PDA

View Full Version : The Wenger Thread

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:16 AM
I thought instead of clogging up Thread wiith feeling about AW, you could post in here, with your thoughts, rant and rave or Praise him.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:17 AM
I love Arsene.

GP
18-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I love Arse.

I knew it

Boss
18-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Given that people are discussing problems with the team, and Wenger is the root of those problems, might as well shut down the board if you don't want to see anti-Wenger stuff.

/thread

Ironing
18-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Absolute legend, perhaps the greatest manager in the club's history. What he's done has not only been revolutionary for Arsenal, but for English football as a whole.

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Wenger is responsible for us going into the season with the weakest squad we've had for over 10 years, so the comments made against him are justified, because none of them are personally abusive, but instead focus on his failings as a manager over the last 5 years.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Worst manager around imo atm tbh

Fats
18-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Arsene knows shit

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Arsene knows shit

He knows how to talk BS.

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Given that people are discussing problems with the team, and Wenger is the root of those problems, might as well shut down the board if you don't want to see anti-Wenger stuff.

/thread
Pretty much.

Fats
18-08-2011, 11:25 AM
He knows how to talk BS.

Given

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Really can't stand him being in charge and embarrassing us any longer, he's not willing to change so it's time to wave goodbye and say thanks for the memories (from 6 years ago+) and sorry but you won't be missed after what you've done since 2005 onwards.

Letters
18-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Wenger is responsible for us going into the season with the weakest squad we've had for over 10 years, so the comments made against him are justified, because none of them are personally abusive, but instead focus on his failings as a manager over the last 5 years.

Well that's just rubbish!

Ironing
18-08-2011, 11:26 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/wengerknowsbest/status/103928651766177792

Fats
18-08-2011, 11:27 AM

agree with letters I think Wenger is a thick cunt

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:28 AM
His reputation is ruined and his legacy will be of a laughing stock.

50 years down the line when Wenger is dead and people think of his time at Arsenal, they wont remember the invincibles, the quality football etc.

They will remember how he took a team that should have ruled England if not Europe and made them a laughing stock

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 11:29 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/wengerknowsbest/status/103928651766177792

:haha:

Wenger does have a pretty mouth though.

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Okay, a few have been out of order, but on the whole the comments criticise Wenger's decisions, rather than the man himself. This is why I've stopped reading Le-Grove's comments section, because they get needlessly personal in their abuse, which hasn't happened on this board.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Okay, a few have been out of order, but on the whole the comments criticise Wenger's decisions, rather than the man himself. This is why I've stopped reading Le-Grove's comments section, because they get needlessly personal in their abuse, which hasn't happened on this board.

I see that as a challenge

Letters
18-08-2011, 11:31 AM
His reputation is ruined and his legacy will be of a laughing stock.

50 years down the line when Wenger is dead and people think of his time at Arsenal, they wont remember the invincibles, the quality football etc.

They will remember how he took a team that should have ruled England if not Europe and made them a laughing stock

Do stop being a WUM. Do you seriously believe any of that? We finished 4th last year, he's hardly dismantled the Invincibles and got us relegated.
There are massive problems right now but the Invincibles era team, the records they set, the football they played and the trophies they won will never be forgotten.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:33 AM

Not to mention really Racist etc.

Fats
Crisps I think your right he has ruined his reputation and he has not got the ability to fix it

Cripps_orig
Do stop being a WUM. Do you seriously believe any of that? We finished 4th last year, he's hardly dismantled the Invincibles and got us relegated.There are massive problems right now but the Invincibles era team, the records they set, the football they played and the trophies they won will never be forgotten.

Hes done the former and if hes in charge for a few more years, id bet he does the latter as well.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 11:34 AM

White trash?

dazthegooner
18-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I will reserve judgement until the transfer window closed if he doesn't sign any quality then indeed it would be time for him to leave and get someone in with fresh ideas, though not his fault that we are suffering with so many injuries.

Fats
18-08-2011, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfFGXG2-6kg
Not to mention really Racist etc. no way

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Correct, too many knuckledraggers in that place.

Letters
Hes done the former and if hes in charge for a few more years, id bet he does the latter as well.

How much would you like to bet?

Put your money where your WUM is if you really believe that...

Cripps_orig
Not even Wenger as shite as he is can take us to relegation in 7 years.

Give him at least 10-15 years for that. 7 of those has past.

Hopefully he'll be gone before it happens

Olivier's xmas twist
Given that people are discussing problems with the team, and Wenger is the root of those problems, might as well shut down the board if you don't want to see anti-Wenger stuff./thread

Not saying people should not bring up AW in dffrent threads not why i made this thread at all, its more to do with if people want to rant about him, instead of fiiling every thread with Anti AW tirades all the time.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:40 AM
How much would you like to bet?

Put your money where your WUM is if you really believe that...

You sound a lot like the Nottingham Forest fans i didnt know back in the early 90s. And dont forget, Clough was 47 million times the manager Wenger is. Even now tbh and hes dead.

