We won

yay

Shocking from us in the 2nd half

Grebbo
16-08-2011, 08:37 PM
We were scary bad.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Like I said in the match reaction thread. You can't fault them for the heart, everyone bar chamakh played beyond there abilities today, really impressed.

If this is what a team of Arsenal supporters and not mercenaries looks like then I'd gladly suffer more nervy nights.

Well played!

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 08:38 PM
@ladyarse: Not at your best and still winning? It's what pundits have been drooling over United for for years.

Too right.

PGFC
16-08-2011, 08:38 PM
This is going to be a long, fucking joyless, season :(

GP
16-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Like I said in the match reaction thread. You can't fault them for the heart, everyone bar chamakh played beyond there abilities today, really impressed.

If this is what a team of Arsenal supporters and not mercenaries looks like then I'd gladly suffer more nervy nights.

Well played!

:gp:

Good win. Glad to have Gervinho here, really exciting player. Really impressed with Jenkinson.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Well played!

I have read every single post in the match reaction thread and not once do i see you say that other than in that post itself

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 08:40 PM
We won.

Three cheers to us.

Hip hip hor....ah fuck it.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 08:40 PM

So the same as usual then?

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I have read every single post in the match reaction thread and not once do i see you say that other than in that post itself
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=553&p=29122&viewfull=1#post29122

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
chamakh is the worst striker ever at the club. at least jeffers could shoot.

frimpong is raw but is a beast.

song doesnt cover back enough after we attack, leaves the defense and centre midfield exposed.

play theo up front.

milla

Well played!

Chamakh was poor. If Wenger doesnt plan to buy another CF, he shouldn't sell Bendtner.

Rosicky couldnt last 70 minutes, very industrial in midfield though.

Ramsey is still on and off.

Gervinho below par.

Vermaelan motm.

Jenkinson has a good game.

:coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
Bloody Rubbish, At least we'll have a better team for the 2nd leg, early goal is a must.
Oh and Chamakh should never play for us again,

GunnerFan4Life
:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
Hopefully Wilshere and RVP can play in the second leg. Nice to have our first win of the season though.

The Verminator
EDIT: Ignore

cheesy bites
16-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Impressed by Gervinho.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 08:43 PM

:crying:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Hopefully Wilshere and RVP can play in the second leg. Nice to have our first win of the season though.

Nice to get aour first win post Fabregas too.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 08:44 PM
chamakh is the worst striker ever at the club. at least jeffers could shoot.

Forgot about Bendtner?

AKBapologist
Chamakh was poor. If Wenger doesnt plan to buy another CF, he shouldn't sell Bendtner.

Rosicky couldnt last 70 minutes, very industrial in midfield though.

Ramsey is still on and off.

Gervinho below par.

Vermaelan motm.

Jenkinson has a good game.

Ramsey's about a year away from we're we need him to be, Chamakh was very very very poor and almost cost us the game and Rosicky should never have started, clearly still carrying the groin strain, we're so lacking in squad depth it's insane. But whatever, the 11 or so on the piece didn't drop in intensity for the period they where on the pitch, the rest is really down to wenger to fix this fucking squad.

Syn
2 clean sheets out of 2. :scarf:

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Nice to get aour first win post Fabregas too.

Nah, I'm sure he flew.

GunnerFan4Life
Ramsey looks impressed with his assist :coffee:

Cripps_orig
Theo looked good again.

Cant say much about the rest including the subs.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Forgot about Bendtner?

If you honestly believe that - and you don't, then you should stick to netball.

Master Splinter
16-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Awful match.

The injuries completely wrecked any rhythm. And Chamakh was just beyond terrible.

Frimpong was impressive when he came on. Quite excited if he starts against Liverpool.

Theo and Gervinho were isolated but did well.

Injuries :doh:.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Awful match. Maybe the next one will be better.

Don't really see what RvP and Jack can do to improve this squad. Our genuine quality is too thin now.

Wenger should be investigated over the Chamakh deal. Obviously he wasn't brought here for footballing reasons.

Joker
Shocking performance in the second half. Chamakh was absolutely useless as usual, and if he's our second striker for the rest of the season we're screwed. Koscielny's still capable of brain fart moments as he showed by conceding a freekick at the end. Rosicky worked hard but lacks creativity. Sagna offers next to nothing going forward. Song blows hot and cold. Gibbs and Djourou got injured again, showing we definitely need some defenders, although Wenger doesn't seem interested in strengthening the defence.

All in all, a very lucky win against a modest opposition, nothing to write home about no matter how much ******* spins it.

AKBapologist
It's funny, want to take this moment and contrast it with the last time you bitched about playing well and not getting the result, or seeing talking about a bunch of mercenaries or lazy cunts regardless of the talent or experience we had.

The player's on the pitch gave everything today and for that they deserve my respect for the performance.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Kos will cost us a lot of points this season.

Joker
16-08-2011, 08:48 PM
If you honestly believe that - and you don't, then you should stick to netball.

No one can seriously believe Chamakh is better than Bendtner. I'm not saying that I rate Bendtner, because I think he's shit as well, but Chamakh is beyond terrible.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Forgot about Bendtner?

bendtner can head and score. hold up the ball. and not lose the ball.

chamakh cant do any of that.

Xhaka Can’t
The player's on the pitch gave everything today and for that they deserve my respect for the performance.

And they produced that.

At home.

Against Udinese.

That has to be the most depressing post of the summer.

Cripps_orig
No one can seriously believe Chamakh is better than Bendtner. I'm not saying that I rate Bendtner, because I think he's shit as well, but Chamakh is beyond terrible.

Last season says different tbh

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Chamakh cant head? :lol:

Oh dear

Olivier's xmas twist
Kos will cost us a lot of points this season.

Thats why he on't be playing on the plus side our Keeper looks good.

Chesney> De gea tbh

Joker
This game just shows how weak our squad is in terms of quality. Look at the team we had at the end, with Frimpong, Jenkinson and Chamakh all starting when two of those should be bedded in slowly, while Chamakh is league one standard. However, we must be wrong, because ******* thinks our squad is too large :doh:

cheesy bites

I thought Chamakh did alright winning and holding the ball up tonight.

Syn
16-08-2011, 08:52 PM
It's funny, want to take this moment and contrast it with the last time you bitched about playing well and not getting the result, or seeing talking about a bunch of mercenaries or lazy cunts regardless of the talent or experience we had.

Think you're reading too much into it. Some players (well, actually, I can only think of Ramsey) showed they have a good engine and you could clearly see them working hard. Gervinho seems to be a trier too.

Fully agree with you that we should be proud regardless of talent and purely on effort but I don't think the effort was that special today. The midfield weren't working enough to cover the large gaps and they could easily have ran in 2/3 goals if they had some half-decent players. Thought it was a slow-paced, rubbish game but I don't think we're in much danger of going out so happy enough taking the 1-0.

Power n Glory
Chambolic performance from that piece of shit. Weak, poor first touch, lazy runs...a shocking. Chambles should never play for is again.

Theo was our best attacker. Good goal, hit stuck in and made a few good passes and crosses. He'll get sharper.

Ramsey needs to sharpen his game but our midfield was poor. Song has no discipline. Just roams all over the place and leaves us exposed. Rosicky wasn't fit.

Vermaelen was very good. Solid performance.

Not really impressed by Gervinho. He can't pass or shoot. His work can be sloppy and scruffy. Pepole describing his play at Lille said he's like this so I don't expect a huge improvment.

Cheseny played well, the rest not worth mentioning.

Cripps_orig
I thought Chamakh did alright winning and holding the ball up tonight.

Stop speaking sense.

If Chamakh doesnt score 47 goals a game, hes shit

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Think you're reading too much into it. Some players (well, actually, I can only think of Ramsey) showed they have a good engine and you could clearly see them working hard. Gervinho seems to be a trier too.

Fully agree with you that we should be proud regardless of talent and purely on effort but I don't think the effort was that special today. The midfield weren't working enough to cover the large gaps and they could easily have ran in 2/3 goals if they had some half-decent players. Thought it was a slow-paced, rubbish game but I don't think we're in much danger of going out so happy enough taking the 1-0.
A slow paced game eh?

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
Stop speaking sense.

Move along please, there's nothing to see here.

Move along please.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Chamakh cant head? :lol:

Oh dear

not at arsenal. we dont cross.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 08:55 PM
This game just shows how weak our squad is in terms of quality. Look at the team we had at the end, with Frimpong, Jenkinson and Chamakh all starting when two of those should be bedded in slowly, while Chamakh is league one standard. However, we must be wrong, because ******* thinks our squad is too large :doh:

Frimpong looked good though, and you have to admit we were missing lots of key players tonight well 3 or more.

