PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Liverpool

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Vermaelen :bow:

That is all

The Dismantler
20-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Is there any bigger sign to the BOD that we need need to sign quality players??is there? i dont think so ....relegation worries anyone?

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Hardly a surprising result, this squad is in terrible shape and the club is at a real low point.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Bringing players is a must tbh, Thought we played ok till the sending off and Kos going off did not help tbh, Good perfoance from the GK, Frimpong(even if he did get sent off), TV5 was excellent, so was Miquel did well.

Theo/Arshavin and RVP were hugely dissapointing tbh.

selassie
20-08-2011, 01:44 PM
We huffed and puffed but ultimately ran out of steam.

Like MO said the squad is in terrible shape, I really don't know where we go from here.

Thierrymon
20-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Alright, time to guess Wengers post match comments.

I'm going with "Ze spirit is very good in ze team".

Cripps_orig
Not surprised with it.

In fact the team especially the defence played rather well.

Our attack is awful though.

And we have the worst manager in the business. Not a good combo

Can anyone blame Nasri for leaving this shower of shite?

Niall_Quinn
Certainly mid table worries. But a lot of the team played well today under the circumstances. It's not their fault the management has left the squad so poorly equipped for the challenge. And after years of suffering with injuries, if Wenger tries to blame injuries for our predicament it just shows there's no serious intention to correct the problems and there probably never has been.

Xhosa_Gunner
The way things are going ... we heading for championship. :coffee:

Özim
Very ordinary looking team, squad lacks quality and depth.....if we don't sign some quality very soon the season is going to be a disaster. The defend did well enough, but the attack was non existent.

No chance of getting top 4 if we don't sign players IMO.

Olivier's xmas twist
Hardly a surprising result, this squad is in terrible shape and the club is at a real low point.

This, Not sure we will beat Udinese now tbh

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2011, 01:46 PM
We were fine until frimpong got sent off.

Probably couldve snatched a 1-0 win if we had 11 on the pitch.

After that though, wenger brought on lansbury and fucking bendtner and we were fucked.

He has to buy now or we are in for a real shit season.

Cripps_orig
Alright, time to guess Wengers post match comments.

I'm going with "Ze spirit is very good in ze team".

"If we had kept 11 v 11, we'd have won. Frimpong sending off changed the game"

Of course being outplayted for the 70 mins before hand wont come in to his thinking

Olivier's xmas twist
The way things are going ... we heading for championship. :coffee:

Don't be silly

selassie
This, Not sure we will beat Udinese now tbh

Honestly...I can see us losing there & going out.

Master Splinter
Did well considering the team we had out, plus the injuries and sending off.

Vermaelen, Szczesny, Jenkinson, Frimpong all excellent.

Arshavin, Ramsey and Walcott had shockers.

Arshavin should be made to play for the under-5s.

Liverpool didn't really do much and had to rely on a freak goal.

On to the next game.

Joker
******* has fucked up so badly. How can we go into the season with SUCH A FUCKING WEAK SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off Wenger you twat, you've dismantled what was once a top quality squad, and now we're fighting for a UEFA cup place.

Özim
20-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Liverpool didn't really do much and had to rely on a freak goal.
No they won 2-0

Asthmatic Kitty
20-08-2011, 01:48 PM
so glad we've got another moron who doesn't realise that if you have a yellow card diving in left, right and centre isn't a good idea.

Grebbo
Not a surprise.

We're going out of the Champs Lge as well.

Nothing will change until WENGER FUCKS OFF.

Özim
"If we had kept 11 v 11, we'd have won. Frimpong sending off changed the game"

Of course being outplayted for the 70 mins before hand wont come in to his thinking
Pretty much, we were never going to win this even with 11 on the pitch....we barely created a chance.

milla
Vermaelan, Frimpong, Jenkinson, Szec3ney and Nasri had a good game.

Ramsey, Arshavin and Theo were poor. No service for VP what so ever.

If Nasri go, we seriously need creative CM to play with Wilshere. Miyachi and AOC must step up now, I dont like to see Arshavin starting on a basis of higher wages over the two. :Coffee:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 01:49 PM
More importantly, Jose Enrique is someone we should have got.

£6m is a steal

Wenger :doh:

MS :haha:

gunnerrrrr
20-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Add a world class striker to the much needed list

fakeyank
Honestly...I can see us losing there & going out.

Do you care to see us in the CL really? Whats the point? We will only make up the numbers and get out in 2nd round.. It will undoubtedly make the club richer but really, whats the fucking point?

Kano
frimpong was amazing, but saw that second yellow coming from the first half.

great effort from the team. for those that don't want 'money grabbing merchants' in our team and eleven that care (ok, bar arshavin) then this is it. All effort very little talent.

really really unlucky with their first, miguel done a grand job too.

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 01:51 PM

£6m is a steal

:gp:

C'mon.. it'd have killed Gibbs and Traore though :haha:

StamfordBrdige
20-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Couple of things:

1) Scztryhzyt is seriously awesome
2) Liverpool are fucking awful
3) Scztryhzyt is seriously awesome
4) Your squad is seriously bad and needs some quality
5) Scztryhzyt is seriously awesome

Some will blame the sending off but prior to that i can only think of 2 good chances that you created. I was pretty sure that if you didn't sign anyone Liverpool would beat you to 4th place but having just seen them i'm not so sure. They really suck and need to up their game if they really want that 4th place.

What is clear though is that the likes of Jenkinson, Frimpong & Ramsey should not be starting for a club with alleged ambitions of the title (realistically 4th place). If you had a better squad your backup would be much better than frimpong, jenkinson etc.

Özim
20-08-2011, 01:52 PM
What we're seeing is how important Cesc was, as I'd mentioned a while back when he didn't play we looked toothless...and that's what's happening.

Wenger built a side around on player who eventually lost the belief in him (rightly so) and he didn't even have anyone lined up to replace him. Amateur management.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Vermaelen and Sczesczny were great. Walcott and Arshavin were the poorest thing on the pitch. RVP was not fed.

Frimpong, well, we´ll see his power, and his face loking at a red card, very often if he´s played. He´s already a beast yes, now let´s wait for him to become a footballer.

The squad is decimated, and with no new ready to play signings, it will get worse. And it appears Wenger has not decided which players would benefit the team, as he continues saying "if we find the right player at...". Does he even have a rough list of what he needs? I´m beginning to doubt it.

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 01:53 PM

£6m is a steal

This would work if he did anything of worth.

