handled the brawl in a poor way.

Don't think Barton should have walked for picking up someone off the floor

Re: Diaby two wrongs don't make a right, and it's not as if both incidents happened in the same game

GP
13-08-2011, 07:12 PM

Disgraceful dive by Gervinho, it has to be said. Looks like he's got the right sh!thead characteristics to play with the current crop.

Are you nuts? That was a stonewall penalty.

AKBapologist

erm?

GP

Except that isn't what he did you and you know it.

Joker
13-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Taylor indicated that Barton was "elbowed" by Gervinho, even though it was nothing more than a weak push in the face. Then he claimed he didn't see the incident in his post match interview.

Ernesto

Don't be a hypocrite.

Exactly. What I don't get is why a player doesn't push Barton in the chest to get him away (at worst you'll get a red card but the ban should be rescinded given the circumstances) OR, if you are going to strike him in the face, wallop him and make sure he doesn't f*** with the Arsenal the next season (cos he's done this 2 seasons in a row now and Wenger isn't wise to it)

Instead, we get a pussy slap which makes a bitch fight look like UFC.

The Realist
Guy on Sky Sports 1 saying we should have signed Given :haha:

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 07:15 PM
If Song and Gervinho were sent off as well as Barton and other Newcastle cavemen, people wouldn't complain. They both deserved to.

It's the fact that Barton and other British players like him always get away with their antics. Gervinho wouldn't have had time to stroke him if the ref had done his job properly. He let the Newcastle players do what they wanted and waited until an Arsenal player reacted and when he did, he was instantly off!

And it was a penalty.

When the result is decided by cheating players and cheating refs and cheating authorities, there's no point to the 'sport' anymore.

Özim
13-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't disagree, but there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy on here as well.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Taylor indicated that Barton was "elbowed" by Gervinho, even though it was nothing more than a weak push in the face. Then he claimed he didn't see the incident in his post match interview.

Looking at the replay I don't think he did see it. Which makes the elbow shit even worse. He almost crapped his pants during the post game interview.

Özim
13-08-2011, 07:17 PM
If Song and Gervinho were sent off as well as Barton and other Newcastle cavemen, people wouldn't complain. They both deserved to.

It's the fact that Barton and other British players like him always get away with their antics. Gervinho wouldn't have had time to stroke him if the ref had done his job properly. He let the Newcastle players do what they wanted and waited until an Arsenal player reacted and when he did, he was instantly off!

And it was a penalty.

When the result is decided by cheating players and cheating refs and cheating authorities, there's no point to the 'sport' anymore.
Song didn't get sent off though.

Joker
13-08-2011, 07:18 PM

And it was a penalty.

And expect no criticism in the press tomorrow of Barton and Taylor's cheating. Remember how Wayne Rooney got a red card after some provocation against Portugal in the World Cup? The media were united in criticising the Portuguese players for trying to get a fellow professional sent off. That is exactly what these two scumbags did, and the fact that Barton is still trying to maintain he got punched is pathetic.

What Newcastle did today is exactly what the far right press claim foreign teams exclusively do. Well, it's clear that good, honest, white English professionals are as capable of this type of crude gamesmanship as more dusky, exotic foreigners.

Ernesto
13-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Re: Diaby two wrongs don't make a right, and it's not as if both incidents happened in the same game

It was a dive, weren't it? Saw it three times. Couldn't watch it the 4th time cos I was too embarrassed to.

AKBapologist
13-08-2011, 07:20 PM
It was a dive, weren't it? Saw it three times. Couldn't watch it the 4th time cos I was too embarrassed to.
If a dive means, clear contact, yes, it was a drive.

Joker
13-08-2011, 07:21 PM

I thought there was some contact, and even the ESPN panellists who were sucking Newcastle's cock throughout the match felt there might have been contact. I'm not saying it was a definite penalty, but if that's a dive, then there are 100s of dives throughout every match.

I'll admit that there was a dive by Gervinho in the first half though which was more blatant.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Song didn't get sent off though.

That's why I wrote "if".

I have no problem with players being sent off if it's what they deserve. The rules are not applied equally, however.

Ironing
13-08-2011, 07:38 PM

I didn't see enough replay, initially thought it was a dive, but apparently there was contact.

Doesn't mean it was a legitimate foul

Fair to say he was looking for it?

GP
13-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I didn't see enough replay, initially thought it was a dive, but apparently there was contact.

Doesn't mean it was a legitimate foul

Fair to say he was looking for it?

lol

no

Fair to say it was a stonewall penalty

RomfordPele
13-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Didn't see the game as was at work, but seems like it the same old shite. Couldn't break a team down, reacted to the other team's wind-up merchant and gave the ref an excuse to send our guy off, and will now spend the next couple of days seething about the so-called "injustice". Rather than (and I'm shouting this bit) LEARNING FUCKING LESSONS FROM LAST SEASON WHEN THE SAME SHIT HAPPENED.

But like I say, I didn't see the game so couldn't possibly comment.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Didn't watch the game cos mainly couldn't be arsed to go round my cousins to watch it. Doubt I'll watch MOTD either so will watch nothing of this game but listened to it all on TalkSport which is as good as it gets in terms of commentary and if the match looked as boring as it sounded then thank fuck I didn't watch it.

Syn
13-08-2011, 08:03 PM
if the match looked as boring as it sounded then thank fuck I didn't watch it.

Pretty much. Only checked the score...0-0? Expected. Yeah, unlucky lads...better luck next time and all that shit.

Fucking retards.

Dennis
13-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Same result as last year. Dont know why everyone's so upset.

Not a bad result really.

Fairly sure the cesc/lesbo situations havent helped team preparations.

Ironing
13-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Have to say, Rosicky is sloppy, I'm fearful when he's on the ball

Özim
13-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Typical Wenger he saw the Gervinho incident and said either both should get a yellow or both a red saw Barton complain to the 4th official about the Song stamp, but never saw the Song incident claiming he wasn't particularly involved in the incident he was just watching the match.

I guess he see's what he wants to see.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Typical Wenger he saw the Gervinho incident and said either both should get a yellow or both a red saw Barton complain to the 4th official about the Song stamp, but never saw the Song incident claiming he wasn't particularly involved in the incident he was just watching the match.

I guess he see's what he wants to see.

Oh stop moaning Cunt lol what else were you expecting him to say mate lol, i knew he'd say it lol

Özim
13-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh stop moaning Cunt lol what else were you expecting him to say mate lol, i knew he'd say it lol
Yeah cos he's a pr*ck.

He even commented on Joey Barton talking to the 4th official.

Coney
13-08-2011, 08:43 PM
On the plus side, despite playing all of our games this season going down to 10 men with poor finishing, we are still joint 3rd. :good:

StamfordBrdige
13-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I find it quite odd/funny that some people think your defence played very well.

Your defence basically had fuck all to do cos Newcastle were shite. They couldn't have scored a goal today if their lives depended on it. The next 2 PL matches will give a much better indication of whether your defence has improved or not (from last season).

I'm pretty sure it hasn't and i'm pretty sure you guys will again have the worst defence of the top 4 teams.

Coney
13-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Your defence basically had fuck all to do cos Newcastle were shite. They couldn't have scored a goal today if their lives depended on it. The next 2 PL matches will give a much better indication of whether your defence has improved or not (from last season).

I'm pretty sure it hasn't and i'm pretty sure you guys will again have the worst defence of the top 4 teams.

So you think we will end up in the top 4 then.

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 08:49 PM

TBH, our defence is use to cocking up the most simplest of things so today's performance gives us optimism to really if we have taken out the dumb cock ups.

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Anyway, the sending off is the least of our problems.

Defence did what they had to do. As well as Chez :bow:

We are lacking the 'cesc' so when him and nasri go, wenger needs to get in one of mata or jadson or any playmaker that will help fill in the creativity because ramsey and wilshere can't do all this season.

Ros and Arsh who were crap last season had good games as well.

Rvp was dogshite, but he will get going so not sure on our striking options....

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Cant question the commitment of the players. It was top notch.. however you only get so far with a field full of mediocre players

Ramsey is shit

Rosicky adds pace to a game and then passes it sideways. Shouldve sold the turd

Gervinho has pace and is direct.. but whats the point when he wont shoot or the final ball is shit. Early days of course..

Back 4 and GK were solid.. no complains!

RVP looked clueless but then never got any decent service other than Arshavin's lob

Arshavin, other than the lob.. shit!

Barton is a c*nt!

Finally, we will be lucky to get 4th. We look shit... also, AW seems to be taking this (not conceding against Newcastle) as an excuse to not buy a CB. We need to change to a 4-4-2 asap.. this 4-3-3 bollocks ends up being a 4-5-1 most of the time and players seem to be all over the place... stick two strikers up front against teams like Newcastle, Fulham, Villa etc.

Is anything going to change? Probably not. We have a cunt as our manager.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I guess we'll know a bit more after the next few games which look very tough, nothing like a baptism of fire to get going.

I can't help but worry about the lack of creativity though, hopefully today can just be put down to rustiness and the lack of Wilshere, but I think Cesc is going to leave an even bigger hole than we first anticipated.

Of course this can be compensated if we sign a new CM which we would surely have to.

fari
13-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I guess we'll know a bit more after the next few games which look very tough, nothing like a baptism of fire to get going.

I can't help but worry about the lack of creativity though, hopefully today can just be put down to rustiness and the lack of Wilshere, but I think Cesc is going to leave an even bigger hole than we first anticipated.

Of course this can be compensated if we sign a new CM which we would surely have to.

i agree 100%

Syn
13-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Nah, Cesc sucks cock.

When Henry wasn't on his game, he'd still win you matches.

When Cesc isn't on his game, we might as well be playing with 10 men.

But when Cesc is on his game, he's a brilliant player. Just a shame he doesn't want to play for us. Sucks for us but there's no point hanging on to him, really. Last season he was a liability, let's be honest.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Alot of it was clearly rustiness or plain carelessness.

RVP fluffed some simple lay-offs. Arshavin, as ridiculous as he can be sometimes, often plays good final balls but monged up easy ones today. And Gervinho also messed up when he had time and space. If even one or two of these easy passes had been made, there wouldn't be so much :upset: about our creativity. Ramsey did have a poor game though. If we're like this over the next few weeks, then it will be a worry. We barely created anything in the first game at Liverpool last year either.

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 09:11 PM
But when Cesc is on his game, he's a brilliant player. Just a shame he doesn't want to play for us. Sucks for us but there's no point hanging on to him, really. Last season he was a liability, let's be honest.

Pretty much. Fabregas racked up assists like Vela racked up his chips when we steamrolled through poor defences.

When we were in an attritional match, he was often the biggest passenger. He even assisted the opposition sometimes in these situations.

kas
13-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Alot of it was clearly rustiness or plain carelessness.

RVP fluffed some simple lay-offs. Arshavin, as ridiculous as he can be sometimes, often plays good final balls but monged up easy ones today. And Gervinho also messed up when he had time and space. If even one or two of these easy passes had been made, there wouldn't be so much :upset: about our creativity. Ramsey did have a poor game though. If we're like this over the next few weeks, then it will be a worry. We barely created anything in the first game at Liverpool last year either.

Sadly Ramsey's injury seems to have made him slower & he struggles to keep pace. A few times today he just couldn't catch up with the opponents - sad, he was never fast before the injury.

StamfordBrdige
13-08-2011, 09:23 PM
So you think we will end up in the top 4 then.

Not sure tbh. Normally when people say arsenal will finish outside the top 4 i disagree wholeheartedly. This season however there is a good chance of that happening. If Cesc & Nasri leave and AW doesn't sign experienced quality replacements then i'm pretty sure you'll finish outside the top4.

Unless somehow AW manages to get the worst squad he's had for quite a few years to perform at twice their ability. I really doubt that will happen.

gunnerrrrr
13-08-2011, 09:35 PM
we could have been playing QPR today and we still wouldnt have scored....tippy tappy bollox.

When are these fuckers going to start shooting at goal when the opportunities presents itself.....fucking unbelivable

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 09:40 PM
we could have been playing QPR today and we still wouldnt have scored....tippy tappy bollox.

When are these fuckers going to start shooting at goal when the opportunities presents itself.....fucking unbelivable

As soon as the son of a c*ck Wenger leaves... hopefully next season, once we drop out of top 4 and crash out of CL places by next week! :pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 09:44 PM
As soon as the son of a c*ck Wenger leaves... hopefully next season, once we drop out of top 4 and crash out of CL places by next week! :pray:

Arsenal fans praying for Arsenal to fail fecking discusting tbh, Arsenal don't need supporters like you

Keith
13-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Barton tweet

"If i stayed up or went down its not relevant, raises his hands off. I was merely highlighting he struck me"

So surely, the same applies to Gervinho, he felt the touch and went down. Only to be dragged up by this shirt...

Alias
13-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Barton is such a FUCKING CUNT. I love that he acts all hard yet goes down like a little pussy bitch when touched by Gervinho, God I hate that man so fucking much. I wish Gervinho had punched him and broke his nose, I wouldnt even care if he got a 10 game ban just as long as Barton got hurt.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Arsenal fans praying for Arsenal to fail fecking discusting tbh, Arsenal don't need supporters like you

TBH Arsenal dont need supporters who are just ready to be passengers and accept anything and everything given to them. People with your attitude unfortunately run this club where there is zero ambition. We have to decide if we want to stay in the top league or be the regular joe's you see at a work place with no ambition other than to take a measly pay check every month.
I want MY club to be challenging for honors and not merely talking about it and then getting steamrolled out of every competition. For that to happen, we need a drastic change in the way the club is run. AW is never going to be sacked till he delivers 4th place and CL football.. are you happy with that? You probably are.. but I want my club to at least give a fuck and try to win the PL, FA cup and/or CL. Mere participation matters fuck all.. nobody remembers the 2nd or 3rd place teams!

This club is run by c*nts from the boardroom down to the players playing it. Boardroom ppl dying to make pre-tax/post-tax profits, manager delivering exactly that, players who cant be arsed to give a fuck and unfortunately a size-able (albeit decreasing) amount of fans who are happy with the shit being served. Time to man the fuck up tbh!

Kano
13-08-2011, 10:07 PM
gerv deserved to go, I would expect an opposition player that slapped one of our lot to be sent off too.

not sure if barton should've stayed or gone. again, if an arsenal player had dragged another off the floor after a 'dive' (I think a lot of arsenal fans would've called nani a diver for doing similar, even if there was small contact), then I would be livid if they were sent off. a booking is about right.

it's a tough call for a ref to upgrade that to a red when he knows the player that has gone down was actually hit.

stupid by gerv. We'll miss him against utd and pool.

barton obviously thought he could have gerv up easily but could to see the guy has that sort of fight in him, not about to be pushed around by anyone.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:11 PM
TBH Arsenal dont need supporters who are just ready to be passengers and accept anything and everything given to them. People with your attitude unfortunately run this club where there is zero ambition. We have to decide if we want to stay in the top league or be the regular joe's you see at a work place with no ambition other than to take a measly pay check every month. I want MY club to be challenging for honors and not merely talking about it and then getting steamrolled out of every competition. For that to happen, we need a drastic change in the way the club is run. AW is never going to be sacked till he delivers 4th place and CL football.. are you happy with that? You probably are.. but I want my club to at least give a fuck and try to win the PL, FA cup and/or CL. Mere participation matters fuck all.. nobody remembers the 2nd or 3rd place teams!

This club is run by c*nts from the boardroom down to the players playing it. Boardroom ppl dying to make pre-tax/post-tax profits, manager delivering exactly that, players who cant be arsed to give a fuck and unfortunately a size-able (albeit decreasing) amount of fans who are happy with the shit being served. Time to man the fuck up tbh!

Booo hoo , do you want some Cheese to go with that Whine, Mate you sound like AW moaning. WTF you on about did i say Arsenal should be run the way it is.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Booo hoo , do you want some Cheese to go with that Whine, Mate you sound like AW moaning. WTF you on about did i say Arsenal should be run the way it is.

Yes, I want cheese.

You didnt say it per say but you are saying I shouldnt be a supporter for wanting us out of top 4. You and I know that its better if we get out of the top 4 and CL places. Our club needs changes from top to bottom.. Getting 4th spot is not going to change anything! Also why would you want us to play in the CL? Is it because it gives our club extra money? Whats the point- is it getting re-invested? Are we supporters seeing any of that money? NO! I'd rather not see my club clear the group stages and then fold and die in the knock out stages. Whats the point in just making up the numbers?

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Booo hoo , do you want some Cheese to go with that Whine
Cr*p joke alert :police:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes, I want cheese.

You didnt say it per say but you are saying I shouldnt be a supporter for wanting us out of top 4. You and I know that its better if we get out of the top 4 and CL places. Our club needs changes from top to bottom.. Getting 4th spot is not going to change anything! Also why would you want us to play in the CL? Is it because it gives our club extra money? Whats the point- is it getting re-invested? Are we supporters seeing any of that money? NO! I'd rather not see my club clear the group stages and then fold and die in the knock out stages. Whats the point in just making up the numbers?

Mate 1st if i was rude to you in previous posts then i aoplogise. I agree with you and understand the frustration. I Rather we played in the Cl because at least this team would not feel like losers all the waythrough the season. We don't need the players to get a bigger hangover for most of this season.

Problem with suppoters is that they need to do the talking with their feet and people don't want to do that, its the only way AW and his cunts will listen.

Why don't some posters like ACH ,etc give in their season ticket if they feel strongly about the situation.

There is a big problem the team looked alwful today, nobody seem to know what was going on, you could see the fabregas and Nasri thing is affecting them big time.

This is where it should have been sorted out big time, we don't even have a captain atm. IMO the manager does not look healthy and if he don't wantch it he could go the same way as Gerard Houeilie.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Cr*p joke alert :police:

who said its a Joke lol

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:27 PM
who said its a Joke lol:lol:

Seaman's Ponytail
13-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Chez - 10 - Did everything asked of him (which admittedly was fuck all) Great to see our keeper dominating his area aerially
Gibbs - 6 - Defensively sound but seemed to lack the skill or maybe confidence to play a cutting ball going forward. Had many opportunities to thread the ball thru to RVP but opted to go back
Kos - 9 - Excellent performance, dominated strikers more physically imposing than him
Verm - 8 - Rock solid though did seem to play a little deep at times
Sagna - 7 - Solid if unspectacular, didn;t add a lot going forward and final ball was average
Song - 8 - Another solid performance, probably only a 7 but gets an extra point for stamping on that cunt Barton
Ramsay - 5 - Gave too much ball away and looked like he needs to lose 5kgs at least
Arshavin - 6 - One great ball to RVP but faded out of the game too much
Rosicky - 7 - Surprising looked ok, needs to be more direct though
Gervy - 4 - Looked clueless "(as demonstrated by the Barton incident) and final ball was truely woeful, needs to improve
RVP - 5 - Gave ball away and didn't get involved enough (sometimes not his fault admittedly, lack of service was appalling)

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:30 PM
:lol:

we need to get all the laughs we can get if Arsenal keep playing like that.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Have to Kos looks good when he has a world class CB next to him, he seemed to know his job today. Wenger has to find that Balance so w get it right, why does it feel that we be ok defensively but shite offensively.

fakeyank
14-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Mate 1st if i was rude to you in previous posts then i aoplogise. I agree with you and understand the frustration. I Rather we played in the Cl because at least this team would not feel like losers all the waythrough the season. We don't need the players to get a bigger hangover for most of this season.

Problem with suppoters is that they need to do the talking with their feet and people don't want to do that, its the only way AW and his cunts will listen.

Why don't some posters like ACH ,etc give in their season ticket if they feel strongly about the situation.

There is a big problem the team looked alwful today, nobody seem to know what was going on, you could see the fabregas and Nasri thing is affecting them big time.

This is where it should have been sorted out big time, we don't even have a captain atm. IMO the manager does not look healthy and if he don't wantch it he could go the same way as Gerard Houeilie.

My bad if I sounded rude too. I was pissed off after the result. However I still do think we need a drastic jolt i.e. getting out of CL or out of top 4 for the board n manager to get out of the slumber they are in now! I'm just sick of seeing the same thing happening season after season.. I want my club to be a football club, not a business club!

fakeyank
14-08-2011, 03:30 AM
Have to Kos looks good when he has a world class CB next to him, he seemed to know his job today. Wenger has to find that Balance so w get it right, why does it feel that we be ok defensively but shite offensively.

It was just one game where Newcastle really didnt push us. I will be more at peace when I see us defending one goal leads. You know what, we'll find out soon enough against Pool, Manure and Udinese! I still do not think we defend well as a unit and we are one injury away from having headless chickens at the back. I do think Schxsdy is a great presence at the back and is commanding!

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Missed the last 30 minutes of the game but I'm not surprised about the draw. Gervinho was dangerous and we seemed to be attacking the flanks more than passing around the edge of the box. Arshavin seemed okay as well but the final ball and finishing was missing from both players. Gervinho's lack of shooting worries me. He had loads of chances to shoot but went for the pass. That has to change.

Good to see us looking more dangerous on the flanks, but now we have a problem down the middle. Ramsey was Mia but what did we expect! He's just a kid. Wenger might as well go back to 442. If the creativity isn't coming from the middle and we no longer rely on Cesc conducting play, we might as well move on from 433.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Missed the last 30 minutes of the game but I'm not surprised about the draw. Gervinho was dangerous and we seemed to be attacking the flanks more than passing around the edge of the box. Arshavin seemed okay as well but the final ball and finishing was missing from both players. Gervinho's lack of shooting worries me. He had loads of chances to shoot but went for the pass. That has to change.

Good to see us looking more dangerous on the flanks, but now we have a problem down the middle. Ramsey was Mia but what did we expect! He's just a kid. Wenger might as well go back to 442. If the creativity isn't coming from the middle and we no longer rely on Cesc conducting play, we might as well move on from 433.
:gp: You have to wonder why we were playing balls down the middle when we had all that pace. How gould was Theo when he came on? can see him being a striker in the next few games as Chmackh was not even brought on, could he be out the door too.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 09:37 AM

That was pretty much what I was thinking, especially about 4-4-2, I think it kinda bodes well for future matches as when we do have that 'little bit of sharpness in the final third' I think we'll be able to break teams down a little more easy without it being congested in the middle

I reckon some of it is down to the legacy of last season, as you suggested a few weeks back, we know the immense pressure that is being piled on and with the fans getting on the back of the manager and the team in pretty much every game we play it must be some form of hindrance.

Boss
14-08-2011, 09:58 AM
4-4-2 isn't a formation that's successful anymore as everyone uses 4-3-3.

Do it and we'll be outnumbered in CM, that you can cope with if the players are good enough and you're playing in Spain, in England there's no chance.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:02 AM
That was pretty much what I was thinking, especially about 4-4-2, I think it kinda bodes well for future matches as when we do have that 'little bit of sharpness in the final third' I think we'll be able to break teams down a little more easy without it being congested in the middle

I reckon some of it is down to the legacy of last season, as you suggested a few weeks back, we know the immense pressure that is being piled on and with the fans getting on the back of the manager and the team in pretty much every game we play it must be some form of hindrance.

It makes sense to move back to 4-4-2 now. Our two most creative players are wingers and number 10 type strikers like RVP and Arshavin. I saw a load of chances created from the flanks but we had nobody running into the box to follow up and that's what Cesc was good at doing, arriving late in the box. It may take some time for Ramsey or Wilshere to get that down but to be honest, we don't have the time to see they get it right. Just play the strongest formation against the right opposition. I can understand playing 4-3-3 against stronger teams, but not against every team.

For me, I'd play Arshavin with RVP as a pair with Gervinho and Theo on the flanks. We have a load of options but I doubt it will happen. It took Wenger a very long time to switch us from 4-2-2 to 4-3-3 and even when he did it, we were playing Cesc too high up the field with Denilson and Song holding behind him. Tactically, he's slow and it takes him a very long time to try something different.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 10:09 AM
think we played alright seeing as all of our creative CM's were injured/not available (nascunt, cesc and jack). rosicky was good but doesnt have the intelligence nor tenacity to open up defenses. with jack there we would have won the game no doubt.

we were very good defensively, looks like we may have worked on that over summer which is promising.

i would have bought on chamberlain instead of theo, and sooner than what wenger did.

overall not as bad as i thought we'd be, especially with everything thats happened so far in the summer transfer market.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:12 AM

Do it and we'll be outnumbered in CM, that you can cope with if the players are good enough and you're playing in Spain, in England there's no chance.

In a normal match, sure. In our matches, it's a viable option, teams attack us less and with our more fluid attack we have the bodies in the right areas, it just means we have another guy making runs in the middle instead of milling around in midfield, that's a benefit in some games.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:14 AM
think we played alright seeing as all of our creative CM's were injured/not available (nascunt, cesc and jack). rosicky was good but doesnt have the intelligence nor tenacity to open up defenses. with jack there we would have won the game no doubt.

we were very good defensively, looks like we may have worked on that over summer which is promising.

i would have bought on chamberlain instead of theo, and sooner than what wenger did.

overall not as bad as i thought we'd be, especially with everything thats happened so far in the summer transfer market.

Come on now. Oxo Cube has never played at this level and it makes no sense to bring him on instead of Theo.

As for Jack making the difference....last seasons stats say otherwise. He doesn't score or assist much. Too early to make him the saviour of this club and I think we all may expect a bit too much of him this season.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Man Utd still use it and that's because of the type of players they have. It makes more sense to play a formation where you get the best out of your key players. Ramsey and Wilshere aren't our best players and not that creative. One of them should be on the bench.

Arshavin, RVP, Gervinho and Walcott are the four players most likely to create chances and score goals and the problem we had yesterday was that we didn't have enough creativity in and around the box because Ramsey and Rosicky couldn't thread through the passes or get shots on goals.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:18 AM
It makes sense to move back to 4-4-2 now. Our two most creative players are wingers and number 10 type strikers like RVP and Arshavin. I saw a load of chances created from the flanks but we had nobody running into the box to follow up and that's what Cesc was good at doing, arriving late in the box. It may take some time for Ramsey or Wilshere to get that down but to be honest, we don't have the time to see they get it right. Just play the strongest formation against the right opposition. I can understand playing 4-3-3 against stronger teams, but not against every team.

For me, I'd play Arshavin with RVP as a pair with Gervinho and Theo on the flanks. We have a load of options but I doubt it will happen. It took Wenger a very long time to switch us from 4-2-2 to 4-3-3 and even when he did it, we were playing Cesc too high up the field with Denilson and Song holding behind him. Tactically, he's slow and it takes him a very long time to try something different.

Yeah, look at the pass Arshavin knocked through for RvP, with another guy in the middle making runs we'd get more penetration imo, ofc we need to keep the solidity but you gotta take a few risks to win matches, right?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Come on now. Oxo Cube has never played at this level and it makes no sense to bring him on instead of Theo.

As for Jack making the difference....last seasons stats say otherwise. He doesn't score or assist much. Too early to make him the saviour of this club and I think we all may expect a bit too much of him this season.

sorry maybe i should have made it clearer, i was watching the game with friends from southampton who had seen oxo play a lot and kept saying how he should come on as he'd tear the full backs apart. hence why i wanted him to come on. and the way theo played oxo couldnt have been much worse.

jacks looked class in pre season, slicing the defenses apart a number of times. thats what we lacked yesterday. if it had been jack in djourou's position in the 90th minute im sure jack would have slipped rvp through, or at least got the ball in front of theo and not behind him on that counter we had. a number of times rosicky was in a position where he had to make a decision, often making the wrong one or his pass not coming off. jack would have been totally different, we would have had a sense of control and audacity in the final third.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Nah play AA just behind the stiker where he can put those balls in the box for him.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:30 AM
sorry maybe i should have made it clearer, i was watching the game with friends from southampton who had seen oxo play a lot and kept saying how he should come on as he'd tear the full backs apart. hence why i wanted him to come on. and the way theo played oxo couldnt have been much worse.

jacks looked class in pre season, slicing the defenses apart a number of times. thats what we lacked yesterday. if it had been jack in djourou's position in the 90th minute im sure jack would have slipped rvp through, or at least got the ball in front of theo and not behind him on that counter we had. a number of times rosicky was in a position where he had to make a decision, often making the wrong one or his pass not coming off. jack would have been totally different, we would have had a sense of control and audacity in the final third.

Yeah, Jack's improved even further over the summer, plus even if he doesn't assist he's one of, if not the best guy we have at making space, doing his little jink and sprint combo to create opportunities.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:36 AM

Again, I'm not so sure about that because Wilshere and Ramsey played together in the last month of last season and it wasn't much different. We won the game against Manure but didn't really slice them open and then lost to Stoke City, lost to Villa and drew against Fulham, a game we would have lost if Theo hadn't have been subbed on. It's worth remembering Theo's contribution last season and reminding your friend that Oxo Cube has never played a Prem game. I only saw the highlights but Theo was one of the few players that got a shot on target and put in a good cross for Gibbs but Gibbs got his header all wrong.

I'm just against this idea that one or two players with very little experience would have changed the game for us. If it was Wilshere and Rosicky playing in the middle, a few voices would have called for Rambo or Chamberlain to come on.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Nah play AA just behind the stiker where he can put those balls in the box for him.

Yeah that's what I mean. Like Bergkamp.

Plus I think this Campbell kid will work better in this sort of system as well.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Again, I'm not so sure about that because Wilshere and Ramsey played together in the last month of last season and it wasn't much different. We won the game against Manure but didn't really slice them open and then lost to Stoke City, lost to Villa and drew against Fulham, a game we would have lost if Theo hadn't have been subbed on. It's worth remembering Theo's contribution last season and reminding your friend that Oxo Cube has never played a Prem game. I only saw the highlights but Theo was one of the few players that got a shot on target and put in a good cross for Gibbs but Gibbs got his header all wrong.

I'm just against this idea that one or two players with very little experience would have changed the game for us. If it was Wilshere and Rosicky playing in the middle, a few voices would have called for Rambo or Chamberlain to come on.

Theo loked very rusty, I think AOC might have done better but I'd back Theo as the first-choice sub anytime, more experience and probably a better finisher.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I think a few heads should cool down on the Chamberlain talk. Don't build him up to something that's hard to live up to. Like Theo and Ramsey, it may take him time to adjust to the league. I'm not expecting much from him this year, but when I finally see him play, I can start to form a more round opinion.

Özim
14-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Oxo is young and will take time to settle, however IMO he has far more natural ability than Walcott and will be a better player.

Walcott for me is a fairly ordinary player with a lot of pace, he's never going to be that superstar he was once hailed, he'll have ocassional games where he's playing well and his pace will work but he'll never be a key cog of the team as he lacks a footballing brain.

Oxo seems to have that brain and an ability to beat players which is nice to see, but it's a big step up and he probab;y won't be ready for a while.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Oxo is young and will take time to settle, however IMO he has far more natural ability than Walcott and will be a better player.

Walcott for me is a fairly ordinary player with a lot of pace, he's never going to be that superstar he was once hailed, he'll have ocassional games where he's playing well and his pace will work but he'll never be a key cog of the team as he lacks a footballing brain.

Oxo seems to have that brain and an ability to beat players which is nice to see, but it's a big step up and he probab;y won't be ready for a while.

And you got this from Theo coming off his best season for us scoring goals and making assists and Oxfam sitting on the bench scratching his arse yesterday?

I hope they both come good. Theo is nearly there and we'll have to wait 5 years for Oxfam. 5 years we dont have tbh

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 11:25 AM

Good grief! The footballing brain nonsense. The kid was brought up to play as a striker. We see Arshavin make silly mistakes with his passing and looking lazy on the flanks but no one would say he lacks a brain. Put Arshavin behind a striker and we'll see a different player. Playing Theo on the flanks is like playing Defoe or Owen out wide. He's done well considering and I'd still say he's been our most dangerous and productive winger over the past few seasons.

Disagree if you want but time will tell.

Özim
14-08-2011, 11:25 AM
And you got this from Theo coming off his best season for us scoring goals and making assists and Oxfam sitting on the bench scratching his arse yesterday?

I hope they both come good. Theo is nearly there and we'll have to wait 5 years for Oxfam. 5 years we dont have tbh
No I got that from 5 years+ of Theo and having seen Oxo a few times last season.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Only real problem Theo has is staying fit for a full season.

If he does that then the weak part of his game will get stronger naturally. Lets just say id rather have him than his rivals for an England place in Young whos shit, Lennon whos even shitter, SWP is dead and Johnsons career is over with Citys influx of players.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 11:35 AM

sorry but you cant make any real judgement just from watching highlights, i thought you were making an argument having watched the whole game. theo had a shocker, lost the ball numerous times, tried taking the defender on and f*cking up. typical theo really.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Good grief! The footballing brain nonsense. The kid was brought up to play as a striker. We see Arshavin make silly mistakes with his passing and looking lazy on the flanks but no one would say he lacks a brain. Put Arshavin behind a striker and we'll see a different player. Playing Theo on the flanks is like playing Defoe or Owen out wide. He's done well considering and I'd still say he's been our most dangerous and productive winger over the past few seasons.

Pretty much. He should be played exclusively through the centre now. He's had his education on the right and now we need to start utilising a potential weapon we have. We need an option to play off the shoulder, keep defenders on their toes. There's no doubt pace is the most feared attribute in the game, time to make the most of it. Theo at times can be a passenger because the passing game is not his style. If you look at the goals he scores for us, they're all very similar in that they involve him leaving defenders for dead.