I think the liverpool game we will see a diffrent team which looks better tbh.

Syn
16-08-2011, 08:55 PM
A slow paced game eh?

:haha:

I think you're confusing both teams giving the ball away every 2 seconds with it being end to end.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 08:56 PM
We looked so average it was scary. The way Udinese worked us about the pitch, we were chasing shadows for that 2nd half. So nervy, devoid of any ideas, no one willing to push the team forward. It's like a light has been switched off in this team, very concerning.

I suppose some credit should be given for the defence, they did well and have now given us a fighting chance thanks to the clean sheet.

This tie is far from over, I fully expect us to struggle out there but at least RVP and Wilshere will be back.

Come on Arsenal.

Joker
Giving everything is the minimum requirement for a football team. The fact that we're forced to praise the team just for giving 100% shows how accustomed we're used to seeing lazy bastards ambling through matches for us, that when we actually do what we're supposed to, it's a welcome surprise.

fakeyank
Stop speaking sense.

I like Chakma from the first half of last season and had he not got 'tired' or side tracked coz of RVP, he couldve been a good player BUT seriously you cant say that he had a good game today.. he was freaking shocking! He looked at best a pedestrian! He shouldnt be in a team 'hoping' to challenge for 4th place.

Power n Glory
Stop speaking sense.

His first touch and hold up play was awful. See sense. If you can see how wasteful Gervinho is than you must see how useless Chamakh is. Even Jamie Redknapp can see he was off. You've got more sense than Jamie, right?

Cripps_orig
not at arsenal. we dont cross.

Exactly.

We dont play to Chamakhs strength. He was awesome at Bordeaux in a front 2 yet we play him as a lone man?

Another shocker from Wenger. Anyway there were plenty of bad performances out there tonight. I sure as hell wont single out Chamakh.

Xhaka Can’t
Frimpong looked good though, and you have to admit we were missing lots of key players tonight well 3 or more.

I think the liverpool game we will see a diffrent team which looks better tbh.

Yeah I too rate Liverpool more than Udinese.

Joker
16-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Stop speaking sense.

Being able to trap the ball and lay it off accurately would be a good start.

Cripps_orig
His first touch and hold up play was awful. See sense. If you can see how wasteful Gervinho is than you must see how useless Chamakh is. Even Jamie Redknapp can see he was off. You've got more sense than Jamie, right?

Jamie is pretty awesome as a pundit tbh. Bar his obsession with the word literally, he speaks sense.

And ive said Chamakh was bad today along with 12 others. Theo is the only one who can hold his head high

Olivier's xmas twist
Giving everything is the minimum requirement for a football team. The fact that we're forced to praise the team just for giving 100% shows how accustomed we're used to seeing lazy bastards ambling through matches for us, that when we actually do what we're supposed to, it's a welcome surprise.

Did you really expect a better perfomace with the team put out. If nasri and rvp and wilshre all played it owuld have been a diifrent result and you know it.

Joker
16-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Exactly.

We dont play to Chamakhs strength. He was awesome at Bordeaux in a front 2 yet we play him as a lone man?

Another shocker from Wenger. Anyway there were plenty of bad performances out there tonight. I sure as hell wont single out Chamakh.

I've hardly seen Chamakh challenge properly for aerial balls, especially when the goalkeeper kicks it long. Our crossing is pathetic, yes, but Chamakh doesn't even bother to contest those crosses which you'd expect a forward to do.

He's not the only player who was shit so doesn't deserve to be singled out, but he was particularly bad.

Özim
16-08-2011, 08:58 PM
What an awful performance by what looked like a very average team, nothing to be proud of here....it's rather embarrassing that we have fallen to this level to be honest.

Udinese were the better side, just lucky for us they sold their best players in the summer too.

After that if we don't spend some money there's some wrong, also no surprise Gibbs doesn't complete a game again, the guy can't play one match without getting injured and yet Wenger expects him to be our regular full back....what a deluded c*ck.

We just seem to be getting worse and worse....

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Exactly.

Playing to his strengths would mean everyone lying the the centre circle having a wank. Who wants to see that?

AKBapologist
I think you're confusing both teams giving the ball away every 2 seconds with it being end to end.
As opposed to what?

When in possession, both teams where direct, both teams made a ton of chances. They were far better than us technically but they where always going to be with us having no midfielder and a crappy CF, but this wasn't a slow built up type of game.

The game was stretched, both sides tried to win it, regardless of possession and I kinda enjoyed it.

Cripps_orig
I like Chakma from the first half of last season and had he not got 'tired' or side tracked coz of RVP, he couldve been a good player BUT seriously you cant say that he had a good game today.. he was freaking shocking! He looked at best a pedestrian! He shouldnt be in a team 'hoping' to challenge for 4th place.

He didnt but when you consider the alternative ie Bendtner, we should thank our lucky stars we have Chamakh instead of the worst striker in our history

Joker
Did you really expect a better perfomace with the team put out. If nasri and rvp and wilshre all played it owuld have been a diifrent result and you know it.

Fair enough, but I'd expected fewer unforced errors and for the midfield to be less porous. How often did Udinese break through our midfield effortlessly, and had time on the ball to pick a pass? Moreover, we lost the ball so often, that even without RVP, Nasri and Wilshere you'd expect these players to get the basics right.

Master Splinter
I think today was also evidence that our midfield has been the biggest contributor to our defensive frailty, not the quality of our centre-backs.

Song, Fabregas, Diaby, Denilson, Ramsey and others have all over the years either been lazy or inept at providing protection when a team effort is needed.

Kano
16-08-2011, 09:00 PM
well played chesney, theo and verm; caused our own grief by sitting far too deep in the second half.

this is what we were turning out around the time we signed arshavin, 0-0's or 1-0’s with very little creativity. ramsey is a good squad player but not ready to drive forward the team.

I hope we either drop arshavin ahead of jack and song and buy a wide player, or we buy an AM. having jack and rvp back will make a big difference come the weekend.

Olivier's xmas twist

Chamack looked shot to pieces tbh, he needs a goal and get some confiedence back quickly.

Cripps_orig
Playing to his strengths would mean everyone lying the the centre circle having a wank. Who wants to see that?

Wenger probably

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm surprised and happy we won with the (lack of) squad we had. See Zimm, Joker and a few others for the glass half empty approach.

Olivier's xmas twist
Fair enough, but I'd expected fewer unforced errors and for the midfield to be less porous. How often did Udinese break through our midfield effortlessly, and had time on the ball to pick a pass? Moreover, we lost the ball so often, that even without RVP, Nasri and Wilshere you'd expect these players to get the basics right.

Oh i agree we should have beat them well with that tea, should have plaed Arshavin instead of rosicky tbh

Xhaka Can’t
As opposed to what?

When in possession, both teams where direct, both teams made a ton of chances. They were far better than us technically but they where always going to be with us having no midfielder and a crappy CF, but this wasn't a slow built up type of game.

The game was stretched, both sides tried to win it, regardless of possession and I kinda enjoyed it.

Sorry mate, this is the Arsenal v Udinese match reaction thread.

WTF were you watching?

Globalgunner
Calling Chamakh a striker must surely be a breach of the trades descriptions act. The guy can do nothing except sometimes pass the ball 2m to either side. All in all Wenger must be praised for delivering the most talentless bunch of players we have seen in the shirt in 15 years, Only Vermaelen, Sagna and Scezney are worth any praise following this display. Djourou comes on almost makes a muck of his first tackle and gets subbed off 5 mins later, rosicky just makes me sick and Song creates 90% of his problems by himself, See him charge into the opposition box and then become completely clueless as to what to do next. If no one of note comes in within the next 2 weeks then we are really up against it.

Joker
What an awful performance by what looked like a very average team, nothing to be proud of here....it's rather embarrassing that we have fallen to this level to be honest.

Udinese were the better side, just lucky for us they sold their best players in the summer too.

After that if we don't spend some money there's some wrong, also no surprise Gibbs doesn't complete a game again, the guy can't play one match without getting injured and yet Wenger expects him to be our regular full back....what a deluded c*ck.

It's okay, we have Traore as back up who'll be like a new signing, and van Persie can play there as well you know, being left footed and all :*******:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I think today was also evidence that our midfield has been the biggest contributor to our defensive frailty, not the quality of our centre-backs.

Song, Fabregas, Diaby, Denilson, Ramsey and others have all over the years either been lazy or inept at providing protection when a team effort is needed.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Watching the highlights now.

Didnt realise Udinese hit the bar and one of their players just ran past all of our players and fortunately shot straight at Chesney

Joker
I'm surprised and happy we won with the (lack of) squad we had. See Zimm, Joker and a few others for the glass half empty approach.

I'm happy (and relieved) we've won, and understand we were never going to see a Rolls Royce performance with so many players missing, but even with those injuries, the team we had out was experienced, and the number of basic mistakes was shocking. Moreover, our midfield seemed clueless when it came to providing defensive cover, while at the same time lacking any creativity to link with the forwards in the final third.

We're going to have times in the season when these players will need to step up to the plate due to injuries, and tonight's evidence suggests they are not good enough.

Olivier's xmas twist

Not sure how you came to that conclusion we played 2 games this season. Anyway did you think we would batter them with the team put out and players missing.

If thiswas UTD who did this you be having an organasm ovr them.

chill out, yeah it was not the best perfomance, but not the worst.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 09:05 PM
He didnt but when you consider the alternative ie Bendtner, we should thank our lucky stars we have Chamakh instead of the worst striker in our history

Here we go again.

I suppose you managed a couple of months.

For that reason, we should thank our lucky stars.

AKBapologist
Sorry mate, this is the Arsenal v Udinese match reaction thread.

WTF were you watching?Was about to ask Syn the same question.

Feel free to give your interpretation of events.

Niall_Quinn

You've just adjusted to supporting a second rate and boring pile of shite quicker than many of the rest of us, alarmingly quickly in fact. We just got use to the amazing football we use to watch and this new jarring horror story is a little hard to adjust to. Don't worry, we'll all get there in the end.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:09 PM
You've just adjusted to supporting a second rate and boring pile of shite quicker than many of the rest of us, alarmingly quickly in fact. We just got use to the amazing football we use to watch and this new jarring horror story is a little hard to adjust to. Don't worry, we'll all get there in the end.
Apparently we haven't played amazing football since Wenger arrived. Apparently, great defending and clean sheets is proper footy. Apparently, we've had a shit squad for 3 years.

Seriously though, I'm honestly not sure why people were shocked how poor we were. The last preseason game give us a good preview of how "not ready" this youth side is, so I'm totally thrilled by the result and the effort.

Joker
16-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't have any sense of entitlement that we should be winning trophies season after season, and that we should be playing champagne football week in week out. I know this is impossible for any football team, and I understand football is more than just about trophies, and we're lucky to have seen so much silverware in the last 15 years.

The anger and frustration is due to the almost criminal manner that Wenger dismantled an experienced squad of players who had won trophies from 2005-2007, and failed to recreate a sufficiently strong squad of experienced, quality players, instead relying on young players to step up, even though most of them were simply mediocre players. Tonight I saw the result of incredible negligence that Wenger has shown when it comes to developing a robust squad of players who can cope with injuries, rather than hoping to get lucky whenever a few first team players are out.

We didn't need to spend £100M to make sure our squad was of the required standard, all it needed was a bit of care and attention, but Wenger, being blinded by dogma, failed to see the obvious, which has cost us dearly.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Gervinho made some promising runs.

Theo was OK

Chesney looks sharp, and we haven't conceded.

We need signings.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Blah blah blah i'm a boring cunt

This is the match reaction thread, I even have my own thread where I highlight the fact we're 8 SENIOR PLAYERS SHORT in the 25 permitted by the FA. Don't see why you can't separate that from the fact we got a result. But whatever.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Can any new signings play in the 2nd leg?

We need 4 players minimum.

CB, LB, CM and a CF

Give Everton £30m for Jagielka and Baines, get Parker in asap and some quality CF

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:14 PM
This is the match reaction thread, I even have my own thread where I highlight the fact we're 8 SENIOR PLAYERS SHORT in the 25 aloud by the FA. Don't see why you can't separate that from the fact we got a result. But whatever.

:pal:

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:16 PM
A rare slip by me, enjoy it. :coffee:

Özim
16-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Not sure how you came to that conclusion we played 2 games this season. Anyway did you think we would batter them with the team put out and players missing.

If thiswas UTD who did this you be having an organasm ovr them.

chill out, yeah it was not the best perfomance, but not the worst.
Because once again just like last season we're awful.

I'm not having the players missing BS to be honest, we should have done our business by now, the fact we haven't and are incompetent is not an excuse and shouldn't be used as one

It was borderline embarrassing and unless we spend some money nothing will change mark my words.

Joker
16-08-2011, 09:18 PM
This is the match reaction thread, I even have my own thread where I highlight the fact we're 8 SENIOR PLAYERS SHORT in the 25 permitted by the FA. Don't see why you can't separate that from the fact we got a result. But whatever.

I made the point about the lack of quality in the squad because today's match laid those weaknesses out in the open. Wenger actually said the squad is too big, ignoring not just the lack of quality but even the fact we have 8 unused slots in first team squad as you say. This tells me the guy's lost the plot and his delusions are costing us big time.

PS: I'm neither boring nor a cunt.

Coney
16-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by AKBapologist
This is the match reaction thread, I even have my own thread where I highlight the fact we're 8 SENIOR PLAYERS SHORT in the 25 aloud by the FA. Don't see why you can't separate that from the fact we got a result. But whatev

Is that like Girls Allowed?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't have any sense of entitlement that we should be winning trophies season after season, and that we should be playing champagne football week in week out. I know this is impossible for any football team, and I understand football is more than just about trophies, and we're lucky to have seen so much silverware in the last 15 years.

The anger and frustration is due to the almost criminal manner that Wenger dismantled an experienced squad of players who had won trophies from 2005-2007, and failed to recreate a sufficiently strong squad of experienced, quality players, instead relying on young players to step up, even though most of them were simply mediocre players. Tonight I saw the result of incredible negligence that Wenger has shown when it comes to developing a robust squad of players who can cope with injuries, rather than hoping to get lucky whenever a few first team players are out.

We didn't need to spend £100M to make sure our squad was of the required standard, all it needed was a bit of care and attention, but Wenger, being blinded by dogma, failed to see the obvious, which has cost us dearly.

Yep Letting Diara go was Wengers biggest mistake in the last 5 years and he'd do no harm getting him back, because song is useless in that posistion. We deffo need a LB Not sure where we will get one of those unless we move TV 5 there. Problem today was getting the balls to thje strikers today the service was poor.

Should have played Arshavin today, was he injured or what. should have played bendtner too tbh.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Apparently we haven't played amazing football since Wenger arrived. Apparently, great defending and clean sheets is proper footy. Apparently, we've had a shit squad for 3 years.

Seriously though, I'm honestly not sure why people were shocked how poor we were. The last preseason game give us a good preview of how "not ready" this youth side is, so I'm totally thrilled by the result and the effort.

Wow, we played the best football this country has ever seen, under Wenger. That's why the shit we are seeing now is so hard to take. If we'd been playing like Stoke all these years people would be chuffed we were 1-0 in the qualifying rounds of the CL. But just a few years ago we were in the damn final and now a qualifying game is big time for us. The decline has been so rapid a lot of the fans are still catching up. And all the while a signing here, an addition there, just a few more quid to tighten up the defence has been desperately needed and the fact this hasn't happened has added to the frustration. It's like a great club is deliberately being wound down.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I made the point about the lack of quality in the squad because today's match laid those weaknesses out in the open. Wenger actually said the squad is too big, ignoring not just the lack of quality but even the fact we have 8 unused slots in first team squad as you say. This tells me the guy's lost the plot and his delusions are costing us big time.

PS: I'm neither boring nor a cunt.
Point being, it was bloody obvious that we'd fucking struggle. A 5 year old could predict that, and Wenger 100% deserves criticism for totally fucking up the summer. But holy shit don't your posts lack any insight or perspective.

GP
16-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Yep Letting Diara go was Wengers biggest mistake in the last 5 years and he'd do no harm getting him back

Nah, Diarra is a dick and we are well shot of him.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Whats O'Leary doing these days?

Next manager for us tbh

Fuck that shit, he just called Diaby a good player

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2011, 09:24 PM
so thats two clean sheets in a row

Chesney :bow:

De gea :haha:

a shocker from ach :pal:

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Point being, it was bloody obvious that we'd fucking struggle. A 5 year old could predict that, and Wenger 100% deserves criticism for totally fucking up the summer. But holy shit don't your posts lack any insight or perspective.

But that's like saying, mate calm down and get real, I smashed your motor up, obviously it won't drive that well any more.

AKBapologist

:goodpost:

Marc Overmars
The team is crying out for a hero. Someone needs to step up because everything is so flat.

This is the worst shape Wenger has ever left the squad in. Absolutely praying we will buy 1,2 maybe even 3 before the month is out.

Joker

My insight is that Wenger is guilty of criminal negligence when it comes to maintaining a squad that is capable of enduring a 38 game league season with cup games included. As a manager, he failed to plan sufficiently for the eventuality of injuries that happen to every team in every season, which makes his excuse that "injuries killed us" all the more pathetic. My insight is that these sorts of mistakes would have seen any other manager sacked at any other club, and the fact that he's still here will see us declining in status as a club until the profits start decreasing (due to reduced gate receipts as the corporates stop going) when the parasitic board will finally wake up and smell the coffee.

As far as perspective is concerned, I haven't lost a sense of perspective, my views are in line with many Arsenal fans on this board and ones I talk to. We're being sold down a river by a manager who's blinded by dogma and a board who don't have our interests at heart.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Because once again just like last season we're awful.

I'm not having the players missing BS to be honest, we should have done our business by now, the fact we haven't and are incompetent is not an excuse and shouldn't be used as one

It was borderline embarrassing and unless we spend some money nothing will change mark my words.

So your saying if we had our missing players the game would have been the same.

The players were not going to out there and give us a fab show today never going to happen, they just losr their captain, their new captain never plaed. Star player Nasri never played never did AA.

Forget about what should have been done, its toatally irrlevent to my point.

We've played to games and your crying like we have gone the season relegated ffs.

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2011, 09:27 PM
on a posistive note from today, i thought everyone fought for their lives out on that pitch. they put the effort in and played for the shirt. finally

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 09:27 PM
The team is crying out for a hero. Someone needs to step up because everything is so flat.

This is the worst shape Wenger has ever left the squad in. Absolutely praying we will buy 1,2 maybe even 3 before the month is out.

well it was missing its captain and Nasri and AA and Wilshere but i agree we do need to buy some creativity, someone to lift the fans and players alike.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:28 PM
But that's like saying, mate calm down and get real, I smashed your motor up, obviously it won't drive that well any more.
What happened to the Niall Quinn that was going to support the club because the season had started?

And no, it's like saying... dude, I can't believe it your motor works after my dad filled up the tank with water... as didn't we just finish the first leg a goal up with a clean fucking sheet, despite losing 2 defenders during the game. :lol:

I'm gunna enjoy it.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Um what?

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Um what?
You clearly missed uniteds game on sunday didn't you? :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 09:31 PM
What happened to the Niall Quinn that was going to support the club because the season had started?

And no, it's like saying... dude, I can't believe it your motor works after my dad filled up the tank with water... as didn't we just finish the first leg a goal up with a clean fucking sheet, despite losing 2 defenders during the game. :lol:

I'm gunna enjoy it.

So if he lies his ass off, and states the exact opposite of what he sees, that will be deemed supporting his Club?

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2011, 09:32 PM
on a serious note though, what the fuck do the fifth officals do? surely he saw that it was a corner not a goal kick and yet didnt do anything

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 09:33 PM
What happened to the Niall Quinn that was going to support the club because the season had started? And no, it's like saying... dude, I can't believe it your motor works after my dad filled up the tank with water... as didn't we just finish the first leg a goal up with a clean fucking sheet, despite losing 2 defenders during the game. :lol:

I'm gunna enjoy it.

TBF he's allowed his Opinion, don't mean he's not supporting Arsenal. Just because Fakeyank says he wants us out the CL i don't think he'd be too sad if we stayed in.

Niall_Quinn

I'm gunna enjoy it.

Supporting the club does not mean watching a shite performance like that and cooing with joy. I'll enjoy it if we come away with the win over two legs, this game is only half way through and in the balance.

Cripps_orig
You clearly missed uniteds game on sunday didn't you? :lol:

I dont support them. I watched the Chelsea game and that bored the fuck out of me so couldnt be arsed sitting through another 90 minutes of football

AKBapologist
So if he lies his ass off, and states the exact opposite of what he sees, that will be deemed supporting his Club?
So you thought we were a lazy, one paced, tippy tappy bunch of lazy mercenaries today... After clearly losing the game 0-5?

We were poor today, no doubt, but holy shit, are you saying the we got that result by accident?

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:34 PM
on a serious note though, what the fuck do the fifth officals do? surely he saw that it was a corner not a goal kick and yet didnt do anything

Probably the same as the 4th umpire and the match referee in cricket.

F all

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:35 PM
So you thought we where a lazy, one paced, tippy tappy bunch of lazy mercenaries today... After clearly losing the game 0-5?

We where poor today, no doubt, but holy shit, are you saying the we got that result by accident?

Another rare slip? Can i enjoy this too?

Joker
16-08-2011, 09:35 PM
There was certainly some laziness amongst the midfielders, the way they failed to track runners, allowed their midfielders to have time on the ball, and left huge gaps for them to exploit. Moreover, the way one of their players run through our defence in the first half to go one-on-one showed a lack of concern for protecting the lead.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:40 PM
There was certainly some laziness amongst the midfielders, the way they failed to track runners, allowed their midfielders to have time on the ball, and left huge gaps for them to exploit. Moreover, the way one of their players run through our defence in the first half to go one-on-one showed a lack of concern for protecting the lead.
NO!

There were huge games in midfield because both teams had back lines that sat deep, Midfield tracked back but the ball in these situations will always move faster. Song was pretty good at times acting as a CB when one of the others was caught though got caught high up at times, needs to mature but on his way.

And no NQ, i'm just baffled by the phoney outrage. Our squad is shit, yes, absolutely, we played poorly, but my reaction to the match is "thank fuck for that".

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 09:40 PM
So you thought we where a lazy, one paced, tippy tappy bunch of lazy mercenaries today... After clearly losing the game 0-5?

We where poor today, no doubt, but holy shit, are you saying the we got that result by accident?

Yeah, that is exactly what I said.

Well done.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, that is exactly what I said.

Well done.
To be fair, you haven't said much of substance in the entire thread.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:44 PM
NO!

There were huge games in midfield because both teams had back lines that sat deep, Midfield tracked back and song was pretty good at times acting as a CB when one of the others was caught.

And no NQ, i'm just baffled by the phoney outrage. Our squad is shit, yes, absolutely, we played poorly, but my reaction to the match is "thank fuck for that".

You need to be patient, we are in the waiting period in-between moving from a title winning team that played great football to a mid table outfit that provides little to no entertainment. As I said, we'll all adjust in time but only a few of us will be saying thank fuck for that.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:45 PM

Seems a fair response to a match of little substance.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 09:46 PM

No, you spot on got what I said.

I gave my view on what was promising, which wasn't much. And what I saw simply has not enthused me to expand further.

All this match does is illustrate what has been said all close-season and in terms of the result being something to celebrate, it is not. This is just half-time.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Maybe the outrage is because the level of shitness exceeded expectations?

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 09:49 PM

I gave my view on what was promising, which wasn't much. And what I saw simply has not enthused me to expand further.

All this match does is illustrate what has been said all close-season and in terms of the result being something to celebrate, it is not. This is just half-time.

It's our 4th win since the Carling Cup final.

Shows how low standards have dropped that any old result is being celebrated.

Özim
16-08-2011, 09:49 PM
So your saying if we had our missing players the game would have been the same.

The players were not going to out there and give us a fab show today never going to happen, they just losr their captain, their new captain never plaed. Star player Nasri never played never did AA.

Forget about what should have been done, its toatally irrlevent to my point.

We've played to games and your crying like we have gone the season relegated ffs.
Couldn't give a toss to be honest, I don't care about our 2-3 missing players which we should have cover for, or those players who have departed and we should have bought cover for.

We should be ready and have all we need at this stage, the season has started and you can therefore judge what you see, what I saw was a shower of sh*t. There's no more leeway now, not after 6 years.

Italian football isn't that great these days either, Udinese lost their best players as well, yet they were better than us and deserved more, if we repeat this we'll get turned over in Italy.

There's only one excuse, the sorry excuse for a manager we have.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I didnt think this a couple of months ago but i think it now, midfield looks shit.

Cesc is gone, Nasri is going, Ramsey not yet good enough, Song is a DM playing as an AM and a shit one at that, Frimpong is a pub teamer

Wilshere cant do it on his own.

Parker is needed asap. Get Hargreaves in as well tbh and keep him fit

Coney
16-08-2011, 09:50 PM
No goals conceded, a 1 goal lead. OK, 10-0 would have been nicer but I'll take a lead with a clean sheet.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:51 PM

I don't get it, it's only half time yet we results wise we pretty much did what we needed to do, that's without RVP, Nasri and a shit tone of new signings. Would you have had the attitude "this is just half time" if we where 5 nill down. Hence my indignation at all this phoney outrage at what should have been a humbling defeat knowing what we should have known about the squad.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:51 PM

I think outrage in this case is defined as refusing to chant "Wenger knows"

Özim
16-08-2011, 09:52 PM
It's our 4th win since the Carling Cup final.

