PDA

View Full Version : And that was rock bottom... Match Reaction vs Udinese

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 08:30 PM
*waves* as it passes by...

A few signings and this season could become a great one yet...

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 08:36 PM
LOL @how goonerwebs dies whenever we get a positive result.

cheesy bites
24-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Gervinho and Jenkinson were class. Vermaelen solid at the back. Van Persie was creating mischief up front.

Oh and Scezeny is amazing.

GunnerFan4Life
The whole team was IMMENSE.

Chez is going to become a GREAT. :bow:

Rosicky :bow:

Theo :bow:

Rvp :bow:

Song :bow:

Verm :bow:

Jenks :bow:

Gerv :bow:

Its a shame Song, gerv and frimpong are missing the mancs, they would of given us a chance to beat them!

Letters
Great game, really pleased with our performance. Showed a lot of heart tonight.
Squad is still too thin (apart from Arshavin, lolz) but lot of positive signs tonight.

:scarf:

tpyo
I only saw the end of the second half but we looked pretty good. Theo's goal was especially interesting and I saw some Arsenal players shoot, which is a nice change ;)

WengerISaLizard
http://i.imgur.com/v1sqW.gif

the great chesney!

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Arsenal. :bow:

Very admirable effort, everyone out there put in a shift.

Proof right there that we can win against the odds and overcome difficult situations.

Now please for the love of god Wenger go and sign some players to give this team the best possible chance of success.

Letters
Gervinho and Jenkinson were class. Vermaelen solid at the back. Van Persie was creating mischief up front.

Oh and Scezeny is amazing.

:good: Think that was one of the best penalty saves I've seen. Brilliant.

gunnerrrrr
So that is what it is like to have a world class goalkeeper again.........

Gervhinio & Feo were dangerous, i love the dribbling and directness

Ramsey grew into the game, Rosicky was class and his introduction settled the midfield

We still need to work more efficiently when attacking in the last third and get more bodies into the box.

If we can make some quality signings there is still hope!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
Good Result, was good to see the leaders in the team step up and man up few signings and we coan be right in the mix.

the young boys did well, i saw players, playing for the shirt which was good to see.

Chesney is world class, Jekinson and Frimpong are amazing even Ramsey looked good.

Theo should be played in the middle from now on.

Sign some players AW nows the time.

Coney
Great game, really pleased with our performance. Showed a lot of heart tonight.
Squad is still too thin (apart from Arshavin, lolz) but lot of positive signs tonight.

:scarf:

:sulk: Get it right. "Showed great spirit". Where have you been?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-08-2011, 08:40 PM
chez was class.

theo looked lively.

gervinho direct as usual.

jenkinson solid.

song good.

should use this momentum in a positive way, really allow this to be the turning point in our season. go out and sign a couple of players.

knowing our board and manager that won't happen though.

Coney
24-08-2011, 08:40 PM

the great chesney!

Szczesny is god.

cheesy bites
24-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I still reckon Ramsey needs a bit of work, not a huge amount, but he's a bit sloppy at times.

GP
24-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Players I like:

Jenkinson
van Persie
Gervinho
Walcott
Vermaelen
Koscielney
Chesney
Sagna
Ramsey

Players I don't like:
Barton. Cunt.

Niall_Quinn
Ramsey grew into the game, Rosicky was class and his introduction settled the midfield

Got to give Wenger the credit for that. I thought he'd totally fucked it bringing Rosicky on for Frimpong but not only did Rosicky play his best game for years, he took the pressure off Ramsey.

Boss
Supporting this team will probably give me high blood pressure and a heart attack by the time I'm 30 but it's nights like this that make it worth it.

Great result from us, a lot of players can hold their heads high as we were very good away from home against a strong crowd (and decent team). To come back from going a goal down was very promising.

Very good game from Gervinho, looks a tricky player going forward and hopefully we can see some of that in the Premiership. MOTM imo. Top save from Chesney, for all the talk about ManU spending 18M on De Gea I really think that we have the better keeper and thank fuck that we didn't buy anyone. Also very impressed with Jenkinson, he's started strongly with us and hope it continues.

Credit to Wenger, he's slaughtered on here when things that are his fault go wrong so has to be given credit for the right result today. The swap of Frimpong for Rosicky was questioned by a few (me included) but it yielded instant results and the performance was good on the whole by us.

Negatives...

Song seems to have lost everything that made him a top player, not sure what's wrong with him (perhaps off field troubles related to Cameroon) but he's been below par for a while. Need a midfielder to give him some competition.

