PDA

View Full Version : Carl Daniel Jenkinson

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 09:12 PM
:bow:

He deserves his own thread.

From Charlton to the Champions League.

I think he has been bloody brilliant for us.

Kano
24-08-2011, 09:14 PM
really pleased with his start, after less than 10 full games at Charlton. He does need to sharpen up his passing, which is a bit awkward and off target at times but that will come and how long are we going to waste the crosses he gives us?

IBK
24-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Great start. Feck me if AW's seen something we couldn't?

Boss
24-08-2011, 09:21 PM
From non-league footy 6 months ago to this :bow: :bow:

Been very impressed with him so far and would like him to keep his place ahead of Gibbs/Traore if we don't sign anyone.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:29 PM

He deserves his own thread.

From Charlton to the Champions League.

He just seems to know the Basics, How great is it ti have a defender with sense. Instead of passing it out of defense he booths it out and he can cross lol.

Looks very composed with a bit of confidence will be a good player.

Clichy who

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Deserves credit, it's been an incredible step up in class for him but he's really slotted in well.

No frills player, just a fairly solid defender which is exactly what we needed. Positive start, keep it up!

Edinburgh Gooner
24-08-2011, 09:46 PM
He definately gives us somethign extra. I thought he looked a bit awkward, but then realised he wasn't playingany fancy shit! Just good old fashioned hoof it clear from the danger zone. Song needs to cover him when he goes forward tho.

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 05:38 AM
He just seems to know the Basics, How great is it ti have a defender with sense. Instead of passing it out of defense he booths it out and he can cross lol.

Looks very composed with a bit of confidence will be a good player.

:gp:

Some of us noticed it in pre-season too. Well me, NQ and Darth Vela. Hasn't put a foot wrong really (apart from a few nervy minutes against Udinese at home).

The development of young players is really fascinating. He was barely playing for Charlton, but makes a huge step up and looks completely natural.

Shows you how good Wenger is with young players. Frimpong looks comfortable at this level too.

But Wenger is a bumbling old fool who fluked his way to early Arsenal success, so I should probably delete my previous sentence.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-08-2011, 05:54 AM
yup the guy is proving that he didn't need a stint in the reserves before stepping up........

however I think the biggest credit should go to Clichy who pissed off and cleared the way for Jenkinson to get his chance cos if he was still around......Gibbs wouldnt have been given the chance to injure himself again thus causing us to stick Sagna on the left and Jenkinson being given his chance........

thanks Gael, first time I have actually been impressed with your delivery!

Tony Tuesdays
25-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Really liking this kid's attitude. He's loving the experience and looks to be grabbing his chance with both feet.
He's still raw and will get exposed by better players/teams but he'll only improve.

He actually reminds me of what would've been a typical George Graham signing. Signed from the lower leagues for next to nothing and will develop into one of the mainstays in defence.

Hope Wenger has been looking at GG's blueprint for an effective defence. Now go get us a commanding England based CB!

isv
25-08-2011, 09:28 AM
also helps being in a team u support, u will always give 100%.. Potential to be better than dixon..

Justhandguns
25-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Man, at 19, what do you expect! He worked his socks off in the last two games, and most importantly, he's got the height (I think he's 6'2")!

Yes, you guys are right, his crosses are good, much better than Sagna and Walcott. I guess Sagna will have a hard time keep this young lad off the pitch.

Darth Vela
25-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Big, strong, determined and a dyed in the wool gooner, plus he never even looks like getting injured so we've got consistent, competent cover at RB and I think in time he'll learn how to give it a go at LB too. He's exactly the kind of guy we need, plus he can swing in a half decent cross which will help when/if a proper CF ends up in the box for us.

Özim
25-08-2011, 10:16 AM
He's done well, it's early days though we'll see how he progresses.

RomfordPele
25-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Yep, let's see how he does on Sunday against Nani and Young. He's done well so far, but this will be a massive test. I still think we need an established left back.

Ironing
28-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Don't know what to make of this guy. Seems to have positional issues.

Joker
28-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't know how Wenger could have expected a player who was playing at Charlton last season (and was loaned out to a non league team) to cope with facing Nani, Young etc.

Aaron Wilshere
28-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't know how Wenger could have expected a player who was playing at Charlton last season (and was loaned out to a non league team) to cope with facing Nani, Young etc.

The answer to that is in your question - it's Wenger.

Özim
28-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Not the guy's fault, he's pretty much come fron non league as mentioned and has been thrown to the lions by Wenger....it's farsical to expect a kid with no top level experience to come in and be able to handle this level...whilst being horribly let down by his more experienced teammates.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:25 PM
The lad went out there and tried his best today. If it's not good enough then it wasn't for lack of effort, it wasn't for lack of trying to do the right thing. Can we say as much for Arshavin, for example? A player with many years experience at the top level? At any normal club Jenkinson could mature into a very good defender. At Arsenal, the asset stripped club, he must be instantly a top class defender. Is that reasonable at all?

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Shite but not his fault

Blame Wenger

Ironing
28-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I agree, you can't fault his effort today.

The way Wenger has things set up at the moment, as soon as EITHER one of our 1st choice fullbacks are out, he's in the team...

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 08:52 PM
this kid cares about the club, i believe he is a genuine fan of us anyway but today we ran and ran and ran, put good crosses in imo and was ok defensively givne who he was up against. even though he gave a foul to get sent off, you could see that he was busting a gut to get back their. fair play to the lad

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Eleven Jenkinsons and no way were we getting a hiding today. Some of our established players really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Shite but not his fault

Blame Wenger

Feck off is he shit. Should never have even played in this game though.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 08:58 PM

a defence of him kos, tv5 and sagna and he would have been fine

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 09:01 PM

You tell me to fuck off but agree with me?

Ok then....

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:07 PM
You tell me to fuck off but agree with me?

Ok then....

No never agreed with you on him being shit, but do on the fact he should not have played.