Shows how low standards have dropped that any old result is being celebrated.
Pretty much, no excuses for shovelling out this kind of sh*t, the summer was there to sort things out after a shocking end to the season last season...guess what nothing's been sorted and we look even weaker.

On top of that we have some deluded guy telling us Oxo cube, Gervinho, Miyake and Jenkinson are all new signings and that we don't necessarily need more players unless they're of super quality (which I can only translate as sh*t from what I've seen of his view of super quality).

It's f*cking laughable.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:52 PM
No goals conceded, a 1 goal lead. OK, 10-0 would have been nicer but I'll take a lead with a clean sheet.

A performance that gives some degree of confidence the return leg won't be a complete lottery would be better.

Özim
16-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I didnt think this a couple of months ago but i think it now, midfield looks shit.

Cesc is gone, Nasri is going, Ramsey not yet good enough, Song is a DM playing as an AM and a shit one at that, Frimpong is a pub teamer

So now the defence isn't good enough, the midfield is lacking and we're poor up front.

Sounds like a major rebuild is required to me.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Looking at the squad we had, I expected us to lose. I'm done complaining about why our squad is as small as it is - but it seems like all it takes is a poorish performance and a 1 - 0 win to set off all the moans.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't get it, it's only half time yet we results wise we pretty much did what we needed to do, that's without RVP, Nasri and a shit tone of new signings. Would you have had the attitude "this is just half time" if we where 5 nill down. Hence my indignation at all this phoney outrage at what should have been a humbling defeat knowing what we should have known about the squad.

What humbling defeat? We were playing Udinese, a team that is still acquiring match fitness and has lost most of its key players. half time and 1-0 coupled with an extremely ordinary performance doesn't usually give rise to wild celebrations does it? Especially as we travel for the next leg.

Coney
A performance that gives some degree of confidence the return leg won't be a complete lottery would be better.

Sure. But if this was manu's game, the commentators would be falling over themselves to say how champions can play really badly but still get the result. So from what we've seen this year, the PL and CL are in the bag.

Aaron Wilshere

I agree with your sentiments that the midfield looks weak, but the criticism of Frimpong is ridiculous and unhelpful. He's an inexperienced kid who isn't ready, but to be so derisory is a bit pathetic.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 09:58 PM
So now the defence isn't good enough, the midfield is lacking and we're poor up front.

Sounds like a major rebuild is required to me.

We need 4 players minimum. 4 quality players at that. Not Gervinhoesque, Jenkinsonesque pub teamers.

Players that will come in to the first team and produce from the off. Agueroesque.

Will it cost money? Yes it will but we have it so shouldnt be a problem. We have just sold Cesc and will sell Nasril, thats £50m right there added to what whatever we had before so why arent we after Sneijder? Cant see him wanting to take 47 steps down from Inter to join us but never know til we try.

If we aim for big players, we might get them. If we sign mid table players, we become a midtable team

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Sure. But if this was manu's game, the commentators would be falling over themselves to say how champions can play really badly but still get the result. So from what we've seen this year, the PL and CL are in the bag.

That might actually have a little bit to do with them being Champions and all.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Except that cliche actually means something for them.

For us it's usually a good indicator we are actually struggling.

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:00 PM
We need 4 players minimum. 4 quality players at that. Not Gervinhoesque, Jenkinsonesque pub teamers.

Players that will come in to the first team and produce from the off. Agueroesque.

Will it cost money? Yes it will but we have it so shouldnt be a problem. We have just sold Cesc and will sell Nasril, thats £50m right there added to what whatever we had before so why arent we after Sneijder? Cant see him wanting to take 47 steps down from Inter to join us but never know til we try.

If we aim for big players, we might get them. If we sign mid table players, we become a midtable team
Pretty much agree with you, we shouldn't be gambling now, just going out and buying quality...we have the cash.

There's really no excuse not to, especially after selling Cesc....but you can tell from the manager's words he's not looking for quality players, just the cheaper ones that so he can be smug about savig money and taken the morally superior stance.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree with your sentiments that the midfield looks weak, but the criticism of Frimpong is ridiculous and unhelpful. He's an inexperienced kid who isn't ready, but to be so derisory is a bit pathetic.

Exactly so why are we depending on him to come on in a CL game? Our squad is awful

Olivier's xmas twist
Couldn't give a toss to be honest, I don't care about our 2-3 missing players which we should have cover for, or those players who have departed and we should have bought cover for.

We should be ready and have all we need at this stage, the season has started and you can therefore judge what you see, what I saw was a shower of sh*t. There's no more leeway now, not after 6 years.

Italian football isn't that great these days either, Udinese lost their best players as well, yet they were better than us and deserved more, if we repeat this we'll get turned over in Italy.

There's only one excuse, the sorry excuse for a manager we have.

Yep we should be ready but were not, its a fecking CL qualifuier a nothing game not sure why your pissed you don't want us in the comepetiton any way so why moan, some people just love a moan ahey.

You go on like Udinese are a shite team when infact they are not, Ok so we were not at the races and it was not the best game but when won, then again we could have won 7-0 and you'd still bloddy moan.

If your pissed with Aw then make a fecking Anti Wenger thread and rant in their all you like but stop clogging up the forum with tedioud shite.

I agree we should have won by more we never the games over move on or stay in the past, but im focued on the pool game now.

Niall_Quinn

I don't think anyone is bothered by what the commentators are saying? I'm guessing they are more bothered about whether we can pull out a result in Italy if we play like that again. It's 50/50, I suppose people might also be thinking back to how we threw away automatic qualifying last season. We shouldn't even be here playing these qualifying games. If Utd had collapsed like we had, sold their best players and then struggled through a qualifying match against a mediocre Italian team I doubt the commentators would be saying it was the stuff of champions.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Agreed. There can't be any excuses now, the squad is obviously lacking. Now is the time to be ambitious, so what if we end up overpaying for players, the fans need something to believe in again and we need to see some tangible evidence that Wenger actually has a plan because at the moment it looks like he's just going through the motions.

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:03 PM
One team are proven winners who are mentally strong, can grind out results and have won trophy after trophy and do invest in the squad.

The other team collapse every season, sell their best players, have no bottle, team spirit and weaknesses everywhere you look.

The only valid comparison between the two teams are the letters A,E and R

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:05 PM

His wages if yiu think we'd ever pay that then more fool you. Your a bit hypocrital its ok to have a go at Gervinio even though its his 1st season but do it to chamachk and you cry to give him a chance.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:06 PM
One team are proven winners who are mentally strong, can grind out results and have won trophy after trophy and do invest in the squad.

The other team collapse every season, sell their best players, have no bottle, team spirit and weaknesses everywhere you look.

The only valid comparison between the two teams are the letters A,E and R#

Bollocks Still they same think they have played shite for years and lapped up credit, not saying we should either.

Letters
16-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Not massively convincing but a clean sheet and a decent result.

</thread>

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Yep we should be ready but were not, its a fecking CL qualifuier a nothing game not sure why your pissed you don't want us in the comepetiton any way so why moan, some people just love a moan ahey.

You go on like Udinese are a shite team when infact they are not, Ok so we were not at the races and it was not the best game but when won, then again we could have won 7-0 and you'd still bloddy moan.

If your pissed with Aw then make a fecking Anti Wenger thread and rant in their all you like but stop clogging up the forum with tedioud shite.

I agree we should have won by more we never the games over move on or stay in the past, but im focued on the pool game now.
So you agree, we should be ready.....the fact we're not is very important and there's no excuses sorry.

Udinese are nothing special, lost their best players, come from a league that isn't great these days and are behind fitness wise, we got lucky really as they totally outplayed us second half....reminds me of the carling cup outings in the early days of wenger's youth policy when we use to be totally out of our depth.

For some reason you seem happy to sit there and watch this shower of sh*t and accept it because we didn't do what we should, not good enough sorry, no excuses and I won't stop my criticism until it changes either.

Pool game will be shite as well, not looking forward to it at all.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 10:09 PM
His wages if yiu think we'd ever pay that then more fool you. Your a bit hypocrital its ok to have a go at Gervinio even though its his 1st season but do it to chamachk and you cry to give him a chance.

Quality players need quality wages. The whole point of moving to the Emirates was to compete with the big clubs. Well then do so by paying the wages.

As for Gervinho, hes looked shit. Chamakh didnt at the start of last season

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 10:10 PM
On a positive note, I think Gervinho could end up being quite a handy player for us. The direct running is very welcome, that's always his first instinct rather than to play tippy tappy shite. He gets a bit too over eager in the final third but in time he should improve there.

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:11 PM
#

Bollocks Still they same think they have played shite for years and lapped up credit, not saying we should either.
They've played some great stuff too, fact is though they win...almost every season that counts for a lot.