Henderson was on the winning side too, doesn't mean he played well.

milla
20-08-2011, 01:54 PM
What we're seeing is how important Cesc was, as I'd mentioned a while back when he didn't play we looked toothless...and that's what's happening.

Wenger built a side around on player who eventually lost the belief in him (rightly so) and he didn't even have anyone lined up to replace him. Amateur management.

That's true, without Fab, our strikers were lost today, in fact they were lost in the last 2 games too. :coffee:

AKBapologist
20-08-2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/121532848.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Do you care to see us in the CL really? Whats the point? We will only make up the numbers and get out in 2nd round.. It will undoubtedly make the club richer but really, whats the fucking point?

nah we only loose in the Europa league to porto anyway,

But id not be too dissapointed if we went into the europa league because i can't see anyone but barca winning the cl anyway.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 01:55 PM

He was MOTM :doh:

Enrique, not Henderson that is

In short

Up there with the "Nasri was awesome in the middle last season" shocker

selassie
20-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Yeah I know.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 01:56 PM
It's amazing how quickly and dramatically we've gone from a proper contender for winning the league to being a team fighting to avoid dropping into mid-table areas. I suppose that it's fair to note that we have a stronger team than what we saw today what with 8-10 players injured/suspended. With everybody back I'm confident we can avoid dropping any further than 6th/7th.

Joker
20-08-2011, 01:57 PM
*******'s likely post match comments:

On the need for a defender:
No we don't need another defender, we already have 5, Miquel showed he can play at the top level and don't forget we can play Squillaci there as well you know. We have to respect the rules you know, we can't spend £100M on Messi you know?

On the need for a midfielder:
I don't think so, because Frimpong did well and didn't deserve to be sent off. Don't forget Song is coming back from suspension and he'll be like a new signing. The market is saturated and it's hard to find super quality.

On the fans' frustrations:
I can understand the fans' disappointment, but they don't understand that the primary objective of Arsenal Holdings Company PLC is to return value for the shareholder, so we are actually succeeding with our primary objective. I will educate the fans about the need to respect the free market and why our sustainable business model is the way forward.

Cripps_orig
Gary Neville is a good pundit

fakeyank
He was MOTM :doh:

Enrique, not Henderson that is

In short

Up there with the "Nasri was awesome in the middle last season" shocker

Enrique was the second best player on the pitch after TV.. he had walcott in his pocket. 6 million quid and we'd have had a solid LB.

Arsene :rose:

MS :rose:

Daniele
20-08-2011, 01:58 PM
it is even difficult to begin with. The good players have gone or are going and crap players like Arshavin and Chamakh have stayed. Then we have half-players like RVP and Walcott who can't even chest the ball down and whose delivery is woeful.

With the squad we have got at the moment this is the best we could get; a goalless draw. The youngsters did their bit but Frimpong's had his sending off coming...

The question I'd like to ask is a different one: how come we have become so poor? We are not in the red but we are unable to sign decent players. Look at the squad we have got: 4th place is not a realistical target.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I hate to say it but Wenger is really tarnishing his reputation, I feel this is the lowest ebb the club has been at under him.

The next couple of weeks can't pass quickly enough because we're so desperate for new faces.

Come on Arsenal. :(

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 01:59 PM
On a positive note, i dont think we will lose another game under Wenger Hopefully cos the cunt is sacked asap

Özim
20-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Thing they said it was the 1st opening home game defeat in 10 years.

6 years of building and this is what it's come to, unf*ckingbelievable.

Cripps_orig
I hate to say it but Wenger is really tarnishing his reputation, I feel this is the lowest ebb the club has been at under him.

The next couple of weeks can't pass quickly enough because we're so desperate for new faces.

Come on Arsenal. :(

Its already tarnished.

Said it previously but i think the last 6 years will be his legacy instead of what he did before that

Master Splinter
He was MOTM

Which, if you had any sense, would realise was completely wrong.

And using Sky to back up your opinion again doesn't strengthen your argument.

If this is the only 'shocker' you can use against me, it seems you're already desperate. I thought you were just warming up your WUMming muscles?

Seems your season is already over.

:wave:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:01 PM

First time in 40 odd years we have failed to score in opening 2 games as well

Thierrymon
I felt bad for Ramsey. Obviously having a hard time today and shoulda been subbed but there was no one. Put more pressure on him.

Young players need to be brought into a mature side gradually, not thrown to the wolves with no one around them to help.

fakeyank
On a positive note, i dont think we will lose another game under Wenger Hopefully cos the cunt is sacked asap

He is getting sacked?! :)

When?!!!

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Which, if you had any sense, would realise was completely wrong.

And using Sky to back up your opinion again doesn't strengthen your argument.

Yes completely wrong cos it makes you look a mong :lol: Just accept you were wrong

Elreactor

A player like Jose Enrique, at only 25 and only 6M, would have been great for us and stepped right into the starting 11 far ahead from the not-yet-projects of a player that are Gibbs and Traore.

Joker
Enrique was the second best player on the pitch after TV.. he had walcott in his pocket. 6 million quid and we'd have had a solid LB.

Arsene :rose:

MS :rose:

No question Enrique was very good, and only cost Liverpool £6M. Yet Arsene Wanker claims there are no quality players out there available for a good price. What a blind twat.

selassie
20-08-2011, 02:03 PM
*******'s likely post match comments:

On the need for a defender:
No we don't need another defender, we already have 5, Miquel showed he can play at the top level and don't forget we can play Squillaci there as well you know. We have to respect the rules you know, we can't spend £100M on Messi you know?

On the need for a midfielder:
I don't think so, because Frimpong did well and didn't deserve to be sent off. Don't forget Song is coming back from suspension and he'll be like a new signing. The market is saturated and it's hard to find super quality.

On the fans' frustrations:
I can understand the fans' disappointment, but they don't understand that the primary objective of Arsenal Holdings Company PLC is to return value for the shareholder, so we are actually succeeding with our primary objective. I will educate the fans about the need to respect the free market and why our sustainable business model is the way forward.

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Yes completely wrong cos it makes you look a mong :lol: Just accept you were wrong

Yeah stop it both of you.

Özim
A player like Jose Enrique, at only 25 and only 6M, would have been great for us and stepped right into the starting 11 far ahead from the not-yet-projects of a player that are Gibbs and Traore.
Gibbs isn't a project, not unless you want a guinea pig to test new medical procedures on :coffee:

I'm at a loss at to why our manager can't see the obvious that even the average fan can predict.

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:04 PM

fuc*ing unbelievable. Unbeievable.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 02:05 PM
was hoping for a draw before Frimpong went off and 0:0 was on the cards as there was no attacking directness.

With the state of the team I would try and play two up front but we wont do this in our next two games as we will have to load the midfield

The rookies played well, Miquel was lost at times but stood up well and Frimpong and Jenkinson were good too
Verms was immense and the defence again looked solidish (didnt see Euro game) but the midfield and attack apart from the odd shot looked average, RvP already looks like he is carrying a weight (captaincy?) and Arshavin/Walcott were not good and should have been taken off before

Nasbo did as much as I imagined he would, obvious we wont see him mid week, well not unless the rumours are true. . . .lastly Wenger looks shot through, we are going to have to stick with him for a while cos there arent any reolacements to be had. . . .unless Bruce Rioch wants his job back. . . .remember him?

Cripps_orig
Yeah stop it both of you.

:good:

Just listened to Dalglishs interview.

Any translators around?

Daniele
This is the worst we have been in 15 years

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 02:06 PM
fuc*ing unbelievable. Unbeievable.

He hasn't spoken to the media yet, that was just a mock-up!

Marc Overmars

Yep.

Whilst I don't think Enrique is a world beater it's quite clear that he's a fairly solid and proven Premier League footballer. There was no reason why we couldn't compete for his signature, as soon as he burnt his bridges at Newcastle we should have been all over him like a rash.

But no, for some inexplicable reason this club is as unambitious as you will get in the transfer market.

Boss

Pretty much.

Not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Cripps_orig
Also Downing, another player we were linked with was very good as well.

Elreactor
I felt bad for Ramsey. Obviously having a hard time today and shoulda been subbed but there was no one. Put more pressure on him.

Young players need to be brought into a mature side gradually, not thrown to the wolves with no one around them to help.

Exactly, we have no alternatives! Ramsey and Miquel aren´t to blame for the goal, for example, not at all. Considering it was Luis Suarez these kids were dealing with, one must accept their effort and applaud them. What else could they do, step out of the pitch for not having better team mates maybe?

Joker
20-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Pretty much.

Not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Exactly, I don't see how anyone can say Enrique wouldn't be an improvement on Gibbs and Traore.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Also Downing, another player we were linked with was very good as well.

He's in my GW team

Downing :bow:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Stupid twats in the Sky studio now creating a good performance by Pool out of thin air. They were ordinary. But the scoreline suddenly creates all these amazing personal performances that never actually happened. Like Downing, yeah he was okay. Nothing special. Untik the guys in the studio get stuck in.

Tommy MOM by two million miles, regardless of the score.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Exactly, we have no alternatives! Ramsey and Miquel aren´t to blame for the goal, for example, not at all. Considering it was Luis Suarez these kids were dealing with, one must accept their effort and applaud them. What else could they do, step out of the pitch for not having better team mates maybe?

It'd be foolish to blame either player for the own goal.

However doesnt change the fact, Ramsey was piss poor

Özim
20-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Stupid twats in the Sky studio now creating a good performance by Pool out of thin air. They were ordinary. But the scoreline suddenly creates all these amazing personal performances that never actually happened. Like Downing, yeah he was okay. Nothing special. Untik the guys in the studio get stuck in.

They weren't great, but at least they did attack.....we were devoid of ideas to be honest.....how many chances did we actually create.

In the 1st half they dominated for most of it, think we had a good 5 minute spell at the end but other than that we were pretty much largely stuck in our half.

At the end of the day they'll be happy, they did what they had to do and won.

Olivier's xmas twist

What do you expect its sky sports lol

Cripps_orig
He's in my GW team

Downing :bow:

The Falvs thing?

Yeah doesnt do much good tbh

Only goals matter

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Did Wenger just dodge out of the post-game interview?

Özim
20-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Probably, the coward doesn't show up when we lose convincingly.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Wouldn't you if you were him tbh best thing he's ever done, Shut hus fecking mouth for once instead of coming out with his shit.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 02:12 PM
And the Sky cunts end the biased coverage by doing a hit piece on Wenger. Isn't it customary to talk about the winning team on these occasions? Rather than make up silly songs about a manager?

Thierrymon

Did he pull a Alex Ferguson and send the assistant manager?

McNamara That Ghost...

Yeah he does. He has only ever missed two post-match interviews and one of those was on Tuesday.

Olivier's xmas twist

If he spoked you have critisised him can't have it both ways now can you.

Elreactor
Exactly, I don't see how anyone can say Enrique wouldn't be an improvement on Gibbs and Traore.

That anyone is the one leading Arsenal. So unfortunate.

Sirjackofwilshere
I fear the chapter written about this period in Arsenals history would be named: The story of what happens to a club when one man becomes all too powerful.

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Yep.

Whilst I don't think Enrique is a world beater it's quite clear that he's a fairly solid and proven Premier League footballer. There was no reason why we couldn't compete for his signature, as soon as he burnt his bridges at Newcastle we should have been all over him like a rash.

But no, for some inexplicable reason this club is as unambitious as you will get in the transfer market.

he thinks he has mr.sicknote Gibbs and Traoré - another sicknote - on the left. Should there be any emergency he thinks he can play Vermaelen. I've come to realise how he thinks. Quality is not a factor for him.

gunsofashburtongrove
20-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Totally concur

Özim
20-08-2011, 02:14 PM
If he spoked you have critisised him can't have it both ways now can you.
Only if he talks sh*t rather than being honest, which invariably he does.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Only if he talks sh*t rather than being honest, which invariably he does.

And we know he would lol so its better he says nothing to piss us off further lol.

Boss
Agreed on Vermaelen being MOTM, he was brilliant. Chezza was top class too.

It's a shame they'll have to leave us to develop their games fully.

The Wengerbabies
What a load of shit.

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I fear the chapter written about this period in Arsenals history would be named: The story of what happens to a club when one man becomes all too powerful.

even Ferguson is God up in Manchester and they have had bad seasons. I think everything has gone to the dogs when we have stopped buying quality players - the famous leftovers from serie A: Henry, Kanu, Vieira - and stuck to a policy of youngsters and mediocre French players that lead us nowhere.

dazthegooner
20-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Always backed Wenger to the hilt but he needs to go now so at least we can get a new manager in to buy players, his money saving idea's will actually cost us money now because this squad will be out of the champions league..

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah he does. He has only ever missed two post-match interviews and one of those was on Tuesday.

Facts :sulk:.

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:19 PM
by the way: this makes 2 PL wins in the last 13 games. Relegation form, hardly.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Always backed Wenger to the hilt but he needs to go now so at least we can get a new manager in to buy players, his money saving idea's will actually cost us money now because this squad will be out of the champions league..

But is it Wenger who keeps on refusing to actually strengthen the squad with experienced players? Or is someone above him who suggests how to spend what is "available"?

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:21 PM

totally agree. I stuck by him last season thinking he could get things right in the summer but i was wrong. Things have gone downhill.

Daniele
20-08-2011, 02:23 PM
But is it Wenger who keeps on refusing to actually strengthen the squad with experienced players? Or is someone above him who suggests how to spend what is "available"?

look there are players who have come away with nothing and are pretty experienced too. Take Juventus' Felipe Melo and Amauri who went on loan. or Inter's macdonald Mariga. let's get back to the good old times when we signed serie a outcasts and relived their career!!!

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 02:25 PM
GB was at the game :lol:

GB :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 02:25 PM

Nah he gave one, just seen on bbc

Boss
20-08-2011, 02:26 PM

GB :pal: :pal:

And Letters for spending £1400 on a season ticket to watch this shite :pal: :pal: :pal:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 02:27 PM
What a load of shit.

Do you really have to text us all when you are in the bog? Not funny any more.

Unai Tea

Ah cool. I wanted to hear what he had to say for himself and how we ended up with a team which can barely field enough healthy/eligible players - never mind the extreme lack of experience and quailty.

fakeyank

What did the cunt say?

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 02:28 PM
GB :pal: :pal:

And Letters for spending £1400 on a season ticket to watch this shite :pal: :pal: :pal:

Lettuce :pal:

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on his side's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool: "It looks like both goals were offside. The referees are (supposed to be) professional."

Although the BBC just adding in whatever words they want is slightly dubious.

Young Guns 11
20-08-2011, 02:30 PM
What did the cunt say?

He said:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on his side's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool: "It looks like both goals were offside. The referees are (supposed to be) professional."

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 02:32 PM
He said:

Suspect we'll get awarded a point and Pool will be docked two.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 02:33 PM
What did the cunt say?

Also said the sqaud had good spirit, and how Frimpong got sent off through his own enthusiasm(sp)

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish on his side's win over Arsenal: "To bring those two (Luis Suarez and Raul Meireles) on against Arsenal when it's 0-0 (and then win) shows you're only as good as your squad. We're stronger than we were last year. Arsenal weren't full strength but that's not my problem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9566472.stm

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Another touchline ban for him coming then. Managers are also supposed to be professional and address to the problems of their teams, let alone form a competitive squad.

:rose:

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Sad times. I wish I had a fast-forward button. Or rewind for that matter.

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Also said the sqaud had good spirit, and how Frimpong got sent off through his own enthusiasm(sp)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9566472.stm

Arsene is becoming a bit like Eboue for me now. In the beginning, I didnt understand how Eboue who was so talented could be such a fuck up.. then he became such a joke that people just said "Ahh, its only Eboue.. you know how he is". AW is like that for me.. I just cannot hate on him anymore.. its just funny now!

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 02:37 PM
He's moaning about the goals being offside? What a sad man he is making himself out to `e.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Wenger's comments.

:haha:

He really is a pathetic fool.

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Sad times. I wish I had a fast-forward button. Or rewind for that matter.

Well I would just rewind coz with fast forwarding, there could be two outcomes- one with Arsene and one without. With Arsene, it could be relegation battle in a couple of years, without him, it depends on who we bring in..

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 02:46 PM
On a slightly positive note, Frimpong looks like he will be a good addition to the squad.

Could see that red card coming a mile off though but that is the problem you face when blooding over zealous kids.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 02:47 PM
On a slightly positive note, Frimpong looks like he will be a good addition to the squad.

Could see that red card coming a mile off though but that is the problem you face when blooding over zealous kids.

He came in, kicked some people, ran with the ball, then got sent off. A pretty good English style debut tbf.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:47 PM
First yellow, he was an idiot.

He'll learn.......if Wenger leaves

If not then he'll stay the same or get worse

Joker
20-08-2011, 02:50 PM
*******'s post match comments :lol:

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Arsene is becoming a bit like Eboue for me now. In the beginning, I didnt understand how Eboue who was so talented could be sqch a fuck up.. then he became such a joke that people just said "Ahh, its only Eboue.. you know how he is". AW is like that for me.. I just cannot hate on him anymore.. its just funny now!

No more hate by me either, just pity for him, and anger for his apparent inability obviously. And watching him with his wet, spiky hair under the rain was half funny half sad. He looks completely lost. It´s a total mystery what will he do in the next 2 weeks, regarding signigs and the teams he decides to pick against Udinese and mutd.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Oh yeah, we have United next week.

Fuck that shit tbf. :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Also the first time in 46 years we havent scored in our opening 2 games.

Joker
20-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Whine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14603102.stm

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Wenger clearly is finding it difficult to keep a grip of things......makes you really wonder who is steering this ship

because no matter how I try and get my head around the situation I still cant see how a man who did so much can think he can achieve equal glory with so little

I was impreseed with Jenko/Frimp and Miquel but.......they are going to win us nothing if expereience and skill is not brought in, what can we hope for?

I was hoping for a draw and at best the same up at UTD then with out mythical signings to keep some lower level teams but cant see eitherof those scenarios happening at that before anyone says was when we were playing 11 against 11, when Frimp went off things became even clearer

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Whine:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes both Liverpool goals were offside during the 2-0 defeat at Highbury.

The BBC. :doh:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Just watched that.

He looks and sounds defeated, dejected etc.

Hes taken a lot of abuse and rightly so but just watching that, you feel sorry for the guy. He is an awful manager these days. No question about that and i hope for his sake, he walks before we see a Houiller tbh

Joker
The BBC. :doh:

Yeah to be fair the BBC have misquoted him somewhat. That bastard Bevan on the live updates thread also added in "The referees are (supposed to be) professional" when he didn't say that. The BBC is nothing more than a bog standard tabloid these days, but Wenger makes life difficult for himself by failing to accept defeat and responsibility, and always looking to blame external factors for losses.

Unai Tea
Whine:

Kinda meh.

Looks like he's happy about Nasri for some reason, presumably the move is off. Normally I'd say that's just pissing away £25m for nothing but there really is so little chance that money would be used it makes no sense to sell him.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Someone text in to the BBC live thingy and tell Bevan to stfu

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 03:12 PM
The empty seats in the bottom tier of the east stand were very noticeable. Wonder if it was the same around the rest of the ground?

Doesn't bode well for the club really if they can't even sell out the first home game of the season against Liverpool of all teams as well.

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah to be fair the BBC have misquoted him somewhat. That bastard Bevan on the live updates thread also added in "The referees are (supposed to be) professional" when he didn't say that. The BBC is nothing more than a bog standard tabloid these days, but Wenger makes life difficult for himself by failing to accept defeat and responsibility, and always looking to blame external factors for losses.

I think Maccy was :doh:ing the 'Highbury' bit.

But yes, the BBC is absolute trash these days.

Joker
20-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I think Maccy was :doh:ing the 'Highbury' bit.

But yes, the BBC is absolute trash these days.

LOL didn't spot that.

alexander
20-08-2011, 03:30 PM
what happened to Kos? and if he is injured, who will we have left t play man u next week?

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Just watched that.

He looks and sounds defeated, dejected etc.

Hes taken a lot of abuse and rightly so but just watching that, you feel sorry for the guy. He is an awful manager these days. No question about that and i hope for his sake, he walks before we see a Houiller tbh

He's been like this for ages though and i agree hope he can walk with some dignity left, before he goes the same way Houiller went tbh.

fari
20-08-2011, 03:37 PM
He's been like this for ages though and i agree hope he can walk with some dignity left, before he goes the same way Houiller went tbh.

it is hard to see him like this. but the game has changed soo much since he first became manager and he hasn't adjusted sufficiently.

alexander
20-08-2011, 03:39 PM

I have been moaning about him, but seeing him looking like its all too much is sad. I wonder how much he is to blame, or is it all our silent board, keeping all the cash for themselves?

fari
20-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I have been moaning about him, but seeing him looking like its all too much is sad. I wonder how much he is to blame, or is it all our silent board, keeping all the cash for themselves?

that is what i ask myself too

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 03:42 PM
what happened to Kos? and if he is injured, who will we have left t play man u next week?

Yeah, what´s happened to him? I turned on TV and he was being taken off and there were no replays by then. He could barely walk! Is it too serious? How did it happen?

alexander
20-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Yeah, what´s happened to him? I turned on TV and he was being taken off and there were no replays by then. He could barely walk! Is it too serious? How did it happen?

basically we are ruined.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Back spasm. Sometimes they can go within a few minutes but whilst it is there, you can't do anything.

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Back spasm. Sometimes they can go within a few minutes but whilst it is there, you can't do anything.

Never had a back spasm. Is it like a cramp? Cramps are evil.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Makes you Wonder, i think players are getting sold above him tbh, i think he don't streghen and we loose in the next to games he may be out tbh.

He deffo is feling the strain.

Its got to the point where gooners Pity the man not even angry with him anymore. Maybe time for hm to close this chapter.

alexander
20-08-2011, 03:49 PM

there are a lot of spasms in our team.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 03:52 PM
yerah something like that......I think the whole area tightens up and it difficult to move

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_aIjETJ9hEoA/TdyTSQwsxJI/AAAAAAAAAfs/dwHYOssln3g/back-spasm.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-08-2011, 03:53 PM
just got back.

no creativity. no urgency. no speed. too boring and predictable. long gone are the days where we can simply out pass opponents and get a win. teams nowadays spend too much money on players and study us too much to nullify our strengths.

also walcotts useless. arshavins fat. and frimpong looks like he should be part of the masai mara tribe in east africa.

alexander
20-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Makes you Wonder, i think players are getting sold above him tbh, i think he don't streghen and we loose in the next to games he may be out tbh.

He deffo is feling the strain.

Its got to the point where gooners Pity the man not even angry with him anymore. Maybe time for hm to close this chapter.

I sometimes get caught up in the angry internet pitch fork and burning stick `wenger out` mob. But, when I actually watch and listen to him give an interview, I always come around to his way. Today he just looked down at the ground when answering the questions, when asked about nasri, there was no quips, just a `dont know`. I actually feel for him, its not good at the club. He is not a fucking retard, he clearly knows the problems, and is trying his best to sort it. TBH the board need to sort this mess. Give him the cash, or let him go, he deserves better than this shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 04:04 PM

I wouldn't advise finding out but yes, essentially the same thing, or at least the same affect.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 04:14 PM
just got back.

no creativity. no urgency. no speed. too boring and predictable. long gone are the days where we can simply out pass opponents and get a win. teams nowadays spend too much money on players and study us too much to nullify our strengths.

also walcotts useless. arshavins fat. and frimpong looks like he should be part of the masai mara tribe in east africa.

Feck off he had a good game excpet for the sending off part and there was creativity nasri did that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Feck off he had a good game excpet for the sending off part and there was creativity nasri did that.

when did i say he didnt have a good game? built like a brick so belongs in a tribe.

you posters on here love twisting words to fit into your argument. learn to read and interpret properly kid.

AKBapologist
20-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Gervinho > Nasri tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 04:35 PM
even if you had said he had a good game (which you didnt - unless Masa Mara means 'good game'???:shrug:) you would have been way off the mark

From the off I think we looked as if a draw was all we were capable of and Frimpong played well enough with those goals in mind, compared to most in the team he went about his job with the kind of energy an over enthusiasitic child goes about pleasing their parents which lead to his recklessness, the red card was a by product of that energy and to be honest when you have peers like Song setting the example it is hardly surprising (Song I like, but he was a fool to do what he did against Newcastle even if it was to JB - tha last thing we need 9s the seniors letting the side down needlessly)

TBH Wenger would not have been unwise to think about subbing Frimp before the card but that is easier said than done.........

AKBapologist
20-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Subbing him with who?

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Frimpong had a shite start but got better and then got sent off

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Subbing him with who?

fair point but I am sure there would have been a way to reshuffle things around.......Ramsey holding Lansbury on but to be fair Frimp was not doing too bad up till the card but he had been involved in a couple of tackles and was defo being watched by the ref.......

TBH I am kind of answering the people saying he didnt play well.....thought he did just was unfortunate he got carded and that Wenger was unable to protect him by subbing him, but these things happen in a flash, there aint no crystal ball that can tell you when

Boss
20-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Given that everyone watching could spot the red card from a mile away, Frimping should have been taken off at HT for Lansbury.

Letters
20-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Thought we played well today. But for the sending off we'd probably have got a point.
At least we showed a bit of passion today.
Frimpong was brilliant.

