23-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Can this be stickied pls?? Thks.

Sirjackofwilshere
24-05-2011, 03:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvLMXimv3Qg&feature=feedu

what a scrote :lol:

danisinkz
24-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Was this his one and only game he's played for Levante??? He looks shit! If the Daily Mail is anything to go by (lol) he should stop binging on Pizza, Twitter and Footy Manager!

Kaiser
24-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Seems like another Robinho. Falling over at every bit of contact, a few nice pieces of skill. But he seems like a angry twat, which could possibly be hilarious and infuriating respectively.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Was this his one and only game he's played for Levante??? He looks shit! If the Daily Mail is anything to go by (lol) he should stop binging on Pizza, Twitter and Footy Manager!

It was his second game. :lol: He gave Levante a bit of impetus, for a bit in that match against Zaragoza, until Gabi scored his second.

Flavs
24-05-2011, 11:38 AM
All i can say is.... Afobe :bow:

on his way to the league one playoff finals with Huddersfield after being a regular starter for the hudd this season, he is a beast as well 17 and 6'3'' and built like a brick shithouse, he is very much like Emile heskey was when he was good, works hard, fights for everything, good in the air and lightning fast. No frills about him, he isnt going to doing stepovers but he will be throwing central defenders around in a couple of years.

:bow:

Sirjackofwilshere
25-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Intriguing Summer in prospect with crucial decisions to be made on reinforcements and promotions
http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/intriguing-summer-in-prospect-with-crucial-decisions-to-be-made-on-reinforcements-and-promotions/#comment-37999
The next 99 days should prove to be very interesting indeed.

By then, the Summer transfer window will be officially closed and we will have a much clearer indication as to the make-up of Arsenal’s 2011/12 squad. As things stand, there are considerably more questions than answers but, given that the season is not formally over yet and speculation is rife regarding possible incomings and outgoings, this Summer is likely to be very eventful.

It already seems clear that there will be several departures, with Denilson and Nicklas Bendtner, who were both signed by the club as teenagers, reportedly expressing their desire to leave, and question marks remaining over the futures of Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri and, inevitably, Cesc Fabregas. As far as possible signings are concerned, Finnish defender Carl Jenkinson looks set to be the first acquisition and, whilst Arsène Wenger is a somewhat unpredictable figure in the transfer market to say the least, his recent comments suggest that he is aware that the team needs strengthening in key areas and, whilst he may not be willing to spend £50 million on a player, he will seek to improve the quality of the squad.

What will be especially intriguing is how the re-adjustment of the first-team squad marries in with the futures of the glut of young professionals currently on the club’s books, particularly the returning loanees. Some, such as Kyle Bartley and Henri Lansbury, appear ready to challenge for a place in the squad, whilst others, such as Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Craig Eastmond, did not have the most fruitful loan spells and may be sent out again to gain further experience.

Some will depart, with the club declining to offer an extended contract to Roarie Deacon, who had a trial with Sunderland, whilst Oguzhan Ozyakup is still yet to agree a new deal. Mark Randall is likely to join them in departing, whilst the same could be said of Gavin Hoyte, although given that he is currently recovering from a serious injury, he may be granted an extended stay.

Ryo Miyaichi and Wellington will join up with the club for pre-season and the former will no doubt be used prominently in marketing campaigns for the club’s Asian Tour, whilst also hoping to win a work permit which would enable him to play in England.

Then there are the many young professionals set to embark on loan spells next season. Chuks Aneke, Emmanuel Frimpong, Conor Henderson, Luke Freeman and Ignasi Miquel fall into this category and are likely to be joined by several others, whilst Benik Afobe could extend his fruitful spell with Huddersfield Town, especially if they succeed in reaching the nPower Championship via the play-offs.

Further down the system, George Brislen-Hall has been released, whilst Jernade Meade has signed a one year professional contract. The club must decide which of the current first-years will also turn professional, with Philip Roberts set to do so automatically given he was signed from Norwich City, whilst Josh Rees and Alban Bunjaku appear the most obvious of the other candidates.

A new batch of scholars will also make their first steps onto the lush pitches of London Colney, with Anthony Jeffrey a particularly interesting talent, whilst the likes of Jon Toral and Kristoffer Olsson will be looking to impress during their first seasons in North London. Jack Jebb, meanwhile, who will still technically be a schoolboy next season, has asked the club if he can go full time in order to focus on his football and enhance his development.

With so many players at the club’s disposal, and several whom require important decisions regarding their immediate future, this Summer promises to be busier than most.Afobe isn't 6'3 nor built like a Drogba...he needs time on that front.

Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) ; can you sticky this thread pls? thks

Ironing
25-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Anyone know how vela got on at wba?

The Wengerbabies
25-05-2011, 10:13 PM
He couldn't make the first team :lol:

Özim
25-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Did so well noone noticed him.

Özim
25-05-2011, 10:14 PM
He couldn't make the first team :lol:
Another successful loan spell :lol:

Ironing
25-05-2011, 10:15 PM
To be fair, WBA were sorted up front without him

Sirjackofwilshere
25-05-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hthHvkMecM

Jens' Face
26-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Afobe isn't 6'3 nor built like a Drogba...he needs time on that front.

Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) ; can you sticky this thread pls? thks
Yeah, Benik's 6'0 and 175lbs, Drogba's 6'3 and 200. But Benik will probably put on at least 20 lbs by the time he's 23-25 and who knows he could yet grow an inch or two. I think he'll end up being a pretty big strong striker.

Interesting article you quoted but didn't answer my biggest question -- what's going on with Coquelin? He was pretty successful at L'Orient. Is he gonna come back and fight for a spot on the bench? (Denilson's spot). Or is he gonna stay out on loan somewhere? And will Frimpong really go out on loan? Wasn't he gonna be fighting for a squad spot this season before his injury?

adzzzbatch
26-05-2011, 07:43 AM
The Cardiff City ST holder I work with says that for the best part of his time there JET was useless. Even after factoring in that Dave Jones had him playing wide alot it does seem like we have another player that won't cut it.

He also said Ramsey was just brilliant when he was there again for his short loan spell, but we know how good he is/can be already.

Darth Vela
26-05-2011, 11:13 AM
From what I saw of JET in the play-off Semi he looked like all it would take is a little more effort on his part and he'd be a fricking beast, out wide or not. I think we'll keep him for a few years given the potential of what he could do but unless he steps it up he ain't gonna make it.

Fist of Lehmann
26-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Which semi did you see?

I watched the first half of the second one and I thought his workrate was absolutely atrocious. Worse than Arshavin after a heavy dinner and hopped up on horse tranqs.

Darth Vela
26-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Watched the majority of both of them, always like to see the play-offs as there's so much at stake that the players tend to make things happen, nice antidote to a season of Arsenal some would say. That snippet you saw was pretty representative of JETs performances, sometimes he'd track back but one thing that stood out was his lack of hustle when he lost the ball or when it was near him, a guy that size starts fighting for the ball and we'd be onto a winner.

Sirjackofwilshere
27-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Arsenal Sign Barcelona Winger Bellerin

Arsenal have agreed to sign Barcelona Cadete B winger Héctor Bellerin, according to Sky Sports. The Spanish Under 16 international follows fellow La Masia product Jon Toral to North London.
Bellerin turned down a new contract last month, following a series of disagreements with coaching staff. Chelsea and Manchester United were both initially keen, but Arsenal moved quickly to secure his services. A compensation package of around €400,000 is said to have been agreed.
The pacy wide-man joins central midfielder Jon Toral in switching from Barcelona to Arsenal this summer, in a deal worth €350,000. All in all, around €1 million will eventually change hands.
Héctor and Jon both sign three-year-deals with the option for a further two years.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/arsenal-sign-barcelona-winger-bellerin/

Sirjackofwilshere
27-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Ozyakup Signs Contract Extension

Oğuzhan Özyakup has signed a new two deal with Arsenal. The Dutchman had previously turned down two offers from the club, but Arsene Wenger stepped in to secure the 18-year-old’s services.
Özyakup had already opened (http://wp.me/pOSA7-2C9) talks with a number of European clubs, as his current contract was due to expire in July. However, after months of frustrating stalemate, Wenger stepped in to offer Oğuzhan the reassurances he wanted.
Agent Salvador de Mirande explained the turn around, which came after his client was promised a fair chance in pre-season to earn a first-team place.
“The probability Oğuzhan would stay at Arsenal a few weeks back was very small. We were very disappointed, but a lot happened in the meantime. “
“He wants to seize that opportunity. Oğuzhan still want to succeed at Arsenal.“
Özyakup new contracts runs until the summer of 2013.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/ozyakup-signs-contract-extension/

:partytime:

Sirjackofwilshere
29-05-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9IdJhnhq4k

Been our best u-18s player this season. Just turned 17. Will probably be used more in the reserves next season.

Marc Overmars
29-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Watched some of the League 1 playoff final to see this Afobe kid. He was shite and his team capitulated right at the end.

Valuable experience for what he'll achieve here.

Sirjackofwilshere
29-05-2011, 11:37 PM
:lol: yeh he was shite. Highly rated by our setup but I personally don't see it with him. Aneke looks to have more.

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Didn't get much service tbf, showed some good strength and movement but didn't sort his legs out in the box with the odd chance he got, it wasn't a bad performance from a guy who's only 19 in a high pressure situation.

Joker
30-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah the service up to him wasn't great, although they put in some good crosses that I felt he could have attacked a bit more aggressively.
Their capitulation at the end would have made us proud tbh.

cheesy bites
30-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Been our best u-18s player this season. Just turned 17. Will probably be used more in the reserves next season.

Damn. I'm keeping my eye on this lad, looks like a great prospect.

It's also embarassing that our under-18s attacks ten times the speed the first team does.

EDIT: Appears Mark Randall has been released. Never really progressed much, best of luck to the guy.

Tony Tuesdays
30-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I see Mark Randall's been released.

Thank feck for that.

And to all those ridiculing 18yr old Afobe, he's been one of Huddersfield's standout players this season, and he's only been there since the turn of the year I think.
I think he can be allowed one poor game at his age.

Elche
30-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I see Mark Randall's been released.

Thank feck for that.

And to all those ridiculing 18yr old Afobe, he's been one of Huddersfield's standout players this season, and he's only been there since the turn of the year I think.
I think he can be allowed one poor game at his age.

Well said...Ben Afobe was pretty much the catalyst for Huddersfield's amazing run...he's pitched in with numerous goals and assists.The Chairmen said he is one of Englands brightest prospects,and that they were desperate to keep but knew it was only possible if they went up, as Arsene wants Championship football.