The referee was shocking, didn't see the reason for their penalty clearly but didn't look like there was much in it, we should have had a penalty after Ramsey was tripped in the box and one of their players should have been sent off for elbowing Walcott. Walcott also received a card for nothing meaning he'll miss the first game of the group stages.

On the whole top stuff and hopefully the board + Wenger can add some quality so we have a shot at something this season.

Kano
24-08-2011, 08:44 PM
that has to be czesny's spot until he's either injured or really fucks up, a great start to the season and that save will solidify it.

rosicky worked his nuts off and his positional awareness was needed where the middle was too weak first half. good to see them kill the game after the second and not be reckless, udinese were dead but still had pride to fight for at least.

much needed victory and goals before sunday and now get in some players, although i don't expect them to have any impact if rushed into the utd game on the weekend.

Joker
24-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I hope Wenger doesn't assume this win shows our squad is strong enough for the season. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

WengerISaLizard
24-08-2011, 08:45 PM
@JackWilshere "Sorry Spurs fans....we will not be joining you this year! Enjoy :D

quality support from Jack on twitter tonight, true gooner

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Got to give Wenger the credit for that. I thought he'd totally fucked it bringing Rosicky on for Frimpong but not only did Rosicky play his best game for years, he took the pressure off Ramsey.

Got to give him credit for a long tonight, he was tactially inept for once, Taking frimpong off was the best moves ever.

Power n Glory
24-08-2011, 08:46 PM

Yep, loads of credit for that one. Ricky was excellent. Tackled, passed and got a hold of the middle. A much better performance from Song as well. He has to play the DM role protecting the back.

GP
24-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I hope Wenger doesn't assume this win shows our squad is strong enough for the season. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Depends who's swallowing.

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 08:47 PM
*waves* as it passes by...

A few signings and this season could become a great one yet...

Great season

:haha:

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Depends who's swallowing.

Summer's mom is.. ##

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 08:48 PM

No, but it makes a good blowjob.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Great season

:haha:
The seasons were you start shit and finish well are always the best ones... Ask the mancs...

Really depends on signings though, sign 0-1 and we'll be in the shit.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Mental strength :bow:

Joker
Ramsey seems to be a bit slow at the start of this season. He improved as the game wore on, but he just seemed somewhat slugglish when trying to get away from the opposition midfielders when running with the ball.

Power n Glory
Wright is right. Theo isn't a winger. He's more like an Owen type striker. If we won't play 4-4-2 he has to at least play him on the left. Much better performance.

Gervinho has really made a difference as well. Great play on the flanks.

Marc Overmars
Morale should be flowing now through the club, really positive win but also the performance is the one we've not seen in a LONG time.

Few signings now and we can kick start the season. :pray:

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 08:51 PM
The seasons were you start shit and finish well are always the best ones... Ask the mancs...

Really depends on signings though, sign 0-1 and we'll be in the shit.

If we get 3-4 experienced signings in, we will have a good season otherwise :rose:

Coney
No, but it makes a good blowjob.

No - that would be two swallows.

AKBapologist
@Nanas08: Congratulation guys fantastic team performance fully deserved

Kano
24-08-2011, 08:52 PM
the producers must be livid that they haven't got a 'club in crisis' story on their hands tonight

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 08:52 PM
"There may be signings but I cannot give you any names tonight, I cannot lie and say we've signed a player but we will try" Wenger

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 08:53 PM
@Nanas08: Congratulation guys fantastic team performance fully deserved

Fuck off cunt!

Nasri not you btw AKB..

cheesy bites
24-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Bring it on Fergie.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Bring it on Fergie.
Meh, not bothered if we lose that match. We've got not squad.

GP
24-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Fuck off cunt!

Nasri not you btw AKB..

We should send Diaby to break the cunt's other leg. Cunt.

Globalgunner
Hats off to Wenger for the Rosicky sub, i too went...What?. Rosicky showed that maybe there is still a player in there, if only he could rediscover his scoring touch. i hope this means all the signings that have been pending will now materialise in the next few days and le Proff does`nt start pontificating in front of the microphones of his squads quality and boundless potential. Now if we could only persuade Udinese to take Almunia for that their goalie, Hamdanovic and a bagfull of 50`s.

Coney
Wright is right. Theo isn't a winger. He's more like an Owen type striker. If we won't play 4-4-2 he has to at least play him on the left. Much better performance.

Gervinho has really made a difference as well. Great play on the flanks.

