PDA

View Full Version : Wojciech Szczesny

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Think it's safe to say Wenger made the right decision in not signing a keeper the other year. This kid is quality and has a real presence about him, much like Jens and Seamo. I think the key thing is that he's a big personality and all the best keepers are like that, cult heroes in their own right.

Loved this guy ever since he became number 1 and I'm absolutely delighted the days of Almunia and Fabianksi practically chucking the ball into the net are long gone.

Chezza. :loveblush:

Kano
24-08-2011, 09:06 PM
really strong start to the season and will eat up the massive confidence boost he got from tonight. fabianski is a solid replacement who was playing very well last year too, so i think that issue no longer exists.

selassie
24-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah he's a decent keeper I like him. Typical Arsene solves a problem in one position and then creates them in about 3 other positions!

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Amazing pen save.

:bow:

IBK
24-08-2011, 09:14 PM
What interests me is that Ferguson has gone for youth too - and Szcezny is better than De Gea.

Özim
24-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Been very good, getting better by the game.

AW was never going to give him the number 1 jersey though, he started with Almunia (stuck with him) but when he messed up badly he gave Fabianski the position until he got injured, so not sure this has turned out as he planned.

Kano
24-08-2011, 09:16 PM
What interests me is that Ferguson has gone for youth too - and Szcezny is better than De Gea.
as are chelsea and looking at world football in general, there is a growing stack of youth playing in first teams.

KESSLER
24-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Just seen this off twitter ....

Szczęsny, the man who told the ref at a U18 game not to bother checking his nets, as the opponents wouldn't score, saves.

For the record, Szczęsny was right. The opponents didn't score, and Arsenal won. Lets hope the same applies here.

:lol:

Legend :bow:

IBK
24-08-2011, 09:17 PM

AW was never going to give him the number 1 jersey though, he started with Almunia (stuck with him) but when he messed up badly he gave Fabianski the position until he got injured, so not sure this has turned out as he planned.

Doesn't matter. For once a junior player is flourishing (also Frimpong :good: and Jenkinson :good:)

Boss
24-08-2011, 09:19 PM

This.

GP
24-08-2011, 09:21 PM
De Gay :lol:

Coney
24-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Wenger wanted to give it a couple of years because he thought Szczensy was not going to be ready straight away and was worried how he would take the pressure at a young age. However, because of injuries, he was forced to play Szcz and it became clear after a couple of games that pressure does not and will not worry him. Wenger is open to a changing situation (contrary to popular belief) and has made him number 1. As soon as we have ended a season with Aluminium buggering off, Szczesny will get the No.1 shirt. Can't wait, myself.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:34 PM

They paid 20 Mill 2 while we payed lol

Szczesny Is no 1 now all he needs is the jersey, do feel bad for Flappyhandski but he'd be a set back right now. Lets hope the cc balls up has helped the young keeper

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:35 PM
De Gay :lol:

ACH :pal:

Keith
24-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Lets hope he has a long contract

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Lets hope he has a long contract

Doesnt matter.. Chelsea will soon come after him since Cech is beginning to be a bit shit

But till the time he is here.. what a fuckin lad! :bow:

Letters
24-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Wenger got a lot of stick for not signing a 'keeper. I thought it was a ridiculous decision but Wenger's got this one right.
Fabianski looked good when he got his chance last year but Chesney looked even better and he's been brilliant this season.
The penalty save tonight was ridiculous and just generally he commands the box well.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Szczesny's interview "I said something to Di Natalie... I shouldn't repeat on TV..."

GP
24-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Chesney's 'keeping...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c&feature=player_embedded

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-08-2011, 10:15 PM
if anyone has a picture of that penalty save would be awesome. just when he got the hands to the ball.

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I knew this lad was gonna be top drawer when I saw him play whilst he was on loan and couldnt wait for wenger to give him a chance.

Needless to say, he is now proving the doubters wrong.

Chesney :bow:

Coney
24-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Wenger got a lot of stick for not signing a 'keeper. I thought it was a ridiculous decision but Wenger's got this one right.
Fabianski looked good when he got his chance last year but Chesney looked even better and he's been brilliant this season.
The penalty save tonight was ridiculous and just generally he commands the box well.

I had also thought that he should buy but as soon as I saw Sz, I thought he had great potential. I still thought he should have bought Friedel as a temp for a couple of years though.

Boss
24-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Syn, Jeebus and me for bigging up Chezza when clowns on here were saying Almunia should be playing instead of him. :bow: :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Syn, Jeebus and me for bigging up Chezza when clowns on here were saying Almunia should be playing instead of him. :bow: :bow:

hear, hear.

Us & Syn :bow:

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Decent keeper.Still, would rather have a world class keeper which he isn't yet

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 06:07 AM
ACH :pal:

:gp:

KSE Comedy Club
25-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Decent keeper.Still, would rather have a world class keeper which he isn't yet

He will be world class, and every great player has to start somewhere and have their time to shine.

Chesney's time is now and I think he will be the best keeper in the league this season.

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 07:23 AM
He will be world class, and every great player has to start somewhere and have their time to shine.

He's WUMming, as usual. Does he ever back down and say he was wrong about a player? Or is that not in the WUM's playbook?

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 11:09 AM
He's WUMming, as usual. Does he ever back down and say he was wrong about a player? Or is that not in the WUM's playbook?

Well no im not but thanks for coming.

And youre one to talk about WUMs not admitting they are wrong....Jose Enrique anyone?

I rest my case

Fist of Lehmann
25-08-2011, 11:15 AM
:bow: for the psych-out on Di Natale.

Didn't work but still :bow:

Arsenal keeper for the next 15 years?

milla
25-08-2011, 11:18 AM
:bow: for the psych-out on Di Natale.

Didn't work but still :bow:

Arsenal keeper for the next 15 years?

Only if we offer him 16 years contract. :coffee:

up the arse
25-08-2011, 12:32 PM
unless he decided he wants to 'go home' after a few more seasons!

Coney
25-08-2011, 12:32 PM
unless he decided he wants to 'go home' after a few more seasons!

Have you seen Poland?

up the arse
25-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Have you seen Poland?

ha ha:ilt:

Cripps_orig
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
WOJCIECH SZCZESNY wants to stay at Arsenal for 15 years and become a legend like David Seaman.

In an in-depth interview, Szczesny's stunning girlfriend Sandra Dziwiszek revealed how the keeper:
•Coped with Arsenal's disastrous start to the season and particularly the 8-2 Old Trafford disaster.
•Tells off his family who are worried sick every time he is between the sticks.
•Has agreed to do a degree — under pressure from his other half.

After winning the Gunners' No 1 spot, Szczesny now aims to become one of the club's greats.

Sandra revealed: "He only thinks about Arsenal. He would like to become a legend like David Seaman.

"He started to play here very early and would like to continue throughout the next 15 years. That's his dream and he is doing everything to make it come true."

The Szczesny-Laurent Koscielny mix-up that allowed Obafemi Martins to plant Birmingham's late winner in the Carling Cup final could have broken a lesser man.

But the Pole has never doubted his ability — though his entire family watch anxiously every time he is on the pitch.

Sandra, 18, said: "Yes, of course I watch his games. I can't be at every match but, if I can, I'm in front of the TV and keeping my fingers crossed — it doesn't matter if it's Arsenal or Poland thaWoj's missus: He'll be a hit

t he is playing for. I'm definitely more stressed than Wojciech. He is the type that takes everything very calmly.

"He is never stressed. He's got a huge amount of confidence. When it is visible I'm stressed before a match he always says 'Why do you behave like that? Everything will be fine. I'm a very good keeper. Don't you believe in me?'

"So it is always me, his mum, dad and whole family that are stressed. Never him."

Following the Wembley loss and Arsenal's implosion last season, many fans and pundits alike wanted Wenger to sign an experienced keeper — but the boss would not budge.

Szczesny, 21, has come good this term. A series of vital saves against Olympiakos this week helped the Gunners to a vital Champions League victory to keep the winning streak going ahead of tomorrow's North London derby. But how did he cope after Arsenal's worst defeat in more than a century at Old Trafford in August?

Sandra said: "I thought he would be devastated. But when I saw him after the game he wasn't that bad. Of course he was sad but it was more or less OK. He wanted to forget about it as quickly as possible.

"He wanted to move on to. It's good it happened at the beginning of the season."

Polish international pole-vaulter Sandra and Szczesny met a few years ago at a party in Warsaw. She is finishing school this year and hopes to get a place in a London university next year to finally be with her man full-time.

Sandra admitted that a long-distance relationship is difficult but our pictures tell their own story — they love each other to bits.

She added on Polish TV: "Since he became the first-team goalkeeper it is very difficult. One or two years ago he was in Warsaw every week. He used to fly in on Sunday and the same day he was back in London. Now he has a free day every two or three weeks.

"I try to visit him, too, but have my own responsibilities and school. For now it is more about talking on the phone or Skype. We'll be like that for a year at the most.