As for the bet, i never bet tbh. The house always wins

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Not saying people should not bring up AW in dffrent threads not why i made this thread at all, its more to do with if people want to rant about him, instead of fiiling every thread with Anti AW tirades all the time.
Well he's at the centre of all our problems, what do you expect exactly for us to ignore him?

He's the manager and it's his job to get the team to perform on the pitch, if he doesn't he will be talked about.

Fats
18-08-2011, 11:41 AM

Why though he is the route of all of our problems

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/18/2625450/it-is-only-natural-that-i-would-be-considered-arsene-wengers

Good player but hes a mini Wenger in management really so no thanks

Ironing
18-08-2011, 12:06 PM
You sound a lot like the Nottingham Forest fans i didnt know back in the early 90s. And dont forget, Clough was 47 million times the manager Wenger is. Even now tbh and hes dead.

:lol:

Letters
18-08-2011, 12:37 PM

Does if you bet on something you know won't happen, which you do.

Alan B'stard
18-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I thought instead of clogging up Thread wiith feeling about AW, you could post in here, with your thoughts, rant and rave or Praise him.

thank him for his contribution and then get rid

selassie
18-08-2011, 08:46 PM
thank him for his contribution and then get rid

:good:

This.

Özim
18-08-2011, 08:58 PM
The board to say his job is 100% safe and that's he doing a great job on one day, then the next day for them to tell him it's not working out and that he's free to leave.

Think he'll appreciate that, as he seems to enjoy BS.

Xhaka Can’t
18-08-2011, 09:19 PM
I love Arse.

And anything with a pulse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2011, 10:15 PM
quick blow to the back of the head from Mr Spade

Boss
19-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein believes Arsene Wenger could consider his future if he does not receive the backing of the fans.

With captain Cesc Fabregas having departed for Barcelona and Samir Nasri set to complete a move to Manchester City in the near future, Dein says Wenger is "undoubtedly" facing the toughest spell of his time at Arsenal.

There is a growing mood of discontent among many supporters over the failure to sign up replacements, but Dein believes the fans need to get behind their manager.

He told BBC Sport: "That's always an option open to him because it could come to a stage when he will say, 'Well, I have had enough'. At least that's how I feel and I feel the fans should feel that. They should at least give him the respect that he deserves for what he's done.

"People talk about 'Has his time finished at the club?' That's a very dangerous thing to say because it's easy to get rid of people and then what? People talk about buying players. Well, you've got to get players who are better than the ones you've got at the moment."

Dein says he can sympathise with fans' frustrations over the lack of silverware in recent times but maintains Wenger is capable of ending the drought.

"I can understand their worry because the expectation level today is so high and Arsene has brought such success to the club," Dein said. "In 15 years that he's been there, every year we've been in the Champions League, so you can understand, perhaps, fans feeling a little bit frustrated that they haven't seen a trophy for a few years.

"Under Arsene Wenger's stewardship, they've had good times and very good times and there's no reason to expect why we shouldn't see them again."

He added: "Obviously I know him very well, he's a neighbour of mine. I've never seen a man in football more focused, more determined, with more drive than him."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/106649.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Time for the fans to man up and make a difference :pray:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 10:36 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14586175.stm

Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has told BBC Sport that Arsenal fans must give manager Arsene Wenger the respect he deserves or risk losing him.

The manager has come under increasing criticism from supporters after six seasons without a trophy and the departure of Cesc Fabregas.

When asked if Wenger could leave, Dein said: "That's always an option open to him because it could come to a stage when he will say, 'Well, I have had enough.'

"At least that's how I feel and I feel the fans should feel that. They should at least give him the respect that he deserves for what he's done."

Dein, the driving force behind Wenger's appointment in 1996, told BBC Sport: "People talk about 'Has his time finished at the club?'

"That's a very dangerous thing to say because it's easy to get rid of people and then what? People talk about buying players. Well, you've got to get players who are better than the ones you've got at the moment."

Dein, who left Arsenal in 2007, is still good friends with Wenger, but did say that he sympathises with Arsenal's fans.

"I can understand their worry because the expectation level today is so high and Arsene has brought such success to the club," said Dein.

"In 15 years that he's been there every year we've been in the Champions League. So you can understand, perhaps, fans feeling a little bit frustrated that they haven't seen a trophy for a few years.

"Under Arsene Wenger's stewardship, they've had good times and very good times and there's no reason to expect why we shouldn't see them again."

The departure of Fabregas, and possibly Sami Nasri in the days to come, has left Wenger under pressure and Dein believes the Frenchman is enduring the toughest period of his 15 years with Arsenal.

"Undoubtedly, on several counts," said Dein.

"One, the game's got more competitive. Players are not as loyal as they used to be. Gone are the days where we'll see testimonials where players will stay at a club for 10 years - you know, with Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Lee Dixon, Ray Parlour, Dennis Bergkamp.