Teams who succeed should be praised, bottlers who keep a couple clean sheets and never win shouldn't.

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:12 PM
On a positive note, I think Gervinho could end up being quite a handy player for us. The direct running is very welcome, that's always his first instinct rather than to play tippy tappy shite. He gets a bit too over eager in the final third but in time he should improve there.
He's energetic, but so far reminds me of Eboue in the final third, no end product.

We'll see how he's doing in 6 months.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Agreed. There can't be any excuses now, the squad is obviously lacking. Now is the time to be ambitious, so what if we end up overpaying for players, the fans need something to believe in again and we need to see some tangible evidence that Wenger actually has a plan because at the moment it looks like he's just going through the motions.

Need a quality signing to raise spirits of the fans. Need more than one tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:13 PM
So you agree, we should be ready.....the fact we're not is very important and there's no excuses sorry.

Udinese are nothing special, lost their best players, come from a league that isn't great these days and are behind fitness wise, we got lucky really as they totally outplayed us second half....reminds me of the carling cup outings in the early days of wenger's youth policy when we use to be totally out of our depth.

For some reason you seem happy to sit there and watch this shower of sh*t and accept it because we didn't do what we should, not good enough sorry, no excuses and I won't stop my criticism until it changes either.Pool game will be shite as well, not looking forward to it at all.

No not accept it no, and If we go out next week then rightly so no excuses, but if we had RVp/Nasri/ Wishere you telling me the game would not have ben diffrent yes or no?

Letters
16-08-2011, 10:14 PM

I like him. He works hard and seems to have some ability. Needs to add an end product but he shows some promise.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2011, 10:15 PM

You're a wise and learned man and I agree with you.

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:15 PM
No not accept it no, and If we go out next week then rightly so no excuses, but if we had RVp/Nasri/ Wishere you telling me the game would not have ben diffrent yes or no?
So we had 3 players out so what?

We knew RVP was banned (he played Saturday anyway and made no difference as he takes time to get sharp).

Nasri is pretty much gone so you can ignore him.

Wilshere is a kid who may have had a decent season last season, but I think he's a bit overhyped, he didn't create or score that much. In a few years he should be good, but at this moment don't think he's going to be our saviour and who would expect him to at his age.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Quality players need quality wages. The whole point of moving to the Emirates was to compete with the big clubs. Well then do so by paying the wages.

As for Gervinho, hes looked shit. Chamakh didnt at the start of last season

Thats what we were told, Seems like the only reason was to make a profit for the board. Id love to get a big signing here, but who the hell would want to seeing the state we are in.

We don't needa big signing just a like for like quality who can help us get thattrophy that can get the big stars again. i agree we nees to spend if we sell Nasri we should have at least 90 mill in the bank to spend.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Really? All i see is the same old shit. Passes in when he can go for goal or go out wide. Tries to take people on and loses the ball constantly. Hes like the black Diaby

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:17 PM
So we had 3 players out so what?

We knew RVP was banned (he played Saturday anyway and made no difference as he takes time to get sharp).

Nasri is pretty much gone so you can ignore him.

Wilshere is a kid who may have had a decent season last season, but I think he's a bit overhyped, he didn't create or score that much. In a few years he should be good, but at this moment don't think he's going to be our saviour and who would expect him to at his age.
Just say yes or no thats all i want to here.

if you don't think it would not have made a diffrence then fine but be genine.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 10:17 PM
You're a wise and learned man and I agree with you.

Having you as a role model means I learnt from the best.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Thats what we were told, Seems like the only reason was to make a profit for the bored. Id love to get a big signing here, but who the hell would want to seeing the state we are in.

We don't needa big signing just a like for like quality who can help us get thattrophy that can get the big stars again. i agree we nees to spend if we sell Nasri we should have at least 90 mill in the bank to spend.

The fans are the bored tbh and we've seen no profit from it

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Just say yes or no thats all i want to here.

if you don't think it would not have made a diffrence then fine but be genine.
It's not a yes or no, Nasri was also suspended just like RVP.

Why not say if we had Cesc, or if we'd signed Mata we would have been better....hell if we'd signed Aguero as well we'd definitely have been more dangerous.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:19 PM
The fans are the bored tbh and we've seen no profit from it
You knew i meant board you twunt lol

fakeyank
16-08-2011, 10:20 PM
TBF he's allowed his Opinion, don't mean he's not supporting Arsenal. Just because Fakeyank says he wants us out the CL i don't think he'd be too sad if we stayed in.

My heart wants an Arsenal win every single time. I love this club but that does not mean I believe this club is in the right direction. It looks like a business more than a football club and that needs to change ASAP!

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Why not say if we had Cesc, or if we'd signed Mata we would have been better....hell if we'd signed Aguero as well we'd definitely have been more dangerous.

Because its a direction question and not a hard one.

If we had those players back would the game have been diffrent, forget if they were suspended or whatever.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Really? All i see is the same old shit. Passes in when he can go for goal or go out wide. Tries to take people on and loses the ball constantly. Hes like the black Diaby

I just think he's more inclined to challenge a fullback to a straight sprint, which is often the most simple way to get in behind and we have too many players that prefer to tippy tappy their way through. Had plenty of frustrating moments of course but you can't be too critical of him 2 games in.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:22 PM

My heart wants an Arsenal win every single time. I love this club but that does not mean I believe this club is in the right direction. It looks like a business more than a football club and that needs to change ASAP!

Of course it huts like most gooners. I know its hurt Zim seeing that tonight because he loves the club and wants to see much better. The club is in a bad place and the next 2 weeks are going to define where it goes one way or the other.

Losing today would have been such a big blow tbh. But it was a poor perfomace, Like Zim says we should have had our targets in and everything in place.

Özim
Because its a direction question and not a hard one.

If we had those players back would the game have been diffrent, forget if they were suspended or whatever.
I don't understand the point.

For a start they'll get injured throughout the season so we won't have them all the time, even with those three we're still not good enough IMO. Would we have won by more, who knows....Wenger can't motivate the team for sh*t.

They're good players, but we need a lot more than that right now.

Letters

EVERY club is a business now. It's sad but that's how football has gone.

fakeyank
16-08-2011, 10:23 PM

Chakma >> Aguero tbh

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I just think he's more inclined to challenge a fullback to a straight sprint, which is often the most simple way to get in behind and we have too many players that prefer to tippy tappy their way through. Had plenty of frustrating moments of course but you can't be too critical of him 2 games in.

You can be if you've had enough of Arsene and his cheap ass signings.

I didnt last season. I have this and i know its harsh on Gervinho. I even said at the time we got him that i felt sorry for him cos he will have all the pressure on his huge forehead to produce from the get go cos fans have lost patience and unfortunately he hasnt

Olivier's xmas twist

How can he be the black diaby.

Niall_Quinn

There's a hint of an understanding between Gervinho and Theo that might be just what we need, direct play at pace. Hopefully it won't be snuffed out on the training ground.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:26 PM

Why i've kind of gone off the sport. Not enjoyable. When the likes of Robben and eto want to go and play in Russia for some rich club that no one knew, its time to think about diffrent sports thank feck the rugby wcis coming up.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't understand the point.

For a start they'll get injured throughout the season so we won't have them all the time, even with those three we're still not good enough IMO. Would we have won by more, who knows....Wenger can't motivate the team for sh*t.

They're good players, but we need a lot more than that right now.

I not talking about the whole season just that game.

Özim
16-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I not talking about the whole season just that game.
Sure but then if Udinese hadn't sold their best 3 players they would have been better too.

fakeyank
16-08-2011, 10:29 PM

They are.. but they put football first rather than football second and business first! Look at Utd for example.. their owners are in the shit but SAF gets all the support footballistically! Initially everyone thought Ronaldo's fee would not be reinvested coz they only got Valencia but look at what they did this season. Made some high profile signings way ahead of time.. this is right after they won the PL.

We have been making profits from our transfers since 04. I dont remember who posted it yesterday but it said that we are +30 million since 04 when compared to the others where they were 200-300 million quid in the negative. I am not asking us to be that far off but surely if that number was -100 million over 7 seasons, it wouldnt be that big of a deal. We are a top 4 club and at the very least we should have 20 million quid to spend on reinforcements every season! Our board and manager seems to say the same but no investment is made but the same BS about 'super quality' players. AW must be retarded if the thought that there are no players out there to replace Squid, Chakma, Vela, Gibbs!

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Don't think City, Chelsea, RM or Barca would confirm to that assertion.

Letters
16-08-2011, 10:36 PM
They are.. but they put football first rather than football second and business first!

If they do that and they don't have a billionaire sugar daddy (which is NOT showing ambition btw, City aren't 'ambitious', it takes no talent or ambtion to spend a bottomless pit of money) then they're going to go bust. Utd have just about the best manager around but they're up to their eyeballs in debt and I know Utd fans who have given up their season tickets in protest at the way the club as being run - and this is a club who are the Champions, even their fans aren't all doing cartwheels at how the club is run in a business sense.

There needs to be a balance between business and football these days. IMO we get the balance wrong. I don't believe that's all Wenger's fault, I do think there are other things going wrong behind the scenes. But a lot of the problems at Arsenal are, IMO, a reflection of the problems in the sport as a whole. It's nowhere near as much fun as it was when I was a kid (when we were a far worse side than we are now, even with all our troubles at the moment)

Olivier's xmas twist
16-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Sure but then if Udinese hadn't sold their best 3 players they would have been better too.

Fair point and we probs would have had our arses habndes to us. Im talking about current sqauds.

If we have thoose 4 back the game would have been really diffrent and you know it.

Thats what my point was.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 10:42 PM
If we hadn't had sold half our squad we would have been better too...

0.o

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2011, 10:48 PM
firstly, i found the BBC sport report of the match unnecessarily scathing of our defence which actually wasn't that terrible (with the exception of Armero being almost clean through) , and it dealt well when it was actually the midfield giving the ball away that put it under sustained pressure.
Secondly it's painfully obvious we are lacking in creativity and if Wenger ignores this than he is going to find goals and subsequently wins hard to come by, as the crowd in the north bank (still feel uncomfortable with the idea of that considering a bowl shaped stadium doesn't by definition have stands) rightfully said "spend some f**king money!"
Also was anyone else in the North Bank upper and witness a man get taken ill during the game, i was watching the st johns ambulance and the doctors attending to him instead of the game during a period of the second half, fortunately he seemed to be ok.....the stewards were bloody slow to react though.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Don't by this lack of creativity stuff either.

Our play doesn't go through the center any more, if anything it's a change of the times. Given that's how united won the league last year I'm all for it too.

Strikers weren't good enough today, Theo the best, Gervinho positive, but there final ball is annoyingly bad given the positions they got into a number of times in the game. Same deal with vs Newcastle. Front 3 just weren't at the races.

selassie
16-08-2011, 10:57 PM
First half OK, 2nd Half painful. Really not looking forward to this season given what I've seen so far.

Fist of Lehmann
16-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Don't by this lack of creativity stuff either.
Our play doesn't go through the center any more, if anything it's a change of the times. Given that's how united won the league last year I'm all for it too.
Strikers weren't good enough today, Theo the best, Gervinho positive, but there final ball is annoyingly bad given the positions they got into a number of times in the game. Same deal with vs Newcastle. Front 3 just weren't at the races.
It's not only creativity but the ability to exert control through possession. Central midfield is absolutely key in this.

Don't forget that for many, Utd won the league by default last year as much through the failings of others as their own play.

At their best Utd played with 2 forwards, Rooney and Hernandez both of whom drop deep with the all front 4 able to interchange. Flexibility in attack (something we're often accused of lacking) is as much a factor as any system or style of play in deciding whether you score goals against the variety of opponents over a season.

AKBapologist
16-08-2011, 11:19 PM
It's not only creativity but the ability to exert control through possession. Central midfield is absolutely key in this.

Don't forget that for many, Utd won the league by default last year as much through the failings of others as their own play.

At their best Utd played with 2 forwards, Rooney and Hernandez both of whom drop deep with the all front 4 able to interchange. Flexibility in attack (something we're often accused of lacking) is as much a factor as any system or style of play in deciding whether you score goals against the variety of opponents over a season.
Oh agree that we're missing center mid pass masters, but you don't need to dominate games to win them.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2011, 11:25 PM

That is all.

Ernesto
17-08-2011, 06:18 AM
First of all, it's very nice to win. It's lifts the doom and gloom here, and at the Emirates at least temporarily.

In terms of football and the result itself, it's very worrying. Udinese showed us a thing or two when it comes to playing direct football with pace. It was like they were attacking us with 5xTheo Walcotts at times! This is probably what England felt like when Puskas and Co attacked them at Wembley in the '50s (although, thankfully, at least we still have the result to show for it)

The lack of pace in this side now is dreadful and, ironically, we sold the one player other than Walcott (who blows hot and cold himself) who can easily skin the opposition yesterday- namely, Eboue.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 07:24 AM
I am a little mixed up by last night to be honest. I was happy with the win and happy with another clean sheet, happy Theo actually did something productive, happy SZAGXCTDEIEBEH was still shouting and organising and over the fecking moon that Rosicky seems to have turned back into the player he was 4 or 5 years ago. Also pleased that Jenko and the Pong got champs league debuts...but that leads to the down side. ..

We are supposed to be a big club, a title chasing, champs league top 4 side. Look at the players we had to bring on last night? Frimpong has less than 5 senior appearances and Jenkinson was playing in the conference 5 months ago. Even our “starting line up” isn’t anywhere near good enough at this level, while i think they could be solid as a rock with a better tactic and i appreciate we have loads missing to get to this stage of the season without replacing those who have left is a disgrace.

The bullshitometer has gone to 11 in pre-season and i think it will only get worse, we have 13 days to get rid of the she-male and buy in probably 2 midfielders, a striker, a left back and a centre half. Does anyone genuinely think we will do this? Or even if we do it would matter to the way we play? We are tactically inept, 5 times..5! we got into a shooting position last night and turned out wide and passed to the overlapping full back? Why??? It doesn’t make any sense as we don’t cross the ball and even if we did there is no one in the box to head the fecking thing anyway. There was a period last night between 60-75mins that was like watching schoolboy footie, everyone swarming around the ball, panicky at the back and nothing up front. If this tactic was developed for Cesc why are we still playing it?

I fear Ramsey will get knackered very quickly as everything seems to hinge on him, we need to play 2 up front simple as that, we have the personnel to do this, either RvP and Theo or Chamakh and Gervinho simple as that. I know 4-4-2 is dying out but a fluid version with a de3ep lying forward would make us so much more solid up front and in midfield. It won’t change of course as Arsene has completely lost it but there you go.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Oh and FFS someone kick Chamakh up the arse. If you are going to play on your own up front one of your jobs is to occupy their back four and annoy the shit out of them, not just to wander round looking a little too much like a goose

Flavs
17-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Secondly it's painfully obvious we are lacking in creativity and if Wenger ignores this than he is going to find goals and subsequently wins hard to come by

I am not sure thats true mate, i think we have more than enough ability in the team to make a goal, what we dont have is the supporting tactical nuance to give the creative players the license and the confidence in their team mates to just let it flow. RvP is the perfect example of this, a deep lying forward with the long shots, size, skill and creativity to score and make 30 goals a season, but we play him as a pinnacle striker :doh:

I genuinely think some of our players are scared to try siomething different because if they lose the ball the opposition can punch holes in our team like me in a virgin

Marc Overmars
17-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Watching some highlights and our defence was actually quite good. And not just +1 good like against Newcastle when they didn't gave to deal with anything.

Udinese are probably pissed off they didn't get the away goal.

More of the same in the 2nd leg please, we're going to need it.

LDG
17-08-2011, 08:20 AM
OK. There were some positives. Despite everything that has happened over the summer, the team, I thought, fought really hard last night. We were obviously lacking some creativity, and Chamakh proabably put in the worst performance I've ever seen from an Arsenal player since Gus Caesar.

However, it showed me there is a team unity there. And some of the tackling was awesome. Real proper fucking challenges, last ditch tackles etc. Theo, Gervinho from advanced positions came back to help, and Ramsay / Song / Frimpong etc, whilst overwhelmed at times by an organised midfield, learnt a few lessons.

We didn't play brilliantly, but we got a result. And right now that's all I can ask for on the pitch.

The manager has some serious work to do. It's obvious we need to buy, and buy quite a few. With Djourou and gibbs both injured AGAIN, we need re-enforcements at the back like never before....and judging by Kos and his unerring ability to pass us into danger, we need two CB's pronto.

We need another striker, possibly two if Bender pisses off (which seems likely, given that I can't see how he didn't replace chamakh after 10 minutes...so obviously keeping him in cotton wool).

We need another creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder.

So, that's 6 players minimum.

All that said. Pleased with Theo. Though Frimpong gave some extra umph...and excited about him. Vermy was awesome, and Ramsay is gonna be something special.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 08:37 AM
We need another creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder.

So, that's 6 players minimum.