He appears to have picked up an injury in his liagaments early in the game, which stopped him a bit...only realising after the game...He was in hospitallast night before being released into the clubs care.

So maybe giving him a break, and leaving the judgment of him to the professionals is a good thing to do.....#justsaying

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/loan-review-francis-coquelin-and-gilles-sunu

Talks about Coquelin and Sunu

Sirjackofwilshere
30-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Le Coq is class - better than Song in all departments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hthHvkMecM

Kaiser
30-05-2011, 09:13 PM
You're overhyping our youngsters as usual. He's clearly not better than Song in all departments. Pointless hyperbole.

Sirjackofwilshere
30-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Not at all hyperbole. I've followed him since he first joined in 2008. He has better technique, better positioning and is more dynamic. All facets that Song is lacking in.

Gooner23
30-05-2011, 09:52 PM
His workrate is exceptional, but that video doesn't really do much for him as half his passes go to the oppo players. Good prospect but not currently better than Song IMO..

Ironing
30-05-2011, 10:46 PM
He's clearly better than song at writhing about on the floor and holding his face

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 10:51 PM
It's what Barca's holding midfielder does and they're the best team ever so it must be an essential part of football at this level.

Özim
31-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Didn't get much service tbf, showed some good strength and movement but didn't sort his legs out in the box with the odd chance he got, it wasn't a bad performance from a guy who's only 19 in a high pressure situation.
He showed great mental strength, spirit and togetherness.

Japan Shaking All Over
31-05-2011, 08:05 AM
talking of promising midfielders

any news on Frimpong?

cheesy bites
31-05-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't trust having Coquelin, Frimpong or Song for an entire season at DM. The first two are still inexperienced and have no place in a starting eleven (in the PL) yet. Song, has great days, then he has those days where every tackle is late, he jogs around a bit, and only moves when he wants to get forward ignoring his role in the midfield. I'm still not 100% sold on Song.

selassie
31-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Seeing as Arsene spends a fair bit of money and time on our youths/projects, does anybody believe we have anybody close to breaking into the first team out of the on loan mob? I.E. Lansbury, Bartley, Coquelin, Vela or any of the players returning from injury like Frimpong?

Call me a cynic...but out of that list I really don't see any who are ready to stake a claim, I think all are capable of squad like status but nothing more.

In fact I think Vela's development has stagnated...he's the one out of the list who I would be inclined to sell.

Darth Vela
31-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I guess they'll all get a shot in pre-season games, hopefully one or two of them will take their chances like Wilshere and Frimpong did (he looked good in those games before getting the big injury and would have got more chances throughout the season imo). The only guys I can see coming in to the first team squad are Lansbury and Frimpong (one for Rosicky and one for Denilson). I can't see Bartley getting in, I don't know why as I'd love to see him take Squillaci's spot as 4th (or 5th if we do bring another Cb in) as he seems to have the right attitude but maybe another year on loan would be good for him.

Incidentally, this is where project youth theoretically makes it easier for guys to break in. We now have Wilshere in the first team, he's played with Frimpong for 10 years so they have an understanding and Frimpong finds it easier to come into the first team. Lansbury has played a reasonable amount of time with both of them too, meaning that he'd find it easier to come in when either or both of them are playing.

Flavs
31-05-2011, 12:26 PM
In fact I think Vela's development has stagnated...he's the one out of the list who I would be inclined to sell.

Tis a shame because i think he has the ability to do well, looked great at the world cup, he just doesnt fit in with the way we play now, Like Eddy and Bendtner he will drift away as he was bought for one tactic and then we changed, ideally i would like to see Arsene switch back to an interchangeable 4-4-2 and have Walcott and RvP as the starting forwards with Chamakh and Vela as the second string.

Flavs
31-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Never mind this muppet, who is the little number 7??

selassie
31-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I guess they'll all get a shot in pre-season games, hopefully one or two of them will take their chances like Wilshere and Frimpong did (he looked good in those games before getting the big injury and would have got more chances throughout the season imo). The only guys I can see coming in to the first team squad are Lansbury and Frimpong (one for Rosicky and one for Denilson). I can't see Bartley getting in, I don't know why as I'd love to see him take Squillaci's spot as 4th (or 5th if we do bring another Cb in) as he seems to have the right attitude but maybe another year on loan would be good for him.

Incidentally, this is where project youth theoretically makes it easier for guys to break in. We now have Wilshere in the first team, he's played with Frimpong for 10 years so they have an understanding and Frimpong finds it easier to come into the first team. Lansbury has played a reasonable amount of time with both of them too, meaning that he'd find it easier to come in when either or both of them are playing.

Yep I agree with this Darth, esp the part I've highlighted. Wasn't Kieran Gibbs also in the same Youth team as Wilshere, Frimpong & Lansbury? If so..it seems Arsene is integrating some of that successful Youth team of a few years back into his first team which is actually a good thing as you pointed out. I think Bartley was in that team too.

selassie
31-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Tis a shame because i think he has the ability to do well, looked great at the world cup, he just doesnt fit in with the way we play now, Like Eddy and Bendtner he will drift away as he was bought for one tactic and then we changed, ideally i would like to see Arsene switch back to an interchangeable 4-4-2 and have Walcott and RvP as the starting forwards with Chamakh and Vela as the second string.

Aye, Vela obviously has a lot of potential, his CC outings have been very impressive, it's just he's not right for us now and seems to have lost his way.

He didn't really do that well at West Brom either which makes it that much more baffling.

Darth Vela
31-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about Gibbs, that's what a bad injury will do to your profile!

It should at least be interesting to see if it pans out nice and smoothly, we could find a smaller gap between the understanding and synergy of the first team and one with a few more back-ups in it if goes right, I suspect it won't be quite so easy though.

Darth Vela
31-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Actually, I think this system could suit him rather well if he was willing to put a little more of a shift in, he has the pace and trickery to help stretch teams as well as the instinct to get into the box and try and score, going by the games he played 18 months back ofc as he's been nothing but ineffectual the rest of the time. A change of formation doesn't make you unable to pass or shoot straight imo, he'd doing shite because he can't take his chances for whatever reason (laziness/arrogance/lack of confidence), he's one of the guys that needs a run in the team but can't be given it as he offers nothing whilst he's getting up to speed, which is a shame.

Toronto Gooner
31-05-2011, 03:25 PM
he's one of the guys that needs a run in the team but can't be given it as he offers nothing whilst he's getting up to speed, which is a shame.
Therein lies the problem. Vela (and other fringe players) need some time to get used to the team in a game situation in order to show what they can do. Unfortunately, they are never given (or take) the opportunity.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Thomas Cruise has been freed

selassie
31-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Therein lies the problem. Vela (and other fringe players) need some time to get used to the team in a game situation in order to show what they can do. Unfortunately, they are never given (or take) the opportunity .

Take the opportunity, Wilshere & Chesney have proven if you are good enough you stay in the team. It's about time Arsene became a little more ruthless with his projects, I sincerely hope the days of using the first team as a nursery are well and truly over.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Tbf Chesneys in the team by default not cos hes brilliant.

Hes in the team cos hes the best of the shite we have.

Ideally we'd get a new keeper in this summer and have Chesney as back up

Gubby Allen
31-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Arsenal have released two of their players that were thought to be rich talents and expected to become stars of the future.
Tom Cruise has often been called the Top Gun after his illustrious namesake, and Mark Randall is another that was expected to break into the Arsenal first team but always seemed to fall short when it came to the crunch.
In fact Mark Randall biggest claim to fame was that he had a girlfriend called Holly Jay (http://justarsenal.com/another-arsenal-wag-wants-to-be-a-model-and-she-gets-my-vote/1128), a gorgeous model that appeared in Zoo Magazine.
Perhaps both of them were too much of the playboy type to knuckle down to Arsene Wengers training methods, but the fact is that Wenger is having a serious cull of the players that just aren’t good enough to play for the Gunners.
Perhaps these two will be the first of many?

Full article: http://justarsenal.com/tom-cruise-and-mark-randall-released-by-arsenal/8200

Sirjackofwilshere
31-05-2011, 09:03 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 (http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1&sa=X&ei=aVflTdfIMMet8QOe3Oj_Bg&ved=0CCUQsQcwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHel4qJM7gNENF_eu87KsEj1QOldA): Wow. Arsenal's Youth team keeper Emiliano Martinez called up to Argentina squad for their friendlies.

Hes highly thought of by Wenger

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Who the hell is Darren Arsenal?

Master Splinter
31-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Seems it was risky business for Wenger to keep Cruise. He was far and away from becoming a legend, but with some firm coaching he could have been a top gun.

:rose:

Marc Overmars
31-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Seems it was risky business for Wenger to keep Cruise. He was far and away from becoming a legend, but with some firm coaching he could have been a top gun.

:rose:

It was never going to happen for him here, mission impossible IMO.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Apparently he kept shouting "show me the money" during contract negotiations and Wenger got pissed off

Master Splinter
31-05-2011, 10:52 PM
The Tom Cruise puns are the main reason I'm upset he left tbh.

Well, we've still got a few good men left in the youth system.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 06:30 AM
The Tom Cruise puns are the main reason I'm upset he left tbh

The Colour of Money that we were paying was wrong!

selassie
01-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Hes highly thought of by Wenger

So was Almunia.

I don't trust Wenger with Keepers :o

IBK
01-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Its a shame, he was making All the Right Moves to make it at the club, and was set to be a Legend, but then rather than becoming Top Gun, he started Losin' it, and he never saw the real Color of Money. Now we're going to be left with just A few Good Men.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Its a shame, he was making All the Right Moves to make it at the club, and was set to be a Legend, but then rather than becoming Top Gun, he started Losin' it, and he never saw the real Color of Money. Now we're going to be left with just A few Good Men.

Nasri Scoreng:bow:

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Feyenoord want to keep that Ryu geezer whoever he is for another season.

They are welcome to him

IBK
01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
:tiphat:

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Feyenoord want to keep that Ryu geezer whoever he is for another season.

They are welcome to him

Dear, dear me...

Sirjackofwilshere
03-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Next years batch of U-18. Got this of am poster so accuracy is meh.....some players to look out for amongst this lot.

Bellerin at right back
Gnabry right wing (probably gonna be injured a lot)
Toral playmaker,
Chuba Akpom/Fagan-striker
Anthony Jeffrey- left wing
Jack Jebb-central midfield
Austin Lipman- on the bench most of the time, probably second striker
Samir Bihmoutine- left back
Siemann- CB
Rees and Bunjaku- Reserves most of the time
Edge and Webb - Defensive/Central Midfielder at U18s
Nico Yennaris - Reserves week in week out possibly captain
Philip Roberts - striker for U18s and Reserves

Below other players who can play for U18s next season.

Zak Ansah striker
Ebecilio can still play for U18s next season.
Monteiro and Angha still can play for U18s.
Wynter full back.
James Campbell left back.
Steven Smith another CB.
Neita and Monakana wingers/strikers.
Glasgow full back.
Reice Charles-Cook goal kepper.

Master Splinter
03-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Chuba Akpom

Marc Overmars
03-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Is that a new breed of Pokemon?

Fist of Lehmann
03-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Thought Bellerin was a winger?

Oh well, guess we could end up with a full back that can cross.

Kaiser
03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
He can play as both, I think. I guess being a winger/full-back at Barcelona is essentially the same thing, looking at Adriano and Dani Alves.

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Brighton want Lansbury on loan

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury is using pal Jack Wilshere as a role model in his
quest for a place in Fabio Capello’s England squad.

Lansbury, 20, has a point to prove when he lines up for the Under-21s against Norway at Southampton.

He said: ‘Jack has done what we all aim to do. He has taken his chance and gone out there and performed. Other lads at Arsenal look up to him and want to be doing
the same. I have played many years with Jack. He has progressed and taken his chance.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/04/article-0-0B4D72B5000005DC-843_468x286.jpg Ambition: Henri Lansbury (left) has returned to Arsenal following a loan spell at Norwich

‘He has always been small but he has been exceptional. Jack is a great player and will be missed at this level but we have to focus without him now. It’s a massive
inspiration also that Mr Capello will be watching this match and all of us will go out to impress him.

Lansbury also wouldn’t mind going back on loan to new Barclays Premier League side Norwich, where he spent last season, if he is not needed at Arsenal.

He added: ‘I don’t know the situation yet. I will go back in preseason and go from there. I want to show Mr Wenger what I can do in this tournament first.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394372/Arsenal-Henri-Lansbury-says-Jack-Wilshere-inspiration.html#ixzz1OPZOxBqQ

Should be a squad member next season

Sirjackofwilshere
05-06-2011, 02:36 PM
I'd rather give Lansbury a chance than spunk millions on Parker. That said in an ideal world I'd let this lad go, forget about Parker and get a top clas DM.

In any case Coquelin is much better.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Coquelin is better than who?

Parker or Lansbury?

Sirjackofwilshere
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Better than lansbury and has the potential to be much better than Parker.

Maestro
05-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Surely Lansbury is not a DM, so I don't get the comparison

Japan Shaking All Over
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I'd rather give Lansbury a chance than spunk millions on Parker. That said in an ideal world I'd let this lad go, forget about Parker and get a top clas DM.

In any case Coquelin is much better.

the strongest case IMO is for a midfielder that has experience and the ability to duke it out when the going gets tough and for that mentality to be displayed to such an extent that the team follows suit

If Lansbury has that then I too, would give him the chance over the millions (less than 10) that would be needed to land Parker but I don't think that is the case. Lansbury would be best loaned out as Jack was to Bolton and for that matter why not bring back Coquelin and do the same. Would learn more back here although wasnt his deal part of our help thy sister club policy?

Sirjackofwilshere
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Coquelin Poised To Miss Pre-Season

Francis Coquelin is poised to miss Arsenal’s pre-season preparations after being named in the French Under 20 squad for next months Under 20 World Cup in Colombia.
Coquelin, who spent the whole of last season on loan with Ligue One outfit Lorient, was expected to use pre-season to force his way into Arsene Wenger’s first-team squad. However, he and fellow Lorient loanee Gilles Sunu have both been named in Francis Smerecki’s initial 30-man squad, and are all but certain to make the final cut.
France’s involvement in the competition begins on July 30th, and will run to at least August 5th, when the group stages finish.
Ignasi Miquel has already been included in the Spain squad for the competition, meaning he will also miss pre-season.
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/06/coquelin-poised-to-miss-pre-season/

In answer to @ JapanShakingAllOver; Coquelin is a very combative midfielder...whilst not the tallest he doesn't shirk from the fight. That said his physical quality doesn't detract from his technical ability and poise.

milla
08-06-2011, 09:11 AM
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/06/coquelin-poised-to-miss-pre-season/

In answer to @ JapanShakingAllOver; Coquelin is a very combative midfielder...whilst not the tallest he doesn't shirk from the fight. That said his physical quality doesn't detract from his technical ability and poise.

Coquelin is very similar to Flamini (or Las Diarra), not the biggest but very combative and athletics. 2-3 years from now, he would be perfect replacement for Song.

Sirjackofwilshere
17-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I am delighted to bring you an extensive interview with the number one source of Arsenal Youth news, Young Guns Blog. Many of the questions were supplied by people who follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/ladyarse). Thank you for that. Please take the time, after reading of course, to check out Young Guns (http://younggunsblog.co.uk/) excellent site and follow him on Twitter @YoungGunsBlog (http://www.twitter.com/YoungGunsBlog) if you don’t already.

1. Who was your stand-out young player of the 2010/11 season and why?
“There are a handful of candidates, all for different reasons, but looking over a 12 month period, I’d say Ryo Miyaichi. He was a 17-year-old who had only played high school football when he came on trial last summer, and turned in two mixed performances during pre-season matches. A year later, he’s going straight into the first-team squad for training and is one of the most exciting prospects at the club. It’s been a stunning final few months of the campaign for him, and his positivity and style has earned him a lot of richly deserved plaudits.”

2. Who was the biggest disappointment from the 2010/11 season and why?
“It’s a little unfair to pick out one player in what has been a difficult season all round, but Wellington Silva sticks in my head. For me, he’s got more raw ability than Miyaichi, but his attitude to everything off the pitch is a massive issue. He only played twice for Levante, when he promised to do so much better. It’s always real shame when something like attitude gets in the way, especially when you can clearly see the talent he has.”

3. Which players are ready to step up to the first team for the 11/12 season?
“The Reserves and Under 18′s are in the middle of a transitional period at the moment, and most of the players within both squads are at least a year away from looking to kick on to that level. The main candidates are those who went on loan last year, including Kyle Bartley, Francis Coquelin and the aforementioned Miyaichi. The latter probably needs another spell somewhere, but Bartley and Coquelin have played on a regular basis and proved consistently they can cope with the demands of top level football. They both deserve a chance to prove themselves.”

4. Which players will need a season out on loan to be ready for the 12/13 season?
“That will be the majority of the Reserves. Players like James Shea, Ignasi Miquel, Conor Henderson and Oğuzhan Özyakup. They’ve all shown they’re comfortable at Reserve team level now, but are not able to force their way into the first team squad. A loan spell will help sharpen some of their blunter abilities (mostly physical ones) and give them the experience and confidence needed for a first team push.”

5. Which players do you feel aren’t going to cut it at Arsenal?
“It’s really too early to judge, because a lot of them are still very young. We’ll get a better idea next season, when the current Reserve team go on loan and we learn more about how they can cope with the added pressure and demands on them.”

6. Miquel or Bartley, which one will be the better player?
“Bartley, for me. He has all the ingredients Arsenal have lacked in a centre half, and while Miquel is better technically and more of a ‘genuine footballer’, he is more suited to the Spanish game. Bartley is tall, strong, a good passer of the ball and now has a good amount of experience under his belt. He’s ready to make the first team push, whereas Miquel still needs to add more of the raw aspects of the game. That said, he’s made massive strides in the last year.”

7. What role do you see Coquelin and Frimpong playing in the side next season?
“Coquelin will miss pre-season because of the Under 20 World Cup, and that’s a big blow for him. Lorient are very keen to extend his loan spell, and I’d accept that offer, because they’re a fantastic club for developing players. His situation will be better next year, because the first team players will be back late from the European Championships, and he’ll be more ready to make his mark then.”
“I think Frimpong can be a good fringe player, but he’s missed a lot of football, and when you’re his age, it’s very difficult to catch up. Coquelin has had a year in Ligue One while Emmanuel has done nothing. That said, he’s worked hard on his fitness over the summer and now he’s in great shape to come back, but making the break through for both of them will depend on what happens in the transfer market.”

8. What’s your honest opinion on Jay Emmanuel-Thomas?
“He’s an extremely gifted talent, but his attitude and lack of consistency ruins him. He has shown lots of glimpses of his quality, but then goes off the boil and doesn’t look interested. It’s normal for all young players to have spells of inconsistency, but they’re never as erratic as this. Unfortunately, despite receiving a lot of advice from the coaching staff, it doesn’t seem to be going in, and a future away from the club is all but certain.”

9. What’s your honest opinion on BenikAfobe?
“I’ve followed Benik since he was 14 (not literally!) and I’ve always been impressed. He has all the talent, heart and desire to reach the top, and with some work on some key aspects such as holding the ball up better and learning when to shoot and when to pass, he can be excellent. Benik is a fine example of how a positive attitude and a will to learn and work hard can get you places, even if you’re not a complete player yet.”

10. Any other players you’d like to give an honourable mention to?
“Argentine goalkeeper Emi Martínez has had a fantastic season, and has a Szczęsny-esque vibe about him. He’s got everything you’d look for in a young ‘keeper, and he’s been superb in what was a difficult season for the Under 18′s. He’s spent a lot of time training with the first-team, too, and looks to have a bright future.”

11. Which player, who has left before making a breakthrough in to the Arsenal first team, do you consider to be our biggest loss?
“I’d have to say Arturo Lupoli. He looked a superb striker in the Carling Cup and did well on loan. He got tempted back to Italy on a big contract and many will say he hasn’t done much there so Arsène Wenger was proved right, but I feel he would have developed significantly at Arsenal and may well have been the penalty box poacher many say we need. It’s a big shame he didn’t sign the contract offered.”

12. What is the likelihood of getting work permits for Wellington and Myachi for next season?
“Slim. Neither are eligible for a conventional work permit and aren’t in their national team squads, so it means the only option is the unpredictable and difficult world of talent visas. Both are probably better off on loan anyway.”

13. It has been widely reported that Wellington has issues with his attitude, is this accurate?
“Unfortunately so. He’s had complaints about it at all his clubs, including Arsenal. The issue comes off the pitch, rather than on it. He doesn’t like training very much, he doesn’t try very hard and has a cocky and arrogant attitude towards other players and staff. He is getting help for it, but how much good it’s doing it’s not clear.”
“It’s a problem a lot of young Brazilian players suffer from, after moving from poverty to then big money.”

14. What has gone wrong with Carlos Vela, why has he not progressed as many of us had hoped?
“Carlos is the type of player who thrives when he has the full support and trust of the manager. He hasn’t really had that yet, and his problems adapting to England, something Arsenal admit is their fault for not supporting him enough at Salamanca, has not helped. He’s done well as a substitute and has a decent goals to games ratio, but he doesn’t get rewarded with a run in the team, even when he’s earned it.”
“Overall, it’s a mixture of luck, failure to adapt and the lack of trust from managers, but of course that’s not helped with regular Mexico call ups, which disrupt his training schedule.”