"You're not going to see that any more because players will be tempted to move and that is modern football. In a way, the players moving on is always a problem for a manager.

"And last season was particularly difficult because they were nearly there. At one stage, a few months before the end of the season, competing on four fronts and in the end coming away trophyless is difficult, perhaps, to accept."

Despite the current difficulties, Dein insists that the man he brought to English football retains a burning desire to win more trophies with Arsenal.

"Obviously I know him very well, he's a neighbour of mine," said Dein. "I've never seen a man in football more focused, more determined, with more drive than him."

Watch the full interview with David Dein on Football Focus at 1215 BST on Saturday, 20 August

Why are we as fans always treated with such contempt?

Weve been backing wenger for the last 15 years, its time some of that was re-payed ffs.

Sick of everyone telling us that we're in the wrong tbh.

Letters
19-08-2011, 10:42 AM
It's hardly been 13 years with no success at all.
But patience is wearing thin now, this summer has been a sodding disaster.
I've no bloody idea what's going on at the club right now.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 10:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14586175.stm

Why are we as fans always treated with such contempt?

Weve been backing wenger for the last 15 years, its time some of that was re-payed ffs.

Sick of everyone telling us that we're in the wrong tbh.

Wenger made Dein £75MILLION.

I'd be sucking his dick too if he'd made me that kind of money.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 11:11 AM
In 15 years that he's been there every year we've been in the Champions League. So you can understand, perhaps, fans feeling a little bit frustrated that they haven't seen a trophy for a few years.

The guy completely misunderstands fans, it's incredible how detached he is. Of course if you have been the beneficiary of the money that comes from the CL you will see mere participation as a reward in itself. But why are the fans who pump the money in expected to be satisfied when we consistently fail to achieve any of the genuine goals of participation in these competitions? We don't say sack the manager because we haven't won the CL but neither should we celebrate because we have failed to win. What's in this routine failure for us? Nothing. Not even entertaining football any more. So why the demands we wave our scarves and chant, "4th in the league, we are, we are, 4th in the league"?

"One, the game's got more competitive. Players are not as loyal as they used to be. Gone are the days where we'll see testimonials where players will stay at a club for 10 years - you know, with Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Lee Dixon, Ray Parlour, Dennis Bergkamp.

"You're not going to see that any more because players will be tempted to move and that is modern football. In a way, the players moving on is always a problem for a manager.

He speaks as if he's averse to this downturn, but he's one of the pricks who has made football what it is today. Tell him he can hand back all the money he's made from the bastardisation of football and see what'll he'll do.

"And last season was particularly difficult because they were nearly there. At one stage, a few months before the end of the season, competing on four fronts and in the end coming away trophyless is difficult, perhaps, to accept."

He's delusional. "Nearly there", he says. Like the rookie trying to land an airliner who nearly didn't kill all the passengers. So close! Last year was a disgrace, how can anyone try to put any sort of positive slant on it? Yes indeed, last year was "perhaps" difficult to accept. But not nearly has hard as this year, what with the club failing to correct any of the problems that left us short last season. Why do you say we are "nearly" somewhere when the next thing you do is turn 180 degrees and start walking further away from the goal.

This guy, like so many in football now, is a politician. He won't connect the dots because to do so would give a true picture. Instead he focuses on issues in isolation and spins them for all he's worth.

Short version, he's a cunt.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 11:16 AM
The guy completely misunderstands fans, it's incredible how detached he is. Of course if you have been the beneficiary of the money that comes from the CL you will see mere participation as a reward in itself. But why are the fans who pump the money in expected to be satisfied when we consistently fail to achieve any of the genuine goals of participation in these competitions? We don't say sack the manager because we haven't won the CL but neither should we celebrate because we have failed to win. What's in this routine failure for us? Nothing. Not even entertaining football any more. So why the demands we wave our scarves and chant, "4th in the league, we are, we are, 4th in the league"?

He speaks as if he's averse to this downturn, but he's one of the pricks who has made football what it is today. Tell him he can hand back all the money he's made from the bastardisation of football and see what'll he'll do.

He's delusional. "Nearly there", he says. Like the rookie trying to land an airliner who nearly didn't kill all the passengers. So close! Last year was a disgrace, how can anyone try to put any sort of positive slant on it? Yes indeed, last year was "perhaps" difficult to accept. But not nearly has hard as this year, what with the club failing to correct any of the problems that left us short last season. Why do you say we are "nearly" somewhere when the next thing you do is turn 180 degrees and start walking further away from the goal.

This guy, like so many in football now, is a politician. He won't connect the dots because to do so would give a true picture. Instead he focuses on issues in isolation and spins them for all he's worth.

Short version, he's a cunt.

yet people think having Dein back here would make a diffrence.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Might as well have him back, kettle all the cunts in one place, do the world a favour and at least then we'd win the martyr cup.

hobson's choice
19-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Wenger basically needs to be fired for his good and sanity. I kinda feel sorry for the guy, it's like watching a once great boxer at the tail end of their career.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Wenger says Dein wrong to suggest he may walk away, reaffirms loyalty. Says he's friends with DD but won't say if spoken about return

From john cross twitter. Seems like AW could be feeling the strain

GP
19-08-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/candy-bar.png

alexander
19-08-2011, 04:51 PM

im feeling the fucking strain too! what the hell is wenger up too?!

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 05:01 PM

:pray:

selassie
20-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm geninuely curious if there are many still on here who back Wenger? Is there anyone out there who thinks he can turn things around? By that I mean improve the squad and win us a trophy.

Boss
20-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm beginning to despise Wenger, especially given the way the summer's gone so far.

Joker
20-08-2011, 02:09 PM
I seriously dislike him these days, especially the way he treats the fans as idiots.

If you want to look at an idiot *******, look at the mirror you fucking dickhead.

selassie
20-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm beginning to despise Wenger, especially given the way the summer's gone so far.

Yep me too.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I just feel sorry for him now.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Got a feeling he might walk when we lose on Wednesday.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Got a feeling he might walk when we lose on Wednesday.

Wenger :bow:

Always trying to cheer Gooners up when we are at our lowest

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 02:34 PM
How do we know for sure this is all Wenger's doing? Just how weak and hopeless must our board be if they allow the manager to systematically dismantle the team? Does Kroenke have a reputation for being a wuss?

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 02:36 PM
How do we know for sure this is all Wenger's doing? Just how weak and hopeless must our board be if they allow the manager to systematically dismantle the team? Does Kroenke have a reputation for being a wuss?

They let Wenger do whatever he wants because there is no plan B.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 02:37 PM
They let Wenger do whatever he wants because there is no plan B.

So if Wenger goes we are then left with the worst businessmen in the world? Incompetent fools with no plan who are lead around by the nose by a guy who hasn't brought success in half a decade. It doesn't sound very plausible.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Are we the only club in the world who can be taken over by a billionaire and get even!worse?

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Niall_Quinn;31780]So if Wenger goes we are then left with the worst businessmen in the world? Incompgtent fools with no plan who are lead around by the nose by a guy who hasn't brought success in half a decade. It doesn't sound very plausible.[

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:49 PM
i wonder how a manager like him cannot understand that we cannot go on like this. It baffles me. he is a proven PL winner, the man who turned our fortunes round. ok he may have done wrong but how can he not understand it????

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 11:46 AM
ARSENE WENGER fears Arsenal may be just one defeat away from sliding back into hell.

The Gunners have recovered brilliantly following their shocking start to the season — winning nine and drawing one of their last 11 games.

Having slumped to 17th in the Premier League in August, they now lie seventh.

But, ahead of today's trip to Norwich, boss Wenger is worried that one slip-up could destroy all of their good work and bring back the gloom.

He admitted: "We have come from hell and if we've learned something it is to put 100 per cent effort in every single game.

"Our target is to come back to fight at the top of the Premier League. That is more important that anything else. It is vital that we come back from where we were in the championship.

"Usually once the devil has you in his hands he doesn't let you go again. What I mean by that is that you are concerned that when the confidence level drops, it takes time to come out of it.

"Once you are 17th in the league you cannot say for a club like Arsenal that it is a comfortable position.

"It is still a warning in our head but I think we have shown remarkable mental strength and consistency since. Maybe to have gone through that helps us keep the urgency.

"We had many players out at the start of the season and we bought very late in Augustso we've just grabbed momentum.

"The team is getting stronger from game to game so overall I expect that momentum to keep going and for us to go from strength to strength. It is vital for us to be strong away from home because we have dropped enough points. For us, we are in a situation where every game is becoming extremely important and is becoming a big test.

"To repeat the performance we had at Chelsea is very important for us."

The Gunners lost three of their opening five matches to leave Wenger facing his toughest period in 15 years at the club.

Samir Nasri moved to Manchester City and Cesc Fabregas joined Barcelona.

Arsenal recovered well but, to maintain their progress, Wenger will put out a full-strength team at Carrow Road despite facing Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League at the Emirates on Wednesday, as they trail league leaders City by 12 points.

Wenger admitted: "We are too far away from the top at the moment. My complete focus is to reduce that gap before Christmas.

"Then in the second half of the season, we play all of these teams at home, so we still have a chance to come back. I don't know how realistic it is, but we have to give absolutely everything to make it realistic."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3945473/Arsene-Wenger-Dont-take-Arsenal-back-to-hell.html

That is what we all fear as well. Whenever we go on a good run and then we lose, we are awful for a bit before picking up again. Throughout Wengers era, we have been like that. The mentality of the club has been piss poor and you'd have thought Wenger would do something to sort it over the years.