I can see where Wenger is coming from by saying that doesnt want to just buy numbers and doesnt want players of lesser ability because they are simply available. But would it be that hard to go to the teams that are in massive debt and make them offers they cant refuse? People talk about premiership players so there is very little bedding in process, well there are enough teams around who have players we would want and no money, Everton, West Ham, Birmingham, Wigan, West brom. There are also plenty of teams abroad who are on the brink, particularly in Spain.

Even more pertinent is that we seem to have forgot who the fuck we are in the transfer market, we are THE Arsenal, any player in France and probably Germany would want in IMO and all the otehr minor leagues are the same so what the fuck are we messing about at. I believe we have 23 registered players currently however, 4 of tose buck the under 21 rule so we have 6 squad places (not including Nasreek and Bender) Why dont we just nip to West ham and offer £15mil for Parker, Cole and Collison? To Everton and offer £20mil and Bendtner for Jaglieka, Fellaini and Rodwell?

Letters
17-08-2011, 08:37 AM
What was a bit sad about last night was how...ordinary we looked.
Think back to the early noughties...it really was an outstanding side. I think in the back of my mind I always knew it wouldn't always be that good. That's unrealistic. But the contrast between then and now is stark. We were missing a few players who would have made a difference but that just highlights how thin the squad is this season.
We HAVE to buy in the next couple of weeks, at least 2 established players.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2011, 08:56 AM
@flavs. I'd offer Bender + cash for Fellaini without a doubt.

Big fan of the afro man.

Not the type of player we'd go after though. :(

selassie
17-08-2011, 08:59 AM
What was a bit sad about last night was how...ordinary we looked.
Think back to the early noughties...it really was an outstanding side. I think in the back of my mind I always knew it wouldn't always be that good. That's unrealistic. But the contrast between then and now is stark. We were missing a few players who would have made a difference but that just highlights how thin the squad is this season.
We HAVE to buy in the next couple of weeks, at least 2 established players.

Yep

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2011, 09:03 AM
The Times saying today that it was a good win for us and it takes some pressure off of wenger.

The Sun saying we were lucky to scrape the win and it looked like we could go out at any minute.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 09:09 AM
@flavs. I'd offer Bender + cash for Fellaini without a doubt.

Big fan of the afro man.

Not the type of player we'd go after though. :(

Awesome player on his day but a bit of a knob it seems. David Moyes must have a massive pull on his players cos Everton have some real gems and yet very rarely sell to anyone. Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Jags, Baines and so on. Surprised they can keep them

selassie
17-08-2011, 09:10 AM
The Times saying today that it was a good win for us and it takes some pressure off of wenger.

The Sun saying we were lucky to scrape the win and it looked like we could go out at any minute.

It was an important win, but last nights result should not detract Wenger from the Fact that he needs to BUY, he can't just gut the squad of experience and not replace the departing players.

If he doesn't buy and we have a poor start to the season Wenger's position may become Untenable if Fans continue to spit venom about his policies.

server too busy!
17-08-2011, 09:15 AM
If we buy anyone they can't feature for us in CL qualifier anyway can they? He must be waiting to see if we go through and then spend, when is our next leg?

Also why did Arshavin not play? He would have been more effectual than Rosicky!

Flavs
17-08-2011, 09:16 AM

No, no he wouldnt.

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 09:19 AM
I put Udinese as favourites now. That was their first game of the season and they looked so sharp compared to us. They were quick and powerful and should have scored a few goals.

If Wilshere and RVP don't play the second leg we are going out.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 09:24 AM
If we buy anyone they can't feature for us in CL qualifier anyway can they? He must be waiting to see if we go through and then spend, when is our next leg?

We had to replace Gibbs and then replace Djourou. And no I don't think a new signing would be eligible for the second leg.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I put Udinese as favourites now. That was their first game of the season and they looked so sharp compared to us. They were quick and powerful and should have scored a few goals.

I wouldn't put them as favourites given we have to lose by two to go out (of a minimum 90 minutes). Also, we only need one goal to mean they need three.

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't put them as favourites given we have to lose by two to go out (of a minimum 90 minutes). Also, we only need one goal to mean they need three.

You're making out that us conceding goals is a rare occurrence.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 09:30 AM
No new signings wouldnt be eligible for this, you have to submit your players for this phase and then, should we qualify, we will submit a new list for the group phase.

In the prem however we can register players at anytime up until the 30th of August

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 09:33 AM
You're making out that us conceding goals is a rare occurrence.

It is so far this season! And if I am, then so are you with regards to scoring goals, which of course it has been so far this season too.

Letters
17-08-2011, 09:39 AM

I don't see it that way, they didn't get an away goal and I fancy us to score out there.

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 09:40 AM
It is so far this season! And if I am, then so are you with regards to scoring goals, which of course it has been so far this season too.

But our defence is just as bad as last season and our attacking play is far worse having lost two of our most creative players.

Anyway we'll soon find out.

AKBapologist
17-08-2011, 09:41 AM
If Nasri leaves, we can swap him for someone new, same with Cesc I think as far as this phase of CL registration is concerned.

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 09:43 AM
If Nasri leaves, we can swap him for someone new, same with Cesc I think as far as this phase of CL registration is concerned.

A.) We're not going to replace either of them.
B.) New signings can't play in second leg.

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Chesney is going to have to be on top of his game in the second leg.

Fist of Lehmann
17-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Do a Man City and play Song and Frimpong together?

SongPong?

Super Ghel
17-08-2011, 10:35 AM
First of all, it's very nice to win. It's lifts the doom and gloom here, and at the Emirates at least temporarily.

In terms of football and the result itself, it's very worrying. Udinese showed us a thing or two when it comes to playing direct football with pace. It was like they were attacking us with 5xTheo Walcotts at times! This is probably what England felt like when Puskas and Co attacked them at Wembley in the '50s (although, thankfully, at least we still have the result to show for it)

The lack of pace in this side now is dreadful and, ironically, we sold the one player other than Walcott (who blows hot and cold himself) who can easily skin the opposition yesterday- namely, Eboue.

Cheer up man, have no fear, Bendtner’s still here. :d Nah, you’re quite right. The one player who would’ve made a bit of difference going forwards last night would be Eboue, with his direct and mazy runs to help suck in the opposition whilst opening up space for others. It’s not so much a lack of pace imo, but more of a case whereby our midfield is severely lacking in ideas and a bit clueless upfront.

Ramsey’s performance last night (in conjunction with his pre-season matches and Newcastle game) has only help reinforce my view of him as Denilson mark II. Just one dimensional and always choosing the easy or cowardly option of sideways or backwards passing instead of constantly being on his toes trying to probe or carve defences open. No doubt the lad is still young and learning his trade, but to rely on him for some creative spark (when there’s no Jack) means we’re fucked big time imo. He does not possess the intelligence, vision, or finesse that Fabregas had at the same age and is still some ways away from being a reliable end product in the creative department imo.

Now going back to your point about Eboue, I was disappointed to see him pushed out the door first whilst slow useless donkeys like Squid at the back or the Dane upfront are still here. But then again, I suppose it’s more of an indication of demand for said players. Anyways my point is, Eboue is still a useful squad player in case of injury to Sagna and now with Clichy gone, Traore and Gibbs injured, you can see why.

I don’t think it’s a sane idea to deploy an inexperienced 19 year old kid as cover although he did do an admirable job last night albeit a bit nervy at times. I have been trying to observe this new lad Jenkees closely during our pre-season friendlies and frankly, he strikes me as a bit shit especially if we have to employ tactics whereby our LB/RBs provide some additional bite from the flanks offensively on occasion. I can’t be the only one who thinks his passing and composure on the ball leaves a lot to be desired. Whether it’s from our own half or the opposition end, the chap gets panicky a bit too easily and has the tendency to just launch, float or hoof aimlessly (in a hit and hope sort of way) and thus surrender possession pointlessly. The only upside I see is there is some grit and determination in this lad, but then again isn’t that what’s to be expected of your typical good honest English lads when there's relatively no guile involved? :d

Kano
17-08-2011, 10:37 AM
good to see verm getting past his injuries and looking fairly solid.

god knows what is wrong with gibbs, the kid needs to be put down.

rosicky can play a bit part role in the middle this season but he's not the guy to do it every week anymore, imjuries have ruined him.

chamakh had no service and when he did he wasn't sharp enough at all

theo looked good, working back and doing what he could going forward. his comments to sky after about playing in the middle will be the reason he leaves more than anything else. if he doesn't get the chances through the middle, he'll leave next season to find somewhere he can.

ramsey will take some time to get back to the level he was showing before his injury but when does, we'll have a great end-to-end cm in our team.

LDG
17-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Do a Man City and play Song and Frimpong together?

SongPong?

I would.

We need stength in the middle and then pace on the wings to counter attack.