Yup - Theo should play down the middle just off RvP as the 2 in a 4-4-2.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Meh, not bothered if we lose that match. We've got not squad.

Pretty much. Anything from that game is a bonus.

Get some signings in, have the international break, then smash Swansea to really begin the season!

Olivier's xmas twist
"There may be signings but I cannot give you any names tonight, I cannot lie and say we've signed a player but we will try" Wenger

Well he's right no point in saying we signing Benzema tonight when he don't, im sure he knows his targets whether he gets them is a diffrent issue.

Fuck off cunt!

Nasri not you btw AKB..

:lol:
Nasri :pal:

selassie
I thought we were superb 2nd half, some real strong performances, especially the front 3, Rosicky, Ramsey & Jenkinson.

Positive stuff, hope we can add some new faces and build on the result.

IBK
24-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Yup.

KESSLER
24-08-2011, 09:02 PM
We should send Diaby to break the cunt's other leg. Cunt.

Get him to do one of them John Terry kicks too. Cunt.

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Yup - Theo should play down the middle just off RvP as the 2 in a 4-4-2.

With a 4-4-2 we can even move Song as CB and have more cover or if we buy a good CB, then him and JW can be in the middle. Good thing as Ramsey is shit!

------God---------

Sagna---Kos---new CB--Verm

top class player---Song---JW---Gervinho

----------RVP-------

--------Theo-------------

Bench: Rosicky, Frimpong, Flappy, OAC/Ryo, Arshavin, DJ

bignev
24-08-2011, 09:13 PM
With a 4-4-2 we can even move Song as CB and have more cover or if we buy a good CB, then him and JW can be in the middle. Good thing as Ramsey is shit!

Ramsey isn't shit, he's young and still learning the game.

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Amazing, very proud of them.

Would City fans ever feel like that about their team?

:bow:

Now Wenger for the love of god spend some fucking money!!

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 09:17 PM
No - that would be two swallows.

To be young again...

Coney
24-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Amazing, very proud of them.

Would City fans ever feel like that about their team?

:bow:

Now Wenger for the love of Szzsefeaeney spend some fucking money!!

Fixed it for you.

Coney
24-08-2011, 09:18 PM
To be young again...

Tell me about it... :(

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Fixed it for you.

It's spelt g-o-d in the original Polish. Still not sure a rookie keeper will be able to keep up this level of performance, on the other hand haven't seen anyone else in the PL I'd replace him with right now. Looks like he's done the biz and nailed his place down just like he said he would.

Edinburgh Gooner
24-08-2011, 09:25 PM
2215: UDINESE 1-2 ARSENAL
David Ornstein reports: "Messrs Van Persie, Szczesny and Walcott dig Arsenal out of a hole and restore order at the Emirates. Courage, spirit, fight and technical class all round. Crisis averted. For now…"

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-08-2011, 09:26 PM
wenger says vermaelen might be out of man utd game.

you cant make this shit up :lol:

Coney
24-08-2011, 09:28 PM
2215: UDINESE 1-2 ARSENAL
David Ornstein reports: "Messrs Van Persie, Szczesny and Walcott dig Arsenal out of a hole and restore order at the Emirates. Courage, spirit, fight and technical class all round. Crisis averted. For now…"

Who the f*** is David Ornstein?

Coney
24-08-2011, 09:29 PM

He's playing mind games with Fergie. Cesc and Nasri haven't really been sold and will be rolled out at the weekend.

Joker
24-08-2011, 09:29 PM

We MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST sign a defender :pray:

Edinburgh Gooner
24-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Who the f*** is David Ornstein?

I'm guessing a nobber from the BBC as that's where the quote came from

Coney
24-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Supporting this team will probably give me high blood pressure and a heart attack by the time I'm 30 but it's nights like this that make it worth it.

Great result from us, a lot of players can hold their heads high as we were very good away from home against a strong crowd (and decent team). To come back from going a goal down was very promising.

Very good game from Gervinho, looks a tricky player going forward and hopefully we can see some of that in the Premiership. MOTM imo. Top save from Chesney, for all the talk about ManU spending 18M on De Gea I really think that we have the better keeper and thank fuck that we didn't buy anyone. Also very impressed with Jenkinson, he's started strongly with us and hope it continues.

Credit to Wenger, he's slaughtered on here when things that are his fault go wrong so has to be given credit for the right result today. The swap of Frimpong for Rosicky was questioned by a few (me included) but it yielded instant results and the performance was good on the whole by us.

Negatives...

Song seems to have lost everything that made him a top player, not sure what's wrong with him (perhaps off field troubles related to Cameroon) but he's been below par for a while. Need a midfielder to give him some competition.

The referee was shocking, didn't see the reason for their penalty clearly but didn't look like there was much in it, we should have had a penalty after Ramsey was tripped in the box and one of their players should have been sent off for elbowing Walcott. Walcott also received a card for nothing meaning he'll miss the first game of the group stages.

On the whole top stuff and hopefully the board + Wenger can add some quality so we have a shot at something this season.

The ref being shocking was not a negative. Although he made mistakes, our boys kept on at it and won despite that, which is a positive.

Φzim
24-08-2011, 09:39 PM
1st half Udinese had us on the rack, Di Natale was unstoppable.

Second half much better, the penalty save turned the game though, after that Udinese seemed to lose something and once we scored the 2nd it was all over.

Some good performances out there with Chesney and Gervinho the stand out players. Good result for us, we still need a number of top signings if we're going to compete though, Udinese were very good but did lose 3 of their most potent players over the summer as well.

Quality signings please.

Tipsychubbs
24-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Rosicky was class and his introduction settled the midfield

Glad this is being highlighted. Ok injuries have degraded him a bit, but the amount of hate he's been getting in the last season or two has been extreme. His experience will help us, something that the younger players can learn from. At his best he is still a quality player.

Had a good pre-season too but people didn't seem to notice.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Rosicky's defensive game is very impressive. To me he's a complete non-entity in attack but I'm pleased to see he can still provide something else for the team.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Also, Gervinho taking on players. :bow:

We've really lacked someone who is just willing to run at players and go toe to toe with someone for pace. Great assist for RVP's goal and hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

Tipsychubbs
24-08-2011, 10:07 PM
gervinho direct as usual.

should use this momentum in a positive way, really allow this to be the turning point in our season. go out and sign a couple of players.

Marc Overmars

Also, Gervinho taking on players.

We've really lacked someone who is just willing to run at players and go toe to toe with someone for pace. Great assist for RVP's goal and hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

We've been missing his style of directness for a while, apart from a handful of players like the now gone Nasri, Wilshire, Arshavin when he can be bothered or when Rosicky still had his pace and bursting runs pre-injury, or Hleb etc.

He's a player that makes things happen by carrying the ball and running at people; it seems he is actually Nasri's replacement as a wing forward on either flank (Nasri only played in the middle when Cesc was out). Ryo and AOC are also in a similar fashion.

Now if we can only get a Cesc replacement in the middle Central Attacking Midfield position to add to the squad, preferably someone direct who can carry the ball, someone like Lucho Gonzalez or Jadson it will cement our attack.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 10:09 PM
RVP not pulling punches on whether or not he reckons we should strengthen the club. "We got a bit of money now... we can spend it good"

cricketsi
24-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Glad I managed to find a bar to watch the match in St Petersburg. No idea why they were given a penalty though as there wasn't a single replay and I couldn't understand the Russian commentary. What happened?

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Frimpong also had another good outing.

Lets say he's Denilson's replacement in the squad, they are worlds apart.

Frimpers. :bow:

GunnerFan4Life
24-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Glad I managed to find a bar to watch the match in St Petersburg. No idea why they were given a penalty though as there wasn't a single replay and I couldn't understand the Russian commentary. What happened?

The '5th' official on the goal post said Verm handballed when corner came in.

Sirjackofwilshere
24-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Thank heavens is all I can say. Boy did the club need the lift. Now buy some players Wenger...pls for the love of god.

Coney
24-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Never any doubt.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Good win.Nothings changed. Players still needed.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 11:27 PM
"When we finish with 11 players we always win the game" Arsene

I would fucking love that to be the motto of our season

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 05:28 AM
Szczesny :bow:

Jenkinson :bow:

Gervinho :bow:

Rosicky :bow: world's greatest tackler tbh.

Also, Sagna seemed like a man reborn on the left. Even though there was no need for his rebirth. We have our new left-back tbf.

It needs to be mentioned again that the ref was an absolute dickhead. We got four booking and maybe only Vermaelen's was deserved, but even that looked accidental. He constantly fell for their diving too. We should have had a pel and played against 10 for the closing stages. Then he books Theo :doh:. A pointless assistant behind the line notices something for once in a crowd. And it would be a decision against us. Then the other one fails to see a clear elbow with nothing obstructing him :doh:. Just shoot them all.