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 11:56 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3945473/Arsene-Wenger-Dont-take-Arsenal-back-to-hell.html

That is what we all fear as well. Whenever we go on a good run and then we lose, we are awful for a bit before picking up again. Throughout Wengers era, we have been like that. The mentality of the club has been piss poor and you'd have thought Wenger would do something to sort it over the years.

yeah the players who won the double twice and the league unbeaten were fucking awful and had such a poor mentality. fucking hell you talk some crap

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 11:58 AM
yeah the players who won the double twice and the league unbeaten were fucking awful and had such a poor mentality. fucking hell you talk some crap

Oh dear. Stop embarrasing yourself please.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Wenger is reported to have said that he will consider his future at Arsenal at the end of the season

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Arsene Wenger has dropped the biggest hint yet that he could leave Arsenal, as he admits that he is thinking only short-term and will assess his future in the summer.

Pressure has mounted on the French coach, as the north London side have started to feel the might of other Premier League sides' financial backing, but he has managed to stabilise his team after a shaky start.

Despite the commitment and dedication the 62-year-old has shown to the club over the last 15 years, critics have argued that the ex-Monaco coach's time in England could soon come to an end.

When asked by L'Equipe Mag whether he was starting a new long-term project at the Gunners, the Strasbourg-born man remained noncommittal.

“No. For me we're now talking short-term, it's obvious," he explained to the French magazine.

"But whether it's with me or someone else, it changes nothing. My successor needs foundations on which he can be successful."

Queried as to whether he would remain at the Arsenal helm for another 15 years, Wenger was clear in his convictions ("No"), and admitted that his future would be discussed at the end of the season.

"We'll look at things at the end of this one," he revealed.

Wenger's frustrations are partly based on the departures of key players likes Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas, and he has openly admitted this.

"For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity. I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in.

"[Bad results] broke the squad. I often call it 'the season of the last minute'," he concluded.

Arsenal travel to take on Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday as Wenger's improving side seek to close the gap between themselves and the Premier League's current top four.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/19/2764354/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-hints-that-this-season-could

Mentioned on GSS as well

Next summer cant come quick enough

Marc Overmars
19-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Bye.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 12:25 PM
The sun doing a welcome back, pre-game, assassination piece. Nothing new, in fact it's a bit old now.

Özim
19-11-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/19/2764354/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-hints-that-this-season-could

Mentioned on GSS as well

Next summer cant come quick enough
This is great news :d

Özim
19-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Bye.
x2

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Asked about it in the post match interview and he didnt deny it

Hes going by the looks of it

This season has just got better

Joker
19-11-2011, 03:05 PM
It's for the best if he leaves at the end of the season tbh. We've stagnated under Wenger, and his ambition simply seems to be a top 4 finish.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Definitely Wenger out. Now is the time to strike, when he's winning. He'll be off guard.

Sirjackofwilshere
19-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Hope he never leaves. Numerous players come and go, claiming to love the club but are shown by their actions to be selfish scrotes. What AW has done makes him a legend above and beyond every player, past and present.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Definitely Wenger out. Now is the time to strike, when he's winning. He'll be off guard.

Hes gone at the end of the season imo.

If so then Euro 2012, the Olympics and most importantly of the lot my birthday isnt the only reason to look forward to the summer.

Hope is rekindled. Lets just pray Wenger keeps us up this season and then the new manager can take us back to where we belong

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 03:57 PM

If so then Euro 2012, the Olympics and most importantly of the lot my birthday isnt the only reason to look forward to the summer.

Hope is rekindled. Lets just pray Wenger keeps us up this season and then the new manager can take us back to where we belong

Trouble is, if he gets us relegated then the damage is done and Owen Coyle is going to have a hell of a mess to pick up.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-11-2011, 03:58 PM
It's for the best if he leaves at the end of the season tbh. We've stagnated under Wenger, and his ambition simply seems to be a top 4 finish.

I think we all take that this season.

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 03:59 PM

its pretty sad that a fans hope is rekindled by the thought of the manger leaving rather then the manager turning the club around and going on a long winning run.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-11-2011, 03:59 PM

Well if the big 3 keep spending a new manager will make no diffrence we'd still finish 4th.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Well if the big 3 keep spending a new manager will make no diffrence we'd still finish 4th.

Maybe the new manager will do likewise unlike Wenger whos stuck in the middle ages

Xhaka Can’t
19-11-2011, 04:00 PM

I hope he wins us the double! The look on his face when we sack him will be priceless.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Yup. What we need is a Van Helsing to bravely venture into the board room and do the biz.

Dog Toffee
19-11-2011, 04:19 PM
When Wenger leaves Arsenal will turn into a classless team like Spurs quicker than a rabbit gets fucked.

Arsenal Fan
19-11-2011, 04:28 PM
"For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity. I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in," he said.

Oddly, this is nice to hear...

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 04:32 PM
"For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity. I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in," he said.

Oddly, this is nice to hear...He couldnt do anything about Nasri but Cesc going was down to Wenger so not much sympathy should be given

Letters
19-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Cesc going was down to Cesc.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Cesc was under contract. We didnt have to sell. Wenger went to the board and told them to sell for a lower price than what we wanted.

Id say thats down to Wenger

Xhaka Can’t
19-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Cesc was under contract. We didnt have to sell. Wenger went to the board and told them to sell for a lower price than what we wanted.

And if he went to Madrid, you'd splaff your crusty underpants.

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 05:01 PM

if we had kept him, and he wasnt playing great you would be shouting at wenger from the rooftops for not selling him. just stop hating on wenger, we know why you are, its cos he is proving you wrong game after game but you cant accept it

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 05:03 PM
if we had kept him, and he wasnt playing great you would be shouting at wenger from the rooftops for not selling him. just stop hating on wenger, we know why you are, its cos he is proving you wrong game after game but you cant accept it

:blink:

Yes 6th place is really proving me wrong

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 05:04 PM

Well yes, because you think we're going down.

Avoiding relegation is proving you wrong, surely?

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 05:04 PM
And if he went to Madrid, you'd splaff your crusty underpants.

Id rather he went to Madrid mainly cos Madrid would have paid what we asked without all the underhand tapping up Barca did.

Nevertheless that neither here or there.

Cesc going was down to Wenger being too soft on Cesc and not telling him to stfu and get on with it

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Well yes, because you think we're going down.

Yes cos i was serious about that :rolleyes:

Although if Wenger does continue on after this summer for a few more years then you never know

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Id rather he went to Madrid mainly cos Madrid would have paid what we asked without all the underhand tapping up Barca did.

Nevertheless that neither here or there.

Cesc going was down to Wenger being too soft on Cesc and not telling him to stfu and get on with it

he told him to last season, it didnt work. it was time for him to go. all blame lies at barcas door for tapping up. nothing we could have done.

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes cos i was serious about that :rolleyes:

Well you never know with with a WUM, as you yourself have said.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Well you never know with with a WUM, as you yourself have said.A sign of a good WUM that is. Keep his minions thinking it does

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 05:09 PM

thing is though, we are only out of the top four on goal difference. after teh start we had and everyone telling us we wont be near the top four, thats pretty much proving everyone wrong

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 05:12 PM
thing is though, we are only out of the top four on goal difference. after teh start we had and everyone telling us we wont be near the top four, thats pretty much proving everyone wrong
Being near the top 4 isnt in the top 4 so therefore i fail to see how Wenger has proved me wrong considering i said we wont finish in the top 4

Letters
19-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Before the season started I thought we still had a good team and would be favourites to finish 4th after Utd, City and Chelsea who looked pretty much certain to be top 3. It's harder to stay top 4 now because we now have two billionaire-fueled teams in there, you'd put your house on Utd (who also have a bigger budget and, I'd concede, a better manager than us). That only leaves 1 place.

Early season we looked scarily mid-table and I feared for us, we were desperately lacking confidence.

Clearly it was a difficult summer for Wenger and the club and the start to the season just compounded things. We're on a great run now and back in contention for top 4. You have to give Wenger credit for turning it around.

There are better managers out there but I don't think there are as many as some people on here suggest and it's certainly not true that any idiot could come in and suddenly we'd be winning the league again. We should have won the Carling Cup last year and IMO Wenger should have been sacked for that final defeat. He's clearly not going anywhere this season at least so we might as well get behind him and see how we go.

fakeyank
20-11-2011, 04:15 AM
Before the season started I thought we still had a good team and would be favourites to finish 4th after Utd, City and Chelsea who looked pretty much certain to be top 3. It's harder to stay top 4 now because we now have two billionaire-fueled teams in there, you'd put your house on Utd (who also have a bigger budget and, I'd concede, a better manager than us). That only leaves 1 place.

Early season we looked scarily mid-table and I feared for us, we were desperately lacking confidence.

Clearly it was a difficult summer for Wenger and the club and the start to the season just compounded things. We're on a great run now and back in contention for top 4. You have to give Wenger credit for turning it around.

There are better managers out there but I don't think there are as many as some people on here suggest and it's certainly not true that any idiot could come in and suddenly we'd be winning the league again. We should have won the Carling Cup last year and IMO Wenger should have been sacked for that final defeat. He's clearly not going anywhere this season at least so we might as well get behind him and see how we go.

I agree that its time to just accept that AW is not going anywhere and we migt as well accept that fact and get behind the team. I still think AW can be sacked mid season if necessary but we have a good vibe around the club and talking about his failings right now is just looking for negativity! I do also think AW has learnt his lesson and the squad although not as talented as before are definitely working together for the shirt... That is something i dont remember much of at AFC in the last 5 years

Japan Shaking All Over
20-11-2011, 06:00 AM

That would make sense :doh:. . . .you guys don't change your record because I realise now. . . .you aint fucking got one to change!

I can see Wenger now mapping out his master plan. . .

1) make fourth place ours
2) instruct players to throw games so we dont go any higher
3) resign

FFS we have won 10 out of our last 12. . .we still have plenty to work on. . .waiting for Jack to come back. . .hopefully make a few additions in Jan. . .we are the form team of the league (may be asides from Citeh, and just look at the resources they). . .after the shocking start, things are clicking and you guys still refuse to give AW any credit. . . I have said that I hope Wenger makes changes and that his days could be numbered if he refuses to see this but. . .at the moment I things can only get better, games against top teams are going to be tests but we showed Chelsea and there is no reason why we cant put up a battle agsinst the others. . .8:2 was a shock but one that wont be repeated in a hurry. . .

I say again and you refuse to give Wenger credit. . .

'You're blind baby, you're blind to the fact (of who you are). . . , Flava Flav

GP
20-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Remember when some morons were saying we were in a relegation fight? :lol:

Mongs

Power n Glory
20-11-2011, 08:50 AM
There is no denying we were right near the pit of the table and the team spirit looked at an all time low. It was pitiful to watch. None of the players looker happy at all. RVP wasn't playing how he's playing now and looked out of it, Theo looked pissed off and frustrated every game, but look at the goal celebration from the pair yesterday and it shows the team spirit has totally flipped.

We are on a run now and Wenger was right, a few wins and we can start building a run of wins then we'd see the confidence return. After the Carling Cup defeat, we were in relegation form. Real pitiful. I hope those days are behind us. Credit to Wenger for getting their heads back in the game. The transfers made a difference. I don't think we've seen the best of our transfer new boys and RVP is still leading the show, but if we'd have gone into the season without the last minute buys, I think we'd still be in some serious trouble. New signings can lift a team and we should have done this a lot earlier. Our bench is much stronger and we finally have competition for places in certain areas. We've been crying out for that for years. A mix of youth and experience. We're not in the clear yet but I'd say Wenger might as well see out the rest of his contract. It's a new team and they need time to gel.

But...we have to tie up a new contract for RVP and Walcott. I don't want to see a repeat of the nonsense we saw over the summer. Or if it can't be avoided, we have to buy experienced players that can take over. I don't want to see the same mistakes being made.

Xhaka Can’t
20-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree that its time to just accept that AW is not going anywhere and we migt as well accept that fact and get behind the team. I still think AW can be sacked mid season if necessary but we have a good vibe around the club and talking about his failings right now is just looking for negativity! I do also think AW has learnt his lesson and the squad although not as talented as before are definitely working together for the shirt... That is something i dont remember much of at AFC in the last 5 years

Who are you?

What have you done with Fakeyank?

Welcome to GW! :tiphat:

Xhaka Can’t
20-11-2011, 12:13 PM
PnG - your post sums up my thoughts on the matter. I do however struggle to see how we can hold on to Van Persie without there being significant investment elsewhere in the team. I have no doubt that RvP will continue to produce the effort he has until the last kick of the ball for us, but he will shortly be signing what will be the last major contract of his career. If he remains injury free, he will be in incredible demand. With the potential to be richly rewarded - financially, but more importantly, the opportunity to win football's major prizes.

I reckon we can match the financial rewards offered by others - but that would be the limit of what we can do under the current climate unless there is a complete 180 in our transfer policy. I just hope that when/if he does move on - it is not to City, which I actually believe would be a bad move for him anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-11-2011, 01:49 PM
There is no denying we were right near the pit of the table and the team spirit looked at an all time low. It was pitiful to watch. None of the players looker happy at all. RVP wasn't playing how he's playing now and looked out of it, Theo looked pissed off and frustrated every game, but look at the goal celebration from the pair yesterday and it shows the team spirit has totally flipped.

We are on a run now and Wenger was right, a few wins and we can start building a run of wins then we'd see the confidence return. After the Carling Cup defeat, we were in relegation form. Real pitiful. I hope those days are behind us. Credit to Wenger for getting their heads back in the game. The transfers made a difference. I don't think we've seen the best of our transfer new boys and RVP is still leading the show, but if we'd have gone into the season without the last minute buys, I think we'd still be in some serious trouble. New signings can lift a team and we should have done this a lot earlier. Our bench is much stronger and we finally have competition for places in certain areas. We've been crying out for that for years. A mix of youth and experience. We're not in the clear yet but I'd say Wenger might as well see out the rest of his contract. It's a new team and they need time to gel.

But...we have to tie up a new contract for RVP and Walcott. I don't want to see a repeat of the nonsense we saw over the summer. Or if it can't be avoided, we have to buy experienced players that can take over. I don't want to see the same mistakes being made.

:gp:

One hope is we streghen in Jan tbh, like FY and Zimm say lets be ambitious and try and go for 3rd because the barcodes will slip in th next few weeks, spuds will too sooner or later and chavs are their for the taking.

For me a CL place and a trophy will be success for us this season.