15. Do you believe that continuing to buy youth players from Barca will mean that Arsenal will always have to deal with variations of the ‘Cesc saga’ in years to come?
“Of course, but you can’t begrudge a player from wanting to go home, especially when home is the best team in the world. You’d be disappointed if they didn’t want to be the best and play for the best, but the handling of certain situations in recent season’s hasn’t been good.”
“Ultimately, Arsenal are happy to take the gamble and sign these players, because even if they do want to go home, there is significant profit involved. Arsenal paid a few hundred thousand for Cesc, and pretty much whatever they make on him would be pure profit. Same with other clubs who have signed La Masia talent.”

16. What do you think of the 90 minute rule in regards to recruiting young players?
“In essence its a good idea, but the details of it are sketchy and clubs can and have got around it easily. There is also the argument Arsène makes about young players, which is if your child is good at music, you want them in the best music school. Same with football. This rule can restrict players. It should be a decision down to the parents and player, not the governing body.”

17. In your opinion, should Wilshere have went to the U21 championship?
“Not at all. Theo Walcott was eligible to go, and choosing Jack is just as illogical as selecting Theo. Once you break through that barrier into the senior team and you play at the top level, it only hampers players to drop them down, because they lose confidence in the system. The Under 21′s is about developing and preparing players for the senior team. Jack has already gone through that and shown he can make the step up. His space in the Under 21′s should be given to a player who hasn’t played so much and still has to make that step.”

18. What do you think about those who say Wenger’s youth ‘project’ has failed?
“They don’t understand the project, if they say that. The club make a good amount of money from young players, in terms of loan fees and transfers. The business aspect is very good, and you can see on their day, the team can beat anybody. The issue comes with blending experienced heads with those talents, and unfortunately, Arsène hasn’t done that well enough.”

19. Away from Arsenal, who are the young players from other teams to keep an eye out for next season?
“There are a whole collection of exciting talents around at the moment, but I’d say to watch out for the stars of the Bundesliga winners at Borussia Dortmund, including Neven Subotić, Shinji Kagawa and Mario Götze, plus the Spanish youngsters Pablo Sarabia, Isco, Thiago and Javi Martínez. On top of that, pretty much anybody I feature in my FourFourTwo Talentspotter column (http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/talentspotter/default.aspx), as a lot of work goes into recommending talents on there.”

20. Anything else you’d like to add?
“Just that the youth system at Arsenal is one of the best in the world, and while we should all be very proud of it, we shouldn’t expect too much. It is there to compliment the first team and transfers, not instead of.”
http://ladyarse.co.uk/2011/06/ladyarse-interviews-young-guns/

Sirjackofwilshere
22-06-2011, 06:46 PM
very interesting changes are afoot

Arsenal Set To Benefit From EPP Plans

The way English clubs scout, recruit and develop young players is set to change, after Premier League chairman agreed on the terms for a Elite Performance Plan.
Ivan Gazidis was present at the meeting at the end of the season, in which chairmen discussed ways to revamp the current rulings on youngsters. The key changes come around the signing and development of players, with the ’90 minute rule’ set to be scrapped and coaching times increased.
The current setup means clubs can only coach players aged between 10 and 18 for a maximum of 2000 hours, but the new proposals allow up to 10,000 hours. Elsewhere, the rule on players only being signed to academies if they live within 90 minutes of the training centre will be removed, but there will be further discussions on greater compensation on the transfer of youngsters, especially with regards to lower league clubs.
The changes have been mooted for a number of years, with Arsène Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson two of the key pioneers of the EPP.
The rulings will come into action from the start of the 2012-2013 season, and the hope is that they will match up with those of Spanish clubs, allowing English sides the option to add more continental coaching methods to their development plans.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/06/arsenal-set-to-benefit-from-epp-plans/

Remains to be seen whether the bungling FA will actually implement the changes.

Joker
23-06-2011, 01:53 PM
18. What do you think about those who say Wenger’s youth ‘project’ has failed?

They don’t understand the project, if they say that. The club make a good amount of money from young players, in terms of loan fees and transfers. The business aspect is very good, and you can see on their day, the team can beat anybody.

So Wenger's youth project is all about making profit. I wish our club could for once concentrate on the football rather than purely on the business side of things. Listening to answers like that, where a project is deemed successful simply because it's made us a lot of money is seriously depressing.

Darth Vela
23-06-2011, 08:57 PM
That was only part of the answer tbf, the part at the end would imply he doesn't think about it as purely financial success but I agree that I don't think any judgement should be weighted fiscally but rather footballistically, that's what it's about after all.

Ironing
23-06-2011, 11:23 PM
So Wenger's youth project is all about making profit. I wish our club could for once concentrate on the football rather than purely on the business side of things. Listening to answers like that, where a project is deemed successful simply because it's made us a lot of money is seriously depressing.

Why didn't you quote his whole reply? It was only one sentence more.

You work for a tabloid or something?

"Arsene hasn't done that well enough" = project was a success?

Also I don't know if you realise this but football clubs ARE businesses. We don't have an Abramovich (rightly or wrongly) so it is important our finances are SOUND

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Decision to be made on Coquelin after U20 World Cup with Lorient keen to re-sign him

The immediate future of Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin remains somewhat uncertain, with French side Lorient, with whom he spent the entirety of last season, hoping to retain his services next campaign. A concrete decision will not be made, however, until the culmination of his participation in the FIFA U20 World Cup, which takes place in Columbia and commences next month, with Coquelin’s France facing Columbia, South Korea and Mali in the group stage.
Coquelin is due to return to London Colney for pre-season training, along with the club’s other professional players, a week tomorrow, but will see his preparations for the new campaign somewhat disrupted by his international commitments, although he could still feasibly feature in the club’s two Asian tour games against a Malaysian XI and local side Hangzhou Greentown next month.http://www.letelegramme.com/ar/imgproxy.php/PhotoIntuitions/2010/10/29/1098784_8462143-alscoquelin-20101029-w001a.jpg?article=20101029-1001098784&aaaammjj=20101029
Since signing from Laval three summers ago, Coquelin has made quite an impression in North London, helping Arsenal’s under-18s attain a Premier Academy League and FA Youth Cup double in 2008/09, whilst also impressing on many occasions for the Reserves. He has been limited to just four first-team outings, although he did start the FA Cup defeat away to Stoke City two seasons ago.
Arsene Wenger is thought to think highly of Coquelin, who has found his cause aided by the fact that fellow holding midfielder Craig Eastmond is likely to miss the beginning of pre-season due to injury, whilst Emmanuel Frimpong missed almost the entirety of the last campaign because of medial knee ligament damage.
The decision as to whether Coquelin stays to contest for a place in the first-team squad at Arsenal, or returns on loan to Lorient for another season, will ultimately rest with Wenger, who will assess his options come the end of pre-season.
http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/decision-to-be-made-on-coquelin-after-u20-world-cup-with-lorient-keen-to-re-sign-him/

Have high hopes for him..would like to see him given a chance to compete for Song's position this pre-season...thats if the U-20 world cup doesn't hinder his preparations much.

Sirjackofwilshere
04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Arsenal Sign Up Eight New Scholars

Liam Brady is putting the finishing touches to Arsenal’s Under 18 squad for next season, with Steve Bould set to boast one of his most exciting crops of talent ever. Young Guns can confirm Hale End products Isaac Hayden, Anthony Jeffrey and Zak Fagan have all penned scholarship contracts, as have summer recruits Jon Toral, Héctor Bellerín, Serge Gnabry, Leander Siemann and Kristoffer Olsson. Bould’s Under 18′s will also be boosted by the promotion of several of Steve Gatting’s promising Under 16′s. Brady has personally asked the head teachers of Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill, Jack Jebb and Joshua Vickers if they can leave school a year early to move to London Colney full time. All have accepted. The club are still waiting on answers from strikers Austin Lipman and Chuba Akpom. All Under 18′s are due back for pre-season next week.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/arsenal-sign-up-eight-new-scholars/

Cripps_orig
04-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Youth Project :bow:

Wenger wont buy anyone for years cos he doesnt want to kill these lot

Sirjackofwilshere
04-07-2011, 08:34 PM
erm, I think Wilshere alone vindicates the project.

Sirjackofwilshere
16-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Meanwhile, Arsenal teenager Alban Bunjaku is at the centre of an international tug-of-war between England and Albania.
The 17-year-old has not signed professional terms for the Gunners yet but is already on England’s radar.
But England will have to beat Albania in their attempts to secure the attacking midfielder’s international future.
Bunjaku was born to Albanian parents but grew up in Essex making him eligible to play for the Three Lions.
Albania’s Football Federation is keen for the teenager to pledge his allegiance to them and were thought to be in pole position to land Bunjaku.
But FA sources have confirmed to Sportsmail that Bunjaku is now firmly on England’s radar after being alerted to his talents through their nationwide scouting network.
Now England coaches are keen to promote the teenager in to the FA’s youth development set-up after identifying Bunjaku as a possible England player of the future.

Bunjaku is highly-rated amongst Arsenal’s coaching staff and the youngster is expected to put pen to paper on his first professional deal within the next 12 months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015236/Arsenal-told-Valencia-winger-Juan-Mata-cost-20m.html#ixzz1SDhkceti

Very good prospect..sublime technique and vision. Posted a video of him earlier on this thread (might be on old GW)..just type his name on utube

Boss
20-07-2011, 08:17 AM
We beat some pile of filth 9-0... JET scored a hattrick.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/hastings-0-9-arsenal-jet-shines-in-rout/

Sirjackofwilshere
22-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Our U-18s played Watford in a friendly yesterday and won 2-0. One of the Barca buys scored.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 02:07 PM
hey SirJack!
any word on Coquelin?
surely hes worth keeping around, Denilson gone (no great loss granted) and better than Eastmond from what Ive seen/heard!

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 03:47 PM
hey SirJack!
any word on Coquelin?
surely hes worth keeping around, Denilson gone (no great loss granted) and better than Eastmond from what Ive seen/heard!

Coquelin would have most likely been pominent in the pre-season games, but has been playing for the France U20s. Will probably go on loan to Lorient for another year.

The Barca kid who scored was Bellerin.

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Another Barca kid great I can see it now in a few years Fabregas calling him so re-sign for them as its his spiritual home :rolleyes:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Coquelin would have most likely been pominent in the pre-season games, but has been playing for the France U20s. Will probably go on loan to Lorient for another year.

The Barca kid who scored was Bellerin.

:)

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Another Barca kid great I can see it now in a few years Fabregas calling him so re-sign for them as its his spiritual home :rolleyes:

Hopefully we make another £35m-plus profit after kidnapping another one of their kids!

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Hopefully we make another £35m-plus profit after kidnapping another one of their kids!

looks like that is the overall plan!

wouldn't seeing us win something tho before selling on......you know just to be boring like!:whistle:

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 03:59 PM
looks like that is the overall plan!

wouldn't seeing us win something tho before selling on......you know just to be boring like!:whistle:

Was just going to post the same thing beat me to it :)

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Was just going to post the same thing beat me to it :)

:lol:

Sirjackofwilshere
22-07-2011, 04:42 PM
As MS said...Le Coq is off at the U20 WC otherwise imo he'd be a good bet for making the squad this season. Better than Frimpong and imo will become better than Song.

Afobe, Frimpong, Henderson, jenkinson and Myaichi are the youngsters flying off to germany with the 1st team. Dissapointed that Bartley hasn't been given a chance yet...I'm hoping he takes Squillacis place in the squad.

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Lansbury and Bartley are still injured, I think. He was out for Rangers for a while.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Bartley could make the step up this year......lets see him get obver his injury

Darth Vela
22-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Shame neither Bartley nor Lansbury are getting a chance to impress, I wouldn't be convinced of relying on Bartley as 4th choice defender but if we don't sign anyone (still unlikely imo) he'd be preferable to Squillaci but I think he's got what we need; as for Lansbury, I was hoping he'd take Rosicky's place in the squad as he has a similar work ethic and can play the positions that TR does but with a little more goal threat and physicality, from what I've seen anyway.

Master Splinter
23-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Both are injured currently.

Sirjackofwilshere
24-07-2011, 05:58 PM
The guy at Young Guns blog thinks that we might be adjusting our policy concerning the youngsters and reserves. Specifically that fringe prospects will not be kept as long as before (cf. Randell, Hoyte etc) and will be moved on quicker to make room for younger more talented players.

We're seeing the beginning of the changes with the sale of Deacon to Sunderland, JET being hawked around ( rumours being that hes off to Portsmouth), Murphy on trial at Middlesborough..etc etc There is a very talented crop coming up to the U-18s this season (Toral, Bellerin, Akpom, Lipman, Jebb) and selling off some of the older players will make room for them.

Sirjackofwilshere
24-07-2011, 08:11 PM
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/arsenal-begin-reserves-clear-out/

Gubby Allen
25-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Thomas is off to Ipswich for 1 mill. Rhys Murphy to go to Middlesboro.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3715969/Ipswich-snap-up-Arsenal-youngster-Jay-Emmanuel-Thomas-for-an-undisclosed-fee.html

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Project youth. :bow:

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 04:34 PM
JET is/was shit but he was the best of our reserves.

We're fucked

Darth Vela
27-07-2011, 11:38 AM
He was in the reserves with Wilshere tbf so second best maybe.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Denilson
Coritiba 3-4 Sao Paulo
Wednesday, July 27
Denilson was sent off in injury time after seeing Sao Paulo to a 4-3 win over Coritiba on Wednesday night. In the second game of his loan spell, the Brazilian midfielder helped Adilson Batista’s side race into a 4-0 lead within an hour. But three goals in the final half-hour saw Coritiba pull to within one goal of the visitors. Denilson was given his marching orders in the closing moments as Sao Paulo moved to second in Serie A.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/loan-watch-denilson-sent-off-for-sao-paulo

How he is missed

Chach007
01-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm going to see arsenal reserves v dover on wed and was wondering who was likely to be involved. Obviously the general reserve squad but who else from the 1st team might get a call who won't be travelling to portugal. Can miyaichi play in portugal if not could he be involved at dover? Any one in the know?

Sirjackofwilshere
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Don't think Myiachi will play mate. It'll be the usual reserves (Aneke, Ozyakup et al) with a sprinkle of u-18 players like Gnarby.

Anyway heres highlight reels for Afoe and Frimpong from the Emirates cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4rvzguaexY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cy9NTad054&feature=channel_video_title

Master Splinter
16-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Vela and Botelho go on loan to Spain

Carlos Vela and Pedro Botelho will both spend the 2011/12 campaign on loan in Spain’s La Liga.

Vela (22) is to join Real Sociedad subject to a medical. Brazilian defender Botelho (21) will spend this term with the newly promoted Rayo Vallecano.

Vela, the Mexico international forward, goes to Real Sociedad for the opportunity of regular first-team football.

As well as featuring 13 times for the Gunners last season, Vela enjoyed a successful loan spell with West Bromwich Albion from January, scoring two vital goals in his eight appearances – late equalisers against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Stoke City – which helped the Baggies make a strong finish to the season.

Vela was involved in five of Arsenal’s six pre-season games this year, scoring in both matches on the Asia Tour, against a Malaysia XI in Kuala Lumpur and Hangzhou Greentown in China.

Botelho returns to Spain with Rayo to gain further first-team experience, having enjoyed a successful 2010/11 campaign as a regular with Second Division side Cartagena.

Since signing for Arsenal in January 2008, the young defender has also had season-long loan spells in Spain with Salamanca and Celta Vigo.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wish Carlos and Pedro the best of luck with their respective clubs for the season ahead.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/vela-and-botelho-go-on-loan-to-spain

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 09:14 AM
So who are the youngens to look out for in the Carling Cup this season?

Carling Cup football has been the most enjoyable for me (until we start playing the first team).

Who's the next Wilshere/Cesc/Vela (he was great in CC)?

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 03:36 PM
We'll obviously see Ryo, Ugly Theo, Campbell, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Afobe etc. feature prominently. Unless they've become proper first-teamers.

Players like Miquel, Aneke, Ozyakup and Ebecilio are probably the most talented youngsters. They might get a chance if we play some proper pub teams or are winning games 5-0.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Youths come from behind to beat wigan's reserves:
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/08/wigan-1-3-arsenal-ryo-on-target/

Master Splinter
24-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Frimpong, Lansbury and Ugly Theo called up to the under-21s squad.

Frimpong prefers Ghana so it would be funny if he told Pearce to fuck off.

I fully expect him to do so.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I think he can still play for Ghana at senior level even if he represents England u21's.

Master Splinter
24-08-2011, 06:21 PM
He can.

But he should tell Pearce to FOAD anyway.

And I fully expect him to do so.

milla
25-08-2011, 08:10 PM
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk4MTQyNTQ0.html.

Highlights from reserve game vs Wigan. Watch our number 10, he is like 6ft tall version of Cesc. Great debut goal ny Miyaichi. :coffee:

Grebbo
25-08-2011, 09:15 PM
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk4MTQyNTQ0.html.

Highlights from reserve game vs Wigan. Watch our number 10, he is like 6ft tall version of Cesc. Great debut goal ny Miyaichi. :coffee:

Freeman needs to master the offside rule :)

How highly is he regarded - Carling Cup level yet?

milla
25-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Freeman needs to master the offside rule :)

How highly is he regarded - Carling Cup level yet?

Aneke is too good for reserve games, it is too easy for him. He was offered a contract from Barcelona last year (after Afobe) but said he would rather play for us :)
The club didnt send him out on loan last year, probably because he was too young but this year I do expect him to leave for Championship or League 1 club. Talent wise he is certainly as good as Wilshere (better than Frimpong, Ramsey, Lansbury, Eastmond etc). If he stay clear of long term injury, he will definitely be in the first team squad next year. :coffee:

Grebbo
25-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks. What about Freeman?

Sirjackofwilshere
27-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Ozyakup and Coquelin included in tomorrow's squad according to reports.

Grebbo... Freeman is a dimunitive but very hard working striker that cam play on either wing. Very much improved since we bought him from Gillingham. Has an eye for goal and has scored some corkers for the reserves. Did go on loan at Yeovil town in 2009-2010 season..started of well but tailed off somewhat and had to return after suffering a fracture. Not as hyped as others in our setup but one to keep an eye on.

Sirjackofwilshere
27-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Aneke in tomorrow's squad too according to some. Top class prospect. One of my favourites.

gunsofashburtongrove
27-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I heard too to Ozyakup and Le Coq are included. Will be surprised if Le Coq starts as he hasn't had any rest after the U-20's

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lansbury started for England U-21s, who beat Azerbaijan 6-0.

Two goals and two assists for Lansbury.

Two assists for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

We should have kept Lansbury :(.

Grebbo
02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
What did Ox look like last night - any good?

Did he start against Manure? How did he do? (obviously not great but were there signs of potential?)

gunsofashburtongrove
02-09-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/england-azerbaijan-u21-euro-2013-qualifier-official-match-highlights-15356897/

There you Grebbo

GunnerFan4Life
05-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Oxlade with another assist off the bench :bow:

Master Splinter
05-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Two assists to turn the game around apparently.

A Must Start on Saturday.

If Fatsharvin plays ahead of him, Wenger has to go.

milla
05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lansbury started for England U-21s, who beat Azerbaijan 6-0.

Two goals and two assists for Lansbury.

Two assists for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

We should have kept Lansbury :(.

Wenger sent Lansbury on loan to West Spam instead of Swansea.. :doh:

Master Splinter
05-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Wenger sent Lansbury on loan to West Spam instead of Swansea.. :doh:

They were the only ones willing to pay his wages and he probably wanted to stay in London.

But I do think Lansbo would have been useful in our squad this season.

GunnerFan4Life
05-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Oxlade's done it again!!!!!!

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson
The fact Arsenal have got experience AND youth this summer, makes Oxlade-Chamberlain's move that bit sweeter. Top prospect.

milla
05-09-2011, 07:43 PM
They were the only ones willing to pay his wages and he probably wanted to stay in London.

But I do think Lansbo would have been useful in our squad this season.

Well the club should pay his wages (or take a pay cut) tbh, there is nothing bad about going on loan to Swansea (PL club). He could have easily got himself 20-25 PL games under his belt. :coffee:

GunnerFan4Life
05-09-2011, 08:03 PM
4 assists for oxlade chamberlain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-1 :O This kid is amazing!!

Master Splinter
05-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Lansbury got that last goal too. Hope he returns from his loan tbh.

Four assists for Ugly Theo :bow:.

Arsenal's GHELs :bow:.

IBK
05-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I really hope that the youngsters still at the club get the chance to develop now we have some experience...

Master Splinter
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
It's set up for Oxtail-Chambermaid to rip up Swansea on Saturday.

Come on Wenger :pray:.

I will cry if Arshavin plays.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Project Youth. :bow:

Always rated it tbf.

fari
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
It's set up for Oxtail-Chambermaid to rip up Swansea on Saturday.

Come on Wenger :pray:.

I will cry if Arshavin plays.

the kid has only played against azerbaijan and israel but those teams are probably on par with swansea this season so i say let him play. i wont be mad if arshie starts but at some point oxlade c should get some action in that game.

Darth Vela
05-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I'd guess he'll get a run out sooner or later but for Swansea we have Arshy/Theo/Chu/Beni vying for those spots so it'll be a late-ish cameo to get his +1 if anything, then even more limited chances when Gervinho gets back.

AKBapologist
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Oxlaide vs Israel (4 assists)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp4hF0w2WC8

milla
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
http://arseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nick1.jpg

SirNik :bow:

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Lansbury scored for West Ham.

Campbell got an assist for Lorient.

Bendtner got an assist too.

Fist of Lehmann
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Bendtner's 5 yd first touch :lol:

Campbells assist was nice though.

LDG
13-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Lansbury signs a new deal.

IBK
13-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Lansbury signs a new deal.

Source pls

LDG
13-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Source pls

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lansbury-signs-contract-extension-with-club

Soz. Poorly sick. Not thinking straight.

Flavs
13-09-2011, 11:49 AM
http://arseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nick1.jpg

That got a proper LOL from me, good work

IBK
13-09-2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lansbury-signs-contract-extension-with-club

Soz. Poorly sick. Not thinking straight.

:good:

Good news. Sorry that you are ailing.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-09-2011, 01:11 PM
'Ammers have signed Almunia on a one month emergency loan deal. :lol:

IBK
30-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Feck me - does Twitchy have a hard on for Arsenal players/ex players, or what???

McNamara That Ghost...
30-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Feck me - does Twitchy have a hard on for Arsenal players/ex players, or what???

Probably but as far as I know Fat Sam is with the 'Ammers. :unsure:

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Fat Sam :lol:

Good luck to Almunia though

Marc Overmars
30-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Almunia. :lol:

I remember him.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Manu and Fat Sam. . . .couple of England #1s wannabes

Japan Shaking All Over
30-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Manu and Fat Sam. . . .couple of England #1s wannabes. . . . .

Master Splinter
30-09-2011, 03:04 PM
He's a billion times better than Green, at least.

Should do well at that level, unless he really has become the completely broken man he sometimes seemed last season.

Seaman's Ponytail
30-09-2011, 07:15 PM

West Ham :pal:

milla
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Man of the match: Nicklas Bendtner. Scored and a goal assist from the on-loan striker as the Black Cats hauled themselves back into the game.

Master Splinter
01-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Joel Campbell scored for Lorient in a 2-0 win over Valenciennes.

GunnerFan4Life
06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Oxlade chambo scored 2 goals for under 21s :bow: AW you genius! (Sold for 30million to chelsea in 5 years time)

Master Splinter
06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Oxlade chambo scored 2 goals for under 21s :bow: AW you genius! (Sold for 30million to chelsea in 5 years time)

30 million?

He's English.

£99m to Citeh tbh.

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Lorient coach Christian Gourcuff has hailed the ability of Arsenal forward Joel Campbell, proclaiming that the Gunners would not have loaned him out had he gained a work permit.

The Costa Rican striker has made five appearances for the French outfit so far this season and recently scored his first goal against Valenciennes.

However, Gourcuff is resigned to losing Campbell when his season-long loan term expires, given that he would be likely to qualify for a work permit at the end of the campaign.

He told Goal.com: "It would be wonderful [if he could rejoin on loan], but I doubt it. We don’t have a privileged relations with Arsenal, as opposed to what everyone thinks. Just affinities on the level of the management of our clubs which we have in common.

"They released him because he did not have his work permit in England. Otherwise, they would have kept him.

"Anyway, I think they do not see such a dim view of the fact that he will progress with us. They have their interests and we have ours."

Gourcuff has been impressed with Campbell's start to life in France, and is tipping the Gunners youngster to have an exciting future.

He said: "He made a promising beginning. He was quickly integrated, he made good entries.

"He was very interesting, not only because he scored, but also because he was put at the service of the collective.

"He is a very promising young player, promised with a very great future."

Despite a good start, the French boss is still convinced that the young striker can improve further with experience.

He continued: "How can he still progress? He's just come to Europe, it is normal that he still has progress to make. But, I don't have a concern about him. He is a boy who is listening to the others.

"He is rigorous and he is disciplined. He can still progress on the level of the choices which he could make on the pitch, so that they are more relevant, but with the experience it will come."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/09/2703469/lorient-coach-christian-gourcuff-joel-campbell-will-have-a-great-

Forgot about this pub teamer. Has only scored one goal so far.

Another great Wenger project by the looks of it

Sirjackofwilshere
14-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing more of Coquelin

Sirjackofwilshere
14-10-2011, 08:40 PM
According to some peeps Nico Yennaris trained with the first team today..can play RB

GP
14-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to seeing more of Coquelin

Me too I love seeing Coq

Olivier's xmas twist
14-10-2011, 09:26 PM
According to some peeps Nico Yennaris trained with the first team today..can play RB

Probs be a back up if anything tbh.

Cripps_orig
21-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Watt and Henderson sign new contracts

New signings :rose:

Also hasnt Watt been around for ages? Isnt he like 37 now?

milla
22-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Sir Nik is on the scoresheet again. :bow:

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Arsenal are planning to send five of their young fringe players out on loan after Tuesday’s League Cup tie against Bolton Wanderers, Goal.com has learned.

Ignasi Miquel, Sanchez Watt, Oguzhan Ozyakup, Daniel Boateng and Chuks Aneke are all in line to be loaned out to lower league clubs.

Manager Arsene Wenger wants the teenagers, who have played only five competitive Arsenal games between them, to gain some first-team experience.

Wenger has delayed sanctioning loan moves for the youngsters until after the League Cup fourth round match, for which he intends to field a mixture of established and fringe players.

Should Arsenal knock Bolton out, the Frenchman is planning to field a stronger team in the later rounds as he attempts to end his club’s six-year trophy drought and there will be no further opportunities for the fringe players.

Miquel played the full 90 minutes in the 3-1 win over Shrewsbury Town last month, while the other four were all substitutes, with Ozyakup and Aneke both coming off the bench to make their first-team debuts.

Goal.com understands that the five players will be loaned out to Championship and League One clubs and will be added to the 11 Arsenal players out on loan at various clubs in England, Scotland, Spain, France and Brazil.

Although loans are prohibited between Premier League clubs outside of the winter and summer windows, Football League clubs are eligible to register players on loan in the first half of the season until Thursday, November 24.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/24/2725201/arsenal-plan-to-send-five-young-gunners-out-on-loan-after-league-

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Sam Allardyce will assess the progress of Robert Green's recovery from injury before deciding whether to extend Manuel Almunia's loan at West Ham United.

Live on Sky Sports
vs Brighton v West Ham
October 24, 2011 7:30pm

.Remote Record..Green recently underwent knee surgery and was ruled out for six weeks, prompting Allardyce to bring in Almunia on loan from Arsenal.

Almunia has started three Championship games for the Hammers and is again expected to start in Monday night's game at Brighton & Hove Albion.

The Spaniard's loan spell at Upton Park expires at the end of the month and Allardyce is unsure about retaining the 34-year-old.

Allardyce confirmed Green is progressing well from his operation and the Hammers boss will not rush into a decision regarding Almunia.

"Rob is recovering well," said Allardyce.

"We will see how he is doing before we decide on whether to extend Manuel's stay from Arsenal."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7263178,00.html

Lets hope they keep the guy

milla
24-10-2011, 03:32 PM
lol Almunia, 34 and still shit. Mad Jens is right all along. :coffee:

milla
27-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Joel Campbell came off the bench to hit the winner for Lorient in their 2-1 Coupe de la Ligue victory over Montpellier. The striker arrived on the pitch in the 42nd minute and got his goal with 20 minutes remaining when he finished coolly into the bottom corner. Campbell also won a late penalty for his team - but the spot-kick was saved.

Pedro Botelho played the whole match and got himself on the scoresheet as Rayo Vallecano took all three points from their clash against Malaga. The Brazilian headed home from a corner in the seventh minute of the game.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/loan-watch-botelho-and-campbell-on-target

Botelho is very underrated IMO :coffee:

Sirjackofwilshere
31-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Theres a young Swedish kid called Kristoffer Olsson that we signed this summer. Been playing for the u-18 this season. Hes 16 and is ripping it up...outstanding technique. Keep a close eye on this one, if he grows physically he'll go far.

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Theres a young Swedish kid called Kristoffer Olsson that we signed this summer. Been playing for the u-18 this season. Hes 16 and is ripping it up...outstanding technique. Keep a close eye on this one, if he grows physically he'll go far.
Have been reading a lot about him and some other recent buys like Serge Gnarby. Hope they all turn out well

Cripps_orig
31-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Almunias back

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2011, 06:02 PM
USA international Brek Shea has linked up with Arsenal for a training period that will allow him to gain experience and possibly play with the reserves.

The 21-year-old is one of the three nominees for the MLS Most Valuable Player award this season following a series of impressive performances for FC Dallas.

FC Dallas' domestic campaign is now at an end and the American club were keen for Shea to spend time in Europe during the off-season.

The Gunners have given him the opportunity to train with them and manager Arsene Wenger is looking forward to seeing Shea at close quarters.

The 6ft 3in midfielder will take part in sessions with the first team and other promising prospects at the club, while Wenger hopes to give him a run in the reserves.

"It's a training period for him to see what his top level is like," Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"The MLS encourage their players to go out to Europe during their off-season for improvement, practice and to have contact with top-level football.

No better place
"That's why Brek Shea is coming here. It is a learning experience for him.

"Brek will train with the first-team when it is possible and practice with the best prospects of the club as well outside of the normal sessions.

"There is not a better place than the Premier League to do that."

Wenger does accept that regulations may not allow Shea to feature for the second string.

"If it is possible I would like to do it," said Wenger. "We will have to see how it goes because we play many games now and we have to check how it works on the legal side too."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7302478/Shea-training-with-Gunners

Cripps_orig
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
yay

Cripps_orig
14-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Arsene Wenger is reportedly lining up a selection of his young players to go out on loan within the next week.

The Arsenal boss has seen loan spells for Jack Wilshere, Wojciech Szczesny and Aaron Ramsey rewarded in the past two seasons and is now looking to stregthen some of his other teenagers and fringe players by loaning them out for some first team action.

Here, talkSPORT selects 10 players who could be available in January and what they could bring to your team…

Oguzhan Ozyakup
POSITION: Central midfielder
STRENGTHS: Technically gifted, brilliant ability to read the game and experienced at international youth level (he captained Holland U17s to the European finals). Ozyakup is one of Wenger's brightest prospects and is cited as the next Fabregas.
WEAKNESSES: No Premier League experience and will struggle to get opportunities with the pile of central midfielders currently at the Emirates.
CLUBS INTERESTED: Genk and Anderlecht are hoping to take him in January.
THEY SAY: "There’s an 18-year-old Dutch-Turkish central midfielder, Oguzhan Ozyakup, who reminds me of Fabregas." - Gary Glessing, Arsenal Youth set-up.

Craig Eastmond
POSITION: Central midfielder
STRENGTHS: A converted right-back, Eastmond's hard-working ethic makes him an assiduous central midfielder.
WEAKNESSES: A broken ankle ended his loan spell with Millwall last season but, now back to full fitness, Eastmond needs first team action to realise his potential and hone his attacking skills.
THEY SAY: “We are happy to have him here because we have quite a number of injuries at the moment. I’ve got confidence in him in a player because I think he is a good player." - Kenny Jackett, Millwall manager, January 2011

Gavin Hoyte
POSITION: Right-back or centre-back
STRENGTHS: Younger brother of former Gunner Justin, Gavin's main strength is his pace. Hoyte is also versatile and can switch across the back line. He has played at England youth level, in the Carling Cup for Arsenal and started a Premier League game against Manchester City in 2008, which Arsenal lost.
WEAKNESSES: Injuries have plagued his season and with Carl Jenkinson doing well as cover for Bacary Sagna, Hoyte will be lucky to get a sniff at the first team. A lack of Premier League experience means he is likely to join a Championship side.
THEY SAY: "Gavin is a great lad and a very good player as he proved while he was here and of course I've thought about bringing him back." Lincoln City manager Steve Tilson, where Hoyte was on loan last season until sustaining an injury, July 2011

Daniel Boateng
POSITION: Centre-back
STRENGTHS: A versatile and powerful defender, Boateng's physical strength is his main attribute. He can play anywhere across the back four and has great leadership skills, having captained the reserve team many times last season. He is highly respected by players and managers alike.
WEAKNESSES: Little experience at the highest level and this sometimes shows with lapses in concentration that can lead to vital errors. His positioning also needs improving.
THEY SAY: “He can be good because he is young, but he comes from a top club. He has played some two years in their reserves and he captained them last year. He is another who can stretch my squad because he can cover two positions.” - Paolo Di Canio, Swindon Town manager, whom Boateng was going to join on loan during the summer.

CHUKS ANEKE
POSITION: Attacking midfielder
STRENGTHS: The Arsenal boss is a big admirer of the statuesque midfielder. Aneke's intelligence and power means he scores goals and holds up play well as a box-to-box midfielder.
WEAKNESSES: Needs first team experience, which he won't get at Arsenal at present with their abundance of central midfielders.
CLUBS INTERESTED: Wolves, West Brom and Wigan
THEY SAY: "Chuks is a bit like Yaya Toure – he has body power and good technique. We had Yaya here [on trial] and for me Chuks is a bit similar because he can play behind the striker or in a deeper role as well." - Arsene Wenger, October 2011

Francis Coquelin
POSITION: Defensive midfielder
STRENGTHS: The young Frenchman impressed during a loan spell with Lorient last season and with some cameo appearances for the first team so far this season, but is keen on a move away from Arsenal due to a lack of action. There is strong competition between Coquelin and Frimpong to gain a place in the team, though the former is more visionary and technically cleaner with the ball.
WEAKNESSES: Has made it clear he would prefer a permanent move, but needs a good run in the league to prove his strength and add some more aggression going forward.
HE SAYS: "He is more a player who likes to cover ground than a player who starts from the back in a tactical position, he likes to be involved at the heart of things. A player's position has to suit his personality. When that is not the case, in the long-term you have no chance." - Arsene Wenger, October 2011

Emmanuel Frimpong
POSITION: Defensive midfielder
STRENGTHS: Power, drive and passion. Frimpong has endeared himself to Arsenal's fans already this season with some strong performances, but with Jack Wilshere set to return to fitness in January, the young Ghanaian could struggle to get much first team action.
WEAKNESSES: Can lack concentration and sometimes loses his head (he picked up a red card on his Premier League debut this year). His passing can be erratic and is nowhere near as reliable as Alex Song's.
CLUBS INTERESTED: Norwich, Swansea and Bolton.
THEY SAY: “They’ve done well, they are always eager to play and train extremely hard. It means there’s a bit of competition in there now and everybody is working hard. Everybody is keeping each other on their toes and it’s nice to have that competition.” - Aaron Ramsey on Frimpong and Coquelin, October 2011

Ignasi Miquel
POSITION: Centre-back
STRENGTHS: Ignasi briefly broke into the first team at the beginning of the season when injuries left the Arsenal back-line threadbare. The Spanish defender has height, composure and brilliant leadership skills, which he has proved as reserve team captain for the past season.
WEAKNESSES: Can succumb to the usual Arsenal problem of losing his position.; He's unlikely to get much first team action in the league with Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen and Djourou ahead of him in the pecking order.
THEY SAY: "He is not yet ready [for Premier League or Champions League] but he did enough to show that he will play in the Premier League and the Champions League, I feel that is the most important thing. He has some aspects of his game that he has to work on, to be a bit more committed in the challenges and better in the air. But overall he has shown that he has the potential to play in there." - Arsene Wenger, February 2011

Ryo Miyaichi
POSITION: Winger
STRENGTHS: Incredible pace, skill and hard-working attitude, the Japanese teenager is held in high regard by Wenger, who has suggested he will be ready for first team action in the new year. A loan spell with Feyenoord at the end of last season was a great success.
WEAKNESSES: His lack of strength could be a problem in the Premier League. A loan spell would let him experience the physicality of the league, without it affecting the Gunners' performances.
THEY SAY: "Ryo is a guy with heart. I don't think he played long enough and we were in a position where we had to defend more than we could attack, but you could see straight away that his heart, his determination and his pace in the game are big assets." - Arsene Wenger after match with Bolton, October 2011

Lukasz Fabianski
POSITION: Goalkeeper
STRENGTHS: Looking to boost his chances of making Poland's Euro 2012 team where he'll have to knock team mate Szczesny out of the number one spot, Fabianski is keen on a loan move. The keeper is a great shot-stopper and good against penalties.
WEAKNESSES: Known as 'Flapianski' to some Arsenal fans, the Pole has made some decisive errors in an Arsenal shirt and, after an injury last year, has struggled to get near the level of the his national team mate.
THEY SAY: "Fabianski is a top-level player, that means he is very demanding with himself. I believe he will be an outstanding goalkeeper, one of the best." - Arsene Wenger, January 2010

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-11-14/wengers-kids-fame-10-arsenal-starlets-your-team-could-sign-loan

Coquelin and maybe Miquel apart, they are all crap

Sirjackofwilshere
14-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Bunjaku is phenomenal. Hopefully he makes the step up to the reserves this season. Have to say the closest talent to Wilsheres quality we have.

server too busy!
16-11-2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3938586/Video-Arsenal-kid-Joel-Campbell-shocks-Spain.html

Joel scoring against Spain

Master Splinter
22-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Aneke has joined Freeman on loan at Stevenage.

Stevenage :bow: hope they go up.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Some Nico dude has signed a new contract.

yay

Master Splinter
22-11-2011, 06:57 PM
yay

:gp:

Master Splinter
24-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Watt has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan.

Master Splinter
24-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain - Boss knows what's best

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is happy to play the waiting game while he learns his trade at Emirates Stadium.

The summer signing from Southampton made an electric start to his Arsenal career with goals on his first two starts against Shrewsbury Town and Olympiacos. But he has not featured for the first team since the Carling Cup win over Bolton last month.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has been tipped as a star of the future but, at 18, he is perfectly happy to bide his time.

"I signed for Arsenal expecting not to get into the team straight away because this is a massive club with a lot of top-quality players," he told Arsenal Player.

"I've signed a contract which is for a number of years so it's just about being patient for me. It's my first year and I'm not going to get as much game time but I'm learning loads in training and just taking everything I can to develop my game. You can learn so much from the boys in training, even just by watching them.

"Getting appearances along the way will feed me in slowly - there's no rush to push me. Obviously I do want to play but I trust the boss and he knows what's best for me.

"I'll keep working hard and when I do get my chance I need to take it. I'm positive: I'm at Arsenal, I'm only 18 and I wasn't expecting to jump straight into the team."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/oxlade-chamberlain-boss-knows-what-s-best

Wenger :bow:.

Great attitude from Oxface. Working hard, waiting for his chance. Some other chumps could learn a thing or two fom him.

IBK
24-11-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/oxlade-chamberlain-boss-knows-what-s-best

Wenger :bow:.

Great attitude from Oxface. Working hard, waiting for his chance. Some other chumps could learn a thing or two fom him.

Coquelin...for a start.

Sirjackofwilshere
30-11-2011, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-Oueo0c_I

Like the look of both

Sirjackofwilshere
04-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Rumours on twitter and in newspapers that Frimpong has agreed a 6 month loan deal to Wolves after christmas.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
That'd be a bit odd, unless we're signing someone I suppose.

Master Splinter
04-12-2011, 04:06 AM
The day he goes, Song and Coquelin will contract the Plague.

But remember, we have Diaby, Rosicky and Eastmond.

Don't forget Djourou, Squillaci and Chamakh can play there too.

What we do with all these players?

milla
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-Oueo0c_I

Like the look of both

SJOW :upset:

Going to Wolves for 6 months will do a lot of good for PingPong IMO. We are so pack in CM now, we only have to add 1-2 quality players to support the wide forward roles. :coffee:

Boss
06-12-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myAbR4p7qUY

Vela :bow: :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Vela. :bow:

I posted this in the La Liga thread, didn't think to look in here first. :lol:

Grebbo
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
How is Joel Campbell getting on in France?

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Nicklas Bendtner demands free pizza, begs young girls for money

Prepare yourselves for what just might be the most Nicklas Bendtner story you've ever heard.

Ekstra Bladent reports that after a drunken Saturday night in Copenhagen, the injured Sunderland striker went into a pizzeria without any money and tried to get himself a free pizza (that sound you hear is David De Gea laughing at him for not just taking a slice and eating it without paying).

From Ekstra Bladent:

"He was f***ing arrogant and came up as if he owned the place. Everyone just stood and looked at each other and shook their heads over the way he behaved," says a 22-year-old carpenter who ran into Bendtner in front of the pizzeria after a night out. [...]

"He played really stupid. When he could not pay, he demanded to get free pizza and said: 'Do you not know who I am? I can buy the whole pizzeria,'" says one of the staff at Pizza House. [...]

"We told him that it did not matter who he was. If he could not pay, there was no pizza," says the pizza man who does not want his name revealed.

After some time, where Bendtner begged and begged the many pizzeria guests to fund his food, a couple of young girls at last took pity on the famous football player and paid about 120 kroner, which the pizza cost.

Don't believe that? Well, the site also has a phone video of Bendtner arguing with the unnamed pizza man. (http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/dkkendte/article1673166.ece)

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Nicklas-Bendtner-demands-free-pizza-begs-girls-?urn=sow-wp7393

Bendtner video: http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/dkkendte/article1673166.ece

Dennis Bendtner :haha:.

What an idiot :doh:.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Dennis Bendtner. :bow:

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Was it you who invented Dennis Bendtner?

I think it was you.

If so, MO :bow: (despite your face).

I'm sure Ach will say he did though.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Nah it wasn't me.

It was Sin.

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Bendtner has been arrested and released on bail

Kaiser
16-12-2011, 12:10 PM
SJOW's new love interest Alban Bunjaku (IIRC, he said he was the most talented youngster since Wheelchair) has left the club after not being given assurances of a pro contract.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Bendtner has been arrested and released on bail

He and Cattermole were allegedly smashing up cars or something. Nice.

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Arsenal forward Wellington Silva could be sold in January after failing to impress on loan at Levante.

The 18-year-old was signed by the Gunners from Brazilian side Fluminense at the start of the year and was immediately sent on loan to the La Liga side.

This season, however, the teenager has made the substitutes' bench on just two occasions in the league and has failed to get on in either game.

Arsene Wenger is reported to get weekly updates on all of the youngsters he has out on loan and he is believed to be unimpressed with Wellington's lack of progress, according to Spanish newspaper Superdeporte.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1381/17/wellington-get-boot-arsenal

Wenger Youth Project :rose:

How much did we get this Pub Teamer for?

McNamara That Ghost...
31-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Frimpong has gone to Wolves on loan.

First game for him? Chelsea at home. :haha:

Master Splinter
31-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Story here: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-poised-to-join-wolves-on-loan

Chelsea to get Frimponged.

GP
31-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Not Deeeeench

#LeaveitYeah

Cripps_orig
31-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Hope it becomes permanent

Cripps_orig
05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4040908/Nicklas-Bendtner-arrested-after-hotel-brawl.html

:doh:

Sirjackofwilshere
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Think it got overlooked with the henry stuff but I thought young Nicco Yennaris played very well. Thats 2 solid performances hes put in..he might not be the most talented but he seems very determined. It'll be interesting to see how he develops..hes only 18 and can play in various positions including midfield.

Coney
10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Think it got overlooked with the henry stuff but I thought young Nicco Yennaris played very well. Thats 2 solid performances hes put in..he might not be the most talented but he seems very determined. It'll be interesting to see how he develops..hes only 18 and can play in various positions including midfield.

Why is that bloke in your avatar pointing like that - has he got something in his eye?

Flavs
10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16486865.stm

L (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16486865.stm)uke Freeman has sigend on a permanent for Stevenage now :wave:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16486865.stm

L (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16486865.stm)uke Freeman has sigend on a permanent for Stevenage now :wave:

Forgot about this guy.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Ah the Free-man!

Flavs
16-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Joel Campbell scored again this weekend for anyone who cares.

server too busy!
16-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Is that 2 he's scored now?

Flavs
16-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Is that 2 he's scored now?

Yep and an assist!!!

Master Splinter
16-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Botelho GHELling it up in Spain.

@YoungGunsBlog

AS say troubled Arsenal loanee Pedro Botelho was arrested last night after crashing into a police car and leaving the scene whilst drunk.

Botelho does not have a Spanish driving license, so faces a whole host of charges. Just the latest in a long line of incidents.

GHELs :bow:.

We need to find a way for them to get on the pitch together for once.

Flavs
16-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Wellington also had his loan deal cancelled!

Our youngsters :bow:

Grebbo
16-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Arsenal FC has basically become the National Lottery for chavvy shit wannabe players.

Dennis Bendtner
18-01-2012, 05:19 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/15/article-2074464-0F2E086B00000578-441_468x328.jpg

One of the kids from Barcelona we signed, in a recent youth match. Played on with it. He is ghelling faster than Cesc.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Fracture cheekbone for Frimpong. Posted this in the injuries thread too, seeing as he is somebody we could've possibly recalled - he's out for three months now though.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Arsenal defender Daniel Boateng is looking forward to working with Paolo Di Canio after joining Swindon Town on loan until the end of the season.

The teenager made his first-team debut for Arsenal against Bolton Wanderers in the Carling Cup in October before being rewarded with a new contract the following month.

Boateng, who can play at right-back or centre-half, has now been allowed out on loan to gain further experience with League Two promotion hopefuls Swindon.

"It's good to have got the deal done and to be here," Boateng told the club's official website.

"I have been at Arsenal since I was 11-years old and have come up through the youth system, but this will be a totally new experience for me.

"I have been following Swindon quite a lot over the past few weeks.

"They play the game the right way. I saw the highlights after the Wigan game and it was great to watch.

"When I got here I spoke to the manager for about 20 minutes and he is so enthusiastic. It's going to be great working with him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7446919/Swindon-bring-in-Boateng

another one goes on loan

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2012, 07:58 PM

@YoungGunsBlog

At least he crashed into a police car instead of ruining some innocent driver's car.

gunsofashburtongrove
22-01-2012, 11:48 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/forgotten-arsenal-loanee-wellington-silva-scores-for-alcoyano-v-almeria-video/136588/

Olivier's xmas twist
25-01-2012, 12:53 PM

@YoungGunsBlog

On-loan Arsenal defender Pedro Botelho has left Rayo Vallecano and agreed to join their La Liga rivals Levante until the end of the season.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

Coney
25-01-2012, 01:01 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

Inter Milan have completed the signing of Juan Jesus and sent him on loan to Novara for the rest of the season.

by @SkySportsPeteF 12:17 PM

Juan Jesus, there's only Juan Jesus. :scarf:

We just have to buy him.

Cripps_orig
26-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Sanchez Watt joins Crawley

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Vela scored in the Camp Nou. :faint:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Vela scored in the Camp Nou. :faint:

DIdn't Bendtner 2 years ago

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2012, 10:56 PM
DIdn't Bendtner 2 years ago

Yes. He didn't last season though, the dick.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Yes. He didn't last season though, the dick.

:lol:

Cripps_orig
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4107350/Nicklas-Bendtner-news-Footie-ace-launches-own-jewellery-range.html

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has hinted he would consider a loan move until the end of the season.
The Pole is second-choice behind fellow countryman Wojciech Szczesny at The Emirates and has started just five games this season - none of which have been in the Premier League.
And with the European Championship being held in his home country this summer, the 26-year-old has revealed he could consider a short-term move from north London as he bids to oust Szczesny from the national team.
"I want to play, and like we all do, I'll fight as hard as I can to get as many chances as possible," he said.
"It's a big few months for me - come on, the Euros don't come round in your home country very often in your career if at all, so it's important that I'm playing and giving myself a chance to be involved.
"I've spoken with the Poland manager and assistants - they know my situation so we'll see what happens.
"Playing regularly would really help me so the next few months are vital."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1529/77/arsenal-goalkeeper-contemplates-loan-move

Hes shit so im glad if he goes but if he goes, we're stuck with Almunia as 2nd choice

Quite a dilemma

LDG
08-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Mr Miagi scored for Bolton in a behind closed doors game....

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1529/77/arsenal-goalkeeper-contemplates-loan-move

Hes shit so im glad if he goes but if he goes, we're stuck with Almunia as 2nd choice

Quite a dilemma

Almunia is on a free come end of the season can't see him staying here tbh

LDG
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM

Praise be.

We must be looking for a new keeper then.

Or:

"Don't forget, we have also Alex Song who can play there"

Coney
08-02-2012, 12:48 PM

If you mean his contract expires at the end of the season, then fine. We don't even need to find someone to buy him.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 12:53 PM
If you mean his contract expires at the end of the season, then fine. We don't even need to find someone to buy him.

Yep all 3 back up keepers contracts expire end of the season

Coney
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Yep all 3 back up keepers contracts expire end of the season

Didn't realise it was all 3. I guess Schenraerasdzdsdaknee is safe then.

Grebbo
08-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Are any youngsters on fire at the moment? Is there another Wilshere on the horizon?

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Arsenal forward Carlos Vela has indicated he would like to make his stay at Primera Liga club Real Sociedad a permanent deal.

Carlos Vela
GettyImagesCarlos Vela has made just 26 league starts for Arsenal

Vela, 22, is currently on loan at Sociedad from Arsenal, and he has impressed since signing at Anoeta, scoring three goals and notching five assists.

The Mexico international has struggled for form and regular first-team football during his time with the Gunners and it seems his future lies away from Emirates Stadium.

"I would stay at Real," Vela told El Diario Vasco. "I am happy and the people support me. I owe Arsenal affection and gratitude for the opportunity that they gave me, but I was not happy there and this affected my work.

"It was hard day to day and, when it came to training, I was thinking about going home. Here, however, I am happy and have made good friends."

Regarding staying at Sociedad, Vela added: "It is too early to talk about these issues, but I do not close the door to Real. But, if you cannot reach an agreement with Arsenal, you cannot do anything.

"As I said, I'm happy here and would like to help the team stay up. Then we'll see what happens in the summer. Right now, we cannot do anything even if we wanted to."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1019170/arsenal%27s-carlos-vela-open-to-sociedad-stay?cc=5739

Project youth. :bow:

Master Splinter
08-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Mr Miagi scored for Bolton in a behind closed doors game....

Project Youth :bow:.

Syn
21-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Reserves win 5-0 at Norwich. Jenkinson played. Park scored, Arshavin scored 2. And Marion got injured. I can only assume it was a precautionary measure due to his bruised vagina.

Grebbo
22-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Henri Lansbury played in goal for Spam against Blackpool :haha:

Kept a clean sheet too for the 36mins he was between the sticks.

Second best keeper we have imo.

Syn
28-02-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxiLrG9OsY&feature=related

Rapid. ##

Marc Overmars
28-02-2012, 07:10 PM
That's it Ryo, punt it and run. What a GHEL.

Master Splinter
28-02-2012, 07:46 PM
If he can settle in at a dump like Bolton so quickly, he definitely has the right GHEL credentials.

He looks technically superb as well. Shame he had injuries earlier in the season, but even this half-season loan should be useful.

George Clooney's nurturing skills :bow:.