PDA

View Full Version : To boo or not to boo

The Dismantler
20-08-2011, 07:36 AM
looks more likely smear nasry may play a part in today's game v liverpool! is it acceptable for us to vent our frustation at what we think is lack of 'loyalty' from our players via booing and singing x-rated chants at our home stadium? i think its unacceptable, if he wants to leave he can do so. its not like he's done a Cashley, remember the biography that flopped; nearly swerving off the road; the tapping up scandal oh, and shagging cheryl tweed!so go on nasri, gi it ya best son!!

Fats
20-08-2011, 07:51 AM
boo the manager not the players.

If the manager put a team together that competed for trophies players would not want to leave whether or not money is their motivation.

I think thats all you can do is boo to show your frustration. Dont go with all the bullshit it dont help. The manager not willing to see what is obvious does not help either so BOO for all your worth.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 07:53 AM
not

Boss
20-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Wenger should be booed hard, yes.

Can't really fault any of the players left at the club, bar Almunia if he shows up.

Letters
20-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Tbh if we lose today it's not the player's fault. I've no doubt they'll try their best but morale must be low, we're selling our best players and not replacing them. It's not giving us much chance. Booing won't help.

Boss
20-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Always boo at the end of a game, not during it obviously.

Most fans are too thick too do that, unfortunately.

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Boo him enough and Wenger will leave. His ego can't take it and he wouldn't stay on. He hasn't reacted well to the pressure from the fans. Don't believe that nonsense of him honouring his contract either. He has no problem going back on his words as seen in recent months.

Saying that, I think this card should be played towards the end of the season of he hasn't delivered. We can't go through the season without a manager. Also, no point in booing Nasri now. Wait until after the game if anything.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Nasri wont play today.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I think supporters roundly boo'ing the team during and after games might have a negative impact on the desire of potential incoming players to sign with us. That's assuming we're actually looking to bring in any players before the window closes which may not be the case. But yeah, if you were Gary Cahill and had two identical offers sitting there - Arsenal and someone else - and you've been watching Arsenal get boo'ed every week, would you not more readily choose the other club, all things being equal.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I think supporters roundly boo'ing the team during and after games might have a negative impact on the desire of potential incoming players to sign with us. That's assuming we're actually looking to bring in any players before the window closes which may not be the case. But yeah, if you were Gary Cahill and had two identical offers sitting there - Arsenal and someone else - and you've been watching Arsenal get boo'ed every week, would you not more readily choose the other club, all things being equal.

Nah, any outsider can see that the fans are only booing because they are frustrated. I dont see whhy any professional would be put off.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Nasri will never play, so no boos for him. Start booing when you find out what's really going on. I don't know if I'm becoming delusional myself but I believe less and less each day Wenger is behind this disastrous summer. Yes, he's behind last season's collapse, he has to carry the can for that. But it makes no sense whatsoever that having seen that collapse he would cut into the squad, flog the players and sit on his hands in the transfer market. It's his reputation that's going down the shitter with the club. Why is he going to do that? Why would he not "spend some fucking money" as an obvious solution? I smell Stan Kroenke and his stench is getting worse by the day. I think we may have landed ourselves the most miserly owner in the history of football. I mean after all, it's us!

So I think the "spend some fucking money" chants are good because they don't pin the blame solely on any one person. If they developed into, "Spend some fucking money Stan you tight cunt - or else fuck off and die you horrible shit bag yank fuck!", that would probably be okay, firm but not too personal, just the right balance.

Özim
20-08-2011, 09:12 AM
boo the manager not the players.

If the manager put a team together that competed for trophies players would not want to leave whether or not money is their motivation.

I think thats all you can do is boo to show your frustration. Dont go with all the bullshit it dont help. The manager not willing to see what is obvious does not help either so BOO for all your worth.
Totally agree, was good to see a few Arsenal fans boing him last week when he arrived in Newcastle.

The manager and his attitude and policy is the problem, booing him makes sense.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Nah, any outsider can see that the fans are only booing because they are frustrated. I dont see whhy any professional would be put off.

But yes, why are the fans frustrated? Would the cause of that, an apparent complete lack of ambition and a club seemingly in disarray, not cause some players at the higher levels to pause and consider whether the club is actually right for them? Yes, a smart player would have figured out some of the issues for themselves, boo'ing or not, but boo'ing drives the point home and that is, this club is not in a good place right now.

