PDA

View Full Version : We want our Arsenal back.

Joker
20-08-2011, 02:01 PM
What is happening to our football club? This is so heartbreaking to see our football club being sold down a river by a manager who has lost the plot and all sense of perspective, egged on by the greedy scumbags on the board more interested in the return on their shares rather than investing in the squad and the team to ensure we are competitive again.

It is saddening to see how the football side of things seems secondary to many of the blazers at the club. I want my Arsenal back.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti0cJyiTUbg

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 02:07 PM
What is happening to our football club? This is so heartbreaking to see our football club being sold down a river by a manager who has lost the plot and all sense of perspective, egged on by the greedy scumbags on the board more interested in the return on their shares rather than investing in the squad and the team to ensure we are competitive again.

It is saddening to see how the football side of things seems secondary to many of the blazers at the club. I want my Arsenal back.

We don't have a board of shareholders anymore. Stan owns the team, the schmucks on the board are just there for the year as a transition body, not on the back of having shares.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 03:04 PM
We don't have a board of shareholders anymore. Stan owns the team, the schmucks on the board are just there for the year as a transition body, not on the back of having shares.

So Kroenke alone makes the major decisions now? And casually under his reign a load of players (regardless of their quality) leave with no replacements? Money coming in, plus the supposed transfer budget, and of all that only Gervinho for 14M and a no one for 15? Wenger may be a fool yes, but I canīt believe he totally fucked up his mind and gone insane as it seems. Someone must be telling him, very politely, what to do with the money.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I wrote on a different thread that I just cant imagine a guy that has put so much in to a club and seen glory think that what he has at hand is going to bring those days back......because I do not doubt that he wants glory

he is watching everything crumble around him.......he is losing players through injury and suspension and the this is going to force the club to go cap in hand.......people are going to know our situation and will squeeze every last penny out of us

I have no idea whether to keep Nas now......that the deal sounds stalled/dead???
I say take the money but what can we expect to get in return with ten days left........not much! it was Wengers responsibility to have a strategy lined up in the event of departures., whther he had one, was allowed to follow one or there is a hand up his arse controlling things from above is any ones guess now

if nothing happens transfer wise be it because we run out time, refuse to spend money, haggle, fail to qualify for CL, or just bollocks things up we are in for a difficult year.......and we are going to be seeing a lot more of the kids

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 04:09 PM
So Kroenke alone makes the major decisions now? And casually under his reign a load of players (regardless of their quality) leave with no replacements? Money coming in, plus the supposed transfer budget, and of all that only Gervinho for 14M and a no one for 15? Wenger may be a fool yes, but I canīt believe he totally fucked up his mind and gone insane as it seems. Someone must be telling him, very politely, what to do with the money.

Directly or indirectly, yes. He owns Arsenal for all intents and purposes. We can go down the 'evil advisors' thing but essentially Stan knows or should know what's going on and is basically sanctioning whatever is happening.

I'm not suggesting Wenger is somehow without any culpability or even major culpability, but this malarky about the board getting rich through their shares and that's why they're allowing this stuff to happen or making it happen is inaccurate.