Theo even said he'd like to play there, so why not give him a shot there? There's nothing to lose.

AKBapologist
14-08-2011, 11:40 AM
sorry but you cant make any real judgement just from watching highlights, i thought you were making an argument having watched the whole game. theo had a shocker, lost the ball numerous times, tried taking the defender on and f*cking up. typical theo really.
Yep, but still took one of only 2 of Arsenals shots on goal.

The guy clearly wasn't fit/on form, but he was still more incisive/direct than anything else we had yesterday.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 11:41 AM
also i think the biggest problem now is no gervinho for liverpool and man utd, and song will be getting a ban too.

no nascunt, cesc, gervinho, song. we are truly f*cked.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 11:42 AM

The guy clearly wasn't fit/on form, but he was still more incisive/direct than anything else we had yesterday.

hence why he had a shocker.

which is what i originally said.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 11:44 AM

You miss the point. It makes no sense to bring on a player thy has never played a Prem game or played for Arsenal to make his debut in a tough game when you have someone like Theo is on the bench who has changed games when coming of the bench and has the experience. That is my argument. I'm not saying Theo played a blinder because I saw the first hour of the match.

But you would do well to follow your own advice. I've never Oxo play and you're going of your mates advice and haven't really seen him play either. Even if you have, it doesn't matter because he was a division one player, a league below the Championship league. I don't think it makes any sense expecting him to make an impact and to change the game so early. He's probably only had time to have one training session with us.

I'm just saying we should take it easy and kill all the hype and high expectations. Give him some time before we expect too much like most people did with Theo.

Aaron Wilshere
14-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Only real problem Theo has is staying fit for a full season.

If he does that then the weak part of his game will get stronger naturally. Lets just say id rather have him than his rivals for an England place in Young whos shit, Lennon whos even shitter, SWP is dead and Johnsons career is over with Citys influx of players.

I agree with most of this. A full season from Theo would be very welcome. And he is better than all of the aforementioned players, except Johnson who doesn't get a game, and MAYBE Young who looks like he may make a step up at Utd?

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 11:47 AM

And that's what I saw and was commenting on. It was snooze feet of a game where we hardly tested the keeper.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 11:56 AM
You miss the point. It makes no sense to bring on a player thy has never played a Prem game or played for Arsenal to make his debut in a tough game when you have someone like Theo is on the bench who has changed games when coming of the bench and has the experience. That is my argument. I'm not saying Theo played a blinder because I saw the first hour of the match.

But you would do well to follow your own advice. I've never Oxo play and you're going of your mates advice and haven't really seen him play either. Even if you have, it doesn't matter because he was a division one player, a league below the Championship league. I don't think it makes any sense expecting him to make an impact and to change the game so early. He's probably only had time to have one training session with us.

I'm just saying we should take it easy and kill all the hype and high expectations. Give him some time before we expect too much like most people did with Theo.

yeah i know what you mean. i guess my point was more made in hindsight i.e. theo was shit, wish wenger bought on oxo kinda thing.

i still stand my ground on the jack argument though, with him we would have won.

Kano
14-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Pretty much. He should be played exclusively through the centre now. He's had his education on the right and now we need to start utilising a potential weapon we have. We need an option to play off the shoulder, keep defenders on their toes. There's no doubt pace is the most feared attribute in the game, time to make the most of it. Theo at times can be a passenger because the passing game is not his style. If you look at the goals he scores for us, they're all very similar in that they involve him leaving defenders for dead.

Theo even said he'd like to play there, so why not give him a shot there? There's nothing to lose.

looks like we're sticking with 433 so hard to see how theo fits into that system in the middle

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 12:02 PM
We can go back and fourth on that one. Jack was playing when we couldn't buy a win last season, has played in the pre seasons....I'm not sure we would have won with him on the pitch and think it's wrong for the fans to put that sort of pressure on his young shoulders. I hope he becomes that player but it shouldn't be attributed to him when he hasn't proven it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 12:17 PM
We can go back and fourth on that one. Jack was playing when we couldn't buy a win last season, has played in the pre seasons....I'm not sure we would have won with him on the pitch and think it's wrong for the fans to put that sort of pressure on his young shoulders. I hope he becomes that player but it shouldn't be attributed to him when he hasn't proven it.

we beat man utd last season when jack was the focal point without cesc. and in preseason hes looked good. i think jacks the type of player that will relish the responsibility of being an important player and he'll play with more freedom now cescs gone. needs to add goals to his game but that'll come with age. he maturing at a fast pace and i can see him taking the role brilliantly.

Özim
14-08-2011, 12:22 PM

It's not nonsense, he can't think on his feet and his use of the ball/space isn't very good.

It's not really to do with positional play, more to do with awareness of what's around you and how you can use the ball and make the most of space.

Arshavin on the whole is clever on the ball, sure he has bad matches but you can see he thinks on the ball.

Some teams can't cope with pace, that is why Theo has so much success at the end of matches, when players are tired pace is even more frightening and he has an abundance of it.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-08-2011, 12:24 PM

I couldnt help feeling like I was watching a game played at slow motion, I think Jack would have added a more direct edge but I could see us scoring for love nor for money, even if Gerbil had stayed on.

to be honest Newcastle were crap and I cant imagine Liverpool being as bad so we will need to step it up a tadge overwise the best we can hope for is a draw.

The defence looked soldish and we didnt have our usual bout of scares, next Saturday might be different, Liverpool have pace and directness

but I think some of the guys will be better with a run of games, Ramsey is one name that comes to newcastle nd however some need to pay more attention, Arshavin and Song who as a senior member of the team neefs to cut out the things that are going to get him into trouble, at the moment we need all hands

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 12:29 PM
we beat man utd last season when jack was the focal point without cesc. and in preseason hes looked good. i think jacks the type of player that will relish the responsibility of being an important player and he'll play with more freedom now cescs gone. needs to add goals to his game but that'll come with age. he maturing at a fast pace and i can see him taking the role brilliantly.

Yes, but we lost to Stoke, Villa and then drew against Fulham, a game we almost lost.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, but we lost to Stoke, Villa and then drew against Fulham, a game we almost lost.

that had little to do with jack but more to do with our confidence and the way we imploded after losing the carling cup final. our season ended then.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 12:32 PM
It's not nonsense, he can't think on his feet and his use of the ball/space isn't very good.

It's not really to do with positional play, more to do with awareness of what's around you and how you can use the ball and make the most of space.

Arshavin on the whole is clever on the ball, sure he has bad matches but you can see he thinks on the ball.

Some teams can't cope with pace, that is why Theo has so much success at the end of matches, when players are tired pace is even more frightening and he has an abundance of it.