Özim
20-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Nasri will never play, so no boos for him. Start booing when you find out what's really going on. I don't know if I'm becoming delusional myself but I believe less and less each day Wenger is behind this disastrous summer. Yes, he's behind last season's collapse, he has to carry the can for that. But it makes no sense whatsoever that having seen that collapse he would cut into the squad, flog the players and sit on his hands in the transfer market. It's his reputation that's going down the shitter with the club. Why is he going to do that? Why would he not "spend some fucking money" as an obvious solution? I smell Stan Kroenke and his stench is getting worse by the day. I think we may have landed ourselves the most miserly owner in the history of football. I mean after all, it's us!

So I think the "spend some fucking money" chants are good because they don't pin the blame solely on any one person. If they developed into, "Spend some fucking money Stan you tight cunt - or else fuck off and die you horrible shit bag yank fuck!", that would probably be okay, firm but not too personal, just the right balance.
I don't really believe this, Wenger has always been tight...he's a man of principles and he sets a market value for a player and if a club wants more he won't buy him.

We've seen the sort of signings he's gone for, even when top players like VDV for example were available for good prices.

The guy is deluded, he lives in his own little world even blaming the press for making the fans react negatively........he just doesn't see the reality of the situation, moreover he's aways whining about richer clubs.

Letters
20-08-2011, 09:54 AM

:gp:

Wenger has either gone absolutely MENTAL, or something else is going on. My feeling is the latter.
I definitely don't think he is entirely to blame for this mess although he has to carry the can for other things like mental weakness and defensive disorganisation.

Özim
20-08-2011, 09:57 AM
He's been making weird decisions for years, he's also been saying odd things for years...I think it's the former personally.

He even thinks 4th place is a "major trophy", it's comical.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:15 AM
You do know he merely compared the difficulty of coming 4th with winning a trophy? It's a metaphor, look it up some time.

I dunno if Nasri is going to get booed but I think he's probably smart enough to know that the truth is out about how much he cares for the club so I doubt it'd bother him too much, even if he's playing, I think we'd get the exact same performance regardless of what the fans did, he doesn't care enough to take us into consideration.

Booing in general can make your feelings known about a particular performance and it's your prerogative to do whatever the hell you want but the kind of players I want here are the ones that take responsibility for their performances and the team, those are the guys that will feel booing more than the guys with egos who will just say to themselves 'yeah, Wenger has fucked this up, otherwise, why wouldn't I be scoring 40 goals a season?', they're the guys who will feel bad about the fans being disappointed and won't think about what Wenger did wrong but what they did wrong.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:29 AM
If you boo when Wenger arrives it's pretty clear who is getting booed, if you bring banners in with Wenger's name it will also be clear who's to blame.

He's had it far too easy for far too long IMO.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 10:29 AM
1. Nasri wont play.
2. Don't boo during the game but boo like fuck on the final whistle when we've lost. We need to force Wenger out.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:40 AM
If you boo when Wenger arrives it's pretty clear who is getting booed, if you bring banners in with Wenger's name it will also be clear who's to blame.

He's had it far too easy for far too long IMO.

I don't think that's how the players feel though, do they get booed when they win? It's pretty clear that the performances initiate the booing rather than anything else and if I was the kinda guy who wanted the club to do well and wanted to make the fans happy (i.e. the guys we all want at the club) I'd feel it more than the players who are the problem imo.

Ofc, I'm probably wrong and it's all far too romantic to actually think that players care about the club or the fans so no-one ever takes it to heart and they understand it's purely down to an issue with transfer policy.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't think that's how the players feel though, do they get booed when they win? It's pretty clear that the performances initiate the booing rather than anything else and if I was the kinda guy who wanted the club to do well and wanted to make the fans happy (i.e. the guys we all want at the club) I'd feel it more than the players who are the problem imo.

Ofc, I'm probably wrong and it's all far too romantic to actually think that players care about the club or the fans so no-one ever takes it to heart and they understand it's purely down to an issue with transfer policy.
Well last week Wenger got booed upon arrival, nothing to do with the match, that works for me, moreover if you boo Wenger before the match then it's nothing to do with performance.

I do think we seem to be one of the few clubs who just sit there and accept what's going on, at some other clubs fans are much more vocal about their opinions and do get change as a result.

I don't really blame the players, because at the end of the day Wenger is the one that brings them in, picks them, chooses how they should player etc and should be the one that disciplines them and tells them if they're not performing.

If they don't perform he should be the one to drop or sell them as well.

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 10:49 AM

I don't agree with that one. With the Nasri situation, the board may have spoken some sense into him and we've decided to sell. That would be a good thing because what Wenger was proposing was ludicrous. That's one possibility. But Wenger came out last week and said the fans played their part in this Nasri fiasco because of the chants going around at Newcastle. How can a guy be so brazen and critical of the fans behaviour towards a player, but have nothing to say about the board if he felt they've acted in the wrong way? In each interview he has said we're looking for the right players and it has nothing to do with money. He's gone out of his way to defend the board but has no qualms about telling the fans how to behave.

If he's been told to put on a brave face and be the shield, then we've judged Wenger all wrong over the years. That's a yes man, a weakling and follower. That doesn't sound like Wenger. He usually gives his own opinion on a situation, speaks his mind and not afraid to ruffle feathers when he speaks. He freely talks about other clubs finances, how they're run, refs, even players. Think about the 'dark side' comments on Paul Scholes. Journalists weren't fishing for dirt on Scholes when they asked him about his career, he just freely offered up his opinion. This is Wenger. He's not hiding behind the board.

We spent £15m on Oxo Cube, a player that's not Prem ready and we have a midfield crisis going into this Liverpool game. That's his choice. No one forced him to make that signing for that money. In fact, the board should have asking him if he's sure about him and he'd have given them his seal of approval. He loves working with young players and he's fulfilling his hearts desire.

http://www.soccernews.com/soccer-transfers/english-premier-league-transfers/

Check out the transfer that have happened this year in the Prem, Spain, Italy and the rest of Europe. Look at the fees. Wenger can't talk this nonsense about price and quality. They're are guys with International experience going to clubs on free transfers. Can't blame Stan because he has no history of being tight. Wenger has been here for years and he's recommending the staff he gets to work with. He interviewed Gazidis for his job.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's fair enough, when it's obvious it's at Wenger.

We're really not one of the clubs that sits there and takes it imo, I'm guessing most teams don't get booed at meaningless pre-season games and if the club ever want to know what fans think there's a pretty large Arsenal presence on the internet, a dark, brooding presence but it's there.

And on the topic of fans getting change, Newcastle were very vocal about getting rid of Robson and then they got relegated, listening and appeasing fans isn't always the best choice.

selassie
20-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't agree with that one. With the Nasri situation, the board may have spoken some sense into him and we've decided to sell. That would be a good thing because what Wenger was proposing was ludicrous. That's one possibility. But Wenger came out last week and said the fans played their part in this Nasri fiasco because of the chants going around at Newcastle. How can a guy be so brazen and critical of the fans behaviour towards a player, but have nothing to say about the board if he felt they've acted in the wrong way? In each interview he has said we're looking for the right players and it has nothing to do with money. He's gone out of his way to defend the board but has no qualms about telling the fans how to behave.

If he's been told to put on a brave face and be the shield, then we've judged Wenger all wrong over the years. That's a yes man, a weakling and follower. That doesn't sound like Wenger. He usually gives his own opinion on a situation, speaks his mind and not afraid to ruffle feathers when he speaks. He freely talks about other clubs finances, how they're run, refs, even players. Think about the 'dark side' comments on Paul Scholes. Journalists weren't fishing for dirt on Scholes when they asked him about his career, he just freely offered up his opinion. This is Wenger. He's not hiding behind the board.

We spent £15m on Oxo Cube, a player that's not Prem ready and we have a midfield crisis going into this Liverpool game. That's his choice. No one forced him to make that signing for that money. In fact, the board should have asking him if he's sure about him and he'd have given them his seal of approval. He loves working with young players and he's fulfilling his hearts desire.

http://www.soccernews.com/soccer-transfers/english-premier-league-transfers/

Check out the transfer that have happened this year in the Prem, Spain, Italy and the rest of Europe. Look at the fees. Wenger can't talk this nonsense about price and quality. They're are guys with International experience going to clubs on free transfers. Can't blame Stan because he has no history of being tight. Wenger has been here for years and he's recommending the staff he gets to work with. He interviewed Gazidis for his job.

This.

Whilst I don't think it's fair to squarely shoulder all of the blame on Wenger what is clear is that he makes all of the Technical decisions .

The team is in desperate need of a Experienced CB or CM, they can be bought for 15million, Wenger choose to spend the best part of 15million on a 17 year old a few weeks back.

Sure there are other factors to signing young potential, low wages being one benefit, but at some point especially if high earners are leaving the club, you need to make a decision to bring in a experienced high earner from time to time. Our strategy is very much sell high, buy low...basically, maximise your income, minimise your outgoings.

There is only so long you can get away with this strategy and Wenger is now finding out that us supporters won't put up with paying the highest prices in Football to watch a glorified youth team built on "flawed ideologies".

