PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings vs LOLerpool

Flavs
21-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Hmm thought this would be interesting. so..

woji -

Jenko -

Sagna -

Vermy -

Miguel -

Frimpong -

Ramsey -

Nasri -

Arshavin -

Walcott -

thoughts?

Daniele
21-08-2011, 07:17 AM
woji - 6,5

Jenko - 6

Sagna - 6

Vermy - 7

Miguel - 6

Frimpong - 5

Ramsey - 4

Nasri - 5,5

Arshavin - 0

Walcott - 4

RVP - 4

thoughts?

Seaman's Ponytail
21-08-2011, 07:19 AM
woji - 9 - Mate this guy is the real deal. Arsenal keeper (if he stays) til 2030

Jenko - 7 - A bit awkward, not a natural but seemed to grow into the game. Good crosser, just a shame we have no strikers....

Sagna - 7 - Adapted well at left back, solid

Vermy - 9.,5 - Seriously, if he gets injured again we are royally fucked. Would have lost by 7 if he wasn't there. Pool still looking in his pocket to try and find Carroll

Miguel - 7.5 - Thought he did real well thrown in deep. Looked composed, could be a real project for the future...

Frimpong - 7 - Prob close to a 9 if not for the red card. Showed more ticker than Song has in a long time

Ramsey - 3 - And i think that's generous. Obviously sleeps in normally and was unaware this was an early kick-off. Good to see he get the goal his performance deserved....

Nasri - 7.5 - Showed the glimpses of class we know he has but did tend to drift out of the game in the 2nd half, probably when we needed him most. I'm still happy to take the 23 mill euro

Arshavin - 2.5 - Appalling effort and attitude that matched. Not a wide player so possibly not all his fault that the manager keeps playing him there

Walcott - 2 - Comments almost identical to Arshavin though slightly less talented

Thierrymon
21-08-2011, 07:19 AM
woji - 8

Jenko - 6

Sagna - 6

Vermy - 9

Miguel - 7

Frimpong - 5

Ramsey - 3

Nasri - 7

Arshavin - 4

Walcott - 4

RVP - 4

Seaman's Ponytail
21-08-2011, 07:20 AM
woji - 6,5

Seroiusly?? What, in your immortal opinion, did he do wrong?

Daniele
21-08-2011, 07:29 AM
he was hardly called upon. did a couple of brilliant saves but concedes a silly corner on a cross in the fh. 9 to me means Seaman in the 2003 fa cup semi v. sheffield ;-)

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2011, 07:29 AM
woji - 8 Great save off Carroll, good command of his area

Jenko - 7 Shocking that we are playing this guy so early and often, but he is stepping up and it is players like him who could make a positive change in the culture that has been infecting this Club.

Sagna - 7 - Seemed to slip a couple of times, but hard working and a lot was asked of him when we lost Bart through injury

Vermy - 8 - There were four playes, that stood out and TV was one of them. Along with Chesney, he may set a solid foundation for the spine this team has been lacking.

Miguel - 7 - Initial impression when he came on made me think, "oh christ, we're fucked now" but he grew in composure throughout the game - but there is no way in hell we should have been reduced to such a threadbare situation where he had to come on - against Liverpool. I fear for him if he is to play at Old Trafford.

Frimpong - 7 - I gave this guy MOTM in the other thread because if we were to score, this guy was going to be involved. His entusiasm and desire throughout the match was refreshing to see. This is what so many posters have been crying out for, but he needs to better channel his energies. I was impressed no end by Frimpong. Have marked him down because of the bookings - but he was our best player when on the pitch.

Ramsey - 5 - Anonymous - hardly involved at all, best I can say is that he didn't fuck up.

Nasri - 8 - He wanted to go out with a bang, and it showed. Had he finished off that fantastic run and had a marginally better shot, that would have been a candidate for goal of the season. If I was confident that he would deliver this type of performance throughout the season, I'd do whatever it took to keep him. As it is, we need him, but unless an arrangement can be made where he signs another contract and we agree to let him go next season, he has to go now.

Arshavin - 4 - Man, this guy is frustrating, but he also seems frustrated by being played out of position.

Walcott - - 4 - If we were still playing, Theo would not have taken on and beaten a man yet. My mate, Satnav Sean the Liverpool fan, was genuinely shocked at how poor Theo was. I had little expectation from him, but even this wasn't met.

RVP - 6 - Had to live off scraps and forced to come too deep.

Daniele
21-08-2011, 07:32 AM
the problem with Theo is that he's quick but has no ball control and no brain.

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Player ratings vs LOLerpool
Hmm thought this would be interesting. so..

woji - 7

Jenko - 6

Sagna - 6

Vermy - 7

Miguel - 6

Frimpong - 7

Ramsey - 5

Nasri - 7

Arshavin - 5

Walcott - 5

RVP - 5

Szczesny, Vermaelen and Frimpong were solid. Frimpong let himself down with the bookings, but he was lively. Really strong, quick getting around the pitch and picked up a load of interceptions. Song has competition this year and he'll lose his place if he carries on like this. He no longer protects the back four and isn't sweeping up stuff and passing the ball off neatly from the back. At least he has competition now. But it was a silly booking.

Ramsey can't cut it in the middle. He couldn't control the game, was hardly ever open or available for a pass, he looked lost again. Our passing game was none existent yesterday. It was the same over the last two fixtures. We don't have control in the middle any more and that made it difficult to mount any serious attacks. Wenger will have to change things around this year. Arshavin was totally off his game, couldn't pass or beat his man. Theo was inconsistent and totally out of the game. If he managed to beat his man, the cross was either poor or no body was in the box. RVP was lost as well. I can only remember one take shot from him and freekick that hit the wall.

Wenger will have to change things around because the team is so disjointed at the moment. When stuck out wide, Theo is useless, he had a much better game when he was playing with Chamakh and Gervinho because he was going to the left and to the centre. Stick him out wide all day with no support from the centre or striker and he's useless. Same goes for Arshavin. He's dangerous in and around the box, further back in the field, he's terrible. He can't pick out a pass or even beat his man back there.

RVP - captain material my ass. I think he's off next season. He's not with it this season.

Special mention to Nasri. He put in a shift yesterday and gave it everything. Credit to him for trying to drive us on and win the game. He could have coasted and hid, but he didn't.

CL game next, then Manure. It's not looking good.

gunsofashburtongrove
21-08-2011, 07:38 AM
woji - 7 Great presence and good allround display

Jenko - 6 nervy start, settled as the game wore on troubled by injury late on

Sagna - 6 professional display in defense, nothing to offer in attack

Vermy - 8 at one point its was scouse v/s Verminator and he won the battle hands down. My candidate for captaincy not just because of performance and attitude, but also because of the position he plays in

Miguel - 5.5 Good positioning mostly and has a pass on him. On negative side lacked speed and looks one footed and hence inflexible

Frimpong - 6 Energetic, direct and tested Reina. Petulance won him a red card, he is likely to be a fan favorite but haven't seen enough in him to give song a run for his money

Ramsey - 5 Poor, tried to do everything and ended up doing nothing, possibly a victim a collectively poor midfield

Nasri - 6 Showed some signature touches, but didn't try to get into the game or force it

Arshavin - 4.5 Some poor touches. great intentions mostly but poor implementation. Struggled for form despite of whole hearted attempts

Walcott - 4 Didnt get going at all

RVP- 4 Was starved of service, and on occasions when he came back couldn't force the game

Koscielny- started off well before injury.

Lansbury-Better positioning than Frimpong brought about possibly by reluctance to move. Tried to win fans over by getting into the referee's book

Nicklas Bendtner- Nothing much has changed

To Summarise we were poor in attack with 11 men. For most parts we had 2 good players Scz and Verminator. As shown in the earlier games the fluidity in passing has gone out and what ever passing exists is laboured. With our display we made a poor scouse look good

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Folks - you've all forgotten our captain, Robin Van Persie.

Was he that anonymous?

Daniele
21-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Folks - you've all forgotten our captain, Robin Van Persie.

Was he that anonymous?

I rated him 4. just shows you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2011, 08:27 AM
SZCZESNY - 7 - Busier of the two keepers, could not prevent either goal..........made good saves, claimed well and distributed well.

SAGNA - 6 Solid at the back didn't get forward as well as playing at unaccustomed left back position

VERMAELEN - 8 Had Carroll in his pocket, led the back line on his own and really should be Team Captain

JENKINSON - 7 Thrown in at the deep end but didn't disappoint, did well against Stuart Downing

KOSCIELNY - 5 - Hard to rate as went off with Injury early on

FRIMPONG - 6 Brilliant in ball distribution, tackling and box-to box movement but also reckless and impetuous and deserved sending off

RAMSEY - 5 Looks unsure in the middle of the park, many of his passes go astray and doesn't seem as dynamic getting forward as he has been

ARSHAVIN - 4 Made one good cross into the box the entire game, his passing was always too heavy or he made wrong decisions.....looks unfit and doesn't seem to care

WALCOTT - 5 Crossing was dire, couldn't get past Jose Enrique cut a frustrated figure

NASRI - 7 The most creative of the Midfields, went on bursting runs committed defenders and looked committed.

VAN PERSIE 6 - Looked isolated, proof if any was needed that he cannot play as a lone striker

SUBS:

MIQUEL - 6 - Looked dead on his feet by the end, worked hard and played well but wasn't used to playing this caliber of opponent

LANSBURY - 4 - Did nothing and only served to show how lightweight our squad is that he even made it in there

BENDTNER - 5 - Played on the wing to no real purpose, why is he still playing for us....it's frankly embarrassing.

Özim
21-08-2011, 09:32 AM
woji - 7 - Made some excellent saves and solid overall

Jenko - 7 - Decent performance did his job well enough for a kid

Sagna - 6 - Unspectacular but did his job

Vermy - 9 - Excellent performance, solid and make Caroll's life very hard.

Miguel - 6 - Decent enough but needs more experience

Frimpong - 6 - Was impressed with his performance, played a good game other than taking some bad positions at times, marked down due to sending off

Ramsey - 4 - Not at the races, is he just out of form or is it the injury that's taken it's toll

Nasri - 7 Made some decent runs and was the most effective attacking midfielder by a mile

Arshavin - 5 - Tried but was pretty poor with everything he tried

Walcott - 5 - Non existent other than the odd cross, Enrique had him in his pocket all match, this guy just isn't progressing and at this stage of his career should be delivering

RVP - 6 - Didn't do a lot but then got no service

Koscielny - 6 - Did OK but then got injured

Lansbury - 5 Can't remember him doing anything

Bendtner - 5 - Ineffective, but then it makes no sense to play him on the wing, yet people say this situation isn't down to Wenger, he's playing big old battering rams strikers on the wing FFS!!! He spends 15 million on a winger and then decides Bendtner is a better choice on the wing, who the hell spends 15 million on a player they don't think is ready to play!

Özim
21-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Also this thread should be called "Arselol vs Liverpool" after all they won comfortably.

Fats
21-08-2011, 10:54 AM
woji - 9

Jenko - 7

Sagna - 7

Vermy - 9

Miguel - 7

Frimpong - 8

Ramsey - 4

Nasri - 7

Arshavin - 5

Walcott - 5

thoughts? pointless

Joker
21-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Chesney 8

Jenkinson 7.5

Vermaelen 9

Kosielny N/A

Sagna 6

Ramsey 4

Frimpong 7

Nasri 6.5

Walcott 3

RVP 3

Arshavin 2

Miquel 6

Lansbury 6

Bendtner 6

AKBapologist
21-08-2011, 12:40 PM
woji - 9 He's the next seaman

Jenko - 7 did little wrong

Sagna - 7 likewise

Vermy - 9 should have been captain

Miguel - 6 did well but ran out of steam towards the end, was responsible for both goals

Frimpong - 7 I can't wait till this chap matures... seriously.

Ramsey - 3 very very poor

Nasri - 5 average

Arshavin - 4 poor

Walcott - 2 worst display I've seen in a while although Liverpool were well drilled to deal with him

RVP - 1 I hope he's saving his best performance for the CL tie.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2011, 12:47 PM
woji - 7

Jenko - 9

Sagna - 7

Vermy - 9

Miguel - 7

Frimpong - 5 (8 if he didn't get sent off which cost us the game)

Ramsey - 5

Nasri - 7

Arshavin - 4 (marked him up from a 2 because he put in a lot of effort to be shit)

Walcott - 3 (Dreadful Theo, just dreadful)

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 02:49 PM
woji - 8 - looked solid and in command - first time in a long time I have seen an Arsenal keeper come out to claim and come back with the ball or at least send it out of harms way

Jenko - 7 - first his first game in PL - I say a job well done. Still need someone expereinced to carry s through the season as Sagna cant stay at LB all term

Sagna - 7 - asked to fit in and fit in he did

Vermy - 9 - our MOTM - lead by example and the defence looked solid even with Kos off with Verms around

Miguel - 6.5 - probably thought he had little chance of a game but wasnt given time to think about coming on......was thrown on and put in a solid shift, hopefully will get better but he isnt the imeediate answer we are looking for......one for the future, until he wants to go back to Spain that is.

Frimpong - 7 - could have been our MOTM if not for the sending off and the tackles that lead the ref to keep an eye on him. But for enthusasism there wasnt anyone better on our side and some of the senior players should have taken notice of his example and the contsnat urges I saw him giving out. Miles better than Denilson and not a square ball in sight.

Ramsey - 4 - Oh dear! on that perfromance I was sad to see him get the og, really summed his game. TBH I do think he needs more games but we need someone to come good with little hassle........hope Ramsey is that guy but not sure

Nasri - 7 - OK he played well, I would never have booed him although he seemed to have little time for the fans. The way he was going for it made me think this was his last game and he wanted to rubber stamp it but then some of you guys started mentioning the Citeh deal maybe being off - Question is - Do we play him against Ude?

Arshavin - 4 - Have not been impressed with this guy on the wide for a long time now. He flaters to deceive, see him put in a tackle but then have no penetration in attack. Time to move him in side I think or one of these signs we have been waiting for is bought with the idea of putting him on the bench. (Suppose Gervinho is about to do that)

Walcott - 4 - Striker? OK I will give that a try but the formation of the team will have to change and I cant see that hapeening soon so he needs to start getting better soon, cos he is another senior member he needs to be more of a leader.

RvP - 4 - not a great game......not a great two games.......the captaincy seems like a burden! but so does playing in this team. RvP does not have the luxury of another team courting him so he too like Walcott needs to get on with things......for me I would kike to see him playing alongside, slightly forward or behind another striker......again change of formation - the lone role is not his

We could have got a draw.....thats the best we could have got IMO. The season is still new, but I dont think we have that much time to get things right......actually I think we have about 9 days.......funny that! its about 9 days till the transfer window closes........uh Wenger san!?

Master Splinter
21-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Arshavin - 4 (marked him up from a 2 because he put in a lot of effort to be shit)

:haha:

Boss
21-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Chesney 8
Jenkinson 7.5
Vermaelen 9
Kosielny N/A
Sagna 7.5
Ramsey 5
Frimpong 5.5
Nasri 7.5
Walcott 5
RVP 5
Arshavin 5
Miquel 6
Lansbury 5
Bendtner 5

Flavs
22-08-2011, 07:52 AM
woji - 8 Great save off Carroll, good command of his area

Jenko - 7 Shocking that we are playing this guy so early and often, but he is stepping up and it is players like him who could make a positive change in the culture that has been infecting this Club.

Sagna - 7 - Seemed to slip a couple of times, but hard working and a lot was asked of him when we lost Bart through injury

Vermy - 8 - There were four playes, that stood out and TV was one of them. Along with Chesney, he may set a solid foundation for the spine this team has been lacking.

Miguel - 7 - Initial impression when he came on made me think, "oh christ, we're fucked now" but he grew in composure throughout the game - but there is no way in hell we should have been reduced to such a threadbare situation where he had to come on - against Liverpool. I fear for him if he is to play at Old Trafford.

Frimpong - 7 - I gave this guy MOTM in the other thread because if we were to score, this guy was going to be involved. His entusiasm and desire throughout the match was refreshing to see. This is what so many posters have been crying out for, but he needs to better channel his energies. I was impressed no end by Frimpong. Have marked him down because of the bookings - but he was our best player when on the pitch.

Ramsey - 5 - Anonymous - hardly involved at all, best I can say is that he didn't fuck up.

Nasri - 8 - He wanted to go out with a bang, and it showed. Had he finished off that fantastic run and had a marginally better shot, that would have been a candidate for goal of the season. If I was confident that he would deliver this type of performance throughout the season, I'd do whatever it took to keep him. As it is, we need him, but unless an arrangement can be made where he signs another contract and we agree to let him go next season, he has to go now.

Arshavin - 4 - Man, this guy is frustrating, but he also seems frustrated by being played out of position.

Walcott - - 4 - If we were still playing, Theo would not have taken on and beaten a man yet. My mate, Satnav Sean the Liverpool fan, was genuinely shocked at how poor Theo was. I had little expectation from him, but even this wasn't met.

RVP - 6 - Had to live off scraps and forced to come too deep.

This, exactly funking this :good:

Miguel i thought was really good when he came on, he certainly looked calmer than any otehr player on the pitch and is rather huge for a 19 year old, however its neitehr fair on us or him that he should have to be used in a game like this.

Coney
22-08-2011, 11:41 AM
This, exactly funking this :good:

Miguel i thought was really good when he came on, he certainly looked calmer than any otehr player on the pitch and is rather huge for a 19 year old, however its neitehr fair on us or him that he should have to be used in a game like this.

I'm with GB regarding Miguel. His first few minutes on the pitch made me long for the return of Cygan. He did get better but his first 15 minutes were a nightmare.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2011, 11:46 AM
The kids did ok, as well as they could have done in the situation. Ramsey was shit though.

It was the likes of RVP, Arshavin and Theo who needed to provide the spark but couldn't. Nasri was good in the first half but faded in the 2nd.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2011, 06:47 PM
woji - 7

Jenko - 7

Sagna - 7

Vermy - 8

Miguel - 7

Frimpong - 6

Ramsey - 4

Nasri - 7

Arshavin - 4

Walcott - 4