PDA

View Full Version : New Signing - Park Chu Young - Out For 2 Years

The Verminator
28-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Sounds like a good player by most accounts and we've managed to get him on the cheap. This is probably why though:

Park has no choice but to return home before the end of 2013. Military service beckons.
Each and every able-bodied Korean man must undergo two years in the country's armed services before the age of 28.
Park's status as captain of his national team, darling of his nation and arguably the highest profile Korean footballer in Europe will not change that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8727273/Arsenal-steal-South-Korean-idol-Park-Chu-Young-from-Lille.html

:unsure:

Letters
28-08-2011, 08:32 AM
He'll be like a new signing in 2 years though.

:doh:

Unai Tea
28-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a good player by most accounts and we've managed to get him on the cheap. This is probably why though:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8727273/Arsenal-steal-South-Korean-idol-Park-Chu-Young-from-Lille.html

:unsure:

Seems to me the military service thing is still up in the air and there may be an exemption. But if it's for two years only, that's fine -£2.5 - £3m is a minimal fee. If he's exempted from military service or whatever, make it £4m - £4.5m.

Boss
28-08-2011, 09:07 AM
1. There's an exemption for members of the national team.

2. Ji-Sung Park never went on military service.

3. We got him on the cheap because Monaco were relegated.

/thread

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I hear he had an IQ score of 150 when he was 17. And that he's a black belt in some martial art, but that just might be stereotyping.

The Verminator
28-08-2011, 09:17 AM
1. There's an exemption for members of the national team.

2. Ji-Sung Park never went on military service.

3. We got him on the cheap because Monaco were relegated.

/thread

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2010/06/120_68239.html

South Korea’s advancement to the knockout round of the World Cup in South Africa has kicked off a debate over whether to exempt members of the team from their mandatory military service.

By battling to a 2-2 draw with Nigeria on Wednesday, the squad advanced to the round of 16 for the first time on foreign soil.

After the match, Cho Chung-yun, chairman of the Korea Football Association, said he would push for some young players to be awarded the exemption.

All able-bodied men aged 20 or older here are required to serve in the armed forces for at least two years. This means 14 of the 23 players on the roster are subject to mandatory service, including standouts Park Chu-young (forward) and Ki Sung-yueng (midfielder).

“What the players want is exemption from military service," Cho said. “The association will do its best to realize this.”

But a ranking defense ministry offical Thursday attempted to quell speculation, saying the benefit cannot be granted without the revision of relevant laws.

The anonymous official said the issue warrants "careful consideration,” taking into account the current military service law as well as public opinion.

In 2002, the national football team players were exempted from their military obligations after making the semifinals on its home turf. That year, the government revised the law so advancing to the round of 16 at the World Cup or the semifinals of the World Baseball Classic would merit the exemption.

But the revision was withdrawn in 2007 amid criticism it applied only to stars of the most popular sports, and discriminated against the top-shelf athletes of lower-profile ones.

As it stands, the only athletes eligible for the exemption are Olympic medalists and Asian Game gold medalists.

Team captain Park Ji-sung, a member of the 2002 squad, said the exemption should be granted to the younger players so that they can develop their skills, and thereby elevate the standing of South Korean football.

But the ministry official questioned whether Koreans would support another revision.

"If the law changed from event to event, would the public be able to accept that?" the official said. "Unless the National Assembly introduces a revision bill, we'd have no other option but to apply the current law."

The debate appears likely to continue across all sports as South Korea emerges as a force to contend with in the international athletic arena.

milla
28-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I hear he had an IQ score of 150 when he was 17. And that he's a black belt in some martial art, but that just might be stereotyping.

Shit tbh. Eboue is a rainbow belt in Kalari payat, has an IQ of 151 sheep. :coffee:

The Verminator
28-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Also, this proves that Wenger is still only interested in buying young players, even when they are 26.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Nasty little fascists press-ganging people into their little fascist soldier parades. Can't we invade the tinpot shithole if they don't exempt him?

WMUG
28-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Nasty little fascists press-ganging people into their little fascist soldier parades. Can't we invade the tinpot shithole if they don't exempt him?Wrong Korea.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Wrong Korea.

No, not at all the wrong Korea. I'm talking about the Americanized hell hole Korea.

KSE Comedy Club
28-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Ok, so what happens if, oh I dont know, he just doesnt go back there?

Do they send the military police over to take him away?

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Arsenal-transfer-Park-Chu-Young-what-the-fans-can-expect-by-Andrew-Gibney-article792143.html

Once the big move to Europe finally materialised it didn’t take him long to impress the Monegasques fans and he quickly became a favourite throughout Ligue 1. Starting as a wide player he was able to show his ability with the ball at his feet. Quick along the ground, with great balance and little moments that show the skill he possessed with the ball at his feet.

When the 2010/11 season came around Park was Monaco’s leading front-man and he began to show his aerial presence as a lone striker.

His impressive leap and strong physique make him a dangerous aerial presence. Adept from dead-ball situations even though Monaco were relegated, Park impressed and managed to find the net twelve times last season.

He's 6ft tall and can play all across the front. Might be a useful squad player if he can lead the line in our 4-3-3, which was my main concern.

Özim
28-08-2011, 11:35 AM
12 Goals, a stunning return. Always wary of players from a French league who are considered dangerous when all they manage is a measly 12 goals a season.

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 11:39 AM
He got that playing in a team that got relegated. We can assume the supply was pretty scarce.

As I keep on saying, stop writing him off, before he's kicked a ball. It's tiresome.

Coney
28-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Shit tbh. Eboue is a rainbow belt in Kalari payat, has an IQ of 151 sheep. :coffee:

Well, Adebayour has a bow in his hair, talks like a prat and has a goat.

KSE Comedy Club
28-08-2011, 11:52 AM
He got that playing in a team that got relegated. We can assume the supply was pretty scarce.

As I keep on saying, stop writing him off, before he's kicked a ball. It's tiresome.

:gp:

Coney
28-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Sooo....... when do we play against Barton again?

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok, so what happens if, oh I dont know, he just doesnt go back there?

Do they send the military police over to take him away?

His family get sacked from the Nike factory.

Coney
28-08-2011, 12:06 PM
His family get sacked from the Nike factory.

Then will they bring the trainer on?

Özim
28-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Yeah you were saying the same thing about Chamakh last season, look how that worked out.

He's totally unproven and just not what I was hoping or indeed what we really needed, a goalscorer was what was required, we didn't get one.

I suppose if he keeps Chamakh out it's a good thing, but he isn't going to make us genuine challengers that's for sure.

Coney
28-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah you were saying the same thing about Chamakh last season, look how that worked out.

He's totally unproven and just not what I was hoping or indeed what we really needed, a goalscorer was what was required, we didn't get one.

I suppose if he keeps Chamakh out it's a good thing, but he isn't going to make us genuine challengers that's for sure.

You MIGHT be right, but the transfer window is still open.

Özim
28-08-2011, 12:19 PM
You MIGHT be right, but the transfer window is still open.
True but come on you don't really believe AW is going to buy another striker do you, reckon this was the striker he talked about, that's the disappointment.

Wouldn't mind this guy if he came in as well as someone else and thus was a squad member.

Coney
28-08-2011, 12:22 PM
No idea. Just waiting for the window to close to see what the xfer net result is, and end of November for an idea of how good/bad we are likely to be this year.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Then will they bring the trainer on?

jog on fella.

SayNoMore
28-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Good squad player imo. Who knows maybe he'll be mr reliable when vp breaks his glass body wen he next falls over.

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 01:24 PM

I did because we're supposed to be supporters. I'm not gonna criticise someone before he's played for us. We now know that Chamakh is a total coward and a non-footballer. I think most of us at least gave him some time before judging him.

Özim
28-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I did because we're supposed to be supporters. I'm not gonna criticise someone before he's played for us. We now know that Chamakh is a total coward and a non-footballer. I think most of us at least gave him some time before judging him.
and that's precisely why I'm p*ssed off.

I'm not bothered about us signing a player like this as a squad player to give us some options, I have a serious issue with us doing so when we desperately need a goalscorer to support the injury prone RVP and choose the cheap untried option everytime.

If we'd got rid of Chamakh and brought this guy in alongside another forward than fine, but as a standalone signing that's one helluvah disappointment, especially after cashing in of two of ourbest players for a fortune.

There's no reason for us to go cheap this time (if there ever is).

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 01:35 PM
You don't know whether he'll be the only striker signing yet. I agree, it's unlikely that more than two players will come in, given how fucking late we've left it, but we can't be certain.

All I know is, Wenger will be given fuckloads of stick if he doesn't bring in those two players. And I don't know anyone with sense who would sell their best players to us with less than a week of the window to go.

Özim
28-08-2011, 01:40 PM
All I know is, Wenger will be given fuckloads of stick if he doesn't bring in those two players. And I don't know anyone with sense who would sell their best players to us with less than a week of the window to go.
You're right and I totally agree with you, however that's completely our own fault, as usual we make up BS about waiting periods etc etc and in the end have to settle for something we may not have had to.

Other clubs managed to bring in quality proven players, we just chose to sell them.

Boss
30-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Re: Park

Military duty

Morana has also spoken about Park's excitement at the prospect of joining such a club at this stage of his career as he must return home for two years' national service before the age of 30.

"We could not imagine what happened. On Friday, Arsenal contacted Monaco to know if an agreement had been found with Lille about a transfer," Morana told France Football.

"As it was not the case, Arsenal started to negotiate, then asked to contact the player.

"Could you imagine how a player from Monaco could refuse such a club?

"As he should come back to his native Korea later in 2013 for military duties, this could be his last contract in Europe.

Fist of Lehmann
30-08-2011, 12:37 PM
If it happens, it happens. We can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Nothing about this transfer suggests long term planning, the immediate concern is trying to dodge the implosion bullet this season. If he can contribute now that's all you can ask or expect of an inexpensive last minute stop-gap.

2013? We have more pressing matters right now.

The Verminator
30-08-2011, 02:20 PM
On Arsenal.com now. :)

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-to-sign-striker-chu-young-park?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

Agree with above statement by FoL. It's a strange predicament to be in, but let's just hope he's a great player for us in the meantime and wait and see what takes place.

Boss
30-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Out of all of their heroes, many Korean football fans felt that it was Lee Chung-Yong who would one day play for Arsenal. Park Chu-Young, not so much. It was different back in 2005 when he was the hottest property in Asia and linked with Chelsea just weeks after making his professional debut. Then, it was assumed he would end up at the elite. Six years later, he is set to sign for the Gunners though not in time to face Park Ji-Sung, his predecessor as South Korean captain, in the English Premier League. Such a meeting would have organizers at the World Athletic Championships in the striker's hometown of Daegu which started the same day as his arrival in London for a medical, wondering where all the Korean journalists had gone.

The first event in Daegu was the marathon, an apt description of how a gruelling summer of speculation must have felt for Park. The starting gun was fired in June as he returned home following the relegation of his French club AS Monaco to be asked about where he would go next. With 12 goals in his third season, almost a third of the club's total despite a mid-season knee injury that kept him out of the Asian Cup in January (damage sustained due to a goal celebration that went wrong) it was expected that there would be offers for Korea's number one striker.

He replied that he wanted Champions League football. Fast forward to the end of the summer and just after Arsenal confirmed their place in the tournament; he was on his way to London. It seemed that the player grew as tired with all the talk of Liverpool, Bolton, Schalke, Milan, Lille, PSG etc as by the time he returned home again in August, he avoided reporters at the airport by the old 'talking on the phone' routine, something that Lille's president complained Park didn't do before heading to London.

The news was big in Korea. Park Chu-Young is no Ji Dong-Won. The Sunderland striker could walk down the streets of Seoul without being recognized but that has been difficult for Park, 26, since even before he became professional in 2005 with FC Seoul - upsetting Pohang Steelers who had expected to secure his signature. His performance at the 2004 Asian Youth Championships put him on the map. So much so that dealing with the pressure at a club like Arsenal should not be a problem, he has been burdened with an entire nation's expectations ever since he started his pro career. His first nicknames were 'Football Genius' and 'Korea's Hope'. Everywhere he went with Seoul in the first half of that first season, attendances doubled, tripled and more and within months he was the face of FIFA's console games in his homeland.

But he scored goals. A hat-trick in his first home game for Seoul got him going and he ended the season as the league's top scorer. National team coach Jo Bonfrere resisted calls to select him for a while but not too long. His first call-up came three months after his professional debut and in a vital World Cup qualifier in Uzbekistan in early June 2005, he came up with a crucial last-minute equalizer. Four days later he scored again as Korea won 4-0 in Kuwait to secure qualification for Germany. Every time he took the step to the next level, he shone.

That was as good as it got for a while. Bonfrere's replacement Dick Advocaat was less impressed with the striker, criticizing his lack of movement. The Dutchmen selected the youngster against Switzerland in Korea's final group game but he was anonymous. By then, the backlash at home had begun as had the inevitable slump. He stopped scoring and stopped looking like he knew how to score. He was sometimes shifted out to the wing, sometimes to the bench and sometimes to the treatment room with niggly knocks that disturbed his rhythm. The memory of Park's early days kept him in the headlines, though they were not happy ones. Always taciturn and unsmiling as soon as a microphone came his way, the smiles reserved for team-mates also started to fade. Park looked like he was no longer enjoying his football.

The move to Monaco in the summer of 2008 came at the right time. Out of one of the busiest and biggest cities in the world to much more relaxed surroundings of the Mediterranean, Park started to improve his game. Never an instinctive goalpoacher - his finishing has improved but still could be better - he is an intelligent striker (literally, with an IQ of 150), with the ability to bring others into the game and technically sound. Good in the air, he is also good with a dead, and even with a Jabulani, ball, scoring with a direct free-kick against Nigeria in South Africa. For his country, Park started to show the more mature side to his game in 2009 with regular goals and impressive all-round play and it was no surprise when he had a good World Cup.

Jerome de Bontin, the Monaco president who signed Park on the final day of the August 2008 transfer window, openly admitted that the club was looking to sign players who could expand the club's commercial reach as well as strengthen the team on the pitch. Freddy Adu didn't tick either box while Monaco were never able to make use of Park's standing in East Asia. Games were shown live but early-morning interest in the fate of a mid-table, at best, French team playing in empty stadiums was low. It may be tiresome, and usually wrong, to talk of an Asian signing with commercial benefits but in this case, Arsenal will have possibilities to explore.

It will be tempered by Park's military duty, a small shadow over the signing that will only grow as his time to return home in 2013 to serve for two years gets closer. Signing for Arsenal won't change that. The only thing that will is a medal in next summer's Olympics. Just as the 2002 team earned exemption for their semi-final heroics, the same could happen in London. Assuming Korea qualify, Park is almost certain to be one of the three over-age players, his last chance to miss the call-up.

So this is probably his only chance to play for a truly big club which explains his decision to drop everything at Lille. Park has the talent and the attitude to play in the Premier League, no doubt, but whether he has what it takes to make a top team like Arsenal that little bit better, is another question entirely. It is one that all of South Korea will be hoping that Park can answer positively.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/950445/ambitious-park-chu-young-races-towards-arsenal-?cc=4716

Master Splinter
30-08-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/331x498/aug_11/zp_Park_9_110828PAFC_3541.jpg?ic=02a53fT

:bow: This Ju means business.

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/336x498/aug_11/zp_Park_25_110828PAFC_1909.jpg?ic=c19c68T

WTF?

GP
30-08-2011, 07:55 PM
:haha:

His shoes were Hush Puppies, so he ate them.

Silly Ju.

Syn
30-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Silly Ju.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Footballing brain detected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFS-JliMssY&NR

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't have much to base this on but I think this guy could be better than Arshavin.

selassie
30-08-2011, 08:33 PM

Silly Ju.

You do come out with some good uns GP.

Letters
30-08-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't have much to base this on but I think this guy could be better than Arshavin.

Your face is better than Arshavin <_<

Letters
30-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Silly Ju.

Anti-Semite :sulk:

LDG
01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Who?

dazthegooner
02-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Well with the way we get injuries he'll probably be out longer than that... ;)

gunsofashburtongrove
02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
If he wins an Olympic gold, he doesn't have to join the army. BTW in other news this happened. I know its only against Lebenon but..

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/park-chuyoung-lebanon-15356930/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/park-chuyoung-(2)-lebanon-15357098/

GP
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Great finish on the volley.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Attacking the box. :faint:

Hope we don't coach it out of him.

dazthegooner
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Attacking the box. :faint:

Hope we don't coach it out of him.

Nothing wrong with attacking the box ;)

gunsofashburtongrove
02-09-2011, 12:56 PM
and he completes his hatrick

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/chuyoung-park-(3)-lebanon-15357262/

selassie
02-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Looks a really good player from the little I've seen of him, he looks very direct in those clips too. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
A hat-trick at International level, meh.

LDG
02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Nothing wrong with attacking the box ;)

Like a furious rapist!!

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Like a furious rapist!!

Or Peter Crouch in a taxi.

LDG
02-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Or Peter Crouch in a taxi.

"Are you talkin to my knees"

Alan B'stard
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
A hat-trick at International level, meh.

nil lebanese, 4 orient.
my name is Ju Park, baby
I was born this wayhey

Özim
02-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Man City must be jealous, they get lumbered with Aguero and we get this guy who's scored a hattrick against mighty Lebanon no less :trophy:

:dancingman:

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Man City must be jealous, they get lumbered with Aguero and we get this guy who's scored a hattrick against mighty Lebanon no less :trophy:

:dancingman:

Aguero is shit. Only a million times better than Chamakh, which is pretty fucking awful. He won't score any more goals for City and will probably be sold in January at a cut price, drop out of football and be forced into becoming a male prostitute. Every indicator is pointing towards this outcome.

Özim
02-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Aguero is shit. Only a million times better than Chamakh, which is pretty fucking awful. He won't score any more goals for City and will probably be sold in January at a cut price, drop out of football and be forced into becoming a male prostitute. Every indicator is pointing towards this outcome.
Totally agree, we won't have that problem though because even if Young was to become a prostitute the national service will sort him out.

It's win win really.

Master Splinter
02-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Looks like a Must Get.

Cripps_orig
10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
ARSENAL striker Park Chu-Young claims he will be forced to quit Arsenal in two years' time.

The South Korea star reckons he will have no choice other than to leave the Emirates because he will not be able to avoid doing national service.

Under current South Korean law, all able bodied men over 20 have a duty to serve in the military.

The only exemptions are to athletes who have won Olympic medals or gold medals in the Asian Games.

In the 2002 World Cup — held in Japan and South Korea — the government exempted the national squad, including Manchester United's Ji-Sung Park, from national service.

But Gunners ace Park, 26, concedes he will have no such luck in ducking out. He said: "It isn't really possible to be excused.

"That can't and won't happen, which is another reason I chose to come here.

"I'll have to leave Europe in two years' time and I thought this would be an incredible place to finish.

"My national service is inevitable and there is no point in thinking anything else.

"I'll still be playing games, but for an army club. I think it'll be difficult to return to Europe after that, although if something interesting comes up, you never know."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3863699/Park-Chu-Young-Ill-be-forced-to-quit-Arsenal-in-2013.html

Wenger :doh:

Marc Overmars
10-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Bye.

GP
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
This isn't exactly news though, is it?

Xhaka Can’t
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
It is.

If you're watching Dave TV.

Master Splinter
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Or if you're a Sun/Goal.com-loving WUM.

Özim
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3863699/Park-Chu-Young-Ill-be-forced-to-quit-Arsenal-in-2013.html

Wenger :doh:
This has got to be a marketing signing, Wenger won't even bring him on when we're struggling and need a goal.

In short Wenger, football's biggest plank :doh:

Cripps_orig
10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
This has got to be a marketing signing, Wenger won't even bring him on when we're struggling and need a goal.

Pretty much

fakeyank
10-10-2011, 07:31 PM
He seems to be scoring for fun for the national team.. an obvious reason why he isnt starting or even getting minutes for us. Only Allah and AW knows why we persist with the shit 4-3-3 formation. Play with 2 strikers and give players like Theo/Park/Chakma a chance to play with RVP.

AW is such a fuckin tool :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 07:54 PM

Nah He's not Galatico for Madrid tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
He seems to be scoring for fun for the national team.. an obvious reason why he isnt starting or even getting minutes for us. Only Allah and AW knows why we persist with the shit 4-3-3 formation. Play with 2 strikers and give players like Theo/Park/Chakma a chance to play with RVP.

AW is such a fuckin tool :doh:

Nah he's actually a person, thank feck your not mechanic.

fakeyank
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Nah he's actually a person, thank feck your not mechanic.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool)What a tool..

Joker
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
What a pointless signing.

Another ******* masterclass :lol:

Master Splinter
12-10-2011, 03:08 AM
What a pointless signing.

Another ******* masterclass :lol:

He's better than van Persie though.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Should convert to The Nation of Islam.......kind ofworked for Ali

No, I am not going 10,000 miles to help murder kill and burn other people to simply help continue the domination of white slavemasters over dark people the world over. This is the day and age when such evil injustice must come to an end.

Xhaka Can’t
12-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Pointless signing my arse.

Front cover of the Arsenal Far East Christmas catalogue.

Ker-ching!

dazthegooner
12-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Two years hey well we've had players out longer so won't be a problem ;)

Fist of Lehmann
12-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Pointless signing my arse.

Front cover of the Arsenal Far East Christmas catalogue.

Ker-ching!After disappointing Far East sales, Gazidis would later regret his decision to feature GB's arse on the front cover.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time," he is thought to have said.

Cripps_orig
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM
CHU-YOUNG PARK could quit Arsenal in the summer after failing to establish himself at the Emirates.
The South Korean striker moved to North London in a £3million move from Monaco in the summer.

But he has made just five appearances for Arsene Wenger's side, scoring one goal, and has fallen behind Thierry Henry in the pecking order since the Frenchman rejoined Arsenal on loan from New York Red Bulls.

And Park's agent Maurizio Morana has now revealed his client is considering calling time on his Gunners career in a bid to find more first-team oppiortunities.

Morana said: "If the current state continues, we will have to look at the transfer market in the summer."

Park was linked with a loan switch to Fulham in the January transfer window but Morana insists no contact was made.

He added: "In the English media, it was reported that Arsenal had rejected a loan offer for Park.

"However, this was in contrast to what we heard from Arsenal. There was no loan offer during the transfer window."

Park scored 25 goals in a three-year spell at Monaco but left when they were relegated from Ligue 1 last season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4110950/Arsenal-transfer-news-Chu-Young-Park-eyes-summer-Gunners-exit.html

bye

Marc Overmars
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
I really don't get why he hasn't been given an opportunity. We're not even talking about Chakma style 10 minute cameos here, most of the time he's not even involved in match day squads and when he is, rarely gets off the bench.

We could have invested properly in a forward last summer but chose to waste our time with this guy instead.

WUMger at his best here.

Master Splinter
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
If he stabbed WUMger on his way out, I wouldn't be surprised.

Syn
06-02-2012, 02:01 PM
I really don't get why he hasn't been given an opportunity. We're not even talking about Chakma style 10 minute cameos here, most of the time he's not even involved in match day squads and when he is, rarely gets off the bench.

We could have invested properly in a forward last summer but chose to waste our time with this guy instead.

WUMger at his best here.

And in the limited few appearances he has played, he has looked quite useful.

It's the Szczesny (and now Oxlade (...and the list will continue growing)) situation all over again. We know how rubbish the current alternatives (Theo, Gerv, Arshavin, Chamakh) are. So there is little to lose by trying out an unknown quantity. Nobody expects him to be brilliant. Park could turn out to be useless or he could turn out to be decent. Sunderland away, stick him on the right wing instead of Theo and see how he does. WUMger.

Letters
06-02-2012, 02:02 PM
And in the limited few appearances he has played, he has looked quite useful.

It's the Szczesny (and now Oxlade (...and the list will continue growing)) situation all over again. We know how rubbish the current alternatives (Theo, Gerv, Arshavin, Chamakh) are. So there is little to lose by trying out an unknown quantity. Nobody expects him to be brilliant. Park could turn out to be useless or he could turn out to be decent. Sunderland away, stick him on the right wing instead of Theo and see how he does. WUMger.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/WUMger.jpg

LDG
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Something stinks about this signing.

Whether he was bought for marketing purposes, or whether wenger wasn't altogther complicit in his signing, I dunno. Just seems mighty weird.

Cripps_orig
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Redknappesque bonuses being handed over?

The fact he was shit at Monaco and we still got him suggests something fishy. Or that Wengers an idiot

Could be both

Letters
06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Something stinks about this signing.

Racist.

Fist of Lehmann
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Think it was Arseblog who speculated whether this was not actually Wenger's signing and he was therefore refusing to pick him in protest.

It sounds unlikely to me, but even if it were true it's too much like cutting off your nose to spite your face. How bad must he be that you refuse to use him? His scoring rate is still better than Chamakh's this season.

Unai Tea
06-02-2012, 07:05 PM
And he was also practically kidnapped from Lille which didn't sit well with them. In theory, if risking annoyance to a potential future supplier for talent (Hazard*) you'd expect the effort to be worthwhile. But so far, nothing - hardly even given a chance.

* this assumes we actually intend to pay £20m+ for player which is probably a pipe dream.

Marc Overmars
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah I forget he was on the verge of signing for Lille, until WUMger did his thing to them as well.

Özim
06-02-2012, 08:38 PM
A Wenger signing all the way, the clueless idiot has done this before with Bischoff for example, what a total waste of money signing a player and then not playing him at all.

The board would never go above Wenger's head with signings, after all they had to shell out for him.

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
A Wenger signing all the way, the clueless idiot has done this before with Bischoff for example, what a total waste of money signing a player and then not playing him at all.

The board would never go above Wenger's head with signings, after all they had to shell out for him.

You mean like Oxlade-Chamberlain? :)

Aida
06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Waste of money and Wenger lied, He said that he was going to play him when the African cup of nations start. Then he goes and loans Henry instead, I actually feel sorry for park his been here for half year. I have no idea how he plays i can see him doing an Lassana Diarra

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I can understand Park's frustration. While I have little idea of how good/bad he is because of his lack of playing time, it has to be incredibly frustrating to be behind the likes of Chamakh.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Waste of money and Wenger lied, He said that he was going to play him when the African cup of nations start. Then he goes and loans Henry instead, I actually feel sorry for park his been here for half year. I have no idea how he plays i can see him doing an Lassana Diarra

When did he say that.

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2012, 09:27 PM
When did he say that.

When he was lying.

fakeyank
06-02-2012, 09:32 PM
When did he say that.

Wenger speaks so much shit... its hard to keep track.

By the time he retires or quits football, he will be known more for his wumming than his achievements in football.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
When he was lying.

When was he lying.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-02-2012, 09:36 PM

By the time he retires or quits football, he will be known more for his wumming than his achievements in football.

Yep he's got more waffle in him than captain Birdseye.

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2012, 09:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

fakeyank
06-02-2012, 09:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I am guessing this man is talking about Arsene Wenger..

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2012, 09:43 PM
I am guessing this man is talking about Arsene Wenger..

And not for the first time in your life, you are wrong.

Özim
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
You mean like Oxlade-Chamberlain? :)
Oxlade Chamberlain was a talent anyone could see that, in fact if you look at my posts about him I was impressed with him last season and thought he had real ability, it didn't take a genius to see this guy had a special talent (he was brilliant against Man U last season).

15 million was a lot for a player you hardly play though, so that point stands.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2012, 09:07 PM
He is a Wenger signing, so that point stands.

Özim
07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
He is a Wenger signing, so that point stands.
Yes and what's the point exactly.

I said the Korean was a Wenger signing as well, it wasn't something that was done without his say so, so not sure why you mentioned Oxo.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Because he is a Wenger signing.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes and what's the point exactly.

I said the Korean was a Wenger signing as well, it wasn't something that was done without his say so, so not sure why you mentioned Oxo.

No he was a Stan Keronke Signing, Wenger may have bought him too the club, but i think Stan was more behind this one.

Özim
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
No he was a Stan Keronke Signing, Wenger may have bought him too the club, but i think Stan was more behind this one.
Please :lol: the guy doesn't have a club about football, he probably still expects the players to pick up the oval ball and run with it!

Özim
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Because he is a Wenger signing.
Yes but why is that relevant in this thread when we're not talking about him (or weren't)?

Marc Overmars
07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Park was cheap and plucked from France, so I think Zim was saying he was a typical signing in that sense.

Ox is more atypical because it's not often we spend big on the next big English hope, whoever that may be at the time.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2012, 09:21 PM
We're talking about him now.

Cripps_orig
16-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Military service hs been delayed :(

KSE Comedy Club
16-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Military service hs been delayed :(Good news for the reserve team then :good: