PDA

View Full Version : Wenger : Support Thread

gunnerrrrr
21-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Time we got behind/supported Wenger and the team..no more complaining from me gents.

Who else is in?

GunnerFan4Life
21-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Make atleast 2 or 3 signings 31st of August then I'll be way behind the team and the manager. Question him later if things go wrong.

BUT

If we don't sign players, when we clearly need new players then GW is in meltdown everyday for the next year.

Keith
21-08-2011, 10:39 PM
He'll get it right, the team will be ok. The luck with injuries can't continue for ever.

Samba will sign for someone before the window closes. He didn't play again yesterday.

He'll find a replacement for Cesc.

People on here will realise that Oxo was 6.5m plus extras.

Coney
21-08-2011, 10:39 PM
I think some of the GWers should watch 'The Caine Mutiny' with Humphrey Bogart. Watch the ending.

milla
21-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I think some of the GWers should watch 'The Caine Mutiny' with Humphrey Bogart. Watch the ending.

Spoiler plz! :coffee:

Marc Overmars
21-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I will by all means support him if I see an attempt to improve. I'm not even fussed about who we bring in anymore (within reason). This is the weakest squad we've had for a long time, if Wenger wants me to believe they are good enough as they are then I'd find that pretty insulting, and would then find it very difficult to back him.

Coney
21-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Spoiler plz! :coffee:

The crew take over the ship because the captain appears to have lost the plot - the captain having been decorated for exceptional service in the past. They then face a court martial for mutiny. They win the case, the captain breaking down under stress during the trial. Afterwards, they are celebrating their winning the case and their defending council comes in having won it for them. He ends, though, by asking them where they were in not supporting the man during his difficulties instead of working out how to relieve him of command.

Master Splinter
22-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Bogart :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2011, 02:33 AM
I will always be behind the team, I do honestly think that every time I sit in front of the box for a game that I will end up with a smile on my face after watching us win. . . .that being said for the life of me I cant understand our dealings or lack of over the last few seasons, I do understand the financial burden we landed ourselves in, with the move and new stadium but we seem to have been left behind.
Not sure who to pin the blame on for this but at times I feel a lack of insight has been shown by those holding the ropes be it Wenger or the board.

I felt extremely deflated on Saturday, the nature of the loss, Ramseys og, red cards, injuries etc all contributed, most of all was Wenger body language, he was pulling his hair out before the end of the first half, I watched Owen Coyle last night constantly pushing his team snd them responding!

Wenger may not be cut from exactly the same cloth but this is the leadership we need, I will be behind but like most I want him to lead, not blame but lead. This leadership needs to be shown too before the end of August, playets need to be brought in but something tells me that it is not only AWs hand that is invilved in what can only be described as an extremely frustrating time.

I believe he knows all that we are thinking and wants to do the right thing, time to go out and do it. . ,before its too late