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Nasri starts

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I don't really believe this, Wenger has always been tight...he's a man of principles and he sets a market value for a player and if a club wants more he won't buy him.

We've seen the sort of signings he's gone for, even when top players like VDV for example were available for good prices.

The guy is deluded, he lives in his own little world even blaming the press for making the fans react negatively........he just doesn't see the reality of the situation, moreover he's aways whining about richer clubs.

wtf would we have bought him when we never needed him, if he was avalible now then yes we may have bid for him.

why boo the manager he don't care either way, he will still be stubbon, its a waste of breath tbh.

Özim
20-08-2011, 11:17 AM
wtf would we have bought him when we never needed him, if he was avalible now then yes we may have bid for him.

why boo the manager he don't care either way, he will still be stubbon, its a waste of breath tbh.
Why he's better that what we had, we could have sold someone to accommodate him, but he's just one example anyway.

As for booing him, totally disagree and this is why nothing will ever change...noone does anything...noone can ignore heavy booing, they'll get the message.

It sends a message out that fans are very unhappy, sitting there like lemmings doesn't.

Joker
20-08-2011, 11:22 AM
He deserves to be booed, but it would be counter productive.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Why he's better that what we had, we could have sold someone to accommodate him.

As for booing him, totally disagree and this is why nothing will ever change...noone does anything...noone can ignore heavy booing, they'll get the message.

It sends a message out that fans are very unhappy, sitting there like lemmings doesn't.

No he was not Fabregas was much much better and Nasri, he hwoulod have never started before them.

now he is better then what we have.

If you boo the team will think your booing them getting disracted and loose. If you want to protest against th manager a better way would be to do it on a march chanting AW out etc.

all booing does is make the team even more fragile.

As long as people are making up the numbers in the stands nothing will ever change. If their is silence in the ground(not many fans) that will send out a message booing shows them yeah they may not be happy but they are still paying to come here.

Özim
20-08-2011, 11:29 AM
No he was not Fabregas was much much better and Nasri, he hwoulod have never started before them.

now he is better then what we have.

If you boo the team will think your booing them getting disracted and loose. If you want to protest against th manager a better way would be to do it on a march chanting AW out etc.

all booing does is make the team even more fragile.

As long as people are making up the numbers in the stands nothing will ever change. If their is silence in the ground(not many fans) that will send out a message booing shows them yeah they may not be happy but they are still paying to come here.
I agree that the fans should not turn up but it doesn't look like that will happen.

I don't think booing Wenger or having banners out will affect the team personally, however if it does so be it...I'm past caring now just want the manager to leave, if it affects the team it affects the team...just shows they're not up to it really, I don't think we're all that great anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree that the fans should not turn up but it doesn't look like that will happen.

I don't think booing Wenger or having banners out will affect the team personally, however if it does so be it...I'm past caring now just want the manager to leave, if it affects the team it affects the team...just shows they're not up to it really, I don't think we're all that great anyway.

You may get your wish in a week tbh if things don't turn out good tbh.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 11:53 AM
No

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Paying all that money to watch a bunch of kids, damn right I'd boo.

The Dismantler
20-08-2011, 12:56 PM
looks like he's staying then!

Özim
20-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Looks like the stadium wasn't full today, tide seems to be turning.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 01:50 PM
A lot more tickets will go on general sale this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks like the stadium wasn't full today, tide seems to be turning. thats the way to do it tbh.

was their boos too never saw the end has the rain fecked up my sky

Boss
20-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Heard a few boos after their second, turned it off at that point.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Yes there were boos at the end

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 07:56 PM

This.

Whilst I don't think it's fair to squarely shoulder all of the blame on Wenger what is clear is that he makes all of the Technical decisions .

The team is in desperate need of a Experienced CB or CM, they can be bought for 15million, Wenger choose to spend the best part of 15million on a 17 year old a few weeks back.

Sure there are other factors to signing young potential, low wages being one benefit, but at some point especially if high earners are leaving the club, you need to make a decision to bring in a experienced high earner from time to time. Our strategy is very much sell high, buy low...basically, maximise your income, minimise your outgoings.

There is only so long you can get away with this strategy and Wenger is now finding out that us supporters won't put up with paying the highest prices in Football to watch a glorified youth team built on "flawed ideologies".

I really feel sour and bitter about situation. It's a total stitch up. His whole philosophy is based on bringing up youngsters and he had no intention of bringing in established players.

alexander
20-08-2011, 08:47 PM
If I pay the cash and I want to boo, I will. Only fair.

Fats
21-08-2011, 12:33 PM
If I pay the cash and I want to boo, I will. Only fair.

True