"I have to finish my high school and graduation exams in May.

"Then I want to study in London so finally we will be close together. After Euro 2012 everything will be fine, we'll be able to live together."

Sandra has been pushing her man to do a degree as well next year. It seems she will get her way as the Arsenal keeper is looking into a sports-related course.

She added: "I want to study law. I have been trying to force Wojciech to study something and he has said 'yes'. Maybe something like sports psychology or different studies connected to sport."

But first he will be studying how to stop Tottenham's strikers at White Hart Lane tomorrow.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3846927/Sandra-Dziwiszek-says-Wojciech-Szczesny-wants-to-become-an-Arsenal-legend.html

More importantly, pics of the bint on the link

Thoughts?

KESSLER
01-10-2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3846927/Sandra-Dziwiszek-says-Wojciech-Szczesny-wants-to-become-an-Arsenal-legend.html

More importantly, pics of the bint on the link

Thoughts?

Her face is quite scary but the body is banging. I'd give it a 7, maybe a 7.5

alexander
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Her face is quite scary but the body is banging. I'd give it a 7, maybe a 7.5

out of 2, I`d give her 1

GP
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
i'd pee in her butt :coffee:

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has stated he is currently happy at the club, but could be tempted by a move to Barcelona later in his career.
Despite the Gunners enduring a poor start to the season, the Poland international has been in excellent form.
Szczesny, 20, only signed a new long-term contract at the Emirates last year and is keen to continue with the north London club, but refused to rule out a move to the Spanish giants later in his career.
“I can't declare that I will spend my entire career here, but if I leave I will have a very important reason or I will go to Barcelona,“ Szczesny told polskathetimes.pl.
"I can't imagine a situation where I would leave this club just for money."
The confident shot-stopper believes he has a level of authority on the pitch and is keen to one day captain the Gunners.
He added: "I feel that when I say something, everyone listens to me. More so on the field than in the dressing room, but that's more important I think.
"I want to be the captain of the team. I feel that I am able to take on that responsibility. I always wanted to be captain and if I ever get that honour, I will gladly put on the armband."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/04/2696508/if-i-leave-i-will-have-a-very-important-reason-or-i-will-go

Bye

Ollie the Optimist
04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/04/2696508/if-i-leave-i-will-have-a-very-important-reason-or-i-will-go

Bye

oh god now you will never like cos he said he might like to play for barca one day. :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 07:16 PM
oh god now you will never like cos he said he might like to play for barca one day. :rolleyes:

Chesney is dumb for saying it right now tbh, and there is no indiaction barca would want him anyways. But i like his confidence though

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
After all the Cesc shit for the last couple of years that Barca put us through, you'd have thought the clown would have engaged his brain before saying that.

:doh:

Xhaka Can’t
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Stop slandering the guy with your outrageous allegations.

Özim
04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Barca > Mini (shite) Barca

Chesney :thumbsup:

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Shame if he really said this. Exactly what we don't need to hear from one of the few players in our squad that's making steady progress. And especially on the back of throwing away a point against our fiercest rivals. These players live in a different world and they really don't give a shit about the fans - not really. It's all just lip service until the real intent is uncovered.

Master Splinter
04-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Fabianski :bow:.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Shame if he really said this. Exactly what we don't need to hear from one of the few players in our squad that's making steady progress. And especially on the back of throwing away a point against our fiercest rivals. These players live in a different world and they really don't give a shit about the fans - not really. It's all just lip service until the real intent is uncovered.

Of course it is but siksdiksadasd has always been a gobby shite tbh, end of the day no point worrying about who may leave one day but who is here now and how we can keep him here.

end of the day players have no loyalty any more and it shows every day, every game

Ollie the Optimist
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
he said one day he might like to play for barcelona. and we all going over the top. anyone see that bit hwere he said he wants to be arsenal captain and how much it would mean to him? no? thought not

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 09:41 PM
he said one day he might like to play for barcelona. and we all going over the top. anyone see that bit hwere he said he wants to be arsenal captain and how much it would mean to him? no? thought not

your the bigger wengerist on here do you think your man would want to here that right now in the shit his team is in. No one its not saying don't be ambitious but there is a time when he could have said it.

Ollie the Optimist
04-10-2011, 09:44 PM

this is being made into a much bigger deal then it is. how do we know that he said he wanted to play for barca on his own, did the journalist ask him and hten put the quotes together to make it seem like he said it outright. we dont know. he loves this club, he owes this club too. he wants to be arsenal captain he said that, i take that more seriously then i might want to play for barca one day.

Master Splinter
04-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Wanting to be Arsenal captain is surely the most damning evidence that he wants to leave?

At least he's honest about it early on.

Until he gets a sleazebag international team of agents and cunt friends to arrange an elaborate circus of tapping-up and general cuntery, I'll hold fire though.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 10:08 PM
this is being made into a much bigger deal then it is. how do we know that he said he wanted to play for barca on his own, did the journalist ask him and hten put the quotes together to make it seem like he said it outright. we dont know. he loves this club, he owes this club too. he wants to be arsenal captain he said that, i take that more seriously then i might want to play for barca one day.

Quoting yourself 1st sign of madness you know

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 10:09 PM
this is being made into a much bigger deal then it is. how do we know that he said he wanted to play for barca on his own, did the journalist ask him and hten put the quotes together to make it seem like he said it outright. we dont know. he loves this club, he owes this club too. he wants to be arsenal captain he said that, i take that more seriously then i might want to play for barca one day. Yeah cos Arsenal captains never join Barca...

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah cos Arsenal captains never join Barca...

:haha:

Chrissie
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
3) Please continue the "Szczesny to Barcelona" rumours. Makes me laugh everytime I read it :) haha
6 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

13Szczesny13 Wojciech Szczesny
2) I AM injured and had to be pulled out of Polish national team. Hope to recover asap. (Thats for Polish media)
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»

»
Wojciech Szczesny
RVP is doing a great job as a skipper and he fully deserves an armband.
9 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»
Wojciech Szczesny
1) I never said I deserve an Arsenal armband. I said that I would love to one day take a responsibilty of being an Arsenal skipper.
10 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»
Wojciech Szczesny
I got annoyed with a few things about myself in the media recently so I'm gonna set the record straight.

Japan Shaking All Over
05-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Polish national team may easily have a case to blame our defence for his injury due to the unnecessary pressure they put Chez under!

Xhaka Can’t
05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Polish national team may easily have a case to blame our defence for his injury due to the unnecessary pressure they put Chez under!

Yeah, we should compensate them for the salary they are spendimg.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 03:59 PM
WOJCIECH SZCZESNY insists he still needs to improve if he is to cement his place as Arsenal's No1.

The Polish goalkeeper has fought his way to the top of the Gunners' pecking order ahead of Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski.

The 21-year-old was on loan at League One side Brentford just two years ago but will face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League tomorrow night.

Yet despite his rapid rise, Szczesny believes he is nowhere near the finished article and still has plenty to learn.

Szczesny said: "I still need to prove myself at this club, to work hard every day and prove myself as a number one.

"I am going to keep working hard and doing my best. I am satisfied, but you can always be much better.

"I can improve on every single aspect of my game. There is no finished article in football.

"I am only 21, so I try to improve every aspect.

"I am just focusing on doing my job properly and if my manager and team-mates appreciate it, then I am happy.

He added: "People still say I am over confident, but I am a big critic of myself.

"If I watch a game the day after I played it, I look at the mistakes I have made and I try to learn from them.

"I speak to the coaches and we analyse every little mistake and it's all to make me improve.

"There is a lot of room for improvement, I believe."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3952377/Arsenal-news-Wojciech-Szczesny-says-he-has-got-it-all-to-prove.html

First sensible thing hes ever said and add that to the improving performances on the pitch, the clown might well be maturing

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Arsenal moved another step closer to finishing third in the Premier League with a comfortable victory over Wolves on Wednesday, but while the likes of Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott enjoyed the limelight, goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny was impressively going about his business yet again.

The Gunners were easy 3-0 winners over the 10-man relegation battlers and Szczesny will have matches where he is called into action more often than was the case at Molineux.

Despite long periods of inactivity, the Poland international was still forced into making a wonderful save from a Kevin Doyle header at 2-0, changing direction at the last moment to make a fingertip intervention, before getting down sharply to deny Nenad Milijas at his near post.

That is what makes a keeper successful when playing for a top side – the ability to be virtually unoccupied for long spells of games but maintaining the concentration and having the attributes required to pull off priceless saves when it matters most.

Those saves gave Szczesny his 17th clean sheet of an impressive season and the 28th of his young Arsenal career, making it four shut-outs from his last five games, with the Gunners’ improved defensive record having proved vital in their bid to seal Champions League football.

Szczesny continues to grow into the No.1 position at the Emirates – he has played in every single Premier League game this season and added consistency to the quality he displayed initially on loan at Brentford and then last season when he broke into the first-team in north London.

He has made mistakes – notably the League Cup final blunder that cost his side the trophy against Birmingham City last season – but continues to learn and make rapid progress, establishing himself as one of the Premier League’s top keepers at only 21.

This season has seen him look stronger and more solid without sacrificing any of the reflexes or instinctive decision-making skills that helped him to make his breakthrough, with vital penalty saves against Udinese and Liverpool standing out as highlights from an excellent personal campaign.

After that victory over the Reds at Anfield, manager Arsene Wenger sung the praises of the Polish shot stopper and said he fully believed in the youngster.

"He is a boy of exceptional talent and he gave an exceptional performance,” he said. “I believe in him – that is why he plays - he is young and talented.”

Szczesny’s will to win and determination are evident for all to see. It appears the Gunners have a keeper with not only the talent but also the strength of character for them to rely on and build a team in front of over the next decade.

Many young players would hide away after costing their side a trophy at Wembley or conceding eight goals at Old Trafford – as he did in August - but with Szczesny it has been quite the opposite, he has come out even more determined to make his mark after suffering those setbacks.

He has huge belief in his own ability but that is a good thing, particularly in his position where the slightest element of self-doubt or lack of confidence can have a disastrous effect on form.

The stability in the goalkeeping position is a far cry from what Arsenal fans have been used to in years gone by, where the eccentricity of Jens Lehmann and errors of Manuel Almunia regularly had supporters pulling their hair out.

Two years ago, the Emirates faithful were imploring Wenger to splash the cash on a proven shot stopper, but now they have an unlikely hero in Szczesny, a man who first joined the club when he was just 16.

He has already become a consistent and talented gloveman and Arsenal hope they can develop him into a leading keeper in world football over the upcoming years.

That is what Gunners fans will be most excited about – the best of Szczesny is yet to come. While he is currently boosting the side with his impressive displays, he is also acquiring the top-level experience that will stand him in great stead for the challenges facing him over the rest of his career.

With Arsenal now looking set to earn what would be a creditable third-place finish given the dreadful start they made to the league season, representing Poland at home in Euro 2012 will follow for Szczesny in the summer.

If he is yet to come to the world’s attention now, then he will have done so by the end of that tournament, with the national side pinning their hopes on the starlet keeping them in with a chance of qualification to the quarter-finals. At Arsenal though, Wenger and his team are already aware of the asset they have at their disposal.

While they do need a few key summer signings to end their silverware drought, the goalkeeping position is one where they know changes are not required, with the classy Szczesny continuing to prove he represents a safe pair of hands.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/12/3030402/back-in-safe-hands-arsenal-look-to-unlikely-hero-szczesny-as

Few months and i think its fair to say hes a clown no more. Glad hes proved me wrong to some extent. Still see signs of complacency and his kicking is a bit shit but hoping Wenger gets another keeper in cos with Fab and Almunia as our back ups, Sir Ches will know he will never ever lose the number one spot so we need someone to challenge him

LDG
13-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Anyone seen that Martinez play? Must admit, I've not had a look at him....assuming he'd be third choice if Hallemunia and Flappy go...

Dennis Bendtner
13-04-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/12/3030402/back-in-safe-hands-arsenal-look-to-unlikely-hero-szczesny-as

Few months and i think its fair to say hes a clown no more. Glad hes proved me wrong to some extent. Still see signs of complacency and his kicking is a bit shit but hoping Wenger gets another keeper in cos with Fab and Almunia as our back ups, Sir Ches will know he will never ever lose the number one spot so we need someone to challenge him

I must admit his kicking irritates me a lot. He's improved the distances but the hospital passes happen every game. But our players have good feet so bail him out. Ultimately he doesn't shit himself at set-pieces and makes very good saves, and that is the most important thing.

I'd assume Fabianski and Almunia will be off in the summer. Prolly a question of getting some journeyman to play backup.

Kaiser
13-04-2012, 12:42 PM
The recent tactic of kicking it to Sagna, who wins pretty much everything in the air is excellent.

Marc Overmars
13-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah I don't know why he's prone to these hospital passes every game, one of these days he's going to get punished. Not just the passes either, the way always Cruyff turns a striker charging him down. :wacko:

Nothing wrong with being confident in your own ability but sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway, Sir Chesney. :bow:

Cripps_orig
15-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Wojciech Szczesny has vowed not to leave Arsenal until the club start winning trophies again.

Seven years have now passed since the Gunners last tasted silverware – a penalty shootout victory over Manchester United in the 2005 FA Cup final at the Millennium Stadium.

And Szczesny, who has been one of the north Londoners' outstanding performers this season, is determined to stay and bring back the glory days to the club.

"I can't imagine myself in the next few years' time playing anywhere other than here,” he said.

“In fact, I won't move until we win something.

"Recently, one of the journalists asked me whether I have bigger ambitions than playing for the third place in the Premier League with Arsenal. God, sure I have! I look at the table and realise that is our maximum this year.

"It is seven years since Arsenal won something and it won't change this season. But the next one? Who knows?

"I stand in front of a mirror and say to myself: 'Damn, I'm interested in winning trophies only with Arsenal.'

"I want to be part of the team that show fans the bad times are over. I won't leave until we achieve this."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/15/3037959/szczesny-i-wont-leave-until-arsenal-win-something

So as soon as we win a trophy, hes fucking off?

Dennis Bendtner
15-04-2012, 08:30 PM
He'll be here for life then LOL

Olivier's xmas twist
15-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Best Keeper in the League tbh.

Cripps_orig
15-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Best Keeper in the League tbh.Nah

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-04-2012, 08:52 PM
i can guarantee you that's been edited the fuck out of to make it seem like he wants to piss off as soon as we win a trophy.

there would have been 15 other questions asked between those questions but the c*nts have edited it in a way to portray what they want.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Nah

Yeah.

Cripps_orig
15-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah.You've convinced me

Sir Ches :bow:

Best in the league with what he does

Master Splinter
16-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Best in the league with what he does

First time you've used this particular +1 correctly.

Can you keep up this stunning form or will you do a Harry's Hotspurs?

Coney
16-04-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/15/3037959/szczesny-i-wont-leave-until-arsenal-win-something

So as soon as we win a trophy, hes fucking off?

The article does not make much sense. A player of quality inists on staying at a club even if he won't get a trophy, then will leave for somewhere else if the club is successful. I'm sure the reporter was very careful and got it right. Or maybe he is a tosser and/or liar, twisting the words and selecting random bits to make some piss-poor point. Deliberately lost in translation.

LDG
16-04-2012, 11:38 AM
The article does not make much sense. A player of quality inists on staying at a club even if he won't get a trophy, then will leave for somewhere else if the club is successful. I'm sure the reporter was very careful and got it right. Or maybe he is a tosser and/or liar, twisting the words and selecting random bits to make some piss-poor point. Deliberately lost in translation.

It's from an interview on Arse.com.

Coney
16-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Lost in translation, then.

LDG
16-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Lost in translation, then.

They're quoting the same :shrug:

Coney
16-04-2012, 11:43 AM
OK.

Fist of Lehmann
16-04-2012, 11:52 AM
The article does not make much sense. A player of quality inists on staying at a club even if he won't get a trophy, then will leave for somewhere else if the club is successful. I'm sure the reporter was very careful and got it right. Or maybe he is a tosser and/or liar, twisting the words and selecting random bits to make some piss-poor point. Deliberately lost in translation.Saying he won't leave until Arsenal win something isn't the same as saying he'll leave as soon as Arsenal win something.

Coney
16-04-2012, 07:12 PM
OKx2.

I was having a bad day. :(

Syn
18-04-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-lukasz-is-the-best-no-2-in-the-country-

Chesney describes Fabianski as the best shit in the country.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-lukasz-is-the-best-no-2-in-the-country-

Chesney describes Fabianski as the best shit in the country.

:haha: I bet Fabz loves that lol.

Well he is off in the summer so new no 2 is needed.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/94/arsenal) goalkeeper (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny#) Wojciech Szczesny (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/poland/30286/wojciech-szczesny) has reaffirmed his commitment to the club, stating his desire to remain at the Emirates Stadium (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny#) for a “long, long time”.
The youngster has established himself as first choice this season under manager Arsene Wenger and is hoping to repay the faith shown in him by improving year on year in north London.

“It's always satisfying to hear people praising you,” Szczesny told reporters.“But I'm at the beginning of my career with a long way to go. I'm looking forward to playing for this club (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny#) for a long, long time.

“At this age, it's very important for a player (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny#) to play regularly and I'm very happy that I was given the chance. I'm just trying to do my best for the club.”

The 22-year-old has made 33 league appearances (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny#) so far this season, with his performances reportedly attracting interest from the likes of Barcelona.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny

S (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny)ir Ches :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny

S (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/24/3058222/i-want-to-stay-at-arsenal-for-a-long-time-szczesny)ir Ches :bow:

Barca :pal: wish they could have had him tonight.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Why?

Valdes did nothing wrong

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:50 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4335967/Video-Wojciech-Szczesny-scores-wonder-goal-in-Poland-training.html

A wonder goal.....in to a goal without a keeper :rolleyes:

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 11:53 PM
That was a tricky shot to pull off Tbf.

For a keeper anyway.

Sir Chesney :bow:

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Most if not all players can do that.

Doing it in an empty goal isnt impressive.

All it will do is inflate Sir Ches already big ego

We need a keeper asap

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Probably.

It's just unusual to see a GK doing it.

Any keeper we get will be back up, nothing more.

Keith
25-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Poor positioning by flappy

Cripps_orig
25-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Probably.

It's just unusual to see a GK doing it.

Any keeper we get will be back up, nothing more.A quality back up to keep Sir Ches on his toes.

Last season he knew he had the number 1 spot no matter what cos Almunia and Fabianski are as bad as it gets

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Over the years, Poland have been renowned for developing men to stand between the sticks, and it is a tradition that still carries on through to today. Arguably the most well-known Polish shot-stopper in England, especially to the older generation, is Jan Tomaszewski; the man Brian Clough infamously labelled "a clown" before he proceeded to deny the Three Lions a spot at World Cup 1974 almost single-handedly.

In more recent years, Jerzy Dudek and Artur Boruc will be remembered for their time minding the nets at Liverpool and Celtic respectively; and while Lukasz Fabianski and Tomasz Kuszczak are both constantly overlooked at club level, they are held in high regard in their homeland. But when, in May 2009, a 19-year old Polish keeper by the name of Wojciech Szczesny appeared on the Arsenal bench for a league game against Stoke City, few could have predicted the speed of his ascent in becoming both his club's, and the national team's, No.1.

Wojciech moved to England at the age of just 16, having spent a year at the Legia Warsaw academy - regarded as the best in Poland - but, after working his way to the fringes of the Gunners' reserve side in late 2008, an accident while lifting weights during training caused the 6ft 5in Pole to fracture both of his forearms. While such an injury would be enough to destroy the confidence of many, Szczesny's quick recovery and eagerness to return to playing meant that he found himself on the fringes of the first-team squad before the season was over.

After spending most of the 2009-10 season on loan at League One side Brentford, Szczesny returned to the Emirates Stadium eager to break into the first team; and, after injuries to both Fabianski and Manuel Almunia, he finally got his chance in December against Manchester United. After impressing in the 1-0 defeat, and again the following week against West Ham, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirmed that the 19-year old would remain as his No.1.

"The talent was always there but he is maturing quickly. I like that he is a good communicator," Wenger told reporters, later adding: "Overall he has the basic talent to be a top-class keeper. How far he goes will depend on how much he wants to improve."

Poland coach Franciszek Smuda also took note of Szczesny's notable composure and agility; and in early 2011, he included the keeper in his starting line-up for a friendly game against Norway - adding to a substitute appearance against Canada 14 months earlier.

Since then, the Warsaw-born shot-stopper has been a permanent fixture in both the Arsenal and Poland setups; not missing a league game for his club side during the 2011-12 season, as well as eclipsing his father Maciej's tally of seven international caps and drawing many plaudits along the way.

Now 22, he heads towards Euro 2012 as one of his country's stand-out performers. A recent clean sheet against Portugal in Warsaw drew significant praise in the media, as did an outstanding performance in a 2-2 tie with Germany - one that Szczesny describes as "probably the best performance in my career".

However, due to the fact that Poland haven't needed to qualify for this summer's tournament, Szczesny still has yet to make his competitive debut for the Biale-Orly; but as he claims, it won't make the slightest difference.

"It would matter if it was club football but when you are with the national team it doesn't really matter whether you play a friendly game or a competitive game," the youngster told Arsenal's official website.

"Playing for the national team is the best feeling in the world, it doesn't get any better."

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=647&page=5&highlight=szczesny

Video profile of him on the link as well

Really hope he comes as good as hes made out to be

Munchies
28-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Wenger's fucked up big time on most of the keepers he's brought in so far.

All of our goalkeepers are available on free transfers at the moment (bar Szczznnny) . I recall Wenger was about to sign other fuck ups aswell, eg Sebastian Veira,who we were luckily spared from. But often he could of bought in a stable pair of hands but chose not to.

But Scezeny seems to be the best we've had for a while, hopefully he has a good tournament.

Özim
28-05-2012, 07:44 PM
If Fabianski hadn't got injured Wenger still wouldn't be playing the guy IMO, he seemed very reluctant to let him play originally, despite him being brilliant for Brentford when on loan.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Arsenal stars use 'John Terry' as code for ugly girls, says Wojciech Szczesny
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has risked angering new European champions Chelsea, by revealing Gunners players refer to ugly girls on nights out as ‘John Terry’.

The 22-year-old shot-stopper, who was giving an interview to the Polish version of Playboy, admitted the Blues skipper’s name acts as a code word when one of his team-mates wants to escape from an awkward situation with the opposite sex.

‘At Arsenal it [the name John Terry] is another word for an ugly girl,’ said Szczesny.

‘If there’s a girl around that we don’t really like, we use it as a smokescreen, as in: “Have you seen John Terry recently? He’s terrible. I recommend this, it really works.”’

The big keeper, who is aiming to take part in Poland’s next warm-up game against Slovakia before Euro 2012, has also confirmed he’s over the shoulder injury which troubled him during the last five weeks of Arsenal’s season.

‘Everything is fine with my shoulder, on Tuesday I report for training,’ he said.

‘I’m healthy and there’s no need to do any injections. Wenger’s words were true, for about five weeks I’ve played injured, but it hasn’t got worse during this time.

‘For a week I’ve been resting and the pain has completely passed. I think it was a bigger scandal in the media than a real issue. Now I’d really like to play a match against Slovakia.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/899869-arsenal-stars-use-john-terry-as-code-for-ugly-girls-says-wojciech-szczesny#ixzz1wKPL3Kzd

:haha: :bow:

Cripps_orig
08-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Good news or bad news depending on how you look at it is that no team will want Sir Ches after Euro 2012 so hes ours for a while

Niall_Quinn
08-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Yep, his career is over.

Master Splinter
08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Fabianski :bow:.

Özim
08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah not a great showing today, Arsenal players doing what they do best, bottling it on the big stage.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Arshavins played pretty well tbf

Özim
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Arshavins played pretty well tbf
Yeah not really an Arsenal player anymore though in reality, sure we still own him but he won't be back. Ironic that it's taken a loan move away for him to perform again, says a lot about the management team.

fakeyank
08-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah not really an Arsenal player anymore though in reality, sure we still own him but he won't be back. Ironic that it's taken a loan move away for him to perform again, says a lot about the management team.

Wenger knows! :bow:

Grebbo
09-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Second most overrated player in the Prem after Modric is our Ches.

Özim
09-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Was just awful yesterday, the 1st goal totally his fault when he went walkabout and the penalty, the less said the better about that. His tournament is most likely over.

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 11:44 AM
It's doubly humiliating because he's the first keeper to ever have a bad game. Trust us to break another unwanted record.

Özim
09-06-2012, 11:46 AM
It's doubly humiliating because he's the first keeper to ever have a bad game. Trust us to break another unwanted record.
On reflection though, considering he's playing for the hosts in the 1st game of the tournament, in one they could have won (and maybe they needed to give them a good chance of qualifying) and were leading his poor performance really came at a bad time.

Maybe he can't handle the pressure just like all the rest of Wenger's troops from bottleville?

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 11:48 AM
2 big games in his career

CC final and the first game of the Euro 2012

Shockers in both

Not a big game player

Letters
09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Or maybe he just had an off day. He had a fine season all round with very few mistakes. All 'keepers have bad days.
Long as it doesn't become a habit

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 11:50 AM
On reflection though, considering he's playing for the hosts in the 1st game of the tournament, in one they could have won (and maybe they needed to give them a good chance of qualifying) and were leading his poor performance really came at a bad time.

Maybe he can't handle the pressure just like all the rest of Wenger's troops from bottleville?

It's what can be classed as the worst case scenario for him personally. Like Jens getting himself sent off in the CL final. Or Dave having that toothy guy lob it over his head. It happens. He was playing behind a fairly random back four as well, their guy on the right was decent enough but their left back was nightmarish. And the two in the centre certainly enjoyed leaving a lot of space. Didn't they say the Poles hadn't played a competitive match in 2 years? It showed.

Özim
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
2 big games in his career

CC final and the first game of the Euro 2012

Shockers in both

Not a big game player
Wenger signings have to be super super quality remember, that means they:

a) Love 5 yard passing
b) Can't shoot
c) Bottle in on the big occasions

If the fulfill 1 or more of the above they're super super quality.

Özim
09-06-2012, 11:54 AM
It's what can be classed as the worst case scenario for him personally. Like Jens getting himself sent off in the CL final. Or Dave having that toothy guy lob it over his head. It happens. He was playing behind a fairly random back four as well, their guy on the right was decent enough but their left back was nightmarish. And the two in the centre certainly enjoyed leaving a lot of space. Didn't they say the Poles hadn't played a competitive match in 2 years? It showed.
To be honest the Poles were excellent in the 1st half, you can't blame the defence for his mistakes as that wasn't their fault.

He completely misses the ball for one and blatantly takes the guy out for the 2nd, in reality Poland should have lost and only a good save from his deputy stopped that happening. Had he not screwed up I reckon Poland would have 3 points in the bag, especially after the shocking refereeing decision in the 1st half.

I agree keepers have bad days, but to have a bad day in such an important game really is unfortunate.

Özim
09-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Sadly for him, those Robert Green moments may well be very costly for his International career.

Letters
09-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree keepers have bad days, but to have a bad day in such an important game really is unfortunate.That's exactly what it was. Unfortunate.

He was consistently good last season, that's all I care about. He's not flawless but no 'keeper is. If he has a similar season next year I won't be complaining, if he keeps having brainfarts like that that is of more concern but I think he's earned some benefit of the doubt after last year.

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
To be honest the Poles were excellent in the 1st half, you can't blame the defence for his mistakes as that wasn't their fault.

He completely misses the ball for one and blatantly takes the guy out for the 2nd, in reality Poland should have lost and only a good save from his deputy stopped that happening. Had he not screwed up I reckon Poland would have 3 points in the bag, especially after the shocking refereeing decision in the 1st half.

I agree keepers have bad days, but to have a bad day in such an important game really is unfortunate.

The Poles weren't excellent, the Greeks were tragic. They just linked arms and built a wall and the Poles thumped the ball off them for 45 minutes. There was no pressure on the Polish defence at all, Ches wasn't in the game. Then the Greeks came out of their trenches in the second half. Yes, Ches really fucked up when he was called on. But where was the Polish defence? If you look at the goal and the penalty the defence is all over the place. Somebody said these are the two worst teams in the tournament and that's probably right. Neither will get through unless the other two fuck up big time. Poles reminded me a bit of us - they had so many chances to ice the game that Ches' fuck-ups shouldn't have really mattered. But they blew it against one of the worst international outfits I have ever witnessed. That Samaras guy! They were playing with 10 before their man got sent off.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Its worrying that in a game where Chesney had to do f all, he couldnt keep his concentration.

His complacency was an issue throughout last season.

We need a keeper either to come in as number one or someone who can challenge Chesney cos Almunia whos gone now and Fabianski are terrible

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
His complacency was an issue throughout last season.

Yep, he had an awful season. Worst keeper in the PL by some distance. It seemed like he just didn't want to be at the club and this was reflected in his lack of passion and effort.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Yep, he had an awful season. Worst keeper in the PL by some distance. It seemed like he just didn't want to be at the club and this was reflected in his lack of passion and effort.Wouldnt say awful but he wasnt as good as he was made out to be.

In a rating of 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, he'd get a 6

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Wouldnt say awful but he wasnt as good as he was made out to be.

In a rating of 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, he'd get a 6

0 IMO. Terrible, terrible keeper.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 12:31 PM
0 IMO. Terrible, terrible keeper.Wouldnt say terrible but hes clearly not as good as he or GW thinks he is but he is as good as i think he is which is all that matters im afraid.

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Wouldnt say terrible but hes clearly not as good as he or GW thinks he is but he is as good as i think he is which is all that matters im afraid.

He should be killed and eaten.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
He should be killed and eaten.Wouldnt say killed or eaten but a couple of broken legs and arms would might make him concentrate better.

Either way, it'll be funny

Hes widely known as a clown for a reason

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Wouldnt say killed or eaten but a couple of broken legs and arms would might make him concentrate better.

Either way, it'll be funny

Hes widely known as a clown for a reason

He's not the only one who's known as a clown for a reason.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
He's not the only one who's known as a clown for a reason.Wenger :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Coco?

We are know what Ach thinks of Ches. . .without taken into consideration that he is the best we have had since Mad Dog. . .will only get better

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
what happened to mad dog, was he euthanised?

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Coco?

We are know what Ach thinks of Ches. . .without taken into consideration that he is the best we have had since Mad Dog. . .will only get betterConsidering what we've had since Jens is Almunia :lol: and Fabianski :haha:, its not saying much to be better than them but hopefully he will get better cos unfortunately Wenger is a clown and wont get a better keeper in so we're stuck with Chesney

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Considering what we've had since Jens is Almunia :lol: and Fabianski :haha:, its not saying much to be better than them but hopefully he will get better cos unfortunately Wenger is a clown and wont get a better keeper in so we're stuck with Chesney

To be honest rhat was what I was comparing him to. . .which may not be much but I think he haa done well enough to get our support

Our goalies have had clowns in front of them and tbf we may need to work on that (:bow: Bould) vefore getting rid of Ches but agreed support is needed

mastermind84
09-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Second most overrated player in the Prem after Modric is our Ches.
Ches isnt rated highly enough to be overrated.

Now Vermaelen...

GP
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Ches isnt rated highly enough to be overrated.

Now Vermaelen...

Class player.

Xhaka Can’t
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Best in the world.

Cripps_orig
07-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Wojciech Szczesny (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/wojciech-szczesny) believes his experiences at Euro 2012 this summer have made him more mature.

The 22-year-old was sent off in the opening match of the tournament as Poland drew with Greece, and did not win his place back before the co-hosts were eliminated.

The Arsenal goalkeeper admits it was a difficult situation, but insists there were still some positives for him.

“It was obviously quite tough getting sent off in the first game and then being left out for the third match, but the experience of being there was different, something I have never had before,” Szczesny told Arsenal Player.

“Every time I play for the national team and hear the national anthem it is probably the best feeling a player can experience. But then the buzz [at Euro 2012] was unbelievable and if anything we wanted it too much.

“We were up for [the opening game], we had been preparing for four years and for me it all finished quite quickly. But to experience it will make not only myself, but the whole team, stronger.”

Despite his disappointment at only playing 69 minutes of the tournament, Szczesny gained a lot from being involved in the Poland squad.

“Obviously the sending off is [part of] a learning curve for me and hopefully that will never happen again,” he said. “But it has made me more mature.

“Before the game I had never felt better in my life. Physically I was really fit and mentally strong and it just shows you that you never know what is around the corner. In that way it made me more mature.”

Hopefully this ends the brain fart moments he has and he goes on to become a pretty good keeper

GP
07-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Do not forget...

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/14;928076-alex-sonk-of-arsenal-during-a-training-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZIijUmxa7QazUyYmGpbz5ouq08aMyYzh5pbPi gI3xpVlscp00s%2fvLDGge9m85P5rMqkN4zUrrfw%3d%3d

I_Killed_Kenny
07-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Do not fkrget...

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/149928076-alex-song-of-arsenal-during-a-training-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QazUyYmGpbz5ouq08aMyYzh5pbPi gI3xpVlscp00s%2fvLDGge9m85P5rMqkN4zUrrfw%3d%3d

Xhaka Can’t
07-08-2012, 12:50 PM
:lol:

Cripps_orig
26-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has revealed he often has difficulty keeping his focus in less high-profile matches against unglamorous opponents.

The Pole silenced calls for boss Arsene Wenger to go out and sign a new goalkeeper when he broke into the first team in January 2011, stringing together a series of impressive performances.

But a number of high-profile errors in the second half of last season, combined with a shaky Euro 2012 with Poland, have dented Szczesny's blooming reputation, and he admits he needs to work on his concentration.

"My biggest problem is not enough focus in the games without huge stakes. I can't find the spark in myself," Szczesny told The People.

Szczesny is eager to improve this side of his game, as he wishes to remain with the North London side for the rest of his career.

Currently Szszesny is the undisputed No.1 keeper on the books at the Emirates, and the 22-year-old is determined to write his name into the history books at the club, in much the same way as Paul Scholes and Paolo Maldini have done at Manchester United and AC Milan respectively.

He added: "My ambition is to get a bigger contract at Arsenal. I admire players like Paul Scholes and Paolo Maldini, the ones that spent their whole career at one club.

"I dream of a similar scenario. I hope that when we sit down to have a chat 14 years from now it will be about my two decades at Arsenal."

Szczesny believes his finest performance to date came against Udinese in Arsenal's Champions League qualifying clash, during which he saved a penalty from Antonio Di Natale.

"The biggest save in my career was the penalty against Udinese in the Champions League qualifiers last season," he continued.

"For one, it was a save worth Ł25million - that is how much you get for playing in the Champions League.

"That was the moment I was very much needed. It made me realise that I'm not only a good keeper, but I can have a big say on how we perform."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/26/3332250/i-lack-focus-in-games-without-huge-stakes-szczesny

What ive been saying all along and was ridiculed for it. I hate being right :(

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Arsene Wenger has claimed that Wojciech Szczesny will continue as Arsenal's first-choice goalkeeper after making an error in the Gunners' victory over Southampton.

Szczesny, returning after a two-game absence due to a rib injury, looked uncertain throughout and was directly at fault for Southampton's only goal when he failed to collect a routine high ball into the box, spilling it straight to Danny Fox who duly blasted in the first goal Arsenal have conceded so far this season.

However, the young goalkeeper retains the faith of his manager, with Wenger insisting Szczesny will continue in goal for the Gunners.

He told the club's official website: "Wojciech is number one unless I change my mind. That is clear. That’s why he came back in goal.

"You cannot change a goalkeeper every time he makes a simple mistake, because then you have three bad keepers. The confidence is needed."

Wenger went on to acknowledge the role played by Vito Mannone's form in Szczesny's absence as a cause for the latter's poor performance on Saturday.

"It’s a special position where confidence is needed," the 62 year old Frenchman said. "Maybe he put himself a little bit under pressure because he knows Mannone played well at Stoke and at Liverpool. I think he played better in the second half."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/17/3381638/wenger-szczesny-will-remain-arsenals-first-choice

So Ches is under no pressure to perform. Its ridiculous. And better in the 2nd half? He had f all to do in the 2nd half. Wait, he fucked up his distribution a couple of times.

Wenger needs to go

V-Pig
17-09-2012, 03:55 AM
"I think my number one keeper who I've put a lot of work and time into is shit and won't perform well and I have no confidence in his abilities. He's only there until I can find someone better."

Letters
17-09-2012, 08:18 AM
So Ches is under no pressure to perform. Its ridiculous.

"You cannot change a goalkeeper every time he makes a simple mistake"

Spot on.

Chez had a shocker on Saturday but unless he has a string of poor performances, and he hasn't yet, you can't keep changing 'keeper.
He had a mostly good season last year, no idea what happened on Saturday but you don't drop a player for one bad performance.

GP
17-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Spot on.

Chez had a shocker on Saturday but unless he has a string of poor performances, and he hasn't yet, you can't keep changing 'keeper.
He had a mostly good season last year, no idea what happened on Saturday but you don't drop a player for one bad performance.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good WUM.

Syn
17-09-2012, 08:31 AM
It's become as fashionable to criticise Szczesny as it was to say 'Vermaelen can't defend'.

Least of our worries right now. It was a ridiculous, pathetic mistake to make in dropping a simple long ball like that. But dealing with aerial balls is usually a strength of his. The distribution is a concern and it happens when the opposition are forced to press us a bit higher up the pitch (so the simple ball to the right back is no longer on); in such cases he shouldn't look to aim it anywhere but just hoof it clear like any other goalkeeper.

Grebbo
17-09-2012, 08:36 AM

He's been shocking for the last 10 games! He's on a terrible run of form if you include the end of last season and the euros.

Wenger was supposedly close to bidding for Lloris so he's obviously not convinced. Our back up keepers are shite and Ches looks like the type of person who needs competition to perform at his best.

Letters
17-09-2012, 08:41 AM
He's been shocking for the last 10 games!
that's a ridiculous exaggeration.

Özim
17-09-2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/26/3332250/i-lack-focus-in-games-without-huge-stakes-szczesny

What ive been saying all along and was ridiculed for it. I hate being right :(
I find it strange he says that to be honest, in a huge game for his country in the Euro's he was awful.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't think it is too much of an exaggeration to question his form over the last few months now.

I certainly would not drop him yet, but I would consider it soon if we don't see his form improve. A good coach will help his players through a bad run, but if it continues then tough decisions will have to be made.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Letters
17-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't think it is too much of an exaggeration to question his form over the last few months now.
Nor do I. But:

He's been shocking for the last 10 games!

is

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Don't let facts get in the way of a good WUM.
This

Spot on.

Don't forget who your replying too.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:25 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/17/3381638/wenger-szczesny-will-remain-arsenals-first-choice

So Ches is under no pressure to perform. Its ridiculous. And better in the 2nd half? He had f all to do in the 2nd half. Wait, he fucked up his distribution a couple of times.

Wenger needs to go

"Maybe he put himself a little bit under pressure because he knows Mannone played well at Stoke and at Liverpool. I think he played better in the second half."

This says diffrently, but only you will twist words to make your argument look good. Besides Chesney is the best keeper we have and you'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Grebbo
17-09-2012, 09:37 AM
that's a ridiculous exaggeration.

He's made a terrible mistake in each and every one of his last 10 games.

The problem is we have no-body to replace him with.

Letters
17-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I can't remember one during the Sunderland game.
Mannone did well during his couple of games but he's hardly covered himself in glory previously.
Chesney's alright. His form has been a bit of a worry but I don't think it's as bad as you're making out.

Grebbo
17-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I can't remember one during the Sunderland game.
Mannone did well during his couple of games but he's hardly covered himself in glory previously.
Chesney's alright. His form has been a bit of a worry but I don't think it's as bad as you're making out.

I agree Chesney's alright but alright doesn't win you anything. We need to be aiming for better than alright.

I just have a hunch with Ches that he's one of these characters that needs to be pushed. He seems to always be clowning around (I know all goalkeepers are supposed to be crazy). If an ageing Lehmann was our number two then Ches would have pushed on and would be a world beater by now.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:58 AM
He's made a terrible mistake in each and every one of his last 10 games.

The problem is we have no-body to replace him with.

Yeah but tbf the 4 in front of himn did not help much, where as i think the defensive unit is better this season, lets not forget that was his 2nd game of the season. Its not as if he played 4 games straight. I think with Bould he will give him that push you say he needs.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I agree Chesney's alright but alright doesn't win you anything. We need to be aiming for better than alright.

I just have a hunch with Ches that he's one of these characters that needs to be pushed. He seems to always be clowning around (I know all goalkeepers are supposed to be crazy). If an ageing Lehmann was our number two then Ches would have pushed on and would be a world beater by now.

I think steve Bould will sort that out.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Admittedly he is starting to put together a decent collection of howlers for both club and country but we are by no means at 'call Bob Wilson out of retirement' stage just yet.

The defence is playing solidly and one goal in four games in the PL is not bad at all. . .what we need from Sir Ches is to recollect himself as the schedulw is about to get tougher

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Spot on.

Hes been shit since the end of last season. Its more than one game.

Kano
17-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Hes been shit since the end of last season. Its more than one game.

gervinho disappeared for half the season, as did chamakh. walcott has gone very long periods doing the same during his development.

chez needs competition, not to be sold. that would make no sense for us to dump him now. if that was the case, utd may as well sell de gea.

you don't give up on goalkeepers at such a young age, especially when they have shown some real signs of promise.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I have been saying he needs competition for ages tbh

And no way should he have been brought straight back in v Southampton as Mannone did nothing wrong. Fact he has means Mannone isnt competition, hes just a filler. Ches knows this and you can see the complacency in his game cos of it.

Hes nowhere near as good as people on here make him out to be. Some even called him the best in England :lol:

LDG
17-09-2012, 11:35 AM

And no way should he have been brought straight back in v Southampton as Mannone did nothing wrong. Fact he has means Mannone isnt competition, hes just a filler. Ches knows this and you can see the complacency in his game cos of it.

Hes nowhere near as good as people on here make him out to be. Some even called him the best in England :lol:

Yes, Mannone should have continued, as it should be down to Chesney to fight for his place.

And, I'm sure you'll agree that Jenkinson should remain at right back when Sagan is fit again.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes, Mannone should have continued, as it should be down to Chesney to fight for his place.

And, I'm sure you'll agree that Jenkinson should remain at right back when Sagan is fit again.

If Sagna was fit right now then yes Jenkinson should continue for the moment.

However he wont be fit for months yet so lets see how Jenkinson is doing then

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 11:50 AM
gervinho disappeared for half the season, as did chamakh. walcott has gone very long periods doing the same during his development.

chez needs competition, not to be sold. that would make no sense for us to dump him now. if that was the case, utd may as well sell de gea.

you don't give up on goalkeepers at such a young age, especially when they have shown some real signs of promise.

Spot on.

Not Ches fault the rest behind him are not good enough.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 11:52 AM

rubbish its down to the other 2 keepers to provide that competion if they are not good enough to do that. Lets be honest if you think we are going to get a keeper who is better then chez who will want to sit in the bench good luck to ya.

On your logic might as well have paid 12 mill or lloris and stuck him onthe bench.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:54 AM
rubbish its down to the other 2 keepers to provide that competion if they are not good enough to do that. Lets be honest if you think we are going to get a keeper who is better then chez who will want to sit in the bench good luck to ya.

On your logic might as well have paid 12 mill or lloris and stuck him onthe bench.

You have no idea what competition means do you?

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Spot on.

Not Ches fault the rest behind him are not good enough.

So Ches can make as many mistakes as he wants and he has but its not his fault cos the other 2 arent good enough?

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 12:01 PM
I find it strange he says that to be honest, in a huge game for his country in the Euro's he was awful.

Classic case of thinking hes better than he is

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 12:03 PM

seconds out

round 2

*ding ding*

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 12:20 PM

Like i said Ches is AW no1 so it don't matter if we bought in another keeper he'd be benched and only Fabianski would settle for that no top keeper would.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 12:22 PM
So Ches can make as many mistakes as he wants and he has but its not his fault cos the other 2 arent good enough?

Where did i say he can make many mistakes, stop twisting my words, but there is a reason he is selected ahead of the other 2. You think Bould would tell Wenger he should be picked if the other 2 were better then him?

Ps im not disagreeing with you he needs competion btw.

Syn
17-09-2012, 01:40 PM
He's out of the next game with little bit ankle problem.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Mysterious injuries coupled with errors?

Chesney. :rose:

IBK
17-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Szcezsny is our No. 1 keeper. That means that he is on the teamsheet if fit. As well as Mannone did for the first 3 games, that's the way it works. Whether over time, Szcezsny proves himself unworthy of his No. 1 position is a different issue.

fakeyank
17-09-2012, 01:58 PM

Is this true? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Schoolboy error on Saturday. That kind of shit can't be tolerated. Somebody needs to kick him in the bollocks.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Id say he'd been dropped but knowing how bad we Are with injuries its clear he is injured.

Kano
17-09-2012, 02:17 PM

mannone was treated harshly but then again given his history, most people were absolutely bowled over he played so well.

he isn't as good as a lot of fans hype him to be......but he could be.

apparently that was the fifth game in a row (including euros) that he has fucked up.

Syn
17-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Charlie, I reckon Szcznesny has been dropped. Can't remember Wenger not backing his goalkeepers after mistakes. Although he didn't criticise him, he indirectly said his place was in danger which never happened even when Lehmann or Almunia were grassing them. You could tell he wasn't happy. We'll see but I think it's Mannone's position until he fucks up.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Charlie, I reckon Szcznesny has been dropped. Can't remember Wenger not backing his goalkeepers after mistakes. Although he didn't criticise him, he indirectly said his place was in danger which never happened even when Lehmann or Almunia were grassing them. You could tell he wasn't happy. We'll see but I think it's Mannone's position until he fucks up.

WTF has happend to flappyhandski. Cheseny's mind and Confidence seems to have dropped you can tell, think the Euro's has hit him hard.

LDG
17-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, if he has been dropped (which it does look like) it's up to him to prove he's worthy of a start from now on...just like we were saying earlier.

It's all good.

Just hope Mannone is up to the challenege now. Big test tomorrow for the lad.

LDG
17-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Mannone :bow:

http://cinemafanatic.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/2000_joaquin_phoenix_gladiator.jpg

Dennis Bendtner
17-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I think it's probably an injury http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-you-need-to-back-your-goalkeeper

That's not to say it can't be Mannone's place until he makes an error.

Young goalkeepers are probably little bit different breed. No set way for how you handle them. I don't think it's a bad thing if Szczesny is kept out by Mannone for the foreseeable. Ferguson chucks out De Gea every time he makes an error. Faith shouldn't encourage complacecny.

Realistically, you would think the long-term challenge would be from Martinez (Argie guy) but he's not in the CL squad

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 02:54 PM
apparently after the game on saturday wenger was asked whether chez was playing with an injury. his answer was 'ive been told no'.

i have a feeling he is injured but once again questions need to be asked about our medical team. if he was playing with a slight injury then its stupid, especially as we've just had jack out for a year after he came back too soon from his injury.

maybe it provides an answer for chezza's awful distribution throughout the game.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Well, if he has been dropped (which it does look like) it's up to him to prove he's worthy of a start from now on...just like we were saying earlier.

It's all good.

Just hope Mannone is up to the challenege now. Big test tomorrow for the lad.

Spot on, you know when Mannone fecks up even once what the reaction will be.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Like i said Ches is AW no1

Not anymore

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Not anymore

Maybe.

Grebbo
17-09-2012, 03:32 PM
As much as I think Chesney is on a poor run of form I'd much rather have him in goal than Mannone. Mannone doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.

I'd rather we kept Almunia as our number two as I think Mannone and Flappyanksi are both shitter than Almunia.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Mannone isnt the best but hes done well this season

Letters
17-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Mannone isnt the best but hes done well this season
He has done well this season but I can't be the only Gooner to have been somewhat alarmed by his inclusion when Chesney was injured.
Hope he keeps up the good form though, although I think you're over-stating Chesney's problems it's obviously good for him to have a bit of pressure for the 'keeper position.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 03:43 PM
As much as I think Chesney is on a poor run of form I'd much rather have him in goal than Mannone. Mannone doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.

I'd rather we kept Almunia as our number two as I think Mannone and Flappyanksi are both shitter than Almunia.

Think your being harsh on fabianski tbh, ge did well in the 10/11 season and had he not been injured i think we'd have gone on to win the CC and a few other things. As a no 2 fabs is ok.

Chesney is deffo still the no 1, but like Ach has been saying he needs to be pushed ans hopefully him being Injured/Dropped could be the start of that.

That said i hope Mannone does well and if the lad earns himself a run in the team so be it.

Syn
17-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Mannone doesn't seem to have much middle ground but I don't know why he has such a bad rep. Fabianski I could understand. Almunia I could understand. Vito has been alright, hasn't he? Not saying he hasn't had a couple (tbh I can only think of one) of shockers but as far as 'keepers go, has he really made enough errors that explains why he has done so shit? I think Mannone gets you either 4/10 or 10/10 but Szczesny was, last season, a guaranteed 7/10 goalkeeper. Sure we'd benefit from an absolute world-class goalkeeper but I really don't get the worrying over our options. It's not that bad, lads.

If Szczesny grasses another like that then I'll start to worry because the whole point of Szczesny is that - although he doesn't make spectacular saves which win you points - he does the simple stuff (particularly aerial) very well.

Dennis Bendtner
17-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Olympiakos and that one he dropped on someone's head (Blackburn? Birmingham?). His mistake ratio is a lot better than Fabianski's at that kind of stage, who was averaging a clanger a match.

You are right about Szczesny's strengths. Up until Saturday I could not think of many set-pieces or aerial balls he had dropped resulting in a goal. That was the immediate difference post-Almunia and the odd Fabianski appearance. You'd be inclined to say it's a one-off, which is not to say other aspects of his game - long-range shot stopping, distribution - are great right now. But the fundamental factor for goalkeepers is confidence and you can't improve otherwise.

Özim
17-09-2012, 06:59 PM
I do think Chesney is a good goalkeeper and has potential, I do however think he is vastly overrated on here he's got some work to do before he becomes top class.

The best goalkeepers can go 89 minutes without doing a thing and produce a top class save in the 90th minute when called on, they're basically there when you need them the most. We were lucky to have Seaman in goal for many years and the guy was a rock, of course he made the odd mistake (all keepers do) but he made save after save for us and his concentration level was second to none.

It's not fair to compare Chesney to someone like him, however if he wants to become a top goalkeeper he needs to develop some of the traits Seaman displayed and not come out with excuses about not being able to get up for small games.

fakeyank
17-09-2012, 07:04 PM
:wave: Chezza

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 07:20 PM
I do think Chesney is a good goalkeeper and has potential, I do however think he is vastly overrated on here he's got some work to do before he becomes top class.

The best goalkeepers can go 89 minutes without doing a thing and produce a top class save in the 90th minute when called on, they're basically there when you need them the most. We were lucky to have Seaman in goal for many years and the guy was a rock, of course he made the odd mistake (all keepers do) but he made save after save for us and his concentration level was second to none.

It's not fair to compare Chesney to someone like him, however if he wants to become a top goalkeeper he needs to develop some of the traits Seaman displayed and not come out with excuses about not being able to get up for small games.

I think the reason he is hyped up on here, because he had great potential for his age. Lets be honest Keepers peek when they hit about 27/30, so its about right he'd make mistakes now after all he is still learning. Maybe it is too much to expect to much of him now and maybe he does need the competion to push him to be better. Im comfident in him though.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2012, 07:34 PM
A ponytail would be a start.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I do think he needs to be reigned in at times, but there is a potentially great keeper there and he's shown enough promise for us to have some faith in him.

He's only 22 as well, there's so much room for improvement.

Fist of Lehmann
17-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I sometimes wonder whether he would be so highly rated if it weren't for the fact he came after some long-standing problems in that position.

But yeah, still a kid by goalkeeping standards.

Master Splinter
17-09-2012, 08:32 PM
He was injured towards the end of last season too apparently.

And he was injured before Saturday's game.

All his dodgy performances have come in this period.

Other than that he's been very good and unless he suddenly becomes a constant flapper, there's little to worry about.

Why the hell he's been playing while injured is another question entirely. Although Fabianski was out (and is again out) for ages.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 09:36 PM
only wayne hennessey (6) from relegated wolves has made more errors leading to PL goals since august 2011 than wojciech szczesny (5).

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:37 PM
only wayne hennessey (6) from relegated wolves has made more errors leading to PL goals since august 2011 than wojciech szczesny (5).

Really? Thats surprising

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 09:45 PM
yep.

we've also only kept one clean sheet in the last 20 champions league away games which was in france against marseille last season.

but we have bould working on tactics this season not wenger so that'll probably change.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:47 PM
yep.

we've also only kept one clean sheet in the last 20 champions league away games which was in france against marseille last season.

but we have bould working on tactics this season not wenger so that'll probably change.

All keepers make mistakes even Joe haart who is suppose to be world class.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 09:48 PM
rarely leads to goals though.

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 09:50 PM
All I know is Ches is virtually throwing it in his own net like Almunia before him - and Almunia got slaughtered. So fair game when Ches makes howlers of the kind he's been making over the last few months. He can do all the man love stuff for the club and the fans (which I don't believe for a split second) but better if he keeps the ball out of the net. That's what he gets paid a silly amount to do so best he get on and do it. No sympathy, no tolerance, you get paid these amounts then fucking perform.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:51 PM
rarely leads to goals though.

true

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:51 PM
All I know is Ches is virtually throwing it in his own net like Almunia before him - and Almunia got slaughtered. So fair game when Ches makes howlers of the kind he's been making over the last few months. He can do all the man love stuff for the club and the fans (which I don't believe for a split second) but better if he keeps the ball out of the net. That's what he gets paid a silly amount to do so best he get on and do it. No sympathy, no tolerance, you get paid these amounts then fucking perform.

:goodpost:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Have you noticed no one calls him Sir ches anymore, lol.

Letters
17-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I never called him that.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:56 PM

As i said in a previous post in some thread (could be this one) he was stripped of the Sir accolade

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:57 PM
As i said in a previous post in some thread (could be this one) he was stripped of the Sir accolade

Rightly so tbh. Wonder if Mannone will be given his Don title back?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 09:58 PM

change D with G and add an E on the end

:pray:

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 10:00 PM

Only our world class players get the Sir before their names

Sir Jack is one

Sir Chamakh is the other

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 10:25 PM

Sir Jack is one

Sir Chamakh is the other

Sir Shitmack

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 10:53 PM

I've only ever called him Sjmspwoe[lwffify.

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 11:51 PM
He can be called Master Ches Esq for a while until he gets his shit back together.

Grebbo
18-09-2012, 07:36 AM

Wow

Olivier's xmas twist
18-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Sir Jack is one

Sir Chamakh is the other

I've only ever called him Sjmspwoe[lwffify.

change D with G and add an E on the end

:pray:

Marc Overmars
21-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Wenget has said Chesney will be out for a further........2-3 weeks. :lol:

He has a little ankle.

LDG
21-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Shez :rose:

The wrath of Wenget strikes again.

It's what he did with Jens, then Almunia :lol:

Syn
21-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Rumours of a big injury being hidden. He's going to be our key player out of the season.

Vermaelen 10-11, Wilshere 11-12, Szczesny 12-13.

There's also usually another couple of guys who pick up 3-4 months. I'd guess Arteta and Vermaelen.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-09-2012, 09:47 AM
at least we signed a decent back up keeper to provide competition and depth

oh

Cripps_orig
21-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Best Keeper in the League tbh.

bignev
21-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Who judges that though?

Cripps_orig
21-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Who judges that though?

People who watch a lot of football?

Or as we like to call them, Maccy

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Who judges that though?

i reckon its kanu

Xhaka Can’t
21-09-2012, 12:51 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/388107973_d7fa5f9e06_o.jpg

Grebbo
21-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Where the hell is Flappyanski? How come he can be injured for so long from never playing football?!

Olivier's xmas twist
21-09-2012, 01:50 PM

Funny how you laugh at something i said last season. Never said he was the best keeper in the league this season.

Master Splinter
21-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Never said he was the best keeper in the league this season.

He never said you said that.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-09-2012, 03:07 PM

Cripps_orig
22-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Just corrected your little mistake there

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 11:14 AM
He has done well this season but I can't be the only Gooner to have been somewhat alarmed by his inclusion when Chesney was injured.
Hope he keeps up the good form though, although I think you're over-stating Chesney's problems it's obviously good for him to have a bit of pressure for the 'keeper position.

:gp:

LDG
29-10-2012, 01:07 PM
jk.fbhdbbkBKDFB is back in full training :popcorn:

Sneaky 90 mins tomorrow night in prep for the Utd game?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Szczesny :bow:

@LDG leave him for the manc game, Let Martinez or mannone play tomorrow.

Syn
29-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Goalkeeping position isn't like any other outfield position. He'll be fine to play both games. He needs tomorrow's game to get back to grips. That said, Mannone made a couple of crucial saves and looked decent enough against QPR. Confidence is always a massive issue for goalkeepers and now that he has something to build on, dropping him now won't be helpful for him.

Cripps_orig
29-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Skdfkjdhfkjsny or Mannone v Mancs.....doesnt matter. Both are a bit shit

Grebbo
30-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Chesney is a bit less shit than Mannone. Mannone scares the shit out of me, whenever he plays I think we'll lose.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Chesney is a bit less shit than Mannone. Mannone scares the shit out of me, whenever he plays I think we'll lose.

Pretty much.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:47 AM
As a great man once said

Shit being better than shit is still shit

Grebbo
30-10-2012, 10:48 AM
As a great man once said

Shit being better than shit is still shit

True but shit is better than diarrhea

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I actually think both are at a similar level

Neither are good enough for us in the long run. Both have fucked up but Ches has had a run in the team and not impressed. Mannone has come in and done pretty decent and deserves to stay in

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I actually think both are at a similar level

Neither are good enough for us in the long run. Both have fucked up but Ches has had a run in the team and not impressed. Mannone has come in and done pretty decent and deserves to stay in

Ches is miles better end off.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 11:00 AM

Ches is miles better end off.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Mannone had his chance a few seasons ago, don Vito they called him, well he was shit then hence why he went on loan to hull instead of staying in the 1st team.

Ches has shown his class, but because the mighty Ach don't lke him he must be poor.

GP
30-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I like Vito, he's done well so far.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 11:04 AM
2 games is hardly a chance

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:06 AM
2 games is hardly a chance

He played 8 games, in that year 5 in the league 3 in europe.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:07 AM
I like Vito, he's done well so far.

Never said he has not. He's just not our no1.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 11:07 AM
He played 8 games, in that year 5 in the league 3 in europe.

And he was dropped as soon as Almunia was back

Give him a chance as number 1 and not as a stop gap

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:12 AM
And he was dropped as soon as Almunia was back

Give him a chance as number 1 and not as a stop gap

Thats cause he was terrible then, You have to be really bad to let Alumnia have his place back.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Or have Wenger as a manager

Marc Overmars
08-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Wenget says Chesney will play for the U21's tomorrow night and if he comes through unscatched, he might be in the squad for Fulham.

IBK
09-11-2012, 10:49 AM
:trophy:

Cripps_orig
09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
yay

Hes better than Martinez so he'll be on the bench

Mannone deserves to stay in

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Wojciech Szczesny believes his Arsenal side can go one better than Chelsea - by winning the Champions League AND finishing in the top four at home.

Keeper Szczesy’s return from injury has coincided with the best week of the Gunners' season - a 5-2 thrashing of Tottenham in the North London derby followed by securing qualification for the knockout phase in Europe's premier competition for the 13th consecutive season.

The European Cup final will be held at Wembley in May for the second time in three years, and the Gunners have slipped quietly into the last 16 while big-spending Chelsea and Manchester City have struggled.

Arsene Wenger’s men are not among the Champions League favourites and have struggled to put together a winning run at home.

But Poland international Szczesny claims they have renewed momentum.

“You have ups and downs in every season and we have been through some tough weeks recently," he said.

“We came back stronger than ever against Tottenham and we want to enjoy that moment as long as we can. We’ve only had two positive results and we want to put together a longer run - then we can start talking about the real Arsenal again.

“But Arsenal have qualified for the last 16 every year for the last few years, so I don’t think us reaching the knockout stage should surprise anyone.

“Chelsea and Manchester City not doing well is a massive surprise, but at the moment we are just enjoying that we’ve got through.

“Of course, we hope to get a good result in Olympiacos [in next month's group-phase finale], but it’s not in our hands whether we finish top of our group. We have to rely on someone else, but I’m not sure if it’s the most important thing to come top.

“In the last 16, whether you finish first or second, you come up against the best teams in Europe. We came top last year, played AC Milan away and lost 4-0.

“We can take inspiration from what Chelsea did last season.

"They weren’t fantastic in the Premier League but they had a fantastic run in Europe. I hope we can do what they did, but also perform a little bit better in the Premier League.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-wojciech-szczesny-targets-the-european-1450945