Marc Overmars
20-11-2011, 01:53 PM
4th place is not a cert this year, so for that reason I believe we'll strengthen in Jan.

Cripps_orig
20-11-2011, 02:28 PM
4th place is not a cert this year, so for that reason I believe we'll strengthen in Jan.In past years, that was the case but after reading what Wenger said, i doubt this will happen

What I said was that if I fell below the expectations of the club then I would consider my future.

"But that doesn't mean we have to finish top four. It is more about the players improving as a group and making progress.

So his expectations isnt top four but to see players improving.

In other words, he'll keep faith with these failures and we're fucked

Olivier's xmas twist
20-11-2011, 03:19 PM
In past years, that was the case but after reading what Wenger said, i doubt this will happen

So his expectations isnt top four but to see players improving.

In other words, he'll keep faith with these failures and we're fucked

when did he ever say that, where is the link.

Power n Glory
20-11-2011, 04:05 PM
PnG - your post sums up my thoughts on the matter. I do however struggle to see how we can hold on to Van Persie without there being significant investment elsewhere in the team. I have no doubt that RvP will continue to produce the effort he has until the last kick of the ball for us, but he will shortly be signing what will be the last major contract of his career. If he remains injury free, he will be in incredible demand. With the potential to be richly rewarded - financially, but more importantly, the opportunity to win football's major prizes.

I reckon we can match the financial rewards offered by others - but that would be the limit of what we can do under the current climate unless there is a complete 180 in our transfer policy. I just hope that when/if he does move on - it is not to City, which I actually believe would be a bad move for him anyway.

It will be interesting to see what clubs make a move for RVP. He'd be a fool to go to City. I can't see him making such a move. But, if Chelsea have any sense, they should throw in a bid. They need a striker like him because he can get assists as well as score goals. But I don't see him moving to another English club to be honest. I don't think Real or Barca will pursue him either. If they do, he'd be a squad player and RVP should be thinking about first team football at this stage of his career. He can't be battling out for a place in the squad and I can see that happening if he moves to Spain.

Italy and Germany are an option. Both leagues have fallen off the radar a bit, but I could see RVP at AC Milan for some reason. It's probably the Van Basten resemblance. Bayern could probably do with him ad well. But we will see who makes the most noise about him. So far there hasn't been any links.

Syn
20-11-2011, 04:30 PM
That's just it. I think there will be clubs interested but they won't be the best (Barca, Real Madrid) because of his age and I can't see him going anywhere else in England.

He'll stay.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lehechUr0t1qbdrf6o1_500.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luymny7pBX1qkpmjxo1_500.jpg

It's happening.

Power n Glory
20-11-2011, 04:57 PM
That's just it. I think there will be clubs interested but they won't be the best (Barca, Real Madrid) because of his age and I can't see him going anywhere else in England.

He'll stay.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lehechUr0t1qbdrf6o1_500.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luymny7pBX1qkpmjxo1_500.jpg

It's happening.

Lol. Good pics.

I hope he stays but a move to one of the big clubs might not be all that attractive to him anyway. I can't see them building a squad around him, he'd have to fit in to their system. But a move to Italy or Germany could actually be more attractive. Been thinking about this a little and I think stability and ambition are two main factors he's looking for in a club. How long does Wenger have left on his contract and will this club do what it takes to go for silverware this year and next? If a club comes in for him and shoes serious ambition and talks the talk, I can see him opting to one of the big clubs in Germany or Italy if we don't play our cards right.

A title in Germany or Italy is better than nothing at all here.

fakeyank
20-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Who are you?

What have you done with Fakeyank?

Welcome to GW! :tiphat:
:Lol:

I have said this before.. nothing will make me happier than AW proving me wrong. At the moment we are playing good football and more importantly looking like a team that gives a fuck! Do i think AW is the right person for the job? No, i think we have better options than him.. we are still one injury away from being toothless up front.. imo we need to be playing a 442 to make the best use of our squad.

However there is a positive vibe around the club and I want it to continue.

selassie
21-11-2011, 09:22 AM
4th place is not a cert this year, so for that reason I believe we'll strengthen in Jan.

Yep, we're a RVP injury away from our season ending.

I think adequate cover for RVP & a Goetze type signing is the bare minimum required in the January window.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 01:11 PM
CARLO ANCELOTTI will be a candidate to replace Arsene Wenger — if the Frenchman decides to quit the Gunners.

The former Chelsea boss has made it clear he wants another job in the Premier League and that it must be with a club which can challenge for honours.

He has been to the Emirates this season and his name is being mentioned as a possible replacement for Wenger.

No one at Arsenal wants Wenger to quit but he opened the debate about his future in an interview with French paper L'Equipe.

In the article Wenger, 62, indicated he would consider his position at the end of the season.

But he did insist over the weekend he would see out his current contract which runs until 2014.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3950385/Carlo-Ancelotti-in-frame-if-Arsene-Wenger-quits-Arsenal.html

Ancelotti :bow: