PDA

View Full Version : Wenger: I will pay £30 million, I will even pay £40m if I find the right player

Tony Tuesdays
17-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Read this for a laugh

Arsene Wenger feels his reputation for being frugal is wrong, with the Arsenal boss insisting he would not be afraid to spend £40 million on the right player.

After six seasons without silverware, Wenger is under pressure to deliver a trophy and the fans have grown frustrated by the club's transfer policy.

Gunners supporters have seen Cesc Fabregas join Barcelona while the only incomings have been the relatively untried trio of Gervinho, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Carl Jenkinson.

With Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool all looking stronger this term, Wenger is feeling the heat. There is a fortnight remaining in the transfer window and he has insisted he will spend big if he can find the right player.

"I will pay £30 million, I will even pay £40m if I find the right player," Wenger told Sky Sports News. "It is not a question of money, it is a question of quality.

"I think I have a wrong reputation for not wanting to spend money. I do not want to spend money for average players; I am not the only one.

"We have plenty of scouts around the world and we are not frightened to spend money when we think it is right."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/106317.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Don't torture yourself. We all know Wenger is a wanker.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2011, 12:02 PM
We only sign super quality.

Flavs
17-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Sad thing is that even if he went out and bought 3 or 4 £20mil+ players most of you guys would still hate him

danisinkz
17-08-2011, 12:10 PM
We only sign super quality.

and inferior quality ;)

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Sad thing is that even if he went out and bought 3 or 4 £20mil+ players most of you guys would still hate him

Who...Wenger?

Flavs
17-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Who...Wenger?
No, Santa

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2011, 12:28 PM
That bastard never did bring me that new car I asked for :sulk:

selassie
17-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Read this for a laugh

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/106317.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

"I think I have a wrong reputation for not wanting to spend money. I do not want to spend money for average players; I am not the only one.

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 12:41 PM
That 'I am not the only one' part is linked to where he talks about us having scouts around the world, as in, he isn't the only one the media should be watching. Some sneaky editing there from ESPN.

Tony Tuesdays
17-08-2011, 12:47 PM
That 'I am not the only one' part is linked to where he talks about us having scouts around the world, as in, he isn't the only one the media should be watching. Some sneaky editing there from ESPN.

Which he says in the very next line of that article.

Power n Glory
17-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Yep, he doesn't want to spend money on average players. So he waits until they're available on a free transfer or cheap as chips.

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 12:48 PM

We will never find out.

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2011, 01:08 PM
No, Santa

There is a greater probability of that happening.

Joker
17-08-2011, 01:11 PM
It's sad how much a deluded idiot Wenger has become.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Nah, I'd applaud him and look forward to the season ahead.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 01:18 PM
It's sad how much a deluded idiot Wenger has become.

How does what he said make him deluded ?

Joker
17-08-2011, 01:20 PM
How does what he said make him deluded ?

Because he says "I do not want to spend money for average players; I am not the only one."

Well news flash Arsene, but you HAVE spent money on average players, especially in recent years. Koscielny, Squillaci, Silvestre etc are all mediocre at best footballers, and yet Wenger acts as if he only signs players if they are "super quality". What a load of bollocks.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Because he says "I do not want to spend money for average players; I am not the only one."

Well news flash Arsene, but you HAVE spent money on average players, especially in recent years. Koscielny, Squillaci, Silvestre etc are all mediocre at best footballers, and yet Wenger acts as if he only signs players if they are "super quality". What a load of bollocks.

Yeah true when you put it like that lol

Elreactor
17-08-2011, 01:43 PM
That BS is out again. :yawn:

The problem is that the right player, at the right price, doesn´t exist, except for the case of Barcelona who sign people like Fabregas for 27M, that is a "right price" for the buyer. But that´s only allowed to those who, like barcelona, have certain dealings with FIFA´s crud.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Which he says in the very next line of that article.

He does but it's not the start of the new sentence, it's added with a ; to the one I was mentioning. And it misses off what he really says, which was "I am not the only one you should be watching..."

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm glad he said this as the pressure is really on him now.

No more fans thinking we're skint.

He sure does like pressure does Arsene.

Gonna be a long old season (hopefully not for him though).

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm glad he said this as the pressure is really on him now.No more fans thinking we're skint.

He sure does like pressure does Arsene.

Gonna be a long old season (hopefully not for him though).

Yep big time although i think the pressure will be off the playes a little as they will be underdogs a lot this seeason.

AKBapologist
17-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Meanwhile city actually spend 30-40 million pounds on players instead of talking about spending it.

LDG
17-08-2011, 03:29 PM
He'll spend. And he'll spend big.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I reckon he will spunk a decent portion of what money we bring in because I cannot belive he would have let Clichy, Eboue, Vela, hopefully Bendtner go on top of the obvious Cesc and maybe the less obvious a few weeks ago Nas go and not even beginn to think we have what it takes to challenge for anything

how he has taken me by surprise is to allow the season to start before hand.........but I do also think he could not do anything with the Cesc cash so hands somewhat tied........but what with Gibbs proving again he is an accident waiting to happen, two players with 3 match bans even Wengers hand has to have been forced now

Grebbo
17-08-2011, 03:47 PM
I reckon he will spunk a decent portion of what money we bring in because I cannot belive he would have let Clichy, Eboue, Vela, hopefully Bendtner go on top of the obvious Cesc and maybe the less obvious a few weeks ago Nas go and not even beginn to think we have what it takes to challenge for anything

how he has taken me by surprise is to allow the season to start before hand.........but I do also think he could not do anything with the Cesc cash so hands somewhat tied........but what with Gibbs proving again he is an accident waiting to happen, two players with 3 match bans even Wengers hand has to have been forced now

Wenger has never been forced to do anything. That's the problem.

