PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Fabregas?

server too busy!
15-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Now that hes finally gone, and he's obviously left a creative hole in our CM, will we buy someone or use someone from the squad? I personally don't think Jack is ready, nor do I think Arshavin is up to it...his close control and passing have never been outstanding from what I've seen. I think we need to buy from outside, Sneider would be ideal but too expensive. Mata would be another, maybe Ganso?

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:04 PM
/thread

GP
15-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Jadson, probably.

Never heard of Ganso.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Jadson, probably.

Never heard of Ganso.

Jadson is a must get, but there are so many other top clubs chasing him I doubt we'll get him, especially for a tenner.

Xhaka Can’t
15-08-2011, 04:06 PM
We could always activate the transfer clause in Fabregas' contract with Barca.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:07 PM
We could always activate the transfer clause in Fabregas' contract with Barca.

He's got Arsenal DNA.

Joker
15-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Some unknown young player from the French league who's played a grand total of 5 first team matches for his club.

But hey, Wenger knows after all. Can't question the great man.

Boss
15-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Given that we have roughly 50M, we should be in for players like Sneijder or Mata... Jadson looks the most likely though.

Ganso is a project for the future, we don't have time for any of that shit (although apparently Wenger does as all our signings this season have been project players <_< )

server too busy!
15-08-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJXpNDdNbg&feature=related
Ganso

Noone had ever heard of Jadson before we were linked, I can't really imagine him being the answer to what we need.

Grebbo
15-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Ramsey is Cesc's replacement.

Stop torturing yourselves thinking we're going to sign a replacement.

Joker
15-08-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJXpNDdNbg&feature=related
Ganso

Noone had ever heard of Jadson before we were linked, I can't really imagine him being the answer to what we need.

I agree, I don't think Jadson is the answer, which means he's probably the one Wenger's after.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Parker so he can take care of Jack while the lad does the business. And spend the rest on defenders and strikers and start playing British footie rather than poorman's Spanishball. We only need a master craftsman in the middle if we intend to continue with the current style of play, which obviously we shouldn't because it doesn't win us anything and we are increasingly shit at it.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Some unknown young player from the French league who's played a grand total of 5 first team matches for his club.

But hey, Wenger knows after all. Can't question the great man.

Come on Arron and Jack and song get that Arsenal shirt ready to put on his head, come on RVP lead the Chants of Cesc Shold come to Arsenal, lets see What borris Johnson is doing as well maybe we can rope him in. get teeweting lads get tweeting.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Sung to chubby brown's Alice:

'he comes from brazil,
And he plays in the Ukraine.
Some people on the net,
Saw him getting on a plane.
To replace cesc, we'll pay £12 million, for Jadson....

JADSON? Who the fuck is Jadson?!?!'

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2011, 05:42 PM
At least someone here is thinking sensibly.......after all who needs to spend on a quality proven player when you have already bought two league 1 players, an unknown from the Caribbean and some Japanese guy who scored two goals for feyenoord.

Ramsey is Cesc's replacement.

Stop torturing yourselves thinking we're going to sign a replacement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Also we are not signing Jadson

Kano
15-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Jadson by the sounds of it. various people have commented on his directness and willingness to shoot (which at 27 I doubt could be coached out of him) and he should be ready physically coming from the ukraine.

so maybe not a direct replacement for cesc and perhaps a change in how the team plays. wenger might be missing a trick by not sticking arshavin in there and going for an established wide player. though i would worry about arshavins work rate in the middle when it comes to getting back to help out.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2011, 05:46 PM
We are NOT signing Jadson, the Wenger has come out today and said we are not signing him!

Kaiser
15-08-2011, 05:49 PM
We've been linked to Jadson earlier this year too, I think. Wenger has dismissed it because he doesn't want sides to play hardball with him over transfers. Everyone knows we have money and that we need players so they can charge a premium. He did the same with Arshavin, dismissing reported interest, but eventually signed him. Jadson has good pedigree, he's won five titles in the Ukraine and a UEFA Cup and Shahktar are a very strong side. He is small though, but I'm assuming he has some fight in him.

We've also been linked to Lucho Gonzalez, who wants to leave Marseille, as his house was burgled. London might not be the safest place right now, but still, he's a class player.

Kano
15-08-2011, 05:49 PM
We are NOT signing Jadson, the Wenger has come out today and said we are not signing him!

said by anyone else then i'd believe them. when it comes to transfer insight, wenger will never be the go to guy

Darth Vela
15-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Intertesting, Kaiser.

Gonzalez has always looked good whenever I've seen him and has been consistently quality on PES for quite a few years, which makes him fantastic in every way possible.