Also, the Udinese fans were booing Walcott for having the audacity to score against them, getting smashed in the face and getting booked for nothing after a foul by their player. Theo: what a bastard.

KSE Comedy Club
25-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Szczesny :bow:

Jenkinson :bow:

Gervinho :bow:

Rosicky :bow: world's greatest tackler tbh.

Also, Sagna seemed like a man reborn on the left. Even though there was no need for his rebirth. We have our new left-back tbf.

It needs to be mentioned again that the ref was an absolute dickhead. We got four booking and maybe only Vermaelen's was deserved, but even that looked accidental. He constantly fell for their diving too. We should have had a pel and played against 10 for the closing stages. Then he books Theo :doh:. A pointless assistant behind the line notices something for once in a crowd. And it would be a decision against us. Then the other one fails to see a clear elbow with nothing obstructing him :doh:. Just shoot them all.

Also, the Udinese fans were booing Walcott for having the audacity to score against them, getting smashed in the face and getting booked for nothing after a foul by their player. Theo: what a bastard.

He put them out of the CL tbf.

He probably is a bastard in their eyes :lol:

Flavs
25-08-2011, 07:30 AM

the great chesney!

I genuinely dont think i am overstating it when i say thats probably the best penalty save ever

Flavs
25-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Never any doubt.

:lol:

I wqs shitting a brick before kick off and nearly cried when Woji saved the penalty, full credit to Di Natale for applauding the save as well. In fact respect to Udinese and Guidolin for the way they conducted themselves throughout (We will ignore Neutons elbow on the cott)

Overall i am grinning like an idiot, i have already given quite a few nose waves and "ner ner's" to people in the office this morning and long may that continue. Obviously we are going to get stuffed at Old Trafford but thats just Arsenal for you. I do however think we would have beaten Liverpool with Song and Gervinho playing.

Other positives last night? We changed tactics not once, not thrice but well, twice. we weer far better when Rosicky went to the top of the midfield three and Song went to the back. Also Jenko, playing in the conference at Xmas, playing in the champs league in August :bow:

Oh and i know i am biased but Sagna is IMHO the best full back in the world at the moment, i cant think of any better than him right now.

Add 4 or 5 players, get everyone fit and i think we can get 4th maybe even nick Chelsea for 3rd.

Fats
25-08-2011, 07:35 AM
RVP not pulling punches on whether or not he reckons we should strengthen the club. "We got a bit of money now... we can spend it good"

Which basically is a warning to Wenger that he will be off if reinforcements dont arrive.

Boss
25-08-2011, 08:31 AM
92 – Percent of 71 passes completed by Aaron Ramsey**
78 – Percent of 41 passes completed by Benatia
0 – Percent chance I heard of Benatia before this match
0 – Percent chance any of us will remember his name after tonight’s celebrations
21 – Number of passes between Vermaelen and Sagna*
17 – Number of passes between Ramsey and Song and Sagna and Ramsey
12 – Number of passes between Frimpong and van Persie
1 – Fouls committed each by Frimpong and Jenkinson
4 – Fouls committed by Song
4 – Days since Arsenal have had a red card
331 – Days since an Arsenal keeper last saved a penalty in the Champions League (Partizan 1-3 Arsenal)
331 – Days since Arsenal last recorded an away win in the Champions League (Partizan 1-3 Arsenal)
14 – Consecutive years that Arsenal have made it to the knockout stages of the Champions League
10 – Consecutive Champions League qualifiers that Arsenal have won
21 – Positive goal differential for Arsenal in those 10 matches
19 – Arsenal shots
13 – Arsenal shots on goal
229 – Days since Arsenal last had 13 or more shots on goal (Arsenal 1-1 Leeds, FA Cup, January 2011)
35 – Degrees Centigrade at kickoff
20440 – Combined Meters covered by Walcott and Jenkinson on the right**
18582 – Combined Meters covered by Sagna and Gervinho on the left
7103 – Bottles of Lucozade consumed by the Arsenal players after the match

Think the Lucozade one is a joke... :unsure:

Also, 19 shots :yikes:

6 – Theo Walcott has now scored or assisted a goal in all six of his Champions League Qualifying appearances. Reliable.

22 – Robin Van Persie has now scored 22 goals in 26 appearances for Arsenal in 2011. Deadly.

Theo and VP :bow: :bow:

Flavs
25-08-2011, 08:36 AM
yeah i noticed the lucozade one as well, wierd

Letters
25-08-2011, 08:40 AM
They must bloody love Lucozade.
Probably because it's isotonic. That means it's in balance with your body fluids
:johnbarnes:

Just noticed out far Chesney was off his line when the penalty was hit. :lol:
Amazing save though.

Boss
25-08-2011, 08:58 AM
I felt a little silly after the save because I gave a lot of stick to Di Natale before the kick was taken. It’s something that shouldn’t be said on TV but it worked and he came to me after the game and and said ‘well done’ so I felt a little bit stupid because he’s quite a nice guy

Chesney :bow: :bow:

AKBapologist
25-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Chesney :bow: :bow:
An English speaking WUM maestro for a keeper :bow:

Darth Vela
25-08-2011, 09:24 AM
think the Lucozade one is a joke,.. :unsure:

Also, 19 shots :yikes:

Theo and VP :bow: :bow:

Yeah, the guy always throws in a few gag stats, like there was 'number of elbows thrown by Steven Taylor' in the Newcastle stats, although that may well have been accurate.

Can't really add anything to what has already been said here tbh, phenomenal save from SZCZ and a good committed performance all round, seems like even though we're now lacking on the talent front (which had better be sorted by the end of the transfer window...) we seem to have more of that spirit/grit/Englishness that's been lacking, long may it continue.

Coney
25-08-2011, 09:52 AM
yeah i noticed the lucozade one as well, wierd

Maybe they bath in it.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Just seen the highlights

Gervinho actually does something for once :bow:

Theo :bow:

Handanovic :bow: A must get

Sir Chesneys great penalty save :bow:

hobson's choice
25-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Only saw the highlights just recently, but great result, really needed a win, but that defense needs to tighten up ASAP, anyways Chesney looks good, like what Gervinho is doing. Looks like we are gonna be rotating that midfield a lot. We really need to get a couple of players in virtually all areas.

Dog Toffee
25-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Where are the 'Wenger Out' Tossers now?

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Where are the 'Wenger Out' Tossers now?

Yeah cos one win in a game we never should have been in forgives Wenger for all of his mistakes the past few years

Kids :rolleyes:

Dog Toffee
25-08-2011, 03:40 PM
No. A draw and a loss and suddenly Wenger should be sacked, according to the results of the GW poll. You stupid cretins.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 03:41 PM
No. A draw and a loss and suddenly Wenger should be sacked, according to the results of the GW poll. You stupid cretins.

The Wenger Out brigade have been around a lot longer than this season.

Cant speak for anyone else but ive wanted him since the start of last season and nothing i have seen since then has changed my mind.

Dog Toffee
25-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Either you agree with me or you cant spell. Then again they only start teaching English after Nursery Class.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2011, 04:49 PM

:blink:

Don't think anyone was basing their opinion of Wenger on the first 2 games of this season.

Boss
25-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Pretty much.

Dog Toffee :rose:

Keith
25-08-2011, 04:57 PM

What about the league form during 2011, it's shocking.

Φzim
25-08-2011, 05:07 PM
How about 6 years of failure, embarrassing defeats and calamitous collapses then?

That's on top of making us a laughing stock.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Disgraceful draw and loss at the start of this season really! Wenger Out!

Power n Glory
25-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I bloody well hope Wenger doesn't think he's been vindicated and decides not to bother signing any players next week.

-Xs-
25-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I bloody well hope Wenger doesn't think he's been vindicated and decides not to bother signing any players next week.

Too late

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 01:46 PM
my reaction is to laugh at ach as he says chesney is crap and de gea is better. what a shocker :haha:

on a serious note, and something that i have seen in all the games so far is that every single player plays with pride for the shirt this season, always doing their best and giving all which i know i was complaining that it didnt happen last year. when the team needed big players to step up in this game, the big players did, ches with the save and theo and rvp with the goals.

oh and gervinho and jenkison look great buys.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Yep, we're putting some work in atm and the talk by Verm and Szczesney of how they were motivated in the dressing room and 'alive' means all this crap might have had a bit of a galvanising effect on the squad, get a bit more talent in now and the summer clearout might have actually had a positive effect.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Yep, we're putting some work in atm and the talk by Verm and Szczesney of how they were motivated in the dressing room and 'alive' means all this crap might have had a bit of a galvanising effect on the squad, get a bit more talent in now and the summer clearout might have actually had a positive effect.

just like fergie did with his team last year, there werent many world class signings and is widely regarded as his weakest team to win the league, if wenger has this team fighting for their lives every minute on the pitch who knows what to do. so far im pleased wit hte team