Özim
17-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Someone tell me what is wrong with this guy, is he really still sane because the amount of boll*cks he comes out with is beyond what any normal human being would come out with.

I don't think I've ever seen a manager who talks so much nonsense in my life, the sad thing is he lacks so much self awareness he can't even seen he's totally embarrassing himself.

I can't quite understand the transformation from a man who won trophies and built great teams to this sorry excuse for a manager.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Someone tell me what is wrong with this guy, is he really still sane because the amount of boll*cks he comes out with is beyond what any normal human being would come out with.

I don't think I've ever seen a manager who talks so much nonsense in my life, the sad thing is he lacks so much self awareness he can't even seen he's totally embarrassing himself.

I can't quite understand the transformation from a man who won trophies and built great teams to this sorry excuse for a manager.

i mean maybe making himself look a fool takes the delfection of the team in am important week.

fari
17-08-2011, 05:49 PM
i mean maybe making himself look a fool takes the delfection of the team in am important week.

i agree...wenger is crazy like a fox. i for one cannot believe a man with his intelligence will not rectify some of the glaring holes in the team. this next week will be one heck of a ride that's for sure.

fakeyank
17-08-2011, 06:21 PM

He is a retard

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2011, 08:02 PM
He'll spend. And he'll spend big.

Last week I thought this was beyond doubt. This week I'm not so sure. If he really means what he said about not needing another CB then I don't think he'll sign anyone that matters. He may get a playmaker (if there's one gong cheap) but all that will do is plug the gap left by Fabregas so we can carry on with the garbage system and the garbage football we are playing at the moment. Spending £20m, £30, or even £40m on a single midfielder is not going to make any difference to the outcome of this season. We need at least 4 decent signings at LB, CB, striker and in the middle. If we don't get that they might as well keep the cash and pay down the debt. I'm wondering if they are already starting to view the money from Fabregas as compensation for missing out on the CL next season, the Nasri cash for the season after that, then RvP, then Jack who would be worth a couple of season of lost CL revenue. Then they could start spinning bullshit about getting back on top once the stadium is paid off, "loyal" fans might be asked to be patient until that happens. They could even be banking on the authorities levelling up the playing field with the fair play rules (no chance). I wouldn't put anything past the board at the moment. One thing's for sure, they are too fucking pig ignorant, arrogant and smug to tell the fans what's going on.

selassie
17-08-2011, 08:08 PM
i agree...wenger is crazy like a fox. i for one cannot believe a man with his intelligence will not rectify some of the glaring holes in the team. this next week will be one heck of a ride that's for sure.

Wenger is capable of anything, we've ambled on for seasons without a Proper keeper or defensive structure so he is capable of anything. It wasn't that long ago that he decimated Midfield with the loss of Gilberto, Flamini, Diarra & Hleb.

If any manager can leave gaping holes in the squad it's Wenger.

fakeyank
17-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Last week I thought this was beyond doubt. This week I'm not so sure. If he really means what he said about not needing another CB then I don't think he'll sign anyone that matters. He may get a playmaker (if there's one gong cheap) but all that will do is plug the gap left by Fabregas so we can carry on with the garbage system and the garbage football we are playing at the moment. Spending £20m, £30, or even £40m on a single midfielder is not going to make any difference to the outcome of this season. We need at least 4 decent signings at LB, CB, striker and in the middle. If we don't get that they might as well keep the cash and pay down the debt. I'm wondering if they are already starting to view the money from Fabregas as compensation for missing out on the CL next season, the Nasri cash for the season after that, then RvP, then Jack who would be worth a couple of season of lost CL revenue. Then they could start spinning bullshit about getting back on top once the stadium is paid off, "loyal" fans might be asked to be patient until that happens. They could even be banking on the authorities levelling up the playing field with the fair play rules (no chance). I wouldn't put anything past the board at the moment. One thing's for sure, they are too fucking pig ignorant, arrogant and smug to tell the fans what's going on.

:gp:

These people have totally fucked my club up

Syn
17-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I'd love it if Wenger just spazzed out now (in a different way than he has been doing) - just fully cracks and pisses away £40m on Jason Roberts.

You'd be a filthy liar if you said that wouldn't make you respect Wenger a bit more.

Alan B'stard
17-08-2011, 08:22 PM
fuck you wenger.

that is all.

-Xs-
17-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Haha, Wenger playing the arsenal faithful again I see

We aren't signing anyone

GP
17-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I'd love it if Wenger just spazzed out now (in a different way than he has been doing) - just fully cracks and pisses away £40m on Jason Roberts.

You'd be a filthy liar if you said that wouldn't make you respect Wenger a bit more.

:haha:

Surely you mean SIR Jason Roberts?

It's happening folks.

Master Splinter
17-08-2011, 09:58 PM
fuck you wenger.

that is all.

Are you that rapper bitch?

Ironing
18-08-2011, 09:32 AM
In his own head, Wenger is sniggering to himself "yeah, i'd pay 40 million for a player... if that player's name is lionel messi! hahaha, suckers. arsene strikes again"

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 09:34 AM
In his own head, Wenger is sniggering to himself "yeah, i'd pay 40 million for a player... if that player's name is lionel messi! hahaha, suckers. arsene strikes again"

:haha:

Alan B'stard
18-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Are you that rapper bitch?
thats not how i roll, muthafucka