If you can see when a man is thinking, I can't win this argument.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 12:35 PM
that had little to do with jack but more to do with our confidence and the state of our club after losing the carling cup final. our season ended then.

We beat Manure after we lost the Carling Cup final. After we beat Man U 1 nil, we lost to Stoke and Villa, straight after the Manure win.

Did we beat Man U twice last season?

AKBapologist
14-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Most of Theos goals came in the first half... But lets not have that ruin a good out of date, chris waddle style stereotype.

Don't get me wrong, I accept his weaknesses, it's just others can't/won't see his strengths.

Edit: RVP had the most shots outside the box (2)

Coney
14-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Most of Theos goals came in the first half, scored more from out of the box than any other player last season too... But lets not have that ruin a good stereotype.

The last thing people want on GW is people providing facts, evidence and rational argument. Are you new here?

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Most of Theos goals came in the first half, scored more from out of the box than any other arsenal player last season too... But lets not have that ruin a good out of date, chris waddle style stereotype.

Don't get me wrong, I accept his weaknesses, it's just others can't/won't see his strengths.

Then you have the assists to RVP.

Arshavin had a clear chance to thread Gervinho through on goal but made the wrong pass and took too long to make his decision. Some would excuse it as sloppy play.

If Theo did the same thing, they'd say he lacks intelligence and had too much time to think. It's a double standard.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 01:07 PM
We don't play 4-3-3, we play 4-tipyytappy-1 most of the time and 4-tippytappy-0 when we get in dangerous positions. None of our players can cross a ball anyway so 4-4-2 wouldn't make any difference. Sagna is a shockingly bad player once he gets over the halfway line. Gibbs looks no better. Gervino is only settling in (something we couldn't afford btw) but he has all the hallmarks of another Wenger classic, a player who has pace, trickery but no end product. RvP was thoroughly isolated yesterday. As usual when we did manage to bundle the ball through on the flanks nobody was in the box. We are getting further and further away from being an effective PL team. I have no clue what Wenger is trying to achieve. We play like a science experiment rather than a competitive team. He must literally forbid the players from shooting. We lose everything in the air. We can't change the tempo of a game, we are one-paced. It has become far too easy to figure out our one-dimensional play and teams are finding it less of a challenge to shut us out. Fabregas and Nasri were two players who could occasionally inject something a little different, now they are gone. We are the most un-English team to ever play in the English league and the results speak for themselves.

Boss
14-08-2011, 01:43 PM
In a normal match, sure. In our matches, it's a viable option, teams attack us less and with our more fluid attack we have the bodies in the right areas, it just means we have another guy making runs in the middle instead of milling around in midfield, that's a benefit in some games.

4-3-3 doesn't mean that the wing forwards have to stay out deep, they can move inwards if instructed to. Wenger obviously hasn't.

It's the best formation in the modern game as it has a little of everything, 3 players up front instead of two (when attacking) and 5 players in midfield instead of 4 (when defending, as the wing forwards should cut back).

The formation is fine, the quality of players playing in it isn't. We want our players to be 'congested' away from the penalty box as against us teams pack it, there's more space for our attackers to move in outside it.

Also at the people asking for Walcott to move up front, he still isn't good enough for that. Don't care about his footballing brain etc etc, his close control simply is too poor for him to be playing in the middle of four defenders. The position he has now is best for him (wing forward) as he starts outside where there's space and cuts in, he can make diagonal runs when Wilshere/whoever play balls for him to run onto.

We need to start playing him like Ljungberg, he should be more akin to that than someone like Owen/Defoe.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 01:57 PM
It's all well and good discussing these formations and how the players fit into them. The trouble is we have fewer and fewer players that actually execute. On the rare occasions Walcott beats his man he screws up the final ball. His outlay is Sagna who can't cross and prefers to slow the play and pass it backwards. On teh other side we have Arshavin who has forgotten how to beat his man. RvP spends more of his time dropping back or going wide to get the ball rather than pick up accurate supply from the midfield. The levels of carelessness in the final third from all players is hard to believe. Other teams don't suffer if because they get the ball in the box at the earliest opportunity and they also have men in the box when the ball arrives. We hardly ever do. We bought Chamakh for his aerial ability, he spends most of his time in the midfield. We had Bendtner playing on the wing FFS. We're totally overloaded with supposedly technical midfielders (even though they are actually very poor in the final third) when what we really need is one (probably two) decisive centre forwards who will get into the box and head, bash, poke, barge tumble the ball into the net. Of course we also need some players who could play the ball in the first place and that includes delivery from crosses and set pieces. We are lacking in all the aspects of the British game, instead we play a midfield possession game with no end product. Everyone can see it, our opposition, the fans, the media. Wenger must be able to see it too. Yet he does nothing about it and continues to buy players like Gervinho and Chamberlain. And the striker we need? A kid. What difference does the formation make when you don't have the players to exploit it?

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 02:00 PM
4-3-3 doesn't mean that the wing forwards have to stay out deep, they can move inwards if instructed to. Wenger obviously hasn't.

It's the best formation in the modern game as it has a little of everything, 3 players up front instead of two (when attacking) and 5 players in midfield instead of 4 (when defending, as the wing forwards should cut back).

The formation is fine, the quality of players playing in it isn't. We want our players to be 'congested' away from the penalty box as against us teams pack it, there's more space for our attackers to move in outside it.

Also at the people asking for Walcott to move up front, he still isn't good enough for that. Don't care about his footballing brain etc etc, his close control simply is too poor for him to be playing in the middle of four defenders. The position he has now is best for him (wing forward) as he starts outside where there's space and cuts in, he can make diagonal runs when Wilshere/whoever play balls for him to run onto.

We need to start playing him like Ljungberg, he should be more akin to that than someone like Owen/Defoe.

I guess it's not so much a massive formation change so much as just using someone who will stay centrally and make runs in behind when RvP drops deep, the best way of doing that is playing something closer to a striker instead of an AM, which would end up as more of a 4-4-2, given how fluid our formation can often be it could just be someone like Campbell or Theo drifting inside more, as you said, Wenger telling them to would be a start.

Essentially, someone with balls and a strikers instinct needs to play more games for us and have more time in the middle.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 02:31 PM

Our players up front usually drift inwards and that makes things even more congested and narrow especially when you play players that always want the ball to feet instead of into space.

For Theo, I wouldn't play him as a central striker in a 4-3-3. He'd play ahead of Arshavin or RVP like how Rooney and Hernandez play and you'll see Rooney and Welbeck play the same way later today.

4-4-2 didn't workyeah back before because Wenger kept on playing Gilberto with Cesc. That's just stupid. Gilberto was far from the marauding engine type defensive midfielder and Cesc is slow, didn't have the lungs to get up and down the pitch and couldn't tackle. With those players gone and Wilshere, Ramsey and Song in the team, we have more steel in the middle. So he could play a Song Wilshere/Ramsey/Diaby combo.

It doesn't matter either way. It took Wenger an eternity to switch formations the first time round and he still couldn't play the right players in the correct position. Theo for starters, should always play on the left so he's always darting inwards on goal and ready to bang it with his right like Overmars and Henry.

goonerholler
14-08-2011, 02:53 PM
My insightful observations.

Joey Barton is confused about the definition of a punch. What Gervinho did to him is a slap. What he did to that kid outside a McDonalds in Liverpool that landed him in jail, that's a punch.

We still have not found a way to channel frustration into an increased drive and effort to win the match. In both the Alex Song and Gervinho incidents, the anger our players felt could have been expressed much more effectively.

Finally, we would have the most intimidating central midfielder in the entire Premier League if they allowed Emmanuel Frimpong to play with his shirt off. Did you see his upper body? He must have spent his entire 9-months off in the weight room. Well done to him.

Mr. Lahey
14-08-2011, 03:03 PM
typical shite from arsenal. thank god i left the pub at half time to go drink in the sun with half naked women and to watch the sheepdogs perform.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 03:24 PM
My insightful observations.

Joey Barton is confused about the definition of a punch. What Gervinho did to him is a slap. What he did to that kid outside a McDonalds in Liverpool that landed him in jail, that's a punch.

We still have not found a way to channel frustration into an increased drive and effort to win the match. In both the Alex Song and Gervinho incidents, the anger our players felt could have been expressed much more effectively.

Finally, we would have the most intimidating central midfielder in the entire Premier League if they allowed Emmanuel Frimpong to play with his shirt off. Did you see his upper body? He must have spent his entire 9-months off in the weight room. Well done to him.

Pretty intimidating with his shirt on as well tbf, looking forward to seeing him in the next few games as I think he's pretty much made for the Premiership. Agree that we should channel our frustrations as well, someone needs to point out that if someone fouls you or gets in your face you go into the next tackle taking a smidgen of the ball first and then swipe the bastard, none of this pussy-footing slapping shit.

hobson's choice
14-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Watch the game after I got home from work, wasn't nearly as bad as some were making it out to be, Positives, Gervinho looks a bright player, i'll credit his poor final product to first game nerves, was thinking too much out. Really wished he would've kept his cool, he's already looking like he's gonna be a most dangerous player, now he's out for 3 games.

Ramsey looked good in the first half, but not so well in the second, Arshavin and RVP were bad, RVP looked like his head was elsewhere for the whole game, messed up every opportunity he had. as for Arshavin he didn't do anything right. I thought Song had a good game, same goes for the backline and goalie.

We need another striker badly, creative mid too, Rosicky tried, but he was never that player anyways. All in all, some positives, but the weaknesses are glaring.

Flavs
15-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I think there were more positives than negatives in this, we had a lot of players missing, a lot of backroom shit going on and were playing a team that somehow did a 4 goal comeback last year and have 2 of the biggest c*nts in the modern game oplaying fro them, and dont forget their manager is an old foe of Wenger as well.

Rosicky looked realy good in midfield IMO, plenty of bite and positive forward play. Arshavin is slim :faint: Gervinho looked a lot more settled in than i would havwe thought yet and should have had 2 penalties. Ramsey looked good and the defence, what little we saw of it, looked calmer with a keeper behind who shouts and commits himself and the Verm effect.

However, Alex song needs to man up, he is like a petulant child, Walcott is still a waste of space, Rvp still needs to just shoot rather than being fancy and our bench, for a top 4 team was a disgrace.

6/10 overall all things considered

Flavs
15-08-2011, 09:11 AM
oh and one more thing, our "tactic" wont work if;

A: The centre forward is never near the goal
B: The inside forward from he opposite flank cant be bothered getting into the box.

FFS play 2 up front.

Letters
15-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Very good defensively, horrible going forward, flat as a pancake.

Pretty much.
Depressingly similar to a lot of games last season, passed reasonably well, had most of the possession but never looked dangerous. No creative spark, too slow getting forward. Gervinho showed some promise but needs to add an end product.
Overall not a disasterous result, especially with Liverpool and Chelsea drawing too, but difficult to know where the goals will come from this season. Wilshere is the sort of player who can help us create chances so maybe we'll look better with him back.

Theo was shit during his cameo. Added nothing.

Grebbo
15-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Wenger is appealing Gervinho's red card.

God this guy is such a fucking moron. He has no chance of winning an appeal.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 12:28 PM

That means an extra match on the ban doesn't it?

Grebbo
15-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Yes I think so.

More proof, if anyone still requires it, that Wenger has lost the plot.

fakeyank
15-08-2011, 02:57 PM

He is not much of an upgrade from the poo we have in the club. He can be banned and we wont notice a difference

RomfordPele
15-08-2011, 03:37 PM

We all know a four match ban is on its way and a three match ban for Song. Pointless.

This should be our defence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLil2uedT2w

If this isn't violent conduct in the FA's eyes, then I don't see how Gervinho's could possibly be.

Xhaka Can’t
15-08-2011, 03:40 PM
He is not much of an upgrade from the poo we have in the club. He can be banned and we wont notice a difference

While it may be fashionable to ridicule Wenger over everything and everyone at the Club, Gervinho shows promise and should be given a chance.

Letters
15-08-2011, 03:44 PM
While it may be fashionable to ridicule Wenger over everything and everyone at the Club, Gervinho shows promise and should be given a chance.

Yeah. I thought he looked good on Saturday. No end product though, that was disappointing. I have some hope for him though.
Certainly not going to write him off one game in.

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Theo might not have been great, but he did have our best chance and created another for Gibbs.

More than the rest of our faltering attack.

fakeyank
15-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Sorry..

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:02 PM
LOL, we've just been charged with failing to control our players. Song charged separately. Points deduction and fine for Eduardo?

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Barton and his co-cavemen attack one of our players after he is denied a clear penalty by an awful ref and Barton even admits he was wrong, yet we are charged and punished on all fronts?

Football :bow:

Where corruption and cheating is a virtue and they don't even try to hide it.

RomfordPele
15-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Not surprised in the least.

The FA don't need a second invitation to throw the book at Arsenal players, never have.

Don't know why they're bothering this season though. We're absolutely no threat to the Old Trafford mafia.

Joker
15-08-2011, 04:26 PM
So we're charged with failure to control our players when it was a Newcastle player who instigated the whole thing? What a load of absolute bollocks, the FA can go fuck themselves. Surely you either charge both teams with failure to control players or neither? Jesus Christ, the blazers at the FA are such a bunch of clueless fuckwits.

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Don't know why they're bothering this season though. We're absolutely no threat to the Old Trafford mafia.

De Gea has thrown a pipe in the works.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:56 PM
They have charged both clubs but I couldn't give a fuck about Newcastle.