Power n Glory
At least someone here is thinking sensibly.......after all who needs to spend on a quality proven player when you have already bought two league 1 players, an unknown from the Caribbean and some Japanese guy who scored two goals for feyenoord.

Yep and Oxo Cube is Rambo's replacement. Gervinho is Nasri's replacement, Campbell is Bendy's replacement and Jenkinson is Eboue's replacement.

Don't be surprised if this is it for the summer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
have you ever known Wenger to say he won't be signing someone and then sign them?.....if he was planning on signing him he'd say "well he's one of the players we look at or....I cannot give you names..." or something equally non-committal

Kano
15-08-2011, 05:54 PM
have you ever known Wenger to say he won't be signing someone and then sign them?.....if he was planning on signing him he'd say "well he's one of the players we look at or....I cannot give you names..." or something equally non-committal

fair point. myiachi it is

Xhaka Can’t
15-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Sung to chubby brown's Alice:

'he comes from brazil,
And he plays in the Ukraine.
Some people on the net,
Saw him getting on a plane.
To replace cesc, we'll pay £12 million, for Jadson....

JADSON? Who the fuck is Jadson?!?!'

It was never Chubby Brown's 'Alice'.

That is just fucked up to even say that.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2011, 06:31 PM
No one can replace him, he's one of the top passers in the world.

What we can do though is strengthen with more than 1 player so the team can become the sum of it's parts rather than plodding along with missing links.

Kaiser
15-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Exactly. When Ronaldo left United, Valencia came in, but the focus shifted to an emphasis on the team than propping up the game of one individual. Though both strategies won them trophies, as they're much better than us.

fakeyank
15-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Exactly. When Ronaldo left United, Valencia came in, but the focus shifted to an emphasis on the team than propping up the game of one individual. Though both strategies won them trophies, as they're much better than us.

They have SAF (Rolls Royce) and we have AW (Maruti 800). Says it all really!

selassie
15-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I think Arsene would like to replace Cesc internally, Wilshire or Ramsey being the prime candidates. Both of them aren't ready yet and if we go into this season with Wilshire, Ramsey & Song as our first choice Midfield we're going to be in a lot of trouble if we harbour ambitions of pushing for major honours.

Potential wise, Wilshire & Ramsey could both develop into World Class players but giving them too much responsibility too soon could result in them going the way of Denilson & Diaby, sorry guys but I really do think this could happen.

If Arsene is looking to replace Cesc from outside of the club then I think he may well go for Marvin Martin of Sochaux, Martin has just broken into the French National team/Squad, is young, technically excellent & would probably be affordable to us, I suspect he's in the 10-15million price range.

We've been loosely linked with him over the past few days and I think these links are the most believable.

Just my opinion.

milla
15-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Given that we have roughly 50M, we should be in for players like Sneijder or Mata... Jadson looks the most likely though.

Ganso is a project for the future, we don't have time for any of that shit (although apparently Wenger does as all our signings this season have been project players <_< )

Nasri :good:

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Nasri :good:

Isn't he the cunt from Twitter?

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2011, 10:51 PM
It was never Chubby Brown's 'Alice'.

That is just fucked up to even say that.

Well no, thats true.

But tbf, he added the swearing line at the end.

Xhaka Can’t
15-08-2011, 11:05 PM
We were singing, "Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?" long before that twat.

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Roy Chubby Brown didn't invent swearing?

:faint:

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2011, 11:12 PM
We were singing, "Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?" long before that twat.

Oh ok.

Look forget all that shit, your ruining my song man!

AKBapologist
15-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Watching city today made me realise just how much emphasis we put on midfield to win games.

Fuck replacing Cesc like for like and find a striker that can conjoure goals from thin air. Ramsey is already better defensively and in a few years we'll be playing predominantly down the wings anyway.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Bring Denilson backFailing that, I'd go for Jadson. Always impressed me few times I've seen him. Would rather a well known big name but Wenger won't go for them and they wouldn't come here even if Wenger did

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Impressing Ach = would be a shocker in the EPL.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Impressing Ach = would be a shocker in the EPL. Ok then....:unsure:

fakeyank
16-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Whose replacing Cesc? Marvin of course..

Elreactor
16-08-2011, 02:26 AM
I don´t know who´ll replace Fabregas, maybe the one Fabregas replaced the few times he fancied playing for Arsenal last season.

I do know who´ll replace Nasri if he leaves: Tomas Rosicky. People are very excited at the prospect of watching him in an Arsenal shirt, having joined after a long transfer saga that started in the ´06 WC.

Syn
16-08-2011, 07:43 AM
In other news, elreactor's English is great now...it's probably gw's greatest achievement.

Maybe I should join a French forum to learn some French.

Özim
16-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Saw Fabregas interview, I thought it was an honest assessment of the situation. People have got very bitter against him, but I'm not, the guiy even played with a broken leg for us.

He did his best in a team not really good enough to win and spend 8 years with us and clearly does have a real affinity for us. Having seen the interview, I'm quite sad he left but as I've said before there's only a certain amount of time players can stand seeing the same thing repeat itself.

Blame the manager not the player, loads of fans are angry and losing interest...it's not really surprising the players are too, I can see how at some point you start to realise you're never going to win anything if you stay.

If you want to be bitter, blame the guy who makes it all happen and won't change anything, the manager.

Kano
16-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Saw Fabregas interview, I thought it was an honest assessment of the situation. People have got very bitter against him, but I'm not, the guiy even played with a broken leg for us.

He did his best in a team not really good enough to win and spend 8 years with us and clearly does have a real affinity for us. Having seen the interview, I'm quite sad he left but as I've said before there's only a certain amount of time players can stand seeing the same thing repeat itself.

Blame the manager not the player, loads of fans are angry and losing interest...it's not really surprising the players are too, I can see how at some point you start to realise you're never going to win anything if you stay.

If you want to be bitter, blame the guy who makes it all happen and won't change anything, the manager.

fabregas has to take some blame for failure too.

the interview felt honest and open and i have no real reason to doubt what he has said, he has always been very quick to defend his corner over the past seasons and deserves a lot of credit for that, yet it's very quickly forgotten by the fans. NO other footballer i know off has done it has much as he did.

not bitter at him leaving as it was due to happen but he (particularly as captain) and the management at the club have to take on the responsibility of failing to win a trophy.

Özim
16-08-2011, 08:09 AM
fabregas has to take some blame for failure too.

the interview felt honest and open and i have no real reason to doubt what he has said, he has always been very quick to defend his corner over the past seasons and deserves a lot of credit for that, yet it's very quickly forgotten by the fans. NO other footballer i know off has done it has much as he did.

not bitter at him leaving as it was due to happen but he (particularly as captain) and the management at the club have to take on the responsibility of failing to win a trophy.
I agree to an extent, but look at his contribution, when he's played we've looked a far better side on the whole....his assist record is phenomenal.

A team is a sum of it's part, problem is many of the parts aren't up to scratch.....with a few better players we'd have won trophies IMO, it's just that Wenger has refused to invest instead opting for the cheap unknown option everytime.

I really respect the guy and he looked upset at leaving, but at the same time I think after what we've seen in the last 6 years and our constant end of season collapses you can see why he wouldn't believe anymore, last season must have been the final straw I guess another calamitous collapse and unfortunately no sign of any real changes.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-08-2011, 08:21 AM
I agree to an extent, but look at his contribution, when he's played we've looked a far better side on the whole....his assist record is phenomenal.

A team is a sum of it's part, problem is many of the parts aren't up to scratch.....with a few better players we'd have won trophies IMO, it's just that Wenger has refused to invest instead opting for the cheap unknown option everytime.

I really respect the guy and he looked upset at leaving, but at the same time I think after what we've seen in the last 6 years and our constant end of season collapses you can see why he wouldn't believe anymore, last season must have been the final straw I guess another calamitous collapse and unfortunately no sign of any real changes.

:upset:don't Zimm I havent felt like this since my pet parrot passed on

seriously tho I take your point of surrounding Cesc with sub standard players and that with the collapses being a motivator for Cesc to look to newer pastures but I have seen Cesc contribute just as much to those collapses and he could have been more of a leader at times......the kind of leader that wearing the armband demands and that we havent had since Paddy V

Wengers job was to install confidnece back in Cesc which he couldnt do and failed to do with his dealings in the market......that is not Cescs fault

so I wish him luck, thank him for his service but for me something still sticks in the back of my throat.......I hear Nas claiming to still be an Atsenal player and that the fans should not be singing about him......well Cesc could have said the same thing at least once and told his gang of muppets back in Barca to STFU and wait......we all know what was going to happen anyhow, that may have made me respect him in the same way you do......

but saying all that I think it is always the fan that feels the most bitter and because that is what I am 'only a fan' the one that has to take it all because there is no way I am not going to support my team, because I like you all are not going to jump ship because we don't have that option am allowed to feel bitter but that will soon disappear as I cheer at our ifrst goal of the season and scream for the blood of the ref who has just awarded a penalty against us.........

I think you call it moving on.......and I think that is what I am going to do as Cesc has obviously chosen to do too!

Özim
16-08-2011, 08:26 AM
:upset:don't Zimm I havent felt like this since my pet parrot passed on

seriously tho I take your point of surrounding Cesc with sub standard players and that with the collapses being a motivator for Cesc to look to newer pastures but I have seen Cesc contribute just as much to those collapses and he could have been more of a leader at times......the kind of leader that wearing the armband demands and that we havent had since Paddy V

Wengers job was to install confidnece back in Cesc which he couldnt do and failed to do with his dealings in the market......that is not Cescs fault

so I wish him luck, thank him for his service but for me something still sticks in the back of my throat.......I hear Nas claiming to still be an Atsenal player and that the fans should not be singing about him......well Cesc could have said the same thing at least once and told his gang of muppets back in Barca to STFU and wait......we all know what was going to happen anyhow, that may have made me respect him in the same way you do......

but saying all that I think it is always the fan that feels the most bitter and because that is what I am 'only a fan' the one that has to take it all because there is no way I am not going to support my team, because I like you all are not going to jump ship because we don't have that option am allowed to feel bitter but that will soon disappear as I cheer at our ifrst goal of the season and scream for the blood of the ref who has just awarded a penalty against us.........

I think you call it moving on.......and I think that is what I am going to do as Cesc has obviously chosen to do too!
I think being a fan and a player are two very different things, you're right as a fan you don't have a choice (though I have lost a lot of interest in the football side after year on year of the same stuff with no changes), but players do.

If Barca one of the biggest clubs in the world, who strive for success and win countless trophies are after you (and happen to be your home club), I think it's hard to resist, especially when everything about the club feels negative at the moment.

I can see how players are disheartened and why they would want out to avoid that deja vue feeling and the disappointment every season, Wenger doesn't see it unfortunately, he thinks he can keep players happy by getting 4th.

If he's insulted the fans and club that would be different for me, but in now way has he done that and having seen his interview it seemed very profound and he seemed genuinely sad.

I'd be really disappointed if he came back and people booed him or didn't acknowledge him, because it's clear he loves the club IMO.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I think being a fan and a player are two very different things, you're right as a fan you don't have a choice (though I have lost a lot of interest in the football side after year on year of the same stuff with no changes), but players do.

If Barca one of the biggest clubs in the world, who strive for success and win countless trophies are after you (and happen to be your home club), I think it's hard to resist, especially when everything about the club feels negative at the moment.

I can see how players are disheartened and why they would want out to avoid that deja vue feeling and the disappointment every season, Wenger doesn't see it unfortunately, he thinks he can keep players happy by getting 4th.

If he's insulted the fans and club that would be different for me, but in now way has he done that and having seen his interview it seemed very profound and he seemed genuinely sad.

I'd be really disappointed if he came back and people booed him or didn't acknowledge him, because it's clear he loves the club IMO.

I agree with you and I would never boo a former player except if they were to do what Adebayor did, then youre asking to be lynched

Cesc would never di that, i n fact I can see him not celebrating at all even though he has the right too, Nas on the other hand, well we will just have to wait and see

Flavs
16-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I am gonna say it now. Wenger wont replace Fabregas because that is what he see's Jack Windshere as, a ready made replacement.

Our midfield for the liverpool game is most likely to be....Frimpong, Ramsey and Lansbury

:cry:

Syn
16-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I am gonna say it now. Wenger wont replace Fabregas because that is what he see's Jack Windshere as, a ready made replacement.

Our midfield for the liverpool game is most likely to be....Frimpong, Ramsey and Lansbury

:cry:

3 ghels?

Will be the least pussiest midfield we'd have had in ages.

Fancy our chances of winning with that midfield.

isv
16-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I think Arshavin will replace fab and move into the middle, why purchase more wingers if this wasnt plan C.. that or I have heard reports AOC can play in the middle of the park.. But Wenger has until the 31st to save our season...

LDG
16-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I think Arshavin will replace fab and move into the middle, why purchase more wingers if this wasnt plan C.. that or I have heard reports AOC can play in the middle of the park.. But Wenger has until the 31st to save our season...

Well no. He has until next Wednesday. Why? Because if we're out of the champs league, we have no hope of attracting players to the club.

Grebbo
16-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Here's your answer from Cesc himself:

"There is not even a question [over whether or not Arsenal's midfield is in good hands]. I have seen them play for years, both Aaron and Jack. Jack will be the England captain in the next two or three years, there is no doubt. You don't have to be a magician to see that. He has the passing game and he will be an even better player in the future. There is not even a question in my mind about that. As for Aaron, his engine is unbelievable, his final ball will get better and he will be the next big star at Arsenal. They are winners and they will be amazing for the club for sure."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/15/barcelona-cesc-fabregas-arsenal-tears

No mention of Nasri of course. I think Wenger is the only person in the world who thinks he wont leave.