Squad is worryingly thin though, have to sign some players. If Nasri (who was excellent today, kudos to him for that) goes then we really will struggle, he's one of our few players of real quality. We just can't afford to lose him and Cesc and not buy.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 05:28 PM
when did i say he didnt have a good game? built like a brick so belongs in a tribe.

you posters on here love twisting words to fit into your argument. learn to read and interpret properly kid.

Then i apologise. im not a kid im 28

Joker
20-08-2011, 05:37 PM
on the supporters' chants...
I think the target is to have a good team and good players. You can spend money and have a bad team. You want the supporters to be happy and when you don't win the game you can understand that they are not. But I think we had eight players out today and we still had a good performance. So it is not all doom and gloom, there are positives in the game today.

on potential new signings...
We look, you know? But we try to do the right things for the Club. I think Koscielny and Vermaelen are a fantastic pair of centre backs but it's very difficult as well because if you buy another centre back and then someone gets injured I have to buy another one. You cannot do that every time you have an injured player.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/39134/wenger-reaction

:doh:

notwist
20-08-2011, 05:51 PM
The penny has finally dropped with Denilson, Eboue, Bendtner & Vela. Will it finally now drop with Walcott?

Joker
20-08-2011, 05:55 PM
The penny has finally dropped with Denilson, Eboue, Bendtner & Vela. Will it finally now drop with Walcott?

The worrying thing about Walcott is his lack of dribbling ability. Whenever he's closed down and doesn't have a lot of open space ahead of him, he really struggles to manipulate the ball past his opponent. How often did we seen him run out of space against Enrique and walk the ball out of play? You can have all the pace in the world but without good technique you won't be able to make good use of it.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 06:39 PM
The worrying thing about Walcott is his lack of dribbling ability. Whenever he's closed down and doesn't have a lot of open space ahead of him, he really struggles to manipulate the ball past his opponent. How often did we seen him run out of space against Enrique and walk the ball out of play? You can have all the pace in the world but without good technique you won't be able to make good use of it.

We have a sprinter and we're using him as a corner of a triangle. Tip-tap-tip-tap, 5 yard bollocks. We're static and one paced. It's almost as if we find it honourable to play this shit but deeply dishonourable to even entertain the though of lobbing the ball into space for Walcott and Arshavin to run at the back four. Theo is a player who should always be facing goal, he should never have to drop back to receive the ball or work one-twos on the wing. Everything he does should be at pace, that's his weapon and we aren't deploying it. He's dangerous at speed, virtually useless at a slower tempo. It's almost as if when he has time to think he fucks it up.

Trouble is, with Fabregas gone and Nasri halfway out the door, do we have any players who could supply the ammo? If we can't use him properly we should let him go somewhere else, although I can't help feeling another club would turn him into a lethal weapon. He's also go that prick Capello on his case, first dropping him because he wouldn't play to his weaknesses and then getting the hump over a stupid book. Capello was the slimy little git who wanted to sell web site stats on all the players, wasn't he? But he doesn't like it the other way around and maybe this has been on Theo's mind of late? Then again, how come Theo's writing a book when he hasn't done anything yet? Whatever, he played shite today, the worst I've seen for a while.

AKBapologist
20-08-2011, 06:52 PM
wrong thread.

Özim
20-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Thought we played well today. But for the sending off we'd probably have got a point.
At least we showed a bit of passion today.
Frimpong was brilliant.

Squad is worryingly thin though, have to sign some players. If Nasri (who was excellent today, kudos to him for that) goes then we really will struggle, he's one of our few players of real quality. We just can't afford to lose him and Cesc and not buy.
We played well considering the circumstances, if this is us playing well though I worry for our season...as we barely created any chances.

Defended well enough but offered nothing going forward.

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Wenger's reign of terror is coming to an end. lol

We've totally lost our way. I hope the board are looking for a new coach to replace Wenger by the end of the season. I doubt it, but I hope.

We've been sold a dream about the stadium bringing in more money for players and the youth that will go on to dominate in years to come. The youth project has come to nothing. Years of hype about these kids being world beaters.....he's practically started again and it's a totally different team that will need another 6 years. It's time for him to go.

The Verminator
20-08-2011, 07:49 PM
2 articles from The Guardian:

Appealing for calm, Arsène Wenger said: "We live in circumstances where every defeat is absolutely a disgrace – an earthquake." But there was no mistaking the tremors after Liverpool's 2-0 victory as the Arsenal manager's troubled team face the second leg of a Champions League qualifier against Udinese on Wednesday and a visit to Manchester United at the weekend.

Cesc Fábregas is kissing his new badge in Barcelona, Samir Nasri's move to Manchester City is still expected to go through and the 19-year-old Emmanuel Frimpong joined Alex Song and Gervinho in the suspension pen by spoiling a promising performance in central midfield with some ludicrously aggressive tackling.

With three players banned and six injured, Wenger calls on youth and promise to dispel the mounting sense that Arsenal are in for the toughest season of his 15-year reign. Beauty's glow is no longer visible above their home and Nasri, whose commitment here never wavered, has a new set of reasons to tell his agents to stop haggling over their fees and force through his transfer to City.

Reports in France claimed the Nasri deal had broken down but after a 0-0 draw at Newcastle and a home defeat to Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool, he is unlikely to turn down a £60,000-a-week pay rise and stick around in London while Frimpong learns some self-control and Wenger patches up an ailing squad.

"If we decide to sell him [Nasri] we'll do it and we have to stand up for it, but at the moment I'm glad he's here," Wenger said.

Some order may return with Jack Wilshere, Abou Diaby, Kieran Gibbs, Johan Djourou and Laurent Koscielny, who went off after 15 minutes with back spasms – plus Song, Gervinho and Frimpong – but for now Wenger is left to correct the impression of serious malfunction across his operation. As the transfer window closes, few elite players across Europe will see Arsenal as a coming force, however much Wenger sticks to his mantra of eternal promise.

When Frimpong jumped into Lucas Leiva's leg in front of the referee Martin Atkinson, who had already booked him in the first half, a familiar inability to match actions with consequences was apparent in Wenger's young and stressed XI. When the substitute Henri Lansbury was booked after coming on for Andrey Arshavin, who was dreadful, the young replacement yelled at Atkinson and jabbed his finger aggressively: a level of dissent that could have earned him a second yellow card.

Anxiety is bound to afflict a side who have failed to score in their first two league games for the first time in 42 years, yet there is repeated evidence of some Arsenal players failing to repay the loyalty shown by their manager, who has spent the six trophy-less years since 2005 promising the fans that these are men of real stature.

Liverpool exploited the numerical advantage stemming from Frimpong's dismissal by forcing an Aaron Ramsey own-goal and then closing out the game with a Luis Suárez tap-in in the final minutes. Wenger blamed Frimpong's "lack of experience" but also spoke of his "enthusiasm and heart".

An admirer of Michael Essien, his fellow Ghanaian, Frimpong brings thrust and menace to Arsenal's midfield, too long a refuge for players who can decorate but not shape a game. More than once he neglected to track a runner and was shouted at by Thomas Vermaelen for not showing for the ball when Arsenal's best defender was under pressure. But he does offer flashes of hunger and steel: qualities that will be useful to his team only if he can confine his studs to the turf.

With a depleted squad, Wenger was obliged to summon at right-back Carl Jenkinson, who had played nine times for Charlton before earning a move here over the summer. Again, Jenkinson has promise, but many fans now detest that word. They saw Fábregas high-stepping it back to Barcelona, read about Nasri's restlessness and want decisive action in the transfer market to alleviate the sense of regression.

The problem is that Wenger has no great reserve of faith to draw on. After six years without a trophy his senior players have become accustomed to hiding between the beautiful football excuse and the youngest are being asked to compete with United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool without the bedding-in period that was available to previous generations.

Wenger will demand more from Arshavin (who appears to have lost all interest), Theo Walcott and Ramsey, and would doubtless like Marouane Chamakh to justify his reputation. But imagine the ennui around this stadium when Nicklas Bendtner jogged on ahead of Chamakh for the last 10 minutes as Arsenal's last goalscoring hope. Wenger can escape another "earthquake" – a further "disgrace", as he puts it – by sliding past Udinese in Italy. Whichever linguistic tricks he tries, though, the Emirates is shaking.

Arsène Wenger says there is no chance he will walk away from Arsenal, effectively overruling the intervention of David Dein, his former vice-chairman, who warned that if Gunners' fans kept complaining and demanding more money be spent the manager could wash his hands of the club.

"There is no chance of that happening, I like to keep a sense of perspective," Wenger said after seeing his side lose 2-0 at home to Liverpool, suffering another player dismissed and one more injured, and hearing his players booed off at the end. "It is still the start of the season and we have had a couple of disappointing results, that's all. I don't feel under any more pressure than usual. We have an important week coming up and this is a time to stick together."

Wenger made the reasonable point that, even with eight players missing, Arsenal had put in a good performance against Liverpool, at least when they still had 11 men on the pitch.

He could have added that Samir Nasri, expected to miss the game and turn up in Manchester before the end of the transfer window, had surprised everyone by playing and playing well.

"Why not? He is an Arsenal player and he loves the club – I always said I would try to keep him. It may be that, in the end, we have to sell him, but until he goes he is still happy to play for us."

Wenger claimed to have no knowledge of reports emanating from France that talks with Manchester City had broken down, and would not be drawn on whether Nasri will be seen in an Arsenal shirt again.

If he plays in the Champions League qualifier against Udinese in midweek, Nasri will be cup-tied in Europe and be a less attractive buying proposition. But even though Wenger could undoubtedly use an extra body, he would not commit himself either way. "I have not decided about that yet," he said.

The game at the Emirates changed when Emmanuel Frimpong marked his full Premier League debut with a dismissal for two yellow cards and, simultaneously, Liverpool made a double substitution. Kenny Dalglish sent on Luis Suárez and Raul Meireles and saw them create the late goals.

Wenger had no problems with the dismissal. "He deserved a yellow card for the challenge," he said. "Frimpong was the victim of a lack of experience and his own enthusiasm. He didn't need to make that tackle."

A beaming Dalglish was delighted with the way the game went. "That's a hell of a pair of subs to be able to bring on," the Liverpool manager said, before owning up to a mistake on the opening day at Anfield against Sunderland.

"I went with Suárez last week because he was on such a high in training," he explained. "He had only just come back to us after spending the summer with Uruguay and he didn't seem tired, but maybe it was a wee bit romantic of me to put him straight into the team. He wanted to do well and everyone else wanted him to do well, but perhaps he needed a bit more rest, and that's why I was more careful with him this week.

"I might have made a mistake against Sunderland, but you could see the benefit of an extra week's training today. We are a stronger squad than we were last season and being able to bring on two substitutes of such quality proves it."

Letters
20-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Given that everyone watching could spot the red card from a mile away, Frimping should have been taken off at HT for Lansbury.

He was our best player. Would have been mental to take him off.

Letters
20-08-2011, 07:54 PM
We played well considering the circumstances, if this is us playing well though I worry for our season...as we barely created any chances.

Defended well enough but offered nothing going forward.

Agree, but we won't be playing Livepool every week who generally have one of the better defences.
At least they showed a bit of passion today. There are some very worrying things going on at Arsenal but I am more content with today's performance than Wednesday's. You can win without playing well (we did on Wednesday) and you can lose while playing well (we did today IMO).

GunnerFan4Life
20-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Exactly, we just had to hope he would be wise but he's only 19 and is still learning.

Kano
20-08-2011, 07:56 PM

it was a hell of a tight rope to walk. i was so impressed by his drive and energy today but we saw during the week that he needs to manage that a little better as when he came on, he fouled (and was booked?) immediately. he took hold of the team and was box-to-box but he also felt out of control at points and the red card was probably called by most fans in the first half. given the circumstances, it was the right thing to take the chance and leave him on. the gutting thing today was the own goal that was complete bad luck and undermined the effort made at the back where miguel really impressed too, apart from his first 5/10 min.

Fats
20-08-2011, 07:57 PM

You are seriously mental Letters it was an accident waiting to happen.

If you couldnt see it you best book a place on the funny farm with Arsene.

Boss
20-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Our 'best player' cost us a point with his recklessness, and it doesn't matter how good he is if he's facing an early bath. He played reasonably well but if he can't control himself on a pitch (which he couldn't) Wenger should have taken him off.

We're without him for this game as well as the United one, given that Song and Wilshere are already missing that's more problems in CM.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Disappointed with the result but felt much better after this match than the one against Udinese. Frimpong has a fantastic attitude and played incredibly well. He is too young and too inexperienced to be relied on, but he has fantastic promise.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2011, 08:03 PM

Grow up.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Grow up. :blink:

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2011, 08:09 PM

They played well.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-08-2011, 08:13 PM
yeah i think he'll leave if we have a disappointing season. he wont be able to take the pressure.

our squad is bare thin and for the first time, we're actually worse than when this youth project started. so it's been a full circle of nothing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-08-2011, 08:17 PM
:blink:

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/20090409/gifs_04.gif

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2011, 08:20 PM
You are seriously mental Letters it was an accident waiting to happen.

If you couldnt see it you best book a place on the funny farm with Arsene.

Frimpong was outstanding.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Frimpong was out, standing.

Indeed he was, after that dreadaful red card.

Coney
20-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Frimpong was outstanding.

:good: Overall a good performance - just that first unneccessary booking let him down.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you listened to the match on the radio with commentary provide by Ralf Little.

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 08:33 PM
:good: Overall a good performance - just that first unneccessary booking let him down.

He was stupid. Makes a bad challenge in the opening few minutes and instead of holding his hands up and being humble, he got straight in the refs face. When you make that sort of impression, expect no favours from the ref or verbal warnings because you've shown your aggressive and unreasonable. Expect cards.

The Guardian mentioned the same thing with Lansbury's appearance. Stupid kids.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Frimpong was pretty good for a rookie, but hardly outstanding.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-08-2011, 08:48 PM
nowhere near outstanding. lost the ball a few times early on and was positionally weak at times, hence why he had to foul opposition players to try and get the ball back as he'd put himself in a bad position.

played well. raw and aggressive. exactly what we need.

Boss
20-08-2011, 08:51 PM
nowhere near outstanding. lost the ball a few times early on and was positionally weak at times, hence why he had to foul opposition players to try and get the ball back as he'd put himself in a bad position.

This.

Seaman's Ponytail
20-08-2011, 09:51 PM
TBF there were 7 pretty darn good performances out there, the keeper, the back 4, Lesbo and Frimpong. RVP was missing and Theo, Arshavin and Ramsay were horrifically bad. You just can't carry 3-4 players in any game let alone when you're playing a team like Liverpool (who in truth were nothing special at all today)

I think my biggest problem though is with this 4-3-3 formation which, let's be honest is not a 4-3-3 formation. We do not have 3 attackers on the field. It's a 4-5-1 formation which we should never be playing, esp at home. It's great to see Jenkinson can cross well but what's the point when we only ever have RVP in the box, hardly an aerial god.

Wenger :rose: and i think we need to call the :police:

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 10:01 PM
It was a decent performance in general and I think a point would have been good for us (even before Frimpong's red). It was nice to see a bit of bite out there and the boos at the end were certainly directed towards Wenger rather than the input of the team IMO.

It was just disheartening to realise that expectations have now dropped quite low, to the point where I actually felt sorry for everyone involved rather than the usual anger after a bad result.

We desperately need some signings to galvanise everyone at the club, roll on the next 2 weeks.

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 10:25 PM
TBF there were 7 pretty darn good performances out there, the keeper, the back 4, Lesbo and Frimpong. RVP was missing and Theo, Arshavin and Ramsay were horrifically bad. You just can't carry 3-4 players in any game let alone when you're playing a team like Liverpool (who in truth were nothing special at all today)

I think my biggest problem though is with this 4-3-3 formation which, let's be honest is not a 4-3-3 formation. We do not have 3 attackers on the field. It's a 4-5-1 formation which we should never be playing, esp at home. It's great to see Jenkinson can cross well but what's the point when we only ever have RVP in the box, hardly an aerial god.

Wenger :rose: and i think we need to call the :police:

Theo needs to play down the centre or the left. Was totally useless today. I didn't see him switch positions with RVP or Arshavin at all today. He didn't make many mistakes, just totally uninvolved.

Arshavin was off today. He's not suited on the wing either. Ramsey was lost and once again the middle was open. Wenger has to get his head straight and think about what he's going to do for the game in Italy. We might go all defence for the next game and try to hold a lead. Right now, I can't see where the goals are going to come from. We've carried our slump from last season into this one.

Bergstar
21-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Well what can you say. The club is in a mess right now. No leadership throughout, no discipline. Wenger has neglected the team to such an extent that players want to leave in their prime. Unheard of before. We also see the embarrasment of playing Bendtner, who he has tried all summer to move out, being selected over Chamack. An admission from Wenger that he acknowledges that that the morrocan doesn't have any effect on this side whatsoever. Wenger cuts a sad image, more akin to Basil fawlty than a top football manager, the press are having a field day but you have to say he has brought it on himself.

Wenger has said he has been working day & night on transfers; I'd agree however it's all on departures. The flawed policy of securing young potential like Bendtner, Denilson, Vela and paying them over the odds, has resulted in the problem we now have. They haven't reached that potential and no-one is prepared to take on their excessive salaries. We're stuck with them

The fans of this club pay more per matchday than any other club and Arsenals finances rely heavily on the fan because of it's shoddy commercial failings, So if any teams Fan is entitled to boo or vent it's anger, then it's ours.

alexander
21-08-2011, 02:08 PM
what was yesterdays attendence? the real one, thot the shite they like you to believe.

AKBapologist
21-08-2011, 02:16 PM

He misplased 1 pass, and was never dissposesed. Make one of our few shots on goal forcing a corner, although he make a crappy clearance after a corner and only played 70 minutes he'd done more than denilson in his last 700.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2011, 02:26 PM
what was yesterdays attendence? the real one, thot the shite they like you to believe.

Seemed to be full to me, but then the heavens opened and many in the first few rows in the lower tiers deserted their seats.

I was in Row 9 in Block 31 and the droplets from the rook were landing in the row in front - anyone closer than that to the pitch got soaked if they stayed in their seats.

Adzzz got soaked.

alexander
21-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Seemed to be full to me, but then the heavens opened and many in the first few rows in the lower tiers deserted their seats.

I was in Row 9 in Block 31 and the droplets from the rook were landing in the row in front - anyone closer than that to the pitch got soaked if they stayed in their seats.

Adzzz got soaked.

Thought it might have been quieter, but seems there will always be enough people to fill that stadium.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I expect it will be quieter for the matches against the likes of Scrote and Boreburn.

We were always going to have a full house against Liverpool.

Coney
21-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Adzzz got soaked.

:lol: Yeah - was heading for the 12 Pins and this drowned rat turned up!

Coney
21-08-2011, 08:23 PM
He misplased 1 pass, and was never dissposesed. Make one of our few shots on goal forcing a corner, although he make a crappy clearance after a corner and only played 70 minutes he'd done more than denilson in his last 700.

And although he was given a red card he got applauded off the pitch because we had all appreciated someone